Bitter sweet- TDI

By Midnight_Cure

-In the end, I want to win more than ever, and there's nothing on this island to stop me. While stuck on an i... More

Not so happy campers 1 (1/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 1 (2/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 2 (1/2)✅
Not so happy campers 2 (2/2)✅
Big sleep (1/2)✅
Big sleep (2/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (1/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (2/2)✅
Not quite famous (1/2)✅
Not quite famous (2/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (1/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (2/2)✅
Phobia Factor (1/2)✅
Phobia Factor (2/2)✅
Up the creek (1/1)✅
Up the creek (2/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (1/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (2/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (1/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (2/2)✅
Who can you trust (1/2)✅
Who can you trust (2/2)✅
Basic Straining (1/3)✅
Basic Straining (2/3)✅
Basic Straining (3/3)✅
What happened afterward?✅
No pain, no game (1/2)✅
No pain, no game (2/2)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (1/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (2/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (3/3)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (1/2)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (2/2)✅
That's off the chain (1/2)✅
That's off the chain (2/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (1/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (2/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (1/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (2/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (1/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (3/3)✅
Haute Camp-ture✅
Camp Castaways (1/3)✅
Camp Castaways (2/3)✅
Camp Castaways (3/3)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (1/2)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (2/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (1/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (2/2)✅

Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (2/3)✅

243 9 5
By Midnight_Cure

Previously on Total Drama Island

The situation got its momentum, and Alexandra broke up with Geoff.

Bridgette left the show, and Heather succeeded once again.

With just six contestants in the game, the rivalry will get fierce, no doubt.

-Duncan, I have an idea.- I run out of the tent.

-I'm all ears.- Punk turns to me.

-I need you to help me sneak into Chris's lodge. - I state.

-What?- He looks with disbelief in his eyes.

-I'm very unsure of stuff right now. -I mumble.

-When was the last time you were sure about stuff?

-I'm not sure, to be honest. - I look up at Duncan- I need him.

-Who?

-Porter.

-He's not here.

-That's why I need your help.

-What does Chis's lodge has to do with it?

-It has a phone.

Confessional

Duncan: I've never seen her so hurt. She hides it, but I know now, how good she is at concealing her feeling. I'll help her no matter what. They may kick me out whatever. She's too good to let her suffer alone. You may say I'm a weak guy, cause I have feelings. Fuck this, everyone has feelings. I'm not an exception and I'm not ashamed to say I care about her, not anymore.

-Do you think it's a good idea?- He asks me.

We're hiding in the shuddery close to Chris's cabin. He's inside, so we're waiting for the right moment to proceed with our plan.

-Not really.- I answer.

-Good, I would be concerned if you did.- He sighs. - I don't think we're going to make it, princess.

-Of course, we are going to make it.- I state.

-I think you're overestimating my skills.

-Shh... He's leaving.- I focus on Chris.

He goes in the direction of the canteen, not noticing us. I tug at Duncan's sleeve and, he nods. We sneakily make our way to his place. It's dark inside. Duncan takes out his lighter, and I take out my flashlight. We go through the cabin in the hope, that he left his phone somewhere there.

Duncan's P.O.V.

I opened a drawer next to the table in the study. There are all the documents with information about the contestants. I run through them and take out a few Heather's, Geoff's, and Alexandra's. I hide them under my shirt, so she won't notice.

-It's here!- I hear Alex from a different room.

-Water bed, was not what I expected.- I go into the bedroom where my friend is.

-I think it's cool. Watch this.

She jumps on the bed and happily bounces on it. Her giggles fill the room, and I smirk.

-Enjoying yourself?- I cross my arms.

-Yes, indeed.- Suddenly, her eyes become bigger, and I swear I can see them shining.- Look.

She jumps off the bed and walks up to a shelf in the corner.

-A record player. Old school, I love it.- She chooses an LP and turns it on.- Chris has good taste after all.

-Do you like this music?

-I like every piece of music. This is one of Steve's favorites. He has this wicked collection. Each time I see a vinyl he doesn't have I buy it. You can't deny it has a charm to it. I feel like a damsel now.- She giggles.

-It reminds me of my dad.- I scoff- He's so old school.

-He grew up in different times, that's the reason. Your kids will tell you the same one day.

-Me? Kids?

-Why not? One day we'll all grow old and who knows what will happen?- She spins to the rhythm.

-Do you like kids?

-I have a half-time job at primary school, helping out with guitar lessons. Kids like me, but their parents don't necessarily sho their enthusiasm.

-Why?

-Dyed hair, piercing, and smoking are equivalent to bad influences. Out of all people, you should know about it.

-Say no more.- I smirk.

I love you for sentimental reasons

I hope you do believe me

I'll give you my heart

-Shall we dance?- I stick out my hand, and she smiles brightly.

I love you, and you alone were meant for me

Please give your loving heart to me

And say we'll never part

We move slowly to the rhythm, and I think I've never seen Alexandra smiling so widely. I carefully lead us through the room.

I think of you every morning

Dream of you every night

Darling, I'm never lonely

Whenever you are insight

She starts to giggle. Her eyes shine in the lit light of the lighter I've put on the table. She looks at me and, I smile genuinely. Out of nowhere, she hugs me tightly and, I take her into my arms without a second thought. I direct my eyes to the bedside clock and furrow my brows.

-We have to leave.- I whisper.

She nods, quickly grabs the phone, turns off the player, and, grabs her bag. At that very moment, the front doorknob rattles. I grab her forearm and help her jump through the window, following soon after. We run into the woods unnoticed.

Alexandra's P.O.V.

-You're a fast runner.- Duncan says once we're at the safe distance.

-Dancing classes.- I explain.

-I had those too.

-Really?

-My father thought it would make a gentleman out of me. Such a waste of money.- He chuckles.

-Can you please not eavesdrop?- I turn to Duncanshowing the phone.

-Where's my thank you?- He demands.

I kiss his cheek.- Sweet enough?- I tilt my head.

He nods, blushing slightly. - Great, can I get some privacy now?

He nods once again and leaves. I quickly unlock the phone with the password I got from Chef, and dial Porter's number. After a few signals, I can hear his sleepy voice.

-Hello.

-That's how you're welcoming me.- I giggle.

-Alexandra!- He exclaims.

-Shut up, I'm watching a TV series!- I hear Steve's voice (Porter's brother).

-You shut up! Alex is calling!- I hear a door opening and closing, and soon I can hear Steve's yell on the line.

-Alex!

-Hi.

-Oh my, it's you. How are you doing? I've been watching all the episodes. Even my boys got addicted to this show. You have to meet them once you come home, they want autographs.

-Oy! Get out. She's calling to me, not you.

-Fine, fine, little bro. Don't get too excited. I'm sure Alexandra misses our motorbike rides.  I'd love to talk more, sweetie but I better leave before he hit me with his bedstand lamp.

-Finally.- Porter sighs.- Baby, how are you? How did you get the phone?

-Porter.- My voice trembles.

-Oh no, Sunflower. What is it talk to me?

-We broke up.- I sob.

-NO!-He hit something, probably a desk.

-Porter, it's 2 AM!

-Sorry, dad!- He shouts back.- Hold it, hun. I'll grab a hoddie and talk with you outside.

-What happened?!- I hear Steve once again.

-They broke up.- Porter says.

-That bastard!- Steve breaks something heavy.

-Steve!

-Sorry, mom!- He shouts bad.- Give this phone to me.- Steve demands.

-Shhh, not now. You'll get your chance.- Porter walks down the stairs, and I can hear the front door closing. That's the moment I tell him the whole story.

-Baby, you're the kind of soul anyone would be lucky to be with, did you know it?

-I need you.- I sob.- I need you now.

-I'm coming. Do you hear me? I'm coming. Wait for me.

-I can wait for you my whole life.

-Until then, take care.- He ends the call. I put it into my bag and lie on the grass, not caring about anything. I stay up all night just staring at the sky. Chris's voice makes me move

-Campers, I'll see you in the canteen in half an hour.

Time skip

I enter the canteen as the last one and head straight towards Chef. He gives me a cup of coffee and, I smile sadly. He offers me a bowl of freshly cooked oatmeal with fruits, but I don't take it. I think I'm not capable of anything now, my stomach is so knotted. I look at Chef and quickly return the phone. He nods knowingly and hides it. On my way out of the kitchen, I grab the jug of coffee Chef made for the whole day and I can only hear his sign. He must know I stayed up all night.

Confessional

Geoff: I acted like a dick. I was pretending it wasn't a big deal when inside, I was breaking my heart too. I'm not surprised she hates me I do too. I thought it was all fun and laughs. I enjoyed all the attention I got, without even thinking it through. I really am an awful playboy and nothing will change it. I don't know if I'm sad we broke up, but deep inside I wish I wasn't alone now, and what scares me is that I don't really care who would be the one by my side. 

Alexandra: I am trying my hardest to don't act as I feel for now. Normally I would close the door to my room invite Porter and blast my ears with music, sadly that is not an option. For now, I just need to smile and nod, while on the inside I'm screaming. 

Chris walks into the cabin with handcuffs in his hands.

-Did Duncan's parole officer send a care package?- Heather questions.

-Neh, all in the name of today's challenge: The Tri- Armed Triathlon!

-Tri- armed like three arms?- Geoff asks.

-Yes! Three challenges, three teams of two, three arms per team.

-Have you met these people? I'm not being chained to any of them.- Heather scoffs.

-Winning team members get invincibility for tonight's elimination.

Confessional

Gwen: Six long weeks. I don't know how much more of this I can take. The person who's caressing me the most? Geoff. The guy is in a permanently good mood. No one is always in a good mood. And if he says "dude'' one more time, I think I'm gonna seriously damage him. You know what, he doesn't have to say anything. I'll damage him anyway for what he did. This bastard doesn't get to hurt the only sane girl in this shit show on my watch.

Geoff: I was supposed to say something about my journey here. I wanted to be optimistic and laid back, but I'm not. When I saw her, her eyes more precisely, I swear I felt my own heart creak. This glint is gone, her bubbly attitude vanished. What have I done?

Duncan: This place is torture. At least in juvie, we had half an hour of television a day, and they kept lunatics locked up. I mean, this outhouse is the only place I can go for quiet and peace. Thank Lord my angel is here. I swear she's the only reason I still put up with all those idiots around. And to your information, I wasn't eavesdropping on Alexandra this time. Guessing by her state tho, maybe I should have. She was crying, I'm sure about it. She was so happy when we were sneaking into this cabin. Whatever this talk with Porter was about must have been heavy.

Trent: Alrighty, I made it to the final six. I think I should be excited, but I know more than enough, those who get ahead of themselves are being eliminated. I'll just say I'm glad I'm here.

Alexandra: Final six, huh? I feel as if I were years here. I feel like I already said too much. I already shared too much, and I want all my secrets back. I hate getting close to people these days. I always regret sharing too much, caring too much, doing too much, and feeling too much. I don't even know what's wrong with me anymore. Seriously, how can one be so plainly naive like me?

-To divide you into groups, I'll give our ladies a saying. Girls pick a boy. Gwen, since you won yesterday, you're picking first, then Heather and Alexandra without much choice left.- Chris explains.

-Alright then, Trent.

-Sure.- He walks to her.

-I'm picking Duncan.- Heather smirks at me.

-No.- Duncan doesn't move.

-No? What do you mean no?!- Heather shouts.

-Aaaa, Duncan, you're not the one choosing.- Chris warns.

-No way!- He protests.

-Gee, it's not the end of the world. I'm picking Geoff, happy?

-More than you think.- Chris chuckles.

I feel Duncan's eyes on me as Geoff stands next to me, but I don't dare look in his direction instead I look at Geoff. He smiles briefly and points at Chris, so I shift my attention to our host.

-First of our three challenges, is competitive chomp-down. - Chris announces.- Each team will choose the feeder and the eater. Eaters must put their hands behind them, making it more difficult for the feeders. Chef handcuffs!

Gwen and Trent calmly let Chef fulfill his duty. Duncan glares at Heather and, she scoffs at her companion. I don't show any emotion when Chef walks up to us.

Confessional

Heather: To be clear, I didn't want to work with any of those losers, but at the same time, I wanted to make the best out of the situation. Duncan is more useful than Geoff. I don't need Geoff anymore anyway and putting him and Alexandra together is way too funny. Don't understand me wrong but my priority now is to get Duncan on my side and I have a feeling Alexandra may still give up on her words about kicking out her ex boyfriend.

-One more thing. This is the wimp key. A skeleton key that will open any handcuffs. You'll be offered the wimp key at each challenge to unshackle yourself from your teammate. But... if you choose to accept it, you'll both be eliminated.- Chef explains.

-Hello? How do we win this thing?- Gwen asks.

-Chef's getting platters for each team. The title goes to the team that finishes their platter of delicates first.

-I'll do the chowing down.- Duncan turns to Heather.

-You better. There was no chance I'll eat this.- Heather scoffs.

-Of course, how could I forget queen can only boss everyone around?

-We're on the same team, lummox.

-We don't need to fight or anything, eh? We're a team, babe. - Geoff speaks.

-Don't call me that. - I state.

-Right, sorry. - He looks away.

- Can we get along somehow?

-To your information, I don't seek revenge. It wouldn't change a thing.- I don't look at him.- Now focus on our task, you're eating.

-Fine. - He nods.

 Heather is stuffing Duncan so fast he can't take it. Gwen and Trent carry a steady pace. I grab a spoon and feed Geoff, fast enough to don't stay behind the others. I don't look at his eyes fixed on my moves. I notice a bowl of strawberries and sigh, knowing I'm allergic to them. I decide to grab them anyway. My hand gets red, but with the hope to win this part, I continue...

-Trent and Gwen!!! You finished first congratulations!

I sigh with disappointment.

-Star, your hand.- Geoff asks worriedly.

-It's just an allergy.

-You didn't have to do that.

-I didn't want to let you down. We're a team after all. 

-There's no way a stupid challenge could be more important than one's health. You said it yourself. - He grabs my arms.- Don't do that ever again.

-No worries. I'm a tough girl. Let's make a promise. We'll do our best in the next tasks. Let's leave all the shit of yesterday in the background. I know Heather chose Duncan to make us work together in the hope we'll fall apart and get ourselves eliminated. Let's not give her this satisfaction, and show the world that we can get through this. - I give a speech.

-Of course, we can do this. I'm not letting you down not this time, but let me make you give me a promise. Once we smash this challenge, we're talking. No interference and lies, just truth. You may hate me. If I were you, I would. I'd like to seek revenge and prove how wrong my unloyal partner was, but you're better than me. You're kind and honest and so incredibly strong and mature. You can overcome everything and remain innocent. That's why I'm begging you to give me some of your kindness once again. Please, Alex, give me time to fix this. Even though there's probably no way to repair the damage I made. I wanna make things right.

-Deal.- I smile faintly. 

Preview

Who's going to win next to trials?

Will Heather kill Duncan or the other way round? 

Will someone use a key?

What will be the results of Geoff and Alexandra's conversation?

Find out next time on Total Drama Island!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 395 24
started july 2023 ended july 2023 THIRD BOOK OF THE SERIES - de·te·ri·o·ra·tion /dəˌtirēəˈrāSH(ə)n/ the process of becoming progressively worse. - Di...
82.2K 1.5K 39
started july 2021 ended october 2021 - ser·en·dip·i·ty /ˌserənˈdipədē/ the occurrence or development of events by chance in a beneficial way; findin...
153K 1K 18
This story was inspired by total drama island (the original cast) and picture and the idea all came from @eavee_ry on TikTok, this story contains gor...
3.5K 108 8
**COMPLETED** See how Courtney and Duncan's relationship developed over the years; from elementary school to college. Will the outside forces pullin...