Acrimony: Until Death

Od Twisted_Truths

Growing up with an image of how love truly is, Melinda never expected to be taken for a whirlwind of the exac... Více

Summary & Cast
Man Down
Dancing On My Own
In Love With Another Man
If Loving You is Wrong
Holding You Down
The Girl Is Mine
My Little Secret
Magnets
It Wasn't Me
I Know You Got A Man
He Don't Know Nothing About It
One Hundred Miles
Way Gone
Planezzzz🛫
Broken Rollie
They Don't Know
Say So
I Don't Need Your Love
To The Moon
Somebody Else
Decide
You Comfort Me
When I'm In Your Arms
Live Out Your Love
How Much Can A Heart Take
Never Knew
Sanctuary
He Loves Me
Take Care Of You
Never Thought
Relax
Fortunate
I Do
Rope Burn
Keep Your Head Up
Ghost (of Jealousy)
Mama's Hand

Threatened

446 37 97
Od Twisted_Truths

*Vote and Comment on my last chapter Lovelies🥰🥺 . It has been amazing offering you guys a piece of my creative pyscho brain. Enjoyyyyyyy😈😈😈 ~Liz*

As morning rolled around, Derrick and Mel laid in bed for a while. "Are you hungry?" He asked, watching her lay naked and poke her belly. "Yes...........Come on baby. You can do it," she spoke. She had been feeling the baby move since she woke up. She thought that the little one was moving around so much that maybe just maybe Derrick could feel it too. She was hoping today would be the day he finally felt a kick or something. "Don't drive yourself mad trying to force it. Our little one will kick hard soon baby," Derrick voiced. "Ugh but I read the books and they said weeks 18 and 19 are when people would start to feel movement and kicks....... fine," she groaned. He smirked, kissing her forehead. "Come shower with me."

Gladly getting up, the two did their hygiene before preparing to go downstairs. Tossing a dress on the bed, Mel rubbed the back of her neck, a hand on her back. Derrick eyed his bride to be. She was so fucking gorgeous. This pregnancy had her glowing nonstop. He was starting to enjoy the idea of keeping her knocked up. The only question in his mind was how soon was too soon to get her pregnant again after she gave birth? Picking up his phone, he snapped a picture of her standing in front of the window, the sun shining through behind her. Smiling at the photo he decided to post it on his social media.

DerrickJCollins: One Hundred and Eighty Days. Be Still my Beating Heart

I didn't even notice he had took the picture until later. I can't say I didn't feel special. Apparently Derrick was a very private person but he was willing to share things that involved me. "You were shocked he made the pregnancy known?" Very. I thought he was just going to be one of those celebrities that posts a baby's foot or something. It was a breath of fresh air. I still didn't announce it on my page because bitches are nosey. His post had me floating in a cloud until I remembered what day it was.

"Did you quickly slide into a low point or was it a slow decline?" I think it was slow only because Derrick quickly started doing things to get my mind off of the day. We cooked breakfast together then we took Beaux and headed to the beach. It reminded me of the first trip out of Penn that we took together. Maryland is much colder than California that's for damn sure. We just sat next to the water for a while. Beaux jumped in 1 good time and evidently that was enough for him. He was shivering until we wrapped him up in a towel. We were out there for hours honestly up until it started sprinkling.

Looking around the outdoor of the house Robert didn't see a single camera set up. How careless of wonder boy? He walked around the back end, the sliding back door sealed tight. He was about to have a field day pitching rocks until he walked past a window that appeared to be unlocked based on the type of lock it was. I couldn't get the locks down on the windows. It was so simple but my brain was not working right. Maybe I left one unlocked when I wanted to let the fresh forest air blow through the house and forgot to tell Derrick to lock it?

Pushing the window up, Robert climbed in and locked it back. He slowly walked through the enormous space. They hadn't even given the home their own personal touch yet. He smirked. It would be that much easier for the house to be right back on the market after tonight. Maybe it would become a museum after he gets done gutting Derrick like a fish. Hollywood loved making films about useless billionaires. He walked upstairs seeing the balcony he caught them on last night. He should've thrown a cocktail and watched them burn but he didn't want Mel dead. He just wanted her back home where she belonged.

He walked into the bedroom that was obviously theirs. The smell of Derrick's cologne filled his nose and made his eyes grow dark. Walking and looking at everything in there he picked up one of the What to Expect When Expecting books. Opening to the bookmarked page he read where Mel stopped WHAT TO EXPECT AT 4 MONTHS the title. Skimming through he read about what developments the baby was going through then read what expectant mothers would experience.

Nausea usually lessens while other digestive problems, like heartburn and constipation, may be troublesome. It's common to have shortness of breath or to breathe faster. Increased blood flow may lead to unpleasant pregnancy symptoms, such as bleeding gums, nosebleeds, or nasal stuffiness. You also may feel dizzy or faint because of changes in your blood. His mind started churning. Her delicate state just might work out in his favor for the event he had planned. Putting the book down he looked around some more before Thunder roared. There was a huge chance that they were headed back now. He couldn't wait.

It really started raining. We stopped at the store and Derrick ran inside to grab food for dinner. Crazy as it was, I wanted Chicken and Dumplings and he promised to make me the best I ever had. So we got home and he started prepping then stopped to feed Beaux. When he did that I went to shower. I could smell something weird in the air. I just chalked it up to getting rained on. "What did it smell like?" What? "The smell. Can you describe it?" It was putrid. Like a stink bomb. Like when you smoke some skunk ass weed and spray coconut perfume over it. It didn't smell right but we were surrounded by country and it was raining. I should've known better.

Opening 1 window, Mel went to shower like she planned. She soaped up her body, she looked through the fogged glass. She swore there was a shadow but when she opened it and looked out there was nothing there. Twenty minutes later she got out to the sound of her phone ringing. "Ugh what!?" She snapped. "Well hello. How are you?" She heard Brenda say. "Uh huh what you want? Interrupting my vacation." "We were just checking on you honey. We know shit has been crazy lately," June voiced. Mel let out a heavy breath.

Crazy was an understatement. Things were horrific. It still wasn't making sense as to why Robert was going this far. "Yeah we're fine though. We've been having fun out here." "That's good. We're just checking in. Making sure you're safe," Brenda mentioned as if she'd be able to give any form of protection. "Mmhmm sure you are. Why isn't the baby kicking hard enough? I want Derrick to feel it too," Mel whined as she got dressed again. "Be patient. It'll happen." "It could be a couple weeks Mel. You just gotta wait," June voiced.

"Yeah yeah yeah. What are you two doing?" She put on her rings then put her hair up into a ponytail. "We just got back to Brenda's." "From?" "We went and visited mama and daddy." A cloud came back over her at the mention of their parents. She had went the whole day with a content smile on her face just to be reminded that this was the day of her mother's death. "Mel?" She heard her sisters call out. "Yeah what?" "Are you okay?" "Yeah just thinking about mama. Yall better had cleaned off their headstones. I was appalled when I went." "When did you go?" Brenda asked.

"Back in-" the sound of a door shutting made her pause. "What was that?" June asked. "I don't know. Derrick!?" Mel yelled, wondering if he was in one of the rooms. When she didn't get a response she figured he didn't hear her, yelling his name again. Instead of a response she heard Beaux barking. "Mel-" "I'm going to see what's going on. I feel like Derrick should've heard me." "How about you just call his phone or the police?" Brenda suggested. "I just think he didn't hear me. Beaux is barking. Look if I don't call you guys back in 20 minutes then call Derrick's phone."

"What's his number?" "I'm sending it now..... and the address. Brenda............ If you can't reach either of us after an hour call the cops and give them our address. I might be paranoid but I don't want any chances. Can you do that?" "Why me?" "Really bitch!?" Mel snapped, feeling like she needed to head downstairs but her sister had to bullshit. "Okay okay. Twenty minutes call Derrick, after an hour call the police. We got you." "I'm calling Jo." "Why you want her worked up?" Mel shook her head as she hung up, tossing her phone on the bed thoughtlessly.

The sound of Beaux barking grew louder, she could hear him growling as she stepped out the room and headed to the stairs. Looking over the balcony, Melinda slowly walked towards the stairs finding it strange that Derrick had yet to respond to her calling his name. It didn't make it better that their German Rottweiler refused to stop growling and barking nonstop. Going down a few steps she heard something get bumped. "Derrick....... Derrick.......Der-" her words cut off when she seen Robert standing in the living room just before Derrick rushed him, knocking him down. "DERRICK!!" She screamed as she ran downstairs. The two tussled on the floor, a vase falling off the end table. Realizing that yelling was getting her nowhere, she remembered a vital piece of information that could help in this situation.

Running over to the china cabinet, she reached behind it, grabbing the loaded gun that was behind it. Her hands shook as she cocked it back and pointed it at Robert. "Get off him!" She yelled, trying to steady her hands. "You gone shoot me now? Huh? ANSWER ME!" she squeezed her eyes shut, random tears falling down her face. When she opened them, he was a couple feet from in front of her, ready to snatch the gun from her hands. She pulled the trigger, aiming too high, pissing him off even more. If you were going to shoot at him, at least don't miss the kill shot.

He growled, grabbing the gun and pulling her towards him. A frantic scream left her soul when he back handed her, knocking the gun from her hands. She fell to the ground clutching her 4 month belly. He smirked at her, not even pretending as if he didn't already know. "You think that's finna save you? Huh? Nah that means nothing to me. It's not mine anyways. I don't want it," he hissed bending down and grabbing the weapon. She whimpered feeling the cold barrel against her skin. "Please....... please don't hurt my baby," she begged and pleaded. "Your baby....your fucking baby," he repeated, cynically nodding.

"Melinda I'm going to suggest a break." His face.......you know those devil masks? The ones from old storybooks. The ones that made you have a nightmare for days. That's what he looked like. I thought maybe I was just imagining things but he didn't look like.... Robert. I could see the evil grin on his face. It was like he was doing a taunting dance. As if I even had a chance to bargain with him about what he did to me. About what punishment he gave me. "Why do you say punishment?" I could say karma but it's all the same. Everything I did wrong was coming back to take me and everyone I love out.

Hearing Derrick grunt as he stood up, Robert fired, hitting Derrick in the shoulder. Melinda wailed as she saw Derrick fall back, pushing Robert back as she ran to her injured man. She put pressure on the wound, babbling uncontrollably as she cried. "You're going to be okay. You hear me baby? You're going to be okay!" Robert rolled his eyes as he stomped towards her, snatching her by her thick tresses. She screamed, kicking her feet trying to get free as he pulled her towards the front door. A pounding sound alerted Mel, praying that Beaux got free from the closed room. "Owwwww!!!! BEAUX!! HERE BOY!!" She screamed out hearing the cracking sound of the door.

Once Robert got the first lock turned, the sound of a hole being bulldozed in the door before he could even turn the doorhandle on the front door. The sound of Beaux snarling filled Robert's ears as he let go of Melinda's hair, aiming at the dog. Missing the first 2 shots, Robert began to panic, not noticing Melinda crawl off. He yelled when Beaux latched onto leg, dragging him to the ground, his leg bleeding as the dog's lock jaw dug deeper into his flesh. Getting the gun turned around, Robert fired at Beaux. The last whimper of the dog made Melinda whimper into her hands. "FUCKKKK!!!" she whisper shouted as she jumped up on her feet, making her way to the kitchen.

Panic filled the air as Melinda crouched down behind the counter. How did she end up running for her life? Her hands shaking as she tried to pull herself together. She needed to at least do that and quick before she lost her life or her unborn baby. Spotting the house phone, she crawled over to it praying it would work. "Call 911. Pleaseeee work. God please," she silently begged as she hit 'talk' button. When she didn't hear a dial tone she angrily threw it. What the hell was she going to do now? A dark chuckle on the distance filled her ears making her spin around, trying to figure out where he was. "I'm guessing you noticed I cut all the power," Robert voiced as he walked down the stairs.

She grabbed a knife before heading towards the back door. It was taking the strength of black Jesus to leave Derrick inside bleeding to death but she had to get free. She had to get help if she wanted to save him............ and their unborn baby. "Oh come on Mel! Don't run from me! You never used to run from me before. Don't start now baby. I just want everything back to normal. We can go home and work things out and have a happy marriage. That's what you want right? A happy marriage? I can give you that! I got money! We rich baby. Just come back inside! Mel..... Mel........ MELINDA!!!!!"

Before taking off behind Mel, Robert heard something ringing. He looked around, hearing the sound coming from Derrick's phone. Unknown caller? The number looked familiar to him. He answered the call, staying quiet while the person calling rambled off. "Derrick?? Derrick!? It's Brenda. Look I don't know what's going on but you and Mel need to get somewhere safe. Robert cut your brakes! It's all over the news!! His side bitch Diana is dead too. He probably fucked up her car too!!! Hello!!? Derrick!?" No response heard but the sound of someone breathing like a bull was heard before the call ended. They definitely were going to call the police after that.

His voice is so fucking loud in my ears. He just yelled and yelled. I ran as fast as I could. I was starting to wish that I had told my sisters after 30 minutes. I don't know why I told them an hour. "Was he chasing you and yelling?" I don't know. He sounded so close then so far away. I was pregnant and I was officially beginning to have a hard time breathing. Running through the woods was not easy. I had 2 miles before I got to the dock. I couldn't keep running for my life but I had to save my family. "Did you make it there?" If I hadn't stopped I would've. He caught my ass and grabbed me just before I stepped out of the trees.

Stopping behind a tree, Mel tried to catch her breath. She needed to keep running. She needed to keep moving. She was scared yet she was getting pissed off. Why couldn't she catch her fucking breath and keep running? She looked up, wondering which way she was supposed to be going. Focus. She looked in the direction she heard her mother's voice. She started walking in that direction, light from the dock shining between the branches. She was getting close to something, hopefully that included someone would it be too hopeful to pray a police officer was there? She gathered her thoughts and started running until a hand yanked her hair.

Mel screamed as Robert snatched her back, dropping the knife in the grass. A hand over her mouth and a gun in his hand, he glared down at her, she squirmed until he put the weapon against her belly. Her tears falling with panic. "Shut the fuck up!" He barked. Looking over his shoulder he watched a man get off his boat in search of the high pitched scream he heard. Shoving Mel against a tree, she whimpered at the painful feeling. "Hello?" The man shouted. "Fucking try me," Robert growled lowly. "Anybody out there!?" Mel attempted to yell as loud as she could with Robert's hand over her mouth.

"Hey! Hey let her go!!" Robert's nose flared as he stared at Mel. Why was she always causing fucking problems? Moving the position of the gun from her belly to the man approaching him, Robert pulled the trigger, shooting the helping man in the leg. "You see what you did Mel? Fuck man!" He slapped his hand on his head before turning around and getting the keys to the boat out of the man's pocket. "Hopefully someone finds you before you bleed to death but ummm...... thanks for the boat. Let's go Melinda." She stood with her feet planted, her head shaking as she stared at the man bleeding on a bed of leaves.

"Bring your stupid ass on!!" Robert barked as he grabbed her by the lopsided pony tail she now sported. "Nooooooo," she shook trying to pull away. Her chest heaving as she kept looking at the splash of blood on Robert's sleeve. Practically dragging her on the boat, he was starting to regret his plan to keep her alive. Did she even deserve to live after everything? He shook those thoughts out of his head, the voices stayed rooted in place. Tossing out questions to convince Robert that Melinda deserved only 1 final punishment. DEATH.

He kept yanking me by my hair. The same burning sensation I felt when he drug me in the house was hitting me but times 2. My scalp was still sensitive in those areas even though my hair grew back. I couldn't scream. I could barely breathe. "What was running through your mind?" That this was it I was seriously going to fucking die this time. No questions asked. He had just shot an innocent man and left him for dead. He didn't even care about the blood on him. I knew he was waiting to get me in open water so he could kill me too.

Hearing Mel taking quick shallow breaths, Robert began pacing once they were on the boat. "Stop that shit," he spat, he couldn't think of where to go from here. Could he even sail to the Mexico from Chesapeake Bay? Putting together a new plan, he spun around to see Mel with a hand over her chest, still unable to contain her anxiety. "Didn't I say stop that stupid shit!!? Huh!? You think I'm fucking playing with you!?" "Robert............ I can't!" She managed to toss out. "Yes the fuck you can!"

I blacked out but I'm almost certain he backhanded me. The side of my face was stinging when I woke up. "Were you on the boat?" I.... yes. I was on the boat and Robert had......... he had tied me up. It was a shitty knot but he hadn't left me alone. He found a blanket and a pillow on the boat and made me comfortable? "What's this tone of uncertainty?" Because I don't know if he wanted me comfy or wanted shit around to suffocate me with. You seen that movie Split? "Yes." THAT WAS THAT NIGGA!!

"You've been really breaking my heart Mellie. First you hide shit from me. Then you lie to me. You cheat on me. You leave me after you swore you never would. Then you do something you told me you could never do. You get knocked up by a pick me ass nigga. By now I'm pretty sure he's-" a light shined through the door interrupting his rant. Standing up, he saw a man board the ship. What was with white people not minding their business? "You bet not say a fucking word!" He growled down to her. She looked to the ground, watching his feet take him away from her. "Can I help you?" Robert asked before the door shut.

Once he was out of sight, Melinda let out a silent cry. Before she knew it she was panicking again. The rope, the boat, the dead body, DERRICK. "Derrick. He's bleeding. Oh God Oh my God." She tried to get rid of the negative thoughts but her brain seemed to be playing games on her. Her breathing picked up again before she heard her mother again. Mellie you are so smart. Just breathe and focus. Closing her eyes, she whimpered as she pictured four corners. Once she breathing steady enough, she focused on her ring............... why couldn't she feel Derrick's heart beat?

Back at the House

Derrick laid still on the floor, his blood pooled across the floor. The sound of something beating against the door echoed through the mansion. Armed officers swarmed through, searching every inch of the home. "Suspect potentially killed the dog," one officer voiced. "We need EMT here asap! One victim has been found. Mr Collins can you hear me?" The officer asked, checking his pulse. "Has Miss Moore been retrieved?" "Negative." The siren of an ambulance sounded in record time.

Getting Derrick on a gurney, they got him hooked up to the machines as an EMT got a view of Derrick's wound. "I'm still seeing some blood flow. We're going to need to get that bullet out as quick as possible before his brachial plexus is damaged beyond repair. He's lost quite a bit of blood too. Let's move him. Now!" "Where are y'all taking him?" Maryland Chief questioned. "His family is requesting that we fly him back to the University Hospital in Pennsylvania. Plus police found out some evidence involving his accident so they need him back asap. Wait where is his-" "We're looking!" Quieting down the EMT was alerted by the sound of Derrick's heart rate plummeting. "We gotta go before he dies here!"

Strapping him in, they put Derrick on a medicopter. Within 25 minutes they landed on top of the hospital. Three trauma surgeons waiting to retrieve the high profile patient. "Derrick James Collins, 36 year old African-American male. Gun shot wound to the left shoulder. BP 62 over 40-" "Losing consciousness here!!!!" A surgeon stood on the side of the gurney applying chest compressions as the other 2 rolled them inside. As he was rushed into the OR, a nurse went into the waiting room to notify everyone else. "Are they here!? We heard the helicopter," Debbi asked, the Collins family, Jo, and Mel's sisters all waiting to hear the news.

"Mr Collins was brought in. He was shot and lost quite a bit of blood but he's been rushed to surgery. We won't know how much damage to his left arm has been done until they get the bullet out." "What about Melinda and the baby?" Jo asked, imagining just what Mel could have going on. "She wasn't brought in." "WHAT!?" Everyone spat simultaneously, Brenda swaying before fainting. Don caught her just in time. "Did you just say that my sister wasn't brought in? Where is she then!?" June snapped

"I don't know. I suspect the police will have more information than I would. I'm sorry but I have to get back. I'll update you guys periodically," the nurse voiced before rushing back to the OR. "I told him. I fucking told his stupid ass!" Dawn hissed unable to hold her tongue at the moment. "What are you talking about?" Don asked, sitting Brenda down in the chair. "Derrick is so damn smug. I told him to stop taunting that man because he could snap and what happened? The nigga cut his fucking brakes and tried to kill him!" "Dawn calm down," Debbi tried to console her oldest daughter who was now crying unknowingly.

"I'm fine. Who knows where Melinda is. If she's okay. I know she probably freaking the hell out. Derrick might not be able to gain full function of his arm again. That's going to fucking kill him right there. You know he draws with that hand." "I thought he was right handed. He signs paperwork with his right hand," Jo mentioned. "He's ambidextrous. Fucking overachiever. Ugh why is he so damn stupid!!?" "Dawn get over here and pray with me. I got my sage to clear the air." "Nan you can't burn sage in here." "Says who?" "The law? You can't smoke out a hospital just because you want to pray and ask for protection from Senior." "I'm burning my sage. You don't do anything without a clean space."

"Imma let them kick you out," Dawn argued. "Mama stop that!" "Do yall want things to turn around? Then let me do what our family does!" "Do it without smudging," Don bargained. "You can light a candle in the chapel. I know it's different but white candles mean something right?" June mentioned, remembering a a faint memory of her grandmother having an alter. "You're so smart baby. That'll work just fine. I'll be back when Derrick is out of surgery," Nan voiced as she grabbed her bag. The local news flashing across the TV.

We bring you breaking news. Philadelphia's own Derrick Collins has been shot inside of his newest vacation home on Kent Island where he and his Fiancee Melinda Moore were spending the holiday weekend. No word on Ms Moore, but we do know that Mr Collins has been rushed to surgery. Police believe the same suspect responsible for sabotaging Mr Collins brakes not even 48 hours prior is also the one who gunned down the multi billionaire. If anyone has sighting of Robert V Gayle, please call Philadelphia's Police Chief.

"What do we do now?" Jo asked, worried for her best friend. "Wait?" Debbi asked, going to call Dean. Dawn sat down, getting her tears out. She'd be damned if Derrick saw her crying for him. If he made it out alive. A nurse brought out a bag with his belongings and informed the family that Derrick's heart had stopped as a result of low blood and they were working hard to revive him. It seemed to send everyone into a frenzy. Everyone joining Nan's idea and praying non stop. Derrick had to make it alive and Mel had to be found. They had a family developing here on Earth. It wasn't time for them to be in Heaven.

"Slow breaths Melinda." .................. I had a mini breakdown. Derrick was gone. I couldn't feel his heart. I needed to feel his heart! I could hear Robert and that man talking about some gas and then how easy it was to get turned around. After some point I had just accepted that if I didn't calm down and think I'd never get home to know for sure if my man was gone or not. Focus Mellie Bell. You're going to get out of this. "Focus. Focus. Stop panicking. Trust yourself," Mel mentally coached herself as she positioned herself to study the knot restraining her.

Your baby is going to be just fine. She nodded, making sure she was breathing steady. Feeling the rope get loose, she felt relief fly over her. She silently rejoiced as her hands and feet were free. Robert's knot was nothing compared to Derrick's. Derrick did knots that seemed like they got tighter when you touched them. I was able to get free within seconds of me truly calming down. "Perhaps you had gotten over your fears in that moment and it seemed simple at that point?" I'm pretty sure it was just a shitty knot.

Crawling towards the door, Mel pressed her ear to it. "I'd recommend you sail close along the shoreline. If you can't see land then reel it back in. The night currents will push you in a totally different direction especially once you start getting closer to the Bermuda. Are you sure you want to sail along the Atlantic?" "Yeah. I have this undying need to explore," Robert said. Mel slowly pulled the door open as the man suggested stopping for gas before hitting the Atlantic. She wasn't expecting the door to creek like a damn floorboard. Shuffling out of sight, she just knew Robert heard it.

"Can you excuse me for one second?" Robert voiced, walking away before the man even responded. Walking into the cockpit he looked around, spotting Mel missing from her original spot. "Mellie? Where are you girl?" Robert whispered as if he was looking for a dog. He was getting annoyed. There wasn't even many places for her to hide in. Turning around he spotted her just before she could stick her head out the door. Stomping over, Robert growled as he grabbed her by the ankle. He absentmindedly gripped the opposite leg in each hand, flipping her on her back as he dragged her back to where be wanted her.

"NOOOOO!!! HELP MEEE!!!!" She screamed so loud, Robert thought his ears were going to burst. The sound of running feet rang out in his ear making him huff. "You just can't fucking act right can you!?" As soon as the door burst open he pulled the gun from his pants, shooting the man in the chest. Another piercing scream left Mel's body before the shock was too much to handle, causing her to pass out again. "It's about time she shut the hell up," Robert groaned. Now he had to clean up this mess. Looking at the spotlight, he grinned. Shit was really falling into line for him.

He scooped up Mel and carried her to the other boat, making sure the knot was tight enough this time. Afterwards, he drug the dead body over as well. The man was a fisher and Robert thought it would be genius to use that cover. It seemed like fate when he saw another jumpsuit stashed away and the man wore the same size shoes as Robert. How lucky could he get. Finding some cleaning supplies, he poured some over the crime scene before throwing a lighter he found hidden with the chemicals. He quickly jumped back onto the fisher boat, sailing away as the boat burned heavily.

4 A.M.

After the sisters and Jo went home, the Collins all sat around in the large room Derrick was moved to after surgery. They removed the bullet and did some repairs to his nerve endings. Now they were all waiting for him to wake up. What if he didn't wake up? Don washed his hands over his face as he murmured words of healing over his son. Nan sat at Derrick's side, Debbi at his feet, her eyes puffy from seeing her son lay so still. "DJ I know you can hear me. You need to get up right now!" Nan snapped in a whisper. Dawn eyed her grandmother. She knew what she was doing. The way she was laying hands on Derrick told her everything she needed to know.

Her demands turning into words of affirmation then back to demands. She needed to speak life back into him. She needed to spark that fire back into him. Just like everyone else around, she noticed the one thing to get Derrick riled up was the mention of Melinda. "She needs you DJ. Melinda needs you to get up. You didn't go this long to get YOUR wife and YOUR family just to leave them when they need you most. You're going to wake up and get out this bed DJ. You are strong. You are healed. Get up DJ!"

Her hand over his heart, the sound of the monitor beeping slowly, increasing slightly. "Get up. I know you can do this. The strength of Senior is in you. Wake up Derrick James. Melinda's waiting on you." Dawn looked at Derrick's blood pressure. He was fighting to come back. He was fighting for her. "Come on DJ," Nan cheered, she could feel his spirit running around. Not taking her eyes off him, she gasped when his eyes fluttered. "Yes! There you go baby. Come on. Come back to us. My sweet DJ!" Nan cried as she placed kisses on his cheek. The entire family looked on in full tears, Derrick's eyes low but open.

While they rejoiced, Dawn sat back and stared at her brother. She was happy he was alive but she wasn't happy that she was right about her warning. She had hoped things would play out normal. She really did but she had to be realistic and think of all outcomes. Now it was another moment of 'I told you so' and for once she wished it wasn't. Alerting the nurses that Derrick was awake, Dawn stood off to the side waiting for the doctors to come in and do an examination. She was using great strength not to do her own. Derrick noticed her silence as well as the police officers outside the door. Something was going on and something was very wrong. Was his nightmare real?

After all medical officials left, everyone heard a police officer ask if it was okay for them to question Derrick. Getting told not yet, the door shut. "What's going on?" He asked, his voice filled with rasp as he reached for the cup of water. Silence filled the room as everyone looked at each other. "Okay how about this? Where's Mellie?" He stared directly at Dawn. He knew she was itching to say something by the way she was biting her tongue. "Maybe we should have the police go ahead and give you an update," Nan mentioned.

Derrick pursed his lips, glaring at Dawn now. "FINE! I'll fucking tell you. Remember when I told you to be careful and be wise? I told you to make smart decisions?" Derrick raised an eyebrow, if she didn't spit it out he was going to raise all types of hell. "Dawn stop that! Baby....... they found you bleeding out and unconscious in the house but they never found Mel," Debbi confessed. Never found Mel. Her words pounded in his head until he involuntarily passed out without warning. "OH MY GOD!" Debbi yelled. Dawn shook her head with a smirk. It was a bit comical to her in that very moment.

Doctors rushed in to see what was happening, Derrick came to shortly after. "We need you to remain calm. You have a lot of recouping to do," the doctor told him. He nodded, pretending like he was going to listen. Once the door shut he looked at his mother. "I'm sorry what did you say?" "You were wreckless taunting this man behind Mel. You got shot and she's missing....... I told you crazy shit happens with ex husbands but you didn't want to listen to me. Now look at you," Dawn spat. Her fear coming out as anger. Derrick turned his head to the side, his eyes dark but Dawn didn't back down, a smirk on her face.

"You fucking playing with me right now? I'm sorry is there something in your head that says it's necessary to say I told you so right now? MY FUCKING WIFE IS MISSING! AND YOU WANT TO SIT HERE ON YOUR GODDAMN HIGH HORSE WITH A FUCKING SMUG LOOK ON YOUR FACE TO PROVE YOU WAS FUCKING RIGHT!? TELL ME I'M FUCKING WRONG PLEASE!!!" Dawn held her facial expression, counting down the time until he passed out again especially since his bandages were bled through from his barking. Derrick wasn't scaring her one bit. This was her little brother. She'd seen this side of him numerous times.

"Derrick baby calm down." "Relax son. Don't listen to her." "Dawn have you lost your mind!?" Nan hissed. "You're not married until vows and rings are exchanged. And thanks to your stupid shit let's hope you make it to even buying the rings." Just as Derrick was about to get extremely disrespectful, a light bulb went off in his head. The rings! "My clothes! Where's my things!?" He rushed out, pulling the ekg leads off of his chest. "Derrick stop!" "Sit your ass down!" "Ma. Where's my stuff?" Debbi huffed, handing him the bag. Dumping everything out, he felt the ring fall in his lap. His face lit up as he put the ring on, closing his eyes to focus on Mel's heartbeat.

His face scrunched as he felt Mel's heart beating like a fucking humming bird's. "She's alive. She's fucking scared out of her mind but she's alive. I need a laptop." "What!?" Everyone yelled. Derrick pulled the IV out of his arm making Dawn gag at how savage he was being. "Derrick you need to calm down and rest. What are you going to do?" "I'm going to find Mellie." He pressed the nurse button repeatedly until a line of them rushed inside. "What's going on!?" "I need a laptop. I know one of yall got one. I'll cashapp you 5 grand right now for it. Oh and a bandaid please." The nurses stood puzzled until one spoke up. "I got you. You want my cashapp now?" "Bring the laptop first." "Be back!"

"What do you need a laptop for?" Nan asked, knowing that big brain of his had an idea of how to get Mel home. "I can trace her. She's wearing her ring." "Invasion of privacy much?" Dawn tossed. "She knew it was there. We talked about it. Mind your business." "Wait so she could find you?" "Yes she could. Shut up for 5 minutes. Tank I need you to send a beacon to Mel's ring............. Yeah. Unfortunately. How's Belle? I think that son of a bitch killed Beaux......... Yeah I think I'm going to keep one."

"I'm back!" The nurse called out. "Alright text me when it's up. Now your cashapp please." After sending the money to the nurse and downloading the app onto the computer, Derrick pulled up the area of the beacon. "Nan tell the police to come in," he voiced as he looked at the map. She was heading for the Atlantic. How the hell was she heading down Chesapeake Bay? "Mr Collins we-" "Yeah I know. Look we need to fly over this area. I think that's where he has her." "Your vacation home is it near boats?" "It's a dock a couple miles if you walked why?"

"We're still in contact with all of Maryland's PD. A woman reported a boat missing after finding her husband shot on the dock. Considering the events of tonight it's safe that our suspect did this as well. They are waiting to hear more once he's out of surgery. But this helps a lot. We need to get a bird in the sky boys," the police chief announced. "I'm going with you." "Uh no you're not!" Dawn snapped. "Either I'm going with them or I'm going alone. Regardless I'm fucking going." Standing up he grabbed his clothes that they brought and began getting dressed. "Let the police do their job," Debbi voiced.

"Mama I have to do mine," he told her. She assumed he meant his job as a man, a fiance, a father, but he meant as Mel's rock. There was a chance that she would be shell shocked and he needed to be there to bring her out of it. No one else could calm her like he could. She needed to hear his voice. She needed to see him. She needed to hear his heart beat. Nodding, Debbi gave Derrick a hug, hearing him wince. "Knock knock. Here is a pain pill for the flight. The doctor went ahead and did your paperwork just in case you decided to just go home." "Thank you," he said.

"Derrick.....I know I talk my shit but be careful. You get on my fucking nerves but you're my baby brother and I love you. Don't do shit to make your wound bleed again. I'll be waiting to examine Mel when you guys get back. I know she's probably so worried about the baby." "You think I'm not?" "I know you are. I'm worried about both of yours head space too." "We'll get through it." Dawn nodded giving him a hug ignoring his groan of pain. He needed that painful reminder that he wasn't immortal. Debbi and Don hugged their son knowing there was no stopping him. He let out a deep breath as Nan approached him and placed a hand over his heart. "Guide his heart." "And protect my family." "Bring them home DJ." He nodded. He had no choice.

On the Boat

I remember waking up to the most rancid smell ever. I don't think I've ever smelled something so damn bad. "What was it?" It was a mixture of fish and a dead body. "I'm sorry what?" After I passed out I'm assuming Robert switched boats. I wasn't in the same space I was before. I had been retied and this time the knots were tighter. I can still feel the rope digging into my skin. It was taking so much strength to not give myself another panic attack but the smell. That was the type of smell you don't ever forget.

Waking up, Mel's head swayed side to side as she tried to get that scent out of her nose. Her stomach turned as she failed to escape it. Robert looked up at the sound of her puking. "Oh hey honey. You're back. Great. Look Mel. He was a fisher! We have more than enough to eat now. It's perfect. Look this one had fish eggs inside! Taste it," he said shoving a handful in her face making her throw up again. "You done? Good open up." Mel shook her head, her head was spinning. She needed to get away from the stench. "I said taste it!" "Robert stop! I can't have that!"

He glared at her, why couldn't she just listen to what he said for once? "You want a piece of human heart then?" She shrieked as he waved the flesh in her face with a devilish laugh. Another wave of vomit hitting her. "Oh God," she groaned. Robert ignored it, cutting up the remainder of the body. Mixing it in with the rest of the fishing chum, Robert moved the bucket outside on the deck so he could get ready to dump its contents. "I need some air." "There's air all around you." "Robert please!!" He looked at her with a jester grin.

I knew he was going to try and bargain with me. He was trying to play me. I knew it. I could feel it. "Bargain fresh air?" Yes the fucking air. In order to get away from the human slop he created, he proposed a fucking deal. "No more screaming. No more of that dumb ass heavy breathing shit and you cooperate while we sail to our new country. We'll be a family. You, me and our little bundle of joy." "I'm just going to assume that you said okay." I needed to breathe. I just knew if I kept projecting vomit I'd soon hit stomach acid and I was so scared I'd lose my baby. I had to say yes. "That's okay. You were thinking about your baby. What happened next?"

"Okay just stop hitting me please. I'll do whatever." A smile crept over Robert's face as he walked over. He rubbed his bloody thumb against her cheek, Mel tried to hold her composure but the thought of some random persons blood on her was gut wrenching. "Give me a kiss." "Robert please." "OH SO YOU WAS PLAYING ME!?" "NO! NO NO NO! I wasn't playing you. You're bloody Robert!" "So are you. You haven't even looked down have you? You're messy too Mellie." Looking down, she couldn't hold in the heaving she was doing. "Stop that shit. It's not even that damn bad." He huffed, snapping the last 3 set of fingers in half before tossing them in the bucket.

Turning back to Mel he scooped her up and took her outside. She took in a deep breath. The smell of death was still floating in the air but it was tolerable. Looking at the new knots she analyzed them before Robert drug the 200lbs of chum out. "Let's see what we get shall we?" He beamed as he dumped the bloody mess into a trap. Throwing it overboard the wind carried some of the blood onto Mel. "Ahhhhhh!" "Calm yo stupid ass down! Acting like someone threw snakes at you." She leaned her head down, trying to wipe the blood splatter off her lips onto her shirt.

Looking back at her, he smirked. She was like a new puppy. If you let her cry and moan enough she'll shut the fuck up. "I don't understand it Mel. You swore you'd never leave me. I have no one in this world and you swore that we'd stay together. Why did you do this to me? See we could've had a baby on the way but you stopped letting me touch you. Is that why you wanted to go to the reunion so damn bad? You knew that bitch ass nigga was gonna be there!?" Robert spewed, his focus no longer on dumping the evidence.

"NO! I SWEAR!!" "LIAR!" "NO I'M NOT ROBERT I FUCKING SWEAR IT!" "How long you been letting that nigga touch on you? Huh!? ANSWER MEEEEEEEE!!" "I DON'T KNOW!" She cried, his booming voice echoing on the water scaring her even more. She was really in the middle of.......water. "You fucking lying to me! I know you remember." "Why does it matter!?" He stared at her, an eyebrow raised. "Who the fuck are you yelling at?" She dropped her head. As long as he didn't hit her they were fine. "I didn't know he'd be there. I just wanted to get out of the house Robert. We didn't go anywhere. We didn't have fun. I just wanted to dress up and look nice. That's all."

Robert gave a half chuckle as he squatted down in front of her. "You looked absolutely beautiful that night. That little black number. It's a shame I didn't get to show you how beautiful I thought you were." Mel lifted her eyes before relaxing her face. "Gina's dress was black. Mine was white." Robert's eyes flashed at her in a hot second, a hard slap knocking her on her side. "Don't wake up until we get to where we're going if you know what's good for you," he grumbled out as he went back to dumping the waste.

"So you weren't unconscious?" No. I knew he would slap me. I needed a way to work on the knots without him focusing on me. He was trying to keep me occupied. He would stand over me to let me know he was in charge. I needed him away. I needed him steering the boat. "How long did it take before he walked away from you?" I don't know 30 minutes? He just dumped everything and poured water over the blood so it could run off the side of the boat. When he walked away I started remembering the things Derrick told me about getting out of rope. Before I knew it I had disconnected my ankles and wrists. Once I got my hands free it was nothing to get my feet free then I....... "You did what?" I jumped..

"MELINDA!!" Robert yelled as he seen water splash. Pissed was no longer the word to described how he felt. He had to jump into this cold October water and retrieve this suicidal ass bitch. He was infuriated. Stopping the boat he looked out, seeing her swimming away from the boat. Diving in he swam with purpose over to her. When she was in reach he grabbed her, pulling her down into the water before wrapping his arm around her neck. "Fuck is wrong with your stupid ass huh!? You want to fucking die today!? You can die but imma be the last face you fucking see!" He roared as he climb up on the boat with her in tow.

Prying at his arm, Mel gasped for air. His arm cutting off her wind as he pulled her up. He shoved her down, straddling on top of her legs. She swung at him, not in the mood to feel his hands choke the life out of her again. Scratching his face she managed to scoot back, she quickly attempted to crawl away, a strong hand gripping her ankle and yanking her down. Quickly thinking, she flipped on her side so she wouldn't land on her belly. "Fuck you think you going huh? You goddamn whore!" She screamed as she began kicking her legs. Everything in her yelled fight. She was no longer choosing flight. She had a child to protect.

"You don't support me. You don't fucking listen. You took EVERYTHING! YOU LEFT ME WITH NOTHING! MY OWN WIFE LIED ABOUT BEING ABLE TO CONCEIVE JUST TO GO HAVE THAT SECOND BEST FRAUD PUT HIS SEED IN YOU! I SHOULD'VE KILLED YOU AFTER THAT DAMN DINNER. THEY FUCKING TOLD ME TO. I SHOULD'VE LISTENED! THIS IS WHAT YOH TURNED ME INTO! YOU MOTHAFUCKING SLUT! YOU DESERVE TO FUCKING DIIIIIIEEEEEE!!" His hands found themselves wrapped around her neck, squeezing for dear life. Her body went completely limp and he still didn't loosen his grip until a spotlight shined directly on them, giving full view of Mel's lifeless body. "No," he whispered as he backed up.

I died. I know I did. "Why do you believe you died?" I.............. I couldn't breathe. I felt like a damn feather trying to push a mountain. My body felt these sharp pricks all over. I could see every color known and unknown to man bleeding together. I could feel myself growing cold. He was spitting so much at me. He looked like a rabid dog. Then everything just stopped and it was black. Until it wasn't? "Care to elaborate?" I saw..... I saw stars. Like I was above a galaxy. It was completely breathtaking. It was pure silence. The type of silence you crave after a lifetime of hell and chaos. "Was anyone present?" I heard my mama again. When I turned to follow her, I seen my...... I saw my daddy.

"Hey baby girl. I was waiting on you." Mel dropped to her knees. Tony walked over, helping her up and giving her a bear hug. The feeling so comforting. So warm. She broke down in his arms. She had dreamed of this day for years. "Shhhhhh why are you crying? You know I can't help if you don't tell me." "I've missed you so much daddy. Life was too hard without you! I needed you. I needed you to protect me! I needed someone who understood me and you were gone!" "Baby girl I've been right here watching you." "Yeah but you weren't there physically. It's not the same. You missed my first day of high school."

Tony let out a hearty laugh. "Baby girl I didn't miss a thing. I have seen everything that has went on in your life. I sent you someone who would understand almost if not as much as I ever could." Mel looked up at her father confused. "What are you talking about?" "I sent Derrick to you. I knew you needed someone. I knew that you needed that 1 person to help you remember just who Mellie is." Mel felt her tears fall as she thought about Derrick. If her mother and father were here then Derrick had to be as well.

"You sent me an angel. He sacrificed his life for me. I should've known that you would send someone like him for me." Barking sounded out, growing closer by the second. Spinning around she saw Beaux approaching her. "Oh my handsome boy. I'm so sorry Beaux. I'm sorry you can't see your babies. You were so brave." Tony smiled as his daughter praised the beast. This was his little girl. He missed her something fierce but it wasn't her time to stay there with him. She had to go back to her life. Step back into reality.

"Baby girl?" "Yes." "I want you to tell your sisters that I love them and I miss them. Tell them I'm so very proud of them. Creating a business. Raising a family. Tell Brenda to focus on her happiness and stop living to dictate everyone else's. Tell June to find her own identity outside of Brenda. I know they are close but she needs to learn how to stand without Brenda." "Daddy I don't want to go back." "You have to." "Why!? Why can't I stay here!? I want to stay here with you and mama-" "It's not your time baby." Tony cupped her face, pulling her in for a hug.

"It's not fair! I want to stay here! Everyone I love is here! You're here. Mama's here. Derrick is here somewhere. Soon our baby will be here. I don't have anyone back there for me except Jo. I don't want to go back! I won't make it if I go back and they're not with me. I can't lose anyone else I love. Just let me stay pleeeaaasssseeee," she begged through her tears. Tony held her tight, letting her get her tears out. "Mellie. It's not your time. Me and your mama are not going anywhere. But you have to go back. Derrick and Saniyah are waiting for you." "Saniyah? What are you talking about? Who is Saniyah?"

The imagine of her father began to fade as a bright light grew bigger, blinding her. "CLEAR!!" "Come on Melinda! Breathe for us. Come on breathe!" "Charge to 300! Clear!" Mel's chest rose and fell, the sound of the heart monitor slowly beeping as she was brought back to life. "She's back. Eyes are reactive. Melinda can you hear me?" She faintly heard, the feeling of a fist rubbing against her chest to trigger her awake. It was when the oxygen mask was being placed over her mouth did she jump up in consciousness, not realizing she didn't have to keep fighting.

"Calm down you're okay. It's just oxygen," a woman voiced. The bright lights still making it hard to see. She sat up taking slow deep breaths as she looked around. Looking to her left she saw Robert face down and staring at her. He was cuffed with his hands behind his back and his ankles to his hands. She saw something in him she hadn't seen before. Remorse. I was told that after he choked me unconscious, the police found the boat and shined the light down on us. They said Robert looked up then looked down and instantly started backing away from me. The first officers on the boat heard him saying 'What have we done? Why did I do that?'

Looking away from him, Mel's body laid back with exhaustion. She still wasn't sure it was reality. It didn't make it better that she heard someone calling her name but a face had yet to appear. If this was another alternate reality then she was hoping her father would pop back up. She needed to know who Saniyah was and why was she waiting for Mel. Her eyes dropped low until she heard her name being called from the right of her. Putting a hand up to block out the bright light, she looked in the direction of the voice and her vision cleared up seeing him.

"Derrick!?" She spoke, her throat sore and raw. "Mellie!!" She heard as Derrick pulled her into his chest with his right arm. "Oh God! I thought you were dead!! I couldn't feel you anymore! Oh my God!!!!" She cried hysterical in his hold, his shirt soaked in a matter of seconds. "I'm here baby. I'm here. I'm not leaving this earth any time soon my love." "I remembered everything you told me. I got out of the knots. I fought so hard!" "I know baby and I'm so fucking proud of you Mellie. You have no idea how proud I am right now. I love you so fucking much." "I love you too," Derrick cupped her face and placed a kiss on her lips.

She held onto his shirt with the grip of a toddler. She didn't want to ever let him go again. Derrick and Saniyah are waiting for you. A light bulb went off in her head as she felt Derrick's hand on her belly. She whimpered. If what she thought was true.... "What's these tears for?" Derrick asked. She shook her head, she didn't want to jinx it. "Let's get you two boarded and back to Philly," the police chief interrupted them. Boarding the helicopter, Mel laid her head against Derrick's chest as he rubbed her belly. "I haven't felt the baby kick this whole time," she croaked out, her focus on her bump. "Don't worry. Dawn is waiting to examine you. Our baby is going to be okay."

She nodded, putting her hand on top of his. She fell asleep on the flight back, waking up just before they were landing on the landing pad. "You okay?" Derrick asked, seeing her discomfort. He rubbed her belly again, leaning in to give her a kiss. "Yeah....... I just felt the baby move finally," she said, looking at him when he didn't say anything like 'See didn't I say don't worry?' "What?" "I felt it too," he confessed. "You're lying." "No. I felt our baby." She squealed, wrapping her arms around his neck and capturing his lips. Stepping off the plane, Mel took a deep breath. She was home and Robert was being locked away. She could finally truly breathe.

"I can't believe it. You can really-"

"Mel....."

"Mellie...."

"Melinda wake up!!"

TBC
YALL.........I KNOW YALL NERVES IS BAD. YALL GOT 1 MORE CHAPTER FROM ZENOOOOOO
TAKE A BREATHER
OR YELL AT ME LMAOOOOO

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

26.7K 1.4K 28
When we last left off the the gang the loss of one beloved mended the broken bonds. Now coping the 8 find themselves more spread out and out of touch...
1.6K 103 14
Taraji has been working for a spy Company for Over 13 years but due to her bad Attendance and bad skills she get's fired. She struggled to keep a roo...
41.6K 1.8K 34
We coming back at you in part two of this roller coaster ride. You're not safe yet, life ain't ever easy so join us in our continued story of the li...
16.9K 403 32
I feel his hands glide down towards my fanny and I stop fixing my hair. "Liam-" I start to say but am cut off by him. "Are you sure you want to sell...