Dream SMP (Hogwarts AU)

By LuminaStarCrest

A series of connected (but not chronological), stand-alone fics revolving around members of the Dream SMP, al... More

Info List
Tommy, Your Hufflepuff's Showing (Part 1)
Niki Got a Letter
The Tale Of The Pink Hair
No...No.. Sapnap Don't Do It!!
Tommy, Your Hufflepuff's Showing p.2
Letters To Phil
Ranboo's Debut
Chaser Down!
Big Brothers
Niki Wants In
Wake Me Up After Astronomy, Would You?
The Best Friendships Form During Train Rides p.1
We Lost Him Already?!
Jellybur
A Little Fun at Hogsmead
You Reek of Vinegar
Have You Met Clementine?
Remind Me to Tell You to Never Be a Healer
Henry Goes Missing
Baking 101
Potion Delivery Mishap
Wilbur's Valentine
Tommy's Magical Achievements
Tommy Your Hufflepuff is Showing p.3
Of Braids and Flowers
A Hippogriff In The Castle
JealousInnit
The Little First Year
Pfff, I'm Not Scared Of Techno
And Then I Got Kids! (Part 1)
And Then I Got Kids! (Part 2)
The Better Brother
Bad Idea
So You Want To Be A Prefect?
Flying With Style
Tubbo No. Tubbo Yes!
Pig?
April Fools!
Studying for O.W.Ls-Well, Trying To
The Best Friendships Form During Train Rides part 2
I Get To Be Captain!
Supervising
I Hear "Language" Through the Walls
Karl Does History Homework
The Broomstick Servicing Kit Incident
Tommy, Your Hufflepuff Is Showing (Part 4)
The Best Friendships Form During Train Rides p.3
Invisible Child
Tommy Your Hufflepuff Is Showing p5
Running Errands With A Child
The Case Of The Missing Parchment
Bring Your Kids To Work Day
Fundy's Prophecy
Code-name "Slime"
Dream's Christmas Party
Keith The Dragon
The Craft Children and Magical Creatures
Sam's First Mission
Hey Hi!
Of Swings and Snow

Who's Older?

656 37 17
By LuminaStarCrest

Summary:

Techno and Wilbur reminisce the time that they were told who the older twin is.

Warning! Child Abuse

Set: Beginning of the twin's 6th Year. Flashback is when they were six, a couple months before they met Phil

***

As twins, Techno and Wilbur have always been used to people asking them, "Who's older?" whether it be their friends, professors, heck even Phil asked them when he took them in. It was expected of course, but man can it get annoying sometimes. 

Either way, they never hesitated to answer. Wilbur especially, was very proud that Techno is his older brother. "Wait, so you're the younger brother?" A first year had asked Wilbur while he was touring them around the castle like the good prefect he is. 

"Yup!" Wilbur said, "And over here's the Hospital Wing, I think Madam Posy—our healer—would prefer not to see you in there."

"I still can't believe your younger though," another one of the kids said, "I mean you're so tall!"

WIlbur laughed, "You guys still can't move on from that? First time seeing twins? I mean, I'm taller than my dad and he's like, old old."

The kids laughed at his words. They finally managed to move on from the topic and Wilbur continued to show them around. They were particularly interested in the shortcuts, but Wilbur—bring a petty bitch he sometimes is—didn't tell them where any are located at. "Hey, no one told me about them while I was a fist year. Discovering them is half the fun."

"Boo!" The first years yelled.

Wilbur let out a sigh, "Alright, it's nearly curfew, inside you go!" He said, speaking the password, making the wall open up to show the Slytherin common room.

"Aren't you coming in?"

"Nope," Wilbur said, "As prefect, I have many after curfew duties, such as watch out for other students breaking curfews. That said, I hope I don't see any of you out here." He waved at the first years as the wall closed.

Wilbur stretched his body, tired from dealing with the first years. I am a sixth year prefect, shouldn't the fifth years be doing this? He complained in his mind. Then again, he chose this. He could have declined being a prefect but he accepted it. Things he does to make Phil proud. He sighs. 

He started his rounds around the castle, not really seeing much students out of bed, which isn't too surprising. It's the first day back, he doubts anyone would be willing to risk being the first one in the school year to get called into the Headmaster's office.

"And just as I thought there was no one," Wilbur smirked when he saw a shadow moving, If Wilbur were to guess, this student's going up to the Astronomy Tower. 

"Aha!" Wilbur exclaimed, "For fucks sake!" He exclaimed when he was met with pink hair. "What the fuck are out doing out after curfew, do you want me to turn you in?"

"Obviously not," Technoblade said with a pointed look. 

Wilbur sighed, "What are you even doing here anyway? Pretty sure this is the wrong tower."

"Was looking for my earring," Techno raised the accessory, "Tommy, the little gremlin he is, stole it and hid it up here 'cause I threatened to drown him in the lake—I mean, how was touring the first years"

Wilbur laughed, "Well, I was rambling and let it slip that I had a twin, and got asked by them who was the older one. I told them it was you, of course, but they wouldn't believe me 'cause I was taller."

Techno huffed in amusement, "Isn't that a boost to your ego," he said.

Wilbur rolled his eyes, "But like,I never expected you to be the older one. The whole discovering who's older was a surprise..." he trailed off as he looked up to the sky, smiling at the twinkling stars.

Techno hummed, following Wilbur's gaze...

***

"I'm bored," six year old Wilbur complained, "There's nothing to do."

"I disagree," Techno said from the corner of his bed, as he read another book. "There's plenty of books  you can read, we have toys, there's always pencil and paper you know."

""Yeah, but those things are boring," Wilbur said, hopping off of his bed before climbing Techno's. "You know, for someone who yells 'what a nerd' a lot, you're a real nerd ya know."

Techno rolled his eyes before setting his book down, "Clearly, you're not gonna leave me alone, so what do you want to do?"

Wilbur grinned—Techno swears that if sparkles can go in eyes, Wilbur would definitely have some right now, "Well, I'm glad you asked, dear twin of mine. I wanna explore."

Techno's eyes widen, "No."

"Aww, c'mon, it'll be fun. We've been living in this house for like six years and we haven't even seen the whole thing yet," Wilbur whined.

"Do you want Mother and Father to be angry?" Techno asked, "Like, I know you lack common sense, but jeez Wil, you're taking it to the next level."

"C'mon, please, please, please," Wilbur pleaded.

"No."

"Fine," Wilbur let out a huff, "I'll go alone then!" He declared. 

Techno rolled his eyes, "Pff, you wouldn't."

A door closed shut. Wilbur was no longer in the room. 

"Oh come on," Techno grimaced before hopping out of bed and following Wilbur. He found his twin by the stairs, peeking to make sure neither mother or father were around. 

"Oh cool, you're here," Wilbur said, "C'mon, coast's clear."

The two of them passed the living room, heading directly to the door near the kitchens. They've seen their parents enter the room, but they were never allowed in. "For the record, this is a horrible idea," Techno said as he pushed the door open. 

It was very anticlimactic. It looked like an ordinary guest bedroom. The tow snooped around, under the bed, through the dressers, inside pillow covers, but found nothing. "What do they do in here and why don't they want us in here when there's literally nothing interesting," Wilbur whined, "Ah!" He yelped as he leaned back onto a bookshelf that opened, leading to another room.

"I don't think you know what sneaky means, Wil," Techno said, passing the brunet and entering the strange room. "Is this mother's jewelry collection?" He asked, observing the mountainous amounts of accessories. He reached for a green necklace, only to flinch back when he hears the door to the bedroom slam. 

"What are you two doing?" Their mother screeched. The two backed themselves onto the wall as she approached. "Haven't I told you not to come in here?!" She clutched Wilbur's arm roughly, making the boy whimper. 

Instinctively, Techno pushed his mother's hand away. She scoffed and dragged the both of them out of the room. "Darling," she greeted her husband who was reading a newspaper in the study. "I found these two sneaking around again."

The father sighed, setting the newspaper on the table, "I thought you two had learned your lesson," he said as he stood up, pulling his wand out of his pocket. 

He went for Wilbur first, grabbing him from their mother. He threw him to the ground and raised his wand up, ready to strike. "WAIT!" Techno exclaimed, struggling to get out of his mother's hold. "It was all my idea! I dragged him with me, so if you want to punish someone, punish me."

Their father narrowed his eyes at Techno, not pleased with the interruption. "You said we should always take responsibility, so here I am."

"He does have a point dear," Mother said. 

"Very well," Father said, "Bring this one back to their room. I'll deal with this."

Their mother let Techno go and pulled Wilbur outside the room. "Shall we begin?" The father asked. 

Wilbur flinched when he hears his brother's screams, tears pricking the corner of his eyes. His mother pushed him inside the shared room and slammed the door shut, locking it. Despite being far away from the study, he can still hear Techno's voice. 

Wilbur curled up on himself, letting the tears drop. 

***

Just a bit more

Why did you even agree to this

It's for Wilbur

Right...Wilbur

Techno zoned back in, feeling pain travel everywhere in his body. He held in a whimper, not wanting to let his father get more satisfaction. He'd already screamed enough. 

"I hope you learned your lesson," Father said. "I can't believe you managed to get the other one to listen to you. Maybe I should teach him how to be more authoritative, he's not the older twin for no reason."

"...what?" Techno croaked out. 

"Oh, right, we never did tell you who's older," he let out a low laugh that makes Techno's blood boil. How is it possible that he's finding amusement in this situation. "Then again you never asked," he continued. "Rightfully so." He faced Techno again, "You're free to go. Remember to not break the rules, I won't be as merciless next time."

Techno got up as fast as he could despite his entire body protesting. He knows if he's slow, Father's gonna be more pissed off and might be tempted to go another round. Techno doesn't think he can handle another hit from the curse.

He staggered—holding onto the wall to keep himself upright as he walked to their room. He spots his mother walking down the hall who notices him. She made a gesture for him to follow her, which he did so. 

She led him to the shared bedroom and unlocked the door. "I hope you two learned your lesson. I should never see you two sneaking around anymore." She shut the door with a loud slam before locking it. 

Once in the relative safety of their room, Techno dropped to the floor, panting. "Techno!" Wilbur rushed over to him. "Wha—are you alright? No—of course your not," he scolded himself, "Do you need something? I can—I can—"

Techno reached fro Wilbur's hand, squeezing it. Wilbur stopped his rambling, "I'm sorry," he said. "I knew it was a stupid idea, but I made you come anyway. Now you're—" a hiccup cut his sentence off. "I'm sorry," Wilbur said as he rubbed the tears off of his face. 

Techno forced himself to sit up, leaning onto the bed frame. "It's not your fault," he said. 

"What do you mean it's not my fault? I clearly—"

"You weren't the one who decided to get punished. That was all on me," Techno said. 

"Exactly! Why did you do that?" Wilbur exclaimed, "We're twins, we're supposed to stick together. We can't do that if you keep doing this."

"Yeah, we're twins but..." Techno hesitated, thinking back to his Father's words earlier, "I'm older."

Wilbur sniffled, "Stop it. I know we joke around on who's older, but you can't just say that."

"It's true though," Technoblade lied, "Father let it slip earlier. He was lecturing me, but had one of his proud moments when he was telling me that it's good that I am taking responsibility as his heir."

"Still...I'm sorry," Wilbur said, lowering his head. 

"It's okay, I forgive you," Techno said, leaning his head on Wilbur's shoulder.

"I promise that I'll protect you too, even if I'm not the eldest," Wilbur said. 

Techno couldn't help the smile the snuck onto his face, "I promise that you wouldn't have to," he whispered.

***

"Yeah," Techno said, "A real surprise."

+++++

Twins duooo! I am still very much an avid Techno is the older twin enjoyer, and have always used Techno as the older one, but now you know the truth. I decided on Wilbur for...reasons.

Anyway! I hope you guys enjoyed! For those who requested Phil's time at Hogwarts, don't worry, I see you guys, just having trouble thinking of who the other students are gonna be hahaha.

Thank you for reading! Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

-LuminaStarCrest

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 430 33
It's just me goofing around with short story ideas because a whole book is a lot to be committed to. It's all of our faves from the dream SMP. I do n...
273 2 10
A DreamSMP Fanfiction with Ranboo our beloved as the main character. Ranboo started to hear the voice of a man said to be named Dream after his sixte...
559 25 27
"The first thing I saw was green. It was dark. I was cold. And I was scared." Meet Maedr, Dream's daughter only recently spawned in the Dream SMP. Bu...
50.3K 1.6K 20
PLEASE READ THE DESC COMPLETELY this is shipping ranbooxtubbo in a highschool au, i dont ship the actual people/content creators, i jus...