CHAPTER 12 ↠ proving bonnie wrong

Bea had been pacing for a while in front of the Shelby Home when Aberama stopped his car and got out

Bea had been pacing for a while in front of the Shelby Home when Aberama stopped his car and got out. Bonnie got out from the passenger seat, and opened the door for the passenger in the back.

Michael got out with the support of his cane.

"Hi," Michael said somber, surely affected by Arthur's death.

"Hello. I'm sorry about your loss."

"Thanks. I wish I had been here," he admits.

"Well, at least you're here now."

Michael nods in agreement.

"How come you didn't go to find me?" he then asks lightheartedly.

"You didn't give me nearly as much time as I had expected. I was planning on going on my journey to find you tomorrow," she lies, with a smile.

Michael chuckles. "You should lie better, otherwise everyone will see through your every word."

Bea shrugs and jokingly says, "I don't like to lie. And I think being honest is better, everyone should just be honest, shouldn't they?"

"You lied through your teeth when you were little," Bonnie points out impartial.

Bea glares at Bonnie sideways.

"I was little," she dismisses.

"You still lie. I can't even count how many since you've gotten here..."

Bea slaps his arm lightly, to shut him up, since they were not only in front of Michael but also Aberama.

"Anyway," she says as she puts on a lovely smile again and looks at Michael, "I'm glad you're finally back. Liked the Gypsies? Did they cure you with their witchcraft?"

Michael chuckles again. "No and no. Wouldn't even let them try to cure me."

"Come now, Mr. Gray," Bonnie says interrupting the small conversation between the other two. "Mr. Shelby has been waiting for you for too long."

Michael nods and then goes in.

"My dear sister," Bonnie starts as he gently puts her long, blonde hair back, "what are you doing?" he asks with an amused smile.

"You remember saying that I shouldn't have run away from a rich, handsome and kind man and I told you I could find someone better and you said: 'not here in Birmingham you won't'?" Bea smiles and holds Bonnie hand. "Well, dear brother, I am proving you wrong."