𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒 , 𝐋𝐔𝐊...

By scoopsaharrington

𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐋 𝟏-𝟐 & 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊 BEST JATP FANFIC '22 WINNER the boys were connected... More

✨ 𝕙𝕚 !! ✨
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.
𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝟏 - 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒
𝟙 , ghost of you
𝟚 , ghost of us
𝟛 , birthdays and... is that julie?
𝟜 , flashbacks & first kisses
𝟝 , used to be
𝟞 , big news
𝟟 , headaches & hesitations
𝟠 , secrets & reality
𝟡 , a tell
𝟙𝟘 , mental preparation
𝟙𝟙 , regret & confessions
𝟙𝟚 , better
𝟙𝟛 , too many questions
𝟙𝟜 , some bobbie therapy
𝟙𝟝 , whoops
𝟙𝟞 , now or never
𝟙𝟟 , that could work
𝟙𝟠 , tell me everything
𝟙𝟡 , clouded judgement
𝟚𝟘 , unsettling feelings
𝟚𝟙 , needing more
𝟚𝟚 , early risers
𝟚𝟛 , familiar words
𝟚𝟜 , what a time
𝟚𝟝 , my forty year old friend
𝟚𝟞 , spill everything
𝟚𝟟 , that spark
𝟚𝟠 , end
𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞.
𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝟐 - 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐌
1 - the abundant its
2 - the beginning
3 - good listeners
4 - the third crash
5 - happier
6 - still broken
7 - moving on
8 - parents suck
9 - meant to be
10 - traditions
11 - too close
13 - THAT NIGHT , him
14 - to healing
extra, how they met
extra, "can we do it again?"
extra, meeting the boys
extra, "we're playing the orpheum"
extra, lets get married
extra, drivers license
extra, just for a moment
extra, rehearsing with the band
extra, skateboarding with willie
extra, iphones & tiktok pranks
extra, tiktok pranks 2
extra, movie night / jealousy
𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊.
shocks ♪ sunset curve
shocks part two ♪ sunset curve
willie's sister ♪ sunset curve
replaced ♪ sunset curve
tshirt ♪ luke patterson
amp in the rain ♪ reggie peters
back to december ♪ alex mercer
julie's mom ♪ sunset curve
guitar lessons ♪ luke patterson
interviews with the band ♪ the band
new ♪ reggie peters
new2 (lover who can play the bass) ♪ reggie peters
new3 ♪ reggie peters
mad ♪ luke patterson
nightmare ♪ luke patterson
nightmare pt 2 ♪ luke patterson
panic attack ♪ reggie peters
blue for you ♪ reggie peters
student drop off ♪ charlie gillespie

12 - THAT NIGHT , her

539 5 0
By scoopsaharrington

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

1 9 9 7

you sighed as you plopped yourself on your bed, smiling as you turned your head to face the picture frame on your nightstand. of you and luke, you smiled as you stroked it.

it was another day, another day had passed where you hadn't cried over your loss. you still thought of them, of course, but the grief had slightly lifted.

you smiled, and placed the frame back in its place.

the phone right next to it rang, and you stretched your torso farther to pick it up.

"hey." it was bobbie.

"hi bobbie." you smiled, happy to hear his voice, "what's up?" you titled your head so it held the phone in place against your shoulder, and you grabbed the frame again, holding it in your hands, placed on your lap. it always had calmed you that way.

"i was just thinking..." his deep voice came through the phone, "do you remember that night we all hung out at that pizza place?" you heard his chuckle, "luke and alex wanted to try anchovies, and they both ended up throwing up. and we all made fun of your pineapple pizza." you laughed now, remembering how gross the fish topping really was.

"yeah," you muttered, sighing.

he sighed as well, "i drove by that place today," you smiled, loving how whenever either of you got a memory you just had to share it with the other, "i miss them. a lot." he hummed, and your smile dropped as you nodded.

"me too, bobbie."

it was then it hit you, you remembered. luke had driven you home that night. you had stayed for hours at the pizza place, even post vomit, just talking for hours with the band. it was close to midnight, and you all had called it quits.

"i'll drive you home"
his sweet voice echoed in your head, and you shuttered.

"hello?" bobbies voice pulled you out of your daze, and you cleared your throat, shaking your head slightly.

"you ok?" bobbie said it like he already knew what just happened, because it had happen many times, both on the phone and right in front of him.

"n-no, i'm fine, i think i'm just tired." you tried to sound convincing, but bobbies tone proved you wrong.

"alright, just get some sleep, ok?"

you sighed, closing your eyes and letting a few quiet seconds go by, "do you want to come over?"

after you had hung up the phone, you had exactly 20 minutes to yourself before bobbie came over to spend the night. that was plenty of time.

you closed your eyes, knowing you had to finish the flashback for you to feel better.
_______________________________

1 9 9 4

luke had driven the girl home, and it began to pour, so much they had to pull over.

his head rested back against his seat as he put the car in park, "sorry you're not going to make it home." the girl smiled, knowing her parents wouldn't care, and neither did she.

"it's okay." she giggled, being in the car alone with luke was never a problem.

"so," she hummed, "what should we do?"

the pair had talked for hours. they sat on the side of the road, fighting the noise of the rain hitting luke's jeep windshield. they laughed at each other and sang to the radio and spoke of fond memories that their mutual group of friends shared. they hadn't even realized it had hit 2am.

and then, the pair just smiled at each other, finding each other in a moment of silence. the boy had leaned over to kiss the girl that very moment. their first kiss.

it was just then, that moment of pure silence and bliss, that they both had realized that the rain had stopped.

they both pulled apart, sharing a look of shock and disbelief that the other had felt the same way. it was like every bone of theirs was happy, their lips still close enough to share a few breaths as the moment processed in their minds.

and then, she just started to laugh. she laughed and laughed and tilted her head back, leaving the boy to question every decision he had ever made. his head tilted to the side,
was it bad? had he made a mistake?

once the girl finally caught her breath, she forced the sentence out.

"your breath smells like anchovies and vomit." she giggled again, and luke gasped, doubling over in laughter as well. he had forgotten about the whole night in just that second. that one second of bliss.

the pair laughed for what seemed like hours.

he look over his shoulder again though, smiling over at his girl and taking her hand as he put the car back in drive. the pair had left each other extremely happy that night.

and they never stopped laughing until she got out of the car.
_______________________________

1 9 9 7

but all you could do now was smile at the memory that felt like a dream, and wipe the small tear that had left your eye. you know one day you'd feel better, about all of this, today wasn't quite that day yet.

you shifted down in your bed, and began to count all the memories just like that one as you waited for bobbie to arrive.

-

"wanna go see the boys?"

it was a sentence that for a while, confused you. you would, just for a second, forget reality and think it was literal. you'd go see your friends and spend hours having fun together.

then, as reality settling in over a few months, the term would make you sad. because you knew what bobbie had meant.

going to see their graves.

but now, two years later, it was just that. a term. a regularly one heard one. but this time, an hour after you had called bobbie over to spend the night, you were back to being confused.

"at midnight?" you turned toward bobbie, who was laying at the end of the bed, reading.

"yeah, why not?"

you shivered, "as much as i love them, i am not about to go into a graveyard in the middle of the night. not to mention, it's pouring." you could both hear the raindrops pounding on the window beside you, "we'd get soaked."

"true." bobbies eyes slimmed in thought, but then lit up, "i have another idea."

in the car, the rain only came down harder. lightning strikes lit up the road in front of you, but bobbie stayed calm. you tried to get the destination of your trip out of your friend.

"bobbie, please tell me where we're going in the middle of a monsoon!" you groaned, grinning the overhead handle harder.

"it's a surprise!" he laughed, as if he found the slip and slide some would still call a road in front of you fun.

"are you sure this is a good idea?" you said, "let's just go home, do whatever you want to tomorrow."

"it's fine." he said as he gripped the wheel harder.

it was, in fact, not fine. his tires were worn down, the cause of another accident last week. he had had many in the past year. he just didn't take care of his car, or himself for that matter.

"you will not lose me... i promise."

"we'll get this piece of junk fixed tomorrow, i promise."

you had held on tighter to these words than the handle above you that night, and the roads had become too wet for his car to handle. the tree becoming more like a magnet than an obstacle to his car.

you had died approximately five minutes after the crash, and bobbie was unconscious for ten.
_______________________________

2 0 2 1

"where were you going?" luke finally asked.

"he wanted to go get pizza, because of our conversation." you put your head in your hands, not sure if you wanted to cry or laugh, "he told me right before we crashed, when the wheels started to slip." you cringed, trying to stop the echoes of that sound within your mind.

"i think we decided not to go see you, because," you sighed, "God had my life planned out back then. i would get the opportunity to see you very shortly." luke smirked, leaning over to kiss you.

"i liked His plan."

you smiled up at him, glad the worst was finally over. the load was off of your back.

the best was forward.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 7.1K 36
❝ ... 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒆𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒏𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏, 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒃𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 ... ❞ ─ IN...
28.3K 559 33
You grew up with Sunset Curve. Always jamming out to their music in the car with your parents. It really was a tragic accident when they died eating...
30.2K 574 17
"we're not who we used to be we're not who we used to be we're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me trying to remember how it feels to...