Falling, Peter Parker

By thiams_heart

"I believe you." Olivia Stark the daughter of Tony Stark finally gets trusted into helping her father out, bu... More

FALLING
ACT ONE: BETRAYED
Guilt
Signing over
Government property
Recruiting
Teamwork
Truth be told
Saved
ACT TWO: STARTING FRESH
Trouble
Doubts
Danger
Technology sucks
Spidey spirit
Apologies
Homecoming
ACT THREE: LOVERS ACT
American Wizards
Space & Scotland
Stowaways
Titan
Stupidity
Take it
Cursed
Ashes
ACT FOUR: MORE TIME
Revenge
Starting over
Back in business
Back to the past
Double
Reminiscing
Success
Returned
Gone, Gone, Gone
ACT FIVE: FRIENDS
Failed plan
Jealousy
Chaos magic
Disaster follows us
Dont play with fire
She knows
Can't tell what's real and what's fake
Welcome to the Netherlands
Final play
Bonding
ACT SIX: IM LOSING IT
Exposed
Acceptance
Multiverse
Trapped
Befriending the enemy
Triple
Cures
Lady liberty
Demons
Variants
Forgotten
ACT SEVEN: BETWEEN UNIVERSES
Back in the game
The real enemy
Memory Lane
Old friends, New tricks
The other Avengers
Not just a little witch
The girl you were then

Selfish

519 17 0
By thiams_heart

At the hotel, Ned waits in his room. Someone knocks on the door, "Ned, Peter, we're gonna be late. Come on, let's go."

"Okay, hold on, hold on" Ned grabs the energy core and walks out.

As the door locks Olivia swings in from the window, "fucking hell" she quickly grabs her sweatshirt and jeans that were on the floor and pulls them over the suit before hurrying out of the room.

She sprints down the staircase but when she gets outside the bus is all ready halfway down the street, "shit" she shoots a beam up to the roof and lifts to the roof and sprints across jumping from building to building.

Peter is still trying to override the lock. He yawns, then presses some buttons.

"Initiating trial 247."

The massive warehouse doors groan as they open, "It worked! It works!"

Peter swings out on his webs through the opening doors. Peter crawls on the ceiling outside, then drops on the trailer of a departing truck. He lies down as the truck passes an armed guard.

Olivia drops down in front of decathlon venue and sees Ned just walking in, she dodges all the people, "Please be sure all cell phones are turned off."

Ned hands his phone in to the security, "Thank you."

Olivia waits behind two people before handing her phone over and going inside, "Ned" she calls as she pushes past a crowd of people.

Ned turns around and walks towards her, "wheres Peter?"

"On his way" Olivia pants, "where's the-"

"Ned" Liz calls.

"I gotta go" Ned says as he begins to walk away.

"Ned wait" Olivia begs but he doesn't, "the glowy thing is a bomb" she mutters.

Peter is standing on the back of a trailer truck, "Karen, you have to get me to Decathlon as fast as possible."

"Sure thing. Just tell me where it is."

"Right across the street from the Washington Monument."

Peter holds his phone to his ear, "Hey, it's Ned. Leave a message."

"Ned, call me back! The glowy thing is a bomb!"

At the Decathlon, the students are scribbling. Olivia is outside in the hallway pacing back and forth not wanting to be there if the thing explodes.

"There's a vehicle approaching on your right." Peter grunts, and climbs on top of the cargo.

"We have now entered sudden death."

The students prepare themselves, trying to be calm and placing their hands on their buzzers. Flash takes a deep breath, clearly nervous.

Peter as he leaps on a SUV, with his phone to his ear again.

"The next correct answer wins the championship."

Michelle hits the answer bell with a bored, impassive look, "Midtown Tech?"

"Zero."

"That is correct. Midtown takes the championship!"

Ned hugs Michelle and she smiles. More Midtown students pile in for a group hug.

Olivia sprints over to Ned and pulls him away from the team, "Olivia what do you want?"

"Where's the glowy thing?" Olivia asks, Ned looks down at his blazer pocket, Olivia follows his gaze and sees the core glowing in his pocket, "give it."

"No" Ned objects, "Peter told me to not let you have it."

"It's a bomb" Olivia whisper shouts, "now give it Ned. I know you hate me but I'm trying to save your life!"

"If I give it to you you'll turn into a bomb" Ned argues, "if it was a bomb it would've gone off already."

"Suit yourself" Olivia scoffs, "if that thing goes off and someone dies that's on you Ned."

Olivia walks away from Ned and pulls out her phone to call her father, the phone rings twice but she ends the call before he can answer knowing that if he makes him aware of what is going on it'll became news worthy.

The Midtown High students walk towards the Washington Monument. "We won!"

"You guys, I am so proud of you" Liz smiles.

"Told you we didn't need Peter" flash scoffs.

"Flash, you didn't answer a single question" Ned states.

Michelle is standing alone with a book, "Taking it all in, Michelle?"

"Oh, yeah, I just" Michelle stutters, "I don't really want to celebrate something that was built by slaves."

"Oh, I'm sure the Washington Monument wasn't built by-" Mr. Harrington looks up at the monument. A park ranger wobbles his hand as a confirmation to Michelle's words. Mr. Harrington purses his lips and walks away, "Okay. Enjoy your book."

"Thanks."

Peter swings on top of a bus. Peter and Ned finally reach each other on the phone, "Oh, Ned, you're alive!"

Ned is at the Washington Monument, about to get a security check, "Peter, are you okay?"

"Ned, Ned, where's the glowy thing, the glowy thing?" Peter asks.

"Don't worry, it's safe" Ned tells him, "It's in my backpack."

Ned puts his backpack down on the conveyor belt for an X-ray security scan, "No, Ned, listen! No, no, Ned, the glowy thing is dangerous."

"You missed the Decathlon" Ned reminds him, "I covered for you."

"Ned, listen to me!" Peter yells.

"We're at the Washington Monument now" Ned states, "You gotta-"

Liz takes the phone from Ned, "Peter, is that you?"

"Oh, hey, Liz" Peter sighs.

"Is that Liz?" Karen asks.

Peter jumps from the bus, tumbles on his back, and starts running, "Please put Ned back on the phone."

"You should tell her how you feel" Karen tells him, Peter tries to put a word in but Liz ignores him and talks on, "You are so lucky we won. You know, I want to be mad, but I'm more worried. Like, what is going on with you?"

Now at the Lincoln Memorial, Peter is running towards the Washington Monument, "Liz, I have to talk to Ned. It's really important!"

"Miss, all items on the belt, please" security tells her.

"Liz, there's something in Ned's backpack!" Peter yells, "It's really dangerous. Don't let it go through an X-ray" Not hanging up, Liz puts Ned's phone through the X-ray machine along with Ned's backpack. Ned walks through the scanner, oblivious, and moves to collect his backpack. The X-ray scanner screen buzzes, "Liz? Liz! Damn it."

Peter keeps running, he dials Olivia, within a few rings she answers, "where are you?"

"At the hotel" Olivia tells him, "Ned wouldn't give me to rock so now I'm leaving."

"Why wouldn't he give it to you?" Peter asks as he gets closer to the monument.

"Because he thinks I'll absorb all the power" Olivia tells him as she shoves some clothes into her backpack, "so I told him if someone dies that's on him. You should be grateful that I haven't told my dad what's going on here."

"Olivia get your ass to the monument" Peter yells, "please."

"No" Olivia objects, "I'm going back home."

"Stop being a selfish bitch" Peter shouts, "you know if someone does die you'll blame yourself so come and help me" Peter then hangs up the phone leaving Olivia stood in her hotel room with her backpack over her shoulder about to walk out the door.

The students enter an elevator, "Hey, Mr. Harrington, can I be the one to tell Peter he's expelled?" Flash asks.

Outside the Washington Monument, Peter webs his backpack to a tree.

The elevator is steadily climbing upwards. The core in Ned's backpack begins to glow, "The Washington Monument is 555 feet, 5 and 1/8 inches tall" the tour guide states, "Notice how the marble and granite are cut around the stone."

The energy core erupts with light, breaking glass, and the tip of the monument cracks. Peter arrives at the base of the monument.

"Did you hear that?" A tourist asks.

"No, no, no, no, no, no" Peter panics, "Karen, what's going on up there?"

"The Chitauri core has detonated and caused severe structural damage to the elevator" Karen tells him.

The spider suit provides Peter a view inside the monument, and it is shown that several people are gathered inside the elevator, "Oh, no."

"My friends are up there!" Michelle states.

"What?" Peter says, "Don't worry, ma'am. Everything's gonna be okay. Excuse me, excuse me. Oh, my god, that's tall." Peter runs through the crowd, leaps onto the side of the monument, and crawls up.

On the elevator, Ned drops his backpack. The small space is filled with smoke.

"Oh, my god. Look at the ceiling"A glowing, red crack cuts across the elevator ceiling.

"Just stay calm, everyone" Liz says.

"Oh, we are all going to die here" Abraham panics.

Michelle peers up at Peter. He's climbing on the monument, and has gotten so high that he's merely a dot seen from below, "Estimating 10 minutes before catastrophic failure."

"We're freakin' screwed" one of the students exclaims.

"Okay guys, I know that was scary, but our safety systems are working" the tour guide tells them.

Peter is now panting, "The safety systems are completely failing."

The tour guide drones on in order to calm the students, "We're very safe in here."

"The occupants are in imminent mortal danger" Karen tells Peter.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" Peter pulls himself up with double strands of web.

Park rangers open the doors to the elevator shaft. The tour guide opens a hatch in the ceiling of the car, and looks out, a girl is pulled out of the elevator, "Let's go. Give me your hand."

"You now have 125 seconds until catastrophic failure" Karen states.

Peter's hands slip a little, "What? Why?"

"Unexpected motion has caused the deterioration to escalate" Karen says.

The spider suit shows the elevator. The park rangers rescuing the students are making the elevator move, "How do I get in there?"

"Activating reconnaissance drone" The emblem on Peter's suit detaches, and the spider-shaped robot flies up, over the monument.

"Whoa, has that been there the whole time?" Peter asks, "That's awesome."

"Locating optimal entry point" The small drone finds a window, "Proceed to southwest window."

"Karen, I'm on my way" Peter moves around the monument, and continues climbing. Down below, people have started to gather to see what's happening.

Peter reaches the top of the monument. Pausing, he turns onto his back and clings to the cracked stone. Cautiously, Peter peers over the edge to the ground far below, "Okay. Oh, my god. Okay."

He then takes panicky breaths and sticks to the wall, "What's wrong? You've reached the southwest window. Why are you hesitating?"

"It's fine" peter pants, "It's just, I've just never been this high before."

Peter tries to shoo away the seagulls perched on the windowsill. Karen's voice is calm and kind as she informs Peter, "You have also not reinstalled your parachute, so a fall from this height would most likely be lethal."

Peter moves on top of the windowsill and the seagulls fly away, "Perfect. Oh, my god" Peter kicks the window, "Why is it not breaking?"

"It's a four-inch ballistic glass" Karen states, "You'll have to create more momentum."

Peter shoots a web against the monument wall and rappels down the strand until his feet lie flat against the glass. Jumping, he swings against the window. The glass cracks slightly.

Police helicopters approach, guns ready. Speakers boom as a police officer speaks out, "This is D.C. Metro police. Identify yourself."

"My friends are in there!" Peter yells, "My friends are in there! Stop!"

"Return to the ground immediately."

"Okay, who's next?" Liz grabs Mr. Harrington's shoulder, preparing to climb up.

"Me, it's my turn!" Flash shoves Liz to get out first, and doesn't give up the trophy.

"Flash, seriously?" Ned sighs, "What are you doing"

"Come on" flash says.

"Don't worry about the trophy."

Flash climbs through the hatch in the ceiling of the elevator, and the elevator shakes.

Through the yet unbroken window, Peter is watching the students panic. Peter stands against the window as police helicopters hover around him. An officer is aiming his gun in Peter's direction.

"Stand down! Return to the ground immediately!"

Peter is panting heavily, but he climbs to the top of the monument.

"Return to the ground or we will open fire!"

The police officer follows Peter with the aim of his gun, but Peter disappears from his view to the other side of the monument.

"Go up, go up!" The officer orders the pilot.

"I got this" peter mutters to himself.

"Take my trophy!" Flash demands, The cart shakes again under Flash's feet.

"This is your last chance!"

"Oh, I'm gonna die" Peter jumps toward the closest helicopter and extends his web-wings, gliding over the menacing helicopter blades. He shoots a web at the skid, and swings toward the window, "Break!"

The window shatters into pieces as Peter swings in, and the roof of the elevator is ripped off. The elevator starts to fall. Peter slides in toward the elevator shaft.

Peter shoots a strand of web onto the falling elevator, then braces his feet against the doors to the shaft. Liz, Ned and Mr. Harrington are jostled in the elevator as it is stopped, "I did it! Whoa!"

The doors break loose, and Peter falls after the plummeting elevator. It catches on a beam and Peter falls in through the ceiling on his back. The impact breaks off a wheel and the car starts to drop again. Peter shoots a web through the hole in the ceiling, stopping the elevator's descent.

Hanging upside down with his feet braced against the ceiling of the elevator, Peter grabs on to the strand of web, and tries to make his voice sound different as he helps his friends calm down, "Hey, how you doing? Don't worry about it. I got you."

"Yes! Yes!" Ned swings his fist in joy and relief, making the whole elevator wobble.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, big guy, quit moving around."

"Sorry, sir. So sorry" ned sighs.

With his web attached to the ceiling high above, Peter slowly pulls the elevator up the shaft. They reach an upper floor.

"Mr. Harrington, go. Ned, come on."

"Alright. This is your stop" Peter says.

"Come on, Liz" ned says.

The metal elevator ceiling starts to bend under Peter's feet, "Go, go, go. Everybody out! Move it, people. Move it, move it!"

"Are you sure it's safe?" Liz asks.

Liz reaches out, but before she can hold Mr. Harrington's outstretched hand, the ceiling snaps, "Liz!"

Peter webs Liz as the elevator falls. She dangles by her wrist, "You're okay. You're okay" Peter pulls her up by the web, then takes her hand, "Okay."

His web starts to snap as he helps Liz to safety, "Come on up. Come on, you guys, stay back" mr Harrington says, "Come on in. Come on in."

"Is everyone okay?" Peter asks. Liz nods.

"This is your chance, Peter" Karen tells him, "Kiss her."

Liz and Peter hold a look. The web snaps, and Peter drops. The students, the teacher, and the park rangers look down the elevator shaft going after Peter as he falls, "Thank you!"

Flash peers down the shaft, "Are you really friends with Peter Parker?"

Olivia pushes past all of the people and shoots a beam which wraps itself around peters ankle and holds him in the elevator shaft, "a little late aren't you?" Peter shouts up to the unmasked girl.

"That's what I do best" Olivia yells back with a smirk on her face.

At night, the students' families meet them by the school bus, "Peter?" Aunt May runs to Peter and embraces him.

Olivia looks around at all the families and smiles, she pulls her bag over her shoulder and starts to walk back to her apartment.

When she's a block away from her apartment a car pulls up beside her, the window rolls down and happy is sat there, "how was dc?" He chuckles.

"Don't even get me started" Olivia smiles as she gets into the car.

"Where were you when all that happened?" Happy asks her as he drives to her apartment, "it was only the kid on tv."

"I wasn't there" Olivia shrugs, she looks down at her feet, "I was being selfish and if Peter wasn't there they all would've died."

"Did you go?" Happy questions, "you're dad will be pissed if you weren't around."

"I did end up going" Olivia tells him, "Peter called me and called me selfish which made me realise that was exactly what I was doing, I was being selfish."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.9K 2.6K 41
(Y/n) Lang always thought she was born for something more. Having divorced parents (one of them being a criminal), a sister, and a scholarship to mai...
130K 2.9K 15
Y/N Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark, and best friend of Peter Parker. What happens when she finds out that her best friend is Spiderman? Warning:...
14.6K 529 22
Tony Stark was known for being a billionaire playboy. What happens when one of his flings happen to be one of his best friends. Saphira Maria Stark...
274K 5.9K 25
in which the daughter of tony stark meets a boy in red spandex peter parker x oc captain america: civil war, spiderman: homecoming, thor: ragnarok p...