Finally Free Again

By lisaaaaa1616

Clay's life has never been easy after severe harm was caused by his drunk father. His mother can't decide any... More

A/N
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26 (The End)

2

2.1K 76 45
By lisaaaaa1616

Warnings:
-Eating disorder behaviour (starving)
-Numbers (weight)
-Overexercising

Clay's POV

(Current time, Clay is sixteen now)

I remembered that day well. The day my dad smashed an alcohol bottle on my head which caused me to have brain damage. I needed to go through two surgeries for a bleeding in my head and a small crack in my skull.

After that day, I changed a lot. Not only did I change because I needed to learn a lot of things again like a baby, but I also changed because I started hating my dad for what he did. I acted normal around him, but I never listened to him again after that one day.

I also quit listening to my mother. She always left the house when they argued and I understood that since my dad sometimes hit her, but she was too weak to ask for a divorce and take me with her. Even after I had to fight to survive, she still didn't leave him.

Since my parents fought every day, I felt like I lost all the control I ever once had in my life. If they didn't have a stable relationship, how was I supposed to have a stable relationship with them? As long as they kept fighting and as long as my dad kept drinking, my life would be a hell and I didn't know how to cope with it.

At least, I didn't know how to cope until last week. I saw a documentary on the internet about eating disorders and most of the people who talked about it said that they wanted to gain control. I didn't listen to the rest of it and started googling, figuring out what I had to do.

I had a very strong opinion. If I didn't want something, it would not happen. I was using that to stop eating. I wasn't eating a singular bite anymore, I wanted control. I could control not eating, losing weight and exercising. I didn't have an eating disorder either, I just needed control so I stopped eating.

My parents didn't notice much of it yet since I completely quit eating four days ago. I just told them I was sick which was believable for now.

I honestly never felt greater than I did now. I was very hungry, but I liked the feeling of hunger. That was a sign I was doing alright and that I needed to continue this. I could only drink water and I was never eating again until I thought I lost enough or until my parents stopped fighting and I could regain control.

I stood up, having my sight turn black. I held the wall for a second and waited for my vision to go back to normal. I walked downstairs and saw my parents sitting at the table for breakfast, they both looked mad and didn't even look up to me.

I filled my bottle with water and then left the house, happy that they didn't care about me not eating.

I didn't have friends at school so I always sat alone. No one noticed I didn't eat at school either and I actively participated in PE to burn more calories. I was exhausted when I sat in the changing room and changed clothes.

'Are you losing weight?' someone suddenly asked me. 'I swear you're thinner than last week.'

I was pretty happy that he already noticed my weight loss. I did indeed lose a lot already and smiled at him. 'Not really, but thanks.'

'I'm not sure if that's a compliment,' the boy mumbled as I dressed up.

'It is to me,' I replied, walking off again.

I sat through the rest of the day and then went home. I felt so strong when I skipped a meal and when I said no to it that I couldn't stop smiling after I realised I skipped my breakfast, lunch and my two usual snacks.

I was drinking water to feel a little bit fuller than I was now and walked home by walking the longest route to burn more calories. I went inside of my house once I arrived and noticed my parents weren't here.

I started running up and down the stairs to burn more calories and completely lost track of time. I had been going up and down for an hour when I fell down and panted loudly. I was covered in sweat and went upstairs to go to the bathroom.

I locked the door and undressed myself as I stood in front of the mirror, looking at all my fat. Then I grabbed the scale and stepped on it. I rolled my eyes when I saw I weighed 140 pounds and immediately grabbed my phone to calculate what I needed to weigh.

I was confused when it said I was underweight and I looked up with an eye roll.

'Underweight, yeah sure buddy,' I scoffed as I put my phone away.

I turned the shower on and waited for it to become hot while I exercised. I ran around, did squats and jumped up and down to burn as much as I could. I got so hopeless that I weighed myself again to see if I weighed less, but it was the same weight as a minute ago.

I sighed softly and then stepped inside of the shower, turned the water to cold so I'd be able to burn more. I washed myself, but stayed in the water for way longer.

Eventually, I was so cold that I started shivering so I turned the water back to warm for the last minute.

I stepped out and dried myself off, dressing myself up after that. I started to run again. I needed to lose weight, I needed people to see that I'd become thin, maybe they would like me more when I was very thin.

I kept running for hours until I was so exhausted that I almost passed out. I sat down on my bed with my eyes closed. I wasn't allowed to lay down because then my body would rest more. I needed to keep burning calories.

I was so tired that I eventually dozed off to sleep which I hated myself for. I had to burn more, the voice was so strong and I needed to exercise. I still fell asleep for hours...

1055 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 7.6K 54
Harry, Edward and Marcel the most feared and barbaric pirates alive. Known to kill and torture everyone they come across without any remorse. Louis...
10.9K 216 33
Boy x boy. - A sweet romance between an pan-romantic asexual and a bisexual with POTS. This story is about the big things in our past, the little th...
76.1K 10K 55
One thief to catch. One heart to steal. Two fates to tie For love is real. cover edit by @Yuehan_
71.7K 1K 50
Luke Ardiente, one of the biggest names in the Asian sports world signs with WWE and is a part of the SmackDown roster. His cold heart, serious lone...