CHAPTER 71 ↠ snow vs. bee

After Tommy finally got Barney under control, he went back to The Garrison tavern along with some others, but not all from the previous meeting

After Tommy finally got Barney under control, he went back to The Garrison tavern along with some others, but not all from the previous meeting. Finn and Bea, for example, didn't go back.

They were by the canal, both smoking a cigarette.

"Have you really not said anything to Billy?" Bea questions. "Arthur is right to wonder, you know?"

"How many times do I have to tell you? Don't you believe me? Don't you trust me?"

"I do trust you, Finn. But I also know someone has been leaking information, you don't have many friends and when people don't have many friends, they tend to open up a bit too much with the ones they have. Like I did with Jack Bradley in New York."

"All right, solid theory. Still, I never talked about family business, and I never talked about you with Billy. Now can we be done with this?"

"I was serious when I said I didn't like Billy when I saw him."

"I work with him, Bumble."

"You should fire him. I could replace him."

"Really? And with what time?" Finn wonders. "You do work for Tommy. Even before we didn't have much time during the day. So, with whatever business you have now, even knowing things I don't know, you mustn't have much time."

"Things you don't know?"

"Yeah, like... going with Tommy to get Barney."

"You knew he was getting Barney to shoot the devil."

"Yeah, but you went to get him. Just you and Tommy," Finn tries to state his point.

"We were dealing with business before and after," Bea dismisses.

"What business is that?"

"I've told you. It's classified."

"All right, Secret Service. Keep your secrets," Finn mocks playfully.

Bea finishes her cigarette before getting closer to Finn and wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I meant what I said about the snow... I want you to quit it. It's not good for you."

Finn just smiles and puts his own cigarette out.

"Let's just... be like Lizzie said. I'll be your cocaine. When you feel like doing cocaine, just... come to see me," Bea suggests with a smile.

"Ohhh, I like this idea, Bumble. I like it a lot." Finn caresses Bea cheek with one hand and rests the other at her neck. "I'll consider."

"Consider?" Bea asks with a dumbfounded smile. "Consider?! So, cocaine is better than whatever we may do together, is it?"

"Not really. But I can't reach you at every hour of every day..."

"Finn Shelby, I think the snow has actually already affected your brain. It's permanent damage, that is. Turning me down for snow... what a shame," she says as she releases Finn and steps back.

"Bumble... I just like doing snow now and then. There's nothing wrong with it."

"Fine," she says as she bites back the words. "Keep that little pleasure of yours. Just don't forget that you denied me this little thing."

"You deny me little things, too."

"I've told you... It's not up to me to say whatever job Tommy has given me. It's part of the thing. Other than that, when have I denied you things?"

"When..." Finn looks around, trying to remember. "When you go to London."

"It was mostly on work, and it's not like it harms you to stay a few days away from me."

"Fine, then... when you..."

"See? I always do the little things you ask of me."

Finn scratches his chin. "You really do, don't you?"

"It's because I love you and I try to always make things that accommodate us both," Bea says slowly. "I know that I ask things of you, too, and you don't often deny them, but this thing... I really hate it and it would make me very happy if you wouldn't do snow."

"Bea?"

Hearing her name being called out from behind her, Bea turns to see Isaiah walking their way.

"Tommy wants to see you," he says as he gets closer. "He's going to his office now and wants you there."

"All right," Bea says. "I'll see you later, Finn."

"Bumble," Finn calls her before she leaves. "I'll see you soon," he says, despite it not being what he really wanted to say.

"I'll find you whenever I solved whatever needs to be solved with Tommy," she assures before leaving with Isaiah.

"Do you know what he wants?" Isaiah wonders.

Bea shrugs. "There're a couple of things I can think about. I just don't know which one he knows about."

"I think he saw McCavern before going to the meeting."

Bea stays quiet.

"Look, I don't regret helping you, but..."

"You did nothing," Bea says. "If anything, you saw me and stopped me. Nothing will happen to you, don't worry."

"I still don't regret helping you—"

"Isaiah," Bea interrupts him with a smile. "I know. But you don't have to worry. Tommy wants to see me, I'm the one in trouble." Bea then links her arm with his. "Let's go. We don't want Tommy to be alone much longer, wondering what my punishment will be."

"I can still speak up for you, have your back."

"Say nothing, do nothing. It's better if I'm the only one to blame."