Falling, Peter Parker

By thiams_heart

"I believe you." Olivia Stark the daughter of Tony Stark finally gets trusted into helping her father out, bu... More

FALLING
ACT ONE: BETRAYED
Guilt
Signing over
Recruiting
Teamwork
Truth be told
Saved
ACT TWO: STARTING FRESH
Trouble
Doubts
Danger
Technology sucks
Selfish
Spidey spirit
Apologies
Homecoming
ACT THREE: LOVERS ACT
American Wizards
Space & Scotland
Stowaways
Titan
Stupidity
Take it
Cursed
Ashes
ACT FOUR: MORE TIME
Revenge
Starting over
Back in business
Back to the past
Double
Reminiscing
Success
Returned
Gone, Gone, Gone
ACT FIVE: FRIENDS
Failed plan
Jealousy
Chaos magic
Disaster follows us
Dont play with fire
She knows
Can't tell what's real and what's fake
Welcome to the Netherlands
Final play
Bonding
ACT SIX: IM LOSING IT
Exposed
Acceptance
Multiverse
Trapped
Befriending the enemy
Triple
Cures
Lady liberty
Demons
Variants
Forgotten
ACT SEVEN: BETWEEN UNIVERSES
Back in the game
The real enemy
Memory Lane
Old friends, New tricks
The other Avengers
Not just a little witch
The girl you were then

Government property

1.5K 37 0
By thiams_heart

In Berlin, traffic rolls around the victory column. Police convoy drives beside the river Spree. Amidst the convoy is a gray armed truck. Inside Bucky wears restraints inside a prison pod.

Three armed guards sit on the other side of the glass-walled pod. A police motorbike stops traffic and a van driver looks affronted. The convoy turns a corner onto a bridge across the river.

In an SUV T'Challa sits in front of Steve who sits in front of Sam, "So, you like cats?" Sam asks turning to T'Challa.

"Sam" Steve sighs.

"What?" Sam defends, "Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?"

"Your suit" Steve starts, "it's Vibranium?"

T'Challa's eyes narrow as he glances sideways, "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you as both warrior and king how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" Steve is stony faced as the convoy heads underground.

In a light gray walled bunker Bucky's pod is carried away by a forklift. Nearby Steve gets out of the SUV and glances across at Bucky who doesn't spot him.

With Sam and T'Challa Steve approaches Sharon who's standing with a diminutive, gray-head man, "What's gonna happen to him?"

"Same thing that ought to happen to you" the grey haired man states, "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross" Sharon tells the boys, "Deputy Task Force Commander."

"What about our lawyer?" Steve questions.

"Lawyer" Everett Ross chuckles, "That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt."

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that" Sam threatens, As they go Steve looks back and catches Bucky's eye.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell" Everett states, "Now, do me a favor, stay in it?"

"I don't intend on going anywhere" T'Challa shrugs.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like" Natasha whispers to Steve.

"He's alive" Steve tells her, "is the kid okay?"

"She's fine" Natasha answers, "Tony is going crazy to make sure she's okay but he's not believing her one bit."

"No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned" Tony says into the phone, "And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this" Natasha sighs.

"Consequences?" Tony questions, "You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Tony ends the phone call.

"Consequences?" Steve repeats.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted" Tony tells him, "Had to give him something."

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve sighs.

"Technically, it's the government's property" Natasha says, "Wings, too."

"That's cold" Sam scoffs.

"Warmer than jail" Tony smiles.

"Are you okay?" Tony asks walking into the room Olivia is sat in surrounded by computers and books.

"I'm fine dad" Olivia sighs, "if I wasn't I'd let you know."

"I never know with you" Tony smiles, "so you're fine?"

"Yes dad" Olivia scoffs, "I'm perfect."

Tony finds Steve in a glass-walled office overlooking the control room, "Hey, you wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely" Tony shows him two pens in a black presentation box, "FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most."

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war" Steve says.

"See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here" Tony states, "I'm trying to. What do you call it? That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it?"

"Is Pepper here?" Steve asks, "I didn't see her."

"We're kinda" Tony hesitates, "well, not kinda."

"Pregnant?" Steve guesses.

"No. Definitely not" Tony answers, "We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault."

"I'm so sorry, Tony" Steve sighs, "I didn't know."

"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits" Tony states, "Then, we had to mop up hydra and then Ultron. My fault. And then Olivia getting experimented on, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference" Tony stands up and paces, "In her defense, I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work."

"You know, I'm glad Howard got married" Steve says, "only knew him when he was young and single."

"Oh, really? You two knew each other?" Tony questions, "He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you."

"I don't mean to make things difficult" Steve states.

"I know, because you're a very polite person" Tony smiles.

"If I see a situation pointed south I can't ignore it" Steve tells him, "Sometimes I wish I could."

"No, you don't" Tony sighs.

Steve smiles thinly, "No, I don't. Sometimes."

"Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth" Tony sighs, "But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you, Cap. So far, nothing's happened that can't be undone, if you sign. We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych-center instead of a Wakandan prison."

Steve frowns thoughtfully and picks up one of the fountain pens. He stands up and paces, then turns to Tony, "I'm not saying it's impossible, but there would have to be safeguards."

"Sure. Once we put out the PR fire, those documents can be amended" Tony tells him, "I'd file a motion to have you and Wanda reinstated."

"Wanda?" Steve questions, "What about Wanda?"

"She's fine" Tony states, "She's confined to the compound, currently. Vision's keeping her company."

"Oh God, Tony!" Steve exclaims, "Every time. Every time I think you see things the right way."

"What? It's a 100 acres with a lap pool" Tony reminds him, "It's got a screening room. There's worse ways to protect people."

"Protection?" Steve scoffs, "Is that how you see this? This is protection? It's internment, Tony."

"She's not a US citizen" Tony reminds him.

"Oh, come on, Tony" Steve sighs.

"And they don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction" Tony adds.

"She's a kid!" Steve says.

"GIVE ME A BREAK!" Tony yells, "I'm doing what has to be done to stave off something worse."

"You keep telling yourself that" Steve scoffs, "Hate to break up the set" He leaves the office and rueful Tony watches Bucky on one of the control room's screens.

Olivia walks into the office her father is in which he is sat at the table look at his phone, "dad?"

Tony looks up and smiles when he sees his daughter, "where've you been hiding?" Tony asks her as she sits down.

"On the roof" she answers, Tony looks at her like she's lost her mind, "okay I left the room I was in when you came to talk to me. I was in a corridor sat against a wall and I got told to go somewhere else so I went to the roof because I knew no one would be up here. So what's the situation like down here?"

At the UN-bunker Steve studies the blurry photograph of the man who bombed the congress in Vienna, "Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?"

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon suggests.

"Right" Steve sighs, "It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

"You're saying someone framed him to find him" Sharon says.

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing" Sam states.

"We didn't bomb the UN" Steve reminds him, "That turns a lot of heads."

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him" Sharon states, "It guarantees that we would." Sharon's gaze falls on the evaluator in the screen, her eyes narrow.

Steve frowns and looks around,"Yeah."

The power goes out, Natasha Olivia and Tony all look at each other, "Evac all civilians" Ross orders, "Get me a perimeter around the building, and gunships in the air."

"Please tell me you brought a suit" Natasha says to Tony.

"Sure did. It's a lovely Tom Ford, three-piece, two-button" Tony sarcastically replies, "I'm an active-duty non-combatant."

Natasha and Tony look at Olivia in hope as she sighs and removes her top to reveal her suit she had on underneath the whole time, "Follow me" Sharon order as she runs past Olivia, Tony and Natasha.

Bucky stalks through the building's ground floor. He batters two guards. With tech-glasses on Tony takes cover behind a pillar, "We're in position" Natasha states.

Tony taps a wrist-control which becomes his Iron Man-glove. He zaps Bucky with a stun-burst before Bucky can shoot a guard. Tony rushes him, firing again.

Bucky ducks the blast then trades blows with Tony, firing the gun. Tony has the Iron Man-glove over the barrel, blocking the bullet. He pulls the gun barrel loose then Bucky smacks him backwards.

Sharon rushes Bucky, then Natasha rushes Bucky. They both land kicks and punches, then Bucky flips Sharon head over heels. She smashes onto a table then Natasha leaps on Bucky, legs around his neck. He slams her onto another table and grabs her throat, "You could at least recognize me."

Olivia shoots a beam out of her hand hitting a few centimetres away from Bucky, "that was a warning, next time I won't miss. I only miss if I mean to."

Bucky approaches the teenager and starts fighting her, Olivia throws a few punches and kicks before Bucky picks her up off the ground and throws her across the hall into a table.

T'Challa comes from nowhere, He fights with Bucky, landing lightning fast kicks and some punches. Bucky gets a counter punch in and T'Challa falls, but quickly recovers.

Bucky hurries up some stairs. T'Challa leaps the levels and vaults a railing, landing in front of Bucky. Limber T'Challa spin-kicks and grabs Bucky's metal arm which he tries to twist then looks worried as he realizes it isn't going to work.

He throws Bucky backwards and keeps hold as they both tumble down the stairs. They resume fighting on the small landing and a leg sweep sends Bucky over the railing. T'Challa leaps down after him but finds the wide reception empty. He scans around.

Bucky's on the rooftop helipad. He marches up to a blue chopper and pulls the lock off the door. he gets in the pilot seat. Steve rushes outside and sprints toward the rising chopper.

He leaps and grabs the landing gear. Muscles bulging Steve pulls hard and the chopper struggles to gain height. Steve's feet kick for traction then he gets them flat on the helipad.

The chopper drags him onto the weak looking mesh framing the helipad. Steve grabs the railing with one hand and clings to the landing gear with the other. He grits his teeth and his neck strains with the incredible effort.

Bucky glowers from inside the chopper then throws the joystick left and the chopper's nose slams into the edge of the helipad. The rotor-blades are smashed to pieces and Steve ducks as the tail swings around.

The chopper lies twisted on the mesh at the edge of the pad. Steve rises beside the canopy. Bucky's arm smashes through the glass and growling he grabs Steve's throat.

The chopper starts to list over the edge. The tail breaks off and falls into the river below. Bucky keeps hold of Steve as the whole vehicle drops and slams into the river.

The impact seems to knock Bucky out cold and he lets go of Steve. The body of the chopper sinks quickly to the riverbed along with other debris. Steve surfaces with Bucky in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.5K 21
"Are you always this much of an idiot, or are you just showing off around me?" In which an unpopular boy with a secret stands up for a sarcastically...
166K 2.4K 29
{FINISHED} This story is about Y/N as the daughter of the famous Tony Stark. Your powers are the same like Wandas and Steves. Your life isn't easy bu...
47.9K 1.3K 30
◇ 𝚂𝚎𝚝 𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝟹 ◇ ❝ 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬...𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐢 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮...
190 4 17
Anastasia Stark grew up feeling like a modern day Rapunzel. Trapped in a tower her whole life and having magical powers. When Tony and Pepper finally...