The Legend of 2 Avatars

By KneeelforLoki

Falling for your bestfriend, never easy. So what about when the two have been best friends their entire lifes... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Reunion
Kyoshi Island
Imprisoned
The Spirit World 1
Spirit World 2
The Water Bending Scroll
The Great Divide
The Storm
The Blue Spirit
The Fortune Teller
Bato of The Water Tribe
The deserted

Jet

175 5 11
By KneeelforLoki

"This is going to take forever." Sokka groaned, throwing his boomerang to cut the traps loose.

We found Momo along with a few more animals in cages.

After observing the traps, I had a pretty good guess who's cages they were.

"These are fire nation traps." Sokka read my mind. "You can tell from the metal work. We'd better pack up camp, and keep moving."

I groaned, kicking the dirt.

It's tiring going from one place to another all the time, then again, Appa's not complaining so why should I.

Once we made it back to camp, we made haste. Quickly packing up our stuff.

It was my turn to drive Appa, so I was tying up the rope to his horns when Sokka interrupted.

"Uh uh! No flying this time."

Dummy say what?

I looked back in exasperation.

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asked as Sokka took the bag out of his hand.

"Think about it. Somehow Zuko and the fire nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticable." Sokka explained.

I jumped off of Appa, landing next to Katara.

"Appa's not noticeable." She reasoned.

"He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head!" He threw his hands in the air.

"That's just your nice way of calling him fat." I turned to said fluffy monster.

"Don't worry Appa, your so cute." I mumbled, hugging his head, as he roared softly.

"Sokka's just jealous because he doesn't have an arrow." Aang spoke to Appa.

"I know you all want to fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe and walk." Sokka sympathized.

"Who made you the boss?" Katara placed her hands on her hips.

That's what I'm asking.

"I'm not the boss, I'm the leader." He pointed to his chest.

I scoffed, "Is there really a difference?"

"Yes, yes there is."

Katara laughed, "Your the leader?" She asked astonished, "Your voice still cracks."

"I'm the oldest and I'm a warrior." His voice cracking in the beginning. "So I'm the leader." He said, voice getting gradually deeper as he went on.

"Aang would be a better leader than you."

"Are you kidding? He's just a goofy kid." Sokka pointed at Aang, who currently hung upside down off of one of Appa's horns.

"He's right." Aang commented, and I smiled, flicking him on his forehead.

"Then Alura." Katara insisted.

"Alura's like 10, what are you talking about?"

I scoffed, "Excuse me, I'm 13. Do I look 10?" I gestured to my body.

"No," he rolled his eyes, "but regardless, she can't be leader."

I didn't like the sound of that.

Apparently neither did Katara as she crossed her arms. "Why? Is it because she's a girl?"

Sokka stammered, "no it's not- I just."

"Ooohhh Sokka's being.." Aang trailed, still hanging upside down on Appa's horn.

"Sexist." Katara filled in for him.

"Sokka's being sexist." Aang finished, shaking his head.

"I am not! Alura would be a perfect leader," Sokka paused, "If I wasn't here. But since I'm here, and older, I'm the boss."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I thought you were the leader?"

"That's what I said." He snapped. "Hurry up people, a leader has to trust his instincts, and mine are telling me we'll do better off on foot."

"Come on you guys," Aang encouraged, as I flinched, placing a hand on my chest.

He suddenly stood by my side, with his bags on his back.

"Maybe walking will be fun."

"How about I fly ahead with my glider, and meet up with you guys later?"

Sokka shook his head, "Absolutely not! We need to stay together, it's how you survive out in the wild."

Behind me I heard a whine from Aang, who was dragging his feet.

"Aang don't do that, you'll mess up your shoes." I instructed.

He groaned, "Walking stinks! How do people go anywhere without a flying bison?"

"I don't know Aang," Katara added, "why don't you ask Sokka's instincts?"

I chuckled, causing Sokka to stir beside me.

"Ha ha, very funny." He replied monotonously.

We walked in silence, every footstep stepping on dry leaves and sticks.

After 10 seconds, Aang whined again.

"I'm tired of carrying this pack."

"You know who you should ask to carry it for a while? Sokka's instincts!" Katara suggested once more.

"Great idea." Aang beamed. "Hey Sokka's instincts, would you mind-"

"Okay, okay I get it." He snapped, throwing his head back.

"I'm tired too but the important thing is we're safe from the fire-"

We walked past some bushes, to be met by a dozen or two of fire nation soldiers.

"Run!" Sokka shouted as we dropped our packs.

Before we could run, they blasted fire at the bushes we came through, some excess catching Sokka's clothes. Which Katara put out with water.

I readied to fight them, holding my staff with my wrapped hand.

It hasn't been hurting, but Sokka said I should wear it for one more day.

Again, I'd prefer a real doctor.

"If you let us pass, we'll promise not to hurt you." Sokka told the soldiers.

"You, promise not to hurt us?" One spoke, then fell to the ground.

"Nice work Sokka! How'd you do that?" I was just as confused as Aang.

"Uh.. instinct?" He replied unsurely.

No, there's definitely movement up in those trees.

I hadn't noticed it before, being too focused on the soldiers.

"Look!" Katara interrupted my thought process, pointing to a tree.

Which stood a teenage boy, with two swords with hooks on the end.

He took out four soldiers, "Down you go."

Who's this guy?

One prominent thing I noticed was the peace of grass he had sticking out his mouth.

Why? Just.. what's the reason?

Soon, many kids came from the trees, attacking the soldiers.

The same boy, taking Sokka's spotlight many times.

I did my fair share by bending a few into the trees.

After taking out the last one, the boy ran up to Katara, standing a whole head above her.

He's probably older than Sokka, so like 16.

We walked up to the strange boy and Katara.

"You just took out a whole army almost single handedly!" Aang gushed over him.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

Army's not the word I'd use.

"Army?!" Sokka tutted. "There were only like, 20 guys."

The boy turned around, facing us.

"My name's Jet, and these are my freedom fighters." The boy, named Jet, said to us.

"Sneers, longshot, smellerbee, the Duke, and pipsqueak."

"He didn't even point!" Sokka whispered to me.

Which is true, the names are pretty generalized, how are we supposed to know who's who?

Aang walked up to a very large boy, and a small one.

Chuckling, he stood in front of the shorter boy.

"Pipsqueak, that's a funny name."

I shook my head, if he were next to me I'd tell him we don't make fun of people's name.

The larger boy bent down, "You think my name is funny?" He asked, looking angry.

I stepped forward but stopped myself.

Aang can handle himself.

"It's hilarious!" Aang piped.

The boy, pipsqueak, stayed quiet for a beat, then laughed.

Soon all three began to laugh and Aang was slapped into the dirt, still laughing.

Soon, after some introductions, we were told that they had a base.

Katara, being Katara, jumped at the idea of visiting her boyfriend's hideout.

Aang, being Aang, wanted to follow Katara but I made sure he stayed by my side, just in case.

Sokka, well, he's still grumpy.

I understand why.

The Jet guy doesn't give off a good vibe, I caught him eyeing me a couple times.

As long as he keeps away, I'm okay.

"We're here." My thoughts were interrupted as Jet spoke.

"Where? There's nothing here." Sokka complained.

"Hold this." He handed Sokka a rope, that caused him to go flying into the air, straight into a tree.

"Sokka!" I called, sparing a hard glance at Jet, then leaping onto the tree.

I'm always watching over this guy.

Jumping from branch to branch, I leaped onto the area Sokka disappeared and my eyes widened.

There were huts, in the trees. Along with well put together bridges and ropes for transportation.

Did they build all of this?

It was impressive, I'm not afraid to admit.

Aang soon followed, he walked up to my side.

"Wow.. Alura look at that!" He pointed to a slanted rope.

Knowing Aang, he'd most likely want to play on it.

"Aang, don't get any ideas, you could get hurt-"

He ignored my warning and started playing with Momo, on the rope.

Jet and Katara came out from a hole, and were walking a bit in front of me.

Only then did I see Sokka, picking sticks and leaves out of his hair.

I jogged up to him. "Thank goodness your okay."

"Yeah, no thanks to jet." He grumbled, as I picked a dry leaf out of his wolftail.

"Let's follow him." He said, stomping forward.

"I dont-"

"WOO HOO!" Aang yelled, sliding down the ropes even faster.

I turned, "Aang, stop! It's dangerous."

Running to the other side of the hut thing, I observed as he sped down another rope.

He was holding onto Momo's feet, while momo glided.

He's going to commit suicide, along with animal cruelty if this goes wrong.

"But it's so fun!" He yelled, making eye contact.

His light, cheerful eyes met with my narrowed, glaring ones.

"Don't make me come and get you." I thudded my staff on the ground.

He stuck out his tongue, zooming away as I gasped.

He did not.

"Aang! So help me, when I get a hold of you I swear I'll-"

So in the end, Aang didn't get hurt.

I didn't chase him either, I ignored him.

Correction. I am ignoring him.

He's tried to come up and talk with me, but I ignored his requests to talk, like he ignored mine.

I'm a very petty person.

We now sat at dinner, sitting at a table filled with different types of food.

I sat in the middle of Aang and Sokka, enjoying how irritated Sokka got over Jet's speech.

"Now, the fire nation thinks they don't have to worry about a couple of kids hiding in trees, maybe their right." He said, as the kids started booing.

He took a dramatic pause, drinking from his cup.

"Or maybe, their dead wrong!" He finished, stomping a foot on the table.

Unsanitary.

Katara and Aang, along with the other kids began to clap enthusiastically.

I clapped once or twice, out of order.

Sokka on the other hand, remained pouting.

Jet jumped next to Katara, lounging back.

"Hi jet, Nice speech." She complimented him, pushing hair behind her ear.

What. A. Sap.

"Thanks." He replied, still chewing on that same peace of grass.

Frankly, I'm a bit concerned.

He leaned forward, looking at all three of us.

"I was really impressed with you guys today, that was some great bending."

Katara blushed, "Well their great, their the Avatars." She said pointing to Aang and I.

"Avatar huh? Very nice." Jet sounds really unenthusiastic when he speaks, I can't tell if he's sincere or not.

He better not be trying to suck up.

"Thanks Jet." Aang gushed.

Not you too.

"So, I've heard some rumors. Guess their true." He took a long sip, somehow not choking on the grass.

Pointing at me, he continued.

"Avatar Alura.. I heard of you."

I rolled a berry in my hand, shrugging, "Nothing new."

He chuckled. "Apparently your the best fighter on the team."

I glanced at him, actually appreciating the compliment.

No, don't fall for the manipulation.

"I mean, I guess- but I wouldn't say the best." I stammered, putting the berry in my mouth.

Is he trying to get to my ego? Because at this point he'll succeed.

"Not to mention a master at the bending arts," he smiled, his eyes observing me carefully. "From what I saw today, I believe it."

He's done it.

"I'm only a master at air bending, I'm really a novice at water." I answered, trying to remain as humble as possible.

He cocked an eyebrow, "Really?" I nodded in reply. "Could've fooled me."

"Your the talk of all the fire nation soldiers we've met. Must be hard to beat." He glanced up from his cup.

What is he doing?

"Oh yeah, Alura is hard to beat. In fact, I think it's close to impossible." Sokka smirked, putting a hand over my shoulder.

I folded my hands in my lap.

He's exaggerating.

"Just so you know not to try anything."

Is he trying to scare Jet into not betraying us? Using me? I'm honored.

It's safe to say this conversation fed my ego well.

Take that, Avatar Aang.

"Sokka!" Katara hissed. "Don't accuse Jet like that."

"No no, Katara it's fine." He placed a hand on her shoulder, her face lit up.

"He's just had a rough day that's all, how about we all get some sleep?"

"No can do, we're leaving right now." Sokka grunted, standing up to walk away.

"Sokka you're kidding me." Jet whined, very out of character. "I needed you on an important mission tomorrow."

Sokka stopped in his tracks, looking over his shoulder.

"What mission?"

Oh he's good.

"You have to believe me Lura, I'm telling you. Jet is bad news." Sokka pleaded, as we sat against a tree house.

I set my head back, eyes up at the sky.

"I don't trust him either Sokka, but you've got no solid proof he's a bad person." I replied, hugging my legs closer to my chest.

Sokka huffed, crossing his arms once more.

The duke came running down the bridge, towards Sokka and I.

He stopped in front of us and handed me a jug.

Crossing my legs, I held it in my hands, observing it.

"What is this?" I asked bewilderedly, confused as to why he'd give me a drink.

"I made it for you." He sniffled, wiping his nose with his sleeve.

It's probably unsanitary.

"Um.. thanks?" I replied as Sokka leant over my shoulder, observing it carefully.

The liquid was reddish, I didn't see anything in it.

"I'm honored but.." I set it down, between my legs, ready to deny it.

He looked down, rubbing his foot against the ground.

"I understand if you don't want it, I just thought you were really pretty so I made it for you. Out of berries I squeezed myself." He set his hands behind his back, still looking down.

Great, now I feel bad.

Sokka laughed rudely, "Someone's got a crush."

I elbowed him, before grabbing the jug once more, smiling sweetly at the Duke.

If it was anyone else, I'd throw it over the edge. But I feel bad because he's so young.

I slowly lowered my lips to the cup, I could practically feel Sokka's wide eyes staring at me.

The duke, looked up hopefully, as I drank.

Hey, it's not half bad.

I drank a mouth full and coughed, "Why is it spicy?"

"I put some spicy pepper for spice, Katara said you like spicy food." He replied.

My question is, why is Katara going around telling random kids my business?

I do like spicy food though, but this isn't food.

"It's good, actually." I smiled. "Just spicy, so it's unnerving."

I drank some more, humming in satisfaction.

"Pshhhhh, let me try." Sokka  mumbled unbelievably.

I quickly held it out of reach.

"NO!" The Duke yelled, causing us to look at him.

"I can go and make some for you." He ran away quickly, running to his hut.

"You see, he's bringing you some." I smirked, drinking more.

A few minutes later after I had already finished the drink, Aang landed beside us laughing.

"Hey you guys! Look what the Duke gave me." He beamed.

Yes I gave up on ignoring him, it's to difficult.

He's just a very playful kid, being around others his age must remind him of back in the temples.

Even I got a swift case of deja Vu when everyone walked to bed.

He held out a small ball, then threw it at Momo, it popped, causing momo to screech and run behind him.

"That's cool, I got a spicy drink." I added.

"Wow. Everyone's getting something besides me." Sokka grumbled.

"Can I have some?" Aang asked, I'm guessing he forgot all about me ignoring him as well.

"I already drank it all." I held the jug upside down, implying it was empty.

He frowned, then jumped as something popped at his feet.

"Hey! Quit it!" He yelled generally, running towards the bridge.

I'm actually glad he's having some fun.

Katara climbed down the steps on the tree.

"Hey Sokka, is Jet back yet?" She asked, holding something behind her back.

"Yeah he's back. But we're leaving."

We probably should leave.

"What?" Aang appeared out of nowhere, now standing next to Katara.

"But I made him this hat."

"What a nice girlfriend.." I mocked, receiving a glare from her.

"Your boyfriend Jet's a thug." Sokka declared, glaring at Katara.

"What?! No he's not." She dropped her arms, cocking an eyebrow.

Wait, he's not her boyfriend, or he's not a thug? It was really unclear.

"He's messed up Katara."

"He's not messed up." Aang added. "He's just got a different way of life, a really fun way of life."

"You too Aang, huh? Well ask Alura then, she'll tell you." He closed his eyes, chin up in the air.

I sighed, annoyed that I have to get involved.

"I don't exactly trust him, he does seem a bit.. iffy." I made that up on the spot, I have no words for not trusting him.

I just.. don't.

"You heard her. And I absolutely trust the Avatar's judgement."

Katara deadpanned. "Iffy? That's the best you could come up with? Where's your proof?"

"He beat and robbed a harmless old man." Sokka retorted.

Katara crossed her arms, "I want to hear Jet's side of the story."

"I knew there was an explanation." Katara said relieved.

Jet had explained to us what happened, and as convincing as he sounded, I've known Sokka longer.

So I'm having a hard time believing it.

Not to mention it's getting hard to pay attention, I'm getting very dizzy, and it's hard to keep my eyes open.

I almost fell off a bridge walking here, fortunately Aang caught me.

"I didn't see any knife." It's true, Sokka spent 30 minutes telling me the story, the word knife was not once uttered.

"That's because he was concealing it." Jet replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"See Sokka? I'm sure you just didn't notice that knife." Katara reasoned, turning to her brother.

"There was no knife. I'm going back to the hut and packing my things." He stomped away.

I lost my balance for a second before standing up straight once more.

"You okay over there?" Jet asked, and I nodded.

"I'm fine." I looked at Katara and Aang, the ladder currently wearing the hat Katara made.

"I'm gonna go and pack my things as well."

Aang stepped forward, "Remember what happened on our way here? You sure you don't want me to come with you?" He asked worriedly.

I smiled, "Don't worry about me Aang, I can handle myself." turning around to walk out of the hut.

It's really sweet though.

I made it across a couple of bridges when I felt my body simply stop.

My eyes got very heavy and I stumbled, dropping my staff.

What's happening?

My eyes widened slightly, which took more energy then I expected.

It was the drink.

I tried to turn, and call for help, but I fell to the ground.

And slipped into the darkness my body's been longing.

3rd POV

Jet stood with his crew, Longshot, Duke, smellerbee, and pipsqueak.

They all observed the fallen Avatar.

Jet nudged her side with his boot, allowing her resting face to come into view.

"She's out." He smirked.

Smellerbee crouched down, pulling open her eye, before shutting it.

"She looks... Dead." She concluded.

Jet chuckled. "I know. Jeez Duke, how much of that stuff did you give her?"

The duke shrugged, quickly looking back in fear of being caught by one of the guests.

"It doesn't matter, it'll do. Should keep her out of the way for a while." Jet thought out loud.

Longshot gave a look to Jet, as he nodded understandingly.

"She'll be fine, we just put her to sleep that's all." He reasoned.

"Besides, she's too intuitive. You can see it in her eyes. She would have seen right through our plan, and from what we heard, stopped the flood with her bare hands. It had to be done."

They all silently reflected, conflicted on what they should do.

"It's too late anyways." Smellerbee shrugged, looking up at the boy still chewing on grass.

"Are we just going to leave her here?" Pipsqueak wondered aloud.

"No." Jet said monotonously. "Put her in her hut, so it looks like she went to sleep."

Pipsqueak nodded along with smellerbee, as they went to lift the air nomad girl.

She was limp in their arms.

"I'm telling ya! She's dead." Smellerbee repeated, her heart skipping a beat.

They all knew if they killed one Avatar they'd have to deal with the other, something they weren't looking forward to.

Jet placed two fingers in her neck, silently checking for her pulse.

"She's fine. She's also warm, it's a tell tale sign." He turned around and pat the Duke on his head. "You did good buddy."

"Just admit you were wrong, and we can go on with our life!"

"We are going on with life, what's the big deal?" Katara semi yelled,throwing her hands in the air.

"What's the big deal? The big deal is your boyfriend poisoned Alura." Sokka corrected not sparing a glance at his sister as he drove Appa.

"He's not my boyfriend!" She growled from the front of the saddle.

"You think you guys could keep it down.." Aang asked quietly, sitting in the back of the saddle.

"Alura's asleep anyways, it'll probably help her wake up." Katara shrugged, glancing at the sleep ridden Avatar.

"You know what Katara? You probably helped him." Sokka glared at her.

"What?!" Katara shrieked.

"You heard me. You've always had a problem with Alura-"

"I have no problem with Alura." She interrupted, folding her arms.

Aang on the other hand ignored as the arguing went on.

He was far too worried about the girl cradled in his arms.

After they stopped Jet's plan, he revealed what he'd done to her, and Aang had immediately ran all the way back.

While they were told it was simply to make her sleep, that didn't stop him from glancing every other second seeing if she awoke.

Or checking her pulse every other minute when he got worried.

He observed his best friend's face as she slept idly, holding onto her torso, keeping her against his.

He refused to let her go.

"You guys." He said coldly, "Please be quiet, for Alura." His tone getting softer as he spoke.

Unbeknownst to him, Alura had began to open her eyes.

She blinked her eyes as she stared at Aang's face in confusion.

He was saying something but it was muffled.

She rolled her head to the left, the siblings coming into view.

Katara made eye contact with the Avatar, her eyes widening. "She's awake!" She laughed.

Aang quickly looked down, placing a hand on her face, softly turning it towards his view.

His eyes met her dazed ones and he smiled in relief.

"How do you feel?" He asked, his hand rested against her cheek.

She attempted to sit up, moving her arm to the back of Aang's neck to help her.

"Oh I should probably.." Aang flushed, moving out of the way so she could sit by herself.

"Welcome back to the land of the living Alura." Sokka teased from the front of Appa.

They all stared at her expectantly, waiting for her to say something.

She watched them, still half asleep.

"Oh," Katara exclaimed. "Before you say anything, your staff's in the back." She gestured to the packs.

Alura nodded absent mindedly, rubbing her tired eyes.

"What happened." She yawned, and all three of them breathed in relief.

"It's a long story." Katara said softly.

"No it's not." Sokka deadpanned. "Jet drugged you with that drink you got from the Duke because he was afraid of you stopping his plan but jokes on him I stopped it."

"It made you sleep for a long time." Aang added.

"How long?"

"A little after half a day." The water tribe girl answered.

Alura blinked in confusion. "Okay wait, what plan?"

"We'll tell you later Alura, for now you should focus on waking up." Aang placed a hand on her shoulder.

Alura, being half asleep, didn't acknowledge the hand on her shoulder in the slightest.

Perhaps she did. Being half asleep however, she didn't mind it too much.

Or maybe it's how her mind was stuck on the way Aang held her face when she first woke.

--------------------------------------------------

Okay, for a quick confirmation:

I've read enough ATLA fics to know that there's always fighting going on about the ages of the characters.

Based on the fact that the show takes over a course of 9 months, it's obvious by the end they all went up one age.

But for now, at this point in my story, here are the ages for the characters.

Aang: 12
Alura: 13
Katara: 14
Sokka: 15
Zuko: 15
Azula: 13

I know Azula hasn't entered the story yet, but I felt the need to address her age so I don't have to clarify later. It is true throughout the length of the show she was in, she was in fact 14 years old. So her and our MC will be the same age throughout this story.

-Author chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...
21.2K 694 12
It was one mistake that led (Y/n), a young girl from the Northern water tribe, down a path of twists and turns. After being somewhere she was told no...
133K 3K 22
Toph knows that she loves Sokka. They have been friends since she decided to teach Aang Earthbending. Now seventeen years old, Toph goes to the North...
4.9K 178 29
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...