The Golden Girl ↠ Finn Shelby

By ShikShin_ss

"This is all the Peaky Blinders' fault. Your fault, Finn. Damn you." Beatrice Gold, the youngest child of Abe... More

Characters
Playlist
PROLOGE ↠ running away
CHAPTER 1 ↠ arriving in small heath
CHAPTER 2 ↠ meeting alfie solomons
CHAPTER 3 ↠ crying in artillery square
CHAPTER 4 ↠ meeting michael gray
CHAPTER 5 ↠ painting finn shelby
CHAPTER 6 ↠ finn shelby's birthday
CHAPTER 7 ↠ playing games & telling misfortunes
CHAPTER 8 ↠ too purehearted
CHAPTER 9 ↠ apologies & horse riding
CHAPTER 10 ↠ bonnie vs. goliath
CHAPTER 11 ↠ to dying together
CHAPTER 12 ↠ proving bonnie wrong
CHAPTER 13 ↠ helping the shelbys
CHAPTER 14 ↠ a joy to be around
CHAPTER 15 ↠ a dinner party
CHAPTER 16 ↠ a gift for finn
CHAPTER 17 ↠ aiming and shooting at hearts
CHAPTER 18 ↠ returning to london
CHAPTER 19 ↠ working together
CHAPTER 20 ↠ going for drinks
CHAPTER 21 ↠ love in artillery square
CHAPTER 22 ↠ painting a beach
CHAPTER 23 ↠ an agreement with tommy
CHAPTER 24 ↠ telling the bad news
CHAPTER 25 ↠ boat trip & a familiar face
CHAPTER 26 ↠ understanding
CHAPTER 27 ↠ freedom
CHAPTER 28 ↠ a dinner
CHAPTER 29 ↠ days of fun & foundation
CHAPTER 30 ↠ dancing
CHAPTER 31 ↠ a cigarette and a bee
CHAPTER 32 ↠ a lie to leave early
CHAPTER 33 ↠ staying and going
CHAPTER 34 ↠ letters home
CHAPTER 35 ↠ reconciliation and second-guessing
CHAPTER 36 ↠ final decision
CHAPTER 38 ↠ bea and bonnie
CHAPTER 39 ↠ the lake
CHAPTER 40 ↠ stolen goods
CHAPTER 41 ↠ underwater
CHAPTER 42 ↠ a permanent job & drunk talks
CHAPTER 43 ↠ payday
CHAPTER 44 ↠ displeased bonnie
chapter 45 ↠ unwelcome knowledge
CHAPTER 46 ↠ trip to london
CHAPTER 47 ↠ a birthday before christmas
CHAPTER 48 ↠ hard work pays off two extra shillings
CHAPTER 49 ↠ years fly by
CHAPTER 50 ↠ purpose
CHAPTER 51 ↠ wall street crash
CHAPTER 52 ↠ a reprimand
CHAPTER 53 ↠ darkness
CHAPTER 54 ↠ emptiness
CHAPTER 55 ↠ numbness first
CHAPTER 56 ↠ anger after
CHAPTER 57 ↠ feeling helpless
CHAPTER 58 ↠ fracture
CHAPTER 59 ↠ the painting
CHAPTER 60 ↠ a new start
CHAPTER 61 ↠ playing piano for him
CHAPTER 62 ↠ words meant to be said
CHAPTER 63 ↠ enjoying the party
CHAPTER 64 ↠ the girl finn was trying to impress
CHAPTER 65 ↠ exchanged letters
CHAPTER 66 ↠ a place of power
CHAPTER 67 ↠ confession to a priest and someone else
CHAPTER 68 ↠ offer to help
CHAPTER 69 ↠ a haunted spy
CHAPTER 70 ↠ family meeting
CHAPTER 71 ↠ snow vs. bee
CHAPTER 72 ↠ broken agreement
CHAPTER 73 ↠ jesus goes to church
CHAPTER 74 ↠ midnight meet up
CHAPTER 75 ↠ traitor
CHAPTER 76 ↠ the beginning
CHAPTER 77 ↠ a long stay
CHAPTER 78 ↠ struggle to leave
chapter 79 ↠ a letter from new york
chapter 80 ↠ a short getaway

CHAPTER 37 ↠ going home

2.2K 81 9
By ShikShin_ss

Before Bea got to the boat, she saw Jack and Alexander, both who insisted on then taking her to the docks and staying with her until she boarded.

"You're leaving us too soon," Alexander says.

"You won't even miss, I promise," Bea says with a small smile.

"If you wait a few more month, I can go with you," Jack insists again. "I'm going back to London before the end of the year. That way you wouldn't have to go on the trip alone."

"I'll be fine on my own. Besides, now I know about the third-class parties."

"When I'll get to London I'll write to you in Birmingham, so we can meet."

"All right, you do that and I'll go on a trip to London. I need to see my sisters again anyway."

"And I'll write you," Alexander interjected. "You'll write me back, won't you?"

"If I don't it's because the letters got lost at sea," Bea says with a cunning smile.

"Come back one day," Alexander insists kindly. "You'll always have a place to stay here, in New York, or wherever I am."

"Thank you, Alexander. Perhaps one day I'll be back."

"Have a safe trip, Bea," Jack wishes.

"Not really up to me, is it, Jack Bradley?"

Bea hugged both of them and then went on to the cue to get on the ship.

The trip was more boring than the one on her way to New York, since she didn't have Jack to keep her company during the day. But at least, at night, she was always welcomed at the thrid-class party.

And it was also a different feeling. Going to New York she had no idea what to expect, how Michael would be, how the people would be, the streets, the crowds, everything was unknown to her. But now she knew where she was going, who she was seeing, how the people were. Even if unsure about how Finn would be to her after four months apart, she'd have her brother, and Aberama, and Polly and even Tommy Shelby.

She was now more excited than nervous, which helped with the sea sickness she had most days on the ship. As the trip came to an end, she went on the deck to see the England coast approaching in the horizon.

Bea got out of the ship in Liverpool and got on the train to Birmingham.

On the train ride, from Liverpool to Birmingham, Bea could feel more and more close to home. She felt more relieved as the train went on, and more excited and cheerful.

Bea wasn't sure who was going to meet her in the train station, but she got out of the train, carrying her four bags with difficulty despite trying to make it easier, and broke through the crowd. When she finally got away from the crowd she was able to see Bonnie.

He jogged to her with a smile and hugged her as soon as she put the bags down.

"My sister!" he says with excitement as he holds her close.

"I missed you, too, Bonnie!" Bea says with a big smile as she hugs him, tilting her head back and her chin on his shoulder.

Then taking a step back, Bonnie holds her at arms length.

"You look so beautiful."

"I'm just as beautiful as I left," Bea dismisses.

"No, you get prettier every day."

Bonnie reaches down and takes two of her bags.

"This is way more that you left with."

"I know... Tommy did say I could buy anything I needed."

"Needed. You don't need all of this."

"You don't even know what's in there!" Bea argues amused.

"All right, let's go, onto the car."

Bea picks up her other two bags and walks with Bonnie.

"I was a bit concerned when I had your letter. Then Mr. Shelby told me he was going to tell you to come back if you wanted and I was more relieved."

"I think you were right about Michael. We did solve the argument that I wrote to you about. We forgave and forgot. But, before I left, Michael... Let's just say he wasn't happy about it."

"Did he hurt you?"

"No, Bonnie. He was just even more unpleasant than the last time. Come, I'll tell you all on the way."

On the car, Bea started to talk about the trip from the beginning, so it took her the entire journey to get to the first argument with Michael. When Bonnie stopped the car Bea stayed quiet about it.

"I'll tell you the rest later," she says as she opens the door and gets out of the car.

Bonnie had taken her to Small Heath, just near the Betting Shop and the Shelby Home.

"Oi! Are you staying with them or coming to camp with me? I need to know, because if you stay, I'll leave your bags in there now," Bonnie shouts as she walks to the Betting shop.

"I'm going with you, just hold on."

Bea walked into the Betting Shop and looked around. It was full of men, but no sight of Polly. Then she walked farther into the shop, near the offices. There, she saw Isaiah.

"Isaiah!" Bea calls with a smile.

He turns to look at her and smiles when realizes it was her who called for him.

"You're back?" he asks opening her arms.

Bea gets to him and hugs him.

"We have to go out tonight," Isaiah affirms without letting her respond to his obvious question.

"Only if Bonnie goes as well. I'm going with him to camp."

"No, stay with us. Stay with Polly," Isaiah insists as he steps back.

"I can't. I have to spend a bit of time with my family before I stay with Polly once more."

"All right, but as soon as you come back to stay with Polly we'll have to go out."

"That is obvious. Is Finn here?"

"Yeah, he's in his office."

"I'm going to say a quick 'hi', then. And Polly? She's not in today?" Bea asks, half curious, half to not seem like she was there to only see Finn.

"Not today, no."

"I'll tell Finn to tell her that I'm back."

"All right. I got to go do some work, but it was really nice seeing you back, Bea."

"Nice to be back," she says with a smile before Isaiah starts getting back into the men trying to place bets.

Bea knocked twice on the closed door and waited for Finn to tell the person knocking to walk in.

"Yes!" he shouts.

Bea slowly opens the door and pokes her head in. Finn was looking down at some papers and didn't see her.

"Mr. Shelby, need help reading anything?"

Finn's head shot up, with shock.

"Bumble!" he calls out with excitement as he stands up.

Bea smiles widely, walks in and shuts the door behind her. She then walks to Finn and he hugs her tightly, breathing in her scent. He kisses her head a few times before stepping back, with his hands around her waist, and take a good look at her.

Finn was looking at her eyes, as if they were the most beautiful pearls he'd ever seen, and then he kissed her, moving one of his hands from her waist to the back of her head.

When Finn broke the kiss, they were both breathless. And Bea was relieved, because, even though she hadn't sent him letters like she'd promised, and four months without seeing each other, Finn was still interested in her.

"Why didn't you let me know you were coming back?"

"Well... I did ask Tommy if I could return. And since you can't read, I figured you'd either find out through Tommy or not at all."

"Are you staying for good?"

"I suppose so."

Finn hugs her again.

"I missed you."

Bea rubs his back before stepping back again and taking something out of her pockets.

Finn took a look at the painting of a bumblebee.

"You got it."

"I did... And it finally made me understand of that nickname you have for me."

"I thought it was obvious," Finn says confused.

"Yeah, well... sometimes the obvious is the harder thing to see. Anyway, it was the sweetest gesture. I got the flowers at night. The hotel said the flower shop had directions to send the flowers as soon as they got the order."

"I wanted you to get them as soon as possible."

"It was... the best thing ever. Thank you, Finn."

"It was just flowers. You deserve a whole field of poppies. Are you staying with Polly?"

"Not yet. I'm going to spend a few days at camp, with Aberama and Bonnie. But I promise that it won't be that long."

"No, stay here tonight!" Finn insists.

"I really have to go with Bonnie. Sorry."

"I just got you back only to know you're leaving again."

"It's hardly leaving. I'm just staying at camp."

"What if I don't let you leave?" Finn wonders with a smirk.

"You think you can stop me, Finn? I don't need a gun to be dangerous, you know?"

"Bumble," Finn drags out, shaking her slightly.

"Just a few days, and then you'll see so much of me, you'll tire."

"I'll never get tired of looking at you."

Bea moves her hands to his face and holds it softly.

"I'll see you soon, Finn."

Finn smacks his lips on hers again before the door suddenly opens and Isaiah walks in. Bea quickly moved aside and turned to Isaiah, trying to look composed.

"Your brother is honking the horn of the car," he tells Bea, "and I need your help out here, Finn."

"Let's go then. I'll take you to the door Bea."

Bea didn't refuse him walking to the door, even though she knew exactly where to go and this was a Betting Shop, not a house or an office you accompany people to the door. But it were a few more seconds with Finn, so she just walked quietly.

Finn stopped at the door and watched Bea cross the street to the car. He raised his hand to greet Bonnie and then walk back inside. Bea and Bonnie went away. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.4K 31
Small Heath, Birmingham. It's a rough place so one has to fight to survive or link to the right people. The Peaky Blinders. They're like royalty. De...
28.4K 496 16
The Shelbys return to Small Heath, much to the delight of Tommy's ten-year-old daughter Rose (whose mother is the late Greta Jurossi). Oblivious to t...
232K 5.1K 40
❆ ❆ ❆ 𝕀 𝔽𝔼𝔼𝕃 𝕄𝕆ℝ𝔼 𝔽ℝ𝔼𝔼 𝕋ℍ𝔸ℕ 𝕀 ℍ𝔸𝕍𝔼 𝕀ℕ 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ𝕊 𝕊𝕀𝕏 𝔽𝔼𝔼𝕋 𝕀ℕ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔾ℝ𝕆𝕌ℕ𝔻 ❆ ❆ ❆ "𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 �...
389K 16.4K 81
As the youngest Shelby child and twin to Finn Shelby, Kezia has spent the last 4 of her 10 years locked away for her mental defectiveness. She return...