CHAPTER 18 ↠ returning to london

Unfortunately for Bea, and unlike what she thought, they wouldn't return to camp that night, since Aberama wasn't fit for driving either and Tommy had offered them all rooms to stay

Polly was also staying for the night, so Bea couldn't leave with her either.

Bea quickly asked Tommy which was her room, craving to get on a room before Finn would get back to the house.

"Francis will show you a room," Tommy says before a woman that she had seen before taking care of the house and Charlie shows up and leads Bea up the stairs.

In her room, Bea stays in the dark, only having the moonlight from the window lighting up softly bits of the room. She heads to the window just in time to see Finn and Isaiah get to the house. Finn looked at the cars, and since they were all still there Bea guessed that he understood the meaning of it.

Hopefully he wouldn't find out the room she was in and if he did he would go and bother her there.

It took a while before Bea went to lay down on the bed and the double the time for she to fall asleep. Her mind wide awake from what had happened that night.

On the morning, Bea woke up earliest. Francis, surprisingly or not, was already awake.

"Do you want to eat some breakfast, Miss Gold?"

"No, I'm fine. Thank you, Francis."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm going to wait for my father and brother out by the car," she says before starting to leave.

On her way out she saw a pack of cigarettes. She took one out and lit it up. She wasn't used to smoke so she coughed a few times as she breathed it in.

Outside, Bea leaned against the car as she smoked, trying to keep her mind away from last night, and failing. And above that, her head was throbbing, from too much alcohol. It didn't look like a good day was ahead of her.

"'Morning."

Bea stopped looking at the horizon and looked at the door, from where Bonnie had just come out.

"Where's Aberama? Are we leaving?"

"Yeah, he's getting ready. Everything alright?"

"I just want to leave."

"You look pale," Bonnie adds.