Coming home (book 2)

By Justagirl1723

If you haven't read the first book I'd recommend reading It first or you'll be confused! The book is called C... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 10

921 27 0
By Justagirl1723

*Skipping a few months*

It's been a couple months since my surgery and the trial. I've been going to physical therapy for my arm and It seems to be doing a bit better then It was before. It's still painful at times but not nearly as painful as It was before.

I'm hoping to be cleared to play soccer again. We had two games against Japan at the beginning of next month. Training would be in about two weeks. Jill said I can have a spot if I'm clear to go. Mal also got called up. Either way I would end up going,  my role would just be down different depending on the outcome. I'd either be a supportive girlfriend or a supportive teammate.

I was excited to see the girls again too. I missed seeing them every month like I normally would. Mal was at practice, they had one last game before playoffs so she couldn't skip it.

I told her I decided to stay home and work on some physical therapy exercises that my doctor recommended me doing everyday to build more strength. Which isn't a total lie since I did It this morning while she was getting ready for the day.

I grab my keys off the counter and and head to my car. I pull out of the apartment complex and drive to the mall. Thankfully It wasn't to far away. I planned on going ring shopping.

Tobin Christen and Mal went to the mall soon after we got back. I was center of attention for the first couple weeks after the trial, since everyone had access to It and knew everything. So I decided to stay home and lay low.

Chris and Tobin wanted to look at rings and Mal ended up pointing out some rings that she liked. Thankfully Christen remembered which ones and sent me pictures after her and Tobin went into a different store and Chris faked having to go to the bathroom.

I park in a parking spot and head inside the mall. The store was the first store on the right from this entrance. I head over and start looking at the rings.

"Hi there, are you looking for something specific?" Asks one of the workers coming over to me.

"I am, I want to propose to my girlfriend. I actually have some photos of ones she liked when she was with some friends, I was hoping if you could help me decide on one." I say

"That's super exciting! Congratulations on moving to the next step in your relationship. Do you have the photos?" She asks

"Yes I do." I say pulling my phone out and showing her each of the different photos.

The girl was awesome, she was super patient and helpful, she even got those exact rings from the photos so I could see all of them right next to each other.

*you get to pick the ring you want to use to propose, or pick your own ring haha whichever you prefer!*

"Is the 3rd one in stock?" I ask

"Let me check." She says looking  at her computer

"In that ring size It doesn't look like It is at this store. How soon do you need It?" She asks

"I'll be going out of town the beginning of the month and I'm wanting to do It then if possible." I say

"If you want I can check and see if the location you're going to has It in stock. If not I can have It custom made and It should be done while you are there. 2-3 weeks It should be definitely be ready by then." She says

"If it's not to much of a hassle that would be great. You've been so helpful thank you so much." I say

"Of course! Let me go in the back and make that call. I'll have them hold It for you. Can I get your first and last name as well as a good phone number they can call to let you know it's ready?" She asks

"Im actually gonna give you my sisters, my girlfriend has access to my phone and I'd hate to ruin the surprise in case she answers." I say

"Yeah of course! That's perfectly fine." She says

"My name is y/n Press and phone number is (800)000-000." I say

"Alright y/n it's nice to meet you. I'll be back in a few minutes. She says heading towards the back of the store.

I sent photos of the rings to Chris and Tobin and delete the photos so Mal doesn't end up seeing the photos if she's ever on my phone. I also let Chris know that I gave them her number so Mal doesn't find out.

"Hey y/n I was able to order that ring for you. I spoke with the guy who will be making that ring and he said It will be done while you are there. You won't have to pay for It today if you don't want too. If you would rather wait to see It in person before then that totally works. It will be on hold under your name but with your sisters phone number so just remember that because they will probably ask you for both." She says

"Sounds perfect, thank you so much for your help today." I say

"It was my pleasure! Good luck with the engagement! Have a great rest of your day." She says

"Thanks you too." I say

I check the time and realize Mal should almost be on her way home from practice. I knew It just ended so I sent her a quick text.

Me: Hey Love, I hope practice went well. Chipotle for dinner?

Baby🥰: Hey Baby! It was good! Chipotle sounds good! Want me to pick It up?

Me: I'm glad to hear It! Sure if you wanna pick It up on your way home you can. If not I can go pick It up.

Baby🥰:  Yeah I'll pick It up! You want what you usually get?

Me: Yes please thank you! Be safe I love you❤️

Baby🥰: Always! I love you too ❤️ see you when I get home.

I set my phone down and pull out of the parking spot and head home. I head inside and take my jacket off  and put my keys back where they were on the counter. Mal comes home about 25 minutes later. We end the night with Chipotle and Grey's Anatomy.

__________________________________

I am so sorry for the lack up updates the last  few months! Works been crazy busy and stressful with the holidays! Hoping things chill out a bit now that they are over to be able to update more often again. I have a day off tomorrow so I'm going to try and update at least one chapter of each of my books tomorrow if I have time!

Thank you all so much for reading! I know I'm super late but I hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving, Christmas and  New Years!
Have a great night/ day!

Also can we talk about how cute this photo is!!  Photo is not mine but I had to share in case anyone missed It and ships them! 🥰😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.7K 25
I let out another silent whimper as I curled up tighter into myself. When will he stop this time? I already gave up wishing that he would finally kil...
2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
122 0 15
Laid upon the pages of this book is a story. This is an autobiography. I struggled with writing this and, as you will soon understand, though I knew...
1.4K 62 18
THIS BOOK WILL NOT MAKE SENSE UNLESS YOU READ MY FIRST ONE!!! And for y'all who already have~ welcome back 😈. Prepare y'all's tissues because it's...