Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

66.

2.8K 130 5
By narcissablacc

Cordelia woke up with a warm feeling spreading inside of her. For reasons unknown. But she felt content for the time being, which was crazy because Remus, Sirius and Narcissa were in danger every minute of the day.

Going down for breakfast, she was summoned by Professor McGonagall.

"Good morning Ms.Black, now I have called you to discuss if you wish to play for the team still?" She questioned with a smile.

"I do..." Cordelia nodded.

"I remember you telling me that you wanted to play as a chaser, we do have vacancies for the position. I'll put your name up for it then... you can discuss the tryouts with Mr.Potter. Your schedule" she informed Cordelia and handed her the schedule.

Cordelia was taking Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Defence Against The Dark Arts, Ancient Runes and Arithmancy for her N.E.W.Ts.

Cordelia sat down for breakfast as she went through her schedule. She had Ancient Runes for her first period, they did have quite a lot of free periods but Remus had warned Cordelia that these would be spent by her trying to finish her homework.

Ancient Runes for N.E.W.Ts was way more complicated than Cordelia had expected it to be.

Upon entering the dungeons for Potions, she saw only four Slytherins, a couple of Gryffindors and Ravenclaws and only one Hufflepuff.

It was rather deserted.

"Ah, Ms.Black come in, come in" Slughorn greeted as he welcome Cordelia in as if she was a prized possession.

"I have concocted a few Potions for you all--" Slughorn was cut off by Harry and his side along entering the classroom.

"Ah, Harry I thought you wouldn't show up" Slughorn smiled.

"Sorry for being late Professor" Harry smiled at the Potions Master and came to stand with the rest.

Harry, who had been standing a little far away from Cordelia sniffed around and felt confused at how strong yet sweet her perfume smelt that day.

"Now can anyone identify these Potions here?" Slughorn questioned and at once Cordelia and Hermione's hand went up.

"Yes Ms.Black?" He chose Cordelia, with a look of high expectations on his face.

"This" Cordelia gestured towards the first cauldron, "Is Amortentia Potion sir, or better known as the love Potion."

"Correct you are Ms.Black, can you describe it's properties?"

"Amortentia or the love potion smells differently to each person, it smells of things we love. If fed to someone, it can create an infatuation. But it does however, not create love and can be dangerous" Cordelia breathed, feeling her cheeks heat up slightly when she could smell Harry's cologne.

"Couldn't have described it better myself!" Slughorn seemed happy with the answer.

"And this Potions is?"

This time he let Granger answer his question.

"It's Polyjuice Potion, sir" said Granger.

"Very well, take 15 well deserved points Ms.Black and 10 points yourself Ms...."

"Granger, sir" Hermione beamed. Missing the chuckle that was sourced by Blaise.

"Now today we will be making The Draught of Living Death and for a little boost" Slughorn spoke enthusiastically as he turned out and retrieved a small bottle, "The person who manages to make the Potion, if not completely correct but near perfection will as a reward receive this Potions. This is Felix Felicis, better known as liquid luck...."

After describing the lucky potion a bit more, Slughorn sent the lot to work.

It was an odd numbering class, every table had four or three members except Cordelia's, she had Blaise working with her.

Cordelia, who wasn't in a rush to get the liquid luck but to keep up her and her father's reputation in Potions got to work instantly. Thanking Merlin above for having already practiced the potion at home.

She could see Draco doing his work rather hurriedly as well. He seemed in a desperate attempt to get the potion.

But what was most astonishing was how Harry, who could barely make a boil curing potion, was working effortlessly on his potion.

The Draught of Living Death was a very complicated Potion, but it was their N.E.W.Ts now.

Cordelia and Blaise worked on their Potions silently, getting approving nods from Slughorn.

As Cordelia poured in the been juice and stirred it as she had practiced and not how it was in the books, her potion turned the perfect lilac shade before it turned clear.

"Times up" Slughorn announced as he inspected the Potions all around.

When he reached Harry, he gave a loud surprised gasp, "Merlin's beard. It's perfect!" He cheered.

Cordelia raised her brows at Harry, who simply shrugged with a smug face.

"Another perfect potion! Merlin, this has never happened before" he praised upon reaching Cordelia's table, "You two did attain your mother and your father's skills in Potions"

Cordelia gave him a small awkward smile as he called them up front.

"You can share it, you two" he said and handed them the potion.

Harry pocketed it as they left the dungeons.

"How did you manage that?" Cordelia questioned as she linked her arm with Harry's.

"I'm wounded. You don't think I can make a potion?" Harry sighed dramatically.

"No, you know you cannot. So tell me" She giggled at his offended face.

"I'll tell you, but not here. Too many noisy people" Harry whispered as they passed a group of giggling girl, who waved at Harry.

"When are the tryouts captain?" She questioned him, remembering McGonagall's words.

"I was thinking next week, you don't have to tryout--"

"So people can say that I tricked you into letting me in. No thanks" Cordelia shook her head at his suggestion.

"Don't expect me to go easy on you then" Harry smiled mischievously at her.

"I won't" she smiled as he bent down and kissed her cheek, making the girl who was coming up to them, turn around and leave.

"Your perfume's pretty strong today" Harry whispered as they entered the hall.

Cordelia's face had a small pout on her face before she questioned Harry with a small smile, "Is it?"

"Yeah, I could smell it even from faraway during Potions when I first entered" Harry answered with genuine confusion.

Cordelia felt her cheeks heat up slightly before she chuckled at her soulmate's cluelesness.

-

Their first Defence Against The Dark Arts had been a class to remember for most of its occupants. Harry's cheek to Professor Snape had made Cordelia shoot him a proud smirk.

As their classes went on, they were asked to perform nonverbal spell in not only Defence but also Transfiguration and Charms. It was easy for Cordelia but the spells were indeed a bit complicated.

Harry did share the book with Cordelia, who was surprised by the all the scribbling. She had borrowed the book and had copied down the instructions in her own book neatly.

The half-blood Prince.

The book definitely belonged to a half-blood, could it be Voldemort's? Cordelia had thought to herself but the title Prince didn't fit with Voldemort's personality..... he wouldn't have gone for a muggle title.

Cordelia had seen Granger fuss about the book to Harry, who seemed to ignore her when she did that.

The book didn't only have instructions but there were quite a few handwritten spells which made Cordelia frown..... some had been simple hexes but some stood out to Cordelia and made her feel dodgy about whoever this Half-Blood Prince was.

Harry had questioned Cordelia about the spell but she told him honestly that she didn't know what it meant.

"I don't think you should be trying all these spells here..... nothing bad has yet happened but they seem dodgy..." Cordelia said to Harry as she handed him back the book after writing down the correct instructions along with the hexes and jinxes and other spells it had.

"Oh, I thought Hermione was enough.... not you as well" Harry complained as he took the book.

"They do seem dodgy! And they aren't ministry approved" she added hotly.

"Very well, the instructions aren't ministry approved as well" Harry replied coolly before walking away.

-

The castle felt gloomy and cold as the days passed by. The cheerfulness had left when people stayed dropping out. The death rate had increases rapidly. It made Cordelia, think about the locket. She needed to destroy it to keep Voldemort from returning.

But something inside of her told her that there had to be more than just two Horcruxs.

It was the tryouts, Cordelia, whom Harry constantly pestered about being his co-captain  walked to the field a little late.

"You're late! So much for being my helper" Harry sighed with an annoyed look.

"Sorry, I was doing something"

Cordelia was indeed replying to Remus' letter.

"Right, this is annoying, the tryouts, but I have divided them into groups and--"

Cordelia nodded along as Harry told her about the groups, she eyed the groups and pointed to Harry.

"There are Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs and you didn't see them?!"

Harry was gobsmacked before he let out an irritated sigh. The girls were giggling amongst themselves.

They had come down so that they could have the Chosen one say something to them.

"This is so annoying" he whispered, agitated and ruffled his hair. Messing them up more.

"Right, just let them know about me being your co-captain and I shall sort them out for you" Cordelia had a determined face on.

"Right, everyone!" Everyone turned their attention on Harry, "Cordelia Black, she will be helping me with the tryouts as your vice-captain." Harry yelled to the lot.

A few nodded while the others looked irritated by the announcement. Ronald Weasley, for his own good, remained neutral.

"Right" Cordelia stepped up and eyed the first years.

"First years are not allowed to tryout for the team. Better luck next time" she said, making the first years groan and start complaining, "Out! Or I can hand you out detentions!" The first years ran off the field quickly after that.

"Anyone not a Gryffindor also please leave" Harry yelled out.

No one budged.

"He said out. You Hufflepuffs at the back and the Ravenclaws, OUT NOW!" the girls, some who had been crowding outside Harry’s compartment quickly dashed out.

Two hours and several tantrums and broken teeth later, Harry had found his team. It wasn't perfect but it still was perfect for him. The beaters,  none like Fred and George but had managed to aim well were chosen. The chasers, they were the easier to choose for Harry.

Katie Bell, Ginny Weasley and Cordelia. His three chasers. After seeing Cordelia play, Harry felt happy and relieved that he had a brilliant chaser on their team, who could help them incase Harry ever fails to grab the snitch.

What was most surprising was how coordinated Ginny and Cordelia were during their play. Harry had them pass around the quaffle to see if they worked well as a team and they did.

The last were the chasers. Ron went up first, Cormac was going second.

Cordelia made use of the opportunity and shoved the quaffle as hard as she could. The quaffle went through the hoop and took Weasley along with it. But he still managed to save four.

It was the same with Cormac but he at last missed a catch completely. Cordelia had a hunch that Granger, who had her wand out had performed the confundus charm.

After their tryouts were over, Harry went to keep his broomstick back with Cordelia.

"I haven't been able to take you out on a proper date yet" he said with furrowed brows.

"Now he remembers" Cordelia chuckled from beside him.

"Well," Harry cleared his throat and turned towards Cordelia and held her hands in his, running his thumb softly over her knuckles.

"The coming Hogsmeade weekend... let me take you out on a proper date" he questioned with burning cheeks.

Cordelia laughed softly at his embarrassed face before nodding, "Of course darling" she said in her posh voice. Making Harry's heart flutter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.2K 32
Elladora Zhavia Ursula Black I,daughter of Walburga and Orion Black, sister to Regulus Arcturus and Sirius Orion III.She had continued the Black trad...
176 4 6
It's 1980, and both Walburga and Orian Black have passed, only heir to the Black name, Regulus Arcturus, dead, making the disowned "Blood traitor" Si...
142K 5.7K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...
171K 14.9K 92
" โ‚œโ‚’โ‚’ โ‚—โ‚โ‚œโ‚‘ แตข โ‚—โ‚’แตฅโ‚‘d แตงโ‚’แตค, โ‚’ โ‚œโ‚’โ‚’ โ‚‘โ‚แตฃโ‚—แตง แตข โ‚–โ‚™โ‚‘w แตงโ‚’แตค. " What if, in the prophecy, the chosen one isn't specifically a boy as previously thought, but rathe...