The One Who Came

By BitchyCookies

Alpha Ivan Black is tired of waiting for his mate. He has spent 8 long years in the midst of loneliness which... More

Introduction
Chapters in order
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 30

1K 51 8
By BitchyCookies

This chapter is dedicated to @Tania9098 for commenting so much! Love you!

It's been a while.... hope you all had a great Christmas and new year..... nothing more to say, ENJOY!

"Has he tried to talk again?" Ivan asked.

The pair was currently lounging in their bed, limbs tangled and scents mingling. Ivan returned an hour ago, conversed with Karter's family before they also left them to rest. The Alpha informed Karter about what Chester's told them so far. He told him that he visited the wolf twice but couldn't get much information the second time. It had worried Karter a little but at this point, the boy was used to such shocking details.

In return, Karter told Ivan of Obelius's situation. He surprised Ivan after he revealed that he can easily talk to the additional presence in him. He explained that he didn't attempt to contact him since he felt uneasy and weirded out about Obelius. Ivan got to learn that Karter was scared of accepting that he was, in fact, the son of their Moon Goddess. At first, his body changes drastically, now he has to deal with direct contact with a godly wolf. Ivan was supportive of Karter's decision of waiting before he took a step forward. He was glad that he is with his mate to share the burden.

"No." Karter answered his question. "I didn't block him out but he knew that I didn't want to talk yet."

"Do you want to try talking to him?" Ivan asked as his thumb was drawing circles on Karter's hip.

"Maybe." Karter's cheek was pressed on Ivan's chest as his arms were wrapped around his waist tightly. "Should I do it now?" He asked and looked up at Ivan.

"Sure." Ivan separated and sat crisscrossed, away from Karter.

Karter copied the position and slumped his shoulders. He tried to relax, steadying his breathing. After stealing a glance towards Ivan's direction, he closed his eyes and reached for a wolf.

'You are really gonna do it?' Instead of Obelius, Karter got a hold of Percy.

'Yeah... you with me?' he remembered how scared and hesitant Percy was whenever Oebelius was involved. He understands him now. That prominent and heavyweight in his consciousness is freighting.

'Always.' Percy answered without any hesitance. 'I- I'm sorry about before.'

'It's okay Percival, I understand.' Karter replied with a hint of amusement.

'That is not my name!' Percy furiously said, suggesting annoyance in his tone. 'Let's do it together?' The wolf sounded after he made up his mind, this time the task was not as dreadful. 'Reach to him as we do it normally. It might be easier this time.' Karter carefully listened and tuned out his surroundings completely.

Karter moved closer to that space in his mind, it was familiar but foreign at the same time. He intertwined his consciousness with Percy and fully embraced Obelius's presence.

On the other hand, Ivan has been patiently watching Karter for the last 5 minutes. The Omega had his eyes closed and his form stilled. Suddenly, Karter furrowed his borrowed and griped the bedsheet under his fingers. His face became pinched and the Alpha felt a hint of panic through their link before it faded away with his intense expressions. Karter's body became lax and his face looked like he was concentrating on something.

Ivan knew it would take some time and fortunately, it was a patient wolf.

'Hello again.' If Karter was told to explain Obelius' voice, he would describe it as calm. The Omega felt a weird sense of peace washing over him which was putting his instincts at guard. Even though he was scared of finally making Obelius a reality, he was determined to accept his fate.

'Hello.' Karter timidly replied.

'I perceive that you are no longer fearful.' He said, letting Karte detect some amusement in his tone.

'I'm still fearful.' Karter said, deciding that he trusted the wolf with his true feelings.

'I notice that.' Obelius said and conveyed a sense of confidence. 'I experience whatever you do. Just like between you and Percy, there is nothing to hide among the three of us.' He revealed.

'Okay.' Karter took some time to collect his thoughts. 'So, is it really true?' He asked him the most anticipated question. 'Are you really...?'

'Yes. Yes, We are.' Obelius' firm voice came. 'We are the direct offspring of the Moon Goddess.'

Ivan watched Karter let out a deep breath.

'You are scared of it?' The mighty wolf asked.

'Yes.' Karter shuttered. 'It's a lot of-'

'It's a blessing.' Obelius interrupted.

'It is! I'm so honored- um but it's just a big responsibility and I don't even know what my duties are.'

'You will understand your duties in time, young wolf. Just know that we are sent into this world for a great purpose. I can't reveal much about the future but I ask you to put your faith in mother. I will guide you in every step but I require your complete trust in me. We will face countless difficulties in our way but I vow to stay to the good cause.'

That speech was enough to take down the wall of doubt around Karter's heart. Obelius' voice contained reliance and boldness.

'I surrender my being to you. You have my complete faith.' Karter selected his word wisely as he answer truthfully.

'I'm delighted to hear that. I have seen your life and I'm no stranger to the troubles you have faced in your life. I'm well informed that you've been tormented for being an Omega. I know this pack is the best place for them but there has been sexism nevertheless. All I want to say is that Karter, I'm proud of you. I'm proud of the wolf you have become. Because of your being, this time, it might work.'

Karter's breath hitched and he felt tears dwell in his eyes. Those words touched his heart and allowed warmth to embrace his body. He never knew how much he needed to hear this.

'T-thank you, I...I don't know what to say.' Karter managed to say. 'Thank you for saying that.'

'It's the truth.'

'What did you mean by 'this time'? You said 'this time' has anything like this happened before.'

'I can't tell you that, Karter.'

'But can you tell me what is going to happen? What the problems will look like? Anything?'

'I can't tell you that either.'

'Why not?'

'It's not wise to reveal such things. Honestly, even I can't foresee much. If it's the Goddess' will, everything will be fine.'

Silence fell upon them. Karter didn't want to argue with a god but he also wanted to know more so he's prepared.

'I can't stay with you for much longer, young wolf. Your body still fights me since it's not strong enough to endure my presence for long yet. You will gain more strength and fight for the future of your brothers and sisters. I shall talk with you in a while.'

The conversation was still heavy on Karter's heart as he lay with Ivan was fast asleep. His thoughts were keeping him awake while he replayed everything Obelius revealed to him. He babbled everything to Ivan as soon as the connection got cut off. The Omega marveled to his mate how that overwhelming presence outweighed his senses. He expressed that he felt energized and drained at the same time. As he reveled in Obelius' presence, his body emerged in power, and as he left, he felt as his soul left him. It was an experience for sure. Ivan had congratulated him for moving forward in their unknown mission. It made Karter realize that these moments are important to acknowledge.

--------

"He might be awake soon." An Alpha wolf in a white coat informed the pack leaders.

Ivan and Karter came to visit Killian in the hospital. They forcefully sent Alex to rest since he spent the night in the waiting room. Currently, they were watching the wolf through the glass window. Killian was obviously in his wolf form which was beneficial anyway since they heal faster. Some of the wires were taken off went Killian passed some tests the doctors performed. The pair was positive when they saw how happy the doctor looked when they arrived.

"That's a relief." Karter smiled at him and leaned towards his mate. Ivan kissed the top of his head as the reassurance spread in his heart as well. No words can describe how much he was looking forward to seeing Killian, fighting with him, laughing along his side, and just.... living.

"Would you like to stay with him?" Ivan asked as he prepared to leave. Today was a crucial day since yesterday the Elders and his parents advised him to hold the press conference tomorrow. This attack has been the last straw. The pack doesn't want the higher-ups to get that much involved in the business. They were planning to solve whatever the problem was by themselves.

"Sure." Karter answered and went on his tiptoes to kiss him.

"Don't forget to go to your appointment." Ivan reminded him and watched his mate nod with a small smile on his face.

"I'll join you at 5. I want to attend the meeting." The meeting the Omega was talking about was quite important since Ivan will be uncovering the final speech.

"See you then." Ivan placed a last kiss on Karter's plump lips and nodded to the doctor as he left.

"Feel free to wait here, Luna." The Alpha doctor gesture to the chair and let Karter alone in the hallway.

The pack Luna sat on the chair that provided a decent view of Killian. He settled himself and kept his eyes on the unconscious wolf. He was required to go to an appointment with Dorothy in an hour. She asked to do a general checkup and ran a few tests to see if anything changed. They decided that they wouldn't tell many people about Obelius' situation. Ivan suggested that their parents and selected Elders will be the only ones to know that Karter can talk to the godly wolf. It was to ensure Karter's and the pack's safety. They can't afford any more attacks.

Karter greeted Obelius in the morning but the connection immediately got disconnected due to a headache. He remembered Obelius' words when he said his brain was weak and couldn't last such a strong presence yet. So he stayed conversing with Percy as a pastime.

Karter's eyes snapped when the nurse beside Killian looked panic-stricken and a few seconds later, a doctor entered the room. The Omega stood up from the seat and walked closer to the glass. He saw that the nurse and the doctor were plastered by a monitor and were closely observing the flimsy lines.

When the doctor exited the room, Karter immediately approached him and asked him what had gone wrong.

"Nothing's wrong per se. We detected that someone was trying to mind link him, quite forcefully to say the least." The doctor sighed. "You know we advise against it since it can cause some minor problems but looks like some pack member is having a hard time following those directions. It isn't creating any complication but it might cause Killian some mental distress when he wakes." The doctor explained. "I will give an announcement to the pack regarding this."

"It's not someone in the pack, doctor. Killian has been traveling around the world so he created connections to some other different packs. It's likely that someone outside the pack is trying to contact." Karter clarified. He was taught this in school and solely remembered since he found this concept very interesting.

"Oh, how long has he been traveling?" He asked, the situation now making sense.

"Several years." Karter answered and turned to Killian. He squinted his eyes when he saw a small twitch on his jaw. "I think he moved." He jerked his head in surprise.

"Yes, he has been twitching like that since last night. That is why we think he'll wake up soon."

---------

"How was the appointment?" Ivan pulled Karter closer and squeezed the smaller tightly.

"Boring. It was hard not to tell Dorothy about him." Karter mumbled in Ivan's mommy milkers, feeling like he was in heaven.

"Any updates on Killain?" Ivan shifted his eyes on Peter and smiled. They were in quite a hurry in the morning when Ivan noticed that there were not many warrior wolves who were free at the moment to assist Karter. So he asked Peter to become Karter's bodyguard. Later they decided that they'll let him do his own duties and let Karter choose another wolf.

"He's twitching." Karter answered as they walked to the elevator.

"Twitching?" Ivan asked confusingly.

"Yeah, and someone is trying to link him. I think it's someone outside of the pack." Karter pressed on the highest floor where Ivan's office and the meeting room are.

"Likely." Ivan closed his eyes and took in Karter's scent, calming his beast down who was anxious to let him go in the morning.

"Speech is ready?" Karter asked after they stepped outside of the elevator.

"Yeah, dad worked on it and we completed the final draft." Ivan pushed open the door of the meeting room. Ivan's parents, the Elders, and Alex were seated seriously. They rose at their arrival, with the exception of Lucas who was staring hard at the paper in his hands. Ivan helped Karter sit and asked for the speech from his dad.

"This is the speech I will present to the media tomorrow." As everyone got seated, Ivan remained standing. "Here I go." He cleared his throat.

------------

"Ladies and gentlemen of the media, thank you very much for your presence." Ivan started...In front of the swarm of people with flashing cameras.

"Good afternoon everyone." He let out a deep breath as he felt his palm sweat. The Alpha was quite nervous since it was his first time holding such a press conference. He looked dashing in the dark blue blazer that he wore with a simple black tee. "I'm Ivan Nicholas Black, proud Alpha of Black Stone pack."

"As you all know, there have been countless rumors concerning our pack since my mating ceremony." He said after briefly glancing at the paper on the table. "I have asked for your attendance to clear the situation so there won't be any misunderstanding to shake the trust between us."

"I want to begin by expressing gratitude towards all the best wishes I received upon my mating. I was truly blessed with the perfect mate by the Moon Goddes." Ivan smiled to his left where Karter was standing behind the covers. The Omega was seen to fiddle with his hands in worry in place of Ivan.

"You all might have heard numerous stories of what happened during my mating ceremony. Without addressing any rumors, I confirm by saying that my mate is blessed by numerous abilities given to him by the Moon Goddess. I'm proud to reveal that he can change into a form other than his own wolf's."

Ivan paused as the flashes of the camera went crazy as well as the scribbles on their notepads. Everyone's eyes were wide and they murmured to each other to amazement and confusion.

"As you all might be aware of the rarity of a white wolf. They are ancient and are known to be the strongest. My mate, Karter Arya Starr, can change his form into a powerful white wolf. He is bigger than any wolf I have ever seen and his dominance doesn't match any." He sang praises of his lover that came naturally on his tongue.

"Surely, we had his body respectfully assessed and thanks to the Goddess, he is healthy and safe. We are yet to know how and why he was given this blessing but we believe in time, our Goddess will show us the way."

"I also want to put some light on the unfortunate events that took place just a few days ago. Karter, my mate, and Killian, our pack's ex-head warrior, were attacked by two wolves and put into grave danger due to serious injuries. As we speak, Killian is still unconscious in the hospital. Fortunately, he was strong enough to protect the Luna so that he didn't suffer any major physical harm."

Again, the flashes and scribbles and the intense stares.

"We are still not aware of the reasons and motives behind the attack but certainly our pack is devastated by it. Without any involvement from other packs and organizations, the Black Stone pack will investigate this case and surely get to the end of it." His voice contained firmness and absolute authority.

"By all means, we will use the abilities, our Luna was blessed with, to ensure the safety of our pack and assist our allies. As always, we stand with peace and order, and that will never change. Thank you." As expected, the media people shouted questions at him despite knowing that Ivan won't be answering any. They watched him get up from the seat and walk away.

----------

"The Alpha of Black Stone pack came forward in the eye of the media to address the speculations that have been rooming around for the past 5 weeks. Alpha Black explains that his mate, Karter Star, was blessed by some 'abilities' by the Moon Goddess. There are different points of prospection in the people, to say the least."

Karter was holding his breath as he listened to the newsreader on the huge screen. The meeting room was filled with Ivan's parents, Elders, and advisors. It has been an hour after the conference and they were gathering the reaction of the world. As indicated by Ivan's speech, they decided not to reveal the complete truth about the situation because there are high chances that the public will take the news negatively. Even if something happens and they are forced to disclose the truth, later on, they can play it off by saying they were not aware of it as well. Lucas pressed on keeping the information in closed doors and Ivan decided to trust him.

"An uproar was caused after this information was resealed however there is still no response from The Concile." The newsreader stated after she glanced behind the camera. "Linn Davis, Alpha of Storm pack, expressed that she is appalled at the unexpected news but stands beside the Black Stone pack. She also says that even if this event were out of the blue, she considers this as a miraculous blessing by the Goddess. After her statement, 6 packs from the north, 3 from the south, and 12 from the west acknowledge and desire to know more about this blessing."

Karter let out a sigh of relief as Alex pumped his fist up in celebration after hearing the news. He looked back at Ivan whose eyes were still trained on the screen but his expressions softened extremely.

"After Alpha Black's speech, a health report was released which confirmed the allegations. Many packs agree with this news, however, so far 5 packs came forward to claim it as a blunder and fraud. They express that this is a fruitless attempt made by the Black Stone at climbing the list."

Karter's smile fell. The reports were certainly not forged. They only issued the ones that didn't mention the existence of Obelius.

"Sinistra Blue, the Alpha of one of the 5 packs stated that the report is a sham and that no one would believe these claims if shown otherwise."

"Well, that was expected." Lucas heavily said.

"She has always been jealous of our success." Alex buttered muttered. "No matter how much she tried, her pack never surpassed us." He informed Karter who looked very confused by the exchange. "She's getting old, has no Alpha child but refuses to appoint another able Alpha from her pack. A stubborn one, she is."

"Look on the bright side, only 5 packs are against us so far." William said making a few heads nod in agreement.

"It's better than what we expected," Ivan said and stood up from his seat to walk towards the television. "Two more against us." He read the headlines. "Seven more with us." He continued and showed an encouraging nod to the group. "Keep track of who is with and against us." He directed to Alex. "Any news from The Co-"

"Phone call from The Concile!" Milo abruptly opened the door, he appeared shuffling with sweat on his forehead. "They want to talk with the Alpha." He revealed and a cell phone could be seen in his hand.

----------

(No name revealed yet)

Lamia Uriel Raziel (Jose Wickert)

In a dark room, that was only illuminated by the moonlight coming from the many large windows, was a man sitting on an enormous chair, which seemed more like a throne than a simple chair. The object was black in color and conflicted with the rest of the modern-looking room, it gave off the vibe that the person it belonged to was a sadistic villainous person. Below the throne, multiple individuals sat bowing on one knee as they were paying respect to the man who looked like death itself. His dark skin competed with his pure black eyes that stared at them, as to dominate every person present. The people didn't dare look up, fearing for their lives and just waited until their lord retracted the frightening aura.

"So, how did it go?" He spoke slow and demanding, his voice deep and bone-chilling. He finally broke the suffocating silence and gave them a chance to breathe.

"I regret to inform you, my liege. But we couldn't capture that godly wolf. Some unfavorable variables that we didn't predict interfered and they got away." The man, who looked more like an adolescent boy, had a big scar on his neck, spoke.

Smaller in build from the rest of the men in the room and the only one who was standing, he stood out like a sore thumb. His appearance was that of an angel, white hair that hung below his waist, his pale complexion and feminine features completely overlooked his dark and twisted personality. In his eyes, there was only one 'person' he worshipped, that one person who could even kill him in cold blood and he would still sing his praises. Known for his admiration and complete trust towards his lord, he was the right-hand man of the man sitting on the throne.

"Hmm. I see." He looked down at them in disinterest. He rolled his eyes at the information he received, making everyone pray for their lives.

"My lord I apologize. It happened because I failed to choose the right people. Their stupidity led them to push the boy into finally accepting him. I understand that it was not our plan. The imbeciles informed us that they received information about the boy. Saying he's close to accepting him." The white-haired male spoke from the right side of the throne, his voice was laced with regret and shame.

"Uriel. You have never let me down and that is true this time as well. We just wanted to give them and little scare, to prepare them for it to come. So what you did was sufficient. I can always depend on you." The man said with a voice so sweet that everyone who heard it felt chills running down their spine. Because it was...different.

"Your words of praise are wasted on this humble servant." With a red face, small voice, and bowed head, he replied. Uriel Raziel was overjoyed after hearing that he hasn't disappointed his lord. That is the thing that he wouldn't do even at the price of his life. He tucked his hair behind his ear and grinned to himself.

"I heard they held a conference. Let's see what bullshit are they feeding the people." He said and a man hurriedly stood up to turn on the recording of the press conference Ivan held a while ago. Uriel was seeking glances at his lord as he always did. He noticed that the wine glass in his lord's hand was empty so he immediately picked up the container and poured a black liquid into it. A black liquid that was darker than anything ever seen.

The man on the throne parted his dark lips, revealing a bright white grin. His eyes smiled in a sick manner and soon there was a burst of loud laughter coming. The other people in the room flinched and nervously shook. "Very well." Still shaking from the laughing episode, he brought up a finger to wipe the mocking tear from the corner of his eyes. "Abilities, he said." He chuckled again, this time addressing Uriel who in return had his heart flutter. "So that is their plan? Pathetic!"Every evidence of giggling and tittering vanished. A sneer took a turn on his lips again.

"Be prepared, my lovely Uriel. We must not have another hiccup, boy."

----------

DADDY ALERT! He is seggsy!

Not gonna lie, the last part of the chapter might be my favorite. I have held the mystery for a long time and now that I'm able to reveal everything, it feels amazing.

New character huh? What do you think about no-name daddy and Uriel? Let me know.

Shout to my sister for helping me write this chapter. She wrote most of the last part of the chapter and I added the last paragraph.

Sorry for the late update but I was busy treating myself the last several days. After all of the festive activities, I decided to commit my being to art. I painted, sketched, and even explored pastel colors (Though they didn't work out for me). I had so much fun and created some impressive pieces if I say so myself. I have been into those things for several years and improved a lot that art has finally become a proud hobby of mine. To be honest, the start of 2022 is the best time of my life, I hope it's the case for everyone.

Vote and please comment your thoughts!

BYE Angels!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 14.4K 44
Worlds collide when Elliot Lockwood, an Omega werewolf, moves into a different pack at 17. Born of warrior parents, he was raised to believe his bree...
135K 6K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
3.9M 169K 81
August Hael is an Omega in a world full of wolves, Omega's aren't treated as well as other Dominant and Submissive wolves are. In his pack, they're t...
403K 20.4K 68
*COMPLETED* After Asher's parents were killed by their enemy pack, he has to take over the position of alpha. Since his parents didn't believe in mat...