Hell on Remnant(Ghost Rider x...

By GabeTheFallen

Time for a new journey for The Ghost Rider. This time Remnant is the target, Duncan wishes to visit some old... More

Welcome to Remnant
Old and New Faces
One Hell of a Teacher
A Crazy Night
Blast From The Past
The Dance on The Windy Night
A Lost Soul
A New Form?
Chain of Events
Incoming Troubles
Inside Out
The Fall of Beacon
Moving Forward
Incoming War
Ozpin's Sins
Behind the Shadows
Old Town Road
Ludicrous Speed
Welcome to Atlas
Gear Up
Girls Night Out
Boys Night Out
Problems Arising
Inner Conflict
Fight or Flight
War At Our Door
Roses and Demons
Huntsmen VS Blackheart
Roar of the Tigress
Dies Irae
Healing
No More Gods
Carry On
Preview/Trailer

Dark Times

999 19 21
By GabeTheFallen

3rd POV:

Deep within the forest, a rumbling could be heard, the sound of giant footsteps coming at a fast pace could be heard, and finally the beast revealed itself, a giant made of rocks and on it's head it could be seen a Grimm mask, this was a Geist who took possession of a rock formation.

The Geist started swinging his titanic arms trying to attack Ruby who just happened to lure out the Grimm out of it's hiding place, Jaune, Ren and Nora ducked in time so that they wouldn't be hit.

Jaune started to running between the trees to attract his attention. Ren and Nora jumped onto some tree. Nora unleashed a barrage of grenades, while Ren decided to be more mobile by jumping from tree to tree while shooting the giant Grimm.

The Geist then directed his attention towards Ren, the giant then proceeded to bring down the trees that Ren was stationed. Jumping, Ren saw an opening in the Grimm's defense, running alongside his giant arm, he jumped once more taking aim at the mask at the top of it's head, yet the Geist defended himself using his arms making Ren's flury of attacks useless. Ren then landed on the ground next to Jaune.

Jaune: "Gotta get in closer!"

Ren: "My blades don't hurt him!"

???: "How about mine!?"

A figure jumped from the trees in a blue blur, the Geist raised his arm to defend himself yet as the blade came into contact with the giant's arm, the giant was pushed into the ground making craters were it's feet are, his arm cracked, the figure jumped back revealing Ashley.

The Geist slammed his other arm into the ground aiming for Ashley, but she dodged out of the way, taking advantage of the arm that was now stuck in the ground, Ashley dashed towards the Geist's head and with one swift motion she cleaved the mask in half making the rock formation that the giant was made of fall apart.

Ashley: "Well that went well."

Ruby: "You can say that again."

Ashley and Ruby highfived.

With that out of the way, team JNR alongside Ruby and Ashley started to make their way towards the town that told them about the Geist that terorised them.

It's been a while since Ashley and Ruby set route towards Haven Academy, or better said Ruby while Ashley acommpanied her, Duncan and Ashley decided to split apart for now and meet later, Duncan promised Yang that would help her get to Raven so Ashley decided to keep an eye on Ruby for safe measures. On their way they met with Jaune, Ren and Nora, turns out Weiss wasn't the only one who was taken home by their parents.

On their way towards the town, Ashley took notice of a black bird resting on a branch of a tree, a crow.

Arriving in the town the elder rewarded them for slaying the Geist. Soon they went towards a blacksmith to take Jaune's new armor.

Entering the shop, the shopkeeper took notice of them, he instantly brought Jaune's new armor and sword. But as he took of his old one, everyone saw that Jaune was wearing a bunny hoody wich made both Ashley and Ruby laugh their asses of at poor Jaune's expence.

Leaving the blacksmith's shop, started to make their way towards the next town.

But as they got closer they noticed that the town was destroyed, hurriedly they started to look for survivors.

Ren: "Over here!"

Looking were Ren took of running, they saw a huntsman leaning against a destroyed wall, the man was wounded and bleeding.

Ruby: "A huntsmen!"

Jaune: "What happened?! Who killed all this people?!"

Huntsman: " *cough*... bandits... a whole tribe...and, with... all the panic *cough*..."

Ruby: "Alright, we can get him to the next village and find a doctor there."

Ashley: "Ruby... he is already dead."

Hearing Ashley's words the group looked once more at the wounded huntsman only to see him dead.

Nora: "Should we bury him?"

Ren: "We should go, it's not safe here." He said walking past Nora and the group.

Ashley: "He is right, we have to move on."

Before going to the exit of the town, Ashley looked once more between the trees and spotted a crow looking at them, seeing that it was spotted the crow fled.

...

As the rain started, our group managed to find an inn wich they can spend the night, alongside the inn we could see a bar in wich Qrow was sitting at a table, keeping an eye on Ruby's group.

Suddenly a waitress came and put a glass of whiskey on Qrow's table, wich confused and surprised him.

Qrow: "Uhh, i didn't..." He said gesturing towards the drink.

Waitress: "From the woman upstairs, red eyes, said you wouldn't mind bottom shelf."

Qrow: "Thanks."

Waitress: "But, i went ahead and gave you top, lucky you."

The waitress winked at Qrow before going to serve the other customers.

Qrow: "Yeah."

Taking his drink Qrow went upstairs, having a vague idea on who is gonna meet, and lo and behold there stood Raven waiting at a table.

Raven: "Hello brother."

Qrow: "... Raven."

Qrow was about to take a seat but he saw Raven's mask standing in the middle of the table, rolling her eyes and sighing Raven moved her mask to the side. Qrow finally took his seat.

Qrow: "Soooo, what do you want?"

Raven: "A girl can't just catch up with her family?"

Qrow: "She can, but you are not, so how about we get on with it?" He said taking a sip from his drink. "Unless you plan on keeping this coming."

Raven: "Does she have it?"

???: "No, she doesn't."

Ashley just waltzed towards them dragging a chair at their table before taking a seat.

Ashley: "Room for more?"

Raven felt uneasy when she saw Ashley starring blankly at her, as for Qrow he didn't even seemed surprise for Ashley knowing that they are here, after all, Ashley noticed Qrow following them all the way.

Qrow: "How nice of you to join us Ashley, what took you so long?"

Ashley: "Just had to slip by the others nothing much, how about you Raven? How was raiding that village?"

Raven: "This doesn't concern you."

Ashley: "Oh, but i think it does, after all... my brother hunts those who spilled the blood of the innocents."

Qrow: "And kowing the tribe's history, yeah, i'm expecting fireworks sooner or later."

Raven: "I'm doing whatever i can to keep the tribe alive."

Ashley: "Yeah, i saw, and those innocent people saw too."

Raven: "The weak die, the strong live, those are the rules."

Ashley: "Sorry to break it to you but... the strong also have a natural predator, and when that predator arrives, trust me, your pride will hurt the most."

Raven just took her mask before walking away, she sliced open a portal using her semblance, Raven then glanced back at Ashley and Qrow before going through the portal.

Qrow: "I guess she doesn't know about the real threat, huh?"

Ashley: "No, and if she keeps going like that i don't see any good ending."

Qrow: "Hey, about before, the natural predator of the strong? Just out of curiosity."

Ashley: "It's quite simple... the weak."

...

TIMESKIP:

3rd POV:

Our group found themselves on another path towards the next village, Ashley kept an keen eye for any beings that seem out of Remmant. Qrow on the other hand chose to stay hidden for now. As they were walking our group was welcomed by the sight of walls surrouding a town.

Jaune: "That's strange, i didn't think we would be hitting another village for a few days."

Nora hopped on top of a fence to get a better view.

Nora: "Are those buildings... damaged?"

Jaune: "We should search for survivors!"

As Ruby and team JNR ran ahead, Ashley remained behind taking a close look around their surroudings.

Ashley: "Something doesn't seem right... i have a bad feeling."

Ashley then ran catching up with the others who were searching around for any signs of life in this desolate town, it looked more like a ghost town. It was unfinished.

Nora: "Hey i think i found something!"

Running towards Nora they saw a plate with the town's name on it.

Nora: "Oniyuri, never heard of it."

Jaune: "Me neither."

Ren: "I have, you might think of it as Anima's Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed it."

Yet as Ren started to explain about the town's origin, Ashley widened her eyes when she felt something incoming, something demonic. The sound of hooves could be heard coming at a fast pace, this put everyone on alert, suddenly Qrow was thrown over the wall landing next to Ahsley he looked bathered like he was fighting something out of his league.

Ashley: "Qrow!? What happened?!"

Qrow: "THAT! Happened!"

The walls of the town were busted down by Tyrian.

Ashley: "No... fucking way!"

But Ashley was more worried about what Tyrian was riding in top of, a beast of the Underworld, a demon, or better said a horse.

An Elder Geryon, a seemingly looking demonic horse, yet his powers are far to be underestimated.

Qrow: "Kids, you need to run! NOW!"

Jaune: "Wait! What's going on?!"

Ashley: "No time to explain, run!"

Tyrian took his time to look around at each and one of the group until his eyes landed on Ruby.

Tyrian: "Oho, this is going to be fun, hehehehahahAHAHAHAHAAH! A nice try i might say, but this bad boy is quite the fighter, he may be a bad mouth with a blackheart but he knows how to make gifts and I LOVE THEM!"

Ashley found Tyrian's choice of words interesting, they were enough to give her an idea of how someone like him got a hold of a Geryon.

Tyrian: "Now i think it's about to get to business, all of you may die for all i care, hehehehehe, but you little Rose are coming with me."

Qrow: "Fat chance you bastard!"

Tyrian: "Is that so? Geryon be a doll and..."

Yet at as the world seemed to be enveloped in a silver color, the time slowed down almost to a stop, all thanks to the new gift that Tyrian was given. No one could move, but Tyrian should have payed more attention towards the katane weilder who happned to have her hand in a claw like state close to her face.

Tyrian seeing this couldn't help but start to laugh like there was no tomorrow, hopping off Geryon, skipping towards Ruby seeing no obstacle, only to please his goddess, yet as he got close to Ruby he finally notice someone missing.

Tyrian: "Huh? Where's the white haired one?"

???: "Right here jackass!"

The new and distorted voice sent chills down Tyrian's spine, yet a hand grabbed his shoulder and turned him around only to be met by a fist to the face sending him flying into a wall. The Elder Geryon seeing this, attacked the individual who's figure was obscured by  smoke, but Geryon was launched through the trees by a blast of dark blue energy in a crescent form.

Tyrian finally recover, he had a bloody nose and a few missing teeths, making a few wobbly steps he saw that Ashley was the one who attacked him, yet her face was covered by a porcelain white skull face mask with blue markings, her eyes were dark blue slits with black sclera, and her voice had an disturbing echo into it.

Ashley: "Something the matter? You look like you have seen a ghost."

Tyrian looked around him and saw that time was still being slowed down, but Ashley was moving just fine.

Tyrian: "Damn! He never said anything about you!"

Ashley: "Oh, let me guess, Blackheart? He doesn't say much all the time."

Tyrian wasted no time in rushing towards Ashley, who just disappeared from his vision, Tyrian was then sent flying into a wall and behind him was Ashley who just kicked him.

Ashley: "I won't kill you, you are still useful."

Tyrian could barely stand up, it felt like his spine would brake any moment from any sudden movement. His aura was useless against Ashley, the only reason that he wasn't paralysed or dead, it was that Ashley held back quite a lot.

Hearing sudden movement, the Geryon came rushing towards Ashley from within the forest, a wound on his chest could be seen.

Ashley lowered her stance and put a hand on the handle of the sword, shortly, energy started to gather around her, space itself looking distorted as thousands of cuts appeared within the air.

Ashley: "Slay all... Judgement Cut End!"

And within a split second Ashley disappeared, Geryon's body was sliced and diced into thousands of pieces, legs, torso, head, all reduced to small chuncks of meat, and with that Ashley reappeared back into the spot were she was standing. Making time resume once more, from the Geryon's remain a glowing silver orb went into Ashley's chest.

Quickly, Qrow and the others were shocked by seeing what happened, to them it looked like it just moved at super speed.

Tyrian stood wide eyed, until Ashley appeared right before him, she grabbed him by the head and threw him on the ground, Ashley pinned his hands on top of eachother and with one quick motion she stabbed her katana so into his palms, making Tyrian scream in pain. Taking notice of his scorpion tail, Ashley grabbed it and started to pull slowly making Tyrian scream in pain.

Ashley: "Knock, knock... let the Devil in!"

With a sickening sound of flesh being teared, Ashley ripped Tyrian's tail off.

The others could only stare in fear of what transpired before their very own eyes.

Ashley: "Now... you better talk or i bring The Rider here."

...

...

...

In the meantime, far away, through the roads between the trees of a forest, two bikes came to a stop as they reached a crossroad, Duncan and Yang looked at eachother before nodding and deciding on a course.

Through out the ride, Duncan kept taking glances behind them, sensing something following them since they arrived in the forest.

Shortly they arrived in front of a gas station.

Duncan: "You should take something to drink, it will take a while until we get there and there won't be any shops on the road."

Yang: "Sure thing, what about you? Aren't you thirsty?"

Duncan: "Nah, i'm fine, just take what you need."

Nodding, Yang went inside the gas station, Duncan looked once more towards the forest before parking his bike.

Walking between the woods he grabbed his chain that was wrapped around his torso before whipping it into a tree, feeling the chain coiling around something, Duncan pulled the chain dragging a small winged demon.

Duncan: "Scouts? All the way here? They can't be alone."

Zarathos: 'Better return to Yang, if demons are around.'

Duncan ignited the chain setting the small demon on fire, leaving nothing but ashes.

As Duncan returned to the gas station he saw Yang waiting by the bikes and some guy who looked like a bandit pestering her.

Duncan recognized the guy as one of Raven's tribesmen, the guy was dripping with sin, yet he chose to stay calm for now.

Duncan: "Is there a problem?"

Yang: "Not at all, just this guy saying that he knows where Raven is."

Duncan: "Is that so..."

An idea popped inside Duncan's head, something to help Yang and to teach the tribesmen the meaning behind "death is mercy" when it comes to Ghost Riders.

Duncan let the bandit guide them, the bandit wanted to take the backseat on Yang's bike, but Duncan asked(forced) him to go on his bike.

As they were driving they arrived into a clearing, Duncan could feel dozens of souls surrounding them, just as he predicted.

Bandit: "I'll go up ahead and check if the coast is clear."

The bandit runned between the woods, leaving Duncan and Yang alone. Yang took of her pair of sunglasses and put them on her bike. Duncan cracked his knuckles and neck, preparing to crack some heads.

The sound of a gun cocked was hurd followed by a gunshot, targeting Duncan who used his forearm to protect himself, yet no wound was seen, only his jacket was damaged who just started to repair itself thanks to his powers.

Slowly a between 20 and 30 bandits walked between the woods.

Bandit: "I can's believe you were dumb enough to let me lead you here."

Yang clearly was unimpressed, as for Duncan he looked around sensing something familiar.

Duncan: "Yang."

Yang: "Yes?"

Duncan: "This is a good opportunity to help you develop your fighting style, so listen closely."

Yang: "I'm all ears matchstick."

Duncan: "Ok n-... where did you hear that nickname?"

Yang: "Ashley said that what most of the people call you, it's quite funny actually."

Duncan: "So i've been told."

Yang: "Soooo, what were you saying about my fighting style?"

The bandits looked between eachother, before letting out some autistic screams and rushing towards Yang and Duncan.

Duncan: "In moments of crisis, panic does nothing, harness it, let it serve you."

One of the bandits got close to Yang, but she dodged the attack and countered with a punch to the torso making him fall to the ground, another tried to sneak behind her but she ducked and foot sweeped the bandit, while mid air Yang punched the bandit making him ricochet from the ground.

Duncan caught a bandit who tried to attack him with a knife, by the wrist, in a simple motion a loud crack was heard from the bandit's wrist, clearly broken. Another bandit started to shoot Duncan, but he just kept walking calmy while he tanked the bullets, as Duncan got close he grabbed the barrel of the gun and melted it, before punching the bandit right in the face sending him flying into a tree.

As the battle continued Duncan and Yang almost have beaten all the bandits, the earth started to shake.

Yang: "WHAT'S GOING ON!?"

Duncan: "Problem incoming."

Duncan grabbed Yang and jumped shielding her from the giants rocks that were thrown as the earth itself split open revealing a giant demonic grimm bathed in green flames, a pair of wings could be seen and a long scaly tail, and in it's hands a whip, a Balrog demon fused with Grimm.

As Duncan let go of Yang he took a good look at the demon before looking right at the forest gettinf a glimpse of some white clothing and a pair of silver wings.

Yang: "Can you kill something so big?!"

Duncan: "... no..."

Yang: "Wha-"

Duncan: "I can kill bigger."

Duncan grimaced as he felt his flesh burning away, letting out a demonic roar he changed into Ghost Rider, but Duncan took it a step further, flames ingulfed his body until he grew twice the size of the Balrog Grimm.

The Balrog let out a roar as if to say that he wasn't intimidated, but Duncan seemed to understand better the meaning behind it.

Duncan: "It is your blood i seek darkling, you punny Grimm fall before the strenght of The Ghost Rider."

Duncan quickly grabbed the Balrog by it's head lifting it from the ground above his, Duncan then grabbed the Balrog by the head and feets, and with one quick motion the Balrog was ripped in half.

Returning to normal, Duncan looked at Yang who was stunned by the display of brute strenght. Looking around he saw that some bandits got caught in Balrog's entrance while the others ran away.

Duncan: "You ok there?"

Yang: "Yeah, can't say the same for the other guys though."

Duncan: "Good."

Yang: "Before... about panic in moments of crisis... it was about my semblance, wasn't it?"

Duncan: "Heh, you catch on quick, yes it is, take it from someone who uses rage and vengeance to fuel his strength, knowing how to use it and when to use it it can make you at least ten times stronger."

Yang: "Yeah, i think it got it, thanks teach."

Duncan: "No problem firecracker, now let's pay a visit to your deadbeat mom."

Zarathos: 'Using the teachings of that spartan i see, the next thing you will to do is to call Yang, BOI.'

Duncan: 'Nope, not doing that.'

Duncan and Yang followed a path until they arrived in front of some gates made of wood and a wall surrounding many huts and tents.

Duncan put his hand on Yang's shoulder.

Duncan: "Go ahead, i will be with you later."

Yang: "Where are you going?"

Duncan looked towards the more densed parts of the forest with a sad smile , yet the fire in his eyes burned strong.

Duncan: "To say goodbye to a loved one."

Yang was taken back to say the least, she got to see sides of Duncan ever since she met him, he was either not taking things serious or semi-serious and always having a warm smirk that she couldn't find any ill intentions.

Yang: "Ok, but... be careful and make sure you come back, understood?"

Duncan: "Hehehe, of course firecracker."

Duncan ruffled her hair before making his way towards the forest, Yang could only look as Duncan's figure disappeared between the trees. Yang then touched the top of her head where Duncan ruffled her hair.

Yang: "Just this once... i'll let it slide."

...

Duncan walked into the woods until he was met with Laila, she still had that disgusting aura of dark and demonic magic, Duncan didn't know if he should feel angry or sad of how things came to be. But one thing he was sure of.

Duncan: "Let's finish this."

In Duncan's hands flames started to take form of blades until they turned into dual scythes, Harbinger.

They started to cirlce around one another, waiting for the one that shall make the first move.

Laila: "You cannot kill me... without damning your soul..."

Duncan: "Then so be it." He said crossing his scythes.

Laila rushed towards Duncan who blocked the attack, his feet digging deeper into the dirt, seeing that he could fight Laila in human form, Duncan's flesh burned away leaving only a flaming skull. Kicking Laila away to make distance, Duncan joined his scythes together planning to finish this once and for all.

Duncan: "I'm... your monster... no longer."

Hearing this, Laila's emmotionless face adorned a small smile.

Laila unfolded her wings and rushed towards Duncan with higher speed, Duncan stood in one spot, raising his scythe who now was ingulfed in bright blue flames, and with one strike, he broke Laila's angelic sword and drove the blade of the scythe right through her chest.

Duncan changed back into his human form, with a dead look in his eyes.

The holy fire starting to erase the dark magic that binded Laila's being into this mortal realm.

Duncan: "... i'm... sorry..."

Laila: *cough* "Y-y-you...jerk... i-i'm supposed... to be sorry... *cough*."

Duncan gritted his teeth trying to compose himself.

Laila who still had the blade imbeded into her chest used Duncan as a support, who hasn't moved an inch.

Laila: "Y-you have.... to stop him... h-he w-wants... to bring...*cough* Mephisto... back."

Duncan: "T-that's..."

Laila: "He has the... Darkhold..."

And thus Laila gave her last breath, leaving a wide eyed Duncan with the worst news possible. The DarkHold, The Book of Sin, untold power in the hands of someone like Blackheart can bring problems at a cosmic level to say the least.

Duncan closed his eyes as he slowly took out the blade out of her chest and gently put her body down. He then noticed something strapped at her hip, a box, taking the box he noticed something written on it, that broke his heart. "Happy birthday."

Zarathos: 'She died during your 16th  birthday... didn't get a chance to see her...'

Putting the box inside the jacket's inner pocket, he used his holy fire to burn away Laila's corpse so that no one can take advantage of her.

Duncan: "I'm gonna murder Blackheart, even if it's the last thing i do."

Zarathos: 'Amen brother.'

...

In the back of the main tent of the tribe, we could see Yang on her bike with Weiss who was kidnapped by Raven, on the beackseat of the bike.

On front of Yang was a portal leading straight to Qrow made by Raven.

Raven: "If you side with your uncle, i may not be as kind the next time we meet."

???: "She doesn't need your kindness, she is stronger then you will ever be."

Raven looked back and saw most of her tribesmen making a path for Duncan, the heat he emanated made the air almost nonexisted, thus making all of the tribesmen want to stay as far away as possible.

Duncan seemed normal far too normal. Weiss for one was surprised to see Duncan, yet the one who noticed that something wasn't right was Yang.

Raven's face was priceless, she was afraid but was doing a decent job at hiding it, even if Duncan's emotions were in a turmoil, he knew not to target Weiss or Yang with his hellish aura, but Raven was another matter.

Duncan: "Sorry to keep you waiting firecracker, looks like ice princess is with you. You took all you need?"

Yang: "All packed and ready to go matchstick."

Duncan: "Hehehe, that's what i wanted to hear."

Yang drove her bike through the portal, leaving Duncan and Raven. Duncan stopped right before the portal.

Duncan: "You still have a chance Raven... take it while you can..."

And thus Duncan stepped through the portal, leaving Raven alone.

This chapter's meme:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 88 7
bla bla bla jaune's transcripts get revealed, he doesn't get disowned, but blake and phyrra stay by his side and then get sent to ninjago, become nin...
12.6K 379 19
everyone always thought 'what if I was the last human on earth' well imagine if it came true. this is a stray x reader fic hope you enjoy I should st...
2.2K 84 6
Y/N L/N is a 14 year old boy who, along with his close friend Ben Tennyson, goes on a cross-country summer vacation, with Grandpa Max and Gwen Tennys...
3.5K 124 9
Following the War against Salem, Sincline and the rest of Remnant are faced with yet another as they are thrust into a conflict predating Existence h...