Wild Thing

Por Grattsfan

Kasey Wild is a single Mom and college student. She joins the college's soccer team, the Capital City Crusad... Más

-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-
-51-
-52-
-53-
-54-
-55-
-56-
-57-
-58-
-59-
-60-
-61-
-62-
-63-
-64-
-65-
-66-
-67-
-68-
-69-
-70-
-71-
-72-
-73-
-74-
-75-
-76-
-77-
-78-
-79-
-80-
-81-
-82-
-83-
-84-
-85-
-86-
-87-
-88-
-89-
-90-
-91-
-92-
-93-
-94-
-95-
-96-
-98-
-99-
-100-
-101-
-102-
-103-
-104-
-105-
-106-
-107-
-108-
-109-
-110-
-111-
-112-
-113-
-114-
-115-
-116-
-117-
-118-
-119-
-120-
-121-
-122-
-123-
-124-
-125-
-126-
-127-
-128-
-129-

-97-

556 30 1
Por Grattsfan

Jump ahead a few weeks and things are beginning to get real in the Wild O'Hara household, with Kasey and Kelley packing up the apartment while Kasey also does her best to maintain her grades and appearances. 

Beep ... beep ... beep 

Kasey struggles to turn over and shut off the alarm. Laying in the bed she listens to Kelley's breathing as her wife continues to sleep through the alarm. Getting up she heads to the bathroom and then out to the kitchen to get started on making Kylie's breakfast and lunch along with a strong cup of brew for herself. 

"Do I smell coffee?" Kasey chuckles as Jen's head appears over the back of the couch. "Want one?" 

"Or ten. Why did I think it a good idea to join in on you and Kelley's workout sesh again?" 

Kasey chuckles, "Because, we both need to be at our best for camp." 

Jen nods, "Yeah, that. Can you bring me some Advil, too? I hurt in places that I didn't know existed." 

"That's what you get for not stretching out." 

"Not all of us have a Kelley to massage us out afterwards either. I asked, but, she declined." 

Kasey laughs, "Yeah, cause my wife massaging your calves was ever gonna happen." 

Jen shrugs, "It was worth a shot." 

Kasey delivers a cup to Jen on the couch and returns to making Kylie's lunch. 

"If you want I can drop Little Wild off at school before I head home." 

"That'd be amazing. I feel like I'm running on fumes, right now." 

Jen nods, "It's all good. I have a midterm tomorrow that I should probably at the very least look over the notes for." Jen lets out a yawn. "When are your exams?"  

"One is on Thursday afternoon and the other on Saturday morning at 8 am."

"Eww, you have an exam at 8 on Saturday? Sucks to be you!"

"Yeah, don't I know it. It also happens to be with the instructor who is the hardest marker of the bunch. Gonna need some major caffeine and luck to get through it. I'm going to get Kylie up and let her know that you're taking her to school. Can you make sure that she remembers to take that damn trumpet with her?" 

Jen laughs, "Aww come on we aren't all-natural musicians like you. I thought she did pretty well." 

Kasey shakes her head, "I'm glad it's only a try out the different instruments until you find one you like, type of thing. Kylie already knows she won't be returning to school here next year, so, I think she's just trying out the most annoying instruments to get to me and Kel." 

 Jen laughs, "Smart kid." 

Kasey laughs and shakes her head as she makes her way into her daughter's room and pets Buddy's head, "You're not supposed to be on the bed, Mister." 

The dog looks up at her before resituating himself and she can't help but laugh. 

"Ky? Time to get up and moving; your breakfast is on the table and Jen is dropping you off at school. Get up and get a move on before I decide to try out that trumpet of yours." 

"You wouldn't!" 

Kasey looks down at her daughter and smile laughs, "Oh, but, I would! Now, get up!"

"Uh-huh." Kylie covers her head back up. 

"Okay, I'm getting the trumpet." 

"No! I'm up!" 

"Good. I'll see you after school. Love you, Ky." 

Kasey waits until she hears her daughter up and moving before returning to the bedroom and climbing back under the covers with her wife. She feels the movement and weight at the end of the bed when their four-legged family member decides to join them on the bed. 

She isn't sure how long she fell back asleep for when Kelley walks into the bedroom with Buddy right on her heels. 

"You planning on getting up anytime soon, beautiful?" 

"Maybe. It all depends on whether or not I can convince you to join me." 

Kelley laughs, "Not happening, Wild. You need to get up and keep working away on that to-do list of yours." 

"Urgh!" 

Kelley laughs, "I already took Buddy to the park and yes, I remembered to wipe his paws when we got back and your lunch is made and waiting for you on the table, next to your laptop and study notes. Also, Jeff has been trying to reach you about doing an in-studio interview this evening with one of the local stations." 

"Did you tell him that I couldn't? I'm swamped right now, Kel and I need to study." 

"Actually, I told him that you would do it. It's good promo and I thought that we could hit up Zak's for supper afterwards."  

Kasey smiles and nods, "Cheat night?" 

Kelley smiles and nods, "You deserve one, you've been working hard." 

"Thank you." 

"You're welcome. One last thing; Jeff told me to tell you to check your goddamn email! His words, not mine." 

Kasey bursts out laughing, "I'll be right out." 

Later on, that week as Kasey passes over her completed exam to the proctor, she takes a look around at her classmates and then takes the long way back to her car in the acknowledgement that it will be one of the finals times she walks around the Capital City campus. Passing by the gymnasium, she smiles seeing the board where the Athlete of the Week profile photo is posted and remembers how it felt the first time she saw her headshot posted there. 

"Wild?" 

Kasey turns around and smiles, "Hey, Coach." 

"All done your exams?" 

Kasey nods, "Yeah, just finished my Programming one." 

"When do you leave for North Carolina?" 

"Next week. But, I'll be back to write my finals." 

"Kasey, I just want to say how proud I am to be able to say I was your Coach before you became a superstar." 

Kasey laughs, "I don't know about that, but, hopefully, this is just the start of something bigger." 

Coach Smith smiles and nods, "It is. I've no doubt that you're going to take the NWSL by storm. You are undoubtedly the best player I've ever had the pleasure of Coaching and an even better person." 

"Thank you. I'm really going to miss it here, ya know?" 

"The team is going to miss you as well, Captain Wild Thing." 

Kasey burst out laughing, "Can I give you a hug?" 

Coach Smith nods and they hug, "Don't be a stranger, Kasey." 

"I won't. I promise. Thanks, Coach." 

Making the drive back home, the roads are relatively quiet on a Saturday morning and it makes for a quick trip back. As Kasey lets herself into the apartment, she finds Kelley and Kylie on the couch watching some television and removes her outdoor clothes to join them. 

Kelley kisses her cheek, "How'd it go?"

"I feel dirty for all the talking out of my ass I did while writing it." 

Kelley looks at her, eyes wide and laughs, "I think you need to spend less time with Jen because you're starting to sound like her." 

Kasey laughs, "Sorry, but, it's an accurate representation as to how it went; I completely blanked on most of the technical terms, so I ended up writing in circles."

"I guess that means my singing it technique didn't come through for you?" 

Kasey shakes her head, "I think I'm just tired out and no amount of studying or singing was going to help me write a program based on a case study." 

Kelley nods and wraps her arm around her, kissing the top of her head before turning her attention back to watching the Loud family. 

Kasey watches as the movers carry her couch out the door, to get it loaded on the moving truck downstairs. 

"That's the last big item, Kase." 

Kasey nods, "I'm really going to miss this place, Kel; it's the only home that Kylie has ever known. She said her first word, "Momma" here and took her first few steps over there and ..."

Kelley wraps her arms around her crying wife. "I know it's going to be hard for you to leave this place, it's your home and you've created many memories here through the years, but, you need to look ahead and think about all the new adventures and memories awaiting you and Kylie in North Carolina and with me."

"It's not that easy, Kel; it's everything, I'm overwhelmed thinking about leaving everything I've ever known behind and being away from Kylie and my Mom. For lack of better words, it's going to suck!" 

Kelley nods and laughs, "Look at it this way; Kylie will be safe and loved with your Mom and she has her phone now and she can call or message either of us 24 hours a day or vice versa. I know it's not ideal, but, we all agreed that it was better for Kylie to stay here until her school year was over. You'll see her on her break and also when you come back for your finals. Then it's only two months before she can join you full-time. You're always telling me to treat everything as a learning experience, perhaps, this is your learning experience, Kase. It's huge and scary, and no doubt some shit is going to hit the fan along the way, but, I will be at your side the entire time. You got this Wild Thing."

"I love you, Kel."

"Love you, too." They share a kiss and then complete a final walk around the apartment to ensure they haven't missed anything because closing and locking the door. 

"The future awaits, Mrs. Wild O'Hara." 

Kasey nods and takes Kelley's hand, "Can you drive? I'm not feeling up to it at the moment." 

Kelley leans over and kisses her cheek, "Everything will be okay, I promise, beautiful." 

After spending the night with her daughter and Mom, and getting very little sleep in the bed and room that will now by Kylie's, it's time for them to head to the airport and get checked in for their flight to Raleigh.

They all say their goodbyes before checking their luggage and allowing Kylie to say her goodbye to Buddy before he's taken away in his crate.  

"I still think that we could have driven rather than flying." 

"Kase, I love you but there was no way in hell that I was spending the better part of two days in a U-Haul or car driving with you and Buddy. It wouldn't have been fair for him to be kenneled for extended periods of time either."

"I guess so. I just hope that Buddy will be okay underneath." 

"Kase, relax, Buddy will be fine; animals fly all the time."

"I know, it's just if anything happens to him, Kylie will be devastated. She is having a hard enough time already dealing with us being gone and moving in with my mom for the next couple of months."

"She has a good head on her shoulders and is surrounded by people who care about her, she will be fine and so will Buddy. Now, put your head back and try to relax we've got a couple of hours before we reach Raleigh."

As Kasey and Kelley make their way inside the airport, after landing, Kasey makes a beeline for the facilities dropping her luggage at her wife's feet. 

Kelley loads her arms and drags them along through the crowd before locating Angie and dropping them. 

They share a quick hug, "Thanks for picking us up, Ang." 

"No worries. It's the least I could do for my new roomies; speaking of which, where's Kasey?" 

Kelley bursts out laughing, "She refused to go pee on the plane and took off in search of the nearest washroom when we landed." 

Angie bursts out laughing, "I guess we should stay put until she surfaces then." 

"Sounds like a plan." 

A few minutes later Kasey locates them and they all head over to the area where Buddy should be offloaded and waiting for them. 

After showing the required paperwork, he's cleared and they are able to collect him. 

Kasey sticks her finger in the cage to rub Buddy's nose, "I'm so happy to see you." He licks it and she laughs. 

"I told you that he'd be fine, Kase. Now, how about we load up one of those carts and get out of here, so we can let him out of his crate."  

Angie leads them out to a relatively new pickup truck.

"Nice wheels!" 

"It's Stacey's brother's, we borrowed it for moving and I figured that it would be easier to fit all of us in it, rather than my car." 

"Hey Kel, do you have Buddy's leash in your bag?" 

Kelley thinks about it for a minute, "Umm, I think that I may have accidentally left it on top of his crate at the airport in Ottawa." 

"Angie, don't suppose you know where there's a pet store?" 

"If I can't find one then I'm sure that Google knows where one is." 

While Angie sits in the truck with Buddy, they make their way around the store and collect some supplies for him. 

"Okay we have a new collar, leash, dishes and a big bag of food, do we need anything else while we are here?"

"I think we are good for now. We can always come back and get an updated ID tag for him later." 

After paying for the supplies they make their way out to the truck and clip the leash on Buddy, allowing him to finally stretch his legs and do his business before then loading back up and making the drive to Kasey's new place. 

As Angie pulls the truck to a stop out front, Kasey smiles and hugs Buddy, "Welcome to your new home and mine." The German Shepherd turns and licks her, causing them all to laugh. 

Kelley drops their bags on the floor of the bedroom, "I guess it's a good thing that the moving truck soon be here tomorrow sometime. I don't know about you but I've already surpassed the sleeping on air mattresses, futons and couches and floors portion of my life." 

Kasey chuckles, "Suck it up buttercup, it's only for one night and just think of how much fun we're going to have moving and putting stuff together for the next few days."  

"So much fun, yeah, can't wait!" Kasey looks at Kelley and smiles aware of the sarcastic nature of her comment. 

"I'm going to call Mom and Kylie and let them know that we've arrived safe and sound." 

"Sounds good. How about I take Buddy for a walk and we task Angie with supper, because, I looked in the fridge and all there is inside it is some water, beer and take-out containers. Makes me feel like I'm back at Stanford, but without the naked girls running around and in my bed." Kelley winks at her as she says it. 

Kasey gives her a look and she knows that it's best she stop talking and locate where Buddy has taken off to. 

Ring ... ring 

"Are you there? Is Buddy okay?" 

Kasey smiles, "We're here, Ky and Buddy is fine; Kelley just took him out for a walk to explore his new territory." 

"I miss you." 

"I know, Ky; I miss you, too. But, soon it'll be Spring Break and you can come and visit." 

"Not the same. Grandma doesn't let me play my games full blast and she makes me watch Jeopardy with her." 

"Kylie, we both knew there was going to be some changes with the two of you living together and if she wants you to turn down your games it's because she has neighbours that won't appreciate listening to it and also, pay attention to Jeopardy, you might learn something!" Kasey can picture her daughter rolling her eyes as she listens to what she's saying. 

"Grandma wants to talk to you." 

"Okay, Ky; love you and I promise to call you tomorrow." 

"Bye, Mom." 

"Kasey?" 

"Yeah." 

"Were you aware that you promised to help out with Kylie's class when they went skating?" 

"Crap! I completely forgot about that. Can you please apologize for me?" 

"I explained the situation to Kylie's teacher and she was very nice about it. I told her that I didn't skate, but, that I could help supervise while the kids were at the arena and now I'm the lobby, Grandma; ensuring the kids are skating and not goofing off in the change rooms." 

Kasey laughs, "Make sure you treat yourself to a hot chocolate." 

She hears her Mom laugh, "Uh-huh. You'll get my bill in the mail." 

"Sure. Make sure she wears her helmet." 

"Don't worry Kase; they aren't allowed on the ice without one." 

"I'm going to worry, no matter what." 

"I know, it comes with being a parent. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I still worry about you." 

Kasey smiles, "Love you, Mom. I should go, it sounds like Kelley and Buddy have returned and we still need to figure out supper." 

"Okay, have a good evening, Kase." 

"Bye, Mom." 

Kasey hangs up from the call makes her way out to find Kelley and Buddy playing ball in the living room. 

"Look, Kase; we found a tennis ball on our walk." Kelley throws it across the room and the dog chases it skidding along the floor. 

"Whatever happened to the no playing ball in the house rule?"

Kelley shrugs, "Look around, Babe; it's not like he can do much damage." 

"I'll let it go this time, but, from now on ball play is reserved for the yard or park." 

"Yes, dear." Kasey can only shake her head and laugh as Buddy goes flying past her down the hallway in search of the ball. 

"Where's Angie?" 

"She told me that she was returning the truck and planning on picking up a pizza for us. I told her to make sure to add some brews to her shopping list." 

"Good plan."

After having a bite to eat and a few drinks, Kasey and Kelley hold hands while taking Buddy for his evening walk. 

"You okay, beautiful?" 

Kasey stops and smiles, looking at Kelley, "Just thinking about how our time together is limited." 

"I'm really hoping that you're speaking in the present tense and about how I'll be leaving for Utah soon, not, about the future." 

Kasey chuckles, "The former, smartass."

"I know, Kase; it's on my mind, too. Let's just try and make the best of the time we have, okay? I would say we should head back and enjoy our first night in the new place, but, I think the only thing that the old air mattress is going to be good for is leaving me with a kink in my neck and back." 

"Nothing some morning yoga won't fix." 

"Or a nice, long, hot shower with my lady lover." 

"Lady lover, huh? Should I be concerned about you cheating on me already, O'Hara?" 

"Not a chance." Kelley leans in and kisses her, "You are my one and only, Wild Thing." 

Making their way back to the house, Kasey makes sure that Buddy has what he needs for the evening before they decide to turn in for the night. 

"Night, Kase. Sweet dreams." 

"Night, Kel. Love you." 

The next morning they wake up to barking and Angie letting Stacey inside. Seeing Kasey standing on looking on, Angie turns to apologize. 

"Sorry! I thought I could sneak her in, but, Buddy had other plans. If you want we can take him for his walk." 

Kasey nods, "I don't suppose there's coffee in the kitchen?" 

Angie shakes her head, "Unless you like instant in a paper cup. I've been getting my fix on the way to campus." 

Kasey feels arms wrap around her and lips ghost her cheek, "Morning." She smiles, "Morning." 
"We're going to need to get dressed and find someplace for breakfast." 

"Call HAO, I'm sure she can recommend someplace close." 

 "My phone is in the bedroom, Kel; how about you call her?"

"On it." 

As Kelley calls her friend, Kasey grabs the leash for Angie, "We should probably discuss groceries." 

Angie nods, "When we get back."  

After spending the next week getting things set up in the house, it's time for Kelley to join her new teammates in Salt Lake. Having pushed her departure to the last minute, Kelley's plan to drive to Utah instead becomes her flying there and leaving her wheels in North Carolina a bit longer.

"Are you sure you have everything you need, Kel?" 

"I have my clothes and the basics; I'm sure once I arrive my living arrangements will be sorted and then I can pick up whatever else is needed. I wish that I could pack you in my suitcase to come with me, but, at least I know that the heated seats in my car will keep you warm in the meantime."

"Aren't you going to need wheels, though?" 

"Don't worry about me, one call and I'll get hooked up." 

Standing in the airport, the women hold each other sharing kisses and fighting back tears as they await Kelley's flight being called.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Kel."

"I know Kase, me too. Just think it's only a matter of weeks before we fly back to Ottawa and we'll talk every day, I promise." 

"It's not the same as having you in my arms or beside me in bed, not to mention phone sex definitely isn't as fun as the real thing."

Kelley laughs, "Definitely not, but, I happen to know that you are going to be hella busy over the next couple of weeks, so you won't have time to miss me."

"Hope so."

They hear an announcement and hold each other tightly, "I have to go now Kase, or I'm going to miss my flight. I love you my beautiful wife; don't ever forget that."  

"I love you too; be safe and message me when you get in."

"I will, I promise."

The couple shares a long kiss before Kelley reluctantly makes her way towards the gate. She looks back and sees Kasey sitting with her head in her hands and the floodgates open, "Damn you Wild."  

Kasey waits along with Angie, for Kylie's arrival. 

"Her flight already landed, where is she?" 

"Wild, relax; she's underage and had to be accompanied, I'm sure that she'll be right out." 

"Finally!" Kasey takes off running towards her daughter and lifts her off her feet with a hug. 

"Missed you so much!" 

"Missed you too, but, can we please get out of here, now, because you're kinda embarrassing me." 

Kasey laughs, "Yeah, just let me check-in and prove that I'm not trying to kidnap you." 

"They were actually pretty cool with me Mom; I even got extra snacks." 

"Good to hear. Kylie, this is my friend and roommate Angie." 

Kylie acknowledges her, "Hey, so you're the other goalie, right?" 

Angie smiles and nods, "I am. It's nice to meet you, Kylie; I've heard so much about you!" 

"Sorry about my Mom she has a tendency to babble on." 

Angie laughs, "It's fine. Looks like you've been sprung. Let's get out of here and you can fill me in on what's up with your Mom and all her superstitions." 

Kylie laughs, "She's not superstitious or so she says, she just likes to do the same thing every time she steps on the field." 

"Why does she rip at the velcro on her gloves 3 times?" 

"When she was younger, she never had gloves that fit and it became a necessity I guess, now, just habit." 

Angie nods, "Makes sense." 

Kylie watches from the sideline as Kasey finishes out her training session with a group of teammates and local players. HAO makes her way over to her, "She looks good out there, she's happy that you're here." 

"You're going to look after her, right, HAO?" 

Heather O'Reilly smiles and nods, "You don't need to worry about her, Kylie; she'll be looked after and if not, KO has already threatened me." 

Kylie laughs, "Good. I'm glad that Momo got the point across." 

"She did. So, I hear that you guys are checking out the UNC stadium and campus, this aft." 

Kylie smiles and nods, "I want to play there when I get older." 

Heather smiles, "Keep working hard and I'm sure that it will come. See you later, kid." 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

207K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...
154K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...
307K 4.8K 40
Uswnt oneshots with Y/n reader.
18.9K 560 10
Paris and Luna are just starting Sophomore year of high school. They both love music and they both love soccer. Which path will they choose to follow...