CHAPTER 10 ↠ bonnie vs. goliath

Soon came the day Bonnie Gold was going to fight Alfie Solomon's monstrous nephew

Soon came the day Bonnie Gold was going to fight Alfie Solomon's monstrous nephew. Bea couldn't help but be scared for Bonnie. She knew he was good, she saw him in the practices, but still, the beast Solomons had pulled out was... a beast.

Aberama didn't want Bea watching but she whined about it, saying that Polly and Lizzie and Linda were all watching, and she didn't want to stay alone as everyone would be at the fight. So Aberama gave in and let her go.

It would be mostly men in the arena, so Bea decided to borrow some other clothes from a Michael who had no date set to return yet. No need to worry about it when he wouldn't know. Bea put her long hair in a braid and then tucked it in with a hat, so that she would look more like a young boy.

Bea was with Aberama and Bonnie in the room Bonnie was getting ready in before the fight.

"Just don't die out there," she warns him.

"I'm not going to die, little sis. I'm on the winning side," Bonnie says confidently.

"Winning side? Because you're with the Peaky Blinders? Bonnie, even they can't help you up there. It all comes down to you."

"Bonnie boy!" a voice shouts in excitement and the next second the three Shelby brothers walk in.

Bonnie stands up.

"There we go boy," Arthur says as he takes out a bottle and starts dropping its contents on his hand. "Bring out that fucking tiger, eh? Go on."

Bonnie shakes his head and confidently says, for Bea's relief, "Tiger's already out."

"Fair enough," Arthur says as he swallows the drugs.

"Bonnie," Aberama calls and Bonnie gets closer to him and supports his arms on his shoulder, getting closer to hear him whisper, "Mr. Shelby will give you a 20% cut if you put Goliath down in the fourth round."

Aberama pats his son, who continues warming up with some air punches.

"Been caged up too long, brother," Bea hears Arthur say. "If the women are going to have fun, so am I!"

The men didn't even look at Bea's direction, so she guessed her disguise was working. Bea left the room only before Bonnie's last minute before entering the arena.

"Fucking hell, I almost didn't recognize you," Finn says when she sits down next to him, on the same row and the Shelby brothers and Aberama, who would come out with Bonnie, would all sit in.