The Blacksmack Down (book 6)...

Bởi UFG_Studios

This is the sixth book of "The Blacksmack Down." In this book, Killer and his friends continue on going throu... Xem Thêm

The Blacksmack Down (book 6) The great dimension jump.
Chapter 2 Return of the 25th.
Chapter 3 A unwanted Blue Dragon.
Chapter 4 A little Pride in Sword Art Online.
Chapter 5 We're having a real problem on our hands.
Chapter 6 Meeting The Unknown Hero.
Chapter 7 A forest of dragons and magic.
Chapter 8 Reckless Coliseum.
Chapter 9 A trip to Durarara!!
Chapter 10 Stuck in Fazbear Pizzeria.
Chapter 11 Needless to say, these guys are strong.
Chapter 12: A message from Hell.
Chapter 13: Doppelganger death match.
Chapter 14: Attacking all Titans!!
Chapter 15: Defending and invading.
Chapter 16: Tribal feud.
Chapter 17: The weredragon of Ewth den
Chapter 18: The secret of Ewth Den.
Chapter 19: A murdering Princess.
Chapter 20: The desire of evil.
Chapter 21: Stuck in a ruse.
Chapter 22: When all else fails.
Chapter 23: A well trained Blue Exorcist.
Chapter 24: The resolve of a fighter.
Chapter 25: May the force be with anyone but us.
Chapter 26: The great count Dracula.
Chapter 27: Baluvian Raft City.
Chapter 28: A Mine a day keeps the crafters at bay!
Chapter 29: It's a Marvel we did this.
Chapter 30: A Marvelious conclusion!
Chapter 31: Storming Oaklore and Swordhaven.
Chapter 32: A rather Twisted turn of events.
Chapter 33: Stuck between a Dwarf and a hard place.
Chapter 34: A kitsune in armor.
Chapter 35: Darkovia playdate.
Chapter 36: Sounds of Discordia.
Chapter 37: The Pala-dead!
Chapter 38: The Pala-dead! (Part 2.)
Chapter 39: The questionable Necropolis!
Chapter 40: Sepulchure's plague.
Chapter 41: Arcangrove treasure hunt. (Part 1)
Chapter 41: Arcangrove treasure hunt. (Part 2)
Chapter 41: Arcangrove treasure hunt. (Part 3)
Chapter 42: You don't want a friend like him.
Chapter 42: You don't want a friend like him. (Part 2)
Chapter 42: You don't want a friend like him. (Part 3)
Chapter 43: A ravine drenched in blood.
Chapter 43: A ravine drenched in blood (part 2).
Chapter 43: A ravine drenched in blood (part 3).
Chapter 44: Time constraining. (Part 2)
Chapter 44: Time constraining. (Part 3)
Chapter 45: A thundering sense of false hope.
Chapter 46: A group of chaotic twins!
Chapter 47: A breather at Willow Creek.
Chapter 48: Holding out for a Hiro!
Chapter 49: A Chaotic end.

Chapter 44: Time constraining.

3 0 0
Bởi UFG_Studios

Chapter 44: Time constraining.

It was May 30th. At an unknown time. Hiro's eyes shot open as he stood at the entrance of what looked like a futuristic setting. He stood in what looked like a back alley, and in the distance was a sacked city. Monsters were running amok and destroyed buildings filled his line of sight.
Hiro took a few steps forward before he noticed Warlic standing near the back of what could be a destroyed vehicle of some sort.
"Warlic!" Hiro exclaimed happily running up to Warlic. He stopped as if something was off about the Warlic standing in front of him. "You're not Warlic, are you,"
Warlic bowed his head slightly. "You are keen in your sight, Hiro," He replied. "I am a Golem, made by my master Iadoa. I am meant to be a familiar face to help ease you into what you're about to learn,"
"About to learn?" Hiro inquired. "I hope there's enough time to study for the test,"
"I cannot help you here yet, Hiro. You must find the Library of Time. There, you will meet another Warlic," Warlic replied. "Though he and I are one of the same, we are very different. I may appear more Mature, but he is the one identical to the Warlic you know from BattleOn,"
Hiro stood in silence. "I'm not sure I understand?" He questioned. "But I'll do what I can, I guess?"
"You must hurry, Hiro. You may not know it yet, but this location is under the influence of Drakath. Time is of the essence," Warlic replied.
"Where can I find the Library of time?" Hiro asked. "I don't recognize this location, though it seems vaguely familiar,"
"Just head West until you see a building with a book hanging on the front of it," Warlic replied. "You shouldn't be able to miss it after that," Warlic replied. "Worry not about your friends from another realm, they will learn in time what they must do,"
"Thanks?" Hiro questioned. "I'll...probably see you around then, Not-Warlic,"

Hiro walked down the street, looking at the completely wrecked city. The monsters looked vaguely familiar to him, but he couldn't pin down why.
He eventually made it into a large room, and like he was told, was another Warlic, similar to the one from BattleOn. And he also saw someone he wasn't familiar with. It was a knight in Crimson red armor with a blue hooded cloak that reached their mid-back.
"You must be the Warlic I was told to see," Hiro started. "The first Warlic was vague about the whole thing and I have no idea what's going on,"
"Welcome Hiro," Warlic replied. "That first Warlic is the one that is more familiar with the town, and I will be your companion for this. I am also Golem Warlic, though I represent the Warlic you are familiar with from BattleOn," 
"And who is that knight?" Hiro inquired.
The knight turned around. He looked Hiro up and down then looked at Warlic. "You sure I can whip him into fighting shape? Killer probably has a likelier chance of teaching him how to do backflips,"
"Are you talking about the same Killer I'm thinking of?" Hiro inquired.
"I guess I shouldn't be surprised," The knight replied. "Kloud is smarter than you," He turned to Warlic again. "I'm not sure he has the learning potential,"
"We will teach him what we can," Warlic replied. "My master demands he learns of the other Heroes of Destiny,"
"Fine," The knight replied before turning back to Hiro. He walked over to him and easily towered over the generic hero. "I will be your combat instructor for the coming lessons. Warlic will be the one teaching you what you will need to learn. I am very strict with my training,"
"With how Killer has been treating Kloud, it might be a welcome change," Hiro replied. He extended his hand. "I'm Hiro Ventura,"
"I'm not shaking your hand," The knight replied. "I'm not here to be your friend, I'm just here to put a little muscle on your bones,"
Hiro put his hand down. "You don't need to be as cold as Killer,"

"Who doesn't need to be cold like me?" Killer asked as he walked into the library. He stared at Hiro and the knight. "Am I interrupting something?"
"He thinks we're friends," The knight replied. "I never said we were and I don't plan on forming a friendly master-student relationship,"
"So that's why you're here," Killer replied. "Everyone else is outside. I told Kloud he was going to follow me around while I kept an eye on Hiro since I've somewhat been training Hiro as well,"
"If you want to continue, by all means," The knight gestured to Hiro.
"No!" Hiro started as he threw himself onto the knight. He stared up into the eyes of the knight then moved back. "I'm willing to learn whatever you want to teach, Crimson Knight,"
"You've scared him shitless," The knight stated.
"I think he knows how cruel I can be with Kloud," Killer replied. "But enough of that!" Killer walked over to Warlic. "What are we doing and how can I help?"
"I'm afraid it isn't much you can do to help, guild-leader," Warlic replied. "These lessons are for Hiro, and Hiro alone,"
"Let's say I have my apprentice that has helped Hiro along the way go with him in case he gets into trouble, then will I be able to help?" Killer inquired. "I wouldn't want to see our only hope get taken down by a monster a higher level than him,"
"If you think it would be best having those two run around together," The knight replied. "I'm not sure I trust them alone,"
"We're going to be around them, as long as we don't interfere with their training," Killer turned to Hiro. "Can I trust you and Kloud to get along?"
"I can try my best?" Hiro replied. "I'm not sure how well Kloud will be able to handle me,"
"He's put up with worse," The knight replied. "Way worse,"
"Then I shall go grab him," Killer stated. "Warlic, please tell these two what needs to be done, and I shall return with my apprentice so he may grow with Hiro,"

"I shall try my best, guild-leader," Warlic replied. All three watched Killer leave the library.
"There are three locations in this Library that you will explore, and one of a future of your world," Warlic stated. "I want you to look around and see the many different worlds that are similar to your own. Find the doors leading to worlds I call Adventure Quest, Dragon Fable, and Mech Quest, after looking into them, I want you to find the door leading into the future if you do not fulfill your destiny. I do not want you to engage in combat with anyone there. You should return to me after it is done,"
"Shouldn't be that hard," Hiro replied. "How will I know which one is the right door for my future?"
"It should have symbols of great power you recognize of this world, such as the famous ax that your paladin friend Artix carries or the crown of your current Ruler of Swordhaven," Warlic replied. "Crimson Knight, please accompany Hiro,"
"Fine," The knight replied.

Hiro and the knight walked through the many halls of the Library until they came to a door that had a statue of a golden angel outside of it. Hiro gulped as he opened the door and then walked in. He was transported to a rocky area. There was a massive stone structure in the center. It had some sort of spinning runes that could have been interrupted as a clock.
"This must be Adventure Quest," Hiro mused. "I have this sense of familiarity from seeing this, almost like I have lived and breathed in this location before. It almost makes me nostalgic,"
"Warlic told me these would seem familiar to you in more ways than one," The knight replied. "The span is full of monsters from the periods you are about to witness,"
"So I should get a good look at all the monsters here just in case I need to fight one?" Hiro inquired.
"You shouldn't need to worry about it," The knight said. "If your soul was reincarnated, it should have core memories that come along with fighting these monsters,"
"Then let's continue," Hiro said. He walked through a stone archway that led back to the library.

He continued his walk through the halls until he came to a metal door with a mysterious mirror hanging on the wall outside of it. The door slid open as he approached and he walked through it and was transported to a steampunk-western location.
"This must be Mech quest," Hiro mused. "Again, I can't shake the feeling of standing here before,"
"Your mind must have core memories buried deep in your mind trying to claw its way out," The knight replied. "The longer you stay here the more they might unlock something, but we don't have time for your nostalgia trip,"
"I know, I know," Hiro said. He took a good look at the sky and the area. "This place just seems...so rich with knowledge,"
"Enough with the basking," The knight replied. He grabbed Hiro by the back of the collar and then threw him through the portal leading back to the library.

Hiro continued his walk until he came to a door with a false Moglin standing outside of it. The false Moglin was in plated armor and held a spear. Hiro open the door and then walked through it. He appeared on a small plateau that showed a very beautiful lake.
Hiro fell to the ground almost instantly as he held his head. He looked through blurry eyes then slowly stood up. He shook his head and blinked to clear his vision.
"All this nostalgia getting to you?" The knight asked.
"This is Dragon Fable," Hiro muttered. "Or is it?" Hiro closed his eyes. "This was somewhere my father stood. I have stood here once before as well, but I cannot remember when I did," Hiro looked around. "I remember standing here with Krauss when we were children. We had gone on many adventures when we were younger," Hiro closed his eyes again. "Why do I remember seeing this through my father's eyes?"
The knight stood in silence as he stared at Hiro.
"I'm not crazy!" Hiro exclaimed. "My father told me of his exploits! He described all of it in great detail!" Hiro looked out into the water. "But this is where he once stood. This is from his time as an adventurer. It is not when I was a child,"
"We're wasting daylight," The knight replied. "We have one more door then we can report back to Warlic,"
"I know," Hiro stated. "I just...don't understand this,"
"That's why you are learning, Hiro," The knight said. "I won't hold your hand through this, but I will help any way I can to make it easier to understand,"
"Then lead on, master knight," Hiro said. He followed the knight through the portal.

The two made it to another door that had Alteon's crown near the door and the Blinding Light of Destiny that Artix normally wielded nearby. Hiro opened the door and then stepped through, taking him to a ruined Swordhaven throne room.
In the throne room was a woman with brown hair.  She had blue eyes and a blue dress on. Hiro's eyes widened.
"Princess Brittany?!" Hiro exclaimed. "What happened? What's going on?! Who did this?!"
"Ah... Hiro," Her face turned to a frown. "I didn't think we would see you here after your... failure. Drakath's portal has been opened, the conqueror has come, and those of us who haven't been Chaorrupted have learned how to live alongside it. My father was slain, as you know, and it required much sacrifice and blood to put down the anarchy that arose. Swordhaven is mine to rule, and I will not allow insubordination. Go, see how much has changed. Do not ask what became of Drakath,"

Hiro stood dumbfounded at what he could only see as pure chaos. He walked past the throne room and into a dungeon to see two others imprisoned. Both of them he knew.
"What's going on?" The knight asked.
"That is the eldest daughter of King Alteon, Brittany," Hiro explained. "She was always so friendly and welcoming toward others," Hiro pointed to Robina who was hanging upside down. "I'm not sure what Robina is doing here," he gestured to a little girl in a prison cell. "And that's the youngest of Alteon's children, Tara. Why are they imprisoned? And why has Brittany become such a merciless ruler?!"
"Remember Hiro, this is if you don't succeed in defeating Drakath," The knight said. "If you don't want this future to come to light, then I suggest you knuckle down and put your back into this,"
"I will do whatever you ask of me, master knight," Hiro said.

"Okay, first," The knight replied. "Quit with this whole Master Knight thing. I'm only here to teach you how to refine your combat techniques, nothing more. Second, I hate being called Master anything. In our guild we are equals, and I refuse to let you who has traveled with my guild for god knows how long start treating me any different," The knight replied.
"But -" Hiro started.
"Third, I won't let you drag our guilds title through the mud when you decide to take your plunge to fight another Chaos lord you have no chance of defeating by yourself," The knight stated. "And lastly, my name is Gibson. I am the second-best swordsman in The Blacksmack Down, right next to Killer. I don't want you thinking just because you are some destined hero that you're somehow better than me. There will always be someone better than you, but you need to learn that they can teach you as well. Killer can learn a lot from the many people here in your dimension, and he already knows so much,"
Hiro was quiet for a second. "...Alright, Gibson," Hiro replied. "We are equals, and I am just observing your teachings as a better swordsman so that I may be able to properly prevent my world from becoming this apocalyptic hellscape,"
"Then let's return to Warlic," Gibson said. "I hope you learned what you could from these locations,"
"I learned that I had some connections to them in some sort of nostalgic past lives, and hopefully that's what he wanted me to learn," Hiro said. "Let's not waste any more time,"
"Excellent," Gibson said. He walked back through the portal leading to the library with Hiro behind him.

Hiro and Gibson made it back to the front room where Warlic was. Killer and Kloud were standing next to Warlic.
"You weren't needed for this set of missions, I'm afraid," Warlic finished. "They were meant to refresh Hiro on his destiny,"
"Like unlocking some sort of core memories?" Kloud inquired. "I guess that wouldn't have helped me anyway,"
"Core memories are a weird thing when linked with souls," Killer stated. "Sometimes they can help people remember things from another life or give them a sense of nostalgia. Knowing Hiro, it probably made him nostalgic,"
"Hey!" Hiro started. "That's not all that happened!"
"That's all that happened," Gibson added. "He got nostalgic then complained about a headache,"
"I did not!" Hiro replied. "I got nostalgic, but that was it!"
"He got extremely nostalgic and is now more determined than before because his future will turn into, what he states is, an apocalyptic hellscape because he failed to defeat Drakath," Gibson added. "Nothing more, nothing less,"
"I see that means he does perceive what he was meant to learn," Warlic said.

Warlic vanished as a new person seemed to appear out of thin air. It was a tall man with graying hair. He had a long strand of what could be considered a beard reaching down to his hip-waist area. He wore white robes with some purple jewels around his neck and waist. He also had two hourglasses on his forearms.
"So, Hiro Ventura, we finally meet! You are as I've found - valiant, committed, and so skilled! Excellent," The man said facing Hiro.
Hiro looked the man over. "...Do I know you? Because I'm pretty sure we've never met. I'd remember that outfit," Hiro replied.
"You surely do not," The man replied. "I am Iadoa. I am a Chronomancer, the master of all the Golem's you have met, and will meet, and, to my dismay, the next Chaos Lord,"
"There's a twist," Killer muttered.
Hiro raised his sword and then swung at Iadoa, completely unprovoked. Iadoa raised his hand and stopped Hiro in his tracks.
"What?!" Hiro exclaimed. "I can't move!!"
"Of course not, Hiro," Iadoa replied. "I am not here to harm you, Hiro. I am here to teach you," Iadoa lowered his hand, freeing Hiro. "I have seen the future of both you and Drakath. I am here to prepare you for the coming war against Drakath,"
"I'm not sure I trust that!" Hiro said.
"Fear not, Hiro," Iadoa said. He extended his hand and took the five standing in the library to a new location.

The new location was a giant snake that seemed to be eating its tail.
"The future is not entirely set," Iadoa said. "However, it will become what you fear unless you become the hero you are meant to be,"
Hiro looked around as the other three stood staring at him. "I'm not sure I understand," He faced Iadoa. "Why would a Chaos Lord help me?"
"I am not entirely a Chaos Lord yet," Iadoa said. "I can feel the blood in my veins rushing through me like poison. It tries to corrupt my mind, but I will not let Chaos take hold of me until you learn all you can from me,"
"Is he the one that called you?" Killer asked Gibson.
"Yeah," Gibson replied. "Though I have no idea why he would call on me for anything,"
"I will entrust you to Golem Warlic," Iadoa stated as he made the previous Warlic he made vanish in the library into wherever they were. "I have to prepare for the coming trials," He then vanished.
"I am glad to have accompanied you on this adventure, Hiro," Warlic said.
"Fine, but you're not my Warlic," Hiro said. "I will call you Warlic2 however, so it's easier for my sanity,"
"No one cares about your sanity, Hiro," Kloud stated.
"Stuff it, Kloud!" Hiro retorted. "I am ready to learn, Warlic2!"
"Excellent," Warlic2 replied.

Warlic2 cleared his throat. "There are a few things I will need you to do, but Kloud looks eager to begin his training," Warlic2 started. "Hiro, for you to continue, you must become one with the Unending one, this giant snake we are on, but I need you to fight something akin to it. There is a creature known as the Unending Avatar. Gibson will teach you what he can about wielding your weapon properly, and I will have Kloud and Killer take on the task of doing a few fetch quests for me,"
"What about the rest of the guild?" Hiro asked. "Shouldn't they be here helping me?"
"They will help you in due time, Hiro," Warlic2 replied. "They've been given tasks by the first Warlic you met in the Span, and hopefully, they deal with all he needs doing before they come to assist you,"
"Okay?" Hiro replied. "Where is this Avatar I'm meant to fight?"
"Just head up towards the tail end of this snake," Warlic2 replied. "It should be in its mouth,"
"Gross," Hiro replied.
"I'm assuming it's considered cannibalism since they are the same kin until proven otherwise," Killer said. "Warlic, would you please give us a list so we know what we're doing?"
"I shall make you your list here in a few," Warlic2 said. "Stay vigilant, Hiro!"
"Alrighty?" Hiro replied. "I'll be back soon, I guess,"
"We'll catch up when we're done here," Killer replied. "You don't need to wait up for us,"
"Let's go, Hiro," Gibson grabbed Hiro's collar then lifted him off the ground and dragged him to the mouth of the giant snake.

The two made it inside the mouth of the giant snake. There was a portal with a dragon above it and an ethereal snake curled up in the corner.
"That should be the thing you need to defeat," Gibson stated. "It should have a physical form, even though it looks ethereal,"
"So, what?" Hiro started. "I just go over there and attack it? It looks pretty harmless,"
"Would you say the same thing about something you know has killed before?" Gibson questioned.
"Why bring that up?" Hiro inquired.
"Because my guild specializes in killing things that originally look harmless," Gibson replied. "Bunnies are a good example. They look harmless but they are probably the most dangerous thing we've ever encountered,"
"That is such a weird thing to say," Hiro replied. "Why would you kill bunnies?"
"I'm assuming you never heard Killer's full name," Gibson stated. "I will enlighten you; His name is Killerofbunnies, and he decided on that name because his parents were killed by a giant bunny beast,"
"That is such a weird name," Hiro replied.
"Coming from someone whose name could very well be Adventure Hero, that isn't saying much," Gibson stated.
Hiro was silent for a moment. "Don't start," Hiro said.
"Don't start what?" Gibson started. "Don't start calling you out for your generic appearance?"
"Fine," Hiro started. "I won't complain about my generic appearance and being the living definition of a generic hero,"
"I want you to go take that thing down," Gibson started. "I want you to use your default fighting style since I haven't seen it, and that way I figure out what I need to do to refine it,"
"That...doesn't make sense," Hiro stated.
"Just fight it. Don't think about what I have to say right now," Gibson stated. "Just fight it like you would a normal enemy,"
"Just fight it, got it," Hiro moved to the snake. He readied his sword. "I was tasked to fight you, so I will,"

The snake uncowled itself. It was easily a head and a half taller than Hiro. Hiro seemed a little phased by the size but it didn't visibly show.
The snake bore its fangs and hissed at Hiro, who was now visibly shaking in his armor.
"It's just a giant snake," Hiro muttered. "I've fought bigger and tougher," He gulped. "Of course, I had Kloud's help for most of those fights,"
"Prove to me you are a better warrior than Kloud!" Gibson stated. "I will be just as harsh as Killer but at least I can say I've trained you to be better than Kloud!"
Hiro's face settled into a stern expression. "I will not be out-classed by that sock-stealing, skeleton-chasing, chaos-eating, Lore-reading, AFK-Camping, group-crashing, Paladin-licking, Glory-chasing, Warlic-teasing, Artix-impersonating, Gravelyn-ogling, Guardian-sniffing, Starcaptain-fawning, Spider-farming, tavern-socializing, inappropriate-dancing, rep-searching, Cyerso's-bathtub-having, sad excuse for a DragonLord!" He raised his weapon. "I will show him what for!!"
"Jeez, mention one rivalry, and his entire attitude changes," Gibson muttered.
"Have at ye, snake!!" Hiro challenged.

The snake lunged down at Hiro, hissing loudly.
Hiro caught the snake's fangs with his sword and then moved its head out of the way.
Hiro wretched his sword free from the fangs and brought his sword down in a powerful swing that caused a bit of the air to quake. Hiro's blade slid into the skin of the snake as if it was butter.
The snake quickly lunged forward at Hiro. The snake sunk its teeth into Hiro's pauldron.
Hiro punched the snake in the eye, which caused it to unhinge its teeth from Hiro.
Hiro did a stupidly complex spin in a full 360 motion. Once he made the full circle he swung his sword in a horizontal strike, cutting into the snake's neck.
The snake let out an angry hiss as it moved back. Its cheeks puffed up then it spat some poison at Hiro's feet.
Hiro jumped back from the newly-formed venom puddle. The snake moved around to the other side of Hiro, forcing him to stand between its head and the puddle.
Hiro clenched his teeth as he moved inches closer to the puddle. He looked the snake's body over.

Hiro jumped backward, over the venom puddle, and landed on the opposite side of where the snake's head was.
The snake slithered closer to Hiro and then brought itself up to its full size. It lunged down at Hiro, fangs bared and venom dripping.
Hiro brought down his sword in a vertical swing, catching the snake's head, and bringing it down to meet the ground.
Hiro thrust his sword into the snake's side and then brought it up and out of the snake, leaving it motionless on the ground.
Hiro turned to Gibson as he lowered his sword.
"That was the clumsiest swordsmanship I've seen since the garrison incident when I was twelve," Gibson stated. "I now understand why Iadoa wanted my help with this,"
"I can't be that bad!" Hiro exclaimed.
"Angela has a better handling with a sword than you do!" Gibson stated. He sighed. "I will train you to use that butter knife better than whatever you demonstrated,"
"I'm not that bad!" Hiro stated.
"You may have a more defensive style, but you are extremely open," Gibson replied. "You hit like a boar, sure, but you can't dodge out of the way of a giant snake! Kloud would have had it dead in the first thirty seconds,"
Hiro lowered his head. "Fine," Hiro replied. "I can use a bit of work, sure, but I chose to be a warrior at Oaklore Keep, and this is what I was taught,"
"Well, now I'm going to whip you into shape," Gibson said. "Let's just hope it doesn't take that long,"

Iadoa appeared next to Hiro, which made it seem like everything froze in place. Hiro raised his sword at Iadoa.
"I'm glad to see you still in one piece," Iadoa stated. "Will you put that thing away?"
"Uh, no," Hiro replied. "You're a Chaos Lord! It's my job to defeat you,"
"In due time, Hiro," Iadoa said. "I am here to teach you what you must learn before you do battle with me," Iadoa continued. "And judging from what Gibson said, you probably wouldn't even have a chance to defeat me anyway,"
Hiro flashed suddenly with the numbers 198 in orange appearing over his head, and to Gibson's surprise, Hiro remained unmoved by it.
"The hell was that!" Gibson exclaimed.
"I just took 198 damage to my ego," Hiro replied. He looked Iadoa in the eyes. "Insults out of the way, what are you to teach me?"
"I am here to teach you the history of the Lore we are in," Iadoa said. He turned toward the portal with the dragon above it. He extended his hand which caused the portal to light up and the eyes on the dragon to glow. "There was once a time that Sepulchure ruled all of Lore, and in doing so caused everyone to meet some undesired fate, with the only people who have survived being Galanoth the dragon slayer. As the world fell into ruin, the only creature who watched was the Eternal Dragon of Time,"

The portal showed Galanoth standing before a large green dragon. The dragon was a spectacular sight to behold. It wore a golden chest piece and had a large clock face behind its head.
Galanoth charged at the dragon and pierced its chest piece. Once the chest piece was broken, three broken hourglasses fell out.
"Where the dragon's heart rested was three hourglasses, each holding a different timeline, and different heroes inside each hourglass. When they were released and broken, the timelines mixed, re-creating the world that we are in now, with the duty of hero falling onto you. You have sadly obtained the strengths of the previous heroes, but have yet to tap into them," Iadoa explained.
"I'm having the weirdest sense of deja vu," Hiro said. "So...hang on," Hiro started. "I'm the product of all these timelines fusing, and I'm forced to be the actual Hero of Lore without necessarily wanting it?" Hiro asked. "What about my dad?! He was a famed dragon lord! He was there to defeat Sepulchure's army! He helped Alteon gain hold of Swordhaven! He was a hero! I wasn't. I was some mischief-maker from Falconreach that got into trouble with Krauss when we were younger!"
"That may have been so," Iadoa replied. "But that doesn't make you any less important than your father," Iadoa closed his eyes. "Have you not always been adventurous? Always been the one willing to stand up and fight?"
"Well...That's aside from the point!!" Hiro exclaimed. "I was adventurous because my dad set a good example for the children back home! Everyone wanted to go on adventures because of him!"
"But you were held in high esteem by Krauss," Iadoa replied. "He went along with your crazy ideas because he could tell you had great potential,"
"So, what," Hiro started. "My best friend growing up only went along with my plans because he knew I would make a great hero someday?"
"I cannot say for sure, since I am not Krauss," Iadoa stated. "I want your lessons to start in what I call Adventure Quest," Iadoa said. "There, you will learn what previous heroes have before you," He turned to Gibson. "Please make sure he doesn't go that far off track,"
"I can't promise anything, Iadoa," Gibson said. "I can barely keep my guild from being taken off track,"
"Fair enough," Iadoa said. "I shall send Killer and Kloud along with you after I have checked in with Golem Warlic," He vanished.
"In you go," Gibson said gesturing to the portal.
Hiro slowly trudged up to the portal and then walked through. with Gibson behind him.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

7.8K 545 34
[[BEFORE YOU READ: it's been years since this fic has been completed but I've recently begun a revisited/rewritten version of it on AO3 as well as he...
569 57 21
This is the fifth book of "The Blacksmack Down." In this book, Killer's guild grows in members and abilities as he and his friends go throughout new...
384 14 11
these books are anime fantasies that I hope some day will be real animes
23.3K 1.1K 20
***17 + or viewer discretion please*** (Book 5-) 𝐈𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤. 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚...