The Golden Girl ↠ Finn Shelby

By ShikShin_ss

"This is all the Peaky Blinders' fault. Your fault, Finn. Damn you." Beatrice Gold, the youngest child of Abe... More

Characters
Playlist
PROLOGE ↠ running away
CHAPTER 1 ↠ arriving in small heath
CHAPTER 2 ↠ meeting alfie solomons
CHAPTER 3 ↠ crying in artillery square
CHAPTER 4 ↠ meeting michael gray
CHAPTER 5 ↠ painting finn shelby
CHAPTER 6 ↠ finn shelby's birthday
CHAPTER 7 ↠ playing games & telling misfortunes
CHAPTER 8 ↠ too purehearted
CHAPTER 9 ↠ apologies & horse riding
CHAPTER 10 ↠ bonnie vs. goliath
CHAPTER 11 ↠ to dying together
CHAPTER 12 ↠ proving bonnie wrong
CHAPTER 13 ↠ helping the shelbys
CHAPTER 14 ↠ a joy to be around
CHAPTER 15 ↠ a dinner party
CHAPTER 16 ↠ a gift for finn
CHAPTER 17 ↠ aiming and shooting at hearts
CHAPTER 18 ↠ returning to london
CHAPTER 19 ↠ working together
CHAPTER 20 ↠ going for drinks
CHAPTER 21 ↠ love in artillery square
CHAPTER 22 ↠ painting a beach
CHAPTER 23 ↠ an agreement with tommy
CHAPTER 24 ↠ telling the bad news
CHAPTER 25 ↠ boat trip & a familiar face
CHAPTER 26 ↠ understanding
CHAPTER 27 ↠ freedom
CHAPTER 28 ↠ a dinner
CHAPTER 29 ↠ days of fun & foundation
CHAPTER 30 ↠ dancing
CHAPTER 31 ↠ a cigarette and a bee
CHAPTER 32 ↠ a lie to leave early
CHAPTER 33 ↠ staying and going
CHAPTER 34 ↠ letters home
CHAPTER 35 ↠ reconciliation and second-guessing
CHAPTER 36 ↠ final decision
CHAPTER 37 ↠ going home
CHAPTER 38 ↠ bea and bonnie
CHAPTER 40 ↠ stolen goods
CHAPTER 41 ↠ underwater
CHAPTER 42 ↠ a permanent job & drunk talks
CHAPTER 43 ↠ payday
CHAPTER 44 ↠ displeased bonnie
chapter 45 ↠ unwelcome knowledge
CHAPTER 46 ↠ trip to london
CHAPTER 47 ↠ a birthday before christmas
CHAPTER 48 ↠ hard work pays off two extra shillings
CHAPTER 49 ↠ years fly by
CHAPTER 50 ↠ purpose
CHAPTER 51 ↠ wall street crash
CHAPTER 52 ↠ a reprimand
CHAPTER 53 ↠ darkness
CHAPTER 54 ↠ emptiness
CHAPTER 55 ↠ numbness first
CHAPTER 56 ↠ anger after
CHAPTER 57 ↠ feeling helpless
CHAPTER 58 ↠ fracture
CHAPTER 59 ↠ the painting
CHAPTER 60 ↠ a new start
CHAPTER 61 ↠ playing piano for him
CHAPTER 62 ↠ words meant to be said
CHAPTER 63 ↠ enjoying the party
CHAPTER 64 ↠ the girl finn was trying to impress
CHAPTER 65 ↠ exchanged letters
CHAPTER 66 ↠ a place of power
CHAPTER 67 ↠ confession to a priest and someone else
CHAPTER 68 ↠ offer to help
CHAPTER 69 ↠ a haunted spy
CHAPTER 70 ↠ family meeting
CHAPTER 71 ↠ snow vs. bee
CHAPTER 72 ↠ broken agreement
CHAPTER 73 ↠ jesus goes to church
CHAPTER 74 ↠ midnight meet up
CHAPTER 75 ↠ traitor
CHAPTER 76 ↠ the beginning
CHAPTER 77 ↠ a long stay
CHAPTER 78 ↠ struggle to leave
chapter 79 ↠ a letter from new york
chapter 80 ↠ a short getaway

CHAPTER 39 ↠ the lake

2K 72 10
By ShikShin_ss

Bea found a lake not far from camp, so next morning she went for a swim, since the summer was only coming to an end, and it was peaceful around there.

She had taken her sketch book in hopes to capture the essence of the woods surrounding the lake and then replicate it in a painting. After sketching a bit, she took off her clothes and the pearl necklace, put them near a tree with her sketch book and slowly entered the lake.

The water was cold, so she slowly stepped forward, going deeper and deeper. When she lost her footing, she raised her legs up and started swimming. After a bit, and getting used to the cold water, she submerged her head in. After that she no longer thought of the water as cold, and she did it again and again.

Bea liked to be under the water. There was no sound, only her movements on the water. It was even more peaceful than the empty woods. She tried to hold her breath as long as possible. Not counting how long, Bea stayed with her head under until she desperately had to take a breath, so then she kicked her feet off the bottom of the lake and broke through the surface.

"...this is the perfect place," Bea hears when she gets that first deep breath of air in.

She instantly panicked. Bonnie and Aberama were away. She thought the woods were completely empty there. God knows what sort of people were around there and what they'd think of doing to a naked girl.

"Since when do you even fish?" a second voice wonders.

"Since now," the first person says, getting closer to the lake.

"Do you know how to fish?" the second voice wonders again.

"I do!" the person argues before finally appearing behind the trees and bushes. "And look, Isaiah, this lake does have something good to fish," Finn says with a smirk as he spots Bea's head in the middle of the lake. "Told you it was a good place."

Bea relaxed almost completely. If it were Finn and Isaiah, she'd be fine. However, she stayed away, since she was naked and wouldn't want Isaiah to see that by getting closer to the edge of the lake, where there was less water and it was more transparent.

"Come Finn. Let's go somewhere else!" Isaiah says, knowing it wasn't right to be there when Bea was like that.

Finn didn't move. He stayed where he was, feet firm on the ground, as if challenging Bea. As if saying, I'm not moving until after you move.

"I came here to fish," Finn then affirms with a small smile. "That is what I'll do. I will... take something from the lake."

"Finn, don't be a fool. It's Bea... She's Aberama Gold's daughter," Isaiah argues.

"I'm well aware of who she is," Finn affirms relaxed.

"So you want Aberama to kill you or something?"

"Bea, here, is our friend. She wouldn't let it happen."

"Oh, I would," Bea speaks for the first time. "And I'd help Aberama skin you alive."

Finn just found it amusing and remained with his eyes on her, longing for what she was hiding under the water.

"Come on, Finn. Let's leave her alone," Isaiah says as he starts walking away, but then, when Finn remains unmoving, Isaiah stops and looks back at Finn, waiting for him to finally follow him away from the lake.

"You're really not leaving, Finn?" Bea asks.

"Well, Bumble, I was really looking forward to fishing."

"Fish elsewhere."

"I like this lake. Even more so now, that I see such a wonder in it."

"Finn..." Bea warns. "Do you really want to take this fish out of the lake, for everyone to see it?" she swims a bit forward, hinting that she might just swim out and let Isaiah see her naked.

When she gets closer and can finally put her feet on the ground she rises slightly from the water, letting her shoulders and collar bone be out and seen.

"See you around," Finn finally surrenders, still with a cocky grin on his face.

"I'm sorry about this," Isaiah apologizes as Finn reaches him and they both walk away. 

Waiting a bit to make sure they were distant from the lake, Bea finally got out and dried herself on a towel before putting on her dress again. That was when she realized that Finn, sly and stealthy as a fox, had really taken something from the lake, or more specifically, from the edge of it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 9.5K 42
"She is kind, heart made of honey. He is reserved, the opposite of sunny. No one would ever think they would be together. But they are the moon and...
464K 16.4K 43
𝐞𝐠𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 | ❝ in a fight they're malicious, around each other, they melt.❞ ━━━ in which evelyn shelby falls for...
21.2K 869 28
ᴛʜᴏᴍᴀs sʜᴇʟʙʏ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ 《ONGOING/EDITING EARLIER CHAPTERS》 ┌──❀̥˚──◌─────────❀̥˚─┐ When resident doctor Y/n Lee unexpectedly time-traveled from the pr...
107K 2.4K 31
Small Heath, Birmingham. It's a rough place so one has to fight to survive or link to the right people. The Peaky Blinders. They're like royalty. De...