Refusing Rejection [UN COMPLE...

By joyful_marbles

A GIRL. A BOY. AND A CURSE. ~*~*~*~*~ Jane Archer is an invisible nobody, and she's tired of being a pushove... More

Refusing Rejection
01 Maturing
02 Catching A Scent
03 Meeting Mr Alpha
04 Forgetting About Mike
05 Alternate Idea
06 Facing Fears
07 Reasons
08 June
09 Pack Meeting
10 Being Bad
11 Rescue Mission
12 Her Way
13 Tiny
14 Only For A Moment
15 Old Habits
16 Family Secret
17 FamilySecret (Part II)
18 Make Me
19 Luke's Mate
20 Boyfriend
21 Living Arrangements
22 Laundry
23 Motive
24 Changing
25 Falling Into Place
27 New Deal
28 Halloween (Part I)
29 Halloween (Part II)
30 Halloween (Part III)
31 Ronan's She-Wolf
32 Unlikely Friends
33 Ultimatum
34 Bad Feeling
35 Unleashing The Witch
36 London
37 She's Jane
38 From London to Rome
39 What We Could Be
40 Date
41 Box
42 Remember (Part I)
43 Remember (Part II)
44 Dawn of Ruin
45 Surrender

26 Payback

134K 5.2K 981
By joyful_marbles

***WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS NUDITY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ALSO IMPORTANT A/N***

Having no idea exactly where she intended on going, Jane had only one conscious thought, which was to get the hell away from her mate's car. Her logic was the further she fled the less she'd have contemplate the idea of her best friend stabbing her in the back.  

Jane didn't even know where the car had pulled over to, all she knew was that whatever forest she'd blindly ran into was dark and cold and her emotions were making her lose control.  

Not being able to control the change, she shifted into her wolf, already regretting not at least attempting to ditch her clothes as she stood on all four paws in a pile of shredded fabric. Shaking her fur out, she tilted her head and howled up at the shimmering moon, feeling liberated from her problems as she took on the form of her wolf.  

She took off at a sprint, not wanting to have to think about Elle betraying her. Didn't want to question her motive or wonder if Mike was against her also, but her mind strayed and as she travelled through the forest lit dimly by the setting sun, she could think of nothing more than what Levi had just told her.  

She was so caught up in these thoughts that a menacing growl from behind her caught her off guard. Turning she was shocked at the gigantic size of the tan-coloured wolf stalking towards her, a threatening growl emerging past his snarling teeth. She was completely terrified but her wolf, wasn't up to being submissive and she stood her ground. 

As the wolf came closer, she was able to properly pick his scent apart from the unfamiliar forest they'd been surrounded in and she wasn't surprised to find it was her mate. She wasn't sure whether this fact should further scare her or make her feel relieved, he did look pretty mad...  

And if the way he was snarling at her was any indication, she should probably stop trying to discretely move away from him. 

Suddenly he pounced on her, pinning her to the ground, shifting in the process. His darkened eyes bore into her as he commanded, "Shift." 

Not wanting to piss him off anymore she adhered his request and shifted back into her human form, struggling to push him away from her. 

"Can't breathe." She struggled to say, pointlessly trying to shove him off her. He leaned his weight onto his arms but didn't get off her entirely as he asked, "You going to run away again?" 

She looked away from him, annoyed with herself for not being able to get away from him. She didn't want to talk to anyone now, especially her irritating mate of all people, couldn't he tell she just wanted to be left alone? 

"I'm not letting you go until you promise me that you're not going to blindly run off again."  

"I just want you to leave me alone," she admitted folding her arms across her chest, as she suddenly realized both of them were as naked as the day they were born and felt her face heat up just as Levi said, "Well too bad for you that's not happening." 

Jane gritted her jaw in annoyance, sick to death of Levi thinking he can just order her around like she's some kind of pet.  

"Its honestly kind of funny that you think I'm just going to obey you." 

He scoffed, "You know what is funny, I didn't think you were the type of girl to just run away from her problems and here you are ambling about in an unknown area." 

"Well put yourself in my shoes," Jane snapped looking back up into his eyes, her own filling with tears, "My entire life I've grown up with everyone in the pack either terrified of me, or pitying me. The one person who I thought was my friend has just gone and stabbed me in the back and you're expecting me not to freak out?!" 

He sighed, "I'm not saying that you shouldn't freak out just... don't run away from me. You're in enough danger as there is and there's only so much I can protect you from, let alone you deliberately putting yourself in dangerous situations." 

"I don't need protection," she stated almost breathlessly, Levi's words doing weird things to her breathing.  

He smirked at her as he teasingly lifted his eyebrow, "That's what she said..." 

Feeling a fresh flush of embarrassment hit through her body, she pushed at her mate again and he steadily rolled off her and she slapped a hand over her eyes in mortification. It was at times like this when she wished the ground would just swallow her whole. 

She heard Levi laugh, and the sound brought a shiver throughout her, right as she felt something that felt like a shirt land on her chest.  

Opening her eyes, she saw Levi standing a few feet away from her zipping up his jeans as he nodded his head towards her, "Unlike you. I had the sense to not shred my clothes." 

Looking away from him Jane pulled the t-shirt over her head and sat up, going over her options in her head. The way she saw it there was only two, admit defeat and follow her mate or make a run for it... 

Standing up, the shirt fell a few inches above her knees and she locked eyes with her mate, before she turned on her heel and started running again. She didn't make it all that far until Levi's arm coiled itself around her waist and he hoisted her off the floor.  

"I told you, to leave me alone." 

She started hitting his arm in a vain attempt to get him to release her, but he wasn't even flinching. He was however, taking her back in the direction of the car, much to Jane's annoyance.  

"Yeah, I don't think so." 

She crossed her arms in irritation, "How many times do I have to tell you, that you're not the boss of me?" 

Levi laughed as he opened the door to the car and set her inside muttering, "It's sad that you believe that." Before quickly coming to the driver's side and taking off. Effectively keeping Jane hostage inside, but she had an idea on how to get him back.  

*** 

Jane was not a good drawer.  

She had accepted this fact long ago, but standing in the darkened room with a permanent marker and Levi's exposed forehead she was definitely up for the challenge of creating a master piece.  

She'd had to wait hours until he'd finally gone out like a rock, but she was glad that she had waited because now she had ample time to turn his face into a canvas. She was getting so caught up in her evil crime that she didn't hear the front door open, or someone walk in.  

It wasn't until the lights went on and Levi started waking up that Jane turned to see Luke frowning at her and Levi, well... more her, as unsuspecting Levi was just waking up now with a rather doodled on face.  

Luke's eyes widened when he saw his brother and he barley contained his laughter as he turned towards Jane, "Someone's been busy." 

She shrugged, "He deserved it. He was acting like a stuck up Alpha." 

Levi ran a hand through his hair, still waking up, "I don't remember Erin ever being this stubborn with you?" Levi addressed his brother, "What did I do to deserve this?" 

Luke had a pleased grin on his face, "I've always waited for this day..." 

Levi rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah. The day I finally realize what its like to have a mate." 

Jane's eyes widened as she heard what Levi had said. This is the first time she'd ever heard Levi refer to her as his mate before. The thought both thrilled and terrified her all at once." 

"No that's just a bonus," Luke scoffed, "I've been waiting for the day, someone was actually game enough to draw Dora explorer on your forehead and the ugliest moustache I've ever seen." 

Levi frowned at Luke, looking at him as though he'd spoken in another language. But when the words finally registered he took off running towards the bathroom and with an innocent look on her face Jane casually asked Luke, "So how did things go with Cassie?" 

Luke's grin instantly changed to a pissed off expression, "Don't ever use me as a manwhore again." 

"I wouldn't say manwhore... more like a gigalo." Jane supplied shrugging, silently moving behind the dining room table so that when Levi ran back out here there'd at least be something between them. 

"What the hell is a gigalo?" Luke question confused and Jane sighed, "It's a well-paid male prostitute." 

"That's even worse!" Luke exclaimed.  

"What the hell happened to my face?!" Levi shouted before Jane could even think of replying to Luke.  

"Nice drawing by the way," Luke added as Levi walked out looking more pissed off then Jane had seen him look in a while. 

"Look on the bright side brother," Luke taunted, "Now Ronan definitely won't think we're a threat.' 

Levi growled, "I don't who I should be madder with. You for drawing this disaster on my face in the first place, or you who keeps pissing me off more and more every time you open your mouth." 

"I'd go with Luke," Jane nodded, slightly terrified from her slight hiding place. But when she noticed the murderous look in Levi's gaze she quickly added, "But before you kill him, you should probably find out what went down between him and Cassie." 

"Your mates right," Luke agreed, "Especially, because without me you'll have no idea what this is, or how to use it." 

As Luke spoke, he pulled out a gold locket from his back pocket and dangled it from his fingers. Capturing Jane's attention and keeping Levi from inflicting his anger onto his brother.  

Luke smirked, "Thought this might be of interest to you. You see, I did a little research before I went in there today. Buddy of mine, found this circling around the black market told me it was ripped of the dead corpse of a witch who'd I'd just happen to have been looking for." 

"You traded the necklace for Cassie's help?" Levi questioned and Luke sighed, "Not exactly. You see I realized she has no idea where any of her mother's stuff is. And I couldn't understand why until I popped this little locket open and low and behold there's no picture but an incant. We have one half of a spell that's going to locate the grimoire and little Cassie has the other half." 

"So... she's going to give you the other half?" Jane asked utterly confused with all this stupid witch stuff that was honestly giving her a headache. And when was Luke going to tell either of them about the necklace? Maybe in hindsight, he didn't tell her because he knew that she'd probably tell Elle.  

Elle... even thinking of the name still made Jane wince at the fresh betrayal.  

Luke shook his head, "Nothing is ever that easy, she's not just going to give me the necklace. Besides, I can't conduct the spell if I'm not a witch. But, at the Halloween party, she's going to recite the spell. Then I'll just grab the grimoire and hey presto no more curse." 

"I thought you just said nothing is ever that easy? How do you think you're going to manage that?!" 

He laughed, "I'm Luke." 

Jane looked over at Levi with a look of disbelief, "He's not serious is he? The fate of us getting our hands on the spell that could reverse this curse is not going to be left up to the fact that he's Luke?!" 

Levi sighed, "I know it's crazy, but Luke just has a way with getting what he wants." 

Luke smiled at his brothers' words, "You're damn right I get what I want. Now who's coming costume shopping?" 

Levi frowned at his brother, "It's three in the morning?" 

"So?" 

Jane could feel a laugh bubbling in her chest, but before it could reach her lips the sound of her phone vibrating on the table caught everyone's attention. Who the hell would be calling her at three in the morning? 

Somehow, though she knew who it was. And as she looked up from the caller ID, to her mates face Jane let out a shaky breath as she said, "It's Elle."  

~*~

Authors Note

So yeah, I was non-existant to the internet for the past week... please don't hurt me. 

I had a lot of stuff going down this last week and I was just way too busy to update. But I am on two week vacation from school, meaning I will have more time to write (YAY) and I am back on track to my normal 3-4 day updates :)

As for the bonus chapter in Levi's POV will be posted tomorrow, I'll also give instuctions on where to read it and how.

NEXT UPDATE: TOMORROW!!! (NEXT CHAPTER IN LEVI'S POV NOW AVAILABLE TO BE READ)
If you can't find the chapter here's what I suggest;
1. Follow me
2. Make sure the nee chapter isn't between 23 & 24 (the nwe chapter called 22.5 btw)
3. Remove Refusing Rejection from your library
4. Log off Wattpad, then log back on
5. Re-add the story and it should come up

Love you all for being understanding
Jasmine :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9M 855K 53
Highest Rank : #1 in Werewolf Category. When Chriselda stumbles upon the land of the Dawnfall Depths Pack to save her friend, she comes across her ma...
4.4M 59.9K 28
Meet the best Alpha ever, Lance Stryder. Are you tired of werewolf stories where the Alpha yells out "MINE" and practically kidnaps the main charact...
1.1M 30.3K 55
"No no no no this can't be happening!" I say. "Dude chill, what's wrong?" asked Ben. "No she can't be why her, out of every girl there is of course...
103K 5K 36
Blood || a mated werewolves story Alpha Zev Malewoods was your stereotypical everybody fears him Alpha. Because in what werewolf story is there not t...