The Golden Girl ↠ Finn Shelby

By ShikShin_ss

"This is all the Peaky Blinders' fault. Your fault, Finn. Damn you." Beatrice Gold, the youngest child of Abe... More

Characters
Playlist
PROLOGE ↠ running away
CHAPTER 1 ↠ arriving in small heath
CHAPTER 2 ↠ meeting alfie solomons
CHAPTER 3 ↠ crying in artillery square
CHAPTER 4 ↠ meeting michael gray
CHAPTER 5 ↠ painting finn shelby
CHAPTER 6 ↠ finn shelby's birthday
CHAPTER 7 ↠ playing games & telling misfortunes
CHAPTER 8 ↠ too purehearted
CHAPTER 9 ↠ apologies & horse riding
CHAPTER 10 ↠ bonnie vs. goliath
CHAPTER 11 ↠ to dying together
CHAPTER 12 ↠ proving bonnie wrong
CHAPTER 13 ↠ helping the shelbys
CHAPTER 14 ↠ a joy to be around
CHAPTER 15 ↠ a dinner party
CHAPTER 16 ↠ a gift for finn
CHAPTER 17 ↠ aiming and shooting at hearts
CHAPTER 18 ↠ returning to london
CHAPTER 19 ↠ working together
CHAPTER 20 ↠ going for drinks
CHAPTER 21 ↠ love in artillery square
CHAPTER 22 ↠ painting a beach
CHAPTER 23 ↠ an agreement with tommy
CHAPTER 24 ↠ telling the bad news
CHAPTER 25 ↠ boat trip & a familiar face
CHAPTER 26 ↠ understanding
CHAPTER 27 ↠ freedom
CHAPTER 28 ↠ a dinner
CHAPTER 29 ↠ days of fun & foundation
CHAPTER 30 ↠ dancing
CHAPTER 31 ↠ a cigarette and a bee
CHAPTER 32 ↠ a lie to leave early
CHAPTER 33 ↠ staying and going
CHAPTER 34 ↠ letters home
CHAPTER 35 ↠ reconciliation and second-guessing
CHAPTER 36 ↠ final decision
CHAPTER 37 ↠ going home
CHAPTER 38 ↠ bea and bonnie
CHAPTER 39 ↠ the lake
CHAPTER 40 ↠ stolen goods
CHAPTER 41 ↠ underwater
CHAPTER 42 ↠ a permanent job & drunk talks
CHAPTER 43 ↠ payday
CHAPTER 44 ↠ displeased bonnie
chapter 45 ↠ unwelcome knowledge
CHAPTER 47 ↠ a birthday before christmas
CHAPTER 48 ↠ hard work pays off two extra shillings
CHAPTER 49 ↠ years fly by
CHAPTER 50 ↠ purpose
CHAPTER 51 ↠ wall street crash
CHAPTER 52 ↠ a reprimand
CHAPTER 53 ↠ darkness
CHAPTER 54 ↠ emptiness
CHAPTER 55 ↠ numbness first
CHAPTER 56 ↠ anger after
CHAPTER 57 ↠ feeling helpless
CHAPTER 58 ↠ fracture
CHAPTER 59 ↠ the painting
CHAPTER 60 ↠ a new start
CHAPTER 61 ↠ playing piano for him
CHAPTER 62 ↠ words meant to be said
CHAPTER 63 ↠ enjoying the party
CHAPTER 64 ↠ the girl finn was trying to impress
CHAPTER 65 ↠ exchanged letters
CHAPTER 66 ↠ a place of power
CHAPTER 67 ↠ confession to a priest and someone else
CHAPTER 68 ↠ offer to help
CHAPTER 69 ↠ a haunted spy
CHAPTER 70 ↠ family meeting
CHAPTER 71 ↠ snow vs. bee
CHAPTER 72 ↠ broken agreement
CHAPTER 73 ↠ jesus goes to church
CHAPTER 74 ↠ midnight meet up
CHAPTER 75 ↠ traitor
CHAPTER 76 ↠ the beginning
CHAPTER 77 ↠ a long stay
CHAPTER 78 ↠ struggle to leave
chapter 79 ↠ a letter from new york
chapter 80 ↠ a short getaway

CHAPTER 46 ↠ trip to london

1.7K 76 11
By ShikShin_ss

The next day, Finn drove Bea to Tommy's house, where he was expecting her to get some work done.

When Bea walked in, the house seemed empty, but then she saw Lizzie.

"Hello! Congratulations!" she says with a hug.

"Thank you, Bea."

"How are you? How is little Ruby?"

"I'm fine, thank you. It's been some hard few days. But she's sleeping now."

"I won't go wake her, then, but I hope to meet her soon."

"Maybe before you leave," Lizzie says. "Tommy is in his office."

"Okay, thank you."

Inside his office, Tommy was on a call. When Bea stood at the door, he signaled her to go in and sit down as he continued on the call. Bea started looking at the papers he had spread on the table, even though he didn't tell her she could touch them.

"All right," Tommy clears his throat as he puts the phone down and Bea puts the papers, she'd picked up back on the table. "So, I hope you had a good few days off."

"Yes, it was nice going to camp. You enjoying being a father of two?"

"Of course, although I could do without the crying," he says as he sits down. "So, onto business. Next week, I need to go to London, have a few meetings, go to the parliament... I want you to join me. Help me up with everything I need to do and when. Also, I need you to keep me informed on the people I'm meeting."

"Yes, of course," Bea agrees.

"Great. Today, you'll help me with these I have," he says pointing at the paper-covered table. "Tomorrow you can work back at the office."

"But you're not coming back yet?"

"No, I'll have to stay here for another week, to help Lizzie. But after the London trip I'll be back in the office."

"All right. I'll use the telephone if I need something tomorrow then. That's what they are for."

"Exactly. Now, let's sort this out."

They worked hard for a while, Tommy made some more calls as well. By lunch time they still had a lot to do, so they took a break to go and eat. When they got out of the office, Bea saw Charlie, who was watching Lizzie taking care of little Ruby.

"Charlie!" Tommy calls out. "Look who's here."

Charlie looks and sees Bea next to Tommy. His face lights up and he runs with open arms to Bea.

"Bea!" he shouts. When he gets to her he jumps to her arms and Bea holds him up in a hug.

"You still remember me?" Bea asks surprised, since it had been a few months since he'd last seen her.

"Of course."

Bea continues to hold Charlie as she walks and stops behind Lizzie, who was rocking Ruby to sleep.

"She's so beautiful," Bea compliments and reaches Ruby's little hand with a finger she holds onto.

"Let's go have lunch then," Tommy rushes. "We need to get back to work."

They had a calm lunch and afterwards Arthur and Polly came to work of the business as well.

"Hello, love!" Arthur greets overly excited.

"Hi," she greets suspicious.

Arthur moves to her side and puts an arm around her shoulders.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Great, great... I was just wondering how you could have ended up being part of the family."

"Arthur," Polly warns.

"Part of the..." she stops speaking and looks at Tommy as realization soon hits her. "If I had known you were going to tell everyone..."

"I only told Arthur."

"I obviously told Polly," Arthur says shamelessly. "Polly told Ada."

"For Peaky Blinders, you speak way too much. I wouldn't have guessed that you are the same people that pretended Arthur was really dead, or that kept a secret the whole plan with Polly pretending to sell out Tommy to Luca."

"Oh, that was business," Arthur dismisses. "This is... a funny theme of conversation."

"I don't find it funny," Bea affirms.

"Well, we do," Arthur says with a smile.

"Not necessarily funny," Polly says backing Bea, "but... interesting to know. I was surprised you didn't just marry him then and there."

"I thought we were here to work, not discuss Michael and I."

"Good thing there's not much to discuss between Michael and you. You said 'no' after all."

Bea rolls her eyes, removes Arthur's arm from her shoulders and walks ahead to Tommy's office.

The week passed by quickly and then Bea found herself on a train to London with Tommy and Polly. As soon as they arrived, Polly was gone to see Ada and, since Tommy didn't need Bea's helping hand at the moment, he told her to go with Polly.

They stayed there for a couple of hours, having tea and speaking to Ada — Bea listening more than speaking — and then they went to the hotel for dinner and a good night of sleep.

For four days, most Bea did was go in with Tommy to meetings, greet whoever was inside and then either sitting away from the table they were around but at hearing distance or she'd leave the place altogether.

The times she stayed, Tommy usually asked what she thought about what she had heard, what was said and how it was said and if she believed that the people supported Tommy or not. 

"Hey, Tommy, can I ask you something?" Bea asks the night before they are meant to go back to Small Heath.

"What?" he asks as he smokes, without looking at her.

"I was wondering if you need me to go back to Birmingham straight away."

"Why?"

"Because if you would give me three days I'd go and see my sisters..."

Tommy finally looks at her and studies her face in silence. The silence was deafening and his piercing blue eyes studying her face for so long made Bea uncomfortable, so she looked away as he continued to smoke while staring.

Starting to wonder whether the silence and the stare were because her question shouldn't even have been asked in the first place and the answer was obviously 'no', Bea was ready to get up and leave Tommy alone.

"Sure, you can stay in London for three extra days," Tommy finally agreed. 

So, the next day, Tommy and Polly went away and Bea stayed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 1.4K 24
"Who are we up against this time?" Lola Gray, the daughter of the gangster Polly Gray, Wife of Isiah Jesus, Sister to Michael Gray and now mother to...
387K 16.4K 81
As the youngest Shelby child and twin to Finn Shelby, Kezia has spent the last 4 of her 10 years locked away for her mental defectiveness. She return...
4.8K 87 10
( 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐁𝐘 ) 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧 ︳❛❛ 𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦, ...
357K 10.7K 68
𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 | ❝ Your heart was crafted from the finest of golds, Bonnie. ❞ ━ IN WHICH Fawnie Shelby's life is turned upside down after...