Summer Love - James Worpel

By gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... More

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 10

247 7 81
By gobulldogs_

The rest of the week flies by in a blink of an eye and before I know it, it's already Saturday. I am pretty surprised with how fast the week has gone as usually the last couple of weeks of school drag because everyone is tired and just wants to go on holidays, but I guess I have been enjoying teaching, so as the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun.

Today though is not going to be that fun.

Fishing with Aaron.

Why the fuck did I agree to this?

It's 5:30am and I am up, getting ready to go fucking fishing, FISHING. Who would've thought? Tahlia going on a boat to catch fish... something no one would expect.

But I felt bad saying no, so I had to go. I'm mainly going just to spend time with Aaron as we've both been pretty busy lately and haven't gotten much time to catch up. Especially with the boys back at training.

I quietly go downstairs, turning the light on and making myself something to eat. I decide to make some toast with butter and Vegemite, as I really can't be bothered making a fancy meal, especially this early in the morning.

I am about to doze off when the toast pops up and scares me. I grab the toast out, placing both pieces on a plate before grabbing a butter knife and spreading just the right amount of butter, and Vegemite. 

I quickly eat the two pieces, before I put my plate in the dishwasher and head back upstairs to brush my teeth.

I am just about done when I get a message from Aaron, telling me that he is here. I grab my things and head downstairs, before heading out the front door, making sure to lock it behind me.

I walk to Aaron's car, opening the door and getting in.

"Good morning." I say putting my seat belt on and Aaron smiles, putting the car in reverse and backing out of the driveway, before turning down the street and starting the journey to the beach.

"Morning, I'm surprised you were ready." He teases and I roll my eyes.

"I do know how to get ready on time yeah?"

"Oh I know you do, but it's literally 5:50am."

"Well you said 6am, but I knew you'd be here earlier." I say and he laughs.

"You know me too well."

"I'd be quite concerned if I didn't."

"That's very true." He says and I smile at him.

Not long later we finally arrive at the beach. Aaron parks near a boat ramp so that we can access his boat. We both get out of the car and walk along the footpath before heading to the doc where his boat is parked.

"Ah there she is." He says and I chuckle.

"So what you just leave it here?" I ask and he nods.

"Yep." He says and I nod.

"What happens if someone steals it?"

"They can't steal it, they don't have the key."

"Right." I say as we stop at the boat. Aaron jumps in first before grabbing my hand and helping me onto the boat.

"Surprised I didn't stack it." I say once I'm standing in the boat and Aaron laughs.

"You would've if I didn't help you."

"Agreed." I say and he smiles, guiding me to the seats, before he starts the engine and we take off into the ocean.

The sun has risen and the view is gorgeous, so I take out my phone and snap a few pics, before I continue enjoying the scenery.

Aaron stops the boat shortly after and throws a couple of rods in, whilst I just sit there and watch.

"You wanna try throwing a rod in?" He says and I nod, reluctantly getting up and walking over to where he is standing.

"I'm gonna be terrible at this."

"No you're not. You're good at everything cause you're a fucking Bontempelli."

"You're so sweet." I say and he smiles.

"So, you grab the rod, and hold it with your left hand towards the bottom of the padded area, and your right hand on top." He says then he frowns. "You're right handed yeah?"

"Yes Aaron, I am right handed." I say and he nods.

"Alright, just making sure. So this one's already got bait on it, so all you need to do is here I'll help you." He says walking over to me and standing behind me, placing his hands on mine which sends butterflies to my stomach, which I find weird.

"Then you just move your arms slowly backwards so that it is sort of behind you, but not directly behind you, then when you're ready you just throw it, obviously holding the rod." He says and I nod.

"Doesn't sound that simple."

"Alright I'll do it with you then." He says readjusting his hands so that he has a proper grip on the rod.

Both our arms come back to our sides, before we release the line into the water.

"And now, see this thing here, pull it towards you and the line should tighten, so that you've brought the line closer to the boat."

"Wow." Is all I can manage to say and Aaron chuckles.

"Did I overload you with info?" He says as I turn to face him, our bodies inches apart.

"You did." I say looking up into his gorgeous blue eyes and he smiles.

"Sorry, just I thought I'd teach you and not just do it for you, hope I made sense."

"No, you definitely made sense." I say. "But your explanations could be improved."

"Okay Miss bontempelli." He says and I smile. We both stare at each other for a bit before we both break eye contact.

We both happen to look back at each other again and I smile, leaning up and placing a kiss on his cheek, which makes him smile.

"I'm pretty sure you missed the target." He says pointing to his lips and I shake my head.

"Been there done that, don't really think it's a good idea."

"You're probably right, but I won't complain this time if you do kiss me." He says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Really now?"

"Yep."

"And why's that?"

"Well, you were going through a tough time a few years ago and I didn't want to get in the way of that and get my head kicked in by Dunks."

"Fair enough." I say placing my hands on his forearms which makes him smile.

"What are you doing to me?" He says quietly and I shrug.

"I'm doing what feels right, but the last time I did that it didn't go very well."

"You know I'm different yeah."

"No I know, it's just. Wouldn't it be a bit weird between you and Josh, if like something was to happen between us... romantically, cause honestly I couldn't careless what he thinks, and my brother, well, he's not dumb."

"You're right." He sighs and I sigh as well.

"Look I don't want to ruin our friendship. I know it sounds stupid but sometimes I wish I didn't have the last name I have."

"You don't mean that."

"Well it's hard because I don't know what to do. Like a lot of the boys at the club are awesome guys, including you but it's not like I can..." I start but Aaron cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine, which catches me off guard at first, but then I don't hesitate to kiss back.

Our kiss lasts a few seconds but it's enough to get me thinking about pursuing something with Aaron. I know it's wrong, it's so wrong, but I guess you can't help who you fall for, and Aaron has unfortunately liked me for a long time, it was about time he acted on it.

We pull away from our kiss and I look up at him, and he shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, I just."

"No, it's fine, really, it's just a kiss."

"Yeah, no you're right." He says and I grip his forearms again as I sense him about to walk away. I lean in and place a kiss to his lips then sigh.

"Don't be sorry for kissing me, it's just.... Shits complicated."

"I know." He says wrapping his arms around his waist and sighing. "I just wish you saw something in me before Dunks."

"I sometimes wish that too, but then I think about our friendship and how much we've supported each other over the years and to lose that, hurts more than losing Josh." I say and he smiles.

"Should we just forget it happened?"

"I think that's best. But if there was something more related to that kiss then please tell me. I don't want to hurt you." I say and he nods.

"It was just a kiss, nothing more."

"You promise?"

"I promise." He says then he smirks. "I think I needed to get that out of my system."

"Uh huh, sure." I say, slapping him on the bum as he walks away to check the rods.

I take a seat and look out around me, thinking about what just happened. Am I being stupid for not pursuing something with Aaron? Or am I doing the right thing of valuing our friendship more then a stupid relationship?

I am brought out of my thoughts when I hear Aaron call me.

"Hey Tahls, come over here." He says and I jump up, walking over to where he is. He's kneeling down on one knee, looking overboard at something in the water.

"Is that.. a shark?" I ask and he nods.

"Fucking oath it is." He says grabbing his phone out, opening instagram and filming the shark.

"Good morning Mr Sharky." Aaron says which makes me die of laughter.

"Mr Sharky? Oh my God that is so funny." I say still cackling and Aaron smiles.

"Just wanted to say G'day." He says and I smile, shaking my head at his stupidity.

The rest of the morning flies by pretty quickly. Aaron has no luck in catching any fish, which was a bit disappointing for his sake as he was hoping he'd at least get a bite, which happened occasionally.

Aaron did take me out for lunch, well, it was more brunch if anything. But either way I still appreciated it.

"Thanks for this morning, I enjoyed it." I say unbuckling my seat belt and Aaron smiles.

"I'm glad you did. Sorry that I kissed you." He says and I turn to him, grabbing his face with one of my hands.

"I told you not to be sorry. Let's not let that kiss determine our friendship."

"Okay." He says then he smiles.

I pull him into a hug before I get out of the car and head up the driveway and inside.

When I get in, I hear some chatter in the kitchen and the smell of fresh coffee. They must've just gotten up.

"Morning." I say placing my stuff on the bench and taking a seat which causes Em and Marcus to turn around. "Or should I say good afternoon?"

"Hey Tahls, didn't think you'd be back." Marcus says and I shrug.

"Yeah well Aaron had no luck with the fish, so we decided to come back a bit earlier." I say and he nods.

"Have you eaten?"

"Yeah we just went to a cafe not too far from the beach, so I'm pretty full." I say and Marcus nods.

"Alright, well if you get hungry, we're making food."

"Yeah, I don't think I'll be hungry anytime soon." I say getting up and grabbing my stuff before heading upstairs.

I open my bedroom door before collapsing on my bed, the early start to my day catching up to me.

I get up, closing my door and lying back down on my bed, where I drift off for an early afternoon snooze....

***

The little moment with Naughts was too cute not to write it in. But I'm afraid that's most likely all they're gonna get 🥺

Remember to vote and comment

Next update out soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.3K 1.3K 27
"Don't start to love me again once it's too late." "Well, is it too late now?" "No, not even close." - In which two ex's become best friends.
220K 4K 122
What happens when they start to catch feelings for each other. Will they end the "relationship" or Will they play into their emotions towards each ot...
10.9K 108 38
It must be meant to be when two people parted ways and then keep getting reconnected with one another. But it all turns when it ends up in a love t...
230K 2.2K 44
CURRENTLY RE WRITING Sophia is new to Eden Hall and hanging out with the Ducks has it positives. But maybe dating one of there star player wasn't th...