For Her Undamaged (GirlxGirl)

By Maverickk17

She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go... More

Disclaimer
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
1. False Accusations
2. Test Cheaters
3. Motherly Disappointment
4. They Know
5. Shutdown Once
6. Second Time
7. School Beans
8. Listen Here
9. Sewer Criminal
10. Jackass Advice
11. Not Broken
12. Serial Killer
13. Trust Issues
14. Be Nice
15. Book Money
16. Yes? No?
17. Alphabet Mafia
18. Unneeded Comment
19. Perfect World
20. Just Vanish
21. Trying Here
22. Small Goodnight
23. Missing Morning
24. Wrong Feeling
25. It's Me
26. Getting Better
27. Annoying Questions
28. Unknown Plan
29. Like Him
30. Our Life
32. Cookie Deal
33. Poisoned Celery
34. Little Blue
35. Winner Winner
36. Dirty Mind
37. Always Skeptical
38. Predicament Fucking
39. Jealous Tension
40. Lost Together
41. What Now?
42. Minds Away
43. Feeling Worse
44. Spicy Thoughts
45. Wanting Her
46. Having Her
47. After Glow
48. Kept Secret
49. Almost Perfect
50. Missing Her
51. Leather Cover
52. March 10
53. Lands Away
54. BOOM! Confrontation
55. With Her
56. Lightning Bolts
57. Mother's Right
58. Simply Swaying
59. Bloody Knuckles
60. Deal's Off
61. Starting Over
62. It's Obvious
63. Aunt Jacky
64. Grad Gift
65. Meet Up
66. Next Step
67. The Truth
68. All Together
69. Gone Again
70. More Cookies
71. Not Good
72. What Now
73. You're Here!
74. The Unknown
75. For Me
76. For Her
77. A Break
Out now

31. Casual Interrogation

940 59 76
By Maverickk17

_______________

Bailey's POV:

"And here is the winner of this evening, now we do have three course meals in our household unless we have business around in which we offer more of a light dinner but tonight was too special to just have it be casual." My mom sets a plate of roasted garlic lamb shanks with roasted mixed vegetables, and mash potato with some kind of gravy in front of me and Skylar whose sitting across from me while my dad is sitting at the head of the table and my mom on the other end. "This looks good ma'am." I watch Skylar poke at the large bone sticking out of the meat.

"My wife makes the best food, I'm telling you not even Gordon Ramsey can beat my wife's lamb shanks." My dad takes a bite of the food praising my mom, what is this act they're putting on? I don't like it because it's incredibly fake, I hope Skylar isn't taking the bait. "I've never tried anything by Gordon Ramsey." She takes her first bite and I watch her trying to figure out if her face can tell me what she thinks of it.

"My husband flatters me but tonight isn't about me, tell us about yourself Skylar maybe if your family does anything like this." Great and here comes the storm of personal questions so she can read if the person is genuine. I feel like I just tossed Skylar with the wolves without any warning or protection. Universe I know I said I wasn't going to ask anything of you again but please have my mom's throat on a leash for tonight.

"My family, uh it's only my older brother and my older cousin. We all live together and no we don't do anything like this, we have um non-structured lives unlike you all. There are rare times where we're all together at once and we don't blame each other for it because it's just how our life has been for years." She explains taking a sip from her wine. "That's a shame it sounds like work has gotten in the way of your family dynamic." Mom sounded apologetic. Fake. "Um I guess you can say that." I look up and we both eye contact.

"What do you do? Is it like a family business?" My dad genuinely sounds interested but he's treating this like my sophomore year when my date to homecoming had to go through the same thing, I didn't speak to him again after that, our contact broke when she looked at my dad, "We're apart of trading, just within the state nothing big." She tried to shut that part down the same way when she and Carmen were talking about their jobs.

I heard their conversation although it looked like I was busy choosing my books. "Trading huh?" "Yeah technology, you know computers, PC's, routers, mousepads." She adds and my dad chuckles while my mom just smiles. I can't tell if they're putting on this act anymore, it feels way too normal. Dinner continued and more talk about Skylar went on but it's not anything that I haven't heard before.

Is she still hiding something from me, she seems like a truthful person, a book that has a lock but you're still able to read a few sentences on the pages. Or maybe I'm just looking too much into it, this probably just is her life almost like mine. Little stories, few good memories, non-existent relationship with parents.

"Now that we're all done, how about we move on to the desert. I prepared a family favorite, cherries jubilee." My mom stands up and my dad rubs his hands together excitedly, "Daniel, please can you get the glasses up on the top shelf I can't." She asks him and Skylar and I look at each other again both waiting for my dad to leave. "Which cups, the wide ones?" "Daniel we only use one kind of cup for this desert." They start bickering and I feel my phone vibrate.

Skylar :)

Skylar :)
Is everything okay? You seem out of it

Me
Yeah I'm fine, these things aren't usually my thing

Skylar :)
I get it
These aren't my things either but am I doing good?

Me
You're doing great, I'm pretty sure they don't suspect you to be someone that'll lie to teachers and security guards to get out of school 😂

Skylar :)
Hey now!
I have reasons okay and some of them were you

Me
So you're blaming it on me now??

Skylar :)
What?! NO!
I didn't say that
I didn't say that
Whatever mind game you're playing stop it😑

Me
Mindgame? I'm playing no such thing😌

Skylar :)
Mhm sure you don't I will get you back

Me
I'd like to see you try

Skylar :)
Don't underestimate me 😉

"Okay here we go, sorry for the wait, the ice cream was just a little too frozen." My mom lets out a simple laugh while putting a tall wide glass of our not-family favorite dessert, at least not for me and Aunt Jacky. Our favorite is chocolate cake. "Thank you Mrs. Skeels." Skylar looks curiously at the sweet concoction. I don't blame her, the first time I had this I looked at it the same way.

"You're welcome, this is my family's favorite, my younger sister Jacky who's in the military, and our oldest sister Betty who's a teacher would beg me to make this for them even when we have those once in a while family gatherings." That isn't all right, "It must be that good then." Skylar takes her bite and I wait for her reaction. "Wow, that is sweet." Her nose scrunched a little, "It is, the cherries are reduced to a syrup with rum and we chose bailey's because it has a nice sweetness to it then you get the break with the vanilla ice cream. Do you like it?" Mom takes a spoonful along with dad.

"It is good, I'm just more of a chocolate person." She licks her lips attempting to have another bite, this dessert gives you cavities that's why I take very small bites. "She's like Aunt Jacky." I butt in the conversation, "Really?" Dad questions and I nod, "Yes, Aunt Jacky also prefers chocolate flavored things instead of vanilla or strawberry and she loves anything chocolate flavor." I explain my own Aunt's preferences in sweets.

"Your aunt sounds pretty cool." Skylar says and I see my mom tense up, "She is, she's in the army and she's a pilot. She's currently somewhere in Asia training other pilots before they go out for missions and she might be coming for our graduation." I keep speaking highly of the one family member that I know loves me. "Hopefully I can meet her." Skylar smiles and so do I. "You will, I think she'll love to meet you too." I take another bite, as a victory for pissing off my mom without her being able to do anything about it.

The good thing about having people over is that my parents put on a fake facade and they can't get mad at me because it breaks their 'good-parent' masks so as much as I don't like having people around it keeps me safe for a few hours.

"Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Skeels." Skylar wipes her mouth with a napkin as the dinner was coming to an end, sadly. "I can walk you out." I stand up fixing the wrinkle that has appeared on my dress and Skylar stands up walking to my side. "It's wonderful to meet you Skylar and it's reassuring knowing my daughter is with someone who will keep her safe. Also, I would love to talk about some business with your trading business, here is my card. Give me a call when you're not busy so we can set something up. Again it was great meeting you Skylar, you have a good night." My dad hands her his business card that came straight from his pocket.

It still amazes me that he walks around with business cards in his pockets, even if we're out where business isn't really talked about. "For sure sir, thank you." They both shake hands then my mom comes up, "Thank you for joining us Skylar, it was a pleasure. You are quite something." She sighs hugging Skylar and she taps her back not trying to make it awkward. "The pleasure is all mine, I hope you all have good night." She says then I nudge her to follow me.

"I think that went well." I say opening the front door and she steps out while I stand close to the edge, "I think it did too but that's not who they are really are is it?" She asks and my eyes widen, "What?" I question and she chuckles, "I know that wasn't them, they were just trying to prove that it's who they could be but I know they're worse than that." She explains and I sigh, "Yeah you would be right but I'm glad that you're here because that means you don't have to see the side of them that I do." I hope no one has to see that side of them. "Well if that side of them comes out just give me a call and I'll come to get you." She says in all seriousness.

"I'll be sure to let you know." I let out and it fell silent between us but it wasn't awkward at all, "I think I should go before they think I kidnapped you." She takes another step back, "I'll see you on Monday Beans." She waves at me and I step out quickly standing in front of her and I push myself up on my toes planting a kiss on her cheek, "Thank you for the flowers, I'll see you Monday." I move back into my house and she smiles waving at me and I do the same before closing the door. "I kissed her cheek." I covered my mouth as my smile stuck against my face, "Oh I did it." I whisper again doing a little happy dance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 5.4K 36
《UNDER A MAJOR EDITING》 Sophia Miami lives loving herself as a bisexual, but never found herself in relationship. She forgotten everything about he...
414K 18.9K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
406K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
554 10 37
C~She has pulled all of us from the darkness that was consuming us. She took us all away from the pain and horrors we had. And now, she is all alone...