Summer Love - James Worpel

By gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... More

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 18

225 6 39
By gobulldogs_

The next morning, I am awoken by my alarm, blaring through the room. I get up and walk over to my dresser, where my phone is on charge, turning the alarm off and sighing to myself.

"God I hate getting up early." I say as I stumble to the bathroom.

Once I'm in the bathroom I look at myself in the mirror, and sigh at the fact I need to wash my hair, but I know I'm going to be doing a lot of running around today, and it's going to be hot, meaning there's a massive chance I will sweat.

I grab the hair tie that's sitting on the basin, tying my hair into a messy bun, before spraying some deodorant and leaving the bathroom.

I walk downstairs where Marcus is running around like a headless chook getting himself ready.

"Morning, you're in a bit of a rush." I say taking a seat at the bench and Marcus sighs.

"Bevo wants me down at the club half and hour earlier so that we can have a chat." He says and I nod, then I frown.

"Oh, why's that?"

"No idea, I think it'll be like about the season and what potentially could happen or some shit."

"Oh right." I say and Marcus sighs, walking upstairs as Em walks down.

"I guess we better hurry up and get to the club." She says and I nod, getting up and grabbing a smoothie from the fridge just as Marcus comes back down the stairs with his bags.

"You guys ready?"

"Yep." I say taking a sip and Marcus nods, grabbing his car keys and we run out to the car, getting in and making the short drive to the Whitten Oval..

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, I'll see you guys after training." Marcus says once he's parked the car in the carpark and both Em and I nod.

We all get out of the car and walk into the club before we part ways with each other.

I am standing at the desk talking to one of the ladies there about my position at the club, as they would like me to work more days during the holidays when I see Aaron and I smile.

"Morning." I say

"Morning." He says pulling me into a hug and I smile.

"Thanks for that Sandra, I'll see you around." I say and she smiles at me.

Aaron and I walk over and take a seat at Barker's cafe, or well, Aaron makes me sit down.

"I actually wanted to talk to you, before Baz got here."

"Okay, but how was WA?"

"It was good, but that's not important."

"What do you mean? Of course it's important. What could be more important then you going back home?"

"Worps told me what happened."

"Oh." I say looking down at the table and Aaron grabs my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I am so sorry Tahls." He says and I smile at him.

"It's okay." I say and Aaron nods. "I'm just glad James stopped it, because it could've been worse."

"Yep it could've, but either way what Daniel did doesn't make it right."

"Of course it doesn't." I say and Aaron sighs.

"I just can't believe someone could do that to someone."

"I know." I say just as a familiar voice butts into our conversation...

"Tahlia." Josh says reappearing out of nowhere and I look up at him, whilst he looks down at me, with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah?" I say and he sighs.

"I am so sorry that, that happened to you." Josh says and I frown.

"How did you know what happened?"

"I just overheard your conversation." Josh says. "Unintentionally of course."

"Right..." I say then I sigh. "But thanks for your concern."

"No worries, terrible thing that happened, no one should have to go through that." He says and I nod, before he walks away and I look at Aaron confused at what just happened.

"Was it just me or was that weird?"

"No, it was weird." Aaron says. "It actually seemed like he cared."

"It did, didn't it?"

"Yep."

"Weird." I say. "Why does he care about me all of a sudden? I don't get it."

"I think he's never stopped caring about you."

"Bullshit. That's gotta be bullshit. There was a time he didn't care about me."

"I know, but maybe he's realised that he does care for you."

"A little too late for that don't ya think?"

"Yep." Aaron says and I sigh.

"We should probably get to work."

"Great idea, otherwise Bevo will yell at me for being late..." Aaron says and I laugh.

We both get up from the table and I say bye to Aaron who heads to the gym, whilst I make my way to mine and Em's office....

The day goes by pretty fast, considering Em and I saw a bunch of players. I love it when we have a jam packed day, because time goes so fast.

I am still a bit confused as to why Josh cares, but I guess there's a part of me that wishes he cared when we were together, but another part of me knows that Josh and I would never really work out, even if we wanted to try and work through our issues.

I need to stop dwelling on the past, but sometimes it's hard to not think about the what if's.

I brush those thoughts out of my head as I walk through the front door of my house with Marcus and Emilia not too far behind...

Josh's POV:

Hearing what happened to Tahlia makes me sick. How could someone do something so sick to someone else?

Tahlia doesn't deserve this, not after all the shit I put her through.

Yes, I am still kicking myself for what happened between us. If I was a bit more mature we could've still been together.

I get home and plonk myself on the couch, sighing as I pick up my phone and go on Instagram.

I repost a photo the bulldogs instagram account posted of me on my story, before I search a name up and press to Dm them...

joshdunkley_:

Hey Worps, hope you're all good. Heard what happened to Tahlia and I just wanted to say thank you for what you did that night. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if worse happened...

I chuck my phone on the coffee table, before heading to the bathroom to have a shower...

Tahlia's POV:

I am chilling on my bed, a bit tired from my day at work when I get an incoming FaceTime call from James.

"Hey." I answer and he smiles, showing his sparkling white teeth and adorable dimples.

"Hey, how was work today?"

"Yeah good, helped some of the boys."

"Very good." He says. "And how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. It's getting better every day. The panic attacks have calmed down. I still get some anxiety from it but I mean that'll always be there."

"Well, the main thing is that the panic attacks have gone and you're okay."

"Yeah exactly. Although I was a bit confused today though."

"Why?"

"Josh overhead me and Aaron talking about what happened, and all of a sudden he cares about me. Like he butted in and asked if I was okay and was sorry for what happened."

"Really? Damn. Well, speaking of Josh, he actually sent me a DM before."

"What? Why?"

"He was thanking me for what I did to stop Daniel, and that he wouldn't be able to live with himself if no one stopped him."

"Wow." Is all I can manage to say.

"I know."

"But why now does he care?"

"Maybe he's always cared, just never showed it."

"Maybe. But I swear he didn't give two shits about me a couple of days ago."

"You're probably right." I say then I sigh. "Anyways, enough about him, how have you been?"

"I've been good, missing you that's for sure." He says and I smile.

"I've missed you too. We really need to organise another catch up."

"Yep, but I'm kind of sick and tired of sitting watching movies all night,"

"Agreed, it's becoming a bit boring." I say and he nods. "Got any ideas?"

"Well, I was thinking of taking you to this place on the peninsula."

"Oh yes, have I been there before?"

"I don't think you have, since not many people know about it."

"Right.." I say then I smile. "Well, I'm down for anything so just text me a time to be ready and I'll be ready."

"Okay, we'll obviously go on the weekend."

"So Saturday?" I ask and he nods, then sighs.

"Shit, not Saturday, maybe next weekend."

"Works for me."

"Cool."

"Cool." I say and he smiles.

"Why can't you do Saturday?"

"Oh it's just..."

"Don't tell me it's your birthday and you weren't going to even tell me?"

"You guessed it."

"JAMES! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Cause I didn't want to make a big deal about it."

"Well it is a big deal. We've gotta do something."

"No, we don't."

"Well I don't care what you say, I'm taking you somewhere, I'll pick you up at 7:30. BE READY." I say and he chuckles.

"Alright fine, I'll be ready."

"Cool, I'll see you then." I say and he nods.

"We really don't need to do anything for my birthday but see you then." He says before we hang up.

I smile to myself as I get up off the bed and walk downstairs to see what Marcus and Em are cooking....

***

I hate writing author's notes, I never know what to write.

Sorry for another filler chapter, although Worps' bday is coming up! I wonder what Tahlia has planned!

Remember to vote and comment

Next update out soon!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 8.1K 78
Everyone falls in love with the bad boys! Why is it like that? But are the bad boys that bad? Maybe someone can bring out their good side? Will Baile...
746 54 23
After a long time relationship with a boy by the name of Ben, Lucy is shocked to find that he was cheating on her the whole time they were together...
42.6K 1.3K 115
Tahlia Bontempelli, the younger sister of Western Bulldogs superstar Marcus Bontempelli, is a 23 year old girl who is a High School Teacher. If there...
158K 2K 69
Dog park love connection (This started as a one shot but has turned into a story)