The Mallapers Are Rising: A R...

By CamillaBarceilla

Part Two to The Mallapers Series Leyla is considered a traitor to the Royal Family. She had betrayed the most... More

The Mallapers Are Rising
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Psst... Announcement One
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Forteen
Psst... Announcement Part Two
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Psst... Announcement Part Three
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Pss...Announcement Part Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Psst... Announcement Four
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Psst...Announcement Part Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Psst... Announcement Part Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Psst...Announcement Part Six
Books

Chapter Twenty Three

1.2K 75 41
By CamillaBarceilla

Alpha Reaper's Point Of View

Fuck. This wasn't supposed to happen. I could feel my wolf howling at the state of my mate, the crimson blood running across the floor. The puddle surrounded him. My face blanched at the sight of my mate on the en-suite floor was too much to bare. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath, listening deeply to the sounds around me. 

I could hear a faint heartbeat. It was weak but it lingered in my year. It was the noise that I desperately wanted to hear. Part of me hated him, but there was part of me that couldn't let him go. That was the problem with being a wolf, you couldn't choose or change who your soulmate was. 

"Get the doctor quickly!" I shouted at Reed who was standing still watching the scene in front of him unfold. 

I knew Reed didn't particularly care for the King, I knew he had questions for why I was reacting this way. For Reed, the King was just a pawn in my game to ensuring The Order was taken down. He didn't know that he was my true mate. All he knew was the King was the one who ordered my execution. I could see his hesitation as the tears rolled down my face. 

"DO IT NOW FOR GODDESS SAKE REED. I'M LOSING HIM." I exclaimed as I ripped my shirt pressing it into the freshly cut wound on his wrist. 

I could feel my soul tearing, my wolf was anxious and withering in pain at the sight in front of her. I could feel her regret at the pain we had caused him. She wanted him in pain but she didn't want him to die. The future that she imagined with her mate was flashing through her mind, it was like she was grasping onto what life could have been. I could feel her paws claw through the remnants of the bond. She was determined not to lose a piece of her soul that was was held by her mate. 

I don't know much time passed but there was a bang as the door flung open. Our pack doctor rushed in, his face red, his breath laboured as he glanced around the room. I was hunched over my mate holding his wrist trying to reduce the bleeding. The doctor quickly shoved a quiet Reed out the way. He bent over and placed his fingers on Alexander's neck as he chucked open his bag. 

"His pulse is still there, he's alive." The doctor had responded. He glanced at my hand which was pressed on the open wound. "Good, your applying pressure to the wound." He removed his hand and flung open his black bag searching for what he needed. He pulled out the needle and some thread and looked at me. "I need to close the wound quickly. I need you to remove your hand so I can assess and treat him as soon as possible."

I growled, I could feel my eyes darken. My wolf was clawing her way to the surface, she refused to let go. She wasn't ready to let him leave her, she wanted him to beg for mercy, to beg for forgiveness, she wanted him to make things right. He couldn't do that if he was dead. 

"Alpha." The doctor looked at me, his eyes were wide. I could smell his fear at upsetting his Alpha linger through the air. "If I'm to save your mate, you need to let him go. I need my nurse as well if there is a chance of him surviving." He whispered as he bowed his head. 

When the doctor mentioned that Alexander was mate. I heard Reed gasp and it was quickly replaced with the loudest growl. It was then that my tear stricken face turned up to my brother who was looking at me in pain and then looking at Alexander in contempt. I could see the pain etched onto his face. I didn't know what to say as sobs escaped my mouth. 

Part of me was desperate for my brother to swoop me in his arms and comfort me, protect me from the one man that had caused me pain. The other part of me knew that I didn't deserve it because my biggest secret was revealed. I knew my brother wouldn't look at me the same, he would be disappointed. Disappointed and heartbroken that I didn't trust him. 

The doctor was working on Alexander as I was crouched over him looking at my brother's pain stricken face. It was then that one of the nurses in my pack rushed in and started speaking to the doctor in hushed tones. 

"Get her out of here Reed." The doctor ordered. My brother was looking at me with his mouth hung open, unable to verbalise his thoughts. "NOW, her wolf is not going to like it and I need to treat him!" He shouted. 

It was then that Reed shook his head and picked me up by my body and legs, he carried bridal style but it was like I was a little girl as I pushed my head to his chest and whimpered. I felt and heard the thump of his feet, the wind breezed past my head, the air was cold against my skin. A thick layer of sweat etched against my skin. 

I don't know how far we ran or how far we got until we came to a halt. He dropped to the floor, holding me tightly to chest as I continued to sob. The tightness of the hug was warm and made me feel safe. For the first time in years, I felt weak and vulnerable. The anger that lingered in my heart had melted away in my heart and all that was left was a sense of guilt. All I could hear was Reed hushing tones as he stroked my hair softly. He was protecting from the storm and as he continued to comfort me, I felt safe from the storm ahead.

"Rita." Reed whispered. "Please tell me that what the doctor said isn't true." 

I knew he would have his questions. I just didn't know how to answer them. He knew my mate had betrayed me but he never knew to what extent. I never told him that my mate was the one who ordered my death, I never explained that my mate was the one who married and fathered a fake child. All he knew was my mate had abandoned me in my time of need. 

"Reed, I wanted to tell you." I whimpered. 

"Rita... Oh Rita... Why didn't you tell me?" Reed asked as he stoked my back. I could feel his tears fall into my hair.

"I was scared... Scared for you... I knew you would try and.... Kill him for what he did... I couldn't risk you... I couldn't lose you too" I let out a large sob. 

"Rita, you should have trusted me. My god what has that man done to you." He said. I could him shake his head back and forth. "What has that family done to you?" 

I didn't know what else to say to him. The answer to his question was rhetorical, for we knew that he had destroyed me. Reed had seen me in pain for many years, he knew that I was saved by the Goddess and he knew that my wolf was special. She was one of the few wolfs that could live away from her mate. He didn't understand how she was able to survive the separation from a mate. All I could do was focus on the soft strokes of his hand through my hair and back. He was comforting me like a father would do for their child. 

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." I whimpered. 

"Rita, you have nothing to be sorry for. You have done nothing wrong. None of this is your fault. He decided to try to attempt suicide, no matter what that isn't your fault. It's okay to feel sad, everything you are feeling is a normal reaction. You can't blame yourself for other people's decisions. Do you understand?" He said firmly as he held my shoulders in a tight embrace. 

I love how my twin knows me so well that I don't even need to tell him what is running through my mind. My brother was the only one who has ever believed in me, he abandoned our family the moment I was disowned by my parents. He knew me better than anyone and he didn't even had to ask me whether I was innocent. Despite my secrets, he still comforted me and offered his words of wisdom. 

"Rita he is not worth your tears." He whispered into my head. 

A part of me wanted to growl, the wolf in me wanted to argue, to fight with him. He was being insensitive, but there was truth in the words he spoke. I knew he didn't deserve my tears and as much I knew he was feeling pain. I was angry at him for trying to take the easy way out. He shouldn't have left me to deal with the mess that he and his queen created. He had a duty to his people, to me. He had a responsibility to make things right. Whether he liked it or not he was King. The Kingdom would fall without him. Lamia and her son were not the rightful heirs to the throne and their reign would bring nothing but destruction. 

Rita, I know this isn't the time to tell you this. I feel your pain but he's dying. My wolf whispered. The pain in her tone was apparent and I could feel the pull she felt, she had the incandescent need to be close to him. 

Are you sure? I thought the doctor would be able to save him? I asked my wolf. 

Rita, he can't be saved by him. His wolf is trying to abandon me, he feels that he is unredeemable, the wolf in him feels there is nothing anchoring him to this world. His wolf is seeking peace and forgiveness for his human's acts. My wolf replied. 

What does that mean? I asked as I continued to sob into Reed's chest. 

It means that he's going to die. My wolf howled. We will lose our soulmate for god this time. 

The sadness that encompassed me was unimaginable. He was going to die? How is that fair? He didn't deserve the peace that came from dying. He didn't deserve to greet our pup in the afterlife. He was needed to fix the mess that he created. The Kingdom needed him to stop The Order. I knew that without him we wouldn't be able to rally the support is needed to stop them. As much as I hated him, I needed him. Although I didn't want to admit it a small part of me loved him and I knew that my wolf wouldn't be strong enough to go on without him. 

What do we do? I asked my wolf.

You already know what to do. It's the only way to save him. My wolf sighed.

My tears came to a halt, as I faced a harsh reality. The one thing I promised myself I wouldn't do was now my only option. Part of me was excited and happy, but the other thing was something I dreaded. I felt like I was betraying my pack, betraying myself. 

"I DON'T THINK HE'S GOING TO PULL THROUGH ALPHA. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING." The doctor shouted through our mind-link. 

I clenched my closed and pulled away from Reed. I stood up and looked at him. The pain clearly etched on my face. I took a deep breath and started running towards the cabin. "RITA, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Reed screamed. "RITA!"

I ran as fast as my human legs could carry me. I pushed my wolf to the forefront of my mind. The trees were whipping past me, the branches were scratching my arms. The wind was brushing past. I could feel my feet pound against the forest floor. There was only one destination in mind. His heavenly scent was something I found disgusting but delicious. My arms were pushing back and forth gaining momentum. Relying on nothing but my wolf senses to push me to where I needed to be. 

The determination from my wolf was unimaginable, as much as she hated him, she wasn't ready to let him go. She needed him to survive. If he died, she knew that she would lose a part of herself that she could never regain. The cabin slowly started to come into my sight. I was close. I was near. Although I wasn't ready for what was about to happen. I knew I had to sacrifice my self-respect and dignity for the Kingdom. 

I pushed through the cabin. The nurse and doctor hovering over Alexander as he laid in the middle of the bed. His wrist was bandaged, his pulse was faint and weak. His skin looked gauntly and cold. I strode pass them and made my way to his side. I pushed myself to the back of my mind and allowed my wolf to take over. I closed my eyes refusing to witness what was enviable. 

"Endymion..." My wolf whispered. Her voice was husky but I could hear the callous tone she held. I knew she resented him for what she was about to do. She was about to sacrifice her pride to save the kingdom. 

She bent my body over, she exhaled his scent as she brought her nose to the crook of his neck. The smell was both something that caused her to shiver in pleasure but flinch in disappoint. 

She elongated her teeth and bit into his neck. Marking him as her's. A sense of accomplishment and shame engulfed her. The only thing she was satisfied with was that Lamia would lose her mark and would feel the tear of the bond that she manipulated. I was sceptical at first, certain that he would reject the mark. 

He can't regret the mark. The mark of his true mate will always overpower a fake mate. We were made for him. The bond is reforming. My wolf said. Her voice was different, stronger and more majestic.

How do you know this?! I exclaimed. 

Rita, we are the true queen to the throne. You have sensed your power before you even laid eyes on him. We are blessed by the Goddess. We are to take our rightful place. My wolf explained. 

How can you be happy be with this?! I sighed. I could feel the thread begin to weave between me and Alexander. It was like an invisible string that was getting stronger as each second pass. It made my stomach churn with sickness but my heart flutter with warmth. I was overwhelmed by the conflicting emotions. I knew my wolf was feeling the same for I could sense the shame rush through her. 

I am not happy. I did what needed to happen. Whether we like it we are fated to him and unfortunately we need him. She sighed in defeat. For too long have we hidden in the shadows, in shame. It is time for us to rise from the ashes and take our place. We are destined to be Queen and this Queen will rise from the ashes and reign down on those who deserve it. The determination was threaded through her voice. 

I sighed in response as she retreated to the back of my mind. The power that I once felt rippled and doubled in response. I was mated to man who I hated, who had destroyed my life. Despite feeling the power of being Queen running through my bones. All I could think was I was the Queen who sacrificed my self-worth and pride for The Kingdom that had shunned me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 15.5K 19
Hazel isn't your average wolf, while she shifts and has a wolf spirit like all the others she's different. She's a Royal which gives her the title of...
484K 6.9K 9
https://www.instagram.com/kim_berly024?igsh=a3FzNnI5NDE1Zm4y #Unedited Hazel Freeman is a normal she wolf, a member of the Blue Lake pack. Her paren...
76K 2.6K 59
***STORY HAS YET TO BE EDITED*** It's been three years since the war between the werewolves and the humans ended. And ever since the day when the hum...
141K 12.9K 91
Book Two in the Mad Queen Series! Don't continue to read if you don't want spoilers for book one! Once, they were strong and united. Now, they are se...