'May I have this Dance?'

🎶 May I have this Dance?
To make it up to you
Can I say something Crazy?
I love You 🎶

Jihoon asks Junkyu for a Dance

__________________________

The nervous glances, trembling lips and fluttering eyelids make it pretty obvious that Junkyu feels things around Jihoon. Even when they're at the same table, even when they're surrounded with friends, laughing, joking, Junkyu can't look directly at Jihoon. His heart beats so fast if he ever looks at those pearly eyes, or comes in contact with those pretty hands. Jihoon's a jokester. He loves to laugh out loud, high five or even cling onto his friends. Being on the same friend circle, Junkyu can't always avoid it. On rare occasions when he's bound to sit next to Jihoon, he has to brace his beating heart and heavy breaths, because Jihoon would do the same things with him.

As if he were just another friend. Insignificant, unworthy. He hated it, but at the same time, having Jihoon's arms draped around his shoulder gave him immense joy. He couldn't help imagining things- him and Jihoon in a cold room, wrapping the same cozy, warm blanket around. Jihoon holding him just like that, smiling at him while saying stupid cheesy 'I Love You's. The body heat from Jihoon spread around him on that cold night. He couldn't help blushing. It felt so great!

"Junkyu!" Jihoon gave a slight tap on his friend's arm, who seemed to have been lost in daydreams. Junkyu stirred up, blushed from embarrassment.

"Yes?" He asked timidly, sparing a small shy smile. Jihoon laughed. He held Junkyu's arm tight, joking about what he could have possibly been thinking about. Junkyu half listened, half wondered- if only Jihoon knew!

Jihoon's ignorance or maybe reluctance to see through the obvious began to hurt Junkyu. Being the absolute shy introvert, it was challenging to hint at his feelings for one of his very own friends, arguably best friend. But Jihoon chose not to see it. Even when Junkyu's lovesick gaze spoke for itself, even when all of their friends told him that Junkyu stole secret glances at him, he chose not to believe it. Clearly, he wasn't honest with himself. Because when late at night, his brain couldn't think of anything but Junkyu's gorgeous eyes, chubby cheeks and plump lips, he wouldn't text Junkyu. Wouldn't say that he couldn't sleep thanks to Junkyu's pretty face. He'd stare at the ceiling convincing himself that he found Junkyu pretty and that's it. Junkyu was his friend and friend only.

But they could not go on like this. Especially Junkyu. Having failed multiple times when he clutched his heart to approach Jihoon, even saying something in the line- 'I think I don't look at you like everyone else'; he cried. He cried and lost hope. The Jihoon that fluttered his heart was only causing pain and he found it difficult to sit at the same table, listening to Jihoon's voice that hurt him again and again. His love for Jihoon didn't make him happy anymore. It stung him like bees, tied a rope around his neck till he could breathe no more. He wished to hate the cruel Jihoon, but he couldn't.

Jihoon was too good to hate.

Because even after everything, Jihoon would wrap his arm around Junkyu like the closest friend and Junkyu failed to fight the butterflies in his stomach.

He was so stupidly in love!

On a random Saturday night, the boys went to drink and dance. Hyunsuk, Yoshi, Yedam, Jihoon and Junkyu. The small circle of five who had been friends for about two years now. Things between Junkyu and Jihoon were on the rough side. Like everyone knew Junkyu likes Jihoon. And that Jihoon wasn't the same because he wasn't 'gay'. They sympathized with Junkyu but eventually, normalised it. Junkyu tried to do so too. Even move on. But Jihoon was an addictive drug. How to move on from those gorgeous boba eyes?