The Golden Girl ↠ Finn Shelby

By ShikShin_ss

"This is all the Peaky Blinders' fault. Your fault, Finn. Damn you." Beatrice Gold, the youngest child of Abe... More

Characters
Playlist
PROLOGE ↠ running away
CHAPTER 1 ↠ arriving in small heath
CHAPTER 2 ↠ meeting alfie solomons
CHAPTER 3 ↠ crying in artillery square
CHAPTER 4 ↠ meeting michael gray
CHAPTER 5 ↠ painting finn shelby
CHAPTER 6 ↠ finn shelby's birthday
CHAPTER 7 ↠ playing games & telling misfortunes
CHAPTER 8 ↠ too purehearted
CHAPTER 9 ↠ apologies & horse riding
CHAPTER 10 ↠ bonnie vs. goliath
CHAPTER 11 ↠ to dying together
CHAPTER 12 ↠ proving bonnie wrong
CHAPTER 13 ↠ helping the shelbys
CHAPTER 14 ↠ a joy to be around
CHAPTER 15 ↠ a dinner party
CHAPTER 16 ↠ a gift for finn
CHAPTER 17 ↠ aiming and shooting at hearts
CHAPTER 18 ↠ returning to london
CHAPTER 19 ↠ working together
CHAPTER 20 ↠ going for drinks
CHAPTER 21 ↠ love in artillery square
CHAPTER 22 ↠ painting a beach
CHAPTER 23 ↠ an agreement with tommy
CHAPTER 24 ↠ telling the bad news
CHAPTER 25 ↠ boat trip & a familiar face
CHAPTER 26 ↠ understanding
CHAPTER 27 ↠ freedom
CHAPTER 28 ↠ a dinner
CHAPTER 29 ↠ days of fun & foundation
CHAPTER 30 ↠ dancing
CHAPTER 31 ↠ a cigarette and a bee
CHAPTER 32 ↠ a lie to leave early
CHAPTER 33 ↠ staying and going
CHAPTER 34 ↠ letters home
CHAPTER 35 ↠ reconciliation and second-guessing
CHAPTER 36 ↠ final decision
CHAPTER 37 ↠ going home
CHAPTER 38 ↠ bea and bonnie
CHAPTER 39 ↠ the lake
CHAPTER 40 ↠ stolen goods
CHAPTER 41 ↠ underwater
CHAPTER 42 ↠ a permanent job & drunk talks
CHAPTER 44 ↠ displeased bonnie
chapter 45 ↠ unwelcome knowledge
CHAPTER 46 ↠ trip to london
CHAPTER 47 ↠ a birthday before christmas
CHAPTER 48 ↠ hard work pays off two extra shillings
CHAPTER 49 ↠ years fly by
CHAPTER 50 ↠ purpose
CHAPTER 51 ↠ wall street crash
CHAPTER 52 ↠ a reprimand
CHAPTER 53 ↠ darkness
CHAPTER 54 ↠ emptiness
CHAPTER 55 ↠ numbness first
CHAPTER 56 ↠ anger after
CHAPTER 57 ↠ feeling helpless
CHAPTER 58 ↠ fracture
CHAPTER 59 ↠ the painting
CHAPTER 60 ↠ a new start
CHAPTER 61 ↠ playing piano for him
CHAPTER 62 ↠ words meant to be said
CHAPTER 63 ↠ enjoying the party
CHAPTER 64 ↠ the girl finn was trying to impress
CHAPTER 65 ↠ exchanged letters
CHAPTER 66 ↠ a place of power
CHAPTER 67 ↠ confession to a priest and someone else
CHAPTER 68 ↠ offer to help
CHAPTER 69 ↠ a haunted spy
CHAPTER 70 ↠ family meeting
CHAPTER 71 ↠ snow vs. bee
CHAPTER 72 ↠ broken agreement
CHAPTER 73 ↠ jesus goes to church
CHAPTER 74 ↠ midnight meet up
CHAPTER 75 ↠ traitor
CHAPTER 76 ↠ the beginning
CHAPTER 77 ↠ a long stay
CHAPTER 78 ↠ struggle to leave
chapter 79 ↠ a letter from new york
chapter 80 ↠ a short getaway

CHAPTER 43 ↠ payday

2K 70 12
By ShikShin_ss

Bea started working for Tommy and pretty soon she had the hang of how to do things and what she needed to do as Tommy's secretary. Lizzie, who was getting closer to the end of her pregnancy, also gave her a few pointers when she once went to Tommy's house.

And as there were preparations and campaigns to have for Tommy to become MP for South Birmingham there was extra work to be done. Not only did Bea need to organize Tommy's schedule to fit meetings with important people who'd lead to him being elected, Bea also needed to study those said people, and gather information for Tommy to use on them.

But, despite having that and much more to do, Bea enjoyed working with Tommy. It was hectic and busy and going from one meeting to another, but it was exciting and fulfilling to know that she was being useful.

The pay was also good. Her first real pay, other than what she had gotten for Jack Bradley's portrait back in New York.

It was late and she was alone at the office, Tommy already had gone home and told her to lock the place when she left, when the doors swung open.

Bea shot her eyes to the door, startled by the broken silence, only to find relief at seeing Isaiah, smiling at her.

She shook her head and looked back down at the papers she was reviewing.

"If Tommy were here..." she starts.

"I knew he wasn't," Isaiah affirms amused. "He's back at the Garrison. Everyone is. It's payday."

"I know," Bea says with a smirk as she raises her eyes to Isaiah, who sits down across the table from her. "I just got my first pay," she shows him the money she had saved on the drawer.

"He pays you well."

"I deserve it," Bea states.

"Clearly, working at these hours when it's payday."

"Why's payday any different than any other day?" Bea asks, noticing how he was putting emphasis on that.

"Because everyone leaves early and goes to have a drink."

Bea shakes her head slightly and looks back down on the papers. "I don't feel like drinking today."

"Funny. That's what Finn said. And Finn is always up for drinking."

Bea stays still for a moment and then looks at Isaiah, putting her pen down.

"Fine," Bea gives in. "I'll go have a drink with you. Garrison?"

"Yes!" Isaiah says with triumph. "Let's go, Bea!"

"Hold on. Let me tidy this up."

Bea quickly puts everything in place. Making sure everything in Tommy's office is all right and in its place, Bea locks his doors, then leaves and locks the main doors.

When they are walking towards the Garrison, Bea spots Bonnie.

"Bonnie! Hey!"

He turns back and smiles when he sees her. She jogs to him and embraces him.

"How have you behaving?"

"Ah, better than ever."

Bonnie chuckles, not believing her.

"Bloody have," Bea insists. "Staying out of trouble. Barely going anywhere other than work and Polly's home. Being very responsible, helping Tommy with many businesses."

"Where are you going now?"

"Where do you think?"

"I thought you were going only to work and Polly's home."

"I said I 'barely' went anywhere else. Besides, today is payday."

"Got a lot of money?"

"More than ever. But I've also never really been paid for a month's work. You coming to The Garrison as well?"

"Absolutely, now that you are."

"Let's go then!" Isaiah says wanting to go have a drink.

"I've been busy with work, but first chance I get I want to practice some more boxing with you," Bea says as she walks alongside Bonnie, his arm around her shoulders.

"It's a done deal. I've been practicing almost every day. Getting ready for any potential fight."

"After Goliath, I'm sure there are people wanting to bet on you."

"That there are. Come now," he says pulling her, so they go faster, keeping up with Isaiah. "You're buying me a drink. With your first pay-check."

The Shelby's were in the private room next to the bar. Bea went in just to greet whoever she hadn't seen that day and to tell Tommy, since he was there, that everything was locked.

"Got the keys?"

"How else would I lock it?" Bea asks dumbfounded.

Polly laughs at that, but Tommy just stares.

"Give me the keys," he then orders.

She gets the keys from her pocket and hands them to Tommy, who makes sure to grab her hand as well as the keys, so that she stays close.

He points at her before speaking. "Don't act too smart with me."

"Sorry," Bea says with a chuckle, knowing that Tommy doesn't actually mind it.

"Go on." He looks at the door and sees Isaiah. "Isaiah!" he calls for his attention. "Finn?"

"Oh, huh... he said he didn't feel like drinking today," he says with a grin and glancing at Bea. "He probably had plans with some girl," he adds to see Bea's reaction.

Tommy just nods and then Bea exits the room and goes to the bar with Bonnie and Isaiah. When they have their drinks, they go sit down at a table in the main saloon, since the bar saloon seems more crowded. 

They were speaking as if Isaiah and Bonnie were good friends as well. Isaiah assuring Bonnie that Bea had been laying low and not getting any trouble. They also spoke about training together one day, since Isaiah also used to practice boxing, even though he was never planning on going professional like Bonnie.

It had been a while before Finn showed up, despite telling Isaiah that he wasn't going.

"Oh, look. What a surprise," Isaiah says ironically. "Changed your mind?" he asks when Finn reaches the table. "Date didn't show up?" he tries to contain his laugh.

Bea was sure that despite all the secrecy and not being seen together much, Isaiah figured out there was something going on between her and Finn. However, the way Finn acted while drunk, calling her 'Bumble' and asking her to stay with him surely did not help with keeping it a secret. 

"Changed my mind," Finn simply says. "Nice to see you, Bonnie."

"Mr. Shelby," Bonnie says respectfully.

"Can I get you another drink?"

Bea furrowed her brows only for a second, finding it weird that Finn would offer anything to Bonnie in the first place.

"No, I'm all right. My sister is paying for me tonight, as well."

"Payday," Bea explains at Finn's confused expression. "First pay has to be to gift Bonnie something. He chose drinks."

Bonnie raises the glass in front of him and then drinks a bit more.

"I'm going to get something for myself, then," Finn says before going.

Bea wanted to go with Finn, to talk to him alone, but she knew that going straight away would bring too much suspicion on Isaiah. Then again, he already seemed to know. And Bonnie knew it as well. He told her he had witnessed them kissing the first time and suspected that Bea had never gotten too close with Michael because of Finn. So, what was the point of pretending like there was nothing between them?

Finn looked discretely over the shoulder and nodded his head, asking Bea to go over.

"I'm getting another gin," Bea announces before standing with her empty glass and going to the bar.

"I thought I was getting you from Tommy's office."

"I was waiting but then Isaiah showed up, and when I said I didn't want to drink he said you'd said the same thing... I just didn't want him to think... It was stupid. Never mind."

"You don't want him to know?"

"I don't want him to talk about it. He mentions something to someone and suddenly everyone knows."

"Including your brother?" Finn asks, looking back at the table and seeing Bonnie staring back at him.

"Actually, he kind of already knows."

"He knows?"

"The night of the dinner at Tommy's house. When we kissed and he was drunk and sick... he saw."

"So your brother is fine with me being with you?"

"I guess so... When we talked about it he didn't seem to mind. And, even if you two aren't friends or anything, I think he liked you."

Finn gets a smug look on his face and stands straighter.

Bea elbows him slightly, not liking how he seems so satisfied by what he heard. "Stop it."

"Not only did you speak of me to your brother, but he also sort of likes me? I'd say that's a win, Bea."

"It definitely is a win. You know what isn't a win, though? If Aberama finds out."

Finn loses his smile, knowing that she's right and her father wouldn't be pleased.

"I know... But he'll know eventually."

Bea eyes Finn. When the bartender comes to take our order, Finn tells him to come back in a minute. 

"I'd say we tell Isaiah to keep it quiet and not mention anything in front of other people. Bonnie won't tell anyone anyway..."

"Bonnie and Isaiah can know, but no one else?"

"Not for now."

Finn rolls his eyes and sighs. "Fine. But we could just tell everyone. No one really cares..."

"Not yet. It's only been a little over a month since I came back from New York and—"

"And I've liked you since before," Finn interrupts her. "Just like you did."

"Let's just keep it to ourselves for now."

"All right," Finn agrees. "Are we uh... still going to Artillery Square after leaving?"

"No, I think I'll just go with Polly back home. Besides, Bonnie can know something but I don't think he'd be pleased knowing that we were going to spend the night at your empty apartment."

"Yeah, right... Another day." 

"Let's get out drinks and go back to the table."

Finn calls the bartender; they get what they want and join Isaiah and Bonnie. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

810K 21.8K 53
In which Thomas Shelby draws up an alliance between his family and that of his rival, not knowing that it's to have far more complications than he th...
56.2K 1.4K 24
"Who are we up against this time?" Lola Gray, the daughter of the gangster Polly Gray, Wife of Isiah Jesus, Sister to Michael Gray and now mother to...
457K 16.3K 43
𝐞𝐠𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 | ❝ in a fight they're malicious, around each other, they melt.❞ ━━━ in which evelyn shelby falls for...
356K 10.7K 68
𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 | ❝ Your heart was crafted from the finest of golds, Bonnie. ❞ ━ IN WHICH Fawnie Shelby's life is turned upside down after...