Got my claws in you

By PurpleQueenie

In a world where it's growing more and more common to see people with their furry ears and tails on display... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- snippets of lives
Chapter 2- several lives, one world
Chapter 3- mornings and mishaps
Chapter 4- a clash of instincts
Chapter 5- two heads are better than one
Chapter 6- different worlds, different lives connecting
Chapter 7- the distance closes
Chapter 8- learning new things
Chapter 9- small things, big impact
Chapter 10- your hurts aren't your own
Chapter 11- pains of the present
Chapter 12- the night peace is torn away
Chapter 13- and the world is dark and uncertain
Chapter 14- hurts and aches
Chapter 15- the heart aches and the mind pains
Chapter 16- comfort and cuddles
Chapter 17- more downs then ups
Chapter 18- small steps but we'll get there
Chapter 19- opening doors and leaving them
Chapter 20- restart
Chapter 21- new experiences, new revelations
Chapter 22- misunderstandings
Chapter 23- unspoken hurts don't vanish
Chapter 24- boiling points and the end of tethers
Chapter 25- small changes, big differences
Chapter 26- frazzled nerves
Chapter 27- a new tragedy
Chapter 28- webs untangle, things unfold
Chapter 29- changes of the present
Chapter 30- thrown into hot water
Chapter 31- burning up
Chapter 32- and crashing down
Chapter 33- I can make it better
Chapter 34- small baby steps
Chapter 35- running and stumbling
Chapter 36- fluttering hearts
Chapter 37- aching hearts and parted packs
Chapter 38- actions speak louder than words
Chapter 39- a sticky situation
Chapter 40- healing from hurts
Chapter 41- small developments
Chapter 42- cuddles and comforts
Chapter 43- panics and pain
Chapter 44- undercover feelings
Chapter 45- heated desires
Chapter 46- post feels
Chapter 47- fluttering hearts
Important note!
Chapter 48- blooming affection
Chapter 49- weak spots
Chapter 50- connecting links
Chapter 51- entangled sheets
Chapter 52- the brand of your scent
Chapter 53- pre-heat, current claims
Chapter 54- the taste of you
Chapter 55- poisoned minds, poisoned lives
Chapter 56- hazy mind, clear goal
Chapter 57- ailing woes and crumpling hearts
Chapter 58- blood and bones
Chapter 59- bandaged hearts
Chapter 60- herd and pack
Chapter 62- fluttering truths
Chapter 63- entangled and knotted
Chapter 64- nesting comforts
Chapter 65- loose ends unravel
Chapter 66- chasing highs
Chapter 67- tagteam love
Chapter 68- not so vanilla
Chapter 69- tickled pink
Chapter 70- new faces
Chapter 71- my girl
Chapter 72- indulgence
Chapter 73- catch me
Chapter 74- and take me
Chapter 75- until I'm yours
Chapter 76- and even when I'm yours...
Chapter 77- missing pieces
Chapter 78- every sentence is an end
Chapter 79- old bonds
Chapter 80- old tradition, new memories
Chapter 81- the cost of a wish

Chapter 61- love unravels

4.7K 177 412
By PurpleQueenie

TAE POV:

"Little cub are you ready to go-" I call as I draw open to (Y/N)'s office door, falling silent at the sight of her curled against Jimin's side, Hobi hyung coming to still behind me. His hand splays across the low of my back, head peering over to see before I feel him still.

"Oh sweetheart, what happened?" voice a low empathetic murmur, tinged with protectiveness and hurt, watch her lean away, rubbing at puffy eyes, slightly red-rimmed as she shakes her head and draws herself up and away from the embrace she'd been encased in. Draws herself away from the mattress and the blankets I've seen Min-Jun roll around and nest in, see them be folded away with a ducked head and eyes that don't meet ours for fear of giving away just how much she's trembling inside; her fingers fumbling with the fabric until I move forward and draw it out her grip and let it fall aside. Bring her forward, head ducking to peer at her, meeting eyes framed with damp lashes and lips that smile unconvincingly.

Nose at cheeks both damp and tearstained, lips brushing against the high of her cheek, tail curling to wrap around her waist with the same fierce protectiveness that my arms band across her back, drawing her closer, cheek rubbing against hers.

"Some bad news." Jimin murmurs, taking over folding the blankets, eyes raw and aching with restless instinct, but still they soften, throat tilted unconsciously in submission when Hobi hyung draws him closer, hand drawing him forward and away from the heaviness of pheromones clouded with sorrow and misery. Heavy enough to break through the scentblockers that were slathered heavily across her skin, entangling with sharp mint that makes my lungs burn as I inhale.

My hands tighten, a small growl rumbling in my chest at that; visceral and sharp and predatory, carnal with the need to protect and defend from whatever makes her ears fold as she tucks closer, lips brushing gently against my gland. Even now trying to bring comfort despite being in pain.

"But we're working through it. We'll get through it." she murmurs, fierce and determined, a sharpness to the usually soft tone.

Our mate's a fighter.

But even so my hands linger, unwilling to draw away from the aching sight of what was clearly tears that had just begun to abate when we'd made our rounds and swapped over with the employees slotted to take the next shift. And something connected to the case if Jimin's still around, away from his usual holed up space in the private, guarded ward or at the station.

"A friend, a herdmate. The web gets messier." Jimin murmurs, fingers ghosting along her nape before leaning to brush a kiss there, tail poofier and bristling; as if every hair stands on edge, fur crackling with unexpelled energy and anxiousness. With a raging instinctual need to guard.

His words make (Y/N) still in my arms, her posture hardening before it dissolves, tension seeping away; forcefully levelled out as she withdraws, nodding encouragingly at me even as her ears flicker uncertainly.

"I spoke to SJ. He'll... he'll take care of things." She mumbles, reassuring herself more than me, doe eyes flickering and falling away. Scanning the room for discrepancies, for anything unusual.

It physically pains me to think and wonder how much of that cautiousness has been trained into a habit, how months have moulded her this way.

SJ.

Whatever it was, whoever the friend Jimin mentioned was was connected to her pack then, to her herd. And my stomach lurches painfully at how much of the important people in her life we don't know or have met. How much of her pack, the people she loves and protect are mere names and faces and nothing more.

"Everything doesn't weigh on your shoulders alone kit." Hobi hyung murmurs, slowly drifting back after drawing the blinds and curtains, flitting about with a comfortable ease of knowing how to set the office to rights, just as familiar to it as (Y/N) is.

I growl softly in agreement, lips brushing against her temple before drifting over fluttering eyelids.

"SJ's a good, strong buck. And an amazing friend to you as well. He'll look after them." He adds.

It's a testament to how far Jimin has grown past that possessive jealousy, how much she needs this reassurance too because he nods seriously. Expression both warm and grounding.

"Jangmi's in good hands."

See twirly ears twist in curiosity at the name head tilted contemplatively. But his priority is pack. His priority is in ushering all of us out her office, shepherding us with an efficiency reminiscent of Jin hyung.

"Home. Everything can be discussed at home. I'll drive." Voice soft warranting not a single argument. Gaze warm and hands steady as he herds us briskly out of the cold evening air and into the car, cranking up the heating as he reverses out of parking.

Eyes flicking over to the rear-view mirror to check on us, (Y/N)'s body sandwiched and cocooned between ours, stripey tail curled around her calf and a poofy one draped across her lap; fingers absently brushing over it.

Something warm and settled coming to rest in Hobi hyung's gaze. Turning more confident and relaxed when we enter the apartment, the long-since entangled pack scents bringing a deep biological ease to our small huddle in the hallway.

Something settles inside hyung, and in turn soothes me, but slight restlessness remains as I watch (Y/N) draw her scarf off, slipping it away from unmarked, unscented glands. Watch her; so void of scent, instincts recoiling and protesting at the thought of being left unclaimed, especially when in the warmth of the house, the tang of salt from tears seem sharper and more prominent.

"If I have to rip down every bastard I have in holding cells to find out where (Y/N)'s friend is, I will. If I have to burn the barn and every base for their filthy trafficking I will. But I will not have my pack hurt. I will not have countless other packs and families torn." Jimin vows, vengeance and fierce rage simmering in his eyes and words, murmured as he watches (Y/N) slip away, padding down and the soft murmur of voices as she finds Jin hyung, given the rustling wings. Scent turning sharper and stronger.

Fiercer.

I knew how much was boring down on his shoulders, how much he was dealing with, how much he tried to solve alone, how much he wanted to protect and how much he was being driven all across the city by his duties. He was back and forth at the centre, always staying for a long time holed up in the private ward where the two baby hybrids were; an injured fox pup and an even younger kitten, both displaying signs of malnourishment and weakness. He was either spending time fretty and guarding the two, or at the station narrowing in with clues and evidence as to how deep the trafficking ring ran.

The exhaustion lingers beyond the dark circles beginning to rim his eyes, it's in the tired slumped curve of his body or how readily he tilts against me when I move forward, nodding to Hobi hyung whose eyes search, stepping forward to sandwich our tired fox between us.

"Maybe you need to remember to rest first. The entire police force isn't corrupt nor does the entire weight of every officer's duties bear on your shoulders alone." Voice warm and weighted, nosing at drooping fluffy orange ears.

"An officer is missing, (Y/N)'s unable to help her own pack, there's babies and children we found at the barn who'll suffer the aftermath of deep conditioning for perhaps their entire lives and a fucking mole in the police force we don't know about." Voice hysteric and crumbling, falling apart and threatening to shatter right in front of our eyes, in our hold.

My nose bumps against his jaw, eyes searching for tears and finding only harsh, deep rage etched sharply into his features, fangs pooling over and pupils dilating. His tail swishes and ears pin back, gripping tightly to my jumper, trying to bury away the raw intensity of his emotions by curling closer to my gland. Fangs pinching and scraping and nipping, head burrowing closer, mouthing at skin and coaxing out scent.

"You can't deal with it alone Min. Which is why I gave you a small unit to work for you, to lessen that burden." A deep voice interjects, rumbling with authority and concern and the rich scent of foresty dew that brushes against my nose, head tilting; unknowingly bared more for the scrape of fangs at my throat, as I peer at Joon hyung.

Smile at the endearingly disarming sight of him in oversized clothes and glasses perched on the rim of his nose, hair and ears still damp.

He looked nothing like the growling alpha wolf I knew he was in the taskforce, the one who led and commandeered the case and the shifted patrol of officers the day of the raid.

Gone are the marks and the ugly, mottled bruising under the loose drape of the hoodie, gone is the staleness that pain brought to his scent.

Not an officer at the moment but an alpha wolf in his right still.

Peering with a mixture of chiding exasperation and deep, deep love and protectiveness, tail thumping.

Watches as Jimin curls closer, almost chagrined as he scents; slower nuzzles and softer nips, tongue brushing over the sting with care and focus. Chagrined but also his head ducks lower, ears folding as if to hide away that he's heard; guilt at being called out.

Was he piling on too much pressure knowingly onto himself?

Hobi hyung's eyes narrow, arms winding around Jimin to draw him back.

"Jimin. Breathe. Just give yourself time to breathe." I murmur, thumb brushing over his lip, tilting his face up to brush a kiss across the inviting full curve of his mouth. Leaning closer, noses brushing against each other.

Laughing when I nip the tip of his nose playfully.

"But try overburden yourself then I'll tiger flop on you to keep you home. I may be charmed by your pretty ways but I will do anything to stop my mate from being stupid and reckless in piling on tasks then if I have to bite sense into you I will." I warn.

See the flickering challenge abate immediately when he scans my face, nodding in acquiescence.

See the way his ears and tail droop with apology, immediately forgiven and forgotten and soothed over with low murmurs and a kiss when he slips away to Joon hyung.

"We work as a pack. We'll help (Y/N) as a pack. And we'll help her pack too." He promises.

And though there's things that they can do that we can't, laws and orders and warrants that help them, grant them access to tear open and apart the homes of the people arrested, to leave it bare and broken and ransacked, I'd do everything to protect my mates. I'd sink my fangs deep and tear the throat out of anyone who threatened my pack, I'd spill blood for them.

I'd do everything I could to make sure her scent never soured with distress again, try my best to be there for her.

Hobi hyung's arm worms around my waist, drawing me bodily against him.

"There's my fierce cub." Playful and warm, cheek nudging against my own before he recoils; purposely exaggerated and nose scrunched as the tips of his ears twirl.

"Though I prefer my stripey cub berried and not scentless." Nudging me away only to be dragged close by me once more, nosing at his cheek.

"I like my kitty hyung smelling yummy. Why don't you help me wash it off?" I croon in invite, lips quirking when he immediately delves closer at the proffered arched throat, mouthing at my gland. Rumbling against skin with promise and approval, fangs scraping and nipping.

"I don't think you'll be able to smell berries afterwards cub." He coos, voice heavy and raspy.

Showering was always fun, indulgently so when one of the feline hyungs joined, their scents seeming richer and heavier despite the heavy cascade of water against slick skin.

And even now his body tugs mine closer, laughter and words rumbling against my skin, drawing me closer and closer. Something intoxicating and thrilling about the press of our bodies, cages against one another. The bruising grip of hands tugging me closer, moulded to bare skin and hips rutting against mine torturously slow. Something giddy and light bubbling at the ease with which we know each other's bodies but still fumble to draw clothes off, chasing lips and tracing patterns onto skin.

Hear the unlocked door softly be drawn open and a rumpled fox peers in, eyes slightly clearer of the anxious guilt boring down on him and a proud claim colouring his throat; gland swollen and seeping out heavy rivulets of mint; sweet and cool, brushing against my tongue.

"Space for one more?" he asks, voice softer. Gentle.

Dithering at the doorway because just as much as he's craving closeness, craving a distraction, a reprieve from the bustling thrum of his mind whirring away, he's also willing to leave.

The usually ever-present teasing riling fox isn't there, tail swishing and mint sweetening; turning lighter, softer when Hobi hyung moves away from me to draw him closer too, thumb brushing over the darkened, bruised scent gland, ears twirling as he brushes kisses across cheeks he gently squishes.

Easily tilting and baring his throat in submission.

"Does pup need a distraction?" voice low and gravelly, dropping lower as he stares at the earnest gaze peering back at him, hands curving around hyung's wrists. Nodding.

"Please... I just want, to not think for a while." He admits, halting over the word, almost dithering on it too long.

Hesitating whether even a distraction is something he can indulge in.

But the decision is made for him as I wrap my tail around his waist and bodily tug him forward; lips hungry and impatient and shutting off every possible murmured hesitation or scrap of doubt, fangs sinking into the soft fullness of his bottom lip, tugging at it. Swallowing the startled hiss before his own fangs nip back, a clash of tongue and teeth as he tries to regain the control so easily taken from him with the kiss, tongue brushing against mine with heated fervour and body suddenly slotted flush against me. The slight jolt of his body as Hobi hyung's arms wind securely around his torso, tugging at the shirt tucked securely under the waistband of his trousers.

Nails scraping slowly, relishing the small twist of Jimin's body; sandwiched far too securely to escape the touch, trailing over the toned definition of his abdomen to slowly undo the buttons, drawing the open sides of the shirt off and away from his shoulders.

"Strong, pretty pup." Hobi hyung praises, lips pressing soft pecks across his shoulder, mouthing gently at corded muscle, every touch gentle and grounding where my lips chase deeper, tongue roving and curling, a grin; smug and satisfied stretching across my lips at the groan; needy and wanting reverberating against my lips.

Cradling his cheeks, angling his face to mine and chasing more and more, tail curling tighter and securer around his waist, teasing at his side and brushing and flicking over the cinched belted waist that my hands move to. Slipping the buckle free from the leather, slowly drawing it out of the loops, fingers winding around the thick band of it.

Reaching for the zipper and deftly drawing it down, crouching to drag the fitted materials off thick, muscular thighs, knuckles kneading at the stiffness in them, marveling once more as my eyes rake over the sight; just how firm and supple his body is, sinewy limbs turning pliant and putty as I continue to slowly draw my hands down, drawing the trousers off and then the boxers. See the flutter of his eyes as Hobi hyung with painfully lighter kneads at his back, coaxes out stiffness and nosing at a tilted throat, head resting against hyung's shoulder.

Lips tracing the path my hands were taking, brushing over the inside of his thighs, peering up at him to see pupils dilating, lips parted in a silent wanton groan, feel his muscles tense then loosen, thighs parting.

With how readily he turns to putty, it's clear just how desperately he'd been needing this, constantly assuming and asserting a dominant authoritative role in the station, in this case.

He needed to unwind and relax, handed over the slowly bubbling pleasure over to the two of us, hips rocking forward with a soft, quiet whimper when my tongue slowly flicks over the inside of his thigh, inching closer, body tilting forward as I cup him. Thumb brushing over his tip, breath ghosting across where my tongue slowly laps at him. Coaxing him to hardness with the slow drag of my palm fisting and slow kitten licks as I keep my eyes focused on him.

Watch as Hobi hyung's eyes gleam, dark and predatory and hungering. Thumbs sweeping across the arch of Jimin's throat, tilting it into more pronounced; eyes slowly drawing away to mouth at skin, fangs scraping lightly. Slow unsuspecting trails of kisses and soft nips that lull him, coax his mint sweeter and gentler. Pheromones submitting so easily, so beautifully to the sticky sweet heady indulgence of hyung's nutty caramel scent.

Startling, hips bucking forward harshly, a rough snap of them as my mouth parts, jaw relaxing and gripping his thighs as he thrusts into my mouth, fingers falling away to draw him in deeper, head tilting forward to take him deeper. Groan around him and feel the tremble of his fingers as they grip my hair; tight but not as tight they can grip, can tug and yank and take.

Mint bursting out rich and strong and overwhelming the space of the bathroom, slamming against skin as he groans, keening as his back arches when my fangs sink into his gland, clamping down on an already swollen, marked gland; a deep red that fangs sink and bite at. Bruising the sensitive tissue further.

"Hyung!" such a beautiful cry tumbles past swollen lips slick with saliva and the weighted indent of his own fangs gnawing at the soft flesh, eyes glassy, lashes fluttering delicately. Back arching away from Hobi hyung's bare chest as I continue to take him deeper, watch as skin takes a flushed quality to it, every inch of muscle and softness turning taut.

Draw my lips away from him.

Press and mouth kisses across his hipbone, tracing the sharp lines pronouncing them, draw myself back up and lean to trace the inked letters curling across his rib with my tongue. Feel every sensitive tremor as he keens, tugging harsher and harder at my hair

Lips scorching as they meld to mine, an aching want searing as his fangs scrape at my lips, breathless pants against them, unsure whether to tilt back and present the column of his throat or to rut against my hip.

"Hyung please." He pleads, fingers curling back to grip at the hip grounding against him, keeping his body from twisting away.

"Don't worry pretty pup, we'll distract you. We'll keep you from thinking if all you want is mindless pleasure." He croons, low and enthralling.

"Please. Please hyung." He echoes, nodding shakily and limbs almost uncoordinated as we draw him up.

Steer him towards the bath instead, slowly disentangling from him and letting Hobi hyung draw him back as I move to twist the dials.

Ears perking at the sound of breathy whimpers entangling with softer murmurs; still raspy and low but quieter, as if his lips brush against the shell of Jiminie's ear.

"Don't rile yourself up pup, slow and steady." And when my head twists back to peer at them, it's to see Hobi hyung slowly sucking marks across his shoulder, fingers loosely circled around him and coaxing the slow back and forth rock of his hips in his hold.

"Be good and take what you're given cub." Nosing at skin and tightening his grip slightly, enjoying the increasingly desperate want that has him whimpering pleadingly. Has his scent drowning under bubbling arousal growing thicker and heavier; pheromones intoxicating with it.

And I watch with water soaking my forearms as hyung continues to stroke him to pleasure, the bath bomb dissolved and the soft sweet fragrance of strawberries and vanilla. Overly satisfied at how much it makes me thing of Jin hyung's scent intertwined with my own, melding together in a sweetness that brushes and tickles my nose.

Draw away to perch on the rim of the tub, fingers lazily trailing through the slightly tinted water as I watch Hobi hyung continue to croon to him, tighter grip and teasing nips until Jimin's back arches, spilling over onto hyung's fingers, staining them with his release.

Shuddering as he's coaxed down from the high, scent spluttering in thick rivulets from his glands, a slight tremble to his legs.

Something wicked and dark and primal pooling in Hobi hyung's eyes, tongue lapping at his fingers as he draws his hand away, his other brushing circles onto his hip.

"What a good cub." He praises, my eyes raking over the flushed glow of post-pleasure, see the hazy blink of his eyes dilated wide from where his face had turned to bury against Hobi hyung's throat, breathing in rich sweet caramel, shaky frantic brushes of his lips.

See the looser set to his spine, tilting back into hyung's cradled, secured embrace.

"Good?" I ask, straightening up further and drawing off my own boxers. Moving to lower myself in the bath.

Reveling and not for the first time in the pack-friendly sized bathtub; significantly larger to accommodate a small group relatively easily. Rumbling happily when I sink into the hot water first, tail curling and ears flickering as my hand experimentally splashes at it.

Watch, head tilted back, as Jimin nods, echoes it back slightly breathless, coaxed forward by hyung until he's lifting one leg then the other to sink down in front of me, resting against my chest.

My hands entangle with his, curving and resting against his torso, nosing at the back of his ears; smiling at the softer tinge to his scent. No longer carrying that prickly sharp edge.

Relaxing as he sinks back, my body straightening and the slosh of fruity scented water as hyung slips behind me, a messy entangle of limbs that somehow works. Maneuvering to be more secure, the gentle haze of lazy, slow scents, water sloshing as my limbs move, instincts so thoroughly satiated at being sandwiched by two packmates. One who was scenting me slowly and one whose face tilted to mine, slow unhurried kisses; indulgent and sweet and making both my heart clench tightly and stomach flutter, tail sodden but still swishing, moving to wrap around his thigh.

I'd do anything. I'd do everything.

And with my arms wound securely and tightly around Jiminie, feeling his relaxed weight recline against me, it lets me sink more securely against hyung. Chest rumbling with contentment and satisfaction.

Though even in the lulling haze of water sloshing gently and the soft affectionate press of lips at my shoulder, the twirling ticklish touch of hyung's ears as his head droops and cheek rubs against mine... even then my mind wonders to another mate.

Hoping that our sweet fawn was with the others and okay too.

---------

She excuses herself after dinner. Smile warm but not fully curved as wide I've seen it before. Drifts away from the offer of a rub, Joon hyung's eyes careful and attentive, away from the offer of comfort found in pack piles, found in the hazy entangled embrace of bodies pressed close and swaddled in blankets and crowded on the living room floor.

"Can I come over?" Kookie murmurs, voice soft as he manages to steer her closer, drawing her onto his lap and gently scenting. Chin rubbing back and forth over the crown of her head, snuffling at the damp hair, breathing in pure, sweet anise.

His ears drooping with contentment at the small tilt as her body curves closer for an instant longer, humming as she brushes her lips across his cheek.

"Don't need to ask bun."

But slowly and surely she disentangles herself carefully.

The gentlest brush of our scents against her skin as she leaves.

Quiet footsteps turning noiseless, the barest sound of a door clicking on the other end of the apartment.

Gone.

Shut away.

Though there'd been no distress in her scent, no pain tinging the light curl of pheromones, still my mind drifts.

There'd been no tears when we'd emerged from the bath, no distress or worry but it was in the absent tracing of her fingers across the table surface, distracted from being fully present. Fully immersed in the friendly jibing as Jin hyung swat at Hobi hyung, nose scrunching playfully. Quiet even as Joon hyung sat close, fingers tracing gentle patterns onto the skin of her inner wrist, small slight squirms at the ticklish sensation. Tilting close but content to remain alone with thoughts as she listened to Yoongi hyung talk to Joon.

And hours later, I let instinct coax me closer, let it lead me down the hallway as Kookie slips away to change. Hand curling around the door handle and quietly drawing it open. Expecting for her to be asleep, curled up under the weighted warmth of the blankets. Expecting to find her scent heavy with sleep and soft with contentment.

Not expecting wide doe eyes, alert and awake, to turn to peer at me, body shifting from where she was settled over the sheets, straightening up.

"Tae..." voice soft.

I let the door close behind me, padding forwards, tail curling and swaying.

Ears flickering at the soft rustling coming from her phone, stilling as my head tilts.

"Want me to go?" I ask, aching to stay, wanting to be close.

She diffuses the small fret by shaking her head, patting the space besides her on the bed.

"I'm talking to SJ." tilting her face back to the buck on the screen, his face squished against a pillow, dark eyes weary and slightly puffy.

I clamber onto the bed, sprawling across the sheets and wriggle closer, lips stretching wide when she curls closer, leaning against me even as her eyes drift back to SJ.

"Hi." I murmur, tail curling around her waist, arm draped around her and nosing at her cheek.

The corner of his lips turn up slightly, blinking past the glassiness in his eyes as he looks at us.

His head tilts against a soft plushie that he clings to, burrowing desperately into the material as if to substitute the glaring lack of someone to hug, the lack of (Y/N). My head tilts, examining the familiar sight of the jumper; having seen (Y/N) in it so much, but those clothes had been sent back, replaced with more scented ones.

And the background... my eyes rake over the small details I can glean from the camera screen; curiously probing to find out more of what looks like (Y/N)'s bedroom at her apartment.

"Is that your room?" I murmur, eyes narrowed as I spot the array of cushions, the blankets drawn around him.

The nesting behavior as he unconsciously draw more and more of (Y/N)'s belongings to him, trying to make himself feel comfortable and safe. To replace or replicate the sense of instinctual satisfaction that a packmate brought.

She hums in confirmation, watching with a small wistful smile at SJ's nesting, head tilting to lean more against me, ears flickering against my throat, fingers brushing over the screen as if they'd be able to transcend the barrier and reach out to him, reach out to her place.

My tail curls tighter, hand draping heavier around her waist to bodily draw her closer, positioning her almost half-sprawled under my own body, a keening wanting sound slipping past my lips.

Pausing SJ whose face flickers with brief amusement before purposely dragging a cushion closer and burrowing against it, face settling but not before I see the edges of a smirk curving his lips.

Distracting him from the instinctual comfort he'd been seeking.

"If it's a problem Taehyung, I can take the pillows to my own place. I'm sure half are mine anyways-" teasing and voice raspy.

There's something weighted in his eyes that lessens and dissipates slightly at the way I balk, an indignant growl bubbling from within my throat, lips trembling as it slips past.

"No!" I protest, rumbling sadly against (Y/N)'s cheek, tucking closer and staring morosely at the scene. I wanted to nest in her room, I wanted to see and take a peek around it. I wanted to just clamber in and burrow in the soft sheets, wanted to sink into the haze of being in my mate's nest. Her true nest.

"Stop teasing SJ! My poor pretty kitten." She coos, voice soft petering into giggles when I burrow my head against her throat, her body tilting before her arms crumble, scent soft with giddiness as I nose and burrow against her gland, lips pressing over and over to the sensitive tissue.

Her fingers drift to settle against my nape, absently playing with curls, slow brushes of nails against my scalp, drifting further up to entangle with my hair, slow rubs that coax my body to tilt to lean heavy, heavier against her. Voice a soft lull that unknowingly soothes as she continues to talk to SJ, murmuring comfort and promise and reassurance that reaches him, crosses the barrier of the screen.

Whimper when her voice falls silent and her fingers slip away, sound and sensation quietening into silence. Feel the brush of lips against my temple, a gentle murmur.

"I'll be right back."

Slipping away, my eyes tilting back to peer at SJ, see how his own body has relaxed into the bed, his lips curving into a smile.

"I didn't know that a de-stressor could be seeing how content (Y/N) is. But it's working. At least in one way our friend is more than okay." He murmurs, fingers tracing over the pillow he leans against.

Smile warm and grateful.

"Thank you Taehyung. For giving our fawn the love she's always waited for and more than deserves."

My chest rumbles with happiness as I nod, lips stretching up in a wide curve.

"She's our mate. I'll spend my life giving her happiness." I vow, ears perking at the soft sound of a door opening then shutting, at the soft endeared coo and the small brown bundle of fur she cradles as she clambers, pressing a smatter of kisses to ears that perk, head rising to tilt into the touch. Shifting and moving in the cradle of her arms.

"Sweetheart I'll call later." SJ interjects gently, eyes warm and soothed as he straightens slightly, shaking his head to dispel any worries before (Y/N) can voice them.

"You spend time with your mates, I'll try get some sleep." Calling out a soft love you before he disconnects.

My eyes drift to see the slight pink on her cheeks as she cradles Kookie more securely, nosing at the soft glossy fur of his ears, gently nuzzling and hiding the soft rosy tint in her sweet affections.

Mates.

It was a matter of time, a matter of when for the certainty of it to settle in the others in the same way it had for us.

One swan and one bunny.

And both I suspected strongly housed unspoken feelings expressed blatantly.

But time would coax them at their pace.

Even if I couldn't help wandering, as I watched her meet the twitchy snuffles of Kookie's nose against her jaw and cheek, how far a strong paw could nudge them along.

"Baby bun." I rumble happily instead when she clambers back, arm dragging her back before my body sprawls over hers, pinning her to the bed, head ducking to nose at the bundle of fur settled and sprawled in the circle of her arms, some paws grasping her hand as he chins at her wrists, rubbing scent on slow and indulgent.

"He's the sweetest. Soft small baby. Perfect to keep wrapped up. Too active for swaddled bundles though." She laughs, tilting her cheek in invite, scent pulsing warm and sweet and content when I curl close at the invitation, hands winding more securely around her torso and when a twitching nose boops her jaw, ducking to nuzzle at her throat.

Small paws brushing against skin and his ears flopping, curling and chasing to lather every inch of available skin with the gentle fresh cotton scent, tail twitching with excitement.

Her scent grows sweeter and lighter and more and more hazy with the lull of sleep, body going looser until it curls on the bed, settling under mine. Kookie shuffles on the bed, small hops as he circles her before settling near the crook of her neck, head burrowing and ears draping against her. Secure and snug.

Feel the light tug of her hand at where mine circle around her, head tilting to peer at me, my own dipping to brush a kiss to the corner of her lips.

"Goodnight Tae." sleep laced murmur.

"Goodnight sweet cub."

And entangled together; berry, cotton and anise come to settle, a deep lull that settles with every satiated instinct and the brush of soft fur and skin against my fingertips.

KOOK POV:

Comfort is the only way to describe the sensation of when I wake, pressed close from either end, the gentle brush of fingers drawing a blanket more securely across my hips, lips brushing softly against my cheek.

My head tilts to the touch, eyes fluttering open , drooped ears perking and lifting slightly as I move; eyes settling on sleepy doe eyes, creasing with fondness and warmth. Fingers cupping my cheek, thumb sweeping over skin.

"Back to being my big bulky bun?"

I nod, tilting to the touch, nosing at her palm, nuzzling into her hand, lips brushing against it.

"Sleep well?" I ask, feel the brush of a nose try chase closer to my throat when my head tilts away from Tae hyung and closer to (Y/N) to peer at her. Hear and feel the rumbling chuffs pause as if disturbed, sensing, the slight movement before his arm curls tighter around me. A weighted sprawling pressure, hand curled around my wrist and tail curved around my calf. Keeping me safely tucked next to him, though we'd gone to bed with my body curled small in the space between their heads on the pillow, slow rubs that had coaxed my ears to droop and settle.

She nods, fingers slowly tracing over the curve of my cheek whilst her other hand remains in my grip, cheek rubbing against her palm.

"I did... though you two slept deeper, I was on call for a few hours in the middle of the night." She murmurs, the gentle sweeping touches coaxing my eyes to flutter though they blink up at her in confusion.

"When? Is everything okay?" voice rough and sleepy, unconsciously attuning more to her scent; trying to chase out irregularities in the gentle anise. But save for the weighted warmth that drowsiness and fatigue brings, there's nothing... nothing amiss or something that suggests that the call brought her distress. Still my eyes rake over her own, lips brushing under the slightly shadowed skin.

"Woo couldn't sleep, he gets a bit fidgety. Winter and no pack piles."

Voice soft but the ache in it is unmissable.

Pack piles.

If that was something she was missing then we could do that for her.

I could make a nest for her, could make a pack space for her to feel safe in. She hadn't shifted since that time post-heat, hadn't either felt the need to or had wanted to. But now a small blooming restlessness wonders whether it'd been a wish that she'd left silenced and unspoken. Whether she'd wanted to but hadn't.

I felt safe, the others felt safe, was a part of her biology still hesitant?

"You could you know. Be in a pack huddle with us. Shifted or not that's your choice, but you're just as much ours too." I murmur.

See her lips curve, warm elation bubbling inside me at the sight.

"I know. Shifting is indulgent, for long weekends or pre or post-heats for me. I want to enjoy that safety and security for long periods of time." she admits, eyes creasing slightly, fluttering shut when my lips brush against her temple.

"You always will have that safety and security with us."

She nods, tilting closer, fingers brushing over the forearm banded across my torso, teasing gentle touches that makes hyung squirm, groaning against my skin before suddenly his fingers entangle with hers and tug.

"What Kookie said." Tae hyung echoes, voice rough and hoarse with sleep.

The same indulgence of elation and warmth and affection fizzles out, dissipates at the unusual exhaustion that clings to Binnie and Eunwoo. Shadowed eyes that show despite (Y/N) talking to them, something still keeps them unrested. Something still weighs down on them. My eyes drift over to SJ, his usually confident charisma quietened, silenced as he sits just as pent up and coiled next to Eunwoo, antlers nudging against his. Quietly murmuring something as Binnie slips past the counters and behind it next to me.

I feel a sickening, nauseated lurch of my stomach when Binnie steps through; face weary and lined with dried tears and exhaustion and worry. Anger and hurt simmering in ever-constant soft eyes, fingers trembling as he packs up the order Eunwoo and SJ have just put through.

Working on auto-pilot as he rolls his shoulders forcefully to dispel the hard set of them, the same weary quiet that had followed him since he's stepped through, sinking heavier and heavier into skin. Quiet as his hands pack up food, all freshly made and boxes them up. Swift and meticulous but there's a clench to his jaw and when my head ducks slightly, it's to see an angry sheen of tears in his eyes, to see the bob of his throat.

Alarmed I step forward, hand reaching out to curve around the taut stiffness of his arm. Feel him flinch and startle, head shooting up and tail bristling with energy, curving up. Blinking quickly to try dispel the tears and focuses on me.

As if he hadn't been aware I was there.

His lips press tight, throat bobbing as his eyes finally seem to focus.

"Hyung." Voice an exhausted tremble.

"Binnie what's wrong? Did something happen?" I murmur, drawing him away from the rest of the food, see his hands tremble violently, curling into fists at his side to try steady the tremors. Body almost limp as he lets himself be steered back, watches with gleaming dark eyes as I wrap up sandwiches, wrap up boxed pastas and bottled drinks. Remembering that (Y/N) had been on call... was it something more than just unrest?

"I..." voice shaking.

Raw and aching.

"Take your time Bin-ah.... Tell hyung what's wrong." I soothe though the raw ache in his posture, in his scent; hazelnut turned heavy and decayed and rotting, wishing that with the heavy pulse of his pheromones seeping out that I knew how to stay level and calm like Jin hyung.

Wished that he was here and not working in the back getting new batches ready.

His quiet makes my restlessness bubble, anxiously waiting for his response, ears twitching and perking when I tilt my head and catch silent tears streaming down his cheeks and his head shaking, lips moving noiselessly.

My hands fall away from the packing paper, body twisting as I hurry the few steps between us, hands skimming and rubbing across his upper arms as I draw him close.

"Binnie..." I breathe, heart aching and mind racing with countless worries and fears, mind flickering back and forth from the image of the two bucks waiting outside, bags gathered at their feet and a general anxiousness clinging to them, staring listlessly at the mugs of coffee one of the part-timers had set down after I'd called out to her at the machine.

"My friend's missing."

My body stills, hands unconsciously tightening around him.

"My friend's gone. And the hyungs are going to stay with her packmate." Voice numb.

She's gone. My friend's gone. Missing. She's missing. She's gone missing. I've lost my friend.

He murmurs it over and over again, seeming to inflict wounds deeper and deeper within himself, grief driven deeper and deeper, wedged into his heart, soul and biology as he crumbles, sobs muffled against my shoulder. Folding in on himself, trying to curl away from the bitter poisoned truth that spills past his lips over and over and over again.

Gone. Gone. Gone. Gone.

I don't realise my scent has soured; weighted and cloying with grief that the word brings, head swimming with crippling terror and shared pain at it until there's a rustle of wings and the low grounding hum of Jin hyung's voice, wings curling around the two of us and voice soothing and steady.

"It's okay Bin-ah, your friend will come back. I trust my pack entirely to reunite you with yours." He murmurs, hands cupping his cheeks and thumbing at the tears that spill against his fingers now, no longer soaking through the fabric of my shirt.

Voice a weighted comfort that tries... tries to lessen the burden boring down immensely on his shoulders, my ears ringing with his sobs, perked and stiff and unable to fold over to shut the sound away, no matter how much I will it, how much I try to tug them away from being upright. Trying to shelter my human ears with the soft drape of fur.

And Jin hyung soothes in a way that only Jin hyung can, coaxing away the tears, feathered embrace unfurling as he steers the significantly less distraught squirrel round the front, clothes and cheek smeared with flour, apron still tied.

Instinct must've led him out mid-baking, leaving a floury imprint on Binnie's shoulders that he dusts off as he soothes the huddled three.

"I know how helpless you're feeling. But think of her packmate, think how devastated she's been and how much she needs you all. You're all hurting but her pain... in this moment her pain is greater. So be stronger for her. Be a herd and be stronger together."

Be stronger together. Be stronger together.

Slowly I finish up wrapping the food, placing them inside the bags and bringing them over, steps haltering; unsure whether their grief is something I can intrude on, can move closer too.

Whether their grief is repeating itself, having been separated from (Y/N) and now another friend. Feel both hollow and listless as I set the bags down, eyes drifting across Eunwoo's own frazzled, silently caginess and SJ's wavering calm. Trying to dispel a nervousness from the two of them but failing because he too is still shaken, still processing.

"Binnie go with them." I murmur.

Nod my head to the bags.

"Be with your friend and be comforted by each other. Hyung can drive you there." I say, feel the brush of fingers grazing and entangling with my own.

Squeezing gently and reassuringly.

Wing curving around me to draw me closer against his side. Soft, dark feathers grazing against my wrist, against my side; protecting and reaching over for me. An extension of hyung that draws me closer until our sides are pressed against each other and his fingers curl around my waist.

"I'll be back soon bun." He promises, lips brushing against my cheek, the shell of my ear, a small slow rub to the back of a stiff ear that immediately sags then. Crumples and folds and tilts desperately into the light but overwhelmingly needed touch. Body losing it's stiff aching straight posture as I tilt to him.

Mumble in affirmation and watch as he slowly shepherds the three out, hastily drawing my coat over his shoulders to steel against the sharp wind outside as he ducks out after them. Helping them set the bags into the boot of the car before ushering them in, eyes drifting to meet mine past slightly frosted glass.

I'll be back soon.

I hate how restless and anxious the wait is regardless.

Hate that my mind keens and thrashes and body restlessly kneads dough and works the back whilst hyung's gone, body sagging and almost crumpling with relief when he steps back, cheeks ruddy with cold and his nose pink, diving immediately against the crook of my neck. Soothing my jumpy pheromones by scenting, arms curling around me and wings wrapping around us; encasing us in an embrace that's dark night corded with the heat and warmth and weight that layered blankets bring.

"I'm here bun. I'm here."

Body tilting back to his, to the brush of winter air curling through sweet vanilla.

He's here.

But everything seemed to balance precariously, everything seemed to be suspended on a fine line.

Hyung was back, hyung was here but how long would this restless ache linger, how deep would it sink and how far would it poison families and packs.

And though I love working at the bakery, love the familiarity to home, the comfort it exudes... today it doesn't. Today only home feels like home, calling out like a siren for me to return, to go back to pack.

But those worries simmer silently, stewing and brewing under skin as I fall into balance and ease with Jin hyung as we deal with steadily growing trickles of customers; the jingling of the doors distracting me from lingering too long, from letting my mind drift.

It's a distraction... just not welcomed today.

--------

The bubbling itch under my skin mounts. Feverish and desperate and aching for some sort of reprieve. Instincts begging for an outlet for the anxiousness, fear and rage that simmers under skin and sears countless paths through my veins, heartbeat echoing in my ears loudly, feel the soft fur of the drooped folded ears twitch with sensitivity, body grating and turning against itself. Sensitive and on edge from the thrumming that pulses wilder, thicker and heavier; unable to be expelled no matter how much my lungs burn with an exertion that doesn't exist. Breaths shuddering and raspy and throat bobbing, swallowing tightly, head dropping forward when a hand kneads at the base of my spine, knuckles grazing and pressing at skin. Trying to ease the ache that seems to sink heavier and deeper until my blood pulses with it.

Need. I need something. Need anything to soothe the fervent ache that makes my biology crave, yearn for something to lessen how threatened and frazzled I feel, how though I know time trudges closer and closer to when Jimin hyung and (Y/N) usually return... I can't help the way my eyes flit nervously to the clock over and over, several times and in short succession. As if I'll merely need to blink and it'll suffice in making the next half hour pass by.

"What's wrong bun?" Yoongi hyung murmurs softly, fingers continuing to rub and knead the tension in my lower back, trying to coax out the stiffness and despite the reassuring press and grounding weight of his own body tilted close I can't seem to relax. To relish in the safety of his half-embrace. Shake my head as I continue chopping the vegetables, a steady pile mounting in a burst of colours, all waiting to be added to the wok hyung had been heating.

Usually one hyung or the other would have to chide and laugh and draw the sliced vegetables away from my fingers and steer another snack into my waiting palm. And yet. Yet I look on with a stomach that twists itself into knots, remembering how silent and stilted Binnie's movements had been, hear the echo of sobs muffled against my shoulder, the rough rasp of the two bucks as they explained that their friend had gone missing. That one of their friends, a capable officer... a lieutenant had gone missing. Vanished. MIA.

And though I'd never doubted either of the hyungs capabilities as officers or their power and authority, I couldn't help the crippling terror the words had seared through my body, how tightly it had gripped me. A lieutenant gone. Taken by the traffickers. The harsh, ugly reality of how twisted and entangled and horrific the case was slammed into me with the force of having every bone in my body rattled and bruised, feeling as if I'd been tossed and shaken... a rag doll with not one ounce of control to stop the helpless wrack of nerves that made every limb feel jittery, as if buzzing with energy connected to live wires. Painful jolts that made the restless energy bloom and ache. Fierce and unrelenting.

I shake my head at the piece of bell pepper nudged at my lips gently, fingers closing around hyung's wrist and drawing it back.

"Don't feel like it hyung."

Try to pretend as if I don't see the surprise flare in dark feline eyes, soft lips parting slightly and the silent sway of his tail, dark and soft, brushing against my calf, a fleeting embrace. .

"I just... I just.... when are (Y/N) and hyung getting back?" I ask finally, fumbling over words when hyung echoes the question once more, drawing away the knife first then taking the chopping board.

Oil sizzling as he adds the first batch of vegetables, giving the wok a small shake with the flick of his wrist as he peers at me.

Lips twisting and eyes flashing with understanding. Something subtle and quiet pooling in dark brown depths.

"Soon. I remember (Y/N) mentioned something about shift patterns changing soon. And I know it's really dark but that's winter bun... they'll be home soon." He soothes, fingers drifting to gently pet at my waist, drifting up and down in slow sweeping motions before squeezing.

My teeth gnaw at my bottom lip.

I knew the pitch black stain of sky was deceiving. Especially when winter made the sky long since dark when I left work with Jin hyung mid-evening.

But right now the dark pressed close, ominous and heavy and crowding against windows and the walls of the apartment as if trying to swallow it whole.

Menacing dark shadows that threatened to slip into the bright light of the kitchen that spilled out and mingled with the warmth of the apartment lit up with life.

"Is there something we can do? I know Joon would be willing to go on a run if you need a chase... need to expel some energy. It helps (Y/N) too." Voice soft and considerate.

So, so gentle in contrast to the itch and frazzled need that continued to bubble and boil under skin.

I shake my head, slowly mulling the words over. My instincts weren't demanding to submit, to indulge in the rush and thrill of a predator packmate's claim. It was thrashing and keening to take. To protect. To look after. To be useful.

To be a good mate my mind whispers, a guilty secret low and quiet.

And whilst logically I know. Logically I know hyung is trying to help, try soothe that fidget as I move about the kitchen... it doesn't help.

Rationality and logic long since forgotten, a gnawing want to see the both of them, to see them and reassure myself. The realisation hits me over and over just how much depended on this case being solved but the deeper they delved, the more horrors came to light, the messier it got.

I realise again and again just how (Y/N) might fit into our lives, in our pack but she'd sacrificed and given up everything, everyone... she'd had her life uprooted and even now controlled to a certain schedule, a certain limited life she was experiencing and living because a threat existed, a threat revolving around her because she had chosen to help.

So when she steps through the main door alongside Jimin hyung, it brings the same profound relief when Jin hyung had stepped back through the bakery, the knots my stomach was working itself into unravelling. Loosening.

Relaxing.

I hated the feeling, hated the caginess of my body stuck within itself.

But seeing them step through, small flakes of snow clinging to hair and folded ears it brings relief.

Safe.

Pack safe.

Eyes drifting over pink flushed cheeks and nose, watch Joon hyung grin, dimpled as he cups her cheeks and brushes thin strands of hair away; thumbing at the flecks of snow clinging to hair and the beanie I'd seen Yoongi hyung draw over her this morning. Nose brushing against her cold pink one and a deep, rich rumble as she tilts close, smile sweet and endeared before pecking her lips. Once. Twice. Thrice. A dozen pecks peppered to her lips.

See the crinkle of her eyes as she laughs, slowly disentangling when Jiminie hyung leans closer too, face tilted up for the same gentle affection.

Eyes drifting over the others and then to us, see her eyes flicker as they settle on me, lips twisting with something hurting and knowing as she moves over. My own feet hurrying me out the kitchen, hand looping around her wrist to tug her to me.

"Is everything okay Koo?" a soft murmur brushed against my cheek as she draws me in for a hug.

I cling back tighter, arms banding around her to draw her closer, burrowing closer immediately, breath shuddering out with shaky, palpable relief as I tug her into me.

"(Y/N)." her name brushed against her jaw, pressing a soft kiss with lips that tremble and ache for more, stomach lurching with the biological want to care and protect her, to be the able mate for her.

Her fingers brush across my nape, keeping me grounded to her, head tilting to peck my nose lightly.

My body tilts hazily to her scent, softer and weak given that it's been hidden away scentblockers, but desperate and hungering for the warmth of her body and the lilting, enthralling floral notes.

Finally... finally the restless anxiousness comes to quiet slightly.

Finally it knows, I know, an outlet.

Feel the brush of her fingers entangling into my hair, a featherlight brush that stokes the caginess, the fretty bubbling want. The haze thickens around my mind, that searing, bubbling itch growing as I tilt my head to her, mouthing at the soft curve of her jaw, head dipping lower to press open-mouthed want against her skin, tongue flicking against her gland, coaxing and pleading all at once. Body tilting forward to bracket her against me, twisting so she's caged between the wall and me.

"Please. (Y/N) please." I mumble, plead against her.

Sense the spurt of scent; softer and sweeter, indulgent against my tongue when her fingers wind around my nape, stilling before tugging me closer.

"It's okay Kookie, it's okay." The brush of cold skin against my own that scorches and burns, every cell set alight soothed by the cold brush of her cheek against my own.

"I'm sorry... I... (Y/N)... noona please... I want... I've been trying... nothing's helping." Everything save for her seeming to be distant, a dull throb at the back of my head, everything but her falls away, her scent, the press of her body tilting forward is all that remains.

I'm trying... have been trying all day to fight off the bubbling restlessness, trying to take the edge off but nothing is quietening the plea, the want.

I'm trying. And somehow... somehow it's you. Only you that the instinctual unrest quietens for.

"It's okay bun love, I've got you. Must be all cagey." She soothes, sucking in a breath when in confirmation my mouth closes around her gland sucking harshly at the sensitive tissue and my body pushes against hers harder, fiercer, hands feverishly skimming her bundled form, gripping the back of her thighs to hoist her up.

Cradling her to me, grip unrelenting.

"Please."

Her fingers drift to graze my cheeks, tilting my face away from her throat, eyes peering at her own, raking over the pink flush on her cheeks.

"Take what you need. Take me."

And all I want, all I want to coax out is the anise so faintly trailing out it's as if something weighs it from spilling out, want to be drenched in anise, want to have her scent burnt in memory and on my skin.

I want her to feel good. The restlessness is to make her feel good, to be good to her, good for her.

I want her.

Take me. Her words, her invite rings in my ears, body gathered to mine, my lips chasing out her gland once more as I cradle her, a fumble of lips and teeth at her skin, eyes tearing away with a shuddered gasp as I move, uncaring of the other scents, unable to focus on anything but her as she fills my vision, distractedly brushing past to hurry down the hallway, mouth tilting up imploringly for her.

Feel the shaky brush of lips against my own, slow and gentle, ghosting along my own, hair tickling skin.

"Patience bun, at least get us to a room unless you're giving a show." Teasing and quiet but the irregular flutter of her pheromones make my instincts bristle with impatience, with the need to have it pulsing sweet, thick and steady.

Thin threads of patience barely hanging on, shredding from the soft press of her body tilting to mine and the door is fumbled open with her hand reaching out, mouth moving with more impatient fervour against her skin, tracing and chasing the full curve of her lips.

Stumbling to the bed, mouth tilted to hers, pleading and begging for entrance that the first brush of my tongue against the seam of her lips grant, parting in ease. But whilst her lips and tongue brush gently and slowly against my own, there's nothing calm or patient about the way my lips bruising and achingly chase the feel of hers. Whimpering against her lips, hands curling tighter and more possessive around her thighs, gripping them and tugging at them even though they're wound tight around me. Restless and antsy, feet hurrying forward even as my tongue curls against hers, roving and slipping deeper, swallowing the soft quiet whimper, thumbs brushing across the inside of her thighs, hungering for her taste, for the softer quieter sounds of pleasure and bubbling want.

My body crowds against hers, tilting forward to pin hers on the bed under me, fingers tugging at the buttons of her coat and drawing it open, the cap covering her ears, the buttons of her cardigan, touch feverish and seeming to skim from one piece of clothing to the other, her breaths turning ragged at the rock of my thigh against her parted thighs, muscle taut and pressed against her centre and rocking forward to push her legs open wider, hands gripping the curve of her thighs clad in denim, see the small buck of her hips as she lets out a shaky breath. Hands moving to help me draw clothes off her, outerwear discarded onto the floor, fingers delving under her shirt to skim upwards, gripping the curve of her waist and inching upwards, baring more and more of her skin to me. Thumbs brushing across the underside of her breasts encased in dark lace, the enticing curve of them closer to the feverish want pooling on my lips as her back arches when my fingers rub and pinch and tug the buds to hard stiffness, straining against the fabric. Mouth closing around the fabric and nub to suck, a harsh pinch of teeth as I tug out a moan from the depth of her throat, hand moulding and shaping the curve to my hand, thigh rocking up to the slow shaky movements of her hips.

"Clothes." She shudders out, tugging at my shirt, tugging and leaning up on her forearms to impatiently draw it off, matching the fervent need simmering and scorching my insides with her own willing, sweet, sweet, harried brush of hands now tracing and skimming over bare skin.

I draw her hand away from the soft waistband of my shorts, coax it away, fingers tightening in slight restraint when she tries to draw them back.

"I want... I want your pleasure first." I shudder, feeling the rock of her hips and slowly push my thigh more firmly against her, hand gripping her hip to drag hers forward more firmly, more pressure to her slow movements.

Her pleasure.

Be a good mate. Give her pleasure. Give her release first.

Eyes rake over the flutter of her lashes, the way one hand curls around my wrist to grip me, the other skimming and trailing over the curve of my shoulder, to my collarbone, down to drift across the expanse of my torso, nails raking a gentle but taunting trail, splaying across my stomach.

Desire, hot and heavy, pulsing low in my gut at the flash of a memory, my own fingers sprawled across her stomach as I rocked my hips into hers, chest pressed to her back. Remember the guttural groaned promises.

Going to fill you up, going to make you round.

"All pent up Koo?" she asks voice breathy and trembling, fingers inching lower and tugging at my waistband, the brush of her pinky against my navel.

Tilt my mouth forward to trail up lace, fingers slipping round to unclasp the lace, mouthing at skin, teeth sinking into the giving flesh of her curves, grip tightening on her hip to steady her movements, electric relief when her fingers curl around me, slow rough strokes of her palm against where I begin to harden, rocking into her touch and driving my thigh against her centre more harshly. Fingers pinching the hard nub slick with saliva and swollen and puffy, twisting and relishing the keening whimper shuddering with need, her fingers curling tighter as her back arches. Bowing off the mattress, my own weight moves to pin her securely, mouthing a line from the swell of her breast to her collarbone. Teeth scraping and leaving a blooming trail of reddening marks across supple skin. Head ducking to press closer to her scent gland, body pinning hers down, hands skimming lower to drag her thighs open wider, fingers toying with the buttons of her jeans before letting go. Hear the shaky protest peter into a groan when my thigh ruts roughly against the apex of her thighs, feel the jolt of soft curves as they tremble and close around the intrusion.

"Want you to make a mess. Want to make a mess of you." I murmur against her throat, lips inching higher to her gland, tongue flicking across the sensitive bump to coax out anise in sweeter steadier pulses, mouth closing around it and sucking. A harsh unrelenting pressure that makes her hips buck up with a cry, fingers tightening as she tries to keep her strokes steady, breath ragged against my temple.

"Want to mark and worship every inch of you." I rasp against skin, teeth tugging at her gland; unsatisfied with the thick flow of anise; wanting it drowning with desire and arousal.

"Use me, mark me, take me."

Slowly coaxing and tearing away every restraint, every shred of control, every coherent thought save for pleasuring her, swallowing her cries against my mouth when her back arches and her thighs clamp around mine, hand pushing at my leg as she twists, lips trembling under mine. Tongue curling against my own and submitting to the feverish brush of mine, swallowing the whimpered plea, a deep groan slipping out.

My fingers tug the buttons of her jeans open, draw the zipper down before letting my fingers skim across the fabric of her underwear, dipping to trace circles against her clothed centre, feel the small jolt of her legs closing tighter, drawing the fabric away to rub slow circles into skin; fingertips roughly dragging until she keens, lips sliding away.

Shuddering and pleading, fingers cupping my jaw, pressing feverish kiss after kiss to my lips, nose brushing against my jaw, ears flickering against skin.

"Please... be good to me." coaxing and drawing me closer, hand curling tighter, leading me to my own release even as she relaxes against the sheets, thumb brushing over the tip, the tremble of her lips felt against skin as she murmurs my name.

"Be good to me and be good for me. Let me help you." voice soft, enticingly gentle, scent steady and the weight of desire in her pheromones against my lips, against my tongue is the final push that sends me tumbling off the edge, the rock of my hips turning from steady to frantic to erratic until my body sags. Crumpling on her as I spill onto her fingers, hips rutting messily against her until every ebbing pulse of pleasure is drawn out, her fingers drifting before slipping away.

Tongue darting out to lap at her fingers, drawing them deep, eyes drifting to peer at me, warm and dark and flickering with arousal, pupils dilating when my fingers hook into the side of her jeans and drag them down, tugging at fabric till she's bare.

The scent of her arousal slams against my own, entangling headily and the brush of skin against my own as she drags my shorts off.

Legs splayed across the sheets in invitation, the flush of her cheeks no longer from cold, chest heaving slightly, nipples puffy and swollen, scent sweetening in submission as she pushes herself upright.

Twists away from me.

Body arching, the curve of her back pronounced as she pushes her hips back, hair brushing against her throat, against the plane of her back as she tilts her head back.

"Better? Going to breed me Kookie? Going to make me take it?"

And everything just... snaps.

A muffled whimpered groan as my hands fall to her hips, dragging them up towards me, arched and the curve of them pronounced further, mouthing at skin, teeth nipping at soft flesh, trailing feverish open mouthed kisses from the base of her spine upwards, closing around the nape of her neck.

"Noona please. Want to. Want to breed you." I groan, body curved over hers, hips rutting messily against her, feel her breath hitch as she pushes back into the movement.

"Do it. Breed me." a whispered shaky demand and plea. Head ducking lower to bare her nape when my teeth nip tighter, harsher at skin, tongue flicking against the indents they leave behind, fingers brushing away hair before trailing to round her front, tilting her jaw.

Lips pressing up from her jaw to her ear, tugging at the soft lobe, nosing at skin and breathing in her pulsing want.

"I'll make you ache from it." I promise, hands splaying next to hers, feel the tendons in my arms go taut, hips rolling steadily against hers, peppering her skin with marks and praise, mumbling against her over and over how beautiful she is, how perfectly she gives, head spinning with the need to take and take. To take until she has nothing left to give, until her body gives up from pleasure.

The first slam of my hips as I drive myself deep into her has both of us crying out, need raw and palpable in the tremble of the sound; rocking them back and forth, drawing myself out to slam back in harder, harsher.

Marks bloom across her skin, fingers almost aching with how tightly I grip her hips, arousal and want pooling heavier, thick and cloying and heavy on my tongue, in every limb as I continue to thrust deep, deep, deeper; moans slipping past lips I can't see, her neck bared in submission and fingers curling tighter into her sheets, back bowing at a sharp thrust that has her keening.

Hand curling around her waist to drag her upright against me, fingers splayed wide across her stomach, feel her muscles clench and tighten with every roll of my hips against her own, trying to meet each slam of the thrusts with one just as intense, legs trembling and breathing ragged. As if every moan and cry is punched out her lungs, shuddered against sheets, feel the thrash of her body when my hips still in hers, circling deep, grinding against her and rutting; trying to somehow push myself deeper, mind hazy with the thought as my hand tugs her firmly against me. Mouthing at her shoulder shakily, fervently, feel her legs part slightly, see her body dip as my hand tugs her back as I continue to roll circles into her.

Smell the burst of scent, rich and heady and intoxicating against my tongue when she keens, shaking her head, fingers fisting into the sheets, body so, so sweetly submitting.

My fingers drift lower, brushing against her centre, tracing circles into skin slick with arousal, stained with it, teasing where I'm buried deep in her.

The immediate buck of her hips has me feeling impossibly further in her, drawing my hips back to thrust back in, rough quick drag of hips against hers, of skin pressing firmly to hers, of bodies melding together with the feverish itch bubbling out of every nerve and every inch of me.

Feel how her pleasure mounts; scent turning intoxicatingly heavy, rivulets of honeyed, syrupy anise streaming off her glands thickly, how it bubbles and builds until it shatters, arms crumbling under her, her front pressed to the mattress and rumpled sheets, thighs trembling and jittering underneath me as I continue to rock my hips in and out, prolonging the shaky whines muffled against the pillows, the arched curve of her hips still presenting. Pride searing through my spine when one wave of pleasure barely abates; small jolts and trembles before I continue to drag her hips back to meet every push of my body against her, fingers tugging and twisting and moulding to her breast, pinching at the achingly hard nub, teeth sinking into the curve of her shoulder.

"Please, please. Koo please." She keens, head twisting to try peer back at me, finally giving me a glimpse of her face; lips swollen and red with how tightly she'd gnawed at them, eyes glassy and fluttering, peering back at me.

"Fill me."

Her body so willing, so pliantly giving and drawing me closer, until my hips push deep, slow gyrating circles inside her as I feel pleasure explode across the curve of my spine, searing hot that threatens to whiten my vision, ears ringing with her cry, mumbling incoherently against her skin, fingers loosening slightly as I slump, body pinning her down.

Slow rocks of my hips as arousal lances at my skin, body caging hers to the sheets, unable to twist away; anise entangled and merged and drowning alongside cotton.

Voice a hoarse rasp.

Feel the haze of the rutting need to keep driving myself deep abate slightly. Slightly dulled.

"Is it bad I can't wait for our next cycles to align again soon?" breathless as her hand curves back to brush against my hip, the light touch jolting my hips forward.

Instincts buzzing with the satiation of keeping her plugged and full.

"Who said we'd have to wait that long? Who said I was done?"

Hands curling tighter around her once more.

(Y/N) POV:

I twist, hands fisting the sheets as every sharp thrust drives deeper and deeper inside, lungs shuddering and caving with the cloying thick scent of arousal entangled with cotton and anise, every breath punctuated with a whimpered cry, glands swollen and throbbing. Pulsing with every snap of Jungkook's hips drawing back to slam back in harder, harsher, rougher, swallowing cries against the scorching hungering press of his lips to my own, tongue probing deep, curling against my own.

My back arches at the over-wrought pleasure turning every limb, every nerve sensitive and hyperaware of the press of muscles caging me in, the tight clench of his abdomen as he draws back, ink curling across skin and hair mussed and grazing his jaw, pupils blown out wide.

It's unexpecting, surprising even, body sagging limply against the sheets, his weight pressing down and caging me, surprising that when arousal had begun to pulse hot and heavy low in his gut, he'd twisted away to draw me away from kneeling on my fours, from presenting. Hands deftly spinning and pushing me down onto the sheets, peering up at the sight of wide eyes darkened with lust and rut, of arms caging my torso between them as his head dipped to suck dark marks into skin, into my throat and my collar.

"Want to worship every inch of your skin... want to devour you, have your taste burned onto my lips and tongue." He groans, lips tearing away, feverish presses of them across my jaw, fingers moving to tease my breast, palm skimming across it, tugging and twisting, teeth scraping across as his head dips, the brush of his hair against my skin, ears brushing against the side of my cheek, soft fur brushing against feverish flushed skin.

"Want to taste how sweet your scent would turn, so milky." He groans, mouthing at the bud that seems to throb and pulse with heat, with electric desire seeping outwards, achingly stiff, tongue flicking against it.

His words sending arousal through me, a heady dangerous image that tilts too close to indulgence, shameful and silent, cording and winding across my limbs, tugging until they turn taut, keening and whimpering under him, mind coherent and void of the hazy blind need to be bred, body taking and taking because I wanted to, because I wanted to be the one helping Kookie through his rut. Because I wanted to be the one to see him like this, skin dewy and flushed, eyes glassy and pupils blown wide as his hand tugs my thigh open wider, drawing my leg upwards, splayed and pinned open under the muscled firm grip of his hand, my own skimming up to map the planes of his narrow waist to his broad chest, nail brushing against his nipple, feel his body jerk and thrust deeper at the movement.

Groaning as he continues to thrust in a bruising, punishing rhythm, stomach taut with the bubbling pleasure steadily mounting higher and higher, breath caught in my lungs when my body tilts up to try reach for his and the slow rough grinding of his hips, sheathed deep inside, has my legs trying to close around how far in he feels, trying to breathe through the intrusion of being utterly filled and taken by him. Body being molded and adjusting to his, shaped to him, shaped to the steady, rough rock of his hips drawing back to slam back in, drowning in the need that made every grunt, every groan guttural as they slipped past saliva-slick, kiss-swollen lips.

Fervent, intense need searing through every inch of him, muscles rippling and arms hard unrelenting muscle when my fingers dig in, pressing to ink, pressing to the swell of his biceps, keening as I try to twist away from the pleasure that he undoes; slamming into me and legs trembling violently under his hold, under the possessive sprawling grip he keeps me pinned and bared at. Pleasure making my stomach twist with a dizzying rush, back arching off the bed, sobbing his name as he continues to slowly grind deep; desperate to coax out an endless wave of ecstasy from my body, even as it sags and goes boneless.

Limp with pleasure and sagging against sheets, hands loosening around him and whimpering when the jolts of electric pleasure continue to sear my body, feel the bruising grip of his hands clamped across my hips as he pushes them down, unable to buck away.

Legs closing around him but nudged back open just as easily, submitting to the guttural growled command, eyes dark and hazy.

"Going to wring out pleasure from you, going to keep you full, going to make a mess." He groans in rough, hoarse promise, teeth sharp and pinching at skin, drifting back up to close around my gland.

A deep rumbled approval when I writhe, tears spilling against my cheeks at the bruising pressure of his tongue and lips, sucking harshly at the gland; scent spilling onto his tongue, unrelenting as his teeth pinch and sink down into the sensitive tissue to bruise it darker. To claim it. to mark it as his. As taken.

The pleasure quietens, the strong waves slowly coming to settle, body loose and satiated and boneless against the sheets, keening when instead the pressure of his body caging mine, of his hips still drawing back to thrust back in; deeper and slower, unhurried and languid, skin gleaming with a dewy flush, desperate and determined to coax me to release once more.

"Jungkook please..." I shudder, head falling back when his fingers tilt my jaw to arch ir for him, tongue flicking a final time across one gland before his head ducks to mouth and suck at the other, teeth sinking into the crook of my neck and relishing the buck of my hips. Hands scrabbling for purchase, fingers digging into his back as my body curves up, head swimming with the heady heaviness of his scent. Cotton entangled with rich heavy molten desire, arousal that curls through the room and entangles us in a messy embrace.

It's as his the drag of his hips become deeper, more determined in prolonging the slow entangled weight of his body pinning my own, that the almost feverish want seems to quieten. Just in the slightest. But fierce and aching enough that his words and groans are breathless pants against my skin, moulding and gripping and tugging me impossible closer, as if wanting to meld the two of us together.

There's something dizzying about the rush of heady biological want; carnal and fierce and the buzz of being lucid, of feeling the press of every muscle, the imprint of every fingertip, the weight of his body as he tugs me closer, hips slowly working back to a quick, deep cant. Sharp rocks of his hips that has me uselessly scrabbling for something...anything to cling onto, fingers curling tightly at the broad strength of his shoulders, mouth feverish and desperately chasing out his gland, soft, shaky presses of my mouth to the tissue; nosing at skin. Fervent and needing as I plead, legs curling tighter around him, dragging him forward, locked around his waist, splayed for him on sheets rucked and ruined. Feel the aching fullness as he pushes past releases and arousal further and further into me, groaning wetly against my throat.

"I could drown in your scent..." he groans against my skin, lips trailing as the roll of his hips turn erratic, turn sharper and deeper, turn fiercer; chasing a pleasure that lances at skin and causes it to bubble and make his back bow, curving over me.

"Going to drown me in yours? Going to leave me marked and claimed?" I ask. Voice hoarse and trembling; rough from cries tugged out of me, the same way countless pleasurable highs had been. Mercilessly drawn out even as my limbs convulsed and begged for a reprieve they didn't get.

"Yes. Going to be so good for you, going to mark you so well, going to let everyone know that you're mine. My mate, my mate..." He cries out, hips jerking and slamming to the hilt, coming to still inside me, unsteady jolts of him drawing himself deeper. Hands gripping my waist, hard enough to bruise as his weight slumps down.

Coming to cover me, slower jolts of his hips, rough, shaky grinds, lips sweeping skin more tenderly and gently.

"I love you. I love you. My mate, my sweet mate. My fawn. I love you." mumbled against skin, sapped of the frantic need, lucid and clear and rough but him.

Him without the biological need clouding his eyes, less dilated, coherent as he presses his lips to the swell of my chest, fingers loosening and brushing circles into skin.

His words ring in my ears.

I love you. I love you. My mate... mine.

His.

The truth, the admission of feelings buried far deep that they resurface and spill out in the haze of release, in the snap of instincts being satiated and settling, in his voice. Warm and soft, has my lungs shuddering under him, eyes stinging and heartbeat thudding quickly, a thrumming pulse I can feel on my tongue.

Words syrupy with the effort it takes to say them, but words that need to be said regardless. Fingers trailing from his nape to tilt his jaw up to me, nose brushing against his as my face tilts up.

Eyes fluttering and slipping shut as tears trickle down, a rightness, a wholeness ringing through my body at his words. Smell his slight alarm, the pulse of worry threading through the fog of arousal and contentment.

"(Y/N)..." voice shaky. Trembling and uncertain.

"I love you Koo, I love you bun. My mate, my herd, my safety. Mine." I murmur, fingers coaxing him closer, lips brushing gentler against his.

Soft and indulgent and unhurried, breath hitching at the tremble of his mouth before pressing down firmer against me, body a cage and lips fluttering and soft and gentle. Chasing the taste of my lips as he curls closer, fingers brushing against his skin, feel the brush of his nose against mine, slowly tilting closer. There's no fire searing my spine as I tug him closer, other hand resting on his nape, entangling with the long loose waves of his hair, nails gently drifting across his scalp, mouth parting in sweet pliancy to the tentative brush of his tongue. Slow and thorough in the way it curls through my mouth, relearns it with a new label, a new familiarity. Soft and curious, shuddering when my thumb brushes over his scent gland, gentler sweeps of the pad of my fingers as I draw out scent that's soft cotton; fresh and gentle and a light caress against sensitive skin.

"Yours? You're mine?" breathless, disbelieving and wide eyes, ears flopped endearingly, such a sharp contrast and cry from the rough brutal pace and endless pleasurable torment he'd wrung my body through.

"Yours. And you're mine." I echo, lips curving wide at the scrunch of his nose when I peck it, a toothy grin that's enamored and warm and inviting. Breathless as his arms curl around me, twisting suddenly until I'm on top, straddling him, eyes fluttering with a moan when it jostles him deeper inside.

Hands splayed across his chest, head falling forward, hair tickling his shoulders and cheeks, breathless at the sight of the radiant grin stretching wide across his face, fingers still brushing gently against my hips.

"Every time we were together, every time... I meant it. My mate." He murmurs.

Fingers drifting to the inside of my thighs, knuckles brushing against skin, soothing the jolts and trembling, palms splayed across the glands on my legs; branding me with cotton.

Taken.

His.

"And I mean it too. You've been my safety net, my pack long before I ever gave it a name."

And slowly our bodies unwind, coming down from pleasurable highs to the fluttering thuds of our heart, chasing closeness until I'm tilting forward and settled against his chest, fingers tracing idly over the ink that curls across his arm; drifting to slithers and patches of skin and muscle.

"I'm thinking of getting more, I want an entire sleeve." He murmurs, chin rubbing back and forth across the crown of my head, indulgent scents as he chins, feel the weight of his gaze tracking my fingers as they brush across the swell of his bicep, the curve of his shoulder, sinewy muscle, hard and taut.

The mental image sends a jolt through my body, feel his hips unconsciously buck at the touch, groaning.

"Stop... just want to hold you." he grumbles, though there's a smile in his words and his fingers dip to tease, tracing lower and lower down my back.

I lean forward, lips pressing to his arm, to the ink.

"Lies. That's not what you were groaning into my skin earlier." Though the thought alone sends heat flaring to my cheeks, to my body, legs closing instinctively at the slow drag of his hips still sheathed deep inside, plugging me up. Full with release.

It's beyond that carnal want, as lucidness in him settles, breathless and satiated, that I know had my supplements and birth control not been effectively monitored and taken, there would be no doubt that his guttural wishes, growled against skin about making me round would've taken.

"Well I could~" he teases when my stomach rumbles, words interrupted by rich warm laughter, giggles breaking through as I burrow my face, lips curved wide in a smile.

"But I seemed to have consumed all your energy... dinner time!" he laughs, slowly straightening with me still curled in his arms, my legs closing to try to keep him close when he slowly withdraws.

Feel my breath hitch when his fingers brush against my centre, plunging deep for an instant, grinning teasingly at the stuttered breath it punches out my lungs at the different intrusion, the emptiness suddenly replaced with his fingers curling deep inside.

"Shame... this'll have to wait." He teases, thumb brushing and toying before the press of his fingers withdraw, smearing the mess of our release against my skin.

"Maybe once you're not growling at me." he laughs, poking my stomach before drawing me to him, arms strong and banding around me as he hoists me to him.

"Shower then dinner?" he asks.

I hum, head tilting to rest against his shoulder, lips brushing against his jaw.

"Sounds like a plan."

What isn't is being woken by the soft lazy brush of his touch as the day dawns, darkness melting to filtering weak sunlight. Of writhing on the sheets countless hours later, bucking and twisting under the gentler, more thorough, slower drag of his body against mine, of his tongue tasting my desire on his lips, of mapping my body to his. A slower exploratory touch of hands skimming each other, of swallowing each other's groans, of slowly falling apart together and slowly piecing each other back. Of pleasure lancing and searing our bodies, curling closer, breathless and glowing with contentment and love.

"Love you... love you..." sleep melding with the rough hoarse depth of his groan, low and shuddering against me.

"Love you too."

---------

I feel the weight of Minnie's eyes drifting to me constantly. Feel it as I walk with him down the hallway, lips tugging up in amusement, head suddenly whipping around to catch him in the act. See his eyes widen before he grins, fangs peeking out.

"See something you like Officer Park? I drawl, pausing the rifling through the basic medical exams both pup and kitten had gone through, at the substantial injury her leg had sustained. Slower healing because it hadn't had the chance to rest and heal and close on its own, because movement had exerted it and the living conditions had infected it.

Brows rising as I look at the wide grin that curves across his face, cheeks bunching and eyes sparkling with amusement, tease and affection. Slowly raking over my face before pausing over my throat, hidden away by a high neck sweater, fingers curling into the fabric to tug it away from my throat, eyes gleaming as he takes in the dark swollen glands; countless layers of scentblockers and scent repressors having to be digested to try dampen the constant flow of anise that trickled off them.

Kookie had been both smug and flustered, pink but grinning when he saw me tug the fabric higher, loose enough it wouldn't press to them, secure enough the neckline wouldn't gape and reveal the bruised swollen state of them, or the colourful marks colouring skin.

"Maybe I do~ such a shame to hide them away, I wouldn't have minded an invite to add my own. Or have some of my own." He croons, a teasing warm lilt that makes his mint pulse with intent, laughing as I swat the clipboard against his stomach, tugging the jumper upright.

"Public indecency I'm sure is a crime Officer. And I don't remember a fox ever waiting for invites." I call as I step forward, gaining momentum by a few steps as I brush past, eyes flicking to the CCTV cameras, scanning to make sure the red lights were still on. That there wasn't any disabled cameras; these past months had built a wary cautiousness stronger and fiercer than before.

Because at some point the centre wasn't entirely safe, wasn't entirely the same home and refuge it had been for years.

Hear his footsteps quicken and his hand snake around my waist, tugging me closer and angling his body near mine.

"Still. It's oh so sweet to hear a fawn wanted me. Or a bun. My sweet prey mates." He coos, voice warm and happy, infinitely more settled and grounded than he'd seemed yesterday, cheerful and optimistic as he carries a tray with his other hand.

Meticulously balancing the milk for the babies and smaller chunks of food so tearing them and eating wouldn't be a difficulty for either of them. There were also supplements that I hoped wouldn't be hard to feed them, knowing how distrusting the young pup's sharp eyes were; so carefully scrutinising and weighted.

At times it felt like those eyes were boring into me, tearing down every detail, a level of sharp observation that went beyond her extremely young age.

"Whilst I don't doubt that you're definitely the type to enjoy a good show, we're at work and control your scent! I don't want the babies scarred." I hiss, voice dropping quieter as a doctor walks past, head dipping in greeting, a smile on his face.

Too professional to say but the flare of his nose gave away that he could smell the heavy intensity of the mint.

And though he seems to reign it back, it's still strong enough that when I move to draw the door open I nudge him back, wriggling through the small slither of space I create with the door.

"Scent needs to be calm before you step through." Staring intently at him before he nods, ears folding at the tips at the soft reprimand, lips pouting with resignation, tilted in a pucker that the door closes shut behind.

I slowly make my way to the bundled nest the two of them are tucked up in still, worrying silently that they hadn't accepted the rest of the room as safe if they were only sticking to the safety and warmth of the padded blankets and mattress.

Worries soothed as if the pup is attuned to them, dark beady eyes tracking me and my movements as I move forward, ears rising and body straightening slightly but she doesn't pause in the gentle pawing and chirping as the kitten tries to clamber over them, tail swishing and curled in a fluffy embrace over the smaller baby.

Hear the soft yowl before I see the tiny, bundled kit peer over the fox's legs, stretched upright and pawing as she tries to clamber over, yowling softly once she spots me. Recognises me.

There's an entire world worth of difference between the two babies, one so cautious and alert and the other more willing to trust, more sweetly reciprocating affection and gentle touches, small paw triumphantly curling over the fox's leg before she wriggles.

An indignant yowl at the injustice when her balance teeters and she tumbles back onto the blanket, the sight suddenly encompassed with soft fur.

It doesn't feel as if I'm mistaking the chirp as amused when I laugh, peering over carefully at the sprawled kitten, tummy up and waving her paws, yowling louder when I peek at her. Eyes flitting to the pup before the tail loosens its protective embrace in the slightest, flicks and tickles the kit before relaxing. Head drooping and settling, tilting to watch as my finger first reaches forward, captured successfully if the proud meowl is anything to go by, trapped between two paws, small tongue and tiny, tiny fangs, barely there, try to gnaw at my finger, snuffling at it.

"Is sweet little kit hungry? Meowing for milk or food or just some rubs?" I coo, careful as I move to scoop her, settling her in the crook of my arm securely, sitting cross-legged beside the nest as I rub my finger gently across flickery ears, small mouth opened as she meowls, happy and wriggly.

Something eases in the pup's eyes, softening and the rumbling chirp is in approval and answer to the soft yowls the kitten continues to make, snuffling and licking the tip of my finger, curious and exploratory.

The door opens and the scent of faint sweet mint enters, alongside the tray he'd been bearing; a soft yowl as she detects the milky scent, my lips curving wide at the sight of her wriggling, pawing at my arm and chest, tucked securely in the crook. My fingers graze gently across fur, knowing that with time it would be harder to feel the bones so easily felt under the thin layer and that her fur would grow thicker and healthier.

We'd get the two of them there, we'd help them settle and heal and grow to be strong toddlers.

And both of them seem to perk up with awareness, the pup's eyes drifting over and assessing before watching as he approaches with the tray, sitting beside me and peering over.

A wide sweet smile on his face.

"Hi sweet little kit." He coos, finger rubbing gently at fur before peeking at the cautious pup.

Stretches his hand out with a hopeful smile on his face.

And my breath seizes, pausing in my throat when she unfurls, slowly straightening. Dragging her injured leg upright, wobbling as she stands, tail swishing behind her before reaching out an uninjured paw to set on his open palm.

The burst of mint is full of delight and giddiness, a featherlight touch of his thumb brushing over the top of her paw.

And then the touch retreats.

Moves away with a soft rumbled chirp, slow haltering steps as she drags herself upright, slow staggering movement as she clambers out the nest.

For the first time since we've seen her she leaves the safety and barriers of the nest she's pawed and shuffled into shape.

Small, small steps as she moves first to me, tail swishing as her head ducks to nose at the kitten, soft yowls of delight and giddiness greeting the big perky ears that the fox pup will grow into.

Tongue laving over small kitty ears, over the soft fur, nuzzling and scenting and grooming the kitten that wriggles about, both playful and happy, nose burrowing against her tummy. For a moment I think she's about to be scooped but once the pup is done, she continues to move, slow drags of her hindleg paired with the steady pad pad of her paws. Halting movements that my eyes drift to follow, drawn back by the hungry meowl at the milky scent Mimi's brought.

"Can I?" he asks, voice warm, eyes wide with want and impatience, settling carefully once he scoops the kitten and tucks her close, reaching for a small bottle he coaxes and nudges against her lips with a low rumbled chirp.

Wide shiny eyes peer at him as the kit suckles, pawing at the bottle and trying to grip at it, yowls muffled around the teat as she swallows down milk eagerly.

There's gentle tenderness that he tends to the little kit with, softly rubbing her paws as she feeds, nudging the teat back when her mouth slips away, small fangs trying to cling to it regardless, gnawing at his finger and nosing at it. Soft sweet nurturing instinct in the way he coos, quietly murmured words that send the pup's eyes to drift back from staring to go back to exploring once more. Tail swishing and trailing across the floor, slow painfully drags and keening, muffled chirps of distress and pain when it tugs at her injury.

It makes my heart ache, wanting to scoop her, seeing how much it's paining her... making her limp more pronounced, more strained because she slowly does one circuit of the room then the next.

Breaths sharp pants as she slows down, small drags that has Minnie's own scent souring. My hand smoothens over his back, over the tense muscles in the wide breadth of it, lips pressing to his temple as I stand. Slowly move over to where she slumps down, not that far from the nest, but legs folding as she caves.

Slumps and tires.

Keens and paws restlessly at the small cast keeping her injury both clean and immobile; to stop it from tearing again.

Her ears flap and fold, baleful as she stares at me approach, eyes still sharp but glittering with pain, injured leg tucked and hidden under the drape of her tail.

Shielding herself.

Flinches slightly when her leg jolts, chirping with pain and distress.

I want nothing to carefully draw her into my arms and get some medication for the exertion her injured leg's suffering from.

Instead my fingers drift gently across the bridge of her nose, eyes fluttering but not before I see the gleaming glint in her eyes, beady eyes shiny and head dipping to hide the small tears that trickle into fur.

"Oh sweetheart..." I murmur, heart clenching tightly, a vice grip as it squeezes, instincts pleading to give her the comfort and affection and safety she clearly craves and chases even as she draws back into herself over and over.

My thumb brushes against the wet fur, feel them dampen with a few more tears, eyes peering up at me, curling smaller even as her eyes hold mine.

Will I be okay? Will it stop hurting?

"I know trusting is hard little love, I know it's hard to keep still when you're injured... you just want to be a good strong one for little kit." I murmur, hear her chirp dolefully in response.

Tail swishing and ears folding.

Misery clear in her small form.

"Little kit needs her strong guard to get well soon. To eat a teeny bit more and to know even the strongest need naps and medication. Just to feel better." I soothe, fingers brushing over folded ears, kneeling down closer.

She chirps. A small rumble. Discontent and hurt and dissatisfied.

"Is it okay if I pick you up? To take you back to little kit. And get something to help your poorly leg." I softly ask.

Feel the air stretch thin, tentative and wary and scrutinising before her head dips in almost defeat, paws unfurling from where she'd set her face down. Straightening and paws reaching out, gentle brushes against my legs.

The relief that shudders through my body is palpable and for an instant her head cocks.

Settling back when I carefully scoop her up, painfully aware of her injured leg and so so wary and attentive to not jostle it. To not hurt her in the process, slow quiet steps until I'm lowering down to set her into the nest.

Watching Minnie's fingers pause their small rubs against the kitten's now full tummy, sleepier yowls; content and fed and safe.

"I'll get some medication for her, try getting her to eat and drink too." I say, fingers brushing across the back of his ears too before slipping away.

And by the time I've returned, the kitten is tucked in the circled space made by the pup's body, sleeping tucked under the pup's head, carefully draped and settled over her, paws forming a barrier.

But before I can reach over, Minnie's hand gently reaches for the medicated gel.

Holding eye-contact with the pup, slow understanding and trust forming as fragile tethers between them.

Hands so careful as they undo the bindings, cleaning his hands before dabbing the gel around the wound, my eyes carefully examining. Seeing the way it's healing slowly, almost closed. See the shudders and flinches as she tries to keep still for the sleeping kitten tucked away, trying to still herself from jerking her leg away. But her eyes stare at him, wide and baleful and guilting.

My lips quirk at the way his hand hesitates, his ears drooping slightly as he draws back, eyes flicking to me for reassurance.

"It's okay, pup's stronger than you think. Much, much stronger." I say firmly.

His fingers carefully apply the gel, continuing though his tail still swishes anxiously until he's done. I nudge him aside gently, tilting my face to the sink in the corner.

"Wash your hands, I'll bandage her."

Fingers deft and careful as I wrap up her bandage, knowing full well that her wariness wouldn't have allowed her to ingest medication. That it had to be medicated gel, it'd provide her quicker relief too.

And her eyes blink, banished from the tears that had silently trickled from them before.

It feels like I'm teetering on a dangerous cliff, wanting to brush fingers over the soft fur of her stomach, retreating because it's too vulnerable and exposed of a spot to try reach for, aching to do anything to lessen her pain but refusing to do so by invading barriers the young pup had up.

In her own time.

In her own time she'd learn to trust, learn to sort safe and danger apart.

Until then we'd wait.

Every case was like that.

A waiting game.

But as I look at them, two more victims from a trafficking case... it's a waiting game with a ticking time bomb.

And the fear of waiting, was the fear that any second now it would explode.

(THERE WE GO! 17K AND BRRRR THERE'S SO MUCH I WANT TO WRITE, SO MUCH TO ADD, SO MUCH TO SAY AND YET! YET THE CHAPTER MUST INEVITABLY COME TO AN END! BUT!! I LOVED WRITING EVERY WORD OF IT AND COULD'VE GONE ON AND ON FOR ALL THE POVS BUT ALAS!! ALAS... IT HAD TO END! @Midiiplier LOVE SURPRISEEEEE~ BET YOU NEVER SAW THIS COMING AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE AND HEAR WHAT YOU ALL THOUGHT ABOUT KOO'S CONFESSION!! ABOUT EVERYTHING SLOWLY SLOTTING TOGETHER AND EYES PEELED FOR SOME CASE STUFF TO COME~ COS GAHHH! THE ANTICIPATION AND EXCITEMENT I HAVE TO KEEP DEVELOPING THAT! HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY, TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE!!)

QUESTION... JIN. FINAL MEMBER TO JOIN THE ROMANTIC BOND. NOW. I HAVE A PLAN. SOFT AND NATURAL... BUT! SETTING?

1. KITCHEN

2. STATION

3. BAKERY

4. BED

Borahae!💜💜💜

PurpleQueenie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497K 26.4K 80
Y/N has a steady job and lives alone, that is, until she tags along with her friend to the shelter. Jimin, Hobi, and Yoongi have been waiting to get...
346K 16.2K 72
You are Yoongi's hybrid starting a new life. Fate keeps putting hybrids in your path that need your love and protection. BTS x Reader Completed 1.11...
43.8K 4.7K 39
[ᴀ ᴛᴀᴇᴋᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ] In which the predatory and prey species are safely kept away from one another, in case their natural instincts surface. Howev...
742K 26.6K 43
One girl Seven hybrids What could go wrong? Also thank you for the book cover! Credits to @taegularities- ©2019Randomgirl300