Soft and Gay - Cadnis Oneshots

By julez_20

The title describes it pretty well actually. Cadnis Content because we can't get enough of it😁 More

I messed up...
You're Alive
What I've Been Looking For (1)
What I've Been Looking For (2)
What I've Been Looking For (Reprise)
Disney Magic
Dead by Daylight (1)
Dead by Daylight (2)
Please tell me I'm not dreaming
You're definitely not dreaming
Cady Help.
Will you read something to me?
Little Notes & Love Letters
A Very Cadnis Halloween
That didn't go as planned (1)
That didn't go as planned (2)
That didn't go as planned (3)
7350 miles away
I'm Pregnant (+ bonus story)
Something to make you feel better
Dead by Daylight (3)
Dead by Daylight (4)
Dead by Daylight (5)
You've Got a Match! (1)
You've Got a Match! (2)
You've Got a Match! (3)
7350 miles away (reprise) + Bonus story
A Very Cadnis Christmas
Mean Girls.
Does this girl work out? She must.
You Make Me Happy
12am
I'm Here
I Was Sleeping.
Do You Wanna stay Over for Dinner? +Bonus Story
It's Gonna Be Okay
I'm Coming Home
I'm Coming Home (Reprise)
7 Years
Other Plans + Bonus Story
Don't die on me... (1)
Don't die on me... (2)
One Call Away
Bonus Stories Because I'm stuck.
I Want To Hold Your Hand
Starting Over (aka procrastination #4)
Would You Lie With Me And Just Forget The World?
Treat You Better (1)
Treat You Better (2)
Treat You Better (3)
Treat You Better (4)
Treat You Better (5)
Treat You Better (Reprise)
Shameless Self Promo.
Teacher's Special Favor
Hey Friends
Halloween
The Time of My Life
A Spiritual Promise
Worst Christmas Ever (But You Made It a Little Better)
And The Winner Is... (What Happened At The Academy Awards 1)
The Sun Vanished (redone)
Until Next Time, Bye ♥️

We're dead! We're dead, we're dead, we're dead!

152 2 9
By julez_20

Disclaimer: This is not my best work because I wrote half of it while going through the withdrawal process of taking sedatives. (Everything's fine now don't worry. #justepilepsythings) Have it anyways because I don't want it to go to waste xD. 

Another Disclaimer: This is a story taking place in the Treasure Planet Universe. Aka it's directly based on the movie. (Minutes 35:20-41:15) Scientifically speaking this whole thing doesn't make sense at all. It's a Disney movie so please just go with it xD.

On the clearest of nights, when the winds of the Etherium were calm and peaceful, Janis always felt the safest she's ever been. The stars shining above and beneath her and the calming creaking sounds of the ship floating through space were putting Janis mind at ease. All the dangers and risks seemed far away, like they were at the far edge of the galaxy.

But this time it didn't quite work. She was laying on the floor of the deck, very close to the railing at the very front. It was the perfect stargazing spot but this time she couldn't really enjoy it. The spot beside her unusually empty. The stars seemed dull and the night felt colder than usual.

It was a weird day. The twentieth day of their journey to be exact. And it was by far the worst.

She swallowed at the thought of the supernova. The roaring sound of the explosions was still ringing in her ears and she still felt the claustrophobic feeling, of getting sucked into a black hole, inside her bones.

She did nothing all night except for reliving this day over and over again inside her head, wondering what could've happened if anything went any differently.

———

It was kind of a lazy day on the R.L.S. LEGACY. Well for Janis at least. The crew was mostly doing their work, Mr. Hubbard was on patrol and so Janis found herself at noon in her stateroom on the couch, playing absentmindedly with her girlfriends hair.

Well... on deck during work hours Astrophysicist Dr. Cady Heron was her colleague and much needed advisor - because god forbid you show any feelings as the captain of a ship - but behind closed doors she was so much more than that.

She was her friend, her partner, the love of her life, maybe even her soulmate. Even though Janis didn't believe in such childish things.

„What are you thinking about?" Cady murmured, tipping her head up from beneath Janis chin. Her eyes were half closed and she had a loving, but also very tired smile on her face as she looked at her.

„You." Janis grinned, tucking a loose strand of hair behind Cady's ear.

Cady gasped theatrically. „Don't say that too loud, or people might think you're growing fond of me."

„Mmh. We don't want that."

„No."

Cady let out a giggle and Janis leaned in to kiss her gently. She smiled against the smaller woman's lips feeling time and space slowly fading away...

A scream startled them and the clattering sound of books, maps and compasses falling off the shelves made them stand up abruptly, just to fall right back onto the floor. The ship groaned and made a sharp manoeuvre to the right side.

„What the devil-"

„Good heavens..." Cady gasped as she turned towards the window. "The star Pelusa... it's gone supernova!"

They looked out of the window, watching as the star was erupting into a massive explosion near them. Even from the distance they could feel the warmth of it on their skin. A beautiful phenomenon from afar yet too dangerous for them this close.

Janis took Cady by the hand and stormed out of the door, up onto the ships deck.

Chaos.

They were pushing through the panicking crew on their way to the console.

„Evasive action, Mr. Samuels!"

A faint ‚aye-aye, Captain' was heard from the direction of the ship's wheel above her. The roaring flames were drowning out almost every sound even less than two metres away from her.

Janis mind was racing, going through the protocol step by step trying to calm herself. After 17 years she never crossed paths with a supernova.

Step 1. Lifelines

„All hands, fasten your lifelines!"

There was shouting in different languages as the crew crowded around the middle mast tying lifelines around themselves. Well at least they're trying to. Janis cursed Damian for hiring this ludicrous parcel of driveling galoots. A few ripped the lines, trying to tie the two ends together again while the others were fighting over the remaining ones. They didn't have time for this.

Step 2. Secure all sails

She scanned the ship again for someone she could trust. Cady was typing away at the console, trying to calculate... something... very desperately. But according to the look on her face she was failing.

Damian.

„Mr. Hubbard! Secure those sails!"

Damian nodded turning back to the outraged crew again who seemed to forgot about the giant, dying star right beside their ship.

„SECURE THOSE SAILS!" Damian shouted louder than Janis had ever heard him before. Even over the sounds of the raging explosion his voice was loud and clear. „REEF THEM DOWN, MEN!"

At an instant all sixteen men ran to their posts tugging on ropes, tying them down, securing the very sensitive solar sails. What ever it was in Damians order, it scared them. Maybe even more than the current situation itself.

Except for one guy. He had too much fun blasting away the asteroids flying towards them. Fucking hell...

Step 3 -

„Captain! The star!"

Fuck.

Cady came up behind her, instinctively reaching for her hand, while clinging onto Janis' left biceps. This was bad. There was one very last explosion turning the flames into a range of pink, violet, red and blue colours just to eventually form a black spot getting bigger and bigger with every shock wave coming from it.

Cady's grip around her tightened as the realization really hit them. The one thing they all desperately tried to avoid, the one thing they hoped miraculously wouldn't happen just appeared right in front of them.

"A black hole." Cady whispered, her focus steady on the debacle in front of them. Janis couldn't make out if it was Horror or fascination which made her eyes still shine brightly in the light of the flames... But she also didn't want to find out.

As if on cue a groaning came from the ship's wheel. Janis ran up to see what's happening and saw three men trying to keep the ship from flying into it's direction without success.

"We're- being- pulled in!"

"No we're not!"

The men fell back as the gravity force just got stronger and stronger with every millimeter they came closer which made Janis desperately holding onto the wheel, not ready to give up hope yet.

They ran out of options. The sails were still not fully secured, people were cowering in corners of the ship whimpering and crying begging for the gods to have mercy and the waves left little fires behind everywhere.

The waves.

"Caddie? Do you happen to know how many waves are left?"

"There'll be one more in precisely 7,9 seconds. Followed by the last and biggest magilla of them all." She shot her a look of confusion, almost like she was scared of what was about to come.

"Brilliant Dr. Heron!" Janis grabbed onto Cady's shoulders smiling widely. "We'll ride that last magilla out of here!"

Cady's jaw dropped. "Have you lost your goddamn mind-"

Janis didn't even let Cady lecture her on how crazy her idea was. She knew. She was terrified. But there was no other way.

"Damian?!"

"All sails secured, Captain!"

"Good man!" She grinned earning a questioning look from her friend. "Now, release them immediately"

There were protests coming from all over the ship. The whining and whimpering stopped turning into angry shouts.

"But we just finished tying them down!" Mr Samuels said from above followed by a "Make up your blooming minds!"

The sails were up way more quickly and everything was ready as the abyss started to surround them, squeezing them from all sides.

She looked at Cady for what could be the last time. She could see the terror in her eyes and there was a single tear rolling down her face as she said,

"Janis. The last wave! Here it comes!"

Janis nodded and looked forward again praying to all the gods that this is going to work. "Hold on to your lifelines gents! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!" She scanned the ship and for once there was no confident 'ludicrous parcel of driveling galoots', no fights, no talking back. Everyone was holding onto each other squeezing their eyes shut, shaking out of fear.

She looked at Cady who foolishly started to come closer to her, pressing her lips onto Janis', as it all went fully black.

She felt the wave underneath them, pulling away quickly tightening her grip around the steering wheel again. A warm light came from underneath them and it felt like hours until they finally got to the surface again. The stars were shining brighter than ever and it felt like weights upon weights were falling off Janis shoulders. The power of the ship turned up again, the beeping sounds of the console rang in her ears and everyone let out a collective sigh, soon followed by cheering, and much needed hugs.

But after a brief moment Janis realised something was missing. Or rather someone.

Caddie. Shit.

She loosened her lifeline and climbed up onto the observation deck looking for Cady.

"Caddie?" It was weird to use her first name - or nickname for that matter - in front of the crew. Unprofessional. But she couldn't give a shit.

"Caddie?!" Her heart was thumping in her chest, her footsteps got faster and louder as she searched the ship, but there was nothing. The deck, her state room, the kitchen... Cady was nowhere to be found. And when she got back to the console she found something.

A loose lifeline on the floor. No Cady.

"No."

Step one. Secure all lifelines. Failed. The ship went silent as Janis allowed herself to silently cry repeatedly telling herself that this couldn't be happening. They all had their heads down, silently mourning the wonderful human they've lost. 

"Janis?" a fait voice was to be heard from the direction of the lifeboats.

How in the world-

She didn't even care. After everything that happened today everything could be possible. She just ran towards Cady's voice, a kind of relief she's never felt before crashing down on her as she saw her redhead leaning against the doorway struggling to stand up straight. Her hair was disheveled her cheeks damped by tears and she could already see bruising forming on her delicate, ivory skin.

Yes she was the Captain. No she didn't care. She lunged forward hugging her girlfriend tightly.

"Never ever do something so stupid EVER again." She whispered into her hair as a few tears were rolling down her cheek. "You scared the living shit out of me."

"Only if you never let us get sucked into a black hole again."

They chuckled and Janis pulled away a little, to look at her face, still holding Cady close.

"Where's the fun in that?" Before Cady could protest she cupped her face and kissed her soundly, for once ignoring the comments of the crew.

Cady was alive. That's all that mattered.

———

Janis didn't leave the deck since then, too scared to be unprepared again. Too scared to get sucked in again. Too scared to lose Cady.

It was then when it hit her once again. She almost lost the person she loved the most. The one person who always made her smile, made her feel loved and made her feel like she's enough. Her soulmate...

She didn't realise that she was crying until she heard a quiet and soft spoken "hey" behind her.

"Hey you."

"What are you doing out here?"

"Working." Janis stretched out her arms doing grabby hands with a little pout on her face.

There was a little thud followed by Cady cursing under her breath as she laid down beside Janis, cuddling into her side. Her head was now resting on Janis chest and her arms were loosely wrapped around her waist. "If working includes you cuddling me you should definitely do it more often."

"Mmh.. I wish." She kissed Cadys forehead gently as she settled more into her, the many bruises making it hard for Cady to find a comfortable position. Janis blinked back tears at the thought.

This is my fault.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You." Janis whispered. Trying to force a smile. "I love you."

Cady looked at her in confusion. It was quite unusual for Janis to declare her feelings in any way outside of her stateroom or their home. She was a woman of protocol during their journeys and the Protean Armada was known to... dislike anything outside the hetero norm. "Jan-"

"No. You know what, I don't care if anyone hears me right now. They saw me breaking down already. They saw me kissing you. And I do love you. If half the crew wouldn't be sleeping right now I'd scream it from the top of my lungs to let everyone know... If they have anything bad to say I'll just throw them off the ship myself." Cady giggled at the comment, burying her face into Janis chest to hide her burning cheeks.

"I love you Cady Heron, from the very bottom of my heart. And I feel like I don't tell you this enough. I almost lost you today. I thought I would never see you ever again. So no I don't care if anyone loses their respect towards me. It's not even my own crew... But I couldn't live a life without you Cady." She gave her girlfriend a gentle squeeze. "I love you so much."

There was a moment of silence between them before Cady shifted in Janis arms, straddling her hips, giving her a smile outshining the brightest stars of the galaxy. "I love you too Jan. So much." For a moment more she was just hovering over her, smiling, before leaning down to kiss Janis. It was slow and sweet, a gentle reminder of how in love she was with her.

"Just do me one favor Miss Heron." Janis murmured after a while. Her words ghosting over Cadys lips like a little summer breeze. She pushed back a little, looking up at her with a little smirk. "If I say 'fasten your lifelines' fasten your fucking lifeline. That's an order."

"Oh is it now, Captain?" She giggled at Janis eye roll, leaning down to kiss her once more.

So this is it. Even though I don't really like this, I thought the idea was pretty cute. also I'm a huge fan of treasure planet. If you are too you're my new best friend now. If you haven't watched it, please do. It's beautiful.

Anyways I hope you liked it, I hope you have an amazing day and until next time, bye.♥️

PS: Next time is probably going to be next Sunday with a new 'The Girl Who Lived' Chapter. So keep an eye out for that ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 607 8
This is Oneshots of the new movie of Mean Girls. This book includes: x Readers (Female) Ships Characters: Regina George Cady Heron Gretchen Wieners K...
5.1K 158 14
THIS STORY CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE NEW MEAN GIRLS MUSICAL MOVIE (2024) I personally just thought they had some really cute chemistry in the new me...
37.7K 997 18
the title says it all :) feel free to leave requests in the comments or via dm!
11.1K 284 27
Basically what the title says.