PHOENIX

By iluminousitea

A Dream SMP Story || DREAM X OC •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• IF DREAM OR ANYONE IN THE STORY IS UNCOMFORTAB... More

Chapter One: Beginnings
Chapter Two: Schemes
Chapter Three: Confrontations
Chapter Four: Broken Bonds
Chapter five: Specticle
Chapter six: War
Chapter Seven: Ten Duel Commandments
Chapter Eight: Revolution and Resolution
Chapter Nine: Sweet Like Cake
Chapter Ten: Secrets
Chapter Eleven: To Honk or to Quack
Chapter Twelve: Campaign
Chapter Thirteen: Election Day
Chapter Fourteen: Chaos
Chapter Fifteen: Burnt Hopes
Chapter Sixteen: I Spy
Chapter Seventeen: Reunited
Chapter Eighteen: Gone
ACT TWO
Chapter Nineteen: Strange Place
Chapter Twenty: Decisions
Chapter Twenty One: Stress
Chapter Twenty Two: Deal
Chapter Twenty Three: Training
Chapter Twenty Four: Letter
Chapter Twenty Five: Manhunt
Chapter Twenty Six: Great Shot
Chapter Twenty Seven: Fire
Chapter Twenty Eight: Drista
Chapter Twenty Nine: Preparations
Chapter Thirty: The Festival
Chapter Thirty One: Masks
Chapter Thirty Two: Speech
Chapter Thirty Three: Loss
Chapter Thirty Four: Tears
Chapter Thirty Five: Insomnia
Chapter Thirty Six: Discovery
Chapter Thirty Seven: The Book
Chapter Thirty Eight: Love
Chapter Thirty Nine: Death
Chapter Forty: Power
Safe (Dream POV part 1)
ACT THREE
Chapter Forty One: Family
Chapter Forty Two: Fight or Flight
Chapter Forty Three: Armistice
Chapter Forty Four: Landing
Chapter Forty Five: Divided
Chapter Forty Six: Tradition
Chapter Forty Seven: Deities
Chapter Forty Eight: Brothers
Chapter Forty Nine: Forgiveness
Chapter Fifty: Honesty
Chapter Fifty One: Holiday
Chapter Fifty Two: Rubble
Chapter Fifty Three: Leader
Chapter Fifty Four: Amends
Chapter Fifty Five: Reconcile
Chapter Fifty Six: Three Words
Chapter Fifty Seven: A Nation Lost
Chapter Fifty Eight: Recruit
Chapter Fifty Nine: Revival
Chapter Sixty: Stronghold
Chapter Sixty One: Dragon
Chapter Sixty Two: Void
Technoblade
Chapter Sixty Three: Nothing
Chapter Sixty Four: Sacrifice
Chapter Sixty Five: Rise
Chapter Sixty Six: Awake
Chapter Sixty Seven: Home
Epilogue
Author's Notes (PLEASE READ)

Safe (Dream POV part 2)

883 22 11
By iluminousitea

"Shit!" I curse, going to her side and attempting to move her, but drawing back once I discovered her skin was like a stove to the touch.

"Shit, shit, shit." I curse again, not knowing what to do now. This is definitely some kind of Phoenix thing, there was no way that her skin could be that hot and she could still be alive. Wait...

I freaked out for a second. Putting my ear close to her mouth, seeing if I could hear her breathe. When I heard a small inhale, I sighed in relief.

Scooching closer, I put my hand near her arm, testing how hot her skin was. I could still feel the warmth, but it was lessening.

"How is it that you are the one person that constantly surprises me." I sigh, trying to dry my clothes out as I wait for her body to cool down enough before I attempt to move her again.

Of course there's no response, which just makes me more self aware over the fact that I'm talking to an unconscious person.

"I don't mind it though, sometimes life feels boring when it becomes predictable." I smile, looking up at the night sky.

Testing her warmth again, I could put my entire hand on her skin without cringing in pain, so I slowly lifted her up, finding that the best way to carry her was bridal style. Her head lulled into my chest, and I readjusted my grip, making it more comfortable for her, not that it mattered since she was asleep anyway.

I began the long trek back to SMP territory, since I was sure that Schlatt was looking for her, and since Wilbur seemed a little unstable at the moment.

When I finally made it to the beginnings of the prime path, I realised that I had no idea where I was going with her. George's house? No, that would be weird. Sapnap's? No, that's also weird. Punz, Purpled and Ponk were instantly crossed off the list. Who else....Oh!

I remembered back to when I searched through Alyssa and Callahan's library to look for books, and how open they were to me being there. 

Going down the path, I made it to the spruce house, surrounded by bamboo. I let myself in, laying Nix down on the couch in their living room.

"Dream, that better not be you again!" I heard Alyssa call out, slowly coming around the corner of the hallway.

"Callahan, we need to start locking the doors." Alyssa said, frowning when she saw me standing there, still slightly damp.

"Listen, I need your help." I explain, pointing out Nix who was still sprawled on the couch.

"OH MY GOD DREAM WHO DID YOU KILL?" Alyssa shrieked, rushing over to Nix. Callahan looked just as concerned.

"I didn't kill anyone! She passed out and I didn't know where to bring her!" I elucidated, regretting bringing her here.

"That's kinda sketchy, Dream." Alyssa pointed out, moving a few locks of hair out of Nix's face.

"I pulled her out of a stream and she had a fever and passed out. How is that sketchy?"

"You carried her all the way here?" Alyssa inquired.

"What did you want me to do, leave her there? Yes, I carried her to your house." I responded dryly.

"That's kinda cute." Alyssa giggled, with Callahan nodding.

"Oh my god, can you just help me?" I said exasperatedly.

"Fine, but you better explain this later." Alyssa agreed, feeling Nix's forehead for her temperature. "If she had a fever, it's gone by now."

"Can she stay in your guest room?" I asked, trying to think through what to do next.

"Yes. Callahan, can you go get the bed ready?" Alyssa advises, standing up.

Callahan nods, going into the hallway.

"I don't know about you, but I would feel awkward about undressing her." Alyssa whispers, looking down at Nix.

A huge blush broke across my face, and I've never been happier that I was wearing a mask. Stop it, get that thought out of your head.

"I think she'll be okay with what she's wearing until she wakes up." I agree.

Callahan comes back, giving us a thumbs up.

"Okay let's move her." Alyssa nodded.

Bending over, I picked Nix up the same way I carried her earlier, and looked up to see Callahan and Alyssa sharing raised eyebrow expressions.

"What?" I frowned.

"Callahan was going to help you carry her, but I guess you've got it." Alyssa giggled, shaking her head.

I glanced over to Callahan, who shrugged.

"Ugh." I groan, rolling my eyes. "Stop it, both of you."

I brought her into the room, laying her down onto the bed. Alyssa took off her shoes, and pulled the sheets over her, tucking her in gently.

"She should be fine for now, let her rest." Alyssa observed, patting my shoulder.

"I'll wait for her to wake up." I reply, sitting down in the small chair opposite to the bed.

"Are you sure?" Alyssa hesitated.

"Yes." I decided.

"Okay, well Callahan and I will probably go back to sleep. See you in the morning."

We said our goodnights, and then I glanced back over to Nix, who was still asleep. Step one and two of my plan were already done, I had talked with Wilbur and I now had the most powerful person in the area in my territory. Was it really that easy? Now all I had left was to get rid of Schlatt and L'Manberg, which Wilbur seemed to be taking care of already.

My thoughts kept me up all night, as they always do, and I waited patiently for Nix to wake up. I only left once, in search of a new change of clothes for whenever she wakes up. The only thing I could scrounge up without going into Alyssa's room and waking her up was a pair of cargo pants that looked like they hadn't been used in years, and a white tank top. Being sligthly sleep deprived, I left them in the living room, and went back to check in on Nix. It wasn't until midday before she slowly sat up, yawning and finally noticing me in the corner.

"Jesus Christ!" She yelped, scooting away at first.

"You're finally awake," I leaned forward, surveying the way she moved to see if there was any unknown injuries.

"Awake? Wait, where am I?"

"In Alyssa's house" I replied knowingly.

"Alyssa.....Wait what? What the hell is going on?" She questioned, Throwing the blanket aside and moving to the edge of the bed.

"Well, last night you were walking around in the forest all by yourself. I wasn't going to interact with you but then you jumped in a river and tried to drown yourself" I explained slowly.

"I don't...I don't remember that" She frowned, almost as if she were trying to remember.

"That makes sense, turns out you had a fever" I nodded.

"Oh. Yeah that probably happened" She sighed, unstartled. 

"You aren't surprised? It was pretty intense for a fever." I noted.

"Well they've been happening a lot recently" She mumbles, getting up from the bed.

I saw it before it happened, her legs shaking as she tried to stand on them. I moved forward, swiftly holding her up, wrapping my arm around her waist to support her. I set her back down on the bed, watching her cheeks go pink. I didn't even think about it in that way, but now I feel way too close to her.

"Like I said, it was a pretty intense fever. You shouldn't try and get up yet" I kept my voice even, heading back to my chair.

"Um, I appreciate your-Alyssa's hospitality, and thank you for not letting me drown. But I feel like I should get going soon." She looks away, and I realise she's waiting for me to say something.

I have to find a way to get her to stay here, she can't go back to Schlatt, not that I think she wants to.

"Maybe wait until you can walk on your own" I respond, trying to think of more to say.

"Duh. Why aren't you taunting me, or insulting me or something." She snaps quickly, making me smile. There's the combative spirit I'm so used to.

"So you want me to insult you? I didn't know you were into that" I reply playfully.

"Ew. Nevermind, go back to being quiet" Nix shakes her head, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

Kinda cute. Changing the subject, I watch as she stretches, trying to get her legs moving.

"What happened to your face?"

Her head snaps up, eyes wide as she looks at me.

"I...uh, I don't want to talk about it." She looks away, her ginger hair shielding her face.

"Okay. It was a pretty deep cut. Probably will scar soon. Might be permanent, although there's only one way to figure that out" I supplied, thinking about the gash.

"Wait, you talked to Wilbur last night, didn't you?"

I stilled, glancing up to meet her eyes. How much did she know?

"You were there?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah, Wilbur and Tommy helped me get out of Schlatt's wrath" Nix sighed, flexing her foot.

"Huh. So you know about our agreement" I leaned forward, interested.

"I know that Wilbur wants to blow up L'Manberg using your TNT. But that's about it" she shrugs. 

I hummed in thought for a moment, then looked at her again, taking notice of the fact she still had on the same clothes.

"I have to go for right now, but don't leave this room until I get back. Not that you'd be able to." I announce, getting up from the chair and leaving the room.

"Hold up, why can't I leave-"

I closed the door, making sure to lock it. I felt kinda bad that she hadn't gotten to change yet, so I thought I'd let her change before we got into a deeper conversation.

"Alyssa?" I turn the corner into the living room, seeing her sitting on a chair.

"Is she awake?" Alyssa got up.

"Yes, I'm getting her new clothes." I explain, grabbing the two garments and heading back to her room.

"Wait, get her a water bucket too, she might want to clean out the cut on her cheek" Alyssa rushed into the kitchen, and started filling up an iron bucket with water.

Right, I had almost forgot about that. Alyssa came back, handing me the bucket and a gapple.

"Thanks, Alyssa." I smile, and then go back into the small room.

"I brought you some things, also you should probably eat this" I offer her the golden apple, setting down the water bucket near her bed.

"Thanks," She mutters, keeping a watchful eye on me.

"Here is a fresh change of clothes if you want it" I move to set the clothes down on the bed and then retreated back to the chair.

She took a bite of the gapple, her weary eyes already lighting up after the first taste.

"So Dream, you're just going to let me leave?"

"Well yeah." Lying, I shove my hands into my pockets.

"Really? Why have me locked in here then?" She questions.

"Well, it would be dangerous to go outside right now. You never know who's on Schlatt's side." I think quickly, trying to sound uncaring.

"So you did it out of my own safety? I find that hard to believe." She snorts, rolling her eyes.

"If you want to get taken back to Schlatt, be my guest." I shrug.

"Fine. I'm going back to Pogtopia then" She finishes the apple, and gets ready to try standing up again.

"Sure, go back to the people that gave you a huge cut on your arm" I blurt out, the cogs in my brain clicking into place.

"What?" She asks quietly her brows scrunching in confusion.

"Nevermind" I waved my hand, acting like it didn't matter.

"No, I remember that day when Tommy accidentally cut me with a sword, but what does that have to do-"

"Accidentally?" I question, interrupting her. 

"Yes, accidentally" She said with confidence.

"Hmmm"

"What I don't understand is how you knew Tommy was the one who did it" She asks curiously.

"Doesn't matter"

"Oh hell no, you don't get to avoid my question like that" she wagged her finger at me. .

"I can do whatever I want" I responded dryly, trying not to laugh at how upset she looked.

"How did you know?" She demands, crossing her arms in defiance.

I took a pause for dramatic effect, then sighed as if it hurt me to say.

"During the original L'Manberg war, I had people keeping an eye on you guys. Just making sure you didn't have anything OP," I explained truthfully. "Eret was watching you and Tommy dueling, and he noticed that Tommy was disregarding how underprepared you were for a sparring match. Tommy didn't seem to care if you got hurt, which was proven when he sliced your arm as soon as you looked away"

"We were having fun," She put emphasis on fun, "I got distracted and Tommy didn't have time to stop himself"

"You would think he would be more careful holding a lethal weapon near his friends" I responded.

"Fine, I'll give you that. But Tommy didn't deliberately try to hurt me" She retorted.

"That's not what Eret saw." I lied.

"Oh? And what exactly did Eret see?"

"Tommy took advantage of the fact you weren't looking. He swung way too fast for it to be an accident," I

leaned against the wall. "At Least that's what Eret told me"

"No, I know he didn't do it on purpose" She shook her head.

"So you watched Tommy accidentally do it?" I asked, moving towards her.

"Well, no"

"Okay, well then at least he apologized right? He must've felt really bad about it" I stepped closer.

"No...I guess he never did" She mumbled.

"Huh. And who was the one that started the duel in the first place? It had to have been you right? Because Tommy wouldn't ever force someone without armor into a sword fight" I stopped, not too far away from her.

"Tommy started it." She whispered.

I was just spitballing to be honest. Now I felt kind of sorry, Tommy really should be more considerate of others.

"Look, I'm sure Tommy didn't mean it. It's not like hurting you would've helped him at all" I shrugged, backing down.

"Right," She said unsurely.

"Maybe he just wanted the ego boost" I added, knowing Tommy.

She was silent for a moment, deep in thought.

"So are you going to Pogtopia or not?" I ask.

"I- Yes? No? I don't know" She sighs, frustrated.

"Well, you always have another option"

"What's that?"

"You could stay here in the Dream SMP territory"

She froze, seeming to be in shock from my words. Even I thought it was a stretch. She would never go for it, she's too loyal to L'Manberg.

Once again, Nix surprises my expectations.

"Let's say I take up your offer and live here. Would I be protected from Schlatt?" She asks, crossing her leg over the other and leaning forward.

"Sure, Schlatt isn't allowed over here unless I say so anyways. You would be safe here" I nodded, a little shocked but not showing it.

"Okay, but what if I wanted to eventually go back and help my friends in L'Manberg. Not Wilbur, but Tommy or Tubbo or Niki. Would I still be perfectly safe living here? I wouldn't get thrown in jail for helping L'Manberg?"

"I'm helping L'Manberg at the moment, so I don't see why there would be a problem" I shrugged.

"I'll do it"

"Do what?" I ask innocently, knowing exactly what she means.

"I'll live here. But only temporarily." She quickly adds on.

"Perfect!" I exclaim. I love when plans fall into place so neatly like this.

"Uh, I need to get changed out of this first" She peers down at herself.

"I'll leave for a little bit, those are the best things I could find at the moment" I pointed to the clothes sitting at the edge of the bed.

I left the room, leaving the door unlocked this time.

"How is she?" Alyssa asked curiously when I entered the living room.

"She's fine. The gapple really helped her. I think her cut will scar, but her strength came back quickly." I say happily, plopping down onto the couch.

"That's great! Where is she?"

"Changing her clothes. I think she might stay here in the SMP territory."

"She's going to stay? If she wants to sleep here she can!" Alyssa offers. 

"I'll let her know. We'll probably go on a short tour and then come back for dinner." I concluded, thinking about showing her around so that she isn't completely lost in this area.

"What about her cheek? Did she say what happened?" Alyssa asked softly.

"No. I won't bother her about it." I reply, remembering how shy she was about it before. That conversation is for another time.

"Will you at least tell me what's going on now?" Alyssa whined. She had been bugging me constantly about whether she should be getting ready for another war. Alyssa had never liked fighting, and whenever there was conflict she would stock up on supplies and wait it out inside her house.

"I can't say right now, things are tricky. But for now the plan is to wait it out and let L'Manberg deal with its own problems. If Schlatt tries to expand any further..." I trail off, letting Alyssa come to the conclusion.

"Okay, but you owe me for all of this." Alyssa narrowed her eyes.

"What do you want?" I chuckled softly.

"Protection over my house and animals. I swear if Sapnap tries to kill one of my horses again he'll regret it!" Alyssa growled.

Sapnap was like a brother to both of us, and Alyssa knew I was the only person who could really control Sapnap's chaotic behavior.

"Done." I laughed, thinking about the pout on Sapnap's face when I would tell him later.

Alyssa and I heard a small shriek sound from around the corner, and I got up to find out. 

"What was that?" Alyssa inquired, trying to see without getting out of her chair.

I walk around the corner, seeing Callahan give a small wave to Nix, who was gawking at him with wide eyes. She turned around, jumping back when she noticed how close we were.

"I'm getting a sense of deja vu." I crossed my arms, looking down at her.

"Hey, at least I'm not stealing anything this time!" she shot back, her cheeks flushing a lovely shade of red.

"That's called being a good person, and I'm glad you're learning." I teased, heading back to the couch.

"You have no place to be talking about being a good person." She snaps back, following closely behind.

"I'm giving you full citizenship, be grateful." I respond, sitting down in the same spot.

She starts to say something, then stops herself, taking in her surroundings.

"Oh...hi." She greeted Alyssa.

"Hello" Alyssa replied back, taking a small sip of tea.

"This is Alyssa, she let you rest in one of her guest bedrooms while you got better. That guy with the reindeer onesie is Callahan, her fiancé. He's also mute." I sighed.

"Thanks for doing that, my name is Nix, by the way. I'm still unaware of why Dream dragged my unconscious body all the way over here, but I greatly appreciate the hospitality. You have a beautiful home." Nix appreciates, slowly lowering herself onto the couch, giving plenty of untouched space between the two of us.

"Aw, that's nice. But I would barely say Dream dragged you, he made sure you didn't touch the ground. Isn't that right Callahan?" Alyssa looked up at him, and he nodded in agreement.

My head snapped up to look at the two of them, silently cursing them out inside my head. I snuck a peak at Nix, whose face was bright red, and her eyes were glued to the ground.

"I'll remember not to be as nice next time." I muttered quietly.

"Anyways, you might've heard me before, but you're welcome to stay here until you have a home of your own here in the SMP. It's really no bother for us!" Alyssa offered, Callahan nodding enthusiastically behind her.

"Oh, thank you. I don't know how long I'll be staying here for." Nix laughed lightly.

"That's fine. I'd love to get to know you better." Alyssa replied.

"Well, I think I should give Nix a short tour right now. She'll be back before dinner." I got up from the couch. Stretching out my muscles from sitting in that chair for hours.

"Sounds good. Have fun you guys!" Alyssa smiled.

We stepped outside, starting our tour with places Nix was familiar with.

"So, we'll start off with the community house. You've already been here before, so we can just go right through it." I joked, remembering when I first caught her leaving salmon everywhere as a prank.

"Funny." She muttered.

I chuckled at the lack of amusement in her tone and pointed at a wall of black stone.

"The nether portal is up there."

We pass through the community house, and I lead her to one of the four entrances to the brick building.

"Over here is our king, Eret's house. I'm sure you and him are good friends." I taunt. I'm such a comedian.

"Wow, you're just on a roll with these jokes today." She huffs, crossing her arms.

"I know. Anyways, why don't we go visit Eret and let him know you're here." I start forward on the path, going further from the community house.

I noticed a flash of gray land on one of the branches of a spruce tree near the castle walls, and I stop to check it out.

"A parrot?"

Nix follows my gaze, smiling when she sees the small creature.

"Oh yeah, that's Ashes, my bird. He follows me around a lot." She shrugs.

I took small steps, not wanting to scare the bird but being entranced by its movements.

"He's such a pretty color," I reached out to pet Ashes, finding the spot just behind the head that never gets enough attention. Ashes complied, letting me scratch in the area.

"He doesn't usually let other people touch him besides me." Nix comments softly, standing alongside me.

"I used to have a bird," I whispered, not wanting to awake the painful memory.

She glanced at me, searching my face for something. Not seeing whatever it was she was looking for, Nix shook her head and turned her attention back to the bird.

"Ashes, do you want to follow us inside?" She asks softly, petting the bird's head.

There was a fondness in her voice, one that made me feel warmth in my chest. I smiled softly to myself. 

Ashes let Nix pet him for a couple seconds before stretching his wings and flying away, leaving Nix and I alone.

"I guess that's a no." She sighs, turning back to me.

I watched Ashes fly off to another tree, wishing for both the bird to come back, and the soft warmth in my chest.

"Dream?"

Get your focus back, you need to get your priorities in check.

"Let's go." I start forwards again, entering the main hallway of Eret's castle. She followed me in, and I took notice of Eret watching us from above.

"Nix? What are you doing here? And with Dream..."

"She lives here now. Not here in your castle, but here in the SMP." I responded before she could, and Nix sent me an annoyed glare in return.

"I'm temporarily staying here just until I can figure things out." She corrects.

"Actually, Eret I had something to discuss with you, but we can just chat now." I crossed my arms. "We are staying out of L'Manberg's business for now. That means you are staying out of L'Manberg's business for now. Understood?"

Eret shrank back a little, a frown appearing on his face.

"....Understood" Eret responded.

I had given Eret the throne, hoping that he would stay neutral so that there wouldn't be conflict. But recently I found him starting to be very against Schlatt, which is fair but not what I want from the king.

"Anyways, did you hear about Schlatt's request?" Eret asked me while descending the staircase.

"Which one?" I took a couple steps forward to meet Eret.

"Schlatt asked to hold the festival here, in my castle. Apparently he wants the festival to be a masquerade ball."

Schlatt wants to hold a festival in SMP territory? Now that's interesting...

Nix watched my movements, curious as to my response.

"Did you agree?" I asked.

"I told him I would think about it and get back to him." Eret replied.

"Good. Tell him yes, if you feel like hosting the event." I responded, giving permission.

"Could use the company." Eret smiled, and looked at Nix.

Nix smiled back, giving him a nod of recognition.

Had they made up? I thought for sure all the L'Manbergians hated his guts.

"Well we need to finish our tour before it gets dark outside." I waved goodbye, bringing Nix along with me. We toured around for a while longer, and then headed back to Alyssa's house for dinner. The mushroom stew Alyssa made was amazing as was all her cooking. Nix and Alyssa spent the whole dinner conversing, but my mind kept thinking of one thing, making my eyes stay trained on Nix.

If Schlatt wanted to hold the festival in SMP territory, could he be trying to get Nix back? Does he know that she's with me now, and did he remember our conversation when he was drunk?

"So Nix, do you have any plans for living here? Anything we can help you with?" Alyssa asked, drawing Nix's attention to her. .

"I haven't really thought about it yet, but I'm sure that I would like to pick up some kind of weaponry skills. There's a no violence policy in L'Manberg, or atleast, there was..." She trails off, frowning. "Either way, It would be nice to be able to defend myself."

There's just no way she knew what she was, otherwise she wouldn't talk about herself like she was weak.

I sighed crossing my arms, and Nix snuck a peek in my direction.

What to do...what to do...I could tell her, but that could be dangerous for many reasons. She could freak out and kill us all by accident, or she could get scared and leave, falling right into the hands of Schlatt.

"We have some excellent warriors here, I'm sure someone is willing to teach you. I wish I could help myself, but I'm lacking in that category as well. What I can do is help you find someone to teach you." Alyssa offered kindly.

"That would be lovely, thank you. The only other thing I'm thinking about is my fever situation. Wilbur mentioned it could be from stress, and I-"

"Wilbur knows?" I interrupt her, sitting forward.

"Yeah...thanks for interrupting me." She narrowed her eyes, watching me cautiously.

"Interesting..." I mused, then noticed they were all staring at me. I've got to be more careful. I wave my hand, signaling for Nix to continue.

"Anyways, I agree that it's probably from stress, since I only get fevers when I'm in intense situations, or when I'm feeling incredibly uneasy."

Alyssa hummed in thought, and Callahan just shrugged in silence.

What if...What if these fevers are part of her Phoenix form? Could she tap into her powers by getting these fevers?

"Maybe we can test this theory," I said quietly, forming a plan.

"Fine, I'll bite. What do you mean?" She asks curiously.

"Maybe, we put you in a slightly stressful situation, and see how you react." I suggested, wondering if the stress could trigger the fever, and then the fever could trigger her powers. Although that could be dangerous, since I have no clue what those powers are.

"Right, and what happens when I pass out again from a fever?"

"Then your question is answered." I replied.

"Awesome. I'll be unconscious, and it won't matter what causes them anymore!" She responds sarcastically.

I send Alyssa a look, and she sighs, speaking up.

"I know this sounds bad, but maybe he's right? Not much can be done until we know why this is happening for sure. Besides, I trust Dream. He won't let anything bad happen to you." Alyssa assures Nix.

"I guess we could try it," Nix sighs.

"Only if you feel comfortable." Alyssa pats her arm in reassurance.

I got up from the chair, stretching and getting ready to experiment.

"So, what makes you stressed?"

Nix stares at me in surprise, and Alyssa picks up our plates, clearing the table.

"Oh, we're doing this now?" She asks nervously.

I understand why she's hesitant, but we need answers, what difference does it make if it's now or tomorrow?

"Might as well, the longer you leave a problem, the worse it will get." I replied, moving into the living room.

Callahan and Alyssa cleaned up quickly, joining us at a distance.

"Ok, well I guess I get stressed when I think about my family..." She starts.

"Nix."

Her eyes meet mine, their full attention on me.

"What did Wilbur say to you last night?"

She tenses, and I knew I hit a soft spot.

"You're okay with me saying this in front of them?"

I looked over to Alyssa and Callahan, not worrying for a second. They are my family, they have my back no matter what. I trust them.

"They won't do anything about it, so I don't care."

"Wilbur believes that he and Tommy are the villains. That they deserve to be in power even less than Schlatt does," She talks, "Tommy disagreed, and refused to work with him. Tommy knows that this isn't right, that Schlatt took what they built."

"And how did Wilbur react?" I started tapping my foot, like a metronome keeping time. When there's something keeping pace, your mind thinks ahead.

"He insulted Tommy, and told him he'd never be president. He also grabbed Tommy and was talking bad about Tubbo-"

"He grabbed Tommy?" I cut in, noticing the way her eyes darkened.

"Yeah...He forced Tommy to look at him. I should've done something, but it was Wilbur. I mean, Wilbur isn't like that! He's always the leader, and I trust him....I trust him." Her voice broke a little, and for a second I thought about stopping. But we can't. This was the whole point, I have to get her stressed.

"So Wilbur isn't who you thought he was? You grew up with him, surely you could've seen this coming." I reasoned, continuing to tap my foot.

"I don't-no of course not! He was never like this! Ever since we were younger he always put words before violence. He wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone threaten to blow up a nation!" She argues, glancing down at my foot.

"Huh, well it seems like Wilbur is very good at pretending to be someone he's not, if he could hide it from you for this long." I shrugged.

"Don't act like you know more than me, Wilbur is probably just as stressed as I am, maybe-"

"He'll go back to being normal again, and you'll all just forget about his psychotic tendencies?"

"No, that's not what I-"

"But you're still defending him"

"I'm not-"

"Go ahead, but know that you're just as bad as he is"

"WILL YOU SHUT UP FOR A SECOND?!" She yells, and I feel a blast of heat emit from her rage.

Now we are making progress.

"Maybe we should stop-"

"Be quiet, you'll break her concentration." I scold Alyssa before turning back to Nix.

"If you'd let me talk, I could explain myself!" She grits out.

I needed to keep her mind moving, time to change topics.

"Nix, who cut your cheek?" I asked.

She stilled for a moment, not expecting the question.

"I don't see why that has any relevance."

"It was Wilbur wasn't it?" I ask, genuinely wanting to know. I made sure to keep my foot tapping in the same rhythm.

Her brows furrowed.

"No! Wilbur wouldn't do that!"

"Just like he wouldn't hurt a fly? Like he wouldn't hurt Tommy? Like he wouldn't hurt you?"

She seemed to be taking longer to answer, like she had to collect herself anytime she spoke.

"No..."

"Just admit it."

"No you're w-wrong." She mumbles out, her head glued to the floor.

"Dream, we should stop-"

"No." I shush Alyssa again. "Nix, admit Wilbur did it." 

"He.."

"Dream. Stop."

"Alyssa, stay out of it! Nix, pay attention!" I snapped a finger in her face, trying to get her to look up at me again.

"She's going to faint! Leave her alone!"

I saw her body start to sway, as if she couldn't stay on balance.

"Nix! Tell me who-"

"IT WAS SCHLATT!" She screams out, clutching her head in her hands.

I stopped tapping, shocked and appalled by her answer. What the fuck was he doing to her while she was in Manberg?

"Something about an experiment, he cut me with his knife....He had to try something...He was going to hurt Tubbo." She whispers, finally looking up at me as she tumbles to the ground.

I spring into action, catching her arm in my hand. I yelp when I feel a searing pain shoot through my hand, like a hot poker touching skin after being in a fire. I pulled away, cradling my hand as Alyssa and Callahan moved into action, rushing over to Nix's side.

"I told you to stop!" Alyssa shouts angrily, going to comfort Nix.

"No, Alyssa, don't!" I grab her hand before she places it on Nix's arm.

"What?" Alyssa shouts, very upset with me.

"Don't touch her, her skin is very hot." I say, not knowing how much I should tell them.

Alyssa stares confusedly before Callahan puts a hand on her shoulder, giving her a nod that makes her relax a little.

"Okay, fine. But you aren't off the hook!" Alyssa glares at me, not leaving Nix's side, but also not touching her.

"This was the only way we would know for sure, and now that we do, we can make sure she doesn't have more in the future." I defend.

"I don't care, next time we say stop, you stop. Got it?" Alyssa demands, waiting until I comply.

"Okay." I reply, not really agreeing but knowing Alyssa will be nicer if I do what she says.

"Poor thing, we can't move her?" Alyssa frowns, Glancing down at Nix.

"Just wait, she'll cool off." I promise, cradling my hand as I head towards the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" Alyssa inquires, Callahan giving me a stern look.

"Relax Callahan, I'm not just leaving because I don't feel like dealing with the situation, I'm going to take care of my hand and then beat someone up. I'll be back at some point." I promised, watching Alyssa and Callahan exchange nervous glances.

Once outside, I moved to the giant lake surrounding the community house and kneeled on the path, letting my hand cool in the water.

"Jesus" I mumbled, feeling the instant relief when my palm touched the frigid water. I completely understand Nix's dunk in the stream last night if this is what her entire body feels like during her fevers.

Now, onto that bastard.

"Dream! My man, how are you?" Quackity greets, noticing me come into the Manberg white house.

"Is Schlatt upstairs?" I ask, already going up before he answers.

"Yes, but-"

I yank open the door, seeing Schlatt passed out at his desk, empty bottles laying around the office.

"Wake up." I demand, not fully shouting but loud enough for Schlatt to slowly open his eyes and stare at me.

"Dream? What's up, big guy?" He rubs his eyes, straightens his tie, and stands up to greet me.

"What the fuck did you do to Nix?" I ask patiently, itching to slam his head into a wall.

"Nix? Have you seen her? I'm looking for her actually." Schlatt sighs, taking a cigar out of his pocket.

Throwing diplomacy out the window, I slap the cigar out of his hand and grab his shirt collar.

"I want you to explain to me exactly what went through your fucking head when you sliced through Nix's cheek, and you better talk fast, because I'm this close to shoving a bottle down your throat and watching you choke on it."

Schlatt's eyes are wide, and for the first time ever, I feel like Schlatt is actually giving a fuck about something.

"Listen, I had to figure out how to get her into her Phoenix form. Pain doesn't work apparently." Schlatt explained, raising his hands up in surrender.

"Do you have no empathy?" I spat, feeling disgusted. "What other shit did you do?"

"Nothing, that was the only thing I tried. Why do you care so much, huh? You wanna know how to get her powers too? We can work together on it!" Schlatt offered, as if it was a golden opportunity.

I let his shirt go and turned away, taking a moment to grasp his thinking process.

"So you think I want to join you in running experiments on her? Are you fucking insane?"

Schlatt laughed behind me, cracking open a beer.

"You're a smart guy, surely you're curious too?" He asked enticingly.

"No. Fuck that. I'm glad that Nix isn't anywhere near you anymore. She's a fucking person and she doesn't deserve to be treated like some kind of monster." I grit out, facing him again.

A realization passes over Schlatt's face, and his smile turns dark.

"So I was right, Nix is in SMP territory?"

"I never said that." I deny, knowing that only makes me look more suspicious.

"I know you've got her, she agreed to be in my cabinet!" Schlatt yelled, setting down the beer.

"Shut up, I don't want you looking for Nix, or doing any of your weird experiments anymore." I threatened, starting to walk towards the door. I was done with him, and I just wanted him out of my sight more than anything.

"Looks like the great Dream has a little crush! Listen pal, she's not worth the hassle-"

The same hand that Nix burnt earlier collided with Schlatt's face, hitting him right in the eye. I barely felt the pain as Schlatt fell to the floor, cursing and holding a hand over his face.

"That won't leave a scar like you left on Nix, but I hope I fucked your eye up enough for you to live with the pain for a while."

I left him sitting on the floor, and Quackity sent a glance in my direction, but didn't say a word as I left. He definitely heard most of, if not all of our conversation. When I got outside, I stopped for a moment, letting my back hit the wall of the building. I needed to get a hold of myself, I probably just ruined any shot I had at ever being at peace with Schlatt, and who knows if he would decide to raise hell on us.

The adrenaline wore off, leaving me wincing in pain when I moved my hand. Not only was it still healing from the burn, but it was now bleeding quite a bit from hitting Schlatt's face.

I know that I had promised Callahan and Alyssa that I would be back, but I wasn't sure where Nix and I stood at this point.

I made sure to enter the house quietly, not waking any of them up. I left a bag filled with stacks of diamonds, and a note for Alyssa that thanked her for hosting Nix and that the diamonds were for any cost she may have to pay for Nix.

The next day, I thought I'd give Nix some space from me, and focused on training all day. Training always gave me time to think, while also doing stimulating activities. It was like how some people have their best thoughts in the shower, but mine was with the sparring dummy.

Running out of steam as dinner came around, I headed down to the spider spawner, jumping down the hole and landing right behind...Nix?

"What the hell are you two doing in here?" I ask, looking between Sapnap and Nix.

"Hey Dream, Nix is just getting an OP crossbow because I'm the best teacher ever." Sapnap boasts proudly, giving me a nod.

I nod back, looking at the crossbow.

"What enchantments are going on it?" I inquire.

"Piercing, unbreaking, maybe even multishot." He shrugged.

"What happened to your hand?"

I glanced down at Nix, who was looking at my hand with a frown.

Shit, somehow it had started bleeding again, the red blotches visible through the bandage.

I move my hand out of her sight and walk past her, trying to play it off as a scratch.

"Nothing. It's fine. I see you aren't in an unconscious state anymore"

Sapnap gave me a look.

"Yeah, no thanks to you." 

Sapnap's brow raised higher.

I sent a glare in his direction.

"But that's not important right now. Are you sure your hand is okay? It looks like it's still bleeding out right now?" Nix noted.

"I said it was fine." I reiterated. "How is training with Sapnap going?"

"It's going wonderfully. And for the record, I can tell you are just trying to change the subject but I'll let it slide for now." She replied dryly.

I smiled, killing a few spiders.

"It was going wonderfully, until you started stealing all of Nix's spiders!" Sapnap moved over to Nix. "Dream's not gonna move, so we should come back tomorrow."

I nodded in agreement, continuing to slash through the arachnids.

"Thanks a lot Dream." Nix says sarcastically from behind me.

"You're welcome. What's Alyssa making for dinner?" I ask, checking on the durability of my sword.

"Don't tell me you're coming over for dinner again?" She whines.

"Of course, I have to make sure you're on your best behavior." I taunt, looking over my shoulder at her.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She tilts her head, reminding me again of a small kitten.

"I don't trust you." I walk over and lean down, only a couple inches away from Nix. Dangerously close. I shouldn't be this close. Why was I so close? "Especially with my family."

"Dream, Nix and I wanted to ask you something," Sapnap interrupted from behind Nix, my focus shifting.

"What?"

"Um... you know what? Nix why don't you ask." Sapnap nudged her, and she shot an annoyed glare in his direction.

"You're supposed to be his best friend!" she whispers aggressively.

"That doesn't make him any less intimidating!" He whispers back.

Her eyes narrow as she turns back to me.

"Well, we were thinking of a way to lighten things up around here, and I thought a prank on George would be pretty funny, but Sapnap said he would just get mad, which would probably do the opposite of what we want to achieve. And can I just say that if you don't find harmless pranks funny, you're kinda boring-"

"Nix?" I cut in, trying not to find her rambling cute. Because it wasn't. Nope.

"Right, sorry I'm getting to the point," She lets out a quick sigh, "Sapnap suggested that you guys could do a Manhunt!"

I straightened out in surprise and interest, glancing over to Sapnap.

"A Manhunt? Haven't done that in a while.."

"Exactly, C'mon Dream, it'll be fun," Sapnap pleaded.

A Manhunt could be fun...but I just can't. There's too much going on right now, and with the little meeting Schlatt and I had last night, I'm sure tensions would be rising. It would be selfish of me to have fun while war was on the horizon.

"I'm pretty busy right now, maybe we can do one again in the future." I decided, turning back to the spiders.

"That's fine," Sapnap replied quietly, and I knew he was upset.

"No, it's not fine-"

Sapnap whispered something to Nix and led her away, leaving me alone to the spiders. I would've said yes a month ago, but now... there's just too much going on.

After I was done raising the durability on my sword, I went to Alyssa's for dinner. Callahan stopped me before I could go to the kitchen, signaling dinner wasn't ready yet. Looking for something to do in the meantime, I stroll through the hallway, heading to the library at the end. Before I could make it there, I noticed Nix in her room, holding a letter in her hand.

"Who are you writing to?"

She glances up at me, then looks back down at the paper.

"None of your business." She responded quickly, tucking the paper into the pocket of her pants.

"Love letter?" I asked jokingly, but found myself wanting to know the answer,

"Ha, yeah right." She laughs dryly, rolling her eyes.

"Wilbur?"

"Why would I be writing to Wilbur?" She asks stiffly, getting up from the bed. 

"It was just a thought," I shrugged.

"Well I wasn't writing to him." Nix sighed, facing me, "Actually, I'm glad you're here. We need to talk about the Manhunt thing."

"We do?" I questioned.

"Yeah, you're going, by the way." She states.

She said it so confidently, I almost forgot I said no earlier. I let out a small laugh. She was sneaky, I'll give her that.

"I already said no earlier." I remind her.

"I'm sure you can work it into your schedule, and I'm not taking no as an answer." She doesn't back down, keeping her eyes trained on my face.

"What makes you think you can boss me around?" I asked, trying not to sound as entertained as I felt.

"What makes you think being "busy" is more important than your friends?" She retorted back, doing air quotations around busy.

Alright, that was a line she just crossed.

"Me being "busy" is keeping my friends safe. I'm sure you wouldn't know what that's like." I throw out quickly.

"I know you use insults as a way to defend your own stupid actions, so I'll ignore that," She steps closer to me, and for the first time, I felt outmatched in confidence levels. "But Sapnap misses you guys, and I know it's hard to recognize that unless it's from an outsider's perspective, which is why I'm telling you. Please, do it. At least for Sapnap and George?"

I stood still for a couple of seconds, and she didn't back down at all.

Fuck being selfless, I liked whatever this was more.

"I'll go on one condition." I bargained.

Her eyes widened, as if she was surprised by my compliance.

"What is that?"

"If I'm going, you are too."

It had been about a week into October when I finally had free time to do a Manhunt. Nix had been constantly reminding me almost everyday, which I had gotten annoyed by quickly.

"You guys finally showed up," Sapnap's voice teased while we finished tying our horses up.

"Oh come on, I'm sure you were only here for a little while." I responded with a smile no one could see.

"When you're not here, it feels like hours," Sapnap sighed dramatically, throwing his hand onto his forehead as if he might faint.

"You're an idiot." I lightly pushed him, already feeling nostalgic for times like this where we could just mess around.

"Sapnap's an idiot? What else is new?" George asked, coming from behind us.

"Shut up, George, no one was talking to you." Sapnap frowned, pretending to be upset.

"George, you're awake for once?" I feigned surprise, flipping around to greet George.

"I don't understand the sleeping jokes, I'm awake all the time." George complained, readjusting his glasses.

"You didn't even wake up for the last manhunt!" Sapnap argued back.

"That wasn't my fault, I warned you guys I would be asleep!"

"Whatever you say, Gogy."

"Okay, Stinknap."

"Are you two fighting again?" A familiar voice calls out.

Bad comes out from the tree line, holding a stack of sticks.

"Oh, Dream you're here!" Bad smiles brightly, dropping the sticks into a pile.

"Hi, Bad." I gave him a hug, realising I hadn't done that in a long time.

"Why does Bad get a hug?" Sapnap whined.

"Because he's not being an idiot right now." I sighed, knowing I would have to make it up to Sapnap later.

"Are you guys excited to do the Manhunt tomorrow? It's gonna be so fun!" Bad spoke excitedly.

"We're gonna destroy you, Dream. You're out of practice." Sapnap taunted.

"Dream's gonna lose! Let's go!" George cheered along with Sapnap and Bad.

"Don't get overly cocky, this time I get help." I state smugly.

"What does that mean?" George asks.

I and the rest of the group turn to look at Nix, who had just been standing by the horses awkwardly. She looked completely taken off guard by the comment.

"Oh, you mean me?" She raises an eyebrow in confusion.

"Dream, why didn't you introduce us to your friend?" Bad scolds me, and then walks up to Nix, extending his hand in greeting. "My name is Bad, what's yours?"

"Nix, and I do agree, it was rude for Dream to not introduce me." Nix pretends to be hurt, causing Bad to turn back and punch my arm.

Sapnap and Nix attempt to hold back their laughter.

"Apologize right now!" Bad demands.

"Sorry?" I apologize, no sincerity in my words.

Even George is snickering with her at this point.

"I'm so sorry, Nix." Bad turns back to her.

"Nah it's fine." She tries to stop laughing.

"Wait, but how is she gonna help you win?" George questions.

"I get a second person helping me win, obviously." I shrugged.

"Is this even allowed?" Sapnap asked.

"It is now." I pat him on the shoulder.

---

At sunrise, we met on the edge of the forest, gearing up for the day ahead. The hunters, Sapnap, George, and Bad, were ready to go with their compasses and backpacks. Nix and I were mirroring them, minus the compasses.

"Everyone know the rules?" I ask, really only double checking on Nix.

The group all nodded.

"Good!" I said before punching Sapnap in the gut, grabbing Nix"s arm and sprinting away.

I yanked Nix forward, trying to help her keep up with me through the layers of jungle leaves and fallen trees.

"Oh Dream..." Voices called out from behind us, the familiarity all coming back to me.

"Jesus christ." Nix mumbles, slightly out of breath already.

"This isn't even the best part!" I laugh, having way more fun than she was. My adrenaline was pumping, and I felt that feeling of anxious-ness mixed with challenge that I missed so much.

The manhunt continued all throughout the day, Nix keeping up with me somehow, George screeching as per usual, and me somehow outsmarting everyone multiple times. It was around noon when we got to the nether, and we finally had a little breathing room before the hunters caught up.

"We need to find a fortress asap." I strategize, mining some gold I found on the wall nearby.

"What if....What if I set a trap this time?" Nix smiles mischievously, making me excited to see what she had in mind.

"Only if you're sure it will work." I glance back at her, slipping the gold into my small backpack.

"Positive." She replies with determination.

"If you get caught, I won't go back for you. Don't screw it up."

I sprinted away, wanting her to prove herself. Not to me, she had already done that many times. But to herself.

I started killing blazes at the fortress, my concentration only breaking when I heard loud booms echoing far off.

"What did you do?" I asked curiously, trying to keep the pride out of my voice.

"Old trick. Just some pressure plates and tnt surrounding the portal. Not the greatest trap, but I'm sure it blew up most of their stuff. Maybe scratched them up a little." She shrugs.

Badass.

"That's pretty cool." I nod, hoping she gained some confidence from that win.

"Yeah..how many Blaze rods do you have?" She turns away, trying to hide the slight blush on her cheeks.

"Nine. We need to go trade with piglins." I glance back to where the explosion noise had come from. "Do you think they're close?"

"I honestly have no idea." Nix walks back outside the Blaze spawner and freezes, then rushes back inside.

"THERE THEY ARE!" Sapnap yells out from the fortress hallway.

"Uh, we have a problem." She grabs my arm and we start crawling through the crevice in the spawn room's wall.

"Did they see you?" I ask quickly.

"Um, sort of... yeah they saw me." She admits.

"Well shit, Nix." I curse.

The voices of the hunters grew closer to the crevice we were in, making Nix and I crawl even faster.

"I blocked it off behind us, but we have to keep going," I whisper, following close behind.

"Here's the exit!" She pulls herself out, and starts to take off.

I catch up to her, and we end up at a giant lava chasm, a small cliff above us. The hunters are hot on our trail, sprinting and yelling cheers of victory seeing that we are trapped.

"Boost me up to the cliff." I demand quickly, seeing an opportunity.

Threading her fingers together, She boosts me up onto the cliff. I don't waste a second, taking off, hoping I can get this done before the hunters catch up to Nix.

Pulling out a fishing rod, I pull a strider up, saddling it and jumping on before I could get hurt by lava. I quietly move across the lava, coming to the edge of the cliff.

Nix backs up, taking a peak over the side and making eye contact with me. I put a finger to the smile on my mask as I center myself below her.

She takes one last step off of the side, falling down, with the hunters shouting bloody Mary.

I grabbed her from the air, making sure none of her was close to touching the lava. I got a sense of deja vu, except this time her eyes were wide open, filled with excitement.

"You were a lot heavier last time." I comment smugly.

She slaps my chest hard, and I deposit her behind me, letting out a long laugh.

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

Hearing Sapnap's voice, we both look up and see the three hunters gawking at us from above.

"LANGUAGE!" Bad scolded Sapnap, but then turned back to look down on us. "Nix, we thought you were going to die!"

"You literally just plummeted down into a pool of lava!" George said in disbelief.

"And looked great while doing it, I might add." She tossed her hair, and I couldn't help but watch her in amazement.

"Vouch." I agree, turning to face forwards again.

"Anyways, BYE!" I yell, and the strider starts wobbling across the lava, leaving the hunters in the dust. I feel Nix start to slip, then grab onto my waist, steadying herself.

I tense up, a blush spreading on my cheeks, hidden by my mask.

"Not gonna lie, I totally thought you left me back there." Nix let out a sigh of relief from behind me.

"I probably should've...." I replied, meaning it in a joking way, but it came out as serious. 

"Why didn't you?" She asks quietly.

I shrug, and change the subject, talking strategy.

We ended up finding piglins to trade with quickly, somehow got through the nether portal even with all three hunters guarding it, and made it to the end portal, winning the manhunt. Normally, I would celebrate alone. But this time Nix was by my side, laughing and telling me about how much fun she had. I never wanted to stay in a moment more than those five minutes before the hunters caught up.

Time passed quickly after that, with Nix's passive aggressiveness towards me wearing off. Schlatt still hadn't said a word to me since I punched him, which terrified me. But I always forgot about all of the war talk whenever Nix was nearby.

One evening, after dinner was finished, Alyssa and Callahan showed Nix their small library. We all sat down and read for a little while, Nix grabbing a classic literature novel. I picked up a book about chess, one that I had read many times before.

At one point, Alyssa and Callahan decided to go to bed early, leaving Nix and I alone in the quiet library. Both of us were engaged with the pages, paying little attention to them leaving.

Suddenly, the lantern hanging in the center of the library went out, causing Nix and I to both look up from our reading. Nix had been sitting in the window seat, so the moonlight allowed her to continue reading. But where I was sitting, I couldn't see anything.

"You can move over here, it's a lot easier to see." She offers, tucking her legs into her chest in an attempt to make room for me.

I considered the idea for a second, knowing the door was a perfectly good option.

For some unknown reason, I got up and moved to the window, sitting directly across from Nix.

This couldn't go wrong, could it?

Her eyes kept sneaking glances at me when she thought I wasn't looking. She was so oblivious sometimes.

"How's your book?" I asked, catching her staring at me.

"It's good. I love this book." Her cheeks turned a dark red.

"So why aren't you reading it?" I inquired, a smile coming through my words.

"Shut up." She sighed, closing the book and setting it down.

I copied her actions and folded my arms, watching the moon shimmer in the night sky.

"I know this is personal, but I got the feeling that you knew Schlatt before all of this happened." I said quietly. I had seen the way she spoke about him, like he was a ghost from her past come back to haunt her.

Nix brought her knees against her chest, leaning down to rest her head on top.

"Yeah. He and Wilbur were old friends, so I saw him a lot as a kid. There was this one time where..." She trailed off, looking like she regretted saying anything in the first place.

"If you don't want to talk about it that's fine." 

She looked at me suspiciously, but continued on.

"No it's fine. This one time, Schlatt was drinking with a bunch of his friends around the outskirts of L'Manberg. He was technically underage, but I don't think he cared. Tommy, Tubbo, and I were little kids, me being the oldest of us three. We were playing tag, and then we stumbled into his group by accident. I wasn't going to say anything, because I'm no snitch. But then he and his friends offered some of the alcohol to us, disregarding the fact we were tiny kids. Tommy and Tubbo basically worshipped Schlatt at the time, so they immediately said yes. But I knew no matter what I said, they would've drank it. So I did the best thing I could think of, and went to find Wilbur. I told him what was happening, and he went and yelled at Schlatt. From that moment on, we both hated each other. If you want to drink underage, fine. I won't tell. But if you're going to offer it to other underage kids, especially kids way younger than you, I won't let that slide."

Hiding my always growing disdain for Schlatt, I nodded.

"Respect." 

"There are other instances with Schlatt, but none of them are good. And I don't really like talking about them"

"I get that." I mumbled.

"I have a question for you. When we were in the spider spawner, you addressed Alyssa and Callahan as your family. Are you actually related to them?" She asked, watching my face intently.

Chuckling lightly, I looked out at the community house through the window. I really shouldn't say anything. For all I know, Nix could run right into Schlatt or Wilbur, or an even bigger enemy and tell them all my weaknesses. But somehow I found myself talking before I could stop myself.

"No. I just always think of them as family. Even Sapnap, George, and Bad too. We've known each other for a long time, and built the community house together before anyone else lived here. That's why I'm so protective of our land, I just don't want our family to break apart."

And it was true, all I want is for them all to be safe.

"That's an interesting perspective." Nix replies, breaking me out of my thoughts. Did I hear...a shred of sympathy in her voice?

"Why are we talking about such intense stuff?" I unfold my arms, wanting to change the subject.

"I don't know, what else do we talk about?" She smiled.

"Hmmm....Do you read often?"

"I read a lot more before the war. But now I don't. I also used to really like singing and music, I guess that's just the Wilbur in me." She laughs, but there is a pain in her eyes.

"You can sing?" I ask, curious to why I had never heard her sing before.

"Yeah...I haven't sung properly in a while. But Wilbur and I used to sing every night, and he would play his guitar. We sang lots of songs, and I would always sing the higher part since I could go higher than him. There was this one pretty lullaby he would sing to me, I think I still remember how it goes. Oh! There was even this one time where we held a talent show in L'Manberg, and I sang this really old ballad, and I won first place for it. Although, Tubbo's piano playing really should've won!" She rambled, Her eyes lighting up whenever she mentioned a friend or family member. I nodded along, watching her hands move when she felt very deeply about a subject. How her brows furrowed when she talked about Wilbur's disregard for vocal rest after screaming for three hours straight. I found it all fascinating, not only what she was saying, but just how much she cared about her passion. It was...Beautiful.

Suddenly, she stopped, and I involuntarily frowned.

"Sorry, I'm probably boring you. I guess I just miss singing." She flushes.

"No, it's fine. I like it," I said with a hushed tone. Her face brightened into a pink blush, and realised what I had said. She kept her watch on me, and I turned away, praying that the mask on my face hid the red on my cheeks.

"Okay." She said quietly, "Well I really wish I would sing more often, but there's never really a time that I think about it, so I don't."

"I guess we've both been busy lately." I agreed.

"Yeah, busy with training. I've actually beat Sapnap once or twice." She smiled proudly, and I felt a bit of pride for her.

"I'm sure he was sour about that," I chuckled, my laughter increasing when she nodded and joined in with me. I wish I could be there to watch, to give her pointers.

"You know what?" I sat up straighter, an idea forming in my mind.

"What?" Nix tilted her head, smiling.

"If you've beat Sapnap multiple times, maybe you should train with me?" I offered.

"Really? You would beat my ass in two seconds. I think you overestimate me, I'm flattered though." She shook her head.

"Well how can you ever get better? I'll teach you, no charge." I decided, not budging on the idea.

"Are you sure? I thought you were busy?" She leans down, resting her head on her knees again.

"Busy is just a code word for lonely. I'll teach you from now on." I shrugged my shoulders. I see no problem with this, and I could make sure Sapnap wasn't holding her down at all, not that I think he would.

"Okay," Nix nodded, "bet."

And so I did.

Everyday, I would train with Nix for the afternoon, and we got into a rhythm of sleeping, eating, training, eating, and then sleeping again. No one had ever been able to keep up with me like this, but Nix was something else. The dedication and passion that drove her was incredible, and I started to feel slow compared to her.

There was one day where Nix had left Alyssa's house without letting me know she was going to skip out on training. I took a walk around the main SMP territory, not finding her anywhere. I started getting more concerned when George, Callahan, and Alyssa hadn't seen her all day.

What if Schlatt had gotten his hands on her again, what if he was doing some kind of inhumane experiments with her again? I wouldn't forgive myself for being so careless.

My only bit of relief was when I went to ask Sapnap if he had seen her, only to find that he was also nowhere in sight. Calming myself, it was most likely that Sapnap and Nix had gone together somewhere, and there was nothing to worry about. But no matter what I told myself, there was a little piece of anxiety, nagging me in the back of my brain. So I hung out at Alyssa's all day, trying not to look like I was waiting for Nix to come back.

It was sundown when Sapnap and Nix came through the front door, carrying multiple bags stuffed with products.

"Where have you two been?" I ask from the couch, looking up from the chess book I had been pretending to read.

"Shopping." Nix held up the bags, as if that answered all of my questions.

"Shopping." Sapnap grumbled, dropping down onto the couch and putting his feet on my lap.

"Get off of me, you idiot." I shoved his feet away, pretending not to be annoyed by how nonchalantly they had left and came back. I shouldn't be annoyed, neither of them knows what's at stake. It isn't their fault.

"Are you going to the festival?" Sapnap asked me, interrupting my thoughts.

Yes. Of course I was going to the festival. But Schlatt was cunning, and there was no way this festival was going to go perfectly fine. Not to mention Wilbur was planning on blowing it up at a certain point. I knew that I had to go, but I could be more inconspicuous if I didn't have my signature mask and green clothing. If I wasn't Dream.

Setting down my book, I looked for the right thing to say.

"Not really my thing," I sigh, "So no."

"Aww pwease Dweam? It'll be so much more fun with you there." Sapnap begged, using his best puppy dog eyes. He knows that shit doesn't work on me.

"No."

"What, are you busy again?" Nix taunts, walking past the couch and towards the hallway leading to her room. I watched her, wondering what might happen if I did just show up as myself. I could protect Nix a lot easier, and I wouldn't have to worry about anyone recognizing me.

"Oh come on now. You guys won't pressure me into going." I cross my arms, getting rid of the thought.

"Even Callahan and I are going." Alyssa threw out before leaving the living room and going into the kitchen.

"No. The answer is no." I concluded. Not budging at all.

"Fine. What a buzzkill. You would've looked good in a suit." Nix sighed, turning and heading back to her room.

Huh.

I already wanted to take the no back.

Ignoring the strange rush of emotions that had just gone through me, I turned my attention back onto Sapnap.

"Okay, now that Nix is gone, I have something to tell you." Sapnap sat up, talking quietly while looking back and forth between the hallway Nix had just left in and the kitchen where Alyssa was currently located.

"What is it?" I sit forward worriedly.

"You have to promise me you'll believe me first, no matter what I say, you gotta believe me dude." Sapnap insists, and I hastily nod my head.

"I promise-" I barely manage out, before we tense up, hearing the sound of Nix's door closing. Neither of us speak until we hear her footsteps grow further from us, and a quiet close of another door. I motion for Sapnap to follow me, and we both slowly move through the hallway, watching Nix head towards the lake through the windows.

"What is it?" I ask again, this time without bothering to quiet my voice since Nix was outside and we were far enough from the kitchen.

"Nix and I were getting these metal masks made for us for the festival, and when Nix went to pick her mask up, she forgot to put on the special gloves that are heat resistant or whatever," Sapnap explained, his words rushing out. "So she picked up this piece of metal that was like, 10000 degrees Fahrenheit with her bare hands!

I didn't respond. Was this one of her powers? And what does she think?

"She picked up a scalding piece of metal, Dream! Scald-ing" Sapnap sounded it out to me for special effect.

I hummed in response, not knowing exactly what this meant.

"Dude, are you listening to me?" Sapnap punched my shoulder, and I punched him back.

"Ow." Sapnap whined.

"Yes I am." I responded, walking over to the window and looking out at Nix.

"There were no burn marks. Like none. At all." Sapnap followed my gaze.

"And you're sure that she picked it up?"

"For a whole five seconds!" Sapnap whisper-shouted.

"This was not something I was expecting to hear today." Was all I could manage out.

"Yeah, no shit. The weirdest part was that she immediately pretended it didn't happen and went back to discussing the masks." He muttered.

I didn't know what to say to Sapnap. He seemed to be really freaked out over the whole situation. And Nix....I can't figure her out, while at the same time I seem to know her perfectly. It unsettled me, not knowing things. I hated that feeling. Nix always surprises me though, and I can't decide whether I like it or not. The only question I'm still asking myself is, does she know what I do, or is she really as clueless as she acts?

"So what are we gonna do?" Sapnap whispers.

"Leave it alone for now. I'll figure it out." I sigh and turn around to face him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. And Sapnap?" He starts to leave but stops when I call out his name.

"Yeah?"

"Don't mention it to anyone else."

Fuck. Well now what to do?

I decided to sleep on it, not entirely sure what tomorrow will hold. All I knew was that I would have to make a decision.

I did not make a decision.

Instead, I was greeted by my little sister, Drista, bursting into the community house and scaring the shit out of me. At first, I almost told her to go home with the current political stand-off that Pogtopia, Manberg, and the SMP territory were having. But then Drista pulled a fork out of her back pocket and I knew I didn't have a choice.

Trying to find something to do, Drista and I ran across Tommy, who was busy trying to dig out a large hole and make a big tower to scare Schlatt. Surprisingly, Tommy got along really well with Drista, both of them bringing out the chaotic nature  in the other.

At lunchtime we said our goodbyes and headed to Alyssa's house. Making Drista a nice steak for lunch, we sat down at the table and ate.

"If you're going to wear the mask, at least put it all the way on." I comment, noticing that Drista had the mask pushed off to the side of her face.

"I like it better this way, I can actually see things." Drista shook her head. "Also now I can breathe air that isn't just recycled carbon dioxide."

"Oh come on, it's not that bad." I roll my eyes.

"Now I know why you're so dumb, all that carbon dioxide intake is killing your braincells." Drista laughed, eating a forkful of steak.

"I'm the dumb one? Let's go back over the past two hours, shall we?" I retorted.

"Hey Tommy was the one being an idiot, not me." She argued.

"I still can't believe you tried to kill him." I sigh, leaning back in my chair.

"He was challenging me. I'm not about to let a child tell me what to do." She argued back, taking another bite of steak.

"You could've started another war, Drista!" I raised my voice, half-joking and half-serious.

"Tommy couldn't even crit me once. There wouldn't even be a war." Drista shrugged.

I was ready to launch into a long speech about how tense things are here, but Drista stopped listening, her attention on something else across the table.

I followed her gaze, noticing Nix sitting at the end, watching us both with curiosity.

"Hi." I sent a small smile in her direction and she returned it.

"Hey. Mind introducing me? Bad was right, You're horrible at it." Nix taunts, setting down the food she was holding.

"This is Drista, my little sister. Drista, this is Nix, my friend."

"We're friends?" Nix asks with a smile.

Drista let out a small giggle.

Today is just not a good day.

"I like you," Drista decided, leaning across the table to shake Nix's hand.

"You addressed Tommy as a child, so I like you too." Nix declared.

"Oh come on, not you too. At this rate, everyone's gonna like Drista more than me." I grumbled, folding my arms. This isn't fair.

"Aw, jealous are we?" Nix teases, getting caught in the chaos magnet that is my sister.

"Ever since Tommy said he liked me better, he's been pouting." Drista joined in.

"Shut up. Both of you are idiots." I mumbled, trying not to prove their point by pouting.

"So wait, If Drista is your sister, why haven't I ever seen her?" Nix changes the subject.

"She doesn't live in the SMP territory." I explained. I felt the need to say more, but held back. I don't like sharing information about my family, it could be used against me.

"What brings you here today then, Drista?"

"I wanted to visit. It's been a while since I was over here. And, it's been a while since I hung out with him." Drista jerked her thumb towards me, and I sat up straighter, ready to shut her down.

"That's such a lie, I see you all the time." I protest.

"Not enough," Drista shrugged.

Drista and I got into another debate, arguing about how often I visit her.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we can skip training today so that you can hang out with Drista, I definitely do not mind." Nix jumps in.

"Are you sure? Drista was exaggerating earlier about not seeing me often." I assure her, not wanting to skip training. I like training.

"No, it's fine." She waves her hand.

"Wait, why can't I just watch you guys train?" Drista asks.

"Huh, I just assumed you wouldn't want to spend your afternoon that way." Nix admitted.

"Are you kidding, I would LOVE to see someone beat up my brother!" Drista giggled at the thought.

"Hey, don't get it twisted, it would be me beating up her!" I correct them with a smile. Training it is.

"Wow. Admitting to beating up women. What an awesome guy." Nix says sarcastically.

"Isn't my brother just the coolest?" Drista sighs in fake admiration.

"I'm leaving." I frowned, definitely pouting this time.

"Rage quitting? What's next, are you gonna cry?" Drista yelled from the other room as I went into the kitchen.

I don't respond, causing Drista and Nix to erupt into laughter.

----------

"I want a clean and honest fight, except for Nix, you can do whatever you want."

Nix laughed as Drista pretended to referee while she and I trained. It had been hours of Drista acting like a coach, instructing Nix on ways to beat me.

"THIS IS RIGGED!" I shout as Drista throws a small rock at me.

"No duh." Nix laughs as she advances forward, using the opportunity to catch me off guard. I let her think it worked, before moving behind her and getting a hit in.

She turns around and backs away, keeping her eyes on me.

"Get his kneecaps!" Drista screamed from behind Nix. 

"My kneecaps?" I wheeze, getting distracted momentarily. Nix saw her opportunity, and attacked with her axe. I blocked it, and Nix imitated my movements from seconds ago, getting behind me and using her crossbow to knock me off balance. Shell-shocked, I stare up at her in surprise, Her grin wider than I had ever seen it.

"YES!" Drista cheered.

Trying to ignore how proud I felt, I got back up on my feet, ultimately winning the duel in the end.

"Nix, you've really improved on your skills. You're a worthy opponent." I compliment quietly to her. It was true, she really put her all into training, and she had gotten on my level very quickly.

Jogging over to Drista, I start scolding her for cheating.

"You can't throw rocks at me." I chide, crossing my arms in fake annoyance.

"I can do whatever I want." Drista replied, play-fighting with me and attempting to tackle me to the ground. I laughed, feeling her lose grip and fall.

"You're too small to try and take me." I warned, as she launched herself at me again.

"Why am I winning them?" She argued, finally knocking me down.

"I'm going easy on you." I lied, holding back a yelp of pain when she pulled my hair.

"Nix, tell him this isn't fair, he's twice my size!" Drista shouted, getting Nix's attention.

"Well, that's not my fault. She's being annoying, right, Nix?" I called out, hoping Nix would take my side.

Nix ran over to where we were, letting out an unrestrained laugh that made me involuntarily smile.

"I don't know...She is kinda at a disadvantage." She shrugs.

"Why don't you ever take my side!" I grumble, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Because your ego is big enough already." Nix smirks, flicking my mask with her finger.

"Ow." I whine, letting go of Drista, who punches me right in the gut.

"OW!" I cough, actually hurt this time. "When did you learn to punch that hard?"

"I'm just that good." Drista shrugs, walking over to Nix and giving her a high five.

"Alright, that's enough bullying Dream for today. Let's go find something to eat." Nix orders, ruffling Drista's hair. Drista ducked away, laughing as she escaped Nix's hand.

Getting up, I make my way over to Nix, noticing how she seemed lost in thought.

"You good?" I nudged her shoulder, and she nodded softly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Really hungry though." She says while taking off her helmet.

"I think Alyssa's making pork chops for dinner." I supplied.

"Yes! I love pork chops!" She celebrates, doing her little victory dance she always does. 

"With beets on the side." I interrupt.

"Ewww no." Her nose wrinkles in disgust.

"Yeah, I knew you wouldn't be celebrating after that. I see you purposefully leave them untouched on your plate whenever she makes them." I chuckled.

"That's because they shouldn't exist. They also stink and are poop." She frowns.

Finally remembering we weren't alone, I look to the side, finding Drista watching us. Her eyes darted back and forth between Nix and I.

"What?" I ask.

She sends her infamous "little shit" smile in our direction, and I instantly tense up, knowing she was up to something.

"Nothing. Dinner time!" Drista turns and runs back towards the house, laughing hysterically as we try to catch up.

Time went by so quickly, tomorrow was festival day and I didn't even have a solid plan yet. Going into this blind would be dumb, but I couldn't seem to find a moment to just sit and think about it yet. Nix seemed distracted during training that day, almost like her mind was working through something else. It made me both curious and nervous, wanting to know what was on her mind while also hoping that she would be more attentive when tomorrow came, and she would be steps away from Schlatt and Wilbur. Two men who I couldn't predict or plan on.

After dinner, we had all gone to the library, a new tradition we had started since Nix moved in here. I enjoyed this routine, making my days and nights a lot less lonely than before.

Grabbing all of our attention, Alyssa let out a big yawn after reading for an hour or two.

"I might go off to bed early, we have a big day tomorrow." She closed her book, and Callahan yawned in response.

"Yeah, big day for everyone," I nodded.

"Have you finally gotten over yourself and decided to attend the ball?" Alyssa taunted, turning around to look at me.

"No. I'm not going. I don't know how to make it any clearer to people." I said exasperatedly, trying to sound convincing.

Alyssa rolled her eyes at me, and Nix looked out the window, her face turned away.

"Fine, be a grump and stay home." Alyssa sighed, and then twisted her head to look at Nix.

"So, do you have a date to the festival?" Alyssa asked, making my head snap up.

"Ha-ha. No, I'm very much alone, thanks." Nix rolls her eyes.

Something settled within me after hearing that, not sure how I would've reacted if she said yes.

"How? I'd totally be asking you out if Callahan didn't exist." Alyssa stated seriously.

I snickered from the corner, knowing she was fully telling the truth. Callahan threw a fit in the corner, feeling neglected.

"Sorry Callahan." Nix whispered.

"I'm joking," Alyssa said unconvincingly. "Anyways, do you want to come along with us?"

"Actually, I'm going to be leaving first thing in the morning to get ready with Niki, so I'll see you guys there! Well, most of you...." Nix trailed off, her eyes landing on me.

I couldn't decipher the look she gave me, but I felt the urge to say something reassuring. I stayed silent instead.

"Sounds good! Can't wait to see how beautiful you look in your dress!" Alyssa squealed, and then left the small library with Callahan behind her.

No matter what I tried to think about, my mind kept coming back to Nix's safety. She was basically walking into a trap, yet she didn't know it was set for her. Not to mention the trap also contained a madman with enough tnt to destroy the nation of Manberg.

There was a brief moment where Nix and I sat in silence, before she closed her book with a contented sigh.

"Well, goodnight-"

"Be safe tomorrow," I said quietly, not sure where my head was at.

Nix froze, caught off guard, and I looked away, not knowing what to do.

I shouldn't have said anything. I really shouldn't have. But I knew that if anything happened to her tomorrow I would completely blame myself for it.

I heard Nix's cautious steps travel across the room, only looking at her when I felt her hand on my arm. I found it hard to breathe as I watched her eyes look past the mask hiding my face.

"I promise...." I let out a small sigh of relief before she continued. "Just as long as you promise you'll be safe too.".

I chuckled to myself. I would be fine, I always figure out a way to get out of tough situations.

"Why would I need to be safe? I'm not even going." I replied, my voice low.

"This isn't just about the festival, but you always act like you're invincible, and not to rain on your parade, but we both know you're not." She smiled, making my nervous heart rate slow. "So I'll promise to stay safe if you do too."

She...she was something else. Looking at her in this moment, I felt something change in me. Something that I had held onto my entire life, had slowly morphed into something new, and I hadn't realised until now. I wanted to keep her safe. Not just my family, but her too.

In a moment of pure emotion, I wrapped my arms around her, holding gently but fiercely, praying that she wouldn't get hurt tomorrow.

She relaxed into the embrace, hugging back tightly.

"I promise." I said softly, both to her and myself. I would protect her no matter what got in the way.

Taking in my surroundings, I walked into the already lively festival, making sure I stayed close to the exits. There was no telling when someone might realise who I am, and I needed to stay alert. Schlatt wasn't on his obnoxiously large throne, and I had no idea where Nix was, or even what she was wearing. I slowly made my way around the room, trying to figure out who was who, when I spotted a familiar hue of red near a table filled with desserts.

I started towards her, then realised she was talking to someone with pink hair. I recognised the pig mask and immediately knew it was Technoblade, someone I hadn't seen in a long time. I should set up a meeting with him, he could be a very powerful ally.

Nix walked away from the table, looking around the crowd for someone, and I finally got a full view of her. The dress she wore was stunning, and it contrasted her auburn hair that was pulled up out of her face delicately. My eyes moved over the waist, and traveled past the backless top and up to her mask. It looked gracefully made, without being too simple or too gaudy.

She turned and her eyes met mine, the gorgeously deep brown of them captivating me.

I couldn't think of the right word to describe how angelic she looked, and beautiful didn't seem to cut it.

I forgot how to breathe as I slowly made my way towards her, my brain racking itself for what to say whenever I did reach her. She might not recognise me, I need to play it cool.

"Hello." I greeted softly, feeling like if I spoke too loudly it might spoil the moment.

"Hi..." She blinked, staring at me with her eyes wide and curious. I could tell that she didn't recognise me yet, but I was counting down the seconds until she did.

"You're not dancing with anyone?" I questioned, taking it one sentence at a time.

"No, my friend is off somewhere else." She glanced around, her eyes breaking contact with mine, and I missed it instantly. Friend? Did she mean Niki, or someone else?

"Friend?" I tried to keep my smile.

"Yes, friend. She might be dancing with someone right now." Nix smiled, looking back at me again.

That smile. That smile made me breathless.

"Well, it would be rude for me to not ask for a dance from such a gorgeous lady." I offered her my hand.

"Of-Of course." She stuttered, her face blushing.

Placing my arm lightly around her waist, I took her hand in mine, and led us into a slow waltz. She followed my steps, glancing up at me every now and then. The music played softly as we swayed, and I looked down at her, falling for her all over again.

"Beautiful." I mumbled under my breath, not meaning to say it out loud.

Her gaze quickly shot up to meet mine, her eyes widening at my words.

"Your hair." I tried to cover up.

"Really?" She giggled, watching me with amusement.

"It looks good with your dress. Reminds me of a fox walking in wintertime."

Someone needs to shut me up asap.

Her blush deepened, encouraging me back to my normal confidence.

"So, where are you from?" I asked politely, trying to think of what a stranger would say.

"L'Man-" She stopped herself, "The SMP territory."

I tried not to smile too hard when she changed her answer.

"Do you like living in the SMP territory? I've heard there was a war that happened only a couple months ago there."

"I..I do actually like living there. Not too much was destroyed by the war, and the people there are super kind. I've started thinking of it as home, actually." She replies.

"Interesting. Well, maybe I should move" I chuckled quietly.

She stumbled a little, and I loosened my grip on her waist.

"What's wrong, do you not want me to move near you?" I joked, not knowing what her reaction meant.

"No, I was just thinking of someone." She mumbled.

"Who? If I'm allowed to ask?" I pushed, wanting to know.

"No it's okay, actually, why don't we go over there." Nix gestures towards a small couch off to the side of the ballroom, where there was less of a crowd. I followed her, and we sat down together.

"Look, you're really, really handsome," She starts, making my ego go through the roof. "And I liked dancing with you. Something about you really seems familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Anyways, I have this strange guilty feeling in my chest when I dance with you, because recently, I've been having these feelings about a guy, and I'm just not sure of them yet. So I don't want to lead you on, but I also don't even know if I'm leading you on. It's all very confusing and I'm sorry."

Is she...talking about me? I felt conflicted, I'm sure she is talking about me but what if she isn't? No. Life is about risks. What's the fun if it was boring all the time?

Taking a deep breath, I prepare myself.

"Maybe, we should take our masks off." I suggest.

Nix tilts her head in confusion.

"What does that have to do with anything?" She questions.

"I don't know, I just feel like if we took our masks off, everything would become more clear." I say slower, hoping that she might recognise me then.

"I guess...but this doesn't mean anything, right? Like is there something I'm not understanding here?" Nix says hesitantly.

"Nope, I just think it might help you with your... problem." I scoot closer, and lean in, our faces only inches away. "You can take off mine first."

"Okay..." She nodded.

I stared deeply into her eyes, giving her my full trust. Her fingertips brush my cheek, and I try not to shiver at the feeling. Her hands travel to my hair, sliding through until they reach the knot keeping my mask on. There's a second where I get nervous, but I never look away. I couldn't look away when she was so close. The string came loose, and-

"Nix!"

She turned around, trying to find the source of the voice.

Dammit.

I catch the mask before it can fall from my face, and just hold it there, wishing the moment hadn't been ruined.

"Nix!"

Niki ran towards Nix, quickly grabbing onto her arm and pulling her up from the small couch.

"What is it?" Nix asked worriedly.

"Wilbur was seen upstairs in one of the balconies with Tommy! They managed to sneak away but they're in here somewhere!" Niki tried to whisper, but had to be loud enough to hear over the music. I pretended not to hear their conversation, and started tying the mask back onto my face.

"Okay, we need to find them as quickly as possible." She agrees with Niki, and then looks back at me.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about everything, but I have to go. Maybe we'll see each other in the future, uh... sorry I guess I never got your name?"

"Oh, my name is....Francis" I lied, coming up with the first name I could think of.

"Nice to dance with you, Francis." She smiles, and then runs into the crowd with Niki.

Defeatedly, I get up from the couch, knowing I should either find Wilbur or Schlatt before-

My thoughts are interrupted as a ringing microphone sounds from the front of the room.

"Hello again, everyone!" Schlatt's voice boomed through the mic.

Just lovely. Exactly what I needed right now. 

"I wanna start by saying, I do make fun of Tubbo a lot. I mean, he does fuck up all the time, but at the end of the day, Tubbo is the guy who made this entire thing happen!" Schlatt chuckled,

"So without any further ado, I think I'll put big man Tubbo up on the mic!"

The crowd clapped, and Tubbo traded places with the tall man.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. A wise man once told me that L'Manberg was like a lettuce. There are so many layers of tasty and healthy goodness, and once you wash all of the caterpillars off of the surface, it's a pretty goddamn good meal!" Tubbo read loudy off of a pile of note cards in his hands.

"I said that!" Schlatt interrupted from beside Tubbo, and Tubbo nodded in his direction.

"All of this around us is thanks to democracy, and Schlatt!"

"AMEN!" Fundy cheered with the rest of the room.

I rolled my eyes, scoffing at the thought. Schlatt doesn't do shit.

"With that in mind, I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this wonderful event!" Tubbo finally looked up from his notes, smiling at the audience.

I start to move from my spot, but stop when I hear Schlatt laughing darkly.

What was he up to?

"What's wrong Schlatt?" Tubbo shrank back.

"Nah I was just....You know we like to have fun. Anything else in that speech?"

"Uh...no. Let the festival begin!" Tubbo announced quickly, his eyes darting up to look at something above the crowd.

Looking where his eyes did, I noticed Tommy watching Schlatt speak with a concerned look on his face. My gaze moved back to the stage, where Schlatt was ordering his guards to surround Tubbo.

"Schlatt? What are you..." Tubbo stumbled.

"We like to have fun around here, don't we?" Schlatt repeated, a glimmer of entertainment in his eyes.

Schlatt's men held Tubbo in place on the stage, making sure he couldn't try and run.

"Wait Schlatt?" Tubbo questioned in a nervous tone.

"Tubbo, I'll cut to the fucking chase," Schlatt patted his shoulder and then turned back to face the audience. "I know what you've been up to."

Tubbo's eyes darted around the stage, looking for any sort of comfort from the people around him.

"What have I been up-what are you talking about?"

"What have I been up to, he says?" Schlatt repeated while chuckling and gesturing to Tubbo as if he were saying "This guy."

The room gave an awkward laugh in return.

"CONSPIRING," The raise in Schlatt's voice caused the crowd to be silent once again. "With the tyrants that we kicked out of this country!"

Maybe Schlatt wasn't as dumb as he pretended to be.

"It all adds up buddy," Schlatt counted off his fingers, "The fucking tunnels, your absence from events, I mean- you walked off in the middle of this one!"

"Uh.." Was all Tubbo could manage out, shrinking back in fear.

"Do you know what happens to traitors?"

"No?"

"Nothing good." Schlatt answered darkly.

"Hey Technoblade, do you wanna come up here for a second? We need to send a message real quick."

Technoblade? Was he working with Schlatt?

Technoblade made his way to the front, and I recognised his stance. The same stance as when we dueled so long ago. He was nervous.

"Technoblade please, can you take care of him?" Schlatt waved his hand.

Techno didn't move at all, he only blinked once or twice and then played dumb.

"Do you want me to get him some breakfast? Or maybe a nice coat? What do you mean by take care of him?" Techno asked monotonically.

I chuckled lightly, glad to see that Techno wasn't willing to kill so easily.

"Kill Tubbo, right now, ON THIS FUCKING STAGE!" Schlatt yelled, his face contorting in rage.

"AND MAKE IT HURT!"

"Schlatt, it's a festival, man." Fundy spoke up.

"Techno, don't do it!" I heard a female voice plead from the audience, and assumed it was Niki.

Techno held eye contact with someone in the crowd, then broke away, shaking his head.

He was going to do it.

"Schlatt, are you sure? We have him trapped, isn't that enough?" Quackity asked, wringing his hands.

"Technoblade, are you gonna do it?" Schlatt questioned, ignoring Quackity.

The room stood silent as Techno raised a crossbow and pointed it directly at Tubbo's head.

"DO IT!"

Techno released the arrow, but shot into Tubbo's abdomen instead of his head, missing on purpose. He then turned around and released several arrows into Quackity, Schlatt, and his men.

Holy shit....

People scattered, wine glasses littered the floor, screams of terror filled the air as Techno ran through the room, finding an exit and leaving through it immediately. I did the same, leaving into an exit and pulling out my normal mask from a pocket inside of my suit jacket. I knew I was going to need it.

"Get Tommy!" Schlatt called out from somewhere, making me rush back into the room, just in time to see Nix being restrained by one of the guards.

"No! Let me go!" She screamed, and I grit my teeth.

She kept struggling to escape his hold as I walked into the light.

"Let her go. Now." I demanded, wondering how easy it would be to kill him right now.

Nix stopped struggling and looked up, confused at first, and then a look of realization crossed her face.

"Dream, I was wondering if you'd show up tonight!" Schlatt stumbled back onto the stage, bandages wrapped around his arm wound.

"Well here I am." I shrugged, and then gestured to Nix once again. I wasn't going to talk until she was safe.

"You heard him," Schlatt grumbled.

The guard let go, and Nix sprinted to me, gripping onto my arm like her life depended on it. I could feel her shaking, and I had to restrain myself from turning around and taking the guards life.

"YOU KILLED HIM!"

The mostly empty ballroom stood still as Niki walked closer to the stage, tears streaming down her face.

Damn, I didn't think Niki had it in her, but she was braver than I thought.

"I did fucking kill him Niki. What the hell do you want?" Schlatt complained, taking out a cigarette and lighting it.

"How could you do that? And after everything that he's done for you?" Niki demanded.

"You've just been a thorn in my side ever since I assumed office-" Schlatt argued back with her.

"I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO BE HERE!" Niki spat out, her voice shutting him up.

"Niki, please quiet down." Quackity warned, peeking glances at Schlatt.

"Fuck her, I'm done with her. You can leave if you want." Schlatt dismissed her nonchalantly.

Nix starts to say something, but I stop her, taking her hand into my own, and squeezing it. I know she wanted to defend her friend, but things were very fragile right now, and I didn't want her in more danger.

Nix stayed silent.

Niki's face fell, her anger turning into despair.

"But where will I go?" She whispers, just as Wilbur enters, and takes a stand in front of her.

He's a fucking Madman for coming here, Schlatt won't hesitate to kill him.

"Hello Schlatt," Wilbur smiled, his head turning to the side. It reminded me of Nix and the way her head tilted whenever she was confused. "You actually murdered Tubbo?"

"You actually let him do that?" Schlatt questioned in response, making it clear that he was ready to blame Techno and Wilbur for all of this.

Technoblade enters from the shadows, joining Wilbur's side. So he is on Wilbur's side. Interesting.

"Anyways Wilbur, I'm pretty upset. I mean, Tubbo was a good friend of mine. Or so I thought." Schlatt sighed, feigning sadness.

"You sounded like you were going to murder another person. You sounded like you were going to go for Niki." Wilbur stepped closer, and Niki shrunk back in fear.

"I might murder Niki, actually." Schlatt agreed, smiling darkly in her direction.

I didn't move, knowing Technoblade would willingly take on everyone in this room before letting Schlatt kill his friends.

"Niki, just run. Run now." Wilbur commanded.

Niki took one look around the room and then sprinted out with Wilbur and Techno following in tow.

"Start taking shots at her, boys!" Schlatt called out with a laugh. He then turned back to face us and shook his head.

"This goddamn festival has fallen apart."

An understatement.

"So, what are you thinking about, big man?" Schlatt sighed as he dropped down onto his throne from earlier, now splattered with blood stains from Tubbo.

"Well, you did just threaten to kill a lot of people." I state, not knowing how this was going to play out.

"Only Tubbo....and Niki. But that doesn't impact you, buddy?"

"No." I responded quickly. It was kind of true, of course I didn't want anyone to die, but I didn't know Tubbo or Niki very well, so I wouldn't have been destroyed over it.

I felt Nix slowly slip her hand out of mine, making me tense up. I didn't even think about how that sounded to her, these were her best friends.

"Okay. Then let's discuss some things, shall we?" Schlatt replied while extending his arms, and then hissing back in pain when raising his injured arm.

"Fine," I nod.

Quackity, Fundy, and Schlatt's bodyguards watched patiently from the sidelines as Nix and I walked closer to his throne, standing only a couple feet away. I made sure to keep Nix slightly behind me.

"First thing on the table is Nix," Schlatt smiled, gesturing towards her.

Oh, fuck this.

"I'm sorry?" She gave a dry laugh.

"What?" I reply harshly, hoping Schlatt isn't dumb enough to say anything in front of this many people.

"Well, I think we've let her run around and play fake warrior long enough, wouldn't you agree?" Schlatt shrugged.

"What are you even-"

"I don't know what you mean, Schlatt." I respond sharply, cutting Nix off.

"Hmm, maybe I should cut to the chase then." Schlatt straightens himself up, "She is supposed to be part of my cabinet, and I request her presence back at Manberg."

"I'm not going back-" Nix starts, but I answer for her.

"Nix is a citizen of the SMP Territory. She doesn't associate with you anymore."

"Careful, Dream. I might consider this an attack on our nation. A hostage situation?" Schlatt frowned darkly, meeting my stare head on.

He was playing a dangerous game, one that I would no doubt win.

"I'm not a hostage-"

"We might have a war in our midst-" Schlatt started.

"WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP FOR A SECOND?" Nix yells, breaking my stare on Schlatt.

Quackity lets out a low whistle and Fundy tries to hold back a snicker.

"Jesus christ, and I thought I talk too much sometimes." She huffs, and then takes a step forward so that she is ahead of me.

"I'm not a hostage, I'm not an object, and I'm not someone who likes to be talked over. I have made my OWN choice to stay with Dream, and I don't owe you anything, Schlatt. And if you think that for one moment, I would EVER consider siding with you after what you just did to Tubbo, to Niki?" Nix slowly walks towards him, "Then you're the dumbest person in this room."

"Damn." I chuckled. I could get used to this side of Nix.

She swiveled back to me and I immediately stopped laughing.

"You're not off the hook either, idiot." Nix fumed.

Oh boy.

"Get his ass!" Quackity hooted from the sidelines.

"Fine. Have it your way, Nix. But this does put our nations in rocky waters." Schlatt sighed.

"Men." Nix muttered, crossing her arms and going back to stand at my side.

"What else did you want to discuss? Or was that it?" I asked, tapping my foot with impatience.

"Well I was going to ask how all of this impacts our two nations peace pact." Schlatt grumbled, putting air quotes around the word peace.

Ha. Fuck the peace pact.

"If that's it, then Nix and I should get going." I state, giving a short nod towards Quackity and Fundy, and then take off to the big double doors near the other end of the ballroom.

Schlatt let out a short laugh while pulling himself up off of his throne.

"Cheers, Dream." Schlatt said from behind me.

I wait until Nix follows me out, and we each get onto our horses, heading back to Alyssa's

"I cannot believe you!" Nix seethes, throwing open the front door and marching into the living room. Alyssa and Callahan, still dressed up, turn to look at us from their spot on the couch.

"Me? Why?" I calmly shut the door and cross my arms, leaning against the wall.

"Hmm, maybe the fact that you said you weren't going to the festival and then you did? Or how you wouldn't let me speak for myself in front of Schlatt?" She threw her hands up in irritance.

Alyssa and Callahan continued to watch us argue, both of them knowing how dangerous the situation is already.

"Oh come on now. You're overreacting." I shake my head. Was it really that big of a deal that I showed up when I said I wasn't going to?

"Or how we danced together....Or how you haven't even asked if I'm okay after I just watched Tubbo die in front of me?" Her voice cracked at the last part, and I instantly felt a gross feeling in my stomach.

Pushing off the wall, I go to comfort her, then stop, keeping my distance. I don't know if she wants me to...If  we are there yet.

"Oh god." She whispers, holding herself.

Tears roll down her face as she brings a hand over her mouth, looking like she might be sick.

Fuck, this wasn't how things should've gone.

"I hate him." She mutters under her breath.

"Who?" I take a step closer.

"Technoblade....I hate him." She decides.

"He was pressured. I don't think he's with Schlatt." I tread carefully, trying to rationalize with her.

"I don't care, he didn't need to kill Tubbo."

"If he didn't want Schlatt to suspect his loyalty to Wilbur, that was probably the smartest decision to make. I probably would've done the...nevermind." I stop myself, wishing I hadn't even started that thought.

"Tubbo was just a KID! Tommy is just a KID, neither of them should have to be going through these things." Nix sobs, her anger swiftly turning into sadness.

"You're right," I agreed quietly.

"YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO SPEAK!" Nix yells back, her eyes meeting mine.

"YOU'RE the reason this is all happening."

"Right, I'm ALWAYS the bad guy." I raise my voice. "It's always Dream's fault. He has no soul, no wants, no feelings!"

I don't want to fight with her. I really don't, but words just keep spilling from my mouth before I can stop them.

"Well, maybe if you showed emotions people would think you had some!" Nix argues back.

"I know it's easy for you to say, Nix. You basically let your emotions control you." I taunt.

"There is nothing wrong with showing emotion!" She shouts.

"Yes there is! It's weakness! It's attachment!" My voice thundered back.

Shit. Well there it is. Everything's out on the table now.

Nix shrinks back, a look on her face that holds so many emotions at once, I can't tell what she thinks of that statement.

"I...I need to process things. Goodnight." Nix says harshly, quickly leaving to her room. 

"Dream! Her friend just died, have some fucking sympathy!" Alyssa stood up, crossing her arms.

"I know...I-"

"I think you both need some time to cool off. Callahan and I are going to bed. I think you should too." Alyssa advises, and leaves with Callahan.

I hear their door shut, and I stand there, more conflicted in that moment than I've ever been in my whole life. I didn't mean things the way I said them. If there was a way to go back and try again...

I sigh, and something within me moves my legs until I'm in the long hallway, looking at her door.

I should leave her alone.

I start to leave, when I hear sobs coming from the small library at the end of the hallway. I don't hesitate to walk in, seeing her on her knees, sobbing. Without thinking I sat down with her, pulling her into my arms and just holding her there. I don't know what else to do or say, but I just hope that me being there is enough.

After a while, her tears subsided and her breathing steadied, but she didn't try and shrug me off.

"I don't think I can cry anymore. Like at all. I promise you there is not a drop of water left in my body." She sniffles, letting her head rest on my shoulder.

I chuckle lightly, rubbing small circles onto her back in a method rhythm.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

She freezes, waiting for me to continue.

"I'm sorry." I start again, my voice empathetic and raw. "I know that you are going through loss right now, and I shouldn't have continued arguing with you. I'm also sorry that I shot Tommy. I'm sorry that the war escalated so violently. I don't enjoy death, and I....I do have feelings. I just find it hard to trust people with them." I admit. "I've really enjoyed getting to know you, Nix. And I know this sounds horrible, but I'm kind of glad that all of this happened, otherwise I probably wouldn't know you at all."

She pulled herself out of my arms, and I thought she was going to tell me to leave.

"We must both be fucked up, because I feel the same way."

I laughed lightly, relieved that she doesn't hate me. But now I'm wondering what this all means. 

"Ow!" I wince as Nix socks my arm. "What was that for?"

"You fucking danced with me and never said anything!" She complains angrily, her cheeks bright red.

I wheezed at that, and she attempted to punch me again but I caught her wrists before she could.

"You really didn't recognise me?" I tease, not letting go. 

"I...well, you..." Nix's face somehow gets more red, and I laugh again.

"You said I looked beautiful." She taunts back, and I let go of her hands. It was my turn to be embarrassed.

"I said your hair looked beautiful." I tried to correct her, but she just giggled even harder.

"Sure." She nodded her head.

There was a comfortable silence that settled between us, and I was so glad I decided to check on her.

"Hey, Dream?"

"Hmmm?"

"Can I...well at the ball I was going to...." Nix stumbled, trying to ask something.

"Are you good?" I said playfully.

"You were going to let me take off your mask." She rushed out, looking away after saying it.

I was quiet for a moment, making sure that I was still okay with showing her. I was. I trust her, now more than ever.

I gently take hold of her hands, getting her attention.

"You're right. I must've been smoking something." I joked quietly, while bringing her hands to the back of my head, where the string of my mask was.

I dropped my hands as she pulled the elastic, slowly moving the ceramic mask off of my face.

And then she was looking at me. No mask. No safety net.

"You're pretty." she says softly, and I smile wide, thankful that I did it.

"And you have freckles." She grins back, her eyes studying my face.

She's so fucking cute.

"I should've done this sooner, it's such an ego boost." I lean against my hand, watching how excited she looked.

"Shut up." She laughs, looking away.

"You're pretty too." I reply softly, meaning it.

She looked back at me again, her cheeks rosy from blushing. I stared at her, memorizing how she looked in the moonlight, her eyes shining and her soft smile.

But I also saw the exhausted look in her eyes, and knew she probably needed rest.

"It's so late that it's morning already." I point out.

"I didn't even notice." She looks out the window.

"You should get some rest." I advise gentilly.

"You should too." She replies, looking at me again.

"I don't need sleep." I respond lightly, and I get up, stretching my arms.

I pretend not to notice her staring at me while I do so, and pull her up off the ground.

"I don't care. Promise me that you'll sleep." She demands as we walk to her room.

"Fine. I promise."

"Good." She nods, and then opens her door. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I smile.

That was the first night I got good sleep in a long time.

Waking up refreshed and ready for the day's challenges, I head to Alyssa's house.

"Good morning everyone." I walked into the kitchen, taking a sausage off a plate of food.

"Both of you need to stop stealing the sausage!" Alyssa scolds, and both Nix and I stare back blankly while chewing.

When Alyssa turned around, I shot another hand out and quickly took one of the sausage links, shoving it into my mouth without her knowledge.

Nix looked like she was about to choke on the food in her mouth from laughing,  while I was also trying not to laugh. Nix elbows me in the stomach, putting a finger to her lips in a shushing manner.

"I know you just took another one." Alyssa spoke harshly, still with her back to us.

"Scatter!" Nix yells as she sprints out of the kitchen, with me following closely behind.

"We can't risk taking another, she might cut us off forever." I sighed, picking up silverware and setting them on the table.

"But I need sausage! I think we might need to find a new dealer." She shudders at the thought.

"I think the only thing we can do to appease her is set the table." I respond, motioning for Nix to grab the glass cups.

"True." She agrees, and then reaches for one of the cups.

Her hand misses the cup, instead knocking it off the table.

"Shit!" Nix curses, grabbing a broom from nearby and trying to clean up her mess.

"Language." I call out in amusement.

"What, are you Bad now?" She teases back.

Nix leaves for a second, then comes back into the dining room, walking towards the table. I hear her stumble and hit the table, making me look over.

"Nix? Are you okay?" I move to her side, putting a hand on her arm in concern.

"Yeah, sorry I just spaced out I guess." She waves away, but she seems a little off balance.

"How much sleep did you get?" I ask worryingly, taking off my mask to get a better look at her.

"Oh." Nix tensed up when she saw my face.

I backed away, putting my mask back on.

Maybe it was too soon to do that.

"Sorry." I said quietly.

"No no no," She grabbed my hand right before I could secure the ceramic smile back on. "I like seeing your face. I just wasn't expecting it."

"Right." I smiled in relief, moving the mask to the side of my head like Drista did.

"Anyways, back to the question. How much sleep did you get? You look tired." I dropped my hand down to my side, but still kept her palm in mine, enjoying the feeling of reassurance I got from it.

"Is it the eyebags?" She asks sarcastically, dodging the question.

"Yes." I responded and chuckled as she gave me a death glare. "But seriously."

"I actually didn't sleep at all last night." Nix says slowly.

"Nix." I sighed, clicking my tongue in disappointment.

She needed sleep, especially with what she's going through with Tubbo dying.

"What? I can't help it if I was kept up by my nerves last night." She shrugged, filling each cup with apple juice, the superior drink.

"Nerves huh?" I smiled, thinking about last night.

Nix blushed, looking away.

"I probably had the best night of sleep I've ever had in my life last night." I comment, walking back into the kitchen and readjusting my mask.

When I came back out, Nix was staring at a piece of paper, looking like she had seen a ghost.

"Nix?" I ask softly, and she looked up at me. "What's that?"

"A...a note from Niki." She stumbles over my words, "Tubbo's alive."

"How?" I respond confusedly.

We saw him die, how could he be alive? Maybe the rockets weren't as fatal as I thought.

"I-I don't know, Niki didn't say." She shook her head, scanning the rest of the note.

"Let me see." I reach for the letter.

"No!" Nix pulled back from me, and I drew my hand back quietly.

She doesn't trust me. That's...that's okay. Baby steps.

"I mean...sorry I didn't mean for it to come out like that, I'm just trying to understand what happened." She apologises, and I nod, backing away from her a bit. I don't want to make her uncomfortable.

"Right." I clear my throat.

"Techno.." Nix growls, crumpling up the piece of paper in her palm.

"Hmmm?" I shift my weight, watching her.

"Techno better thank god that Tubbo's alive, otherwise I don't know what I would've done to him." She grumbled.

"Not to burst your bubble, but you'd barely be able to touch a hair on his head." I chuckled.

"Wanna bet?" Nix turned to look at me, holding eye contact with me.

Her eyes changed, going from a warm brown to a dark red, almost burgundy color, with flecks of orange, shining like embers.

I slowly back away from her, pulling off my mask, my eyes wide.

She shut her eyes again, and what looked like a layer of fire coated her body, but just enough that it only flickered and emitted heat. She opened her eyes, and they were the same burgundy color as before.

"Woah." I mumbled out, my eyes running over her. Did she just change into her Phoenix form?

She looked down at herself and gasped.

"AHH GET IT OFF OF ME!" Nix screamed, running around and looking in each of the cups for water.

"Nix."

"HELP!" She swatted at the fire, attempting to pat it out.

"Nix!" I called out, but she continued ignoring me.

"NIX!" I waved my hand in front of her face, trying to get her attention.

"It doesn't hurt..." She marvels, turning her hand over to watch the flames travel across her fingers.

"Nix, I think the fire is coming from you." I say gently, making sure not to touch her but hoping my voice is enough to comfort her.

"I..what the fuck?" She mumbles.

"Are you...human?" I ask, like an idiot.

Tears start forming in her eyes, and I know I shouldn't have said that.

"Yes! I mean, I thought so! What's happening to me?" Her body starts trembling as she begins to freak out, hyperventilating.

"Help." She manages out, looking at me with a panicked expression.

"I-" I start to reach for her, but pull back when I remember the flames.

Fuck, fuck, what do I do?

Letting out a noise of frustration, I look into her eyes.

"Deep breaths okay? Just take deep breaths and try to calm down. I'm here with you okay?" I say softly.

Nix nods and tries to inhale and exhale at a steady pace. Eventually she gets there.

"I'm human, right?" She asks shakily, still taking in huge gulps of air.

"Don't freak out again, but I don't think you are." I reply gentilly while rubbing my forehead with the palm of my hand.

So this is how she finds out.

"Oh god." Her head drops.

"Don't worry, we're figuring this out together." I reassure her, and she nods.

"Okay, so..why am I on fire? And why is it not burning my skin off?" Nix sits down on a chair, and then immediately jumps up.

"Wait, I shouldn't sit on this chair right?" She looks for burn marks.

"Huh...I guess it didn't burn the chair." I study the chair intently. We're getting somewhere. 

"What if..." She trails off, getting an idea.

Nix puts her hand on the back of the chair and it lights ablaze, the wood burning quickly.

"Shit, Nix!" I curse, and attempt to put it out.

She squeaks in surprise and backs away.

"Breakfast is ready!" Alyssa walks into the dining room and stops instantly, dropping the tray of food in surprise.

"What the flying fuck?" Alyssa screamed, her eyes wide in horror.

"The chair!" I shout, running to get water from the kitchen.

"But-"

"I know! Help me with the stupid chair Alyssa!" I yell from the kitchen.

This is not good.

I ran back to the chair, my mask on again, and dumped a pitcher of water on what was left of the chair, the charred remains barely useful.

"Don't do that again please." I sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"I won't." Nix whispers, wrapping her arms around herself.

Callahan finally ran into the room, curious as to what all the commotion was. He took one look at Nix, and then looked back at me with shocked eyes.

"Nix is on fire? What? I had no idea." I communicate sarcastically with Callahan. 

Callahan notices the plate of sausage on the ground, and drops to his knees, destroyed over the loss of breakfast.

"Yes, I am also very sad that breakfast is on the floor and not the table too, Callahan." I state exasperatedly.

Nix lets out a small giggle and looks up, a small smile on her face.

Reminder, thank Callahan later for making Nix laugh.

I looked towards the kitchen, and Callahan caught on, going into the room to check on Alyssa.

Sighing, I turned back to Nix.

"Nix?"

"Yeah?" She mumbled.

"Do you have any idea how to extinguish yourself?" I ask quietly.

"No," She replied with a deep breath.

"That's fine. I wanna try something," I move in front of her, rearranging my mask to the side of my face so that she could see my eyes. Here we go.

"I think that your fevers are tied to this," I said while gesturing at her body. "So if your fevers happen when you're stressed or angry or whatever, then maybe you can use this to your advantage if you know how to start and stop it."

"I'm following you." She nods.

"So do you remember anything different from this time than other times where you've had fevers?"

"Uh...well this time I tried as hard as possible not to faint." She supplies.

"There we go, so if fainting prevents you from catching on fire, maybe it will do the same right now?" I theorize, hoping I was right.

"What are you suggesting?" She asks.

"I'm saying, what if you purposely make yourself faint right now? Maybe the fire will stop?" I suggest.

"I can try..." She agrees hesitantly.

She closes her eyes for a second, and when she opens them her pupils are back to brown.

"I think I did it-" Nix stumbles, then passes out.

Risking it, I catch her, lowering her to the ground slowly. It didn't burn like last time, her skin just felt very warm.

Only a few seconds passed before she started thrashing around, looking like she was trying to escape something.

"Nix!" I touched her arm, trying to wake her up.

She sat up quickly, breathing heavily.

"Are you alright?" I ask softly.

"Yeah...sorry. Am I still..." She trails off, not finishing her own sentence.

"No, you're...extinguished?" I answer, looking for the right word.

"Good." She lets out a sigh of relief, slowly but surely getting up off the floor.

"I think we should leave for a bit, I uh...I think you gave Alyssa a scare." I rubbed the back of my head, walking over to the front door.

Nix followed quietly, and we left the house.

"Dream?" Nix whispered, walking alongside me towards the community house.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

"What? What do you have to be sorry about?" I ask incredulously, cocking my head to the side.

"Well I- I don't know. Alyssa? The fact that I'm not human, that I set a chair on fire? That I ruined breakfast." She rambles on.

She can't seriously be blaming herself for something that was obviously out of her control?

"You're right, you should apologise." I face forward again, my voice becoming serious.

"Sorry." She shrunk back.

"Now what will we eat for breakfast? The sausage we lost can never be recovered." I sigh dramatically, opening the door to the community house and holding it open for Nix.

"Oh." She responded.

"Come on, that was a joke. You have nothing to apologise for. Maybe the chair and breakfast actually..." I pretend to stop and think deeply about it, hoping she would cheer up.

She looked away, the frown never leaving her face.

I missed her laughter. I missed her smile. This was not going to take that from me.

"Nix," I touch her shoulder, "Look at me."

Taking a deep breath, She looks up, and I move the mask to the side of my face.

"I promised you that we would figure this out together, right?" I continue when she nods. "And I'm keeping my promise. Please don't stress about this, we will deal with this together, okay?"

"Okay, together doesn't sound too scary." She smiles, but I can tell it's forced.

Only a little satisfied, I pull her into a hug, making up for earlier when I couldn't comfort her because of the fire. She hugged back, and I smiled, hoping she knew she wasn't alone.

"Okay, so sausage for breakfast is off the table, literally." I joke, pulling away from her.

Nix rolls her eyes and walks around me, looking through various chests for food.

"Our options are stale bread, or slightly mushy apples." She sighs, wrinkling her nose while digging through the chests.

"Stale bread it is." I shrugged, catching the almost rock solid loaf when She tossed it to me. 

"So what's on the to-do list for today? Besides finding out that I can burst into flames at will." She asks while chewing a piece of bread.

"Actually, I received a letter this morning from Schlatt. He didn't like where we left things off last night." I admitted, annoyed by the thought.

"Alright, let's go have tea with the devil." She sighed.

Laughing and hooking arms with her, we both take another bite of our breakfast and cringe.

Once we arrived in Manberg, we were instantly greeted with loud yelling and a very pissed off couple.

"I know exactly what I'm talking about, and you know nothing!" Schlatt growled, using a pickaxe to chip away at the whitehouse building, which had already been half destroyed somehow.

"Alright, no no no, fuck you!" Quackity responded, seething with rage. "Find yourself another vice president. Fundy had the right idea leaving."

"Damn." I exclaim quietly.

"You literally have the citizen moral so fucking low to the ground, this place might've been better with different kinds of leadership! You're being a dick, man!" Quackity annunciated each word with his hands, only for Schlatt to roll his eyes and scoff.

"Why don't you learn how to be a real fucking man!" Schlatt taunted.

Quackity flinched back, and I could see tears start to form.

"I think it's time for you to go." Schlatt said coldly, turning away from his vice president.

Quackity stood still, a tear or two falling from his face.

But then in the blink of an eye, he grabbed a nearby bow and arrow off the ground, aiming it directly at Schlatt, who was facing the other direction, still tearing down the whitehouse.

I stiffen beside Nix, wondering if he was actually going to kill Schlatt. Quackity released the arrow, hitting Schlatt in the shoulder, the same one that he had been shot in last night.

Schlatt let out a string of curses, turning around to Quackity, who had already taken off down the hill, running towards the woods...running towards Pogtopia.

"GET OUTTA HERE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" Schlatt gritted out, his voice booming across the empty area.

Schlatt hobbled down the whitehouse steps, finding the nearest medic and getting them to treat his arm. Nix and I left our hiding spot and slowly made our way to where Schlatt was.

"Hey, big man! And Nix, what a lovely surprise!" Schlatt's voice was completely different from what it had been only moments ago.

"Glad you're enjoying this." Nix crosses her arms.

"I am, and good news! The vice president spot just opened up in my cabinet!" Schlatt said enthusiastically, making direct eye contact with her. "You'd make a great vice president, and I already know how good you look in a pencil skirt-"

"What did you want to talk about Schlatt?" I moved in front of Nix, not wanting the bastard to look at her.

"Right, so let's cut to the chase here. I need your support." Schlatt smiled.

A snort left Nix's mouth from behind me, and I let out a small chuckle along with it.

"Why would I support you, Schlatt?" I question, not hiding the laughter in my tone.

"Well, I have something very powerful that you would be very interested in." Schlatt replied, gesturing to us to move further away from where there were citizens.

"What would that be?" I ask interestedly.

This better be good.

"This," Schlatt produced a small book from inside his suit, holding it up for us to see. "A revival book."

The book was leather, and on the front cover there was some kind of totem, with eyes glowing green.

With Schlatt's track record of  strange overpowered knowledge, I didn't doubt for a second that what he was holding was an actual revive book.

I stood quietly, staring intently at the book in Schlatt's hands.

"It can bring anyone back from the dead, as many times as you want." Schlatt continued on, noticing the interest in my stare. "With this book, death isn't permanent."

I could revive anyone? If millions died in war I could bring them back?

"Holy shit." Nix whispered.

Nix. If Nix ever died, I could revive her...

"So, if I support you from now on, you will give me that book, which holds the power to revive the dead?" I ask warily.

Schlatt nodded, smirking.

No fucking way is he just handing this over like it's nothing.

"What's the catch?" My voice hardened.

"If I die, you have to revive me. Only string attached." Schlatt replies.

"Huh." I cross my arms, sizing up Schlatt. "You drive a hard bargain."

"Hardly." Schlatt disagreed. "I would say your side of the deal is sweeter."

"Which makes me cautious." I shrug. 

"And I don't ever have to give the book back?"

"Nope, just revive me if I die."

I hesitate, then stick my hand out to Schlatt.

"Deal."

That was one of the worst decisions I'd ever make in my life.

After that night, I suggested Nix stay in the castle with Eret, not knowing how Alyssa was dealing with everything.

Thankfully, Eret was overjoyed to host Nix in his house for as long as she wants. Every morning, I would walk with Nix to the training area, knowing that all of this was probably taking a toll on her, and not wanting her to be alone at a time like this.

We would spar for a few hours, Then I would walk her home. Eret invited me to stay for dinner once, but I just couldn't do it. I really did miss our old routine, Alyssa's delicious cooked meals and then reading in the library until my eyes were shutting involuntarily. Laughter, warm smiles, and a peace that was only broken once you left the house. So I never stayed.

Nix had also started acting differently ever since I agreed to aid Schlatt in the war. Trust me, I hated myself too, but I had a good reason to team up with him. Now that I have the revival book, I wouldn't have to stress or worry about anyone, I could just revive them. This was the best outcome. This was the right decision.

As the dawn of the sixteenth passed, I made my way to Eret's castle, hoping to get two things done before the violence started.

"Eret!" I called out, seeing him dig through a chest.

"Hello Dream!" Eret responds cheerfully, "What can I do for you?"

"Two things. One, is Nix here?"

"She is, but she's asleep last time I checked." Eret answered.

"Okay. Two, we need to talk about the war today. Let's move to the throne room?" I suggest, already walking there without waiting for an answer. This is going to be rough, but it has to be done, for everyone's safety, including Eret's.

We move into the throne room, and Eret sits down, waiting for me to speak.

"What do you think gives you power?" I ask.

Eret stays silent, but his face is set in a frown.

"Is it your crown? Is it the fact that you're king?" I continue.

"I think respect is a big thing." Eret mumbles.

"If respect is the only thing protecting you from a knife in the back, respect is nothing, right?" I reason.

"What are you saying, Dream?" Eret asks, a frown still present on his face.

"I'm saying you don't have power because of your crown, you have power because of me." I state. "Am I wrong?"

"You're not wrong." Eret finally admits.

"All I'm saying is that because you are king of the SMP territory, you cannot be involved in either side. I'm telling you to stay out of the conflict." I demanded.

He stayed silent.

"Alright?" I asked again, this time making sure he caught on to my tone.

"I...understand." Eret replies defeatedly.

I leave the throne room, praying that Eret does what I say and stays out of the war.

"Hey, Dream!" I hear Nix's voice calling out from behind me.

"Nix! I was hoping to see you at some point today, but Eret said you were still asleep and I didn't want to wake you." I wait for her to join my side, then walk with her along the oak path.

"Well...I'm awake." She clears her throat and gives me a weak smile. "Big day, huh?"

Right. Here comes the hard part.

Taking off my mask, I stop Nix from walking any further.

"Look, Nix. I feel really horrible that things have escalated to war, and I know that I'm going against people you care about, but that book is so important-" I ramble, trying to somehow explain things to her.

"Please, Dream I get it. This war was inevitable and you're right about the book." She interrupts me, placing her hand in mine. "But I don't know if I can fight against them. I don't know if I can, Dream."

My heart breaks a little while watching her pained expression, and I would give anything to make her smile again.

I need to keep her safe.

Gathering my courage, I take a deep breath.

"Nix, I need to ask a favor of you."

"What?" She asks curiously.

"Can you...will you..." I stumble to get my words out. "Please, will you stay here?"

"Sure, unless Eret's kicking me out any time soon." She jokes.

"No-I mean, will you stay out of the war? Just stay neutral." I correct myself.

"Um," She mumbles.

That wasn't much of an answer.

"I know you don't want to fight them, so don't. Just stay here, where it's safe." I try to smile reassuringly, but it falls flat.

Just please say yes. I don't want to fight with you. Not today. Not right now.

I feel Nix remove her hand from mine, and I attempt to hide the frown on my face.

"Dream, I can't just-"

"But you can! No one's expecting you to fight!" I argue.

"This is MY country they are fighting over!" Nix exclaims, getting upset.

"But why do you still care about L'Manberg so much! Isn't right here good enough for you?" I shot back frustratedly.

Is here not home to her?

"I-I don't.." She shook her head, neither disagreeing or agreeing.

I take both of her hands into mine, and look directly into her warm brown eyes.

"Nix, I am begging you, please stay here where it's safe, I don't want you to get hurt." I hear my voice crack a little with emotion.

I just want to keep you safe. It would kill me to see her in pain, let alone dead.

There's a long break of silence, my eyes pleading with hers.

"Okay. I'll stay. But only under one condition." She says slowly, making up her mind.

"Of course, anything." I agree, waiting for her to name her price. I would give up anything to know that she was safe.

Nix reaches up, holding my face in her hands, her thumbs running across my cheeks. I shiver, enjoying the delicate touch. I watch her intently, never breaking eye contact. She gently moves her hands through my hair, then to the back of my head, and pulled me down to her, bringing her lips to mine in a soft kiss.

I tense, not expecting her to make the first move. As soon as I got ahold of myself, I push back, putting all of my emotions into the kiss. For a moment, all of my thoughts stilled, and I relished in the feeling of her hands in my hair, and her soft lips pressing against mine. Both of us broke apart, smiling and taking in deep breaths of air.

Holy shit.

"We....we need to kiss more often." I laugh, out of breath.

"I made the first move, it's your turn next." She winks at me.

Goddamn, she was going to be the death of me.

"How about one more kiss for good luck?" I try my luck, a dumb grin on my frace.

"You just got one. How about I kiss you again after you get back." She teases, backing away.

"I'll be waiting." I promise, deciding that there was no fucking way I was going to die today and not get that second kiss.

My wishes were granted when I found myself still alive and well, watching Wilbur give Tommy, and then Tubbo presidency over L'Manberg. I stand shocked, but still alive when Wilbur pushes the button, blowing up hundreds of tnt. I remain alive when Technoblade summons a wither.

The only time I feel dead is when Callahan leads me to what was left of the button room, Where Nix is laying silent and still on the ground.

I only feel like I can breathe again when I test her pulse, and feel her skin emitting heat like it usually does after she passes out from a fever.

Callahan helped me bring her back to Eret's castle, which was technically now George's castle, but that was a story for another time.

Deciding to let her rest, I leave her room, knowing what I have to do now that the war is over.

The basement to the castle is cold and dark, showing signs that no one had been there in a while. Entering the dungeon system, I open the first cell, and step inside, trying not to lose confidence.

You can do this.

I take the revive book out of my pocket, opening it to the page that I had read through earlier. I begin to chant the incantation, and only look up from the book once I've finished reading the words.

Nothing happens, and for a moment I wonder if the book really is a scam.

Then, green particles start growing out of thin air, changing into the form of a man. I watch silently as the particles disappear, leaving an unconscious Schlatt on the floor in front of me.

It actually fucking works? What the hell?

Not waiting for him to wake up, I chain his arms, making sure he can't try and escape.

Well now what do I do?

I don't feel like sitting around and waiting for him to get up, so I go back upstairs, deciding to check up on Nix.

Opening the door, I hear a yelp, and look up to see Nix staring back with wide eyes.

"Dream!" She springs forward, almost knocking me over with the force of her hug.

"Hey there." I chuckle, noticing her enthusiasm.

"I'm so glad you're okay, I don't know what I would've done if..." She trails off, and I already know how she's feeling.

"Don't worry, I'm alright." I assure her, rubbing her back. "Alright enough for that kiss you promised me..."

She laughs at me, and I am so relieved to hear her happy. Nix reaches up, pulling the mask off my face, and going up on her tiptoes to reach my lips.

To my disappointment, all she gives me is a small peck, then pulls away, a mischievous look in her eyes.

"C'mon, you have to do better than that!" I tsk, playing along.

"Like this?"

She kisses me again, this time going for a little bit longer, but still pulling away much too soon.

"No, let me show you." I shake my head and then gently yank her forward, tilting her chin with my hand and bringing our lips together. The kiss felt different, more desperation and relief pouring out of both of us.

I pull back first, and a small sigh of disappointment left Nix's mouth.

Trust me, I wish we could have gone on for longer too. But we have a dead guy to deal with.

"We'll have time later, for now I need to show something." I say smiling, leading her away from her room.

"Okay, but I need to talk to you about what happened today." She swallows.

"Of course, but trust me, you'll want to see this." I nod, leading her down into the dungeon.

We arrived, and I was slightly surprised to see Schlatt awake.

"Nix! What a lovely surprise!" He greets, smiling at her.

"Schlatt? What the fuck are you doing here?" She exclaims, staring down at him.

"That's no way to greet your old best friend!" He scolds, like a teacher scolding his student.

Nix looks to me for an explanation.

"What is he doing here?"

"Getting his end of the bargain." I grumble.

"He...revived you?" Nix flipped around again, looking at Schlatt.

"Sure did, sweetheart," I tense, about ready to make him wish he stayed dead. "One moment I'm dead as a doornail, the next I'm behind these bars, living and breathing again." Schlatt shrugged.

"And be careful with what you say, your life is still in my hands." I threaten with a growl.

"Technically everyone's life is in your hands, huh? Don't go power hungry." Schlatt laughed, which turned into a cough.

"What's wrong with him?" Nix asks quietly.

"He died of a heart attack, he's probably feeling some symptoms." I respond.

"He didn't even die in battle? What a disaster." She replies, shaking her head.

"Hey! The leader has to stay safe to command his army!" Schlatt defends, trying to stand but the chains pull him back down. 

"No, the leader has to fight with her army, otherwise what's the point?" Nix argues back.

That's my girl.

"Some lousy leader you were then. You didn't even know I died!" Schlatt chuckled.

He's fucking asking for it at this point.

"Wasn't the whole point of you staying in the SMP territory so that you could learn to fight? Aren't you able to hold your own against Dream, one of the greatest PVPers of all time? Why weren't you out there, fighting for your country?"

Nix steps backwards, bumping into me, making me feel very over protective. I grab onto  her hand and use my thumb to rub circles onto her skin.

"Shut up, or I'll kill you again." I seethe, barely restraining myself.

"Not yet, not until I can reveal the truth." Schlatt states ominously, looking away from me and instead to Nix.

"The truth?" She murmurs, turning her head to look at me.

I stay silent.

"Nix, why do you think I wanted to keep you in Manberg so badly?" Schlatt asks.

We are not doing this right now.

"No, Schlatt." I warn, dropping Nix's hand and focusing my attention on him.

"Any ideas, Nix?" He continued.

"Schlatt!" I raised my voice, walking over to the bars and wrapping my hands around the bars.

"What's going on Dream?" Nix questions from behind me.

"Nothing I- Schlatt's speaking nonsense." I shook my head, not knowing how to fix this.

"You aren't human, are you?" Schlatt smirks.

Silence.

There's no going back now.

"Are you?"

"No." She responds quickly.

"So then I guess the question is, what are you?"

I just stand there in silence, not knowing what to say or do.

"I'm...."

"I know the answer." Schlatt chuckles.

"What? What am I?" She asks quickly, and I feel guilt for not telling her earlier.

I should've told her.

"You're a super weapon. Something that could win any war, no matter who or what it is up against. You breathe in air and exhale flames, leaving the earth charred and ugly. You are the one and only phoenix left on earth."

Why the fuck did he explain it so nicely to her, but so shit to me?

"What?" She whispers, "What are you even talking about? None of this makes sense! And what even is a phoenix anyways?"

"Tell me, have you been experiencing any fevers lately? Any accidental burnings of objects out of your control? Weird mood swings?" Schlatt taunts.

"That just sounds like a bad period to me." She jokes.

Schlatt and I stay quiet.

"A phoenix is a very rare species of hostile-"

"Wait, I'm a hostile? Like a zombie or a skeleton?" She shrieks, making me subconsciously go to her side, holding her face in my hands.

"Calm down, Nix. We don't want you to go all flamey again. You're safe." I whisper, sliding over my mask enough for her to see one of my eyes. I tried to keep my expression warm and gentle, but I knew I couldn't hide the panic I was feeling.

"Damn, I kinda wanted to see what her phoenix form looked like." Schlatt sighs.

That's it. That's the last fucking straw.

I quickly pull my mask back over my face, dart into the cell and grab Schlatt's battered shirt, yanking him against the prison bars.

"You better learn to shut the fuck up, and fast." I snarl, increasing my grip on Schlatt's shirt, just enough so that he was gasping for breath.

I might just fucking kill him. 

"Dream...I want to kill him just as badly too, but he seems to know more than I do. Please let him talk." Nix pleads, and I reluctantly comply, moving away but keeping my eyes on Schlatt.

"You know who else seems to know more than you do? Your little boyfriend here." Schlatt gestures over to me.

"What?" Nix questions, and I realise that this is when every mistake I made with her comes back to bite me.

"Dream was curious why I was keeping such a sharp eye on you, he's too perceptive. After the elections, he got me a little too drunk and I ended up spilling the beans. I explained that you were a rare phoenix, that you had the power to burn down thousands of villages with just the flick of one of your flames. You just didn't know it yet. No one did." Schlatt smiles menacingly.

"Y-you knew?" Nix breathes out, swiveling her head to look at me.

I can't meet her eyes. I can't.

"You knew and you didn't tell me?" She asks again, even more heartbroken.

"Yes..." I mutter, looking away from Schlatt but keeping my eyes on the floor.

"Dream?...." Her voice shakes.

I can't face her. Coward.

"Why do you think he's so protective over you? Why did he keep you alive even though you were an enemy? Why did he let you stay with him? Actually, let you was the wrong word choice. Manipulated you to stay with him." Schlatt taunts.

That's not true, I wanted to say, but my mouth felt like it was filled with sand.

"All this time....you were using me, to keep yourself in a position of power?" Nix said slowly.

"Let me get this right, you convinced me to turn on my friends, to stay out of the war, to live in your territory, all because I'm some sort of freak with powers?" She grits out, and I feel heat emitting from her.

"It wasn't like that...at least it isn't like that anymore." I plead, finally looking at her, but now she wouldn't look at me.

"So yes, you did use me."

I...I wouldn't admit it to myself, but she was right.

".....yes." I whispered, my voice hoarse.

I glanced at Schlatt, and then back towards Nix, noticing the flames starting to grow on her arms.

"Nix..." I reach out.

My hand touched her arm, and I immediately yanked it back, gasping in pain. I looked down at my hand, small blisters already forming on my palm. Fuck.

"Don't chase after me." Nix's voice was steady, lacking emotion.

I, still holding my hand, nodded.

She left us both standing there, silence filling the room.

I just wanted to keep her safe.

Anything to keep her safe.

------------------------------------------------------

Author's notes: Welp, that about wraps it up for Dream's POV. I know it was really long, but I hope this keeps you guys fed for a while! I will come back (hopefully soon) next year, although I'm not entirely sure when since I have a lot going on right now. You all are amazing, and I hope you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year! Love you all and thanks for everything! Have a luminous day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.2K 3.2K 10
- you may have heard of dealing with the devil, but how about dealing with the deity? a dream xd x (fem)reader fic 💚 set in the dream smp AU (post-p...
97.2K 2.9K 57
(Disclaimer! This a romantic relationship with Tommy and I don't want to sexualize him. I will take this down with no hesitation if Tommy or anyone e...
300K 8.9K 37
"I know what it's like to be used! ...and so do you. Stay with me, please." A story in which the reader becomes a Technoblade apologist. ===== Cover...
41.1K 1.1K 19
"please will wake up. you can't leave me yet." the silence that followed only broke her heart more. wilbur soot x (fem) reader :) the story will rev...