HIS PRIDE ⇀ Manjiro Sano

By IronNomad

"I don't know, It's nice to not be treated like some gang leader. It's nice to be treated like a normal guy."... More

Cast
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
CAST | 2
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
CAST || 3
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40

Part 36

776 45 94
By IronNomad

Hi hi! So before we start, I just wanted to let you know that I change a decent bit of the manga chapters in this chapter! I hope you don't mind, I just wanted to put my spin on it and include Akira! Love you guys! PS: It's sad and the song above is for a moment of the chapter!

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Darkness.

Nothing but darkness.

That's all he's seen for a while, he couldn't remember for how long.

Weeks?

Months?

Years even?

It didn't-

Rain poured down onto the ground in the graveyard, the only sounds being the muffled raindrops hitting the ground. In the middle of the graveyard sat the grave of one Akira Baji, directly next to his brother, Keisuke.

Suddenly, a quiet pounding began to sound out from the ground, not that anyone was around to hear it. After a few seconds, the dirt suddenly dispersed, a hand shooting up out of it. If anyone had been around, they might've thought that the zombie apocalypse had started. A dirty black-haired man climbed from the ground, clawing his way back from the dead.

Akira sat on his hands and knees, staring at the ground as his mind began to flood with memories of a life he'd yet to live. They were scattered, he couldn't remember what was going on, who was saying what.

"Come on down, I'll settle your score."

"I- entrust everything to you- Aki."

"I guess everyone gets betrayed in the end."

"Akira, you're going to stand firm with them, simply because loyalty is your savior and your curse."

"Goodbye, my pride."

Akira took a deep breath, sucking in as much air into his lungs as he could. Coughs began to echo throughout the graveyard before he finally puked.

"Excuse me, sir? Are you okay?" An older voice asked as Akira took deep breaths, trying to calm his mind and body. He didn't understand what was going on, he couldn't understand it. What happened? Why did Akira feel bigger, it was like he gained fifty pounds of muscle and grown four inches.

"What- What happened? Where's Takemichi?" Akira groaned, looking up to the older man who furrowed his eyebrows at the man.

"Takemichi? I'm sorry but I have no idea who that is. Do you need some help? Would you like me to call someone?" The man asked causing Akira to quickly nod, the older man handing his phone to Akira.

He cocked his head back at the phone, it being like something he'd never seen. There were no keys or buttons at all for that matter. The old man quickly reached over and tapped the phone icon, Akira shaking his head as he hesitantly typed in Asahi's number. The phone rang for a second before it was picked up.

"H-Hello?" A quiet voice asked out into the phone, one which definitely wasn't his best friend.

"Hi- Is uh, Is Asahi there?" Akira mumbled, his heart pounding nearly outside of his chest as he awaited the response. There wasn't one for a second before Akira heard a small sniffle.

"Is this some sort of prank call?!" A loud feminine voice asked out, the sound of the other person snatching the phone coming from the speaker.

"W-What?! No, Asahi is my best friend- I'm just trying to get into contact with him!" Akira responded before coughing. There was a silence on the phone before the woman responded in a quieter voice.

"A-Akira?" She asked out, confusion and recognition flying through her voice.

"Yeah? Who's this?" Akira asked, looking up to the old man who had a look of confusion on his face, probably thinking of what the hell the man was drinking.

"This- This is a joke right?! You're a sick person you know that?! Akira is dead, he died months ago!" The voice angerly spoke out causing Akira to rub his forehead, trying to remember the last thing he was fully aware of.

"Takemichi..." Akira mumbled, remembering patting the boy on the back before feeling the electric jolt through his body.

"How the hell do you know Takemichi?! Listen- Jesus christ, We just got home from my brothers funeral, I don't need anyone calling my niece asking about her dead dads, okay?!" The woman shouted causing Akira's heart to drop.

"Dead dads?! Wait- Who the hell is this?! Who's your brother?!" Akira quickly asked, hearing his heart pound throughout his body.

"Luna Mitsuya, you asshole! My brother was Takashi! We're still grieving He and Asahi's deaths, so will you just leave us be?!" The woman screamed out before hanging up the phone. Akira pulled the phone from his ear, looking down at it as he remained silent.

"It's- 2018? What the hell is happening-"

"AKIRA?!" A voice shouted out from the end of the cemetery, an unfamiliar-looking boy running towards him with black hair. Akira stayed kneeling as he watched the crying boy run towards him, falling down and tackling him into a hug.

"Oh thank god! I thought you might've been gone forever! The time skip must've somehow brought you back to life! I'm so sorry to drag you into all this-" The man rambled before Akira finally realized who was embracing him.

"M-Michi? Is that you?" Akira whispered, Takemichi pulling out of the hug and nodding, a small smile on his face. Akira studied him, looking him up and down. He found the similarities in his appearance, his face being the same shape as well as his eyes. He reached over to his friend, placing his hand on his shoulder.

"You're so... old." Akira mumbled causing Takemichi to let a small chuckle out and shake his head.

"I have a lot to explain to you, Captain," Takemichi mumbled before footsteps echoed behind them.

"Holy shit... you were right, Takemichi." A voice spoke out, Akira looking up to find a slender black-haired man looking down at them with disbelief on his face.

"Who's this?" Akira mumbled out as Takemichi looked over his shoulder at the man.

"This is Hina's brother, Naoto. You remember him, right? Let's just- let's get in the car and I'll explain." Takemichi said, standing up and helping Akira to his feet.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"So all this time, you've been from the future? You knew my brother was going to die and that's why you were trying to stop it?" Akira mumbled, looking at Takemichi who sighed, nodding as guilt came over his face.

"Thank you- for attempting it. Hell- without you there I don't know where I'd be. I might not have even gotten to meet my real family." Akira mumbled, remembering that he got involved with Toman when he stood up to Kiyomasa for Takemichi.

"You've been trying to do this on your own- It makes so much more sense now. It was like you knew certain things were going to happen. Draken and I getting stabbed at the festival, Kisaki being a traitor, my brother, all of it." Akira spoke, beginning to put the pieces together as to how his friend was able to predict everything that was going to happen.

"Chifuyu knows too- He's the only one though," Takemichi mumbled causing Akira to nod, running a hand through his dirt-coated hair.

"Chifuyu! Where is he?! I'm sure we can figure this all out if we get everyone together- You still haven't told me what happened to Mitsuya and... Asahi." Akira sighed, still trying to comprehend the idea of his friends' death.

"Akira... you might want to take a second before I tell you this next bit." Naoto sighed, looking at him from the driver's seat. Akira nodded at him, breathing in through his nose before letting it out of his mouth.

"I'm sorry but- all the admins from Toman, they're all dead. You died first and that set the killer off. Kota Moji was shot to death. Raidan Toji was stabbed, Icarus Creed was beaten, Asahi Shinzo seems to have been executed protecting Takashi Mitsuya who was strangled." Naoto spoke, Akira looking down at his hands as realization began to hit him like a wave.

"What about- What about Mikey? Is he okay?" Akira whimpered out, not looking up to the two of them. The silence intensely beared down on the man as he waited for their response.

"Akira... Mikey was the one who killed them all, all of Toman." Takemichi spoke causing Akira's breathing to stop. That wasn't true, it couldn't be. Mikey loved his friends, they were his family.

"No- No he didn't. That's not true. I don't believe you, Takemichi. There has to be another explanation." Akira spoke, shaking his head as he bit his bottom lip.

"Akira-" Naoto spoke before Akiras head shot up, his eyes welling with tears.

"NO! YOU DIDN'T KNOW HIM! NOT LIKE I DID! MIKEY- HE WOULDN'T DO THAT! HE'S A GOOD PERSON- HE'S- HE HAS MY HEART! HE WOULDN'T THROW IT AWAY LIKE THAT!" Akira shouted at the police officer who flinched back in surprise.

"You were dead, Aki!" Takemichi shouted back at him causing the boy to shake his head and look out the window, tears beginning to pool in his eyes.

"That wouldn't make him do this- he couldn't. He couldn't do this." Akira mumbled, running a hand over his face. This was all too much, he couldn't take it all.

"He was in love with you, Akira. Then- someone in Toman killed you. We never figured out who, but it was someone in there and he lost it." Takemichi mumbled causing Akira to shake his head, banging his head against the back of the seat.

"Akira- this isn't the end. We're going to go back, we're going to stop this from ever becoming our reality." Takemichi spoke, reaching back and patting Akira on the knee, the distraught boy nodding as he stifled a sob. Naoto turned the car on, pulling out of the parking lot.

"We're going to get you a shower and a change of close, then- we're going to find Mikey," Naoto spoke as he drove, Akira nodding.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"You're sure this is the right place?" Akira mumbled as he walked to the front of the broken-down church, Takemichi nodding as he walked forwards, into the building. Akira sighed as he followed the boy, Takemichi getting stuck in his head causing the two to walk in silence.

"If we see him, let me talk okay? He thinks I'm dead." Akira mumbled causing Takemichi to nod, following the memory of where Mikey had told him the story of where his brother found the two bikes. The two found themselves at an impasse of a hallway, both ways seeming as likely as the other.

"Here, let's split up. You go left I'll go right. If one doesn't find him, we'll go back to where the other person went." Akira mumbled causing Takemichi to nod, Akira going left and Takemichi going right. The boy walked for a few minutes, climbing over rubble and looking around.

"Oh- I must be really losing it now." A voice spoke out causing Akira to freeze in the big room Akira stared forwards at the staircase before he glanced over, finding a very different-looking Mikey than the one he'd left a few days ago.

"Are you?" Akira mumbled, not taking his eyes off the now black-haired man that he loved with his entire heart. Mikey's face slightly faltered before he scoffed and shook his head.

"Yeah. I am." Mikey spoke causing Akira's lips to slightly twinge upwards.

"Mikey- It's me," Akira mumbled, taking a few cautious steps towards the boy.

"Shut up, you're gone. I avenged you, I thought you'd stop showing up when I did." Mikey mumbled causing Akira to sigh. He finally closed the distance, not saying a word as he slowly lifted his hand to Mikey's face. The heat of the commander's face finally met Akira's cold hand.

"A-Aki?" Mikey mumbled, this time his voice cracking a little as he said his lover's name. Finally, Mikey looked up at the man who slightly smiled at him.

"Hey, Ashe... You look so tired." Akira whispered, love extremely clear in his voice. Mikey nodded, keeping his face pressed onto Akira's hand.

"I am. It's been so hard without you." Mikey mumbled, biting the inside of his cheek. For a moment, just a moment, he felt his broken heartbeat again. It was like he never lost Akira, it was as if he stayed there the whole time. 

"Why'd you have to leave, baby?" Mikey mumbled, looking into Akira's eyes as the man slightly shook his head.

"I don't know, Mikey... But I'm here now, everything's okay." Akira spoke causing Mikey to sigh, slowly shaking his head.

"You're not here and everything is fucked... you'd be so ashamed of me if you saw what I did. What I did to people you loved." Mikey muttered, slightly pulling away from the boys hand on his face.

"Mikey, that wasn't you- you wouldn't-" Akira was saying before he was cut off by Mikey.

"Except it was me, and I did do it. I killed my own best friends. What kind of person does that, Akira?" Mikey asked, pulling further and further away from the boy.

"All I wanted is for all of us to stay together, to achieve my dream. But you left, then Takemichi left and I lost myself." Mikey spoke, sighing before pushing himself to his feet. 

"Mikey, I didn't leave-" Akira mumbled before Mikey scoffed and shook his head.

"You keep saying that! Jesus, my brain can't even make up new things for you to say... Maybe what you said last time is true." Mikey muttered causing Akira to raise an eyebrow at the boy.

"What would that be?" Akira asked, biting the inside of his cheek.

"It doesn't matter- I just- I wish Takemichi would come already... I want it to end already." Mikey mumbled, looking around as he sighed.

"Want what to end?" Akira questioned, folding his arms over his chest. Mikey rolled his eyes at the question.

"Ugh, I can't wait to see the real you again. Do you think you'll sing to me as you did on our second date? I miss that." Mikey rambled causing Akira to lightly chuckle.

"I remember that, I sang you that Beatles song, right?" Akira asked causing a smile to slowly creep onto Mikey's face as he remembered the night.

"Yeah... I wish I could go back and have you sing to me more- kiss me more." Mikey sighed causing Akira to take a mental note of that. When he went back with Takemichi, he'd be sure to give Mikey all of the kisses and song's he'd like. Akira took a step towards the standing boy, still shorter than him but taller than what he used to be. He reached out to touch his face again,

"Mikey, let's go home," Akria mumbled as he reached out when Mikey sighed, reaching out and grabbing his wrist.

"Will you please just go away? Everytime I see you- I just- please." Mikey spoke, clearly being broken by the reappearance of Akira who sighed.

"Mikey- I'm not in your head, you're not crazy, it's me." Akira spoke causing Mikey to run both hands through his hair, shaking his head as he took an unstable breath. 

"Stop," Mikey spoke, keeping his eyes closed.

"Mikey." Akira simply spoke, pleading with the boy to believe him.

"STOP! JUST STOP IT! JESUS- DO I NEED TO DO WHAT I DID LAST TIME?" Mikey shouted, staring up at the boy with anger. Akira sighed, licking his lips.

"I'm not going anywhere, Mikey. I'm not leaving you." Akira spoke before he felt something collide with his face. Akira fell backward, losing his balance from the punch and landing on the ground with a thud. 

"Ow! Mikey, what the fuck!?" Akira shouted as Mikey mounted the boy, throwing a punch at the boy, landing on his nose.

"Why?! Why do you make me kill you every time!?" Mikey shouted, rage spewing from his mouth. Akira squeezed his eyes shut, trying his best to push Mikey off of him. Suddenly, Akira felt Mikey's hands wrap around the boy's throat, the air slowly being constricted as he felt hot drops of water fall onto his face. 

Akira opened his eyes, finding tears streaming from his love's face as he strangled him.

"M-Mikey..." Akira choked out, black dots beginning to form in his vision. Mikey roared in pain and anguished as he watched the life begin to drain from Akira's face, again.

"I- lo-ve... y-ou." Akira choked out, Mikey screaming in pain as tears began to pour down his face more and more. It was clear to Akira now, Mikey blamed himself for his death, he was killing his friends not to avenge Akira, but to punish himself.

Akira stared into Mikey's grey eyes as a distant memory began to play in his mind, Akira beginning to lose consciousness. 

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

The streetlights shined over the Tokyo park, it being relatively quiet apart from the few picnics going on around, little children running around as the cherry blossom peddles fell to the ground.

"You're still on this?" Mikey chuckled as he tossed a cold fry into his mouth as he leaned back and looked up to Akira who playfully rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I'm just saying- that was a really chaotic way for me to ask you to be my boyfriend," Akira chuckled causing Mikey to reach over and hit him in the leg.

"He was looking at you like a piece of meat! What was I supposed to do?! He didn't even give me my flag." Mikey grumbled causing Akira to chuckle and shake his head.

"You're lucky Draken gave me some ones to carry around, just in case." Akira chuckled out as his boyfriend groaned in embarrassment. The two's laughter died down before Mikey motioned over to the guitar case.

"So- you gonna play me a song, Mr.Musician?" Mikey asked, raising an eyebrow at the boy causing him to chuckle and shrug.

"Do you wish to be serenaded?" Akira jokingly asked causing Mikey to let a flirty giggle out and nod, Akira reaching over and taking the guitar out of the case. Mikey watched as the boy concentrated on tuning the guitar, slightly giggling at the way Akira's tongue slightly stuck out of his mouth as he concentrated on the instrument.

"Okay, I'm ready- Don't make fun of me, short stuff," Akira mumbled causing Mikey to roll his eyes.

| A/N: You can start the song here if you wanna imagine Akira singing it!! :D|

"Just play, loser," Mikey spoke before Akira began to pluck at the strings, Mikey leaning back onto his elbow as he listened to the music, a small smile on his face with a blush covering his cheeks.

"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away. Now it looks as though they're here to stay Oh, I believe in yesterday" Akira sang out, Mikey immediately getting sucked into the boy's voice, intoxicated by the sweet sound.

"Suddenly I'm not half the man I used to be, There's a shadow hangin' over me Oh, yesterday came suddenly. Why she had to go, I don't know, she wouldn't say I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday" Akira sang out, his eyes focused down at his guitar to make sure he wouldn't miss any cords.

"Yesterday Love was such an easy game to play Now I need a place to hide away Oh, I believe in yesterday Why she had to go, I don't know, she wouldn't say I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday Yesterday Love was such an easy game to play Now I need a place to hide away Oh, I believe in yesterday" Akira sang out, finishing the song, closing his eyes as he got towards the end of the song. He took a breath before he smiled, opening his eyes to find Mikey laying there, simply staring at him. There was silence for a few seconds before Akira finally broke it.

"That bad huh?" Akira chuckled, reaching back and scratching the back of his neck. Akira reached back, going to remove the strap of his guitar. Suddenly, he felt warm lips on his own, his eyes quickly closing. It'd only been a few days since the two shared their first kiss, but everyone since then sent Akira's heart into the stratosphere. Mikey pulled away, leaning his forehead on Akira's.

"How did I get so lucky hmm?" Mikey mumbled before Akira chuckled, slightly shaking his head.

"I'm the lucky one here, Manjiro."

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Bang

Akira took a deep breath as he felt the ability to breathe return to him, his eyes shooting open as he stared up at Mikey who looked down at him, confused.

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT, AKIRA?!" Naoto screamed out as he held the smoking gun. A thud next to Akira made him look over, finding Mikey staring at him. 

"MIKEY?! HEY! MIKEY!" Akira screamed, scrambling to his knees and crawling over to Mikey, blood beginning to pour down the side of his head.

"No- no no! You can't! This can't be how we say goodbye! I can't do this again! Not after Keisuke, not with you!" Akira began to sob out, picking up the boy and laying him in his lap, flashbacks of him doing the same thing to his brother flooding his mind.

"You-You're really here?" Mikey stuttered out, staring up at Akira causing the boy to nod, tears falling onto Mikey, the couple having flipped positions from moments ago.

"Yeah, Yeah baby... I'm here." Akira mumbled, brushing the boy's black hair out of his face as hot tears streamed down his face. 

"It's- It's finally over..." Mikey mumbled, a small smile on his face as he stared through the hole in the ceiling.

"All my life... has been suffering, until you showed me what it felt like to relax, to be normal." Mikey mumbled, his gaze shifting to Akira who furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head.

"No- No, baby don't say that... It's not over yet, Takemichi and I? We're gonna fix it all, okay?" Akira mumbled before sniffling.  Mikey lightly chuckled, shaking his head.

"You don't need to- you already gave me more than what I could ask for... But if I could ask for one more favor?" Mikey choked out causing Akira to nod, Takemichi ran into the room, finding the two.

"Find me, in the next life... I want to experience your love all over again." Mikey mumbled causing a small sob to rip through Akira's body.

"I will, no matter what I will," Akira spoke as he watched Mikey struggle to try to lean up. Akira quickly leaned down to him, placing a kiss on his freezing lips.

"Thank you for being my- my pride and for comforting me..." Mikey spoke causing Akira to nod, littering kisses onto his boyfriend's face.

"Akira... I was always- the lucky one." Mikey weakly mumbled as he stared at the boy who smiled at him. Mikey weakly smiled at the boy, before he slowly closed his eyes, dying at peace, in the arms of the one he loved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 261 41
The Tokyo Revengers Character and The Story Cover Credit Belong To The Right Owner. Kikuchi Kei is a one of Tokyo Manji Gang a.k.a Toman founders...
345K 11.8K 18
"𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠?! 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 😏" "𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬? " "𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐟...
33.9K 1.1K 24
Kurokawa Izumi, ever so cold and lacking of social skills, slowly becomes a precious little sister of toman. but she's nothing of the innocent smile...
11.6K 366 13
Oneshots made for Manjiro, to Manjiro, by Manjiro. A world for our Manjiro Sano who deserves all the happiness that this world could offer. Contains...