Chapter 6

Mals pov

It's been a few days since y/n's appointment, the doctor ended up needing to prescribe y/n with some medication to help her sleep. So she's finally able to actually sleep without being in pain.

I wake up to the sound of y/n's phone. Y/n was still sound asleep because of the medication. I grab her phone and see it's from her doctor. I answer It, It was 4am.

"Hey Marin, it's Mallory is everything okay?" I ask

"Hey Mallory, sorry for the early call. My 8 am surgery was cancelled because the patient was running a fever so I have an opening! Do you know if y/n has eaten anything in the last 12 hours?" She asks

I don't think so, she's been trying to make sure she doesn't eat anything after dinner, we had dinner around 6. So just under 12 hours. I say

"Well It will be more then that by the time we take her into surgery so that should be okay! Surgery will be at 8, if you two could be here by 6:00-6:30 that would be great, we just need time to get her set up and some last minute tests." She says

"We will be there, thank you so much." I say

"Of course, I'll see you guys in a few hours." She says

"Sounds good bye" I say

"Bye" says the doctor as she hangs up. I shake y/n awake as gently as I can.

"Baby, the doctor just called." I say softly and she just cuddles back into me and wrapped her arms around me tighter.

"Surgery today?" She mumbles still half asleep

"Yeah at 8, we need to be there between 6:00-6:30 for last minute tests and to get you ready to go. It's 4:15 right now so we have about an hour before we should get up and get ready." I say and she nods her head before falling back asleep.

I was to nervous to fall back asleep so I just held y/n close and ran my fingers through her hair. I'm hopeful that this surgery will help, but It means she'll be out of soccer again for at least a few months but I'm sure she would rather be out of soccer then in constant pain.

I texted her siblings and parents about her surgery today, Tobin and Christen are actually flying out today to visit. They have known about the surgery but none of us knew when It would be. So the help will be nice once we're home. We we're supposed to pick them up at the airport but now I'm either going to have to leave the hospital while she's in surgery or they will have to Uber to the hospital.

"Baby time to get up." I say softly and she stairs awake. We both get to and start getting ready. Y/n gets in the shower really quick and I head to the kitchen to make myself a protein drink, I also pack a bag with some water, Gatorade and some snacks for the hospital.

Once y/n is ready we head to the car and I drive us to the hospital, we get checked in and y/n gets changed into the hospital gown and all last minute tests. They just started her iv that's supposed to start to make her loopy and tired and It was working fast. The doctor and nurse leave so I can say bye.

"I'll see you when your out okay? I love you. " I say

"Okay I love you too babe, see you soon." She says

I kiss her one last time before the doctors come back to take her. Marin stayed behind for a minute.

"She's in great hands, surgery is expected to take 3-4 hours, could be longer depending on how much work needs to be done once I see what's going on. I will have one of my nurses come and give you hourly updates. The waiting room is on the second floor, if you need to leave at anytime I can have her call you as well." She says