"Coming Out"

Just Junkyu coming out to his mother

__________________________

Watching the frown on Jihoon's face for the same reason over and over again was stressing Junkyu out to no extent. And it pained him even more, knowing he himself was the reason behind Jihoon's obvious anger and disappointment.

Junkyu didn't understand why his mother kept on bringing one girl after another to impress Junkyu. It's true that he was of age to find a lover, which he had for five long years, but he couldn't come out about the fact that his lover is of the same gender as him.

"If you want, you can go tell her that you like her." Jihoon said with spice evident in his voice.

"Come on, Jihoonie! You know I don't look at anyone else but you!" Junkyu sulked.

"Yeah, sure! Maybe that's why you can't even man up and say it to your mother even after all these years!" Jihoon said again.

"Look, you know it's not easy! I told you I'm planning to tell her soon-"

"You've been telling me this for the last two years! My parents knew it when we were in our 2nd year together. And it's now our 5th year, and you're still leaving me hanging! Kyu, do you think my parents deserve this?"

Junkyu put his head down. He knew the impact of every word Jihoon said, or had been saying for long. He knew he needed to fix things for Jihoon, but he was scared. He loved his family way too much. And he loved Jihoon way too much. He didn't want to risk any one of them, but he knew that his selfishness only hurt Jihoon more and more.

A sudden knock on the door to Junkyu's room broke the silence inside. Junkyu opened the door to reveal his mom waiting outside. He stood aside to make way for her to enter inside his room. She sat down on a chair while both Jihoon and Junkyu were standing in front of Junkyu's bed.

"Why don't you two sit down?" she said. Both Jihoon and Junkyu sat down on the bed at that.

"So, Junkyu, how's this girl? I think she's pretty and is really talented, right, Jihoon?" Jihoon awkwardly nodded. Junkyu didn't miss that.

"Mom, I- look, I know she's okay and all, but I'm not really looking forward to getting into a relationship at this moment-"

"Junkyu! You're a fine young man now! And you still haven't made any girlfriend. As a mother, it's my duty to introduce you to your love life. Or else, how would you spend your youth to the fullest? Honestly, it worries me a lot! You're handsome, kind, qualified. Why are you still single?"

Jihoon sighed at that. He didn't like where the conversation was going one bit.

"Jihoon, you do have a lover, right?" Junkyu's mom suddenly asked, making Jihoon startled. However, Jihoon nodded in agreement soon after, "Yes, Mrs. Kim, I do have a lover." He said, looking at Junkyu in the eyes.

"See? Even your best friend is taken. What are you doing Kyu?" She said in desperation.

"Mom, you don't have to worry. I will introduce you to my lover once I can, okay? Just don't bring random girls over, it's weird and-"

"They are not random! I know each of them. And why are you talking like you already like someone?" She said once again.

Jihoon looked away. Junkyu's cowardice was known to him. He knew what Junkyu would say, 'No, mom, I don't like anyone yet.'

Things had always been that way. Whenever his mom asked about it, he always denied. Even when Jihoon was there, right in front of him, he'd say things like that which made Jihoon extremely sad. He tried hard to understand but his feelings were hurt every time.