Trying Your Luck - Bucky Barn...

By Woolfhoundss

Sam teaches Bucky how to make a dating profile and it changes his entire life. This (somewhat) follows the Fa... More

Cast List
Playlists and Author's Note
Part 1: The App
Part 2: Shannon
Part 3: Third Date
Part 4: Blip and Snap
Part 5: Rule Number Two
Part 6: It's Been a Long, Long Time
Part 7: Sunday Kind of Love
Part 8: Brooklyn Baby
Part 9: Bed Bath & Beyond
Part 10: Double Date
Part 11: Revelations
Part 12: Puppy Love
Part 12: Falling
Part 14: Twenty Questions
Part 15: Savior
Part 16: Wanna Be Yours
Part 17: True Colors
Part 18: Want You Back
Part 19: Tangled Up in Blue
Part 20: Shannon's Bucky Mix
Part 21: Dumpster Diving
Part 22: All of Me
Part 23: Animal
Part 24: Too Many Drinks
Part 25: Kansas
Part 26: Come Fly With Me
Part 27: Feel Something
Part 28: Blood//Water
Part 29: The Chain
Part 30: Demons
Part 31: Home
Part 32: Night Out
Part 33: Future Echoes
Part 34: Country Roads
Part 35: Celebrations
Part 36: Iron Sky
Part 37: One Thing Leads to Another
Part 38: Better Man
Part 39: Some Unholy War
Part 40: Not in Kansas Anymore
Part 41: Soldier's DNA
Part 42: Carry You
Part 43: Anyone Else But You
Part 44: Knife Tricks
Part 45: Preparations
Part 46: All This and Heaven Too
Part 47: Trouble Man
Part 48: Changes
Part 49: Who'll Stop the Rain
Part 50: Centuries
Part 51: Born for This
Part 52: News Flash
Part 53: Madripoor
Part 54: Echoes
Part 55: The Luckiest
Part 56: Mr. Blue Sky
Part 57: When the Party's Over
Part 58: Histories
Part 59: East of Eden
Part 60: far from home, but we're so happy
Part 61: Little Talks
Part 62: Delacroix
Part 63: Heartbeats
Part 64: Forget Me Not
Part 65: At Last
Part 66: Gifts
Part 67: Parties and Short Goodbyes
Part 68: Turning Points
Part 70: California (Part 1)
Part 71: California (Part 2)
Part 72: Nuptials
Part 73: New Beginnings
Part 74: Epilogue

Part 69: we can be heroes

3.4K 160 28
By Woolfhoundss

A/N: Wrapping up TFATWS storyline in this one. Don't worry, I have more plans. Lots of plot, smut, and feelings!

It's chaos. Bucky strides down the hallway of the GRC building while everyone is scrambling to leave. Alarms are going off, and he can hear people shouting and murmuring in confusion and terror. He's looking for Karli, or any of the Flag Smashers. He's prepared for a fight, but he'd rather not do that. There have been enough lives lost. What he needs to do is reason with them. Bucky isn't used to solving problems this way.

A woman steps out of a room with a cell phone in her hand.

"Mr. Barnes? It's Karli."

He takes a deep breath.

"Karli."

"Aren't you tired of fighting for the wrong side, Mr. Barnes?"

He scoffs.

"I've done this before, kid. I know how it ends."

"It doesn't matter if I don't survive this," Karli insists. "I'm fighting for something bigger than myself, and with all the bodies you've collected, have you ever been able to say the same?"

"You don't think I ever fought for something bigger than myself?" Bucky counters. "That's all I ever tried to do. And I failed twice. I won't fail again."

"Ah. Your fiancé, right? Shannon Meyers? Is she who you're fighting for?"

His blood runs cold.

"Don't you dare bring her into this."

"I will if you don't back off," Karli warns him. "I'll propose a truce. I want you with us. We can build a better world. All of us."

Bucky remembers Alexander Pierce, sitting in front of him, examining him like some kind of zoo animal.

"You shaped the century."

He didn't. He destroyed it. HYDRA had to convince him that he was doing the right thing. For 80 years. They told him that he was building something greater than himself, than all of them. It was all a lie. Karli is just falling for the same shit, except now she's the one spoon-feeding it to the others.

"I've been fed that bullshit before. In your dreams, kid."

Karli scoffs.

"Have it your way, then."

"You think your cause justifies all this death, but in the end, the nightmares won't go away," Bucky tells her calmly. His mind is racing. He has to call Shannon. Fast. He has no idea if Karli has already sent people to the house, or if it's an empty threat. Either way, he doesn't want to find out. He maintains a calm demeanor with her, trying to encourage her to do the right thing.

If he can stop her this way, nobody else dies tonight.

"You're going to remember all the ones you killed. Trust me." His throat feels tight. "Don't do this. Don't go down this path."

Karli is silent for a moment. He prays that she's taking his words into consideration.

"If that's how you feel, you should sit this one out."

"Well, you know I ain't gonna do that," he laughs.

"Well, thank you. I'm glad you took my call. You've been a big help."

The line goes dead.

"Shit!" Bucky hisses. He dials Shannon's number as he darts after the hostages.

~~~

Even with Sarah's company and the boys asleep on both of their laps, it's difficult to focus. Sarah seems to understand. They both check their phones almost constantly as they jot down recipes that they think would work with the menu. The television flashes to another news anchor.

"We have breaking news. There's a complete lockdown at the GRC meeting in Lower Manhattan where authorities are saying they're tracking multiple threats from groups seeking to stop the GRC's vote on global resettlement. There is a no-fly zone in effect, and the NYPD has the area secured for the moment. Everyone is urged to stay clear."

Shannon gulps.

"That no-fly zone isn't going to stop Sam and Bucky," Sarah tells her.

Shannon's phone rings. Bucky. Clumsy, shaking fingers fumble to answer it.

"Buck?" She squeaks.

His voice is tense, coiled like a spring.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah, we're at the house. What's going on?"

"Who are you with?"

"Sarah, the boys, Ace, and Alpine."

"I want you to lock all of the doors and windows. Shut the curtains, take everyone upstairs into the bedroom. There are two pistols in my suitcase. You and Sarah each take one. Safety is on. They're already loaded."

Her eyes lock with Sarah's, who looks confused and terrified.

"Did he say pistols?" She asks. "Did I hear that right?"

Shannon nods.

"Bucky... what's going on?"

"Karli's threatened to hurt you. I don't know if she has people in the area, but I need you to stay alert and keep yourselves safe. Understand?"

Her heart is hammering wildly against her ribcage. She can't fight Super Soldiers. What the hell would she do? Curl into a ball and scream?

"Shannon," Bucky demands. "I need to hear you say you understand me."

She takes a long, deep breath.

"Yeah. Yeah, I understand."

"Do exactly as I tell you, Shan. Please."

"I will. I promise."

"I love you. I'll be home soon."

"I love you too."

He hangs up.

"We have to close the curtains, lock all of the windows, and take the boys upstairs."

"On it," Sarah says. "I'll grab them, you lock up."

They two of them scramble around the house, abandoning their half-drunk wine glasses and the television. Sarah wakes up the boys and tells them that they have to sleep upstairs. Cass asks if there's a TV up there.

"You can watch TV on your tablet," Sarah replies as Shannon locks the front and back doors, along with every window, drawing the curtains. As she pulls them closed, she looks outside, scouring the darkened front yard for any sign of movement. Nothing. Maybe Karli's bluffing. Still, she won't take any chances. She grabs Alpine off of the couch and whistles at Ace to follow her. The animals seem to sense the tension in the house and are more than happy to follow.

They huddle in the bedroom. The boys turn on their tablet to the news.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea," Shannon says.

"We want to see uncle Sam!"

Sarah sighs.

"We might as well keep tabs on what's going on," she tells Shannon.

Shannon nods quietly as the four of them huddle on the bed, their eyes fixed to the tablet. The news is just the same bullshit over and over again. Talking heads discussing the situation, the vote, the hostages, all with their own theories. It's exhausting to watch. Shannon remembers why she doesn't watch cable news and gets most of her news from an app on her phone. Most of these people are fucking idiots. She and Sarah try to focus on their work while the boys begin to nod off. Suddenly, they hear an announcement.

"Breaking news, a group of hostages has been rescued by Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes. One of the hostages has been kind enough to join us for an interview."

A man covered in soot, cuts, and bruises stands next to a news anchor. He looks like he needs an ambulance, not a microphone shoved into his face.

"He saved our lives. He tore the whole damn door off of the back of the truck. Sergeant Barnes is a hero."

"Yeah, he is," Shannon whispers softly.

Sarah beams at her.

"Told you they'd be all right."

Shannon sends Bucky a text.

Please tell me you're all right.

Her phone dings immediately.

All good here. Walker and I managed to capture the rest of the Flag Smashers.

She raises an eyebrow.

Walker?

It's a long story. I'm not happy about it either, but for the moment, we're getting along.

"Ask him if Sam is okay."

Is Sam okay?

There's a long silence that makes their hearts stop. Finally, her phone buzzes again and she and Sarah almost collapse with relief.

Karli's dead.

There are no more messages after that.

They keep their eyes glued to the tablet. There's news footage of Sam flying down, holding Karli's body in his arms, his wings folding in as he touches down. Shannon and Sarah reach for each other's hands while the boys climb into their laps.

"Is that uncle Sam?" AJ asks.

"Yeah, baby," Sarah tells them. She doesn't tell them about Karli.

Sam walks toward the paramedics and sets Karli's body on a stretcher. Cameras whirl around and she sees Bucky standing beside Walker. Her heart stops, thankful that she can actually see him. Everyone is focused on Sam. Cameras are flashing, but people are deadly silent. He walks toward the crowd and the reporters immediately begin to fire off questions.

"What happened to the Flag Smashers?"

"When did the government make you Captain America?!"

"What do we call you?! Is it still Falcon!?"

"Or is it Captain Falcon?"

There are more talking heads and Sarah sighs.

"I just want to see him, I don't give a shit about what these reporters have to say!"

The cameras cut back to Sam standing with a group of senators.

"Your peacekeeping troops carrying weapons are forcing millions of people into settlements around the world, right? What do you think those people are gonna call you? These labels, 'terrorists,' 'refugee,' 'thug,' they're often used to get around the question, why?"

"Those settlements that happened five years ago, do you think it is fair for governments to have to support them?"

"Yes," Sam says simply.

"Fucking rights," Shannon mumbles as she and Sarah squeeze each other's hands.

"And the people who reappeared only to find someone else living in their family home... they just end up homeless? Look, I get it, but you have no idea how complicated this situation is."

Sarah lets out a hollow laugh.

"The fact that this asshole assumes that Sam..." she clears her throat. "If I were there, I'd punch him myself."

"I'd help you," Shannon mumbles. "What a piece of shit."

"And these politicians wonder why we hate them," Sarah mumbles.

Sam's sly grin is palpable through the screen as he stares at the senator. Sarah looks at Shannon.

"I know that look. I think you do too."

Shannon nods. They're both smiling proudly as they watch him.

"You know what?" Sam asks. "You're right. And that's a good thing. We finally have a common struggle now. Think about that. For once, all the people who have been begging, and I mean literally begging for you to feel how hard every given day is? Now you know. How did it feel to be helpless? Now, if you could remember what it was like to be helpless and face a force so powerful it could erase half the planet, you would know that you're about to have the exact same impact. This isn't about easy decisions, Senator."

"You just don't understand."

Sam laughs.

"I'm a Black man carrying the stars and stripes. What don't I understand? Every time I pick this thing up, I know there are millions of people out there who are gonna hate me for it. Even now, here... I feel it. The stares, the judgment. And there's nothing I can do to change it. Yet, I'm still here. No super serum, no blonde hair, or blue eyes. The only power I have is that I believe we can do better. We can't demand that people step up if we don't meet them halfway." He looks around at the senators who haven't cowered away in fear, who remain, listening to him with vacant expressions.

"Look, you control the banks. Shit, you can move borders! You can knock down a forest with an email, you can feed a million people with a phone call. But the question is, who's in the room with you when you're making those decisions? Hmm? Is it the people you're gonna impact? Or is it just more people like you? I mean, this girl died trying to stop you, and no one has stopped for one second to ask why. You've gotta do better, Senator. You've gotta step up. Because if you don't, the next Karli will... And you don't wanna see 2.0."

He looks around.

"People believed in her cause so much that they helped her defy the strongest governments in the world. Why do you think that is? Look, you people have just as much power as an insane God, or a misguided teenager. The question you have to ask yourself is, 'How are you going to use it?'"

Tears are rolling down Sarah and Shannon's cheeks. Sarah sniffles.

"I'm so goddamn proud of him," she whispers.

Shannon's heart swells as she gives Sarah a big hug. Bucky was right. Sam deserves this shield.

~~~

Sam walks toward Bucky, staring down Walker, who merely gives him a small nod before striding away.

"Sorry," Bucky tells him. "I was texting Shannon, and so I all I heard was 'a Black guy in stars and stripes.'"

Sam bursts out laughing. Bucky glances over at him as they walk. His heart is bursting with joy. Sam deserves this mantle. The shield. All of it. He's the better out of the both of them. If anyone is a hero, it's him. Bucky claps him on the back, tears welling in his eyes.

"Nice job, Cap."

"Thanks," Sam replies.

Bucky's phone rings. Shannon. Sam looks down at the contact image. He definitely sees the emojis. Bucky flushes, but maintains his composure.

"Speak of my fiancée, here she is."

"You better change those emojis before she kicks your ass," Sam laughs.

Bucky smirks at him.

"She knows."

Sam quirks an eyebrow and sighs. Bucky puts her on speakerphone. Sarah and Shannon are going wild on the other end of the line.

"We heard everything! Sam, that was amazing!" Sarah shouts.

"Thanks, Sarah!" Sam calls.

AJ and Cass are screaming in the background. Bucky and Sam double over laughing.

"Sarah, you're going to have to calm those boys down," Sam laughs.

"They just want to say hi!" Sarah says.

"UNCLE SAM! WE LOVE YOU!" The boys scream.

"Say hi to Bucky too!" Sam tells them.

"HI BUCKY!"

"Hi guys!" Bucky laughs.

He loves AJ and Cass. They're great. They make him laugh, always punching and playfighting with him. Sam told them that he could take it. And he does.

But there's a voice he's desperate to hear.

"Boys, can I talk to my fiancée?" Bucky asks.

There's some clamoring for the phone. He hears Shannon laughing softly.

"Hi," she purrs. "Congratulations, Sergeant. You're a hero."

"Thanks," Bucky replies. "That'll help with my pardon. I think we might have to take Sharon to the hospital, though."

"Sharon's there?" Shannon asks.

"Yeah. She got shot."

"I'm fine!" Sharon grumbles.

"You're not," Bucky tells her. "Shan, I'm taking her to a military hospital to get her patched up. I'll be a few more days. Karli's people are no longer a threat, so you can put the guns away."

"Are you finished your list?" Shannon asks him.

He pauses.

"There's one more name to cross off."

She sighs softly.

"Yori."

"Yeah."

"Be safe, Buck."

"Always, doll. I'll always come home to you."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

~~~

It's strange to walk down the hallway of his old apartment building. Bucky feels like he hasn't been here in years. His legs feel heavy, and his heart races, but he knows he has to do this. Softly, he raps on Yori's door, taking a deep breath to calm his body. Yori answers, confused, but he smiles.

"James! Haven't seen you in ages," he laughs. "I was beginning to think you'd disappeared. What are you doing here?"

Bucky doesn't answer. Suddenly, he's at a loss for words. He had this whole thing planned out in his head and now it's just fucking gone. Yori gestures for him to come inside.

"It's late. Come in here before someone calls the cops." Yori closes the door behind him. "You should cut your hair. You look like a hippie."

Bucky reluctantly laughs, yet every muscle and nerve ending in his body screaming at him to run.

"What are you doing here?" Yori asks. "It's not Wednesday, and I thought you and your girlfriend had moved away."

Bucky sucks in a deep breath.

"I, uh... I have to tell you something. About your son."

Yori's face falls, but he sits down. Bucky takes off both of his gloves. He's never done that in front of Yori before. He doesn't seem to notice Bucky's metal hand. It's part of being honest, of bearing his soul. He squeezes his metal hand into a fist and swallows the growing lump in his throat.

"Your son was murdered," Bucky says softly.

Yori's eyes fill with tears. Bucky wants to run. Far, far away from here.

"What?"

"By the Winter Soldier," Bucky continues. His voice begins to shake. "And that was me."

His shoulders shake to try and contain his emotion. Tears spring from his eyes and he feels guilty. He shouldn't be the one crying. It should be Yori. And yet, Bucky can't stop the aching that fills his chest and flows down his spine like a waterfall. Yori takes a deep breath.

"Why?"

"I didn't have a choice," Bucky confesses.

"What do you mean you didn't have a choice?!" Yori asks, anger rising in his voice. "Everyone has a choice."

Bucky swallows. If he's going to tell the truth, it might as well be the whole truth.

"I was brainwashed. By HYDRA. Programmed to be the Winter Soldier. They programmed me to kill." He fights back a sob. "I never wanted to do any of it... any of it. I'm so sorry."

Yori looks confused, and then angry.

"You knew this whole time?" His voice is filled with a pain that Bucky can't describe, and barely comprehend. "And you never told me?"

"I didn't know how. And I didn't --" he chokes. "I didn't want to lose your friendship." He sniffles. "I know that that's selfish. And I'm sorry for that too. Yori, you are free to hate me. I would hate me too."

Yori wipes his eyes.

"I don't hate you, James. I just need time to process this."

Bucky nods.

"I can give you that."

There's nothing more to say for now. He stands up and walks toward the door. Yori follows him.

"James," he says as Bucky's fingers wrap around the door handle. "Thank you for being honest with me."

Bucky turns his head and nods, stepping outside. Yori shuts the door behind him, and Bucky fights the urge to cry as he walks to the entrance. There's a very good chance that Yori will never speak to him again. Dr. Raynor told him that he has to make peace with that reality. Not everyone is going to forgive him. What's most important is the act of making amends. Anything positive that comes after it is just a bonus. This isn't for him anymore, it's for the people he's hurt. He fishes the notebook out of his pocket and crosses off Yori's name. His list is complete. He thought he would feel better after all of this, but instead, he still just feels empty.

He has one more thing to do before he goes back to Louisiana.

Bucky walks to a dollar store near Dr. Raynor's office and buys a gift bag, and a card.

I finished the book...

Thanks for all your help, doc.

It's the most and the least he can say without going into too much detail. He slips the book inside of the bag and attaches the card to the front, scrawling her name onto it. Bucky drops it off with Raynor's very cute receptionist who always made eyes at him. She grins when he walks into the building.

"Mr. Barnes, you haven't had an appointment in a while. Or did you just miss me?"

He grins.

"A bit of both, but I don't think my fiancée would approve of the second one." He sets the bag on the counter. "Could you give this to Dr. Raynor for me?"

"Fiancée?" the girl asks. "Are you – are you serious?"

She looks almost heartbroken. Bucky leans over her desk and flashes her a warm, reassuring smile.

"As a heart attack," he replies. "See you around, Denise."

He doesn't see the tiny flicker of sadness in her eyes as he walks out of the building and calls Shannon.

"Hey!" She chirps.

"Everything go okay last night?" He asks. "Did Sarah and the kids get home?"

"Safe and sound. They're coming over for breakfast and we have something planned for you and Sam when you get back tomorrow."

Bucky doesn't tell her he has a ticket booked to come back tonight. He wanted it to be a surprise. Sam has one more stop to make in Baltimore to take Isaiah to the Smithsonian so that he can see his own contribution to history. He wanted to make sure that the whole world would never forget Isaiah Bradley and everything he gave to a country he loved so much, only to have them rip everything from his hands.

Bucky giggles at the sound of Shannon's voice.

"God, it feels like it's been years since I've seen you," he breathes.

"Just two weeks," she laughs. "You can make it up to me, though."

"I intend to," Bucky purrs.

"Good, because we're going to have to christen our new house!" Shannon squeals.

"We got it?!" Bucky asks.

"We got it! I closed the deal today. I made arrangements with the movers to bring our furniture from Brooklyn on Monday."

Bucky sighs and hears Shannon crying over the phone.

"We did it, B."

"You did it, Shan."

"Yeah," she laughs. "I did."

"I'm coming home."

"I can't wait."

The word feels right falling from his throat. Home. Where it's quiet and safe. Where he's with his fiancée, his best friend, and his family. Bucky wants to burst into tears, but he holds it back as he gets in a cab to speed toward the airport. He gives the driver an extra fifty bucks to defy any and all traffic laws he can. The flight is short. He gets in at around 11:00pm, telling the cab driver to pull up near the house, but not in front of it. He can see a soft light on in the living room window, flickering gently. She's fallen asleep watching television. Bucky tips the cab driver an extremely generous amount for how much he had to listen to Bucky talk up Shannon. He can't help it. He's missed her so goddamn much.

Bucky creeps toward the house, slowly sliding the key in the door and closing it softly behind him. She's fast asleep on the couch in the living room, surrounded by Ace and Alpine. Alpine is asleep on her chest while Ace sleeps half on and half off the couch, his giant head hanging off of the arm. Bucky reaches out to him as he approaches Shannon, careful not to startle him. He's protective, but he knows Bucky's scent and only perks up slightly as he walks by and sticks out his metal fingers. Ace gives them a gentle nibble before closing his eyes again. Alpine, on the other hand, looks furious that he's been gone this long. She glances up at him and stands up. Shannon grunts softly as Alpine swats at Bucky's face when he tries to kiss her and runs upstairs. He supposes that's a fair reaction. She'll come around.

Bucky suppresses laughter and strokes Shannon's hair. Her eyes flutter open and she gasps.

"Buck?"

"Surprise," he whispers.

Her eyes fill with tears.

"Oh my God!" She yelps, sitting up and hurling her arms around his neck, kissing him ferociously. Bucky chuckles against her mouth as her fingers dance through his hair.

"Hi, sugar. Miss me?"

"More than you know," she breathes.

Her mouth crashes against his once again. He hears Ace jump off of the couch as Shannon pulls him on top of her. Fingers fumble for zippers and clothing. Shannon makes quick work of his leather jacket, tossing it somewhere onto the ground. He rips her tank top off of her, exposing her gorgeous breasts that he's been dreaming about and stroking himself to over the phone for the past two weeks. There's something about seeing them in person that drives him insane. Bucky sucks gently on her nipples, flicking each one with his tongue until they're gorgeous and pebbled beneath his touch. He'd say that this was his favorite part of her body, but every part is his favorite. Sometimes he forgets how soft she is. Warm. Safe.

"Bucky," she moans softly.

He rips his shirt off. He needs her now. She seems to feel the same urgency. Bucky unzips his pants and kicks them aside before he pulls off Shannon's sleep shorts, exposing her fully naked body to the moonlight. He looks her up and down, his cock hard and bobbing between his thighs. She's staring at him like a starving animal who hasn't eaten in months. Her tongue drifts across her bottom lip. Bucky tilts his head.

"What do you want, princess?"

She spreads her legs and reaches down, rubbing her clit slowly. Bucky's breath catches in his throat.

"Shit..."

Shannon bites her lip.

"I don't think I've ever shown you how I touch myself."

Bucky's jaw drops as she watches her fingers swirl around her clit, and then dip into her pussy, thrusting in and out. She moans, her back arching. He avoids grabbing his own cock for fear that he's going to come all over his fucking hand. She's perfect. Shannon's eyes open and she licks her lips.

"Fuck me, Bucky."

"Is that all you want?" He asks.

A shake of her head. Bucky grasps her ankles with both hands, turning her to the front of the couch as he walks around to face her. Shannon lets out a loud, girlish giggle as Bucky crouches down in front of her, her legs spread out before him. He lets his middle finger slide through her wetness, moaning with her as her head falls back.

"Feels good?"

She nods, and Bucky wastes no time, licking her clit and fucking her with his tongue and fingers. He needs her slick and pulsing for him. And she tastes so fucking good. He sucks on her clit and begins to slide his thick metal fingers in and out of her as her hips thrash against his mouth. She's screaming, laughing, and moaning his name. Bucky lifts his head, his beard glistening with her wetness.

"You're so beautiful."

She whimpers his name, her fingers swimming through his hair.

"I need you inside of me, Bucky."

He laughs.

"Ask and you shall receive, doll."

Bucky takes her seat on the couch, picking her up and placing her feet on the floor so that she's standing before him. She looks in awe of his cock, despite both of her hands reaching out to wrap around it, and she leans over to drag the tip of it through her cleavage. Bucky moans.

Shannon drops to her knees and licks a thick stripe up his cock, her tongue flattening to get every curve and vein. She sucks on the tip, her fingernails digging into his thighs. He moans, low and gravelly, just for her. It seems to send her into overdrive because the next thing he feels is her sinking onto his cock as her mouth captures his. The sound he lets out is somewhere between a high-pitched moan and a growl. It sounds strange even to him, but she doesn't bat an eyelash. She's utterly consumed by the fact that he's right in front of him. She can see him, taste him, touch him. They don't have to rely on a phone and imagination anymore.

Shannon rides him ferociously, hips grinding at a chaotic pace. Bucky is simply enjoying the view, feeling his own climax mounting just as quickly as hers appears to be. She's shaking and trembling, begging him to make her come. Bucky grips her hips, one hand reaching back to give her ass a light smack. Her eyes go wide, and she stops bouncing for a second, staring at him with complete surprise. He grins.

"You like that?"

"Do it again," she moans. "A little harder?"

Another smack. A little harder this time. Her skin ripples gently at the contact. Shannon moans loudly and begins to grind her hips again. Her hair falls into her face as her eyes slam shut. Bucky reaches down to rub her clit with his thumb.

"You're so wet," he murmurs.

She giggles as she bounces up and down, her glistening pussy engulfing him with every bounce. Bucky's thumb makes soft circles on the tip of her clit, relishing her moans that become louder and louder as she reaches her peak.

"Come for me," he begs. "You're so close. Shannon."

She doesn't say a word. Her forehead presses against his, her breathing picks up, and her fingers wrap around the back of his neck as she whines and mews. He feels her cunt squeeze around him, like a vice, and then a soft fluttering followed by her leaning forward to suck and nibble on his neck as she sobs, "I'm coming, oh God, Buck. I'm coming!"

Bucky's climax hits him right then and there, ripping through his body and causing him to squeeze her tightly against him as her slick and swollen clit grinds against his pubic bone. He holds her against him, rubbing her back and stroking her hair as they breathe hard and come down. Their bodies are sticky with sweat. Shannon pulls back.

"Welcome home," she laughs.

Bucky presses his nose to hers.

"Show me this house."

"Now?"

He smiles.

"Yeah. You got the keys?"

"I do."

"Let's go."

They dress and head over. It's huge, but then again, Bucky hasn't lived in a house since he was much younger. There's a massive kitchen, a dining room, three bedrooms, and a big backyard for Ace and Alpine. The previous owners have taken out all their furniture, leaving the house barren. Every footstep echoes, even their whispers bounce off of the walls. It feels like he shouldn't be here, but it's theirs. This is really happening. There's a storm of emotions rushing through him all at once as Shannon takes him through every inch of the place. She turns to him.

"It'll look different with all of our stuff in it."

"Shannon, this is..."

He starts to cry. She whines softly and reaches out to hug him.

"Oh, Buck. What's wrong?"

He sinks into her embrace. He's never cried like this in front of her before, but there's a first time for everything. It feels like he opened a floodgate. Bucky feels relief, joy, grief, sadness, and that final piece of the Winter Soldier falling away for good. He'll never be back. Bucky feels wounds closing, not fully healed yet – that will take time, but the process has started. And she's been with him through so much of it.

"I'm just happy."

She strokes his hair and kisses him. They're both weeping now.

"We did it, Buck."

He sniffles and laughs.

"We did."

"I'm so proud of you," she whispers.

They sit on the floor of their new house, holding each other in silence. His new life is spread out before him like an ocean of endless possibilities. All he has to do is dive in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 535 19
Marvel MCU fanfiction - TFATWS - SFW ••• "Can you do me the favour and trust him for the mission?" "Confiar en él? Oh yeah, I bet that worked fine...
7.1K 154 8
A short story with rather long chapters in which you joined the Avengers and caught the attention of a certain someone. Since I wanted to write a wh...
50.8K 2.1K 77
LokixFem!ReaderxBucky IMPORTANT: A little message to those who may not have read the full description: You end up with one of them, not both. This is...
62.9K 2.3K 72
**Not based in the marvel universe but based on their characters, personality and relationships. I hope you like my take on their lives outside of th...