Falling, Peter Parker

By thiams_heart

"I believe you." Olivia Stark the daughter of Tony Stark finally gets trusted into helping her father out, bu... More

FALLING
ACT ONE: BETRAYED
Guilt
Signing over
Government property
Recruiting
Teamwork
Truth be told
Saved
ACT TWO: STARTING FRESH
Doubts
Danger
Technology sucks
Selfish
Spidey spirit
Apologies
Homecoming
ACT THREE: LOVERS ACT
American Wizards
Space & Scotland
Stowaways
Titan
Stupidity
Take it
Cursed
Ashes
ACT FOUR: MORE TIME
Revenge
Starting over
Back in business
Back to the past
Double
Reminiscing
Success
Returned
Gone, Gone, Gone
ACT FIVE: FRIENDS
Failed plan
Jealousy
Chaos magic
Disaster follows us
Dont play with fire
She knows
Can't tell what's real and what's fake
Welcome to the Netherlands
Final play
Bonding
ACT SIX: IM LOSING IT
Exposed
Acceptance
Multiverse
Trapped
Befriending the enemy
Triple
Cures
Lady liberty
Demons
Variants
Forgotten
ACT SEVEN: BETWEEN UNIVERSES
Back in the game
The real enemy
Memory Lane
Old friends, New tricks
The other Avengers
Not just a little witch
The girl you were then

Trouble

1.2K 32 1
By thiams_heart

Olivia walks down the stairs with her suitcase being pulled behind her and a duffel bag in her left hand. Her father is stood at the bottom of the staircase with a smile on his face, "you ready to go?"

"I'm ready but I don't want to go" Olivia answers, "do you seriously not trust the kid to not cause trouble?"

"I trust him but I think he's going to get into trouble" Tony corrects, "you're job is to keep him out of trouble."

"So why can't you send someone else" Olivia whines.

"Because no one else can go to high school" Tony tells her, "you'll enjoy it when you get there. Happy is waiting in the car for you. Now go."

"Hate you dad" Olivia smiles as she walks out of the glass doors and over to the car happy is sat in.

Olivia walks into the high school and can already hear the whispers, "that's Tony Starks daughter" "what's she doing here?" "She's an avenger" "I thought she'd go to a private school" "I didn't think avengers needed school" "hasn't she got enough money to not go to school?"

Olivia sighs pulling her backpack over her shoulder and over to her locker, she opens it and places a book in on the top shelf. When she closes it a smiley face is stood there, she jumps a little when she sees the girl, "I'm Liz."

"Olivia" Olivia smiles.

"You're new right?" Liz questions, Olivia nods as Liz starts to walk away gesturing for the girl to follow, "I think I'd be pretty shocked if I found out I've been sharing the halls with a Avenger and never knew about it."

Peter Parker walks the halls over to his locker and takes off his backpack. He enters the combination and opens the locker.

Suddenly, a hand pops up behind him. It's Ned Leeds holding a Palpatine Lego figure over Peter's shoulder "Join me, and together we'll build my new Lego death Star."

Peter glances around and hears a cheerleader say, "So boring."

"No way" Peter whispers, "That's cool. How many pieces?"

"Three thousand eight hundred and three" Ned answers.

"That's insane" Peter exclaims.

"I know" Ned smiles, "You want to build it tonight?"

"No, I can't tonight" Peter replies, "I've got the Stark."

"Mm-hmm. Stark internship" Ned sighs.

"Yeah, exactly" Peter starts to walk down the hallway with his best friend.

"Always got that internship" Ned scoffs.

"Yeah, well, hopefully, soon it'll lead to a real job with them" Peter states.

"That would be so sweet" Ned says.

"Right?" Peter smiles.

"He'd be all, Good job on those spreadsheets, Peter. Here's a couple coins" Ned imitates Tony Stark, Peter gives him a look, "I don't know how jobs work."

"That's exactly how they work" Peter tells him.

"Oh" Ned chuckles, "I'll knock out the basic bones of the Death Star at my place. And, then I'll come by afterwards because for the most part, the difficult thing is the base of it. The top half we can knock out in two hours, tops."

Peter stares down the hallway and sees Liz, the girl he has a huge crush on, walking with a familiar brunette. Peter can't believe what he's seeing, Olivia Stark and Liz Allan.

Peter starts to think about why Olivia is there because she told him "If I went to a normal high school all id hear would be her fathers Tony Stark, she is only looks not smarts, she's a avenger, she'd be nothing if her father was nothing. And besides it would be boring."

"That'd be great" Peter says to Ned after diverting himself away from his thoughts.

The school bell rings, Ned and Peter go their separate ways but from the corners of peters eye he sees the direction Olivia is walking and changes his path to where she is.

As Olivia is about to turn a corner Peter stops in front of her, "what are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too bug boy" Olivia smiles, "how've you been?"

Peter avoids Olivia's question, "what are you doing here?"

"Getting an education" Olivia smiles, "just cause I'm a avenger doesn't mean I'm dumb."

"He sent you to watch me?" Peter realises.

"Yes but to be fair I wanted this too" Olivia tells him, "I wanted to hang around with teenagers all day."

"No you didn't" Peter says.

"No I didn't" Olivia sighs, "he thinks you'll get yourself into trouble."

"So the best case scenario is you being here?" Peter questions.

"Because he trusts me so much" Olivia scoffs, "he thinks I can stop you from causing trouble when in reality I'll probably help you when the time comes around."

"You're going to lie to your father?" Peter chuckles, "he'll kill you."

"He sent me here" Olivia shrugs, "he has it coming."

"Okay, so how do we calculate linear acceleration between points A and F?" The teacher points at Flash, who is confidently holding up his hand, "Flash."

"It's the product of sine of the angle and gravity divided by mass" flash answers with a smug smile.

"Nope" Another hand goes up, but the teacher calls out a student who clearly is having difficulty focusing on the lecture, "Peter. You still with us?"

Peter closes his laptop which he had been watching videos of Spiderman on, "Uh. Uh. Yeah, yeah. Mass cancels out, so it's just gravity times sine."

"Right" the teacher smiles, "See, Flash, being the fastest isn't always the best if you are wrong."

Flash turns around in his seat and is glaring at Peter, "you're dead" he whispers.

"Tomorrow we'll be talking about Danish physicist Ripe Bohn, but trust me, there is nothing Bohn-ing about his discoveries regarding quantity theory" the male teacher says.

As he continues on his introduction on Bohr, Olivia leans over to Peter, "is this ap physics because I'm supposed to be in regular."

"No this is regular" Peter tells her.

"Well i just found out I'm stupid" Olivia mutters.

Peter opens his notes to a page titled Web Fluid Version 3.03. There are molecule diagrams and a list of liquids such as salicylic acid, toluene, and methanol.

Inside an open drawer is a beaker. Peter quickly and surreptitiously pours some blue liquid in it and stirs the concoction. It starts to increase in volume, running over the beaker walls. When Peter lifts the glass stirring rod, the compound sticks to it like spiderweb. Flustered, Peter quickly shuts the drawer.

From the corner of her eye Olivia sees Peter closing the drawer, she rolls her eyes at the boy.

A homecoming banner is hung over the clock on the cafeteria wall by Liz who is standing on a ladder.

Peter and Ned are sitting next to each other and watching her, "Did she get a new top?" Peter questions.

"We've seen that before" Ned answers, "but never with that skirt."

"We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy, though" Peter says.

"Too late" Michelle smiles, Peter and Ned turn to see Michelle sitting at the other end of their table, "You guys are losers."

"Well, then why do you sit with us?" Ned asks.

"Because I don't have any friends" Michelle states.

"Let's move to the next question" Liz sighs, "What is the heaviest naturally-occurring element?"

"Hydrogen's the lightest" Charles states.

"That's not the question" Liz says.

"Uranium" Abraham answers.

"Correct" Liz smiles, "Thank you, Abraham. Please open your books to page eleven."

A few feet away, Peter is conversing with Mr. Harrington, the teacher who is in charge of the Decathlon team, "Peter, it's nationals. Is there no way you could take one weekend off?"

"I can't go to Washington because if Mr. Stark needs me, then I have to make sure that I'm here" Peter states.

"You've never even been in the same room as Tony Stark" Flash speaks up from behind them, reading a book with his feet propped up in a chair, "you might have been in the same room as his daughter but she's not Tony Stark."

"Wait, what's happening?" Betty questions

"Peter's not going to Dc" a girl states.

"Really? Right before nationals?" Liz sighs.

"He already quit marching band and robotics lab" Michelle states, Everyone looks at Michelle, who is leaning on the wall with a book, with a suspicious look on their faces. Michelle quickly adds, "I'm not obsessed with him. Just very observant."

"Flash, you're in for Peter" Liz says.

"Ooh, I don't know. I gotta check my calendar first. I got a hot date with black widow coming up" flash chuckles.

Abraham rings the bell in front of him, "That is false."

"What did I tell you about using the bell for comedic reasons?" Me Harrington questions.

Peter fidgets as he looks at the clock. Fingers drumming the desk, foot tapping on the floor until finally, the clock hits 2:16 p.m. and the school bell rings.

The bell barely stops ringing before Peter reaches the front steps of the building. Looking around to check if anyone's watching him, he somersaults over a fence taller than himself without touching it.

Peter enters Delmar's Deli-Grocery and heads to the counter, "What's up, Mr. Delmar?"

"Hey, Mr. Parker. Number five, right?" Mr Delmar questions.

"Yeah, um, and, uh, with pickles, and can you smush it down real flat?" Peter smiles, "Thanks."

"You got it, boss" the guy behind the counter says.

"How's your aunt?" Mr Delmar asks.

"Yeah, she's good" Peter answers.

Mr. Delmar turns to speak to his staff in Spanish. "Su tia es una mujer muy hermosa." [His aunt is a very beautiful woman]

"Cómo está tu hija, eh?" Peter asks with a smug smile. [How is your daughter huh?]

The deli staff hoots behind the counter. Delmar's grin fades, "10 dollars."

"It's 5 dollars" Peter states.

"For that comment, ten dollars" mr Delmar tells him.

"Hey, come on, I'm joking. I'm joking" Peter smiles, he pulls out some cash from his wallet and hands it over to Delmar. Delmar takes the money with a grumpy look on his face, "Here's 5 dollars."

Peter moves toward a cat lying on the counter and pets him, "What's up, Murph?"

When he returns to collect his food, Mr. Delmar strikes up a conversation, "So, how's school?"

"Ah, it's boring" Peter shrugs, "Got better things to do"

"Stay in school kid" mr Delmar smiles, "Otherwise, you're gonna end up like me."

"This is great" Peter says, "best sandwiches in Queens." He hands Peter his sandwich.

Peter leaves the store and runs across the street with his sandwich in his hand. He passes under an elevated car track, holding up his hands at a cab that honks at him, and runs into an block. He takes off his pants and throws them aside.

From his backpack, Peter pulls out his blue and red Spider-Man suit. He knocks over a garbage can as he awkwardly takes off his pants. Peter yanks off his shirt and sweater, then steps into his suit, wearing only his boxers. Jumping, he pulls the full-body suit up over his legs.

Peter fits his arms in the sleeves, then puts on the mask, which covers his entire head. The baggy suit hangs loosely over his slender frame.

Peter webs his backpack against a dumpster, then hits the spider emblem on his chest. The material shrinks, fitting him snugly.

Peter presses a button on his web-shooter, activating hologram displays, adjusts the senses on his high tech mask, and jumps onto the roof of a building. he leaps across roofs with his sandwich bag in hand. Crouching down on a ledge, he looks down at the streets and sighs, "Ah, finally."

A bicycle chain is broken. The thief rides the stolen bike down a sidewalk, pushing passersby off the street. Peter swings after him, lands in front of him, and holds out two end of a strand of web, "Hey, could you hold this for a second? Thanks."

When the thief looks down at his hand, Peter uses his momentary distraction to glue him to the web. Peter lets go and the thief is pulled into the air. The thief still dangling above him, Peter holds up the bike and searches for its owner, "Hey, is this anybody's bike? No?" A man comes out of a store, "Hey, buddy, is this your bike? Does anyone have a pen? Do you have a pen?"

On the handle of the bike, Peter has left a note saying: IS THIS YOUR BIKE? IF NOT, DON'T STEAL IT! SPIDER-MAN.

Olivia sighs as she watches Peter from the street as he sits on the roof of a apartment building with his feet dangling over the edge and eating a sandwich.

She raises her hand and shoots a beam up to the ledge next to him catching Peters attention.

Olivia pulls herself up and sits down next to Peter, "another day of being a neighbourhood Spider-Man?" Olivia smiles.

"How'd you find me?" Peter asks, "were you looking for me?"

"No" Olivia replies, "I am not going to be watching you, i was going to get some food because my apartment has shit."

"So when your dad calls to ask what I'm up to what are you going to say?" Peter questions assuming that Tony will ask for Olivia to report back to him.

"That you're good" Olivia shrugs, "I'm a better lier in the moment. Now give me some of that" Peter passes her his sandwich and she takes a bite out of it then passes it back to him.

A warning signal blinks on peters web-shooter. Web fluid low. Peter ejects the cartridge, then scrambles to catch it, standing sideways off the fire escape. He places the cartridge on his belt. And spots four men entering a closed bank, "are you seeing what I'm seeing?" He asks the girl sat next to him.

Olivia follows his gaze and sees what Peter is seeing, "go on then insect" Olivia smiles, "go prove yourself to me."

"Why can't you help?" Peter asks her.

"Haven't got my suit" Olivia shrugs, "now run along I'll be watching from up here."

Inside Queens Community Bank, a robber wearing a Hulk mask is cutting the ATM with a high tech tool that has a glowing Chitauri energy core inside, "Yo, this high tech stuff makes it too easy."

"Told you it was worth it."

"Okay, go, go, go."

Another robber uses a high tech device to grab and pull off the front of the ATM. The huge chunk of metal is suspended in air. Other robbers start to bag the cash.

"Oh, nice."

"We can hit, like, five more places tonight."

Behind them, Peter silently comes through the door and awkwardly tries to strike a casual but cool-looking pose, "What's up, guys? You forgot your PIN number?" The robbers turn to him. Reveal that they are wearing cheap plastic masks of the Avengers. The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, and Iron man, "Whoa! You're the Avengers. What are you guys doing here?"

One of the robbers loads his gun but Peter uses his web to grab it and hit Iron Man and Thor with it. He then proceeds to push Hulk away. His sticky feet hold Thor and throw him into a wall, "Thor. Hulk. Good to finally meet you guys. I thought you'd be more handsome in person."

Peter is hanging upside down from the ceiling when Iron Man starts to throw aimless punches at him, "Iron Man. Hey, what are you doing robbing a bank? You're a billionaire."

Hulk comes up with a high tech weapon. Peter quickly dodges a punch from Iron Man, who loses balance and ends up punching Hulk instead. They both fall to the ground.

Meanwhile, Captain America succeeds in picking up the high tech device that had been used to pull the metal chunk off the ATM and aims it at Peter.

Peter jumps at him but is suspended in air for a short time. His voice is all distorted when he says, "Hey! Oh, this feels so weird" He is thrown against the wall, "Whoa, what is that thing?"

Olivia sighs to herself knowing that Peter won't be able to handle this one by himself, she swings her legs over the ledge and stands up on the roof while she pulls off her top and pants to reveal her suit underneath.

Peter is once more caught in the force field of the device and is thrown back and forth between the ceiling and the floor, "I'm starting to think you're not the Avengers!"

With his sticky fingers, he holds onto the ground and shoots his web at a desk in the corner. He pulls on it and hits Captain America with his force field device.

Olivia swings down from the roof and outside the bank where she walks in and sees money and Peter flying, "Alright guys, let's wrap this up. It's a school night."

All four avengers turn to face the girl, underneath her mask she has a smile on her face but she quickly rolls her eyes and punches hulk across the face knocking the mask off the man's face.

Peter kicks Thor into a glass wall, making it crack. Iron Man holds up the force field device, but before he can do anything, Peter webs the device against the glass, jumps onto Iron Man, and checks his face underneath the mask.

"So, how do jerks like you get tech like this?" Olivia asks, Hulk fires up the device that cuts through metal, "no. Wait, wait, wait!"

Peter quickly pulls Iron Man and himself out of the way. The plasma blast cuts through walls and hits Mr. Delmar's store across the street. The deli-grocery bursts into flames, "Mr. Delmar."

Peter quickly runs into the decimated store, "Hey, Mr. Delmar, you in there? Is anybody in here? Hello?"

Olivia throws a few punches before Thor holds her in the air with the device, "let me go" Thor throws her between the two walls repeatedly until they all reach their car and drive off leaving the girl on the ground groaning.

Peter helps Mr. Delmar, who is wheezing and coughing but alive, out of the burning building. Murph the cat is safe in Peter's arms, too. But when he turns to the bank, he finds that it is empty. The robbers have escaped, "Oh, come on. You've got to be-" The cat starts to meow. Peter hands Murph to Mr. Delmar, "Here, here."

Peter hurries over the street to Olivia who's getting up off the ground, Peter grabs her arms to help her stand but she slaps them away, "I don't need your help Parker."

"Didn't have your suit huh?" Peter scoffs.

Inside the Avengers Tower, Tony's belongings are being packed up, "Okay. Good. Yes. Yes- No. No, put that down" happy says, "That's worth more than you or me" he pulls out his phone and answers a call, "Yeah?"

Peter is running down a rooftop, "Happy, the craziest thing just happened to me. These guys were robbing an ATM with these high tech weapons-"

"Hey, take a breath, okay" happy says, "I don't have time for ATM robberies."

"Yeah, but-" Peter sighs.

"Or the thoughtful notes you leave behind" happy adds, "I have moving day to worry about. Everything's gotta be out of here by next week."

Peter jumps onto another rooftop, then stops in his tracks, "Wait. Wait! You're moving? Who's moving?"

"Yeah, don't you watch the news?" Happy scoffs, "Tony sold Avengers Tower. We're relocating to a new facility upstate where, hopefully, the cell service is much worse."

"But what about me?" Peter questions.

It is Happy's turn to be confused, "What about you?"

Peter sits down on a streetlamp, "Well, what if Mr. Stark needs me or something, I don't know, something big goes down? Can I please just talk to Mr. Stark?"

"I thought Olivia would have told you this" happy says, "she is there isn't she?"

"Yep" Peter answers, "I think she's spoke to me a solid three times."

"Look, just stay away from anything too dangerous" Happy sighs, "I'm responsible for making sure she's responsible and she's responsible for making sure you're responsible, okay?"

Peter leaps down into the alley he stashed his backpack in, "I am responsible. Oh, crap. My backpack's gone."

Happy is now standing inside an elevator, "That doesn't sound responsible."

"I'll call you back" Peter sighs.

"Feel free not to" happy smiles, The elevator doors slide close as Happy cuts the call.

Peter puts his mask back on and runs out of the alley. Peter climbs up his apartment building, still in his Spider-Man suit and dodging windows. He slides the top of his bedroom window open and looks inside. Aunt May passes in front of his open door.

Peter climbs into the bedroom via his ceiling and closes the window with his foot. He pulls off his mask, throws it away, and crawls across the ceiling. Trying to make no sound, he pushes the door close and hops down to the floor.

Peter makes a turn to find Ned sitting on his bed. Shocked, mouth agape. The Lego Death Star crashes to the ground and breaks down into pieces, "What was that?" May asks.

"Uh, it's nothing" Peter shouts, "It's nothing!"

"You're the Spider-Man" Ned realises, "From YouTube."

"I'm not. I'm not" Peter stutters, Peter presses the spider emblem on his chest. The suit becomes baggy again and falls down from his body.

"You were on the ceiling" Ned states.

"No, I wasn't" Peter lies, "Ned, what are you doing in my room?"

"May let me in" Ned tells him, "You said we were gonna finish the Death Star."

"You can't just bust into my room!" Peter says.

May opens the door, setting her hair free from a low bun. She waves a rag in front of her face to dissipate the smoke coming from the kitchen, "The turkey meatloaf recipe is a disaster. Let's go to dinner. Thai? Ned, you want Thai?"

"Yes" Ned answers.

"No. He's got a thing" Peter smiles.

"A thing to do after" Ned says.

"Okay" may waves a finger at Peter, who is only in his boxers, "Maybe put on some clothes."

May leaves and closes the door behind her, "Oh, she doesn't know?"

"Nobody knows. I mean, Mr. Stark knows because he made my suit, but that's it" Peter says, "oh and Olivia because she fought with me."

"Tony Stark made you that?" Ned questions, "Are you an Avenger?"

"Yeah, basically" Peter shrugs. "You can't tell anybody about this. You gotta keep it a secret."

"A secret?" Ned repeats, "Why?"

"You know what she's like" Peter sighs, "if she finds out people try and kill me every single night, she's not going to let me do this anymore. Come on, Ned, please."

"Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay" Ned says, "I'll level with you. I don't think I can keep this a secret. This is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, Peter!"

"Ned, May cannot know" Peter states, "I cannot do that to her right now, you know? I mean, everything that's happened with her, I- Please."

"Okay" Ned sighs.

"Just swear it, okay?" Peter begs.

"I swear" Ned says.

"Thank you" Peter sighs.

"Wait why is Olivia here?" Ned questions.

"Her father sent her here to watch me but she isn't really doing that" Peter answers.

"You haven't spoken to her once today" Ned chuckles.

"Three times" Peter corrects, "before first period, in a lesson and like an hour ago" Peter walks away, running his hands through his hair, "I can't believe this is happening right now."

"Can I try the suit on?" Ned asks.

"No" Peter answers.

"How does it work?" Ned questions, "Is it magnets? How do you shoot the strings?"

"I'm gonna tell you about this at school tomorrow, okay?" Peter says.

"Great" Ned smiles, "Okay, well, wait, then. How do you do this and the Stark internship?"

"This is the Stark internship" Peter states.

"Oh" Ned says.

"Just get out of here" Peter ushers Ned out, leans on the door, and facepalms.

Olivia throws her keys on her couch as she walks into her apartment, "I'm in so much trouble" she sighs realising she did the one thing her father told her not to do, you're job is to keep him out of trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 7.1K 101
Grace Stark has grown up sheltered, her only company basically being her father, his assistants, and an AI - at least until the Avengers show up. Sti...
607K 15.6K 33
Y/N gets recruited by Captain America's team in Civil War. After a freak accident, she is given the abIlity to manipulate energy to work against forc...
193K 3.7K 67
Grace Stark is the long lost daughter of Tony Stark. Having Tony Stark as a father seems fun but really, he is overprotective and won't let Grace hav...
14.6K 529 22
Tony Stark was known for being a billionaire playboy. What happens when one of his flings happen to be one of his best friends. Saphira Maria Stark...