Royals

By jiminedin

"That's the difference. You may think, just going to this school makes you a Royal but no. They are the true... More

✨Preview ✨
Chapter 1 - Royals High
Chapter 2 - The Most Handsome Boy
Chapter 3 - Teenage Drama
Chapter 5 - Strawberry Shortcake
Chapter 6 - Mint Chocolate
Chapter 7: Favorite Icecream
Chapter 8: Changes
Chapter 9 - Different Opinions
Chapter 10 - The E-mail
Chapter 11 - Classmates
Chapter 12 - The Best of Everything
Chapter 13 - You're Not Alone
Chapter 14 - The Boy With Kind Eyes
Chapter 15 - New Uniform, Old Me
Chapter 16 - Spilled Coffee
Chapter 17 - Soiled Uniform
Chapter 18 - Good News
Chapter 19 - You Have a Parcel
Chapter 20 - First Day Jitters
Chapter 21 - There's No Going Back Now
Chapter 22 - A Great Start
Chapter 23 - Bad Timings
Chapter 24 - Person 1 or Person 2
Chapter 25 - Gut Feelings
Chapter 26 - Bunny Teeth
Chapter 27 - Ring Of The Bell
Chapter 28 - Another Leather Jacket
Chapter 29 - Love Song
Chapter 30 - A New Friend
Chapter 31 - Warnings
Chapter 32 - The Lunch Table
Chapter 33 - The Main Table
Chapter 34 - Helping Hand
Chapter 35 - A Long Day
Chapter 36 - Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 37 - Blood & Bruises
Chapter 38 - Something Wrong
Chapter 39 - Easy Deal
Chapter 40 - Close Proximity
Chapter 41: Maroon Envelope
Chapter 42 - Reality Check
Chapter 43 - Answers for Answers
Chapter 44 - The Choi Brothers
Chapter 45 - Royals
Chapter 46 - You're Coming With Me
Chapter 47 - Not what I was expecting
Chapter 48 - Too Loud
Chapter 49 - Promise? Promise
Chapter 50 - Rock, Paper, Scissors
Chapter 51 - Puppy Dog Eyes
Chapter 52 - Reminder
Chapter 53 - Happy To See Him
Chapter 54 - Run
Chapter 55 - End of the Hill
Chapter 56 - Real Conversation
Chapter 57 - Friends
Chapter 58 - Where I Belong
Chapter 59 - A Much Needed Hug
Chapter 60 - Date Me
Chapter 61 - Potential Date Material
Chapter 62 - Have Fun On Your Date
Chapter 63 - Pity Date
Chapter 64 - Team Yuri-San
Chapter 65 - After School Plan
#1 Ranking
Chapter 66 - Coin Karaoke
Chapter 67 - Breathe
Chapter 68 - Fall
Chapter 69 - Results are Out
Chapter 70 - On The Same Page
Chapter 71 - At My Worst
Chapter 72 - Hi? Hi
Chapter 73 - Flutters
Chapter 74 - Armour/ Burden
Chapter 75 - Long Forgotten Rocky Road
Chapter 76 - The New Part - Timer
Chapter 77 - Lies and Pies
Chapter 78 - Two Brothers
Chapter 79 - The Choi House
Chapter 80 - Not An Insider
Chapter 81 - Rainy Day Fund
Chapter 82 - Sour Aftertaste
Chapter 83 - Sunset Skies
Chapter 84 - Dinner Table Conversation
Chapter 85 - Villain

Chapter 4 - Ring Ring Ring

269 13 3
By jiminedin

The girl slapped him. Should I call someone? The police maybe?

This matter was definitely not getting solved soon.

I lean against the wall and slip down, crouching to give my leg some much-needed rest.

I am guessing it will take some time till this gets resolved.

I am too hungry and too tired to deal with this but I have to put the garbage in the bin before I finally lock up.

But I also don't want to eavesdrop on this bickering. It seems like I am invading their privacy. I don't mean to, but to an outsider, that's exactly what I am doing.

Well, I am not here by choice.

I need to do my work and as soon as they go away, I'll just drop the garbage where it should be and be on my way.

"You are so pathetic. I waited for you the entire summer. Even when you didn't text me or call me every day, I still accepted it. I didn't want to be clingy. I wanted to give you your space. And this is what I get in return?" the girl yells at the top of her lungs.

Her tone is changing. A moment ago, she was pleading, and now she is angry.

I don't know what went on between them but I just wish, they could take their conversation elsewhere, somewhere more private.

Well, I guess they assumed that the alley would be a private place, given how late it was but still.

"When I wasn't answering your calls or text, shouldn't you have gotten the hint already?" the man asks calmly and I hear dull thuds. Most probably the girl hitting the guy's chest or arm.

I feel the tone change in the guy's voice as well.

These are his first word after the slap. I understand he is angry but I hope he doesn't do anything irrational. I really do not want to get involved in their mess.

Even as I say I don't want any involvement, I am getting more and more curious with each sentence exchanged.

It is as if I am listening to a k-drama radio show.

I want to put faces to the voices for a better experience but I stop myself. There is absolutely no need for me to do that.

I am just here because I need to take out the trash. I don't need to see who those people are.

Absolutely not.

Even as I repeat those words in my head, my body starts crawling on the pavement, careful not to even let my shadow be seen as I move to the corner of the wall to just peek my head out.

I know I am giving major creep vibes but I am curious.

The girl has her back to me so I can't tell who she is or what she looks like but I see the guy.

The streetlight is in the perfect position to shed just enough light at an angle that the entire face of the guy is visible to me.

I almost let out a gasp.

It is that guy.

The handsome guy.

His pink hair is shining under the street light and it has come undone from the ponytail he had. Now it frames his heart-shaped face. His eyebrows are knit together and his lips are stretched in a thin line.

Anyone can tell he is annoyed.

"Yah Choi Yeonjun! How can you do this to me? We were supposed to be engaged when you came back. What will I tell my friends? What will I tell my family?" the girl breaks down in sobs. So that's what the name of the guy is.

I suppose, the girl is the rude customer I entertained before. This guy left with her. So he is her boyfriend.

Was her boyfriend.

"Are you mad? What made you think I would marry you? And engagement? Have you finally lost all your marbles?" the guy yells at her and she sobs harder.

I see the cups perched up on one of the large garbage bins. The guy kicks the bins again and the cup slides a little, now on the edge, about to topple any moment.

Ugh.

When will they leave? I need to get back home.

I texted my mother to let her know that I will be late but I am hungry. And it is only a matter of time before she contacted me asking why am I taking so long?

I want to go home.

Why did they decide to have this fight here?

Couldn't they go somewhere else?

This day seems to be unending.

Even with the crouching, my knees are on the verge of giving out. I have been on my feet the entire day.

Can't god take a little pity on me and make them sort out their differences quickly or at least make them leave quickly.

Please, God.

Please.

"You're a pathetic bastard! You knew what I meant. There was supposed to be a merger. You and I were supposed to be engaged. Why are you breaking it off all so suddenly? Does your family know you are breaking up with me?" she screams again.

"Why do I need to tell anyone who I am seeing or who I am breaking up with?" the guy leans against one of the trash cans and runs his hand through his hair.

He lets out a frustrated sigh and looks up at the street light.

"You know this will cost you. This will cost you, I am warning you," she screams and Yeonjun, as I have come to know the guy's name, flinches away from her voice with a disgusted expression on his face.

"Stop screaming. You're gonna tear my ear drum. Crazy bitch" he mutters the last word but I still hear it.

I am sure the girl heard it too because she grabs him by the shoulder and slaps him across his face. His long hair flies and covers his face but he shrugs it off and just looks up at her and stretches his jaw.

Something in his gaze changes.

I feel it more than see it.

I cannot see the girl's expression but I am sure she feels it too because knowingly or unknowingly she takes a step back.

A smile creeps up on the guy's face.

It sends chills through me.

"This is the final time I'm letting you use your hands on me" he warns in a cold tone and I feel a shiver run down my spine.

"Why are you doing this now? It is the final year. School is about to start on Monday. I will be a laughing stock. Everyone knew that we would get engaged once you got back from America. Why are you doing this?" she breaks down and her sobs echo through the alley.

There is silence for a while and the only voice that sounds is the girl's sobs.

It is painful to hear and if the situation was different, I would have gone up to her and comforted her.

But I know it is not my place.

They are from a much different world than mine.

I cannot step into their world.

I shouldn't even be watching this exchange or listening to their argument but I am too in it to back up now. I have to wait it out till they leave so that I can just dump the garbage out and leave for my home.

"I don't care what you tell them. You can make me the bad guy. I honestly don't give two shits. I just want out" he finalizes and the girl sobs.

"We can talk it out. I don't have to call it quits" she pleads again.

"I found someone hotter in California, with big breasts and a real killer figure. I plan on spending some time with her before I decide to settle. And I know for a fact that that girl is not going to be as whiny as you" the guy smirks and looks at her with a cruel smile.

I feel bad for the girl.

The girl grabs the milkshake that was till now forgotten in the garbage bin and throws the content with force at the guy's face.

I cover my mouth form not to let out the gasp that leaves my mouth.

This is such a k-drama shit.

The guy just stands there with his fists balled and light pink liquid dripping from his hair and face, covering his jacket and shirt.

"I hate you, Choi Yeonjun" I watch as the girl sprints away, her sobs fading slowly, the farther she gets away from the alley.

Just as the guy is about to turn to leave as well, a loud ring echoes through the alley. He turns back in my direction.

Shit.

My phone is ringing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.6K 32
"The difference between you and me is that you belong in the light and I, Backstage." :: Going Seventeen has gone a step further to create the ultima...
143K 4.2K 40
"A day without your smile made me feel lost. I was desperate to see you, even for a minute" he continued, not even once looking at me. "When you're s...
118K 7K 39
She is the Princess of the Kingdom called Magna He is just the farmboy that supply the kitchen with his crops in the Kingdom of Magna But somehow The...
32.9K 1K 41
Lee Seo-ah, a 22-year-old with a bright outgoing attitude, works at her mom's cafe during the day and runs a TXT fan account at night. [@Soobinny on...