Elysian Tale: Flare of Frost

By goluckycharm

Flare Fyche Henessy is her name. Living an adventurous life across the four continents of Elysian Empire. She... More

Elysian Tale: Flare of Frost
Mensahe
Elysian Tale (TRAILER)
Prologue
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Kabanata 41
Kabanata 42
Kabanata 43
Kabanata 44
Kabanata 45
Kabanata 46
Kabanata 47
Kabanata 48
Kabanata 49
Kabanata 50
Kabanata 51
Kabanata 52
Kabanata 53
Kabanata 54
Kabanata 55
Kabanata 56
Kabanata 57
Kabanata 58
Kabanata 59
Kabanata 60
Kabanata 61
Kabanata 62
Kabanata 63
Kabanata 64
Kabanata 65
Kabanata 67
Kabanata 68
Kabanata 69
Kabanata 70
Epilogue
FAQS
Special Chapter
Special Chapter
STORY PROMOTION
ANNOUNCEMENT
Flare Fyche Henessy

Kabanata 66

24.9K 1.4K 411
By goluckycharm

Third Person

With Camaro and Farus being siblings, people are still in shock after hearing the truth. It was hard for them to believe, nor sink it in their minds that the both of them are related by blood, and this war has something to do with their past grudges against each other. The both of them couldn't care less. If they won't settle the score between them, it will be an unending revenge, war, and bloodshed. 

Nagtagisan ng tingin ang mga ito habang nasa ere't magkasangga ang sandata ng isa't isa. You can see the determination and their desire to win just by looking in their eyes. Walang planong magpatalo ang mga ito't paniguradong handang makipagpatayan ang mga ito. 

Funny how the both of them would used to look at each other with so much love and care, but now what's left was anger and hatred. 

"This won't end without one of us dying." Matigas na wika ni Farus habang nakangisi rito. Buong lakas na binalya ni Camaro ang espada dahilan upang mapaatras silang dalawa. 

"And it's probably not me, Cameron." Malamig nitong tugon. 

Kahit anong panghihimok ang gawin ni Farus sa kaniya'y pinipilit niya ang sarili niyang huwag itong patulan. He's trying his best not to give in because he is still his brother. He still believes that he could talk him out of it. Naniniwala siyang kaya pang magbago ng kapatid niya't buksan nito ang kaniyang puso at isipan upang maintindihan ang katotohanan.

It is because as a Prince of Light, he believes that every evil people have kindness buried deep inside their hearts for a reason that their kindness was abused by the people around them. Even after all the things Farus did just to satisfy his anger, he still believes that a day will come he will realize his mistakes and change. 

Pero nagkamali siya sa bagay na iyon. His younger brother, once the Prince of the dark was now swallowed by his own shadow and was not able to get out from the darkness he made himself. Kahit siya'y naiinis sa sarili niya kung bakit naroon pa rin ang pag-asa niyang magbago ang kapatid niya sa kabila ng kasamaang ginawa nito. 

And now he's hating himself. He hate how selfless he is not just as a king, but as a sibling, as a father, as a lover. 

Muli ay inilibot ng hari ang kaniyang mga mata. People of Elysian Empire are trying their best to fight back against his armies. He saw how they got stabbed and fell on the ground with blood all over their bodies, women and children running and crying over their husbands and fathers dying-

Iniwas ni Camaro ang tingin sa senaryong nakikita sapagkat naalala niya ang pagkawala ng libo-libong buhay ng mga mamamayang pinamumunuan niya noon. Ganitong-ganito rin ang nangyari, ang pinagkaiba lang ay kahit papano'y may awa ito sa mga bata at kababaihan na maaaring madamay sa digmaang wala naman silang kinalaman.

Sa isang kumpas ng kamay ni Camaro'y napunta ito sa ibang dimensyon kasama si Farus kung saan silang dalawa lang ang naroon at malaya silang magpatayan nang walang nadadamay. The both of them could destroy the whole empire if they were to put off a fight there. The damage could cause a lot of people losing their lives.

He wasn't supposed to care about those filthy lives, won't he? But there he is still thinking about them.

They know the only person who can leave here will remain alive, and the other shall lose and die.

Magkaharap ang mga ito't nasa tatlong metro ang layo nila sa isa't isa. Nagtatagisan lamang ito ng tingin na para bang sinusuri ang kaluluwa ng bawat isa. They were reminiscing their past, the good and bad ones, the time when they both got separated, how they planted a seed of grudge in their hearts, water it with pain and hatred. 

And this will be the last time they will be seeing each other. 

Sa kabilang banda, Flare together with her Knight Princes were left dumbfounded upon hearing the truth. Kahit ang mga hari't reyna ay nagulat nang marinig iyon. So fighting against Camaro and convincing them to set up a plan to defeat him with a reason to protect the people of the empire was just a cover up with his intention to take revenge at him. 

He doesn't care about the people and the empire. All he cares for was his own desire, none matters to him, not even the future of his children. 

"These monsters! They keep on regenerating whenever you tried to cut off their heads!" Bulalas ni Luther na tila ba nawawalan ng pag-asa. 

The Hydra's reptalian scales were thick that even their swords  are having a hard time penetrating it. Even if they managed to cut off one of their heads with their magic forged in their weapons, it will still grow. There's no chance for them to defeat it unless they found its core of weakness. 

"Where is Arden?" Tanong ni Aerus nang mapansing hindi nila ito kasama. Only Caiz, Yael, and Canaan was here.

"I had to say this before anything else, but I would like to ask him if  the friendship he showed us was even real."  Walang naging sagot si Canaan at Yael dito.

Malamang ang tinutukoy nito'y ang kanilang pinagsamahan noong mga panahong nagpapanggap ito bilang Leether Vexus Sinas. Arden would be hypocrite not to admit, but everything he showed them were real. He may be posing as another person but his care towards them was pure and genuine. 

"I know you don't want any of this from happening," dag-dag pa nito. 

Among the Knight Princes, Arden had a hard time letting go of his desire for vengeance, but because he understands the king and he made him realize how vengeance won't do anything good, he finally had a peace of mind. 

Para naman kay Yael at Canaan, wala na din talagang balak maghiganti ang mga ito, pero ang makita ang kalagayan ni Caiz at ng babaeng labis na pinahahalagahan nila'y nagbukal sa galit at sama loob ang kanilang damdamin. 

"You may be right, but after what you did to them..." Sinadya ni Canaan bitinin ang sasabihin niya upang ibaling ang  tingin sa dalawang kapwa nakaluhod pa rin sa lupa habang nakagapos ang magkabilang kamay ng ginintuang tanikala. 

Yael blinked an eye and turn in his gaze towards Canaan when he noticed the tone of his voice suddenly changed. Ang salitang binibitawan nito'y madiin at kakaiba ang mga tingin na pinupukol niya sa mga ito. His eyes were blank and lips formed into a thin line. Hindi mawari ang reaksyon nito sa mukha. 

"I would consider you letting Caiz harmed and wounded like that. But Flare, her highness..." Canaan lick his lower lip trying  to hide his frustration through a smirk. 

"I have witnessed how all of you fell in love with her. I saw everything. But seeing how you could stand watching your people harm her, makes me fuming mad in anger." Canaan narrowed his eyes towards them and unsheathed his sword. His tribal tattoo was glowing in color, his body was covered with his soul energy.

Just then, Yael knew that Canaan was angry. Among the Knight Princes, Canaan was the most compose no matter how critical is the situation. He knows how to hold back his emotions and be the one to let other people calm down. He represents the calmness of the water, however, nobody truly knows what's going on deep in the shallows of the ocean.

"Frost." Nang magkasalubong ang tingin nilang dalawa'y tumalim lalo ang mga titig na binibigay ni Canaan dito.

"As her knights, we vowed to protect her with our life. So we expected you to do the same, or even better," Canaan paused and gritted his teeth with dismay. 

"But looking at what happened, you don't deserve even a single glance from her." Frost opened his mouth to say something, but he kept his thoughts to himself. It's not gonna make the situation even better.

Yael who was listening mentally sighed. Canaan and the rest may not forgive Frost for letting Flare suffer in pain, but he can. Siya ang nagsabi kay Frost tungkol sa sumpa. Nakita niya kung paano niya ito layuan at narinig niya kung paano siya nito pagsabihan ng masama para lang lumayo ang loob nito sa kaniya.

He saw him aching while trying to protect her against himself. He understands that Frost could not take the risk of saving her when it also means putting her life in danger. And they have no idea how much frost kept on tormenting himself with the situation.

Frost can choose both Flare and the people of the Empire, but the curse does not permit him to do so. The flower buds have been fully bloomed, one more showing of affection and she would die. And he cannot afford not seeing her in his life.

"As one of her knights, no matter what is the result of this war, I will not hand her over to you." Yumukom din ang kamao ni Frost sa narinig. 

"You even have the audacity to use her element to protect your people?" Canaan scoffed. Hindi na niya mapigilan pa ang mga salitang lumalabas sa bibig niya. 

"Curse you and the people of your land!" Matapos itong isigaw ni Canaan ay mabilis itong sumugod kay Frost. And so, Yael and Aerus started to fight each other too.

Every swords they have was radiating with their own elemental energies. Bawat hampas at galas ng mga ito'y nasasangga nang bawat isa't maliksi at pulido ang bawat galaw ng mga ito. The four of them are skilled in combat and weapon forensics. Halos hindi nga makita ang mga ito dahil sa bilis ng bawat atakeng pinapakawalan.

"We have no reason to fight with each other! We are aware of the truth!" Yael raised his hand and released a wave of energy. Sinalag naman ito ni Aerus. 

"You may be aware, but that does not make any of you to be forgiven."Sagot ni Yael sa naging atugal ni Aerus. 

"We are trying to set things right! We do not wish to fight with you!" Kinumpas ni Yael ang kamay niya't may lumabas doong nagtutulisang baging na siyang marahas na papatungo sa gawi ni Arden.

Frost released an icy flame that froze the vines, and seconds later it turned into ashes. A frozen and burning effect caused by the fusion of his own bid and Flare's. Canaan was triggered of the thought that Frost was using her own power against them.

Frost alone was powerful, what more if he had Flare's bid? He would be unstoppable if he reached the highest peak of control of the fused elemental energies. Hindi nila ito puweding maliitin at mas lalong hindi sila maaring makampante. 

"You have a chance to set things right, but you didn't." Natahimik ang mga ito sa sagot ni Canaan. 

"We had all the reason give an end to all of you but we didn't! We wanted but we didn't because of the king! The king who made us realize the value of forgiveness and acceptance. The king who taught us violence against violence is an unending burden that we have to live all our life!" Singhal ni Canaan sa mga ito habang nandidilat sa galit ang mga mata't may nagbabadyang luha na kumawala roon. 

"You had many kings! But what did all of them taught you? How to become selfish? Pretend to be deaf and blind despite of knowing and witnessing the truth?" Canaan scoffed as he brushed his ash-blue hair frustratingly. 

"You think you are the heroes of the Elysian Tale?" Natatawang dag-dag nito. 

"In a main character's point of view, people who would fight against them are considered the villains, but have you ever look at the villains' point of view? How he had many rooms for forgiveness, and yet you forced him for vengeance!" Hindi nakaimik si Caiz at si Yael na siyang nakikinig sa kaniya. Kahit si Arden na nanood sa kanila sa pamamagitan ng isang konstelasyon ay natahimik. 

They never seen him acting that way. The calm water is now raising waves that would soon turn into storms. 

"Evil was once good! Evil had a reason to be evil! And people like you are hypocrites trying to prove you are good when you are nothing different!" He raised his left hand slowly. Tumalima naman si Flare dahil dito.

"Canaan..." Flare can hear the rumbling sound of the ocean. Wala man siyang taglay na kapangyarihan sa ngayon ay nananatiling matalas ang kaniyang pakiramdam sa kaniyang paligid.

He is trying to empty out the waters of the ocean and make this entire land into a seabed. Ibig sa sabihin ay plano niyang likumin ang lahat ng tubig sa karagatan at ibagsak ito sa buong imperyo upang hindi na ito makita pa sa mapa. 

Before Flare could even utter some words to stop him, it was too late. Pag-angat ng tingin niya'y nagtatayugang tubig dagat ang siyang pabagsak sa buong kalupaan ng imperyo. Kaya nakakatakot magalit ang mga taong may mahabang pasensya saka pagtitimpi. They can't control themselves and they became irrational. 

"Canaan, sto-" Hindi naituloy ni Caiz ang sasabihin nang unti-unting maging yelo ang matayog na tumig dagat na iyon bago pa man ito bumagsak sa kanilang lahat. It looks like a huge frozen structure of rocks in the air. 

Napahinga nang maluwag si Flare at Caiz. There they thought all of the people would drown to death. Everyone almost stopped from fighting when icy fragments started to fall from the sky like a snow. Napatingala ang mga ito't nagtaka sa nagtatayugang bloke ng yelo na animo'y parang alon na pabagsak sa buong imperyo. 

Now the whole empire was covered with snow. Nagpatuloy sa paglalaban-labang ang mga ito na tila walang nangyayari. Sa pagkakataong ito ay kitang-kita ang kulay ng dugo na dumadanak sa kulay puting nyebe. 

Frost indeed had become even stronger than before. They couldn't deny that fact. 

Nagtagisan ng tingin ang mga ito. Canaan was still angry, but Yael and Caiz could not stop him. The only one who could command him to stop is Flare, or the king himself. Ang kaso'y wala dito ang hari. Bigla itong nawala kasama si Farus. And Flare had no intention to stop Canaan because she knew Frost can handle him.

All she could think for now is to unlock the sealing chains that restricts her from using any type of elemental forces. She needs to find her father. She needs to save him from himself. He needed someone to share his burden, because all his life he live to carry everyone's burden like his own. He never cared for himself. He never think of his own happiness. 

What's best for everyone, even if it would hurt him, it would be better than hurting everyone. He rather watch everyone happy as he silently suffer in the corner. 

Inikot ni Flare ang kaniyang mga mata upang hanapin ang kaniyang ina subalit hindi niya ito makita. She's the only one who could stop him if he lost his sanity. Siya lang ang natatanging taong makakpagbalik sa katinuan  nito.

Slowly, the sky started to get dim. Flare knew the solar eclipse is about to happen. Mas lalo siyang nakaramdam ng kaba. Her mind started to overthink of the possibility of her own father destroying everything when he lost his own shit and finally fall into the abyss. Omnilocks are the strongest during the Solar Eclipse, and if that happened, she can't stop him because he is stronger than her in terms of magical prowess. 

Flare watched how the moon started to move towards the sun. The light was slowly being blocked by the moon, it was devouring the sun, turning everything dark. And when the moon fully covered the sun, stars started to emerge in the sky. They were the different zodiac constellations. 

Just then, a huge lightning bolt hit the icy blocks, making the the huge fragments of ice fall from the sky. Ang nagtutulisang yelo na nabuwag mula sa pagtama ng malakas na kidlat ang siyang tumarak sa dib-dib ng mga mamamayang naroon. It was a random occurrence that killed some women and children, that's what they thought. 

Napatigil sa paglalaban ang mga ito nang muli na namang tumama ang kidlat sa bloke ng yelo dahilan upang mabuwag ang mga ito't magsihulugan mula sa himpapawid. It was hitting people randomly, so they started to find ways to shelter themselves. Even the armies of the undead were dead and wounded. 

Napakurap si Caiz at Yael. Kahit na si Canaan at Arden ay kapwa din natigilan. The armies of the undead aren't supposed to get hurt or die in a simple attack. They won't even bleed with blades. Seeing some of them died and some get wounded with those simple ice blades, those lightning bolts are not created by nature. 

The clouds started to swirl in circle, the eye of the storm. Sunod-sunod na kidlat at kulog ang narinig. The hydra was behaving even more violently, now it's starting to swallow people alive. The ground started to tremble causing the trees uprooted on the ground. The land has become barren and it's spreading quickly. Every flowers started wilting, animals constantly dying and turning into nothing but skeletons. 

"You need to tell them! The king had fallen into the abyss!" Hindi makagalaw si Arden sa kinatatayuan dahil sa sinabi ni Ophiuchus. 

He was in the Astral Realm. Siya ang mata ng lahat ng nangyayaring digmaan sa imperyo. He has been observing everyone's star, most importantly, the king's star. He saw what happened, he knew everything and his mind and emotions could not bare it.

"Get your act together! Leave the realm and tell the people to stop fighting with each other! They only have one person to fight now!" Umiling si Arden. Sunod-sunod na malalalim na hininga ang pinakawalan niya. 

"Even if  the main reason for war is to settle the past grudges, you have a bigger enemy. If you won't set your guilt and pride aside, all of you will die!" Nakagat ni Arden ang ibabang bahagi ng labi niya. 

"I...I can't...the k-king ordered me to-" 

"The King had fallen into the abyss!" Mariin niyang pinikit ang mga mata niya. Mahigpit ang pagkakakuyom ng kamao niya.

He witnessed how the king had fallen into the abyss. He knew the reason why and what triggered him. Alam niya iyon subalit hindi niya kayang magalit dito, hindi niya kayang sisihin ito, hindi niya kayang lumabag sa utos nito. 

The king had become his father, his role-model, an outstanding individual. A man who cares about everyone rather than himself. A man who never questioned your worth as person. A man who appreciates you as what you are and gives you the freedom to decide on your own.

"He is no longer the king he used to be!" Arden kept his mouth shut while trying to gather his self together. Hindi niya maintindihan ang emosyong nararamdaman niya. Hindi niya alam kung ano ang gagawin niya sa kalagayan niya.

Then he remembered how the king would comfort him every time he wakes up crying from a nightmare, how he trained him to become strong, how he would cheer him up when he can't control his element properly, when he held a sword once and he was so proud of it. 

There was even a time when he accidentally burnt the cake he baked because he was overthinking and missing his mother and father, he never burned a food he cooked, in fact he was very good at cooking. But for the first time, he burnt it, but the king still ate it.

 He asked him why and the king replied," I knew it was their death anniversary today. You must've been thinking about them. But still, thank you for baking me a cake on my birthday. Your effort was very much appreciated. So don't apologize, everything's fine." 

When Arden opened his eyes, he was crying silently. That's right, the day when the Lost Continent was attacked and annihilated was also the day of the king's birthday. He can't imagine the pain the king had to endure as he live his life just to see his daughter. Tiniis niya ang lahat ng sakit, kinimkim niya lahat ng nararamdaman niya. Kinaya niya lahat ng iyon para lang makita ang anak niya.

He don't deserve to end up that way! He doesn't deserve to be the villain when all his life he was everyone's hero!

"You have no time to lose, your highness! You need to warn them before it's too late! You need to stop him!" Arden stopped when he remembered something that made him sob even harder.

"If one day, I will be the cause of chaos and destruction of the world, I hope the four of you will do your best to kill me." Unti-unti ay naintindihan ni Arden kung ano ang ibig sabihin ng kanilang hari noon. 

" That will be an order as a king, and not yielding to my order means your death and the suffering of everyone with ties on your blood." The king knew all along that this is gonna happen and he made them take an oath to end his life when that happens. 

"Hindi ko maintindihan," Hindi na niya napigilan pa ang panlalambot ng tuhod niya't tuluyan itong napaluhod. 

"I don't understand how destiny could be so cruel to him?" Arden covered his eyes with his palms and began to cry his heart out with one thing that he keeps on asking himself.

How would this tale end?

Itutuloy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 284 36
Astrid, a pesky student who love trolling. But with this simple trolling costs her anything and drives into unexplained situation which causes her to...
452K 32.7K 52
I have always seen myself as a savior from the depth of the sea--a place that I have long conquered. But when you appeared right before my eyes, I re...
5.8M 200K 74
"Trust the power within you..." An unexpected abduction A gathering of demon slayers, archangels, shapeshifters and witches A unison of newborn keepe...
10.4M 479K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #03 ◢ Alpha Omega - refers to the twelve demigods destined for the upcoming rebellion. The world has changed. Time has stopped an...