Kiss the Girl

By AngelDaelCruz

Kristina moves into New York with hopes that she can start over again, moving from city to city to escape fro... More

Chapter 1 "THE BAR"
Chapter 3 "Fragments"
Chapter 4 "Blue Eyes"
Chapter 5
Author's Note: 100 Reads :)
Chapter 6 "BREAKFAST"
Chapter 7 "RAIN CHECK"
Chapter 8 "THE SONG"
Chapter 9 "THE 22ND STREET"
Chapter 10 "CONFUSION"
Chapter 11 "SUDDENLY"
Chapter 12 "RED VELVET"
Chapter 13 "THE COMING OUT PARTY"
Chapter 14 "THE MIRROR, THE SIGN AND A HERO"
Chapter 15 "STAINED GLASS"
Chapter 16 "One Step Closer Part 1"
Chapter 17 "One Step Closer Part 2"
Chapter 18 "Sí"
Chapter 19 "Falling Slowly"
Chapter 20 "BURLESQUE"
Chapter 21 "I dropped my bagel"
Chapter 22 "Dreamscape"
Chapter 23 "MISTAKEN IDENTITY"
Chapter 24 "Think Of Me"
Chapter 25 " A Christmas Carol"
Chapter 26 "Doubt"
Chapter 27 "Christine, I love you"
Chapter 28 "Giving Up"
Chapter 29 "Stranger"
Chapter 30 "Opening Up Wounds"
Chapter 31 "A Girl Named Zita"
Chapter 32 "Be Brave"
Chapter 33 "Cut and Run"
Chapter 34 "Devil Take the Hindmost"
Chapter 35 "My Salvation"
Chapter 36 "Wise Men Say..."
Chapter 37 "Break It To Me Gently"
Chapter 38 "The Wedding"
Author's Note
Author's note

Chapter 2 "Jessie"

12.3K 388 63
By AngelDaelCruz

I stood there frozen in front of this gorgeous yet handsome looking person. I narrowed my eyes to get a better look at this person ‘cause it’s kinda dark in here plus I’m really dizzy. I think I’m breathing too fast.

“Hey… Are you okay? You want me to get you something?” asked by this stranger.

“AIR! I NEED AIR!” I shouted and gave the stranger the drinks that I was holding then rushed out the door, down through the stairs and leaned my back on the side of the building.

Seconds later, I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I looked to my right and I saw Ginny rushing with a worried look on her face.

“Kristina!” said Ginny finally reaching me. “What happened to you back there? You’re sweating like a beaver who’s about to be chow.”

I stared at Ginny with a flustered look on my face. “B-beavers sweat?” I asked while I catch my breath.

“Yes! I mean no! I don’t know! Are you okay, girl?” asked Ginny who was still worried and I think a little bit confused.

“You took me to a gay bar!” I shouted.

“So? Aren’t you gay?” asked Ginny whom I think was surprised.

“No! I’m not gay! I’m STRAIGHT!” says me with an insisting voice.

“You’re not? Oh… I thought you were… you know… a lesbian” says Ginny.

How Ginny could ever thought I’m gay? Really, Ginny? Really? Is it the way I walk, the way I talk, the way I laugh, do I have that what they call a “swag” or something. De ninguna jodida manera.

“Ginny, do I look gay to you?” I said while I point to myself.

“Well… Yeah. ‘Cause you got that vibe of a hot chick lipstick lesbian… or Bi.” Ginny said with an embarrassed face. “You’re not a homophobe are you?” she added.

“No. Of course not, Ginny. I just got jumpy, that’s all. I’m sorry.” I replied.

“Okay. Do you still wanna go back inside? It is a special night and I don’t want to miss the show.” said Ginny.

I gave a half smile while reaching for Ginny’s hand, “C’mon… Let’s go back in. I think I’m okay now. Just don’t leave me alone.”

Ginny reached my hand, “Fine. But this kind of hand holding makes me think you’re gay and just so you know, missy, you’re not my type.” says Ginny who started laughing.

I rolled my eyes and laughed with Ginny as well.

We entered The Riff again when suddenly someone grabbed my right arm and I almost tripped. I quickly turned around and it’s that handsome looking person again. Ginny raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms while looking at this person, as if she knew this fellow.

“Jessie, what are you doing? Are you drunk?” Ginny said sarcastically.

“Chill, baby doll! I just wanna know who your friend is. Maybe, buy her a drink or two. What do you say?” said Jessie turning her eyes on me with a very mischievous smile.

I frowned a little bit ‘cause this “hey look at me” person is trying to look cool in front of me and I don’t like that. Let’s not forget I’m straight. I very well know that this guy is a girl. I mean look at her… she’s wearing a gray v-neck sweat shirt, underneath it is a stripe blue and white polo and a black necktie around it, her pants are just plain light brown jeans paired with a cool looking sneakers. Her hair is very short much like Ellen de Generes’ style. She has a piercing on her right lower lip which emphasize her boyish smile. I can’t seem to know if she has breasts.

“C’mon, Ginny I just want to make a new friend.” said Jessie while raising her shoulders.

Ginny was about to speak when I stepped in front of Jessie just an inch close to her face looking straight into her eyes and I said, “No peude.” Then I turned around, grabbed Ginny’s hand and walked straight to our designated table.

We sat down with my colleagues from the café and I know Ginny is staring at me with a dumbfounded face with her mouth open.

I looked at Ginny and said, “Ginny, close your mouth and stop staring at me.”

Ginny snapped out of it and shook her head, “Girl that was sexy and fierce! You crushed Jessie! Oh my God! You straight girls are soul crushers.”

Then Lizzy and Madison who was sitting with us said, “Kristina’s straight?”

I looked at them with my mouth open, “Why did you all think that I’m gay?”

Then Madison answered, “Amm… cause of your fingers.”

“My fingers?” I asked.

“Yeah… well, your fingernails to be exact. They are so neatly trimmed.” Madison explained.

I looked at my fingernails then looked at Madison, “So? I like it trimmed.”

Lizzy added, “The way you look at girls, you seemed very interested with our body.”

“And don’t forget the Gay Vibe that I said earlier”, said Ginny.

“No, you got it all wrong. I’m not—“

“Hey, Ladies! I got all of you some refreshments”, said Jessie cutting in placing the mixed drinks on our table and sat beside me.

Oh no… not this girl again. Please go away. I thought I crushed this fellow. Atleast that’s what Ginny said.

“You girls, enjoying yourselves tonight?”, Jessie turned to me, “How about you? What’s your name? My name is Jessie. Jessie Andrews.”

I got irritated a little bit because this girl won’t give up. Seriously! Oh and that smell? Is that her cologne or perfume or something?

“Okay, if you won’t tell me your name then maybe it’s a secret name. But I’m good at knowing secrets.” said Jessie while moving her eye brows up and down.

“Jessie, don’t be stupid! She’s straight!” said Lizzy, “You don’t want be heartbroken like your best friend AJ wouldn’t you?”

Then everyone started laughing except me.

“Remember the code. Never fall for a straight girl.”, said Ginny.

Then Jessie looked and smiled at me and then said, “I’ll take my chances.”

No way. Did I heard that correctly?

Then I said, “Oh no, no, no nice try, buddy but no thanks! Not a chance! You’re not my type and I don’t roll that way. I like guys and it’s ALWAYS going stay that way. Get the picture?”

Jessie started laughing, “You’re funny. I like that. I may not be your type but I think I can see a smile on your face. Right there. It’s cute. I’m making you smile. Meaning there’s that 1% tiny bit of chance that you might say yes to me in the future. Let’s start tomorrow, 7am, coffee, at the Café downstairs.”

“Very smooth, Jessie. Very smooth.” said Lizzy shaking her head.

“Too bad. I have work tomorrow. I can’t.” I said.

“She actually works at the café now. Carol just hired her this morning.” said Ginny trying to hide her laugh.

I looked at Ginny with a pissed off face. Really, Ginny? Why would you say that?

“Well, that makes it easier for me to find you and maybe I could ask Carol if I could take you out on a date. We’re pretty close.” Jessie said with confidence.

I have no problems with the LGBT community but this one, this particular person just can’t take no for an answer. But don’t get me wrong, Jessie is beautiful and handsome at the same time. Any non-straight girl would fall for her charms and wits and her silly pickup lines however, it’s not gonna be me. Lo juro por Dios.

“I don’t think so.” I said as I move away from Jessie.

Jessie nodded and said, “We’ll see about that, Miss—“

Then suddenly.

“Kristina!”

It’s Carol. She said my name. I know for sure Miss Oh So Full of Charm heard it. Great! Just great! What else can go wrong?

“Having a great time?”, said Carol looking at me and the others. “I see you’ve met Jessie, Kristina.”

“Ah… So her name is Kristina. Nice. It’s a beautiful name. No more secret names, huh?” said Jessie with a smirk on her face. “I told you I’m good at knowing secrets” Jessie added arrogantly.

“I think Jessie is barking at the wrong tree.” said Ginny while taking a zip of her cocktail drink.

Carol looked at Ginny with a wondering face. “What do you mean, Ginny?” said Carol.

“Well… you see here, Jessie is trying to smoosh her way in with Kristina. Unfortunately, this girl is straight!”

Carol’s eye widened and stared at me from head to toe. “You’re straight? Then what are you doing at a gay bar, my dear?”

Not again with this issue. Geez, I’m straight! Do I really look gay? Do I smell like one? Though I don’t know how they really smell. But wait a minute. Is Carol gay?

“I don’t think you’re straight, missy. I can sense a lot of gayness within you. I was once with a girl back in college. We dated for I think a year or so but we broke up ‘cause I have to move here in New York and she doesn’t want a long distance relationship. I was only gay for her. After I moved here I met my husband, two years later we got married and six years later we got divorced and that’s about it.” said Carol bitterly.

So Is Carol gay or not? I don’t really get it. But I felt sorry for her divorce.

“But I’m really happy ‘cause I have my café and bar family right here and my awesome niece and nephew.” Carol added.

“Yeah. Atleast one of them is present in your life and the other one is just hibernating.” said Lizzy sarcastically.

“That’s life, Lizzy. Can’t do anything about it.” said Carol staring blankly in the air. “Anyway, the show is about to start. Hope you guys enjoy it. It’s Burlesque Night! Wooooh!!”

Wait. What?? Burlesque Night? There it goes again. That strange feeling in my stomach, that intense headache. I can feel my world is spinning faster and faster and faster. I don’t know what’s happening. I can feel I’m breathing fast again. Oh God! Oh God! Then the crowd started to roar when the curtains opened and I saw a bunch of girls wearing sexy red lingerie. Even Lizzy and the others were wildly cheering. Memories. Memories.

“Kristina?”

I snapped out of it when Jessie called my name.

“Are you okay? You look pale. You want some water? You want me to get you some?” Jessie asked worriedly.

She didn’t wait for me to answer. She just stood up and got me some water.

“Here. Drink it all up.”

I can’t hear Jessie cause of the loud noise that the people are making. I don’t like it. It makes me feel unsafe.

“It’s okay. It’s just water.” Jessie said loudly.

I took the glass of water and drank it all out. I tried to calm down and slowly breathe in and breathe out. Then Jessie took the empty glass and placed it on the table.

I turned to Ginny and whispered, “I think I wanna go home now. I don’t feel good.”

“What? But the show just started.” Ginny said sadly.

“Yeah, I know. But I really don’t feel good.” I said with frail voice.

“I’ll take her home.” said Jessie with no hesitation.

I turned to Jessie, “No. It’s okay. I can go home by myself. Thanks for the water.”

I stood up and left the bar. As I walk, I can hear the loud music is starting to fade away. I embraced myself because I’m starting to feel the pain in my chest. I know I need to be strong.

Then suddenly I heard someone calling out my name.

“Kristina! Hey, wait!”

I turned around and it’s Jessie. Oh, Jessie. Oh boy.

“Let me take you home.” said Jessie who was panting trying to catch up with me. “I know I was prick back there. But I am so much more than this. I don’t know… I just… amm…You don’t know me but I… I wanna know you.” Jessie paused and smiled, “Can I atleast walk you home?”

To be continued…

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 109 35
She moved all the way from Maine to a small town in Nebraska just as her senior year began. Thankfully, she managed to make two friends on her first...
325K 11K 36
(TeacherxStudent)"I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't find you attractive." "But you said you only were with him because he begged you and if he...
121K 4.7K 30
After spending time in paradise with Megan's money, Lauren and Victoria need to do something productive before they burst. They decide to take on a l...
78.7K 2.6K 10
"Kiss me." "I think I'll pass." Before I could say anything else, her hands grabbed my hips and slammed my back against the wall. And her lips found...