The Alpha and the Rookie

By PlanetGinger

Mackenna used to be just an ordinary girl until, very recently, she became a werewolf. Being a werewolf isn't... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 9

1.5K 28 3
By PlanetGinger

So I finally uploaded...took me a while because I was never using good words...always wanted to change them because they were just so blah. The biggest challenge for me was not using I, I, I, I, all the time haha. Hope you guys enjoy! And please COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!! :)

_____________________

To my surprise, I couldn’t pull away much from Aidan because he held me close and very protectively. Now my head was resting against Aidan’s chest and staring at two figures standing a few feet away in the woods, laughing and whistling until a low growl came out of Aidan’s chest. Then the whistling and laughter seized.

“Sorry alpha. We just were having some fun.” Michael informed us. “Yeah, man. Take it easy.” Malcolm reassured. A little fear obviously crossed their expressions. Sure, they pick on me all the time, but the alpha is a different story.

“So, that gives you guys the right to be complete idiots?” Aidan countered. Both of their faces fell and so did there eyes until they met the floor. “Sorry alpha.” They said simultaneously.

I had to admit, this was getting a bit uncomfortable. Aidan was still holding me tightly against his chest while scolding the two boys. At the same time, I also felt pretty powerful.

Something crossed into my mind at this moment that never crossed into my mind before. I’ve never heard of the alpha wolf falling for one of his pack. No matter how far the centuries go down, I’ve never heard of it.

“Alpha, I do have on question though.” Michael spoke up. Aidan raised an eyebrow. “Isn’t falling in love with one from your pack…forbidden?” Michael answered the question swarming around in my head. It’s as if he could read my mind.

Aidan’s grasp on me loosened a bit, but he still didn’t let me go. “Yes, I am well aware of that boys, now go do what ever it is you were going to do before you came and disturb us. And who said I was falling in love with Mackenna?” Aidan threw back. They both shrugged. “We were just asking what we felt from you, alpha.” They said, then ran off in the other direction.

Aidan cursed under his breath and looked down at me. Then, he slowly released me. “I- I’m sorry Mackenna. I really am. But I have to go.” He whispered. He began to turn around, but before he could let complete go of my hand I stopped him. “Wait!” I yelled. Aidan sighed and turned around gradually. I looked straight into his bright, naïve eyes. “Kiss me one more time.” I whispered.

It looked like Aidan just got stabbed through the heart. He inhaled sharply but turned and crushed my mouth again with his. His lips traveled down my throat and down my neckline, then back up to my ear. “I have to go.” He whispered then lightly pecked my ear. I thought my heart was going to jump out of my body. It was beating so fast and making my face so red, that I don’t think I could take any more.

“Okay.” I whispered back. He backed up, still holding my hands. He lightly lifted one up to his lips then let go. “Thank you.” I mouthed, and then he was gone. Eaten up by the forest and I was alone. Alone like I always was. Alone like I will always be. Alone…alone…alone…that word kept replaying in the back of my mind. Over and over again.

I didn’t realize how I felt about Aidan at first, but after the restaurant, the thugs, the football game…I finally realized I loved him. He intrigued me in ways I never have been before. I knew whenever I was with him, I’d be protected.

But now that would never happen. What we had was forbidden love and I hated it. Right now, the only thing I wanted to do was run after him. Have him by my side again. Have him kiss me again. Thrill me. Get my heart beating fast. Make me love him. We haven’t even been together for that long, but I already missed him that much. I loved him…loved him…love…But I could never be.

This sounds just silly. Did that even really just happen? In a matter of minutes I found my true love and found out I could never be with him? I’ve never usually had a thing for people superior over me. For example Johnny. I could take on Johnny anytime without him doing anything to me. With Aidan, he’d always win. He’d always have first say for everything. I’d have nothing.

What about all of the guys I’ve liked because of they’re sense of humor? Aidan is probably one of the most serious and intense people I know. So how would that work out? Aidan just makes me feel…different then I’ve ever felt with someone else. Sure, I’ve had lots of little crush’s in the past, but this was much, much different. This was love. That was the bottom line. I don’t know how else to describe it.

I finally decided I better start getting a move on. Getting to my next class, something, instead of just standing here staring into oblivion. Staring after where Aidan was standing not seconds ago. Or…was it seconds ago? How long has it been?

My feet started making their way back towards the school before my brain really processed it. Right when I entered through the doors the bell rang and first period was getting let out. Pretty soon the hallways filled with students gossiping, talking, yelling, and hitting each other. Fighting the crowd of people rushing through the hallways, I made my way toward my locker to grab my books. Since I didn’t really get a chance to take my books to my class yet, I decided this was my opportunity, even though I liked to socialize during my break. The more I thought about it, the more I’m pretty sure I didn’t really want to talk to any one. After all of that, I really needed space from people. The only thing was, one person popped into my mind that I actually didn’t want to talk to, but needed to talk to. That person was Christina. I needed to make things right with her.

I started making my way to my second period class, figuring we only had about three minutes left, but something caught my eye. Two people, one specifically being my best friend, standing by some lockers. That wasn’t really that special though, the thing that caught my attention was that the two people were pushed against each other, lip locked.

The boy didn’t seem familiar. I can’t say that I knew him, but I sure as hell knew Christina. Looks like I’m not the only one with secrets around here. Eventually, I realized that I had stopped moving. When Christina and that guy separated slightly and seemed to start having a light conversation, my eyes found the ground and I made my feet move to my next period.

***

“Wow, are you even getting dizzy yet?” Christina asked as my eyes followed the ceiling fan round and round. I shrugged. Not only were my eyes spinning, but so was my head with many questions for Christina.

The sky outside was dark, but the moon was bright. Shining down right through my bedroom window. It was a nice cool night outside, so I kept the window open tonight. Sometimes it’s just relaxing.

I slowly got off of my bed, stumbling a bit, and walked over to the window. Examining the outside world was sometimes fun, especially when you’re confused. I wonder who that guy was…?

My thought got interrupted by a pillow contacting my back with suck force that I almost fell over. I whipped around and saw Christina shaking her head. “What?” I asked, still pretty disgusted. “What is your problem?” She demanded. I shrugged again. She rolled her eyes and started setting the volleyball again, being very careful not to break anything in my room.

“I just…I can’t really explain.” And I don’t think I want to either. She just ignored me and moved on. “Hey, you never did tell me why you had to ditch first period.” See, I knew Christina would forget about earlier today. But know the problem was, I needed forget about today. I think my reason is a bit bigger than Christina’s for being mad at me. Keeping that she was either going out with someone or she just decided to neck with them in the hallway. (which I find a bit disturbing.)

From behind me I felt something hit my shoulder. Which was really odd because the only thing that was behind me was the…window… My eyes got big when another thing hit me. It almost felt like a rock. “Psst!” I heard from the window. If Christina wasn’t right here I swear I would have ran out of my room screaming, even though it was about midnight. I jumped a foot and about had a heart attack.

“Christina.” I whispered. She caught the ball in mid air. “What?” She asked, sensing my suddenly hyped and serious vibe. My eyes slowly turned toward the window and Christina’s did the same. I looked down upon my overgrown lawn and right in the middle was Aidan. I sighed and my hand flew to my heart. “Aidan! You almost gave me a heart attack!” I whispered rather loudly down to Aidan who was looking up at the window with wide eyes. “I’m sorry my lady.” He bowed so low that he could probably touch his tongue to the dirt.

By this time, Christina took a spot by me at the window. She nudged me a little and I looked at her, expecting to get some look of either complete disgust or complete annoyance. Not this time though, she looked…happy for me. She raised her eyebrows and nudged me again and I couldn’t help but giggle. By instinct, my eyes flickered towards the door to see if my mom was coming, but then realized I was being silly. My mom was fast asleep.

“Aidan, what are you doing?” I asked, my face slightly blushing. He cleared his throat a few times then recited his obviously well thought out poem. “Juliet, Juliet…come with me tonight. I’ll sail you away from the winter’s fight. Warm you up, hold you close. Just one night Juliet, and I’ll promise to not boast. Juliet, Juliet, so beautiful and poise. You’ll be my girl, and I’ll be you’re boy. I’m begging Juliet, follow me with ease, all I want is one night oh please, please, please.” He finished and took a deep breath.

I was absolutely speechless. What was I supposed to say? I knew going with him would be disaster in the making, but this may be my last chance with him. If loving a werewolf was so forbidden, then one outing wouldn’t be so bad, right? Then we’re not technically falling in love. We’re just…out on a date.

Frustration filled my mind. Why’d someone have to make up that stupid law! It was absolutely unfair! “I- uhhh…” I stuttered and turned to Christina for help. She was staring at me, her mouth dropped wide open. “Uhh…would you just like…chill for a second? Thanks.” Christina blurted out and ran to my bed. Not really knowing fully what was happening, I followed Christina, flashing an apologetic look to Aidan.

“What do I say?” I whispered, panicked. “Yes!” “Yes!? What do you mean, ‘yes’?” She rolled her eyes. “You want to go, don’t you?” She whispered, her hands on her hips. This caught me a little off guard. “Well…I mean, yeah,, but-” “But nothing! I’ll cover for you if your mom comes in. It’s not like you’ll be gone for long. And if you are, I’ll just say you had one of those ‘family emergencies’ or whatever.” She spilled.

I wasn’t sure about this but the little voice inside my head was saying to just go for it. I’ve never done anything too reckless in my life…well besides kicking this douche bag Cody Locklear in the balls in the fifth grade…I got taken to the principals office and got a two day suspension. My mom wasn’t too thrilled about that.

Christina interrupted my train of thought. “Hello?!” I shook my head slowly. “No, I can’t do it. It’s a disaster zone!” I shot back. Christina rolled her eyes, then headed for my closet, throwing me a top, a pair of sweatpants, and a blanket.

I examined the items in my hands. “What’s all this for?” I asked, still trying to keep my voice down because I know Aidan was still standing outside my window. “You’re not expecting him to just pick you up at midnight to go skating or to go out to eat, do you? He wants to have a romantic evening with you! Gosh! And I thought you were the smart one!” She ran over to my drawers, grabbed my cell phone out and threw it to me. “Here, text me and update me on what’s happening.” She exhaled deeply like she just got done unloading lots of wood from a truck.

“Seems like you know a lot about this stuff.” I hinted. Christina’s breathing stopped for a second, then continued. “Oh, well…I watch lots of movies…read lots of books…you know.” She shrugged my question off and pushed me towards the window. “Wait, give me that stuff, I’ll put it in a bag for you.” She shoved me so close to the window that I almost fell out of it onto an awaiting Aidan. “Uhh…” I looked back into my room and saw Christina rummaging around for, I’m guessing, a bag of some sort. “So, are you coming or not?” Aidan asked again. I looked back down at his gorgeous face singing in the moonlight. I took a deep breath and answered him. “Yes, I’m coming with you tonight.”

_________________________

I've been having this chapter stuck in my head for like ever! I've just wanted to get it out! I should have lots more time to write now because I'm sick :( So I guess that's a good thing and a bad thing...Hope you're excited for the next chapter!! Oh! And look! I just figured out how to make a penguin!   <(") haha I thought that was pretty cool lol

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 4.1K 35
June Hazard grew up around bucking bulls her whole life. Her dating life is a lot less complicated than training and caring for over twenty of these...
95.3K 1.5K 23
Meah has a tragic past. Will the magcon boys save her before it's to late? If they do will she survive? Join Meah in the road of ups and downs. [COMP...
25.5K 1.3K 44
**Book 2 in the Coda Paxton Series** From the very moment I met Oakley Meisner, I knew my life was going to change, big time. As if my world wasn't m...
2.2K 53 19
This is Ian O'Shea's point of view after discovering Wanda wants to return Melanie's body. Some of the events are from the book, others came from my...