The Mallapers Are Rising: A R...

By CamillaBarceilla

Part Two to The Mallapers Series Leyla is considered a traitor to the Royal Family. She had betrayed the most... More

The Mallapers Are Rising
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Psst... Announcement One
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Forteen
Psst... Announcement Part Two
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Psst... Announcement Part Three
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Pss...Announcement Part Three
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Psst... Announcement Four
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Psst...Announcement Part Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Psst... Announcement Part Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Psst...Announcement Part Six
Books

Chapter Twenty

1.2K 75 15
By CamillaBarceilla

Leyla's Point Of View

Everything ached, my body was sore, the pain simmered across my skin. I was worn and fatigued from the endless training. I had spent the last week running for miles on end, until I felt my lungs burn and my stomach churned. I ran until my legs turned to jelly and my arms let of little jolts making my movements uneasy. My bones had cracked, my muscles had ripped. The last week was filled with physical and endurance that was unfathomable. 

My skin which was once soft was now worn and calloused. My muscles which were weak were now built to endure. My human side had started to feel stronger, the power that my body was once rejecting and causing me to feel nothing but exhaustion was now humming with a newfound energy. The power was addictive and the more I tasted it, the longer it lingered on my tongue, the more I craved it. 

I had been at the Mallaper's base for over a week and although I had trained with Nona and with the King before. It was nothing compared to what to the vigorous training that Rita and Carson had offered. My body was now littered in scars and defined in hardened muscle. My body which was once soft with feminine curves were now enhanced with the strength and muscles of a warrior. 

The drills that they made me run were all about endurance and strength. I knew they were both sceptical about my ability to endure and survive their training. But I had surpassed their expectations. Rita was a hard and disciplined woman but I still feel that she was nurturing me, I could feel my wolf bond with her as we spent more time together. I felt relaxed in her presence, despite her mysterious persona. 

Carson was another story. He was distant and cold. I could feel that he harboured some ill-feelings towards me but he still pushed me harder than anyone I had met before. At times he was cruel with the taunts that he would throw, however all it would do was motivate me further. I wanted to prove him wrong. I was determined to not only survive his training but surpass his expectations. 

The one thing I had gathered through my observations of the duo was that they were both hardened by something. Although they were loving and caring towards their pack members, the smiles they gave didn't quite reach their eyes. I remember Nona always telling me that the eyes were windows to the soul. Their eyes showed me pain and an emptiness. 

I was running my usual route after a dark a gruelling workout that involved weight-lifting and building my muscle mass. There was a light drizzle that cooled my skin and cooled me down. The burning in my lungs wasn't at bad, I was now running double that what I did when I first started training. 

"Run faster. Push harder." Carson yelled at me. I could feel the vibration of his feet, I could hear his laboured breath as he started to catch up with me. He didn't tolerate laziness. All he did was push me harder and faster. 

"Yes Beta." I responded through my controlled breaths. Last time I didn't respond he clipped me round the back of the head. I swear it gave me whiplash. My feet continued to pound through the grounds. I picked up my speed, lifting my legs higher, moving my feet faster. 

You can do this Leyla! We are so close to beating his snarky arse. You can do this! Amira screamed in the back of my mind. 

My movements were too quick for the Beta to catch up with me. I knew that I was nearly there. I was reaching my destination and after a long hard week of non-stop training I was going to succeed in beating the Beta that had made my training insufferable. I could see the clearing, I could taste the victory. Amira's humming in the back of my mind only encouraged me further. 

I am strong. 

I am powerful. 

I am independent. 

I am determined. 

I am a warrior. 

I am the Goddess' warrior. 

I chanted over and over in my mind. My warms swing backwards and forwards. My body picked up momentum. I felt power beyond my imagination. The energy hummed through my body. I was nearly there. It was then that I felt my body come to a halt. 

You done it! Amira shouted with glee. 

I exhaled with relief. Waiting for Carson to catch up with me I hunched over, my hands on my knees. A mixture of sweat and rain coated my skin, my arms were glistening like morning dew. Although I was exhausted, I was satisfied. I could hear the pounding of his steps get closer and I knew that I didn't just beat him by a couple of seconds. I had annihilated  him by mere minutes. 

"Well looks like you finally beat me." Carson said nonchalantly. I didn't even look at him, I thought he would have been happy I succeeded in my training but all I could sense was his irritation. 

"Yes I did. I thought you would be happy. I mean I thought that was what the idea of you training me was about. You know, being successful and all." I huffed out trying to catch my breath. He didn't say anything all he did was groan. 

I was waiting for his retort or snappy comment but he said nothing. All that could be heard was the whisper of the wind.Although he didn't speak and I couldn't see his face. His back was tensed, his shoulders were almost at his ears. I couldn't understand the man in front of me. 

"Carson." I huffed. "What is your problem with me?" I bravely asked. 

"Nothing." He snapped. I could hear the faint growl in his voice. 

"Carson, I can tell you don't like me. I just can't understand why. I have never met you before and I have tried nothing but to be pleasant towards you." I said as I straightened my back upwards. 

"You have no idea what you are talking about." He turned to me, his wolf was present. I could see him fighting for dominance as his once light eyes were now dark, his nostrils was flaring and I could clearly see the scowl on his face. 

"Well why don't you explain it to me. It looks like I'm going to be here a while. I won't stay if I am making you uncomfortable or are planning my downfall. I've already done this in one pack, I won't do it in another." I exclaimed. 

His chest started to become laboured and I could see that he was losing whatever control he had. His fingers were extending and claws were replacing them. I know I should feel intimidated or threatened but that just diminished at the disrespect that he was showing me. I could feel Amira growling at his disrespect. The power she was radiating was no longer something I cowered away from or felt sick about. I allowed it resonate through my body. 

It's then that Carson charged at me with speed and agility. His movements were swift as the wind as he ran in my direction. All I could do was breath deeply as he got closer. His claws extended and his momentum pushed forward when I pushed my body to the side. I missed his claws by millimetres as he stumbled to the ground. 

All that could be heard was his nails digging into the earth below. I felt Amira grow angry at the threat that laid in front of us. A battle-cry escaped with his lips as he twisted his body around, his nails that were shovelled into the ground working as a pivot. He was crouched and I could feel his eagerness to pounce. His breathing was ragged as he looked at me in contempt. 

"Carson, you should stand down now." I warned. 

He chuckled darkly, his eyes kept flickering but the darkness in his iris were prominent. I knew his wolf was in control and I understood he wasn't going to back down. He was directly challenging me. 

Let me out. Let me deal with the fool that dares threaten my human. Amira growled. 

Remember the blood oath we took Amira. We can't cause him harm! I warned. 

I won't kill him, but if he doesn't stop or back down, I can still maim him. Amira replied. 

"You have no idea what your doing to me." Carson screeched. I could hear the anguish laced in voice. It was filled with pain and for some unknown reason I had caused this. 

"Carson I don't want to hurt you. But we will if you don't step down now!" I shouted. I hoped someone would be alerted to what was going on. I didn't want be responsible for causing harm or killing the Mallaper's Beta. 

He jumped from his position, preparing to pounce, his feet were spread apart, his knees bent and ready to corner his prey. It was then that I pushed myself back and allowed Leyla to have the control she desperately sought. 

I knew our eyes didn't change when she took control for the bond that we shared was too fine and too close, it caused us to be one. All I could feel was Amira emit a powerful aura. She directly her newfound confidence, control and domination in the direction at the reckless Beta in front of her. I hoped it was enough for him to back down but some things were beyond Amira's control. We couldn't trust or rely on our power to affect other's decisions. We were beyond responsible for the actions of others. Everyone had free-will and it wasn't something we could change. 

I could see Carson struggle at ignoring Amira's presence, his head continuously shifting from challenging by looking at us in the eye or pushing his neck out for submission. Amira was weary, she was concerned that his attempts of submission was just a trick. It's then that he lifted his head and swiftly charged for a second time. 

As he approached, Amira grabbed him by the neck. She lifted him in the air and his feet dangled as she held him above her head. I could feel her rage as she stared into the eyes of the Beta in front of her. 

"YOU WILL BACK DOWN NOW. YOU WILL NOT CHALLENGE ME AGIAN. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" I commanded. 

The Beta lifted his hands to his throat, he tried to pry my hands from my tightening grip. His attempts were futile as I demanded his submission. 

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND BETA CARSON?" I shouted. 

 His head hung and the faintest whisper of his croaked voice could be head. "Yes Leyla."I released my grip causing him to drop to the ground.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?" Rita shouted from the tree's surrounding the clearing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1M 255K 54
Highest Rank: #3 in werewolf THE LAST 15 CHAPTERS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN FEB. 1, 2019 DUE TO THIS BOOK BEING PUBLISHED IN MARCH. He looks over everyone...
307K 9.3K 46
#1 in Werewolf on 4/2/21. This book is about a girl named Alessia who went to college meeting her best friend Jessica and fell in love with her boyfr...
1.3M 914 1
*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, Elizabeth's blossoming relationship seems...
74.7K 3K 30
"I found myself wanting to be around this girl until I can no longer stand being without her." _ After Elaria's parents died and left her with her s...