Falling, Peter Parker

By thiams_heart

"I believe you." Olivia Stark the daughter of Tony Stark finally gets trusted into helping her father out, bu... More

FALLING
ACT ONE: BETRAYED
Guilt
Signing over
Government property
Recruiting
Teamwork
Truth be told
Saved
ACT TWO: STARTING FRESH
Trouble
Doubts
Danger
Selfish
Spidey spirit
Apologies
Homecoming
ACT THREE: LOVERS ACT
American Wizards
Space & Scotland
Stowaways
Titan
Stupidity
Take it
Cursed
Ashes
ACT FOUR: MORE TIME
Revenge
Starting over
Back in business
Back to the past
Double
Reminiscing
Success
Returned
Gone, Gone, Gone
ACT FIVE: FRIENDS
Failed plan
Jealousy
Chaos magic
Disaster follows us
Dont play with fire
She knows
Can't tell what's real and what's fake
Welcome to the Netherlands
Final play
Bonding
ACT SIX: IM LOSING IT
Exposed
Acceptance
Multiverse
Trapped
Befriending the enemy
Triple
Cures
Lady liberty
Demons
Variants
Forgotten
ACT SEVEN: BETWEEN UNIVERSES
Back in the game
The real enemy
Memory Lane
Old friends, New tricks
The other Avengers
Not just a little witch
The girl you were then

Technology sucks

523 19 1
By thiams_heart

Peter, wearing the suit without the mask, zips up his sweat shirt to hide it and puts on his hood. He peeks out the door and looks around. The corridors are quiet and empty. "Yeah, the glowy thing, it's evidence. Keep it safe" Ned picks up the glowing core, "All right?"

"Okay, okay" Ned sighs.

Peter activates the tracker, "They're moving."

Peter hurriedly walks out of the room, "Be careful."

As Peter tries to walk down the hall unnoticed, Liz approaches in a bathing suit, "Hey, Liz."

"Perfect timing" Liz smiles, "We're gonna go swimming. Come on, come on, come on" She waves the other students forward.

"What?" Peter questions. The teenagers sneak by, laughing quietly, "I was, I was gonna go study, in the business center."

"Peter, you don't need to study" Liz tells him, "You're, like, the smartest guy I've ever met" Peter looks at Liz, bewitched, "And besides, a rebellious group activity the day before competition is good for morale. Well, I read that in a TED Talk, so, I heard it in a TED Talk. And I read a coaching book" Liz smiles and nods.

"Wow, you really" Peter sighs, "This is really important to you."

"Yeah. It's our future" Liz shrugs, "I'm not gonna screw it up. Besides, we raided the minibar and these candy bars were, like, eleven dollars. So get your trunks on and come on" Liz throws a candy bar at Peter in a smooth arc.

"Come on Liz."

"I'm coming, I'm coming" Liz catches up with the others.

Olivia walks out of her hotel room, "Olivia" Liz calls, "get your costume on and get your ass down here."

Olivia rolls her eyes and goes back into her room where five minutes later she jumps in the pool.

At an indoor swimming pool, the Decathlon teammates swim. Liz sits on a wall between the pool and a spa.

Wearing his suit without the mask, Peter watches Liz through a window on the roof. Liz playfully chats with her teammates.

Olivia sneaks up behind her and pushes her into the pool, and jumps in behind her. Peter sighs.

Peter can't help but wonder if the girl has ever had a moment like this. A moment where she can just be a normal teenager.

Stepping back from the window, Peter tightens the straps on his backpack. Peter puts on the mask. A brief glow expands from the spider emblem on his chest, "Good evening, Peter."

"Hello?" Peter panics, "Hello?"

"Congratulations on completing the rigorous Training Wheels Protocol and gaining access to your suit's full capabilities" the suit lady says.

"Thank you" Peter smiles.

"So where would you like to take me tonight?" The suit lady asks.

"I put a tracker on someone" Peter stutters, "He's a bad guy."

"Tracker located" suit lady says, "Plotting course to intercept target."

"Okay, well, as long as I make it back in time for Decathlon, it's fine" Peter shrugs. Peter swings from a web and lands on a truck.

Peter rides on a different truck, raging down the road. "One hundred meters from destination and closing" The truck roars past a patch of grass, "Jump now" Peter leaps off the truck and rolls down a grassy bank. He runs across the bank through the tall grass, approaching an abandoned gas station, "Detecting three individuals."

Peter observes the gas station from behind his back. The station is dark, with a couple of trucks in its driveway, "Why is their secret lair in a gas station? That's so lame" Peter jumps, and climbs on top of the empty gas price sign, "Hey, suit lady, what are they doing?"

"Do you want to hear what they're saying?" Suit lady asks.

"I can hear what they're saying?" Peter smiles, "Uh, yeah."

"Activating Enhanced Reconnaissance Mode" The spider suit display closes in on the van and shows Peter the heat signals emitted from the men inside. There are three people in the van who are quietly speaking.

"I got the gauntlet from the Lagos cleanup. The rest is all my design."

"Whoa, that's so cool" Peter says.

"Can't believe they're still cleaning up that Triskelion mess."

"I love it. They keep making messes, we keep getting rich."

"Target inbound."

"Whoa, they're in the middle of a heist" Peter realises, "I could catch them all red-handed. This is awesome. Okay, I'm gonna get a little closer so I can see what's happening."

"Would you like me to engage Enhanced Combat Mode?" Suit lady asks.

"Enhanced Combat Mode?" Peter repeats, "Yeah."

"Activating Instant Kill" suit last says.

The eyes of Peter's spider suit turn into evil-looking tiny red dots, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I don't want to kill anybody!"

"Deactivating Instant Kill" The eyes switch back to their normal width and color. Peter jumps off the sign and falls on his face on the hard asphalt ground. Peter grunts.

"Did you hear that?"

"What the hell just happened?" Peter asks, "What was that?"

"You jumped off the sign and landed on your face" suit lady tells him.

He fires web pellets from his shooter which land on the gas station sign, "Suit lady, what's wrong with my web-shooters?" Peter runs to hide behind a sign.

"Rapid-fire is the default for Enhanced Combat Mode" suit lady states.

"Why would I need rapid-fire?" Peter questions.

"Would you like to see more options?" Suit lady asks, "You have 576 possible web-shooter combinations."

"Whoa, Mr. Stark really overdid it" Peter says.

"You two wait right here."

"Wait. You're gonna want to turn on the dampers, though, or that thing will shatter your arm."

"All right. Where's the dampers?"

Peter is still looking down at all the options for his webs displayed over his hands, "That one."

"Great choice" suit lady says, "Would you like me to set this as your new default?"

Peter shoots an electrified web at a neon sign, making it blink on and off, "No, no, no."

Peter struggles with his electrified webs. He keeps shooting, and the neon sign keeps flashing.

"Push that in."

"Right here?"

"No, no, the other-"

"This one right here?"

"Yeah, push."

Peter runs behind the gas station, away from the truck, and leaps on some trucks to reach the roof of the building, "What was that?"

"Taser webs" suit lady tells him.

"Taser webs?" Peter repeats, "I don't want taser webs."

"You seem to be very unfamiliar with your web-shooter settings" suit lady states, "Would you like to run a refresher course?"

Peter sits on the roof to get a better look at the men, "No, just. You choose."

"Sure thing" suit lady says.

One of the men peers through binoculars. Three trucks are approaching the gas station, "I have visual."

"Green light, green light."

Peter spots Vulture flying overhead in his wing suit, "Oh, that's him."

Vulture soars over a convoy of transport trucks. The suit's eyes glow green in the dark, "Okay, I got eyes on the convoy. Pulling in behind the caboose."

"Deploy anchors."

Vulture fires cables onto the roof of the last truck. He drops a cube onto the trailer, which separates into four pieces. Arranged in a rectangle, they create a glowing portal through the roof, "Dropping down."

Vulture detaches from his suit and falls through the portal, but the truck driver seems unaware of what's happening.

"No outgoing distress signals. You're all clear."

"Hey. Looks like they got some good stuff here." He rips off the door from a cage full of tech.

Peter climbs on top of the trailer and touches the portal. His fingers go through, "Whoa, cool. It's some kind of matter phase shifter."

Peter crawls down the ceiling as Vulture rises into view. Vulture kneels and zips a duffel bag, "Alright, coming up."

Vulture jumps through the portal and onto the roof of the trailer. Peter shoots a web at Vulture's bag, pulling it away, "Hey, Big Bird! This doesn't belong to you!" Vulture's green eyes glare intimidatingly in Peter's direction, "Oh, god."

Vulture gets into his wing suit and soars toward Peter. Peter jumps over him and fires long, weak webs past Vulture, "Suit lady, what was that?"

"You told me to choose" suit lady reminds him.

Vulture attacks Peter and Peter tries to balance himself on the edge of the trailer, "What? No, just set everything back to normal."

Peter grabs Vulture's duffel bag, and starts to tug, "Activating all systems."

Peter rips the bag out of Vulture's talons. He falls through the portal back into the truck. The portal cube is thrown off position by Peter's movement. He immediately jumps up to get out but slams his head on the now solid roof. Peter loses consciousness.

Olivia knocks on the door to Peter and Neds room, "hey guys you up?"

A few seconds later Ned opens the door, "not the time Olivia. Peters getting changed."

"I'll wait" Olivia shrugs.

"Olivia it's 11pm" Ned sighs.

"And?" Olivia questions, "what are you hiding?" Olivia pushes open the door and sees no Peter, "what is going on?"

"Nothing" Ned lies, he sighs, "Peter has gone after the guy who dropped him in the lake."

"What?" Olivia says, "happy can track him."

Ned walks over to a lamp and lifts it up, "he's tracking this lamp."

"You took the tracker out of the suit?" Olivia scoffs, "that boy is an idiot. Get out your computer."

Ned grabs his laptop, "what are you going to do?"

"Hacking into the suit" Olivia tells him as she opens up the laptop and starts typing.

Code appears on the screen and Ned looks at it confused, "this isn't what me and Peter saw earlier."

"This is Stark industries databases Ned" Olivia states, "I'm tracking peters suit."

"You can't" Ned says, "we took out the tracker."

"No you took out the tracker so happy wouldn't figure it out" Olivia corrects, "me? I can track a part of the suit" Olivia presses a button on the keyboard, "bingo. He's there."

"That's like 50 miles away" Ned states, "you'll never get there and back by morning."

"You really underestimate me don't you Ned" Olivia scoffs, "I'll be back by morning."

Olivia pulls off her jacket revealing her suit, "awesome."

Olivia connects a usb to her suit and all code comes up, "fuck it" she presses unblock on her suit person so called Sarah but blocked when she first had the suit because she annoyed her so much, "See you in a bit Ned" Olivia smiles as she presses her wrist which makes her mask cover her face and climbs out of the window.

"Don't die" Ned calls.

Olivia swings from the hotel to the building beside her, "hello Miss Stark."

"Call Peter" Olivia tells the voice in her suit, "call Peter!"

"Peter Parker cannot be reached" Sarah tells her, "try again later."

"I hate you bug boy" Olivia scoffs.

Peter lies motionless on the floor of the trailer. The truck shakes to a stop, waking Peter up, "Oh, my head."

"You appear to have a mild concussion" Suit lady tells him.

With a headache, Peter stands up with a hand to his head, "Hey, so where am I right now?"

Peter looks around, but cannot figure out where he is, "I'm not sure. The container walls are hindering my sensors."

"Wait a minute. They must have hijacked the truck and taken me to their evil lair" Peter guesses, "Okay, suit lady. We're gonna have to fight our way out of this one" Peter prepares himself to burst through the truck's metal doors, "Three, two, one!"?Peter smashes through the trailer doors, and finds himself in a huge warehouse full of containers. He looks around, on guard, "What is this place? Suit lady, where am I?"

"You're in the most secure facility on the Eastern Seaboard" suit lady tells him, "The Damage Control Deep Storage Vault."

"No. Seriously?" Shocked, Peter puts both hands to his head.

"Try Peter Parker again!" Olivia yells.

"Peter Parker is unavailable" Sarah tells her.

"Fuck you Sarah" Olivia shouts.

"I'm coming call from lord of the superheroes" Sarah tells her.

"Answer" Olivia sighs.

"Olivia" Tony says, "where are you?"

"Why does it matter" Olivia asks as she lands on a truck, "I'm in DC at the decathlon thing to watch your protege."

"No you're not" Tony sighs, "I can tell your in your suit! I can hear you panting."

"You caught me" Olivia tells him, "I was bored and just wanted to, you know, go for a swing. What is wrong with that? Well I'll talk later dad. Bye. End call" the call ends before Tony can say anything else, "where is Peter Parker, Sarah?"

"Peter Parker is currently located in The Damage Control Deep Storage Vault" Sarah tells her.

Olivia stops, "he's not getting out of there, how did he even get in there? What is he doing there? Try Peter Parker again!"

Peter is clinging to the horizontal crack of the massive doors as he tries to wedge them open, "The door will most likely remain closed until morning."

Peter kicks at the bottom of the doors, "Morning?"

"Peter Parker is unavailable."

"Try again!"

Peter is lying on a hammock made out of his webs, "Hey, suit lady, I kind of feel bad calling you suit lady, you know? I think I should probably give you a name like Liz. No, no, no. God, that's, that's weird" With one hand, Peter swings on a rope that is also made out of his webs, and lets go, dropping to the floor and lying down, "What about Karen?"

"You can call me Karen if you would like."

"Peter Parker is unavailable" Olivia mutters as Sarah tells her the same thing for the hundredth time.

"Call him again! Just make it work!"

Peter reads a book hanging upside down. His web is held between his feet and suspending him from the ceiling, "Hey, Karen, what else can this suit do?" Wings expand from under his arms. Peter gasps in surprise, "What?"

"Incoming call from Ned."

"Ned what do you want it's 1am" Olivia sighs.

"And?" Ned questions.

"And you have decathlon in like eight hours" Olivia reminds him.

"How close are you to Peter?" Ned asks.

"I don't know" Olivia shrugs, "just go to bed. End call."

Standing in front of an empty wall, Peter is now wearing his yellow Midtown high school blazer over his suit. The suit is flashing a laser spider man emblem on the wall. Peter is examining the options for his web, "Maybe we should run that refresher course."

"Ricochet web."

"Ricochet web" Peter shoots a ricochet web on the wall and it immediately bounces back. He ducks to dodge the ball-shaped bundle of web. "Whoa! Cool."

"New message from Ned, Olivia where are you? New message from Ned, Olivia answer me! New message from Ned, call me back. New message from Ned, OLIVIA."

"Block Ned till 9am" Olivia demands.

"Blocking Ned until 9am."

The wall is covered with patches of spiderwebs now, "Splitter web." Peter fires two strands of web.

"New message from Liz, where are you?"

"I've gone for a walk" Olivia says as the message sends to Liz, "why the hell are people so bothered with what I'm doing tonight?"

The wall is even messier, "Web grenade."

Peter jumps, and throws a small, metal-like ball of web, "Web grenade!" The web grenade explodes, and the web covers the wall even more.

Olivia lays on the back of a truck watching the stars.

Peter jump ropes with a strand of web.

"Hey Sarah" Olivia says, "how far away are we from Peter Parker?"

"20 miles."

"Call Peter Parker."

"Peter Parker is unavailable."

"I'm gonna kill that insect."

Peter is lying face up on one of the trailers, "Should I tell Liz that I'm Spider-Man?"

"Who is Liz?" Karen asks.

"Who is Liz?" Peter repeats, "She's. She's the best. She's awesome. She, she's just a girl who goes to my school. And, Yeah, I just. I really want to tell her, but it's kind of weird, you know? Hey, I'm Spider-Man."

"What's weird about that?" Karen questions.

"What if she's expecting someone like Tony Stark?" Peter sighs, "I mean, imagine how disappointed she'd be when she sees me."

"Well, if I were her, I wouldn't be disappointed at all" Karen tells him.

"Thanks, Karen" Peter smiles, "It's really nice to have somebody to talk to. Hey, how long we been here anyways?"

"Thirty seven minutes" Karen answers.

"What? Thirty seven minutes?" Peter sighs, Peter sits up, unable to control the frustration, "That's insane. I cannot take this anymore. I gotta. I gotta get out of here" Peter flips off a container and walks into it. He sighs and takes off his blazers and his hoodie, "There's got to be something in here I can use" He opens Vulture's duffel bag, "Okay, let's see" Peter inspects a wheel-shaped metal piece then throws it away, "Nope" He pulls out a Ultron head, "That's awesome" The Ultron head makes a clanging sound as it is discarded on the floor. Peter holds a purple glowing object, "Ah, hey, it's like the glowy thing."

"That glowy thing is an explosive Chitauri energy core" Karen tells him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! You mean, we've been carrying around a bomb?" Peter exclaims.

"It would require radiation to transform it into an explosive state" Karen states.

Peter finds his phone and tries to call Ned but can't get any reception, "No, no, no, no, no."

"Call Peter Parker!"

"Calling Peter Parker."

Olivia sighs and a few seconds later she hears peters voice, "Olivia."

"Peter why are you in a deep storage vault?" Olivia asks, "Why are you going after the bird man? Peter learn how to listen to me, You're going to die!"

"Where are you?" Peter questions.

"Coming to get you" Olivia tells him, "isn't it obvious?"

"No don't" peter objects, "the glowy thing is a bomb. Get back to the hotel. Now."

"Ned can handle the rock" Olivia scoffs.

"Olivia that rock is dangerous" Peter states, "more dangerous than before."

"So it's more dangerous now because you know what it can do?" Olivia guesses, "How are you going to get out?"

"I'll find a way" Peter says, "get back to the hotel and do something with that rock."

Peter uses webs to swing to the warehouse doors. Clinging onto the doors, he starts banging and shouting, hoping someone would hear him, "Hey! Please! Please, somebody, let me out! Hey! Karen, you have to help me override that time lock."

Peter hangs upside down from the ceiling next to the time lock close to the doors. He has opened the lock panel and is now putting in numbers. In his hands are a notepad and a pen, "Okay Karen. Lower the voltage and run it."

"Trial unsuccessful."

"Okay, we're just gonna have to try every sequence" Peter crosses out the wrong sequence on his notepad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1.3K 30
โ—‡ ๐š‚๐šŽ๐š ๐š๐šž๐š›๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ธ๐š›๐š˜๐š—๐š–๐šŠ๐š— ๐Ÿน โ—‡ โ ๐ˆ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ...๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ข ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ...
285K 7.4K 12
"well it's not an actual date, date. but, i mean, it- it could be if, uh, if you want it to be." ...
14.4K 306 40
atelphobia; (n.) the fear of not being good enough. "Why are you here? Don't know if I hadn't already made it clear -- but I don't wanna be around y...
193K 3.7K 67
Grace Stark is the long lost daughter of Tony Stark. Having Tony Stark as a father seems fun but really, he is overprotective and won't let Grace hav...