CHAPTER 63 ↠ enjoying the party

They walk in the house and soon spot Tommy and Lizzie, as they go on their way to the dining room

They walk in the house and soon spot Tommy and Lizzie, as they go on their way to the dining room. Bea gets free from Finn's arm, calls out to Lizzie, and hugs her when she gets close.

"Happy Birthday!" Bea wished. "You look fantastic."

"Thank you. And thank you for coming."

"My pleasure. I think this was the best event to start my life in Birmingham again."

"So you are staying," Tommy points out, pleased.

"I am, indeed."

"Polly told me, but I wouldn't believe until I heard it from you. It's good to see you are feeling better," Tommy says with a smile.

"Much better, thank you."

"Great. Well, when you feel up to it, and if you want to, you still have a job at Shelby Company Limited. But we should discuss a promotion."

"Polly told me, but I wouldn't believe until I heard it from you," Bea jokes repeating what he had said to her. "I am very much interested in discussing that."

"Tomorrow then. Stay the night here, and tomorrow before lunch we'll have a meeting and discuss everything."

"If you insist, I shall stay."

"Finn," Tommy calls out seeing how he was close but had kept his distance. "Have you greeted Bea yet?"

"I have. We were just talking outside," Finn replies as he gets closer. "She seems much better than what she left."

"Make sure the lady is not alone tonight," Tommy orders, knowing that before, when she was invited to parties at his house, she'd have Bonnie. "And the ballet will start soon, so I hope you will enjoy that at least," he tells Bea.

"I'm sure I will, Tommy."

"Great. If you excuse me, we'll talk more after the ballet."

"Sure," Bea agrees.

Tommy then goes to his office and Lizzie goes to the dining room where Polly was. She invites Bea to go along, so she goes, but Finn stays behind.

"There are a lot of guests here..." Bea points out.

"Doesn't really feel like a birthday party. More like a party to impress rich people. Which it sort of is. But tell me, you look really well. How do you feel."