3 Years

By ILoveCookie3

3 Years. '3 years will fly by,' they said. '3 years will be over before you know it,' they said. 'You won't e... More

Characters
Disclaimers
1 - News
2 - The Last Day
3 - It's Time
4 - I Don't Know
5 - Happy Birthday
6 - Firsts
7 - Night Out
8 - No
9 - The Letters
10 - One Year
11 - The Project
12 - Christmas
13 - Opinions
14 - Overdue
Description
15 - Paralyzed
Timeline
16 - Confused
17 - The Beginning
18 - Planning
19 - Good Ol' Days
20 - Memory Lane
21 - Regrets
22 - The Ring
23 - Storytime
24 - Out on the Table
25 - Introductions
26 - Loose Ends
27 - Falling
28 - Not a Date
29 - Breaking & Bonding
Meant to Be
30 - The Other
31 - Lies
32 - Dinner
33 - Discussion
34 - Ride
35 - Accident
36 - Filling Holes
37 - Noah
38 - Meeting?
39 - Set Up
40 - Not Bad
41 - Date?
42 - Suspicious
43 - Freshmen
44 - New Year, New Family
45 - Doubts
46 - New York
47 - Workout
48 - Fights
49 - Vent
50 - Voicemail
51 - Stupid
52 - Preparation
53 - Salazar-Roberts/Bowen/Scott
54 - Uncomfortable
55 - Trigger
56 - Again
57 - Take Two
58 - Reminiscent
60 - First Impressions
61 - Third First Date
62 - Inkling
63 - Timeless Bond
64 - 2025
65 - Spying
66 - Trial & Error
67 - Twenty Questions
68 - Jobs
69 - Nine
70 - Slices
71 - Alterations
72 - Leaving
73 - Worst-Case Scenario
74 - Frightful
75 - Obstinate
76 - Not Ready
77 - Clone
78 - Do not listen to him
79 - Prolong
80 - Prospect
81 - Strange Situation
82 - Officially Official
83 - Fifth Addition
84 - Intoxicated
85 - Sober
86 - Three Wishes
87 - Holiday Gatherings
88 - First Holiday
89 - Blizzard
90 - Rooms
91 - Perfect Gift
92 - Stuck
93 - Hideous
94 - Portend?
95 - Every day
96 - Snowday Celebration
97 - Unforseen
98 - Birthday Surprise
99 - Two Ton Death Trap
100 - Future
101 - 1 step forward
102 - Lovebug
103 - 3 steps back
104 - Cherish
105 - Permission?
106 - Blessing
107 - Vision
108 - New Beginning
109 - Approval
110 - Forever

59 - Ecstatic

263 10 0
By ILoveCookie3

Early post because why not?😁

The title was once again last-minute. I couldn't think of anything else.

🍪🍪🍪

Nini went back inside with a smile on her face. She was surprised to see the twins still on the couch. "What are you two doing?"

"How do you think it went?" Lauren asked, ignoring the question.

"I don't think you two have anything to worry about. It went well. Really." She went over to them and forced her way to sit between them. She wrapped them both in a hug and whispered, "Thank you for doing this." They didn't know how to respond, so they just hugged her back tightly.

When they pulled away, Jayden said, "Now I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry," Lauren interjected.

Nini laughed and said, "I haven't been to the grocery store in a while, so let's see what we can come up with."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they had finished eating, Nini went up to her room to FaceTime Kourtney. "Kourtney!" Nini said excitedly once she answered the phone.

"Yes?" she asked suspiciously.

"Ricky asked me on a date!" she whispered yelled, careful of her children overhearing.

"Holy hell, no way!"

"Mhm!"

"Tell me everything. What happened? When? How?"

"Well, I had brought up the idea a while ago but then kinda stopped entertaining the thought because so much was happening, but then... he asked today if I was still interested."

"Oh my god, what are you planning to do?"

"I don't know, but I like knowing that we're somewhat on the same page."

"I take it the twins don't know," Kourtney guessed.

"Obviously not. I don't want them knowing; what if it were to end poorly? I don't want them jumping to any sort of conclusions."

"Of course. So you're good after all the, uh... reveals?"

Nini tilted her head. "Yes, I'm good after... everything. It was a lot, but it's not like he had much control."

"Ok, enough chit-chat about that; on to the more important stuff: what are you wearing?!" she squealed.

"I don't know what we're doing yet or when it's happening, so you don't need to plan anything just yet."

"Have you told anyone else?"

"No, it's just us. And it's going to stay that way," she said sternly.

"I swear," she said with her right hand raised. "Now, any more details?" she said in a sing-song voice.

"Um, I don't think so. Ok, enough about me; how-"

"Uh, excuse me, but you can not just say enough. Your life is like a soap opera without all the creepy almost-incest relations."

"Thanks?" she said, confused.

"I mean that we're never going to be done talking about Ricky's reappearance."

"You make him sound like some old recurring character."

"Recurring might be a bit of a stretch. Fifteen years, remember?"

"You're the one that said reappearance." They both giggled, and Nini rolled over onto her stomach. "I'm so happy, and nothing has even happened yet," she gushed.

Kourtney just shrugged. "That's what happens when you fall in love at five."

"Ok, seriously, enough. Now, how has your dating life been?" Kourtney let out a long sigh. "That bad, eh?"

"It's been... interesting. I don't think anything is going to come of this one."

"You've gone on quite a few dates with this guy though."

"I know, but there's... there's just nothing there. He's very sweet and all, but... he tells the same stories every - single- time," she said, moving her head as if she were hitting it against a wall. "I always ask him something, and there's just nothing new."

Kourtney has been on a few dates with people she's worked with, but all of them so far have not turned out too well (as in none have led to anything long-term).

"I still think that one red-haired woman was the best," Nini said.

"I know; I know," Kourtney groaned.

"Do you, uh... do you ever, you know... think about him?" she asked delicately.

Kourtney gave her a pointed look. "Now, you know not every love story is like yours and Ricky's, right?"

Nini chortled and smiled a little. "No, I know that. That has nothing to do with my question though."

"Eh, sometimes," she shrugged. "Not all that much anymore though. He moved to California years ago. What's the point?" The mood turned dark and awkward for a moment before Kourtney said, "Ok, anyway, what are you guys planning on doing?"

Nini could obviously tell she was only saying that to change the subject but decided to not push her any further. "I, uh... I don't know." She looked away for a moment while thinking about that whole... interaction.

"Look... I know that this probably isn't the best time to say this," Ricky began, "but... is the offer of a date... still on the table?" he asked hopefully with gleaming eyes. He was rocking back and forth on his feet, looking adorable as usual.

Nini didn't know what to say at first; they haven't talked about this in so long. "Um... yeah. Yeah, it is."

Ricky's grin widened. "Really?"

Nini nodded, her smile mirroring his. "I don't see why not. What do you want to do?"

"Um, I don't know. I just want to spend some time with you... just the two of us."

"I'd like that... a lot."

"Me too."

"When?"

"Well, are you busy... tomorrow?"

Nini swallowed nervously. "Uh, no. That works."

"Great. I'll pick you up around... six?"

"Mhm, sounds good." What did I just agree to? They hugged one last time before he walked to the car and joined Nia and Noah.

"He didn't say," Nini told Kourtney. "Just that he wanted the two of us alone."

"Oooh," she said in a sing-song voice. "Sounds like Bowen's got a plan."

Nini's face turned a deep red. "Get your head out of the gutter. He does not-"

"It's not my fault that that was the wording."

"Well, your interpretation is wrong."

"Hey, remember when you and Ricky used to deny that you two liked each other then ended up being each other's first-?"

"Kourtney!" she scolded. "Sometimes I think I tell you too much."

"I was just going to say kiss. Chill," she laughed.

"Anyway, what do I do?"

"You've been on dates before in your life."

"Yeah, but I haven't been this nervous since I was like... a teenager."

"This is literally no different... except just twenty years in the future."

"Yeah, totally the same thing," Nini said sarcastically.

"Well, all I know is that I'm doing your makeup."

"I appreciate it, but we're not doing anything fancy."

"First off, makeup is not strictly used for 'fancy' occasions. Secondly, if you don't know what you're doing, then how do you know what you want to look like?"

"I just don't want to overdo it." A notification dropped down from the top of her phone, which slightly scared her. "It's him."

"What is?"

"I just got a text from him."

"Well, what does it say?"

"This feels like high school all over again," she grumbled. Nini opened the text and read it out loud: "'How does Olive Garden sound?'" She felt a little better.

"Perfect," Kourtney commented. "It's a fairly casual restaurant, and you two can simply catch up some."

"Yeah, I'll say yes."

Nini began typing, but Kourtney cut her off. "You're gonna answer straight away?"

"No, we're not doing that thing of purposefully waiting a few minutes before responding." I've always thought that that rule was stupid.

That little comment made her heart flutter. "Olive Garden at six tomorrow," Nini told Kourtney.

"And what are you gonna tell the twins?"

"That it's a girls' night. I don't want to tell them and have them make any assumptions." She remembered how Ricky would get his hopes up when his mom and dad were getting along only for it to be ruined shortly after; she didn't want her kids thinking something if she were to tell them they were going on a date.

"Yeah, that works," Kourtney said.

"And you don't have to do my makeup; I'll just do something light."

"Suit yourself then."

"But... you wanna help me find something to wear?"

Kourtney smiled and clapped. "Yes!" she cheered. "Flip this camera around, and let's take a look. Since it's a little on the informal side, this shouldn't be too hard."

"You know this is happening tomorrow, right?"

"Never too early to start. Besides, I've got nothing better to do."

Nini was smiling ear to ear just thinking about how this date could play out. Let's hope for the best here.

🍪🍪🍪

This popped up the other day:

I love this! And the Vuuugle water bottle too!

(The clip is from season one, most likely the day [or at least around the time] they shot the I love you scene.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 1K 43
"just tell us your biggest secret!" "I can't!" "why not?!" "because it's about you!" ~the deepest secret~ (hsmtmts fanfiction) I do not own these cha...
5.7K 334 29
~ His List: rini au ~ ONGOING ~ when finding a (bucket) list he wrote when he was small, ricky is determined more than ever to complete the tasks, y...
25.5K 685 69
Ricky Bowen, Nini Salazar-Roberts, E.J. Caswell, and Gina Porter are a group of friends that are part of a bigger group of friends. Their all enroll...
1.3K 55 35
Is it just a showmance? Or could it more? Nini and Ricky gets casted as the leads in their school's drama performance. Everyone can sense their chem...