Straya 801- Planet of Total M...

By orangecaramel05

'Welcome on Straya 801.' The first time they heard these words, they were kids. Now, they are Stray kids. ... More

TEASER
Prologue
Chapter 1: Gorgeous.
Chapter 2 - Palis...
Chapter 3 - Part I: Pale Blue Feather...
Chapter 3 - Part II: Feather Pale Blue...
Chapter 4: Glowing Promises...
CHAPTER 5: Once upon a time...
AUTHOR SELFLESS (lol) PROMOTION~
Chapter 6: Starry Night...
Chapter 7: Euphoria...
PART II - MYSTERY OF LOVE.
Chapter 8: The Greatest Day...
Chapter 9: Green Violets - Beyond Love...
TAG TIME~
TAG TIME 2.0 - '+=+'
Chapter 10: Dear heart...
Chapter 11 - Part I: Rêverie...
AUTHOR SELFLESS (lol) PROMOTION 2.0
CHAPTER 11 - Part II: Réalité...
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
CHAPTER 12: I Love You...
CHAPTER 13: Forever & Ever...
Announcement + New Fanfic's Teaser
CHAPTER 14: Appassionata...
Chapter 15: One Day, Waiting Between Worlds...
Chapter 16: Into the Light...
Chapter 17: For You...
Update~
Last Chapter. 19: Last Journey - Planet of Total Madness...

CHAPTER 18: For-ever...

1.1K 47 93
By orangecaramel05

(Disclaimer: The original picture is not mine so credit to the owner for that [If they want me to take it down, I will]. However, the editing is mine. And this is no fanart, just some filters and editing made by myself on my computer. Also, as you can see this comes from chapter 10 but please pretend it says chapter 18 haha because I still don't have a new computer and can't do montages anymore XD )

-- --

A/N: Hi guys~ Look who has risen from her hibernation haha?

All jokes asides, how are u doing? I missed you all a great deal! This year has been rough on many sides but I managed to get this chapter done at last haha. And as some have read it, next chapter will be the last! Yes, this fanfic is coming to an end T.T... You have no idea how happy I am to have made it to this point with all of you and how moved and sad I am at the prospect of having to end it. But let's save that talk for next time haha!

Side note: I kept Woojin in my story because I was too lazy to re-write everything (it was too long to edit haha) and the majority of you seemed unbothered by it. For those bothered by it, please imagine that it's simply someone else called Woojin :)

As for now, I hope you'll like this chapter~ Thanks for sticking around! Without further ado, enjoy~

WARNING: Explicit description of violence and mention of blood.

------(Cross-posted on Ao3.)

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

Seungmin fluttered his eyes open. The first rays of Glow blinded him. Outside, the frost had melted and the wind was blowing.

What an evening. Seungmin had come back home exhausted, welcomed by Hyunjin's awaiting sleeping arms. Minho had cried his heart out after the revelation that his brother was alive and Seungmin had stayed one hour or two with him, so he could calm down. Minho had insisted he went back home to catch some sleep. When Seungmin left, Minho was busy catching up with Donghyuck. They had also sent people out to find Jeongin but Jae knew where that boy was hiding, doing Jae knew what with Yedam. But Seungmin knew he would come by JYP facilities in the morning.

All was coming together. Now, they only had to get Felix back.

And Seungmin will. No matter what.

Under him, Hyunjin's chest was steadily rising and falling. It relieved him. Then his mind went back to yesterday night, and Hyunjin asking him-

Seungmin internally yelled and felt his cheeks grow hot. They were going to get married. This morning. Just before going to wage a war.

What the fuck had he agreed onto? There were surely better settings for a wedding than this one!

This was not romantic or thought through. At all.

They were so not getting married in the morning. They had better stuff to do anyway, like preparing to fight, getting Fayre ready or reuniting with their human friends for instance.

Hwang Hyunjin and his stupid ideas.

Kim Seungmin and his stupid heart.

Under him, Hyunjin stirred. "Hgn- Seungminie?"

Seungmin looked down with huge wide eyes, not expecting the boy to rise so early in the morning after drinking so much. Talk about time to make up ideas to get away with these stupid marriage plans.

While ruminating he failed to notice Hyunjin's drunk-dazed gaze on him. Unbeknown to him, Suengmin was glowing. Not literally, of course, but his features were bathing in the glowlight, that little shiny spot under his eyes and the one on his jaw still shining. His eyes were losing their brightness but the spots just behind his ears were still pearlescent due to last evening's abuse. That made Hyunjin's heart swell in pride and joy.

"Hey there," Seungmin whispered, leaning up to steal a kiss from him.

Hyunjin chuckled against his lips. "What got you in such a good mood?"

Seungmin pulled back and rolled on his side, Hyunjin turning to face him.

"I don't know. Maybe because I slept well?"

Hyunjin hummed and pulled him close by the waist.

"Hmm, just that? Sure it's not my handsome face? Or yesterday night-" he joked, dodging Seungmin's punch.

"Shut up, you Yeshihk," Seungmin growled, cheeks heating up. He pushed the boy away and stepped out of their now shared bed at Hyunjin's. Seungmin walked over the window hole and grabbed Hyunjin's robes that were hanging there. As he pulled it over his back, arms crept their way up around his torso and a chaste butterfly-like kiss was pressed against his shoulder. Seungmin leaned against Hyunjin's torso and sighed. "You need to let me go, you know, so that I can go back and get changed."

Hyunjin hummed but did nothing to let him go. "I know. Just a little longer."

Seungmin laughed but relented. A few minutes passed but Hyunjin made no sign of moving. His One was usually not so silent unless dead tired. Something was wrong.

"Hyun? Are you okay?" he asked, a frown on his delicate features.

"I am not actually," Hyunjin revealed, voice low and serious. "We're supposed to celebrate the best day of our lives today today but instead we are at the dawn of some war we didn't ask for. This was supposed to be some grand wedding but instead there will only be the two of us. Jae, Felix should be there too. Fuck, I know we should just reprogram but if something happens to us I couldn't stand not being with you... " Hyunjin trailed off with a sigh.

Well. That was unexpected.

Seungmin took in Hyunjin's words, matching his own previous thoughts. Sure, he wanted that wedding postponed, but hearing how much it wounded Hyunjin... Should they actually get married?

"Shit," Hyunjin cursed, leaning back. He lowered his head and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I made it worse, didn't I? Sorry, this is just... This has been plaguing my mind ever since you fell asleep last night. I just... Want to give you the world, you know?"

Seungmin turned around and pried his hands away from his face, stroking his cheeks with fondness. He looked at Hyunjin with understanding and sorrow. "Yes, my love, I know. And you will. I don't care if our wedding is not that grand celebration like Yedam's brother or that we're just the two of us. All I need is you. Okay?"

Hyunjin nodded, unable to answer. His frustration was still visible but at least he seemed to settle for Seungmin's answer. For how long, though, this he had no idea of. Hyunjin was known for his stubbornness and these thoughts will definitely plague his mind as long as they were not married. Seungmin pinched his lips and looked outside, contemplating on what to do. The Glow was still rising but knowing Rosé she was probably already working in her shop.

So be it.

Seungmin turned his head back to Hyunjin, eyes determined. He grabbed his hands and walked to the door.

"Minnie?" Hyunjin asked, clueless but willing to follow Seungmin.

"Let's do it now. Why wait? I'd rather we marry while we can."

"Wow, slow down. It's barely six in the morning. We are in pyjamas and slept like two hours, we can't-"

"Hwang Hyunjin, you will marry me now, or you won't," Seungmin threatened, which was a blatant lie. But it still worked. Hyunjin shut up and complied, even taking the lead in the walk.

As they stepped outside, rustles in the trees stopped them. Hyunjin tensed and listened closely. These were not Jeongin's feet. They were... Changbin's?

"Yah Hyunjin-ah! Seungminie! Wait up!"

Yes, that was definitely Changbin.

The boy emerged from the turquoise palm tree and leaned heavily onto its trunk. He was sweaty, like he had run there.

"Changbin? What's bringing you here?" Hyunjin wondered, hoping over to the tree to help him stand.

"There's... there's something you must come and see,Hyunjin-ah," he managed to say between breaths. Seungmin sighed. Hyunjin wasn't aware that Donghyuck was alive yet. And Jeongin will probably need him once he learns the news too.

"Can't this wait a bit longer?" Seungmin asked him, hoping that they could have some time alone a bit longer.

Changbin shook his head. "I'm sorry. Jisung said that he knew where Jeongin might be and we thought that... He might need Hyunjin by his side."

Hyunjin looked at the two cluelessly. "Why would he? Did something happen?"

"Yes. But it's good news, albeit a bit unexpected," Seungin explained. "I'll tell you everything on the way. And I guess Minho could use my presence as well."

"Minho needs you too Seungmin-ah, no matter what he says," Changbin agreed, leading the way. "We should hurry up."

Seungmin and Hyunjin exchanged a glance, nodding at each other.

Their union would have to wait. Their family needed them.

----------

"Jeongin? Jeongin."

Jeongin snapped his eyes open. The first thing he saw was Yedam's face just above his, circled by the Glowlight. The next was the scent of earth and leaves. Then came the feel of the mud and carpet under his body. And Jeongin realized: Yedam was in his secret hideout.

Jeongin sat up at once, almost headbutting Yedam. He gripped his shoulders tightly, blushing at the closeness of their faces -- Yedam, the smirking Yehshik, as always, not minding the proximity -- alas, Jeongin had more pressing matters at hand.

"What are you doing here?" he winced, eyes darting to the left where the huge portrayal of Yedam in pink, blue, green and purple paint lay.

"You don't remember? We didn't go to the party and you were so worried and mad at me for leaving without telling you that you took me here-"

Jeongin stopped listening and recalled the way he had led the boy here, insisting on showing him the painting -- showing him that he mattered to him. Then Yedam had been so spent and tired that he had fallen asleep and Jeongin had painted some more before going to sleep too. He looked down at his hands. There were traces of the orange paint Yedam had gifted him.

"-and then- Foxie?" Yedam called, following Jeongin's gaze. He raised a brow and stood up. He looked around. "Did you paint last night?"

Jeongin's eyes widened and he scrambled up to his feet, quickly going in front of the younger boy.

"Yes I did. But it doesn't matter. C'mon we should go back to the base, I think my brother-"

"Is that it?" Yedam asked sidestepping him to walk toward the back of the cave, this time being the one ignoring the other.

Jeongin paled, quickly grabbing his arm. "Please, don't look."

Yedam raised a brow and smirked. He quickly shoved Jeongin away, wanting to march forward. And that he almost did. But he forgot that Jeongin was a Fighter. One feet hooking his ankle had him crashing face first into the mud. Just under the small hole in the cave's roof that was currently allowing the morning tropical drizzle to pour inside.

"Oh Jae, are you okay?!" Jeongin gasped, crouching by his head. "I didn't mean- I thought your reflexes would kick in- Eh?" Jeongin's words were cut by a fist of mud shoved into his nose. He coughed and wiped the wet mud away from his face, falling on his ass.

Yedam rolled on his back, his loud ass snorting laugh resonated in the cave. "You should see your face, Foxie!"

Jeongin blinked.

"Oh no, you didn't... " he growled under his breath.

Suddenly, the boy was over him, and Yedam let out a pained grunt. He felt muddy copper sand rise around their lying bodies and cough a bit. Then he became aware of the situation they were in, and he looked up to the smirking boy straddling him, with amused eyes. Said boy had his right elbow set next to his head, supporting his weight. His right hand was holding his own, pressed on the muddy ground on the other side of his head, their fingers intertwined.

Yedam's own free hand had found its way on the boy's hip along the way, and he watched as he leaned down, their faces growing a few centimeters closer. Yedam bit back a playful smile and squeezed the boy's hand.

"Well, well Jeongin, seems like you caught me this time," he chimed playfully.

Jeongin laughed lightly, his black curly hair wet from the tropical drizzle flowing down on them, and Yedam looked at him fondly. He had always known Jeongin was the one. And now more than ever, he was sure of it.

The boy's nails pressing on the back of his hand brought him out of his reverie, and he found the older smirking at him.

"Well, well Yedamie, seems like our roles are finally reversed after all this time."

Yedam let out a playful soundless laugh. His hand gripped Jeongin's hip harder and his feet dug in the mud. He watched as Jeongin's eyes suddenly widened in realisation, and smirked at the boy. Jae, he loved the boy.

"Not for long," he muttered, before flipping them over in a swift move.

Jeongin squealed when his world was turned upside down and Yedam's hands caged his face. He blinked and blushed, their noses brushing. Yedam's eyes fluttered closed and he began to gently rub his nose against his, left and right. Jeongin smiled, his own hand reaching out to cup Yedam's strong jaw, smearing remains of orange paint on his wet skin.

"Yed?" he whispered, voice soft.

"Hmm?"

"Can I kiss you?" he asked, smile widening when Yedam's movement stopped and his breath hitched.

"Please do..." he croaked weakly, almost shaking all over.

Jeongin leaned up and boldly captured his lips between his own. Yedam trembled and pushed him back on the ground, eagerly answering the kiss. And Jeongin was too overwhelmed to go any further than this move, letting Yedam do all the work. His brain had fried.

Yedam was kissing him.

And, damn, was he a good kisser.

"Freaking finally," Yedam muttered against his lips, forcing Jeongin's mouth open and meeting his tongue halfway.

Jeongin hit his bicep, straight onto the drenched orange fur he had given him, as a way to tell him ' shut up '. And it worked because Yedam was too busy deepening the kiss to add anything. Jeongin thanked him by finally functioning enough to wrap his arms around his neck and answer the kiss.

Jeongin would have gone on for hours honestly, but the footsteps coming their way had him brusquely shoving Yedam away and behind him. Jeongin growled and crouched on a defensive stance in the wet mud, eyeing the entrance.

Who knew of his hideout?

Jeongin listened to the hurried footsteps and gasped.

Jisung.

It was Jisung.

He immediately stood up and ran to the entrance. Of course the human knew his hideout! He was probably the only one of his whole family that could grab a hold of him. And if he was in such a hurry it had to mean something was wrong!

"Hyung?" he called out, feeling grounded when Yedam came up behind him to hold his waist.

Jisung popped up from a huge tree branch, eyes wide and out of breath.

"Oh thank god, I was starting to believe I had forgotten the trail- Innie you have to come with me right now," he pleaded, words stumbling over the others, still failing to catch his breath. He looked behind Jeongin at Yedam -- and Jeongin just knew he was going to hear about it later. "You too, Yedam, you have to come. Jeongin will need you."

"What's wrong, hyung?" Jeongin asked worriedly, feeling suddenly terrified. Did something happen during their sleep?

"I'll tell you all about it on the way, just- please hurry and follow me."

Yedam nodded, untangling himself from Jeongin.

"Lead the way."

----------

Changbin loaded his gun.

"Let's go get these motherfuckers," he declared, kicking the box at his feet close.

"Keep that energy for the fight. You'll need it," Chan instructed. But deep down he was feeling just as anxious and boiling. He couldn't believe that they were about to wage a full on war. When he had dreamed, as a kid, of coming here, on Straya, it was to study. Not to make friends, find a family, and even less to fight in a war. But Jae, was he ready for it. He would save Felix. For his family, for Changbin and for himself. After all, the boy was his cousin -- his duty was to protect him. "Did you fetch Seungmin and Hyunjin?"

Hearing Changbin sigh, he turned around. The boy was breathing heavily, trying to load his rifle properly. Chan reached over and patted his shoulder, encouraging the boy to let him load his weapon in his stead.

"Yes. They're going up to meet with Minho and Jeongin. I saw Jisung-ah come in with Jeongin and Yedam in tow, when I was coming down earlier."

"Good."

Chan glanced at Changbin only to see him anxiously strap and unstrap his gloves.

"You're good?" Chan asked, raising a brow.

"Amazing."

"Okay listen. You can't waver now, Binnie," Chan carefully and calmly instructed. "I know that it's nerve racking for you, but I can't have a soldier in my unit unprepared. I need you to clear your thoughts and forget your emotions. You need to listen to me and my orders. Now, I'm going to be very serious with you and I want you to be honest with me, Changbin. Can you fight ?"

"Hyung," Changbin started after a moment of silence. "I don't know if I can hold back from killing Kim when I see him. But I can assure you that until we've safely escorted Hyuna, the baby and Felix out, I'll follow your command, whatever it is."

Chan nodded and handed him back his rifle, convinced. "Good. I'll hold you to that. Now let's go meet the rest."

Changbin nodded and pushed the door open. A compound filled with gearing up soldiers was what greeted them. SM and JYP soldiers were fussing around with guns, bombs, amo and other things. Going up the glass elevator were Minho, Jeongin and Mark accompanied by a medic. They could all see Jeongin crying in Minho's arms and their hearts clenched, happy for the boy.

"Hey, guys!"

The two friends turned around to find Jisung, fully geared up and running toward them.

"Yo Jisung! I'm glad you found Jeongin-ah," Changbin greeted, quickly hugging his friend. "Are you ready?"

Jisung let go and lifted his shirt up. His ribs were bandaged, but obviously in a better shape than they were earlier on. That was great. Jisung would be able to fight on his own, and that was an amazing thing to hear. Jisung, while more of a scientist than a fighter, was an excellent runner, doubled of a peerless infiltrator. These skills of his would be useful for the mission.

"Did grandpa tell you how our unit would proceed?" Jisung asked Chan, signing a document on the pad a small scientist offered him. Jisung would be in charge of the east bomb cargo and would have to be accountable if something went awry. Changbin had had the same responsibility on their last mission on Earth and, sadly, their cago was stolen -- Changbin's paycheck did not appreciate that. So JYP entrusted Jisung with it this time.

Chan shook his head, leading them toward the cafeteria of SM's base. "No, not yet. I just know that we won't fight together."

That had Chan and Changbin freezing.

"What?" Changbin muttered, shell shocked. In their twenty or so years spent together they never had to split or fight separately. This had to be a mistake, right?

Chan sighed and mentioned for them to follow him, to a secluded part of the room, a small bar towards the kitchen. He sat down on a stool and kept his head down, unable to meet their eyes.

"JYP informed me of it last evening. I'll still lead our commando unit but Jisung will be in charge of the East flank to get to the place where they keep their weapons, while you, Changbin, will be in charge of the retrieval operation. I'll lead the infiltration to get to Kim, along with Hui and Suzy."

"Why are you only telling us that now? You've had hours," Jisung asked, fists balled and eyes stinging. "Do you realize that if something goes wrong that might be the last minutes we spend together? And you wanted us to talk about strategies?"

"Yes, which is why I didn't say anything until now," Chan answered, finally looking up with bloodshot eyes. "I didn't want you to be plagued with what ifs . You have to get your heads in the fight, both of you. This is nothing like fighting on Earth. Luckily we know Straya 801 the best among humans, but Kim and his minions spent twice the amount of time we did on it. They know how to fight here, we don't. So be careful, okay guys?"

Jisung and Changbin softened hearing his words, and relented. They nodded and went to hug Chan on both sides.

"Are you okay with that, hyung?" Changbin asked, eyes closing to keep the tears in. "Tell me you didn't agree to that just because I wanted to retrieve Felix personally."

" No -"

"Oh fuck, you did," Changbin groaned, hiding his face in the crook of Chan's neck.

"Well," Chan tried to explain, smiling sheepishly. "I really wanted the three of us to rescue Felix but I knew that I was needed elsewhere. So is Jisung."

Changbin hugged him tighter. "Thank you, Chan-hyung."

Chan smiled and hugged them both. "Anything for you. You don't mind, Ji, I hope?"

"I understand, don't worry. We're no longer the little soldiers we once were, are we?" Jisung chuckled and let himself be hugged longer.

"Nah, we're not," Changbin agreed. He looked up and outside, at the rising Glow. The sun was cast in morning pinks and grays. A beautiful sight. It gave him hope.

Hold on, Felix, he thought. I'm coming.

-- -- -- -- -- --

"Where are they?!" Hyunjin panted, bracing himself on his knees. Seungmin rolled his eyes and pulled him back up by the back of his collar.

"Calm down, you're making a scene," Seungmin reprimanded, apologizing to the startled scientist. "Do you know where the Trashee leader is?" he asked in Earthian speech with a small smile.

The scientist nodded and pointed to the door on their left, apparently surprised Seungmin spoke her language so well.

"Thank you miss!" Seungmin yelled, already running to pry the door open. Hyunjin followed suit.

But both stayed at the doorway. Hearing about the news was one thing but seeing him in real life, grown up and breathing...

Hyunjin couldn't believe it.

"Dong... Hyuck?" Hyunjin whispered, taking a step back.

He gaped, his eyes moving from Donghyuck to Minho by his side, to Jeongin's crying face on his laps and to Mark's still standing shellshock at the foot of the bed.

Donghyuck's eyes were stuck on Mark -- as they had been for a good part of the night while Seungmin had been there, and he knew why.

He knew that years meant nothing when it came to feelings.

He knew because Seungmin had the same look in his eyes when it came to Hyunjin.

"Well," Minho exclaimed, looking at the two newcomers with a soft smile. "I think Donghyuck and Mark have a lot of things to say to each other. Innie and I will be back later on."

Jeongin wiped his tears and nodded.

"You're right hyung, we'll talk later. When everything is over, we'll catch up," Jeongin promised, standing up. Before he left, though, he looked at his hand and smiled. He slid something off his finger and dropped it on Donghyuck's laps.

"It was yours. Hyung and I kept it safe. I think... there's someone else that should have it now," he muttered with a grin.

When he stood up, Seungmin saw it.

Donghyuck's ring.

As he welcomed Minho into his arms and the four friends exited the room, Seungmin decided to keep that picture of happiness in his mind. Because it gave him hope.

Hope that everything will turn out well for them in the end.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Chan loaded his gun and set it in the holder at his waist. His subordinates were lounging behind him on the tarmac, trying to calm themselves down and relax before the war. The glaze-like frost was crunching under his feet with each step which made him frown. That was bad. The weather will make them too noticeable. Forget the infiltration part in their mission, they had better run through the front door at this rate.

When he voiced his thoughts at a passing Hui, the man stopped for a moment to ponder on it. "You know what, that's actually not a bad idea. Kim is expecting us anyway, going through the front door might take him by surprise."

Chan stared at him incredulously.

"Well, I was actually joking, but now that you put it that way... It would give a chance to the retrieval unit to go unnoticed and unbothered. It seems like a pretty good deal."

"A risky deal," Suzy pointed out as she stepped down from a platform. She was geared from head to toe, ready to capture Kim. "We'll be the most exposed ones. Needless to say our unit's frontline will have... Little chances to make it out alive in one piece."

Chan risked a look ahead. Woojin was there, getting Luwen ready along with all the Young Wings' riders.

"I'm ready to take that risk," Chan assured, turning back to face his comrades. "But I need to tell him first."

Suzy and Hui nodded and let him go. Chan jogged toward his lover, surprising him from behind. He kissed his shoulder, hugging his waist tight.

"Sosoil," he greeted his lover.

"Sosoil Chanie."

"How are you doing?" the human wondered, eyes closing when Woojin turned around and his hand went to shake the frost flakes out of his hair.

"I'm holding up," he promised, answering the hug. "I just need to get my little brother back and then everything will be perfect."

Chan smiled tightly, heart clenching. "I want to tell him the truth. Tell him we share the same blood."

Woojin chuckled and buried his face in his neck. "You must. He'll feel complete and thrilled."

"Yeah but... I'm not sure I'll be able to."

Woojin immediately pulled back from their embrace and stared at him with wide panicked eyes.

"What do you mean?" he pressed, hoping that Chan's Straynian speech was just bad. But Chan didn't dare to meet his gaze.

"I'll be part of the unit that will capture Kim. And we're going through the front door."

Woojin's frozen arms around him showed Chan that he perfectly understood the strategy. And that he wasn't too happy about it.

"No. You can't," he whispered, eyes glazing with tears of frustration.

Chan tried to reach out, shaky hands reaching for his face. "Woojin, it's our best chance..."

Woojin leaned against his palms and nodded, resigned.

"I know. But if you fail... I will have lost both Felix and you."

Chan closed his eyes and brought their foreheads together, frost flakes catching in his lashes.

"Do you seriously think you'll get rid of me so easily? I almost let you give me up yesterday, I can't let you lose hope today," he whispered, leaning in to catch his cold lips between his own. The kiss was chaste and pure, but it held all of Chan's feelings towards his lover. He leaned back with a shaky exhale. "I need you to believe in me, Woojin."

Woojin squeezed his forearms.

"You have all my faith, love. Go and kill that man."

-- -- -- -- -- --

Jisung was tying up his shoes when he felt arms sneak their ways around his waist. Not used to such an intimate contact he stiffened and flushed, which made his oppressor laugh.

"You were not that shy yesterday."

"Minho," Jisung gasped, looking around with wide eyes. Thankfully no one else was around. "We're at work, don't say stuff that my colleagues could use to tease me."

Minho kissed his cheek in apology, though judging by his shit-eating grin, Jisung knew he was going to do it again and again and again.

Jisung turned in his arms and took a moment to properly look at the man he could now call his lover. His eyes were sparkling with a fierceness Jisung had never seen in them. Like Minho had finally begun to live in the present. And the redness in his eyes could only confort Jisung in his beliefs.

Jisung's hand gently cupped his jaw, and the human smiled when he felt Minho tremble under his touch.

"How are you?"

Minho grabbed his hand and brought it to his lips, kissing his palm tenderly. "I honestly don't know. Part of me feels thrilled, another feels like it's just a dream and at the same time I feel drained of all energy. Everything has just been going so fast these last few days, I can't keep up with so many new emotions."

"It's normal Minho," Jisung reassured, intertwining their fingers. "You're allowed to feel overwhelmed. But you're no longer alone. I'm here with you, we'll shoulder your burdens together, love."

Minho smiled, stroking his knuckles. "I'm glad you're in my life."

"Yeah, so go on. You look like you still have a lot to say," Jisung urged him to keep talking, wanting him to empty his mind to the maximum before the fight.

Minho sighed, sitting down on the couch.

"I could spend the whole day talking to be honest. I mean, Donghyuck is alive. After all these years my little brother is back home. I think I'm not really realizing it yet. It's a lot to take in. I just want to grab Donghyuck and go back to the start, when you guys came in and everything was so calm and exciting, and experience it all over again with Donghyuck in our lives. Everything would have been so much easier and more calm."

Jisung scoffed, eyes rolling as he recalled his shaky beginning on Straya. "Calm? Speak for yourself. I was scared the hell out of you and your silent treatment!"

Minho stiffened a tired laugh. "Yeah, you were pretty amusing."

"You found my fear amusing?" Jisung exclaimed incredulously, smacking Minho's shoulder. "If we were not in our current situation I would beat the hell out of you."

"Yeah, I'd like to see you try in your state," Minho commented with a raised brow, looking him up and down. "Speaking of which, what are you doing in your gear?"

Jisung turned back to his data pad hearing his words, remembering where they were.

"I'm fighting today, and before you say anything about it, my ribs are fine. Your magic water is incredible."

Minho frowned but said nothing, respecting his choice, which Jisung was very thankful for. Instead he came behind him, and hooked his chin on his shoulder, watching what he was typing.

"You're sending commands?"

"Hmm. I'm the leader of my unit. We'll be in charge of taking down their weaponry. We're thinking about burning it down with bombs but we know you guys dislike fire. So I'm looking for an alternative."

Minho thought about it for a minute and suddenly took Jisung's hand in his.

"Follow me, I know someone who can help you."

-------------

"Are you ready?" Seungmin asked Hyunjin, entering the changing room. His One was geared up in human combat attire. Chan had told them it would be better that way because their straynian fighting gear was not made to take on bullets. Felix's scar was a reminder of how true his words were.

Hyunjin sat down, shoes untied.

"As ready as I can be. What about you?" Hyunjin wondered, carding a hand in Seungmin's hair when he crouched before him.

"I'm good," Seungmin reassured him, tying up Hyunjin's shoelaces. "But I need your agreement for once thing, Hyun."

"What is it, my love?"

"I want to go fight with Chan-hyung," he revealed, eyes closing when Hyunjin's fingers froze in his hair. "I want to get Kim. For what he did to Felix, to Minho, to our family."

"Min-ah..."

"I know, I know," Seungmin grunted when Hyunjin sighed again but he still insisted. "I'm supposed to be with Minho on the fighting ground and I'm not a fighter like you or Innie. But I owe it to Felix. To you."

Hyunjin shook his head and raised his face, forcing him to look him in the eyes. "You don't owe me anything."

"I do. You my One and I will protect you. I can't forgive the man that almost made me lose you. He needs to pay. And I wanna be there when we catch him."

Hyunjin smiled and thumbed his cheekbone, just around his shiny spot. "Jae, I can't wait to marry you."

Seungmin grinned.

"So that means you're okay with it?"

"Of course. I can't stop you from doing what you want. But you have to promise me to come back safe and sound. As I said, I can't wait to marry you," he whispered, dreaming of the day Seungmin would come walking down the waterfall's boulders dressed in his family colors, and Minho would chant their blessings before their whole Clan, with each members of their families smiling in the front rows, offering them their blessings.

"I'm sorry we couldn't settle this today," Seungmin admitted, standing back up. Hyunjin followed suit.

"Don't be. I'm glad that we're going to do it properly, with our whole family there."

Seungmin took his hand to lead him out of the room.

"I can promise you that this wedding is going to be incredible. Now c'mon, I think I saw Jeongin kissing Yedam and I need the full story."

-- -- -- -- -- --

"Minho will you- slow down!!!"

Jisung buried his face into Minho's back and clenched his teeth, holding his waist tight as Midnight strode through the jungle.

Minho laughed and patted his hands reassuringly.

"We don't have time. Just hang on tight, Jisung-ah, you'll be fine," he laughed, asking his Pali to gallop faster.

Jisung glared at his nape, daring to look above his shoulder. Around them were tall ice blue trees similar to pines -- but much bigger -- with dark purple round fruits hanging from the branches. The soil was no longer mud and earth but pebble-like rocks colored black, covered with the glaze-like frost in a heavy layer. If one looked high and far enough, they'd see the huge valley ahead, devoid of any greenery and covered with frost, the caves and mountains of stone going up to humongous heights, to the point some purple and gray colored clouds hid their peaks.

Jisung gasped and leaned back, taking in the beauty of the scenary.

"Where are we?" he asked in awe, not familiar with that part of the territory. He had not noticed their exit from the Neutral territory.

"We're reaching the Taro territory," he informed Jisung, taking a turn left and exiting the forest of ice blue trees. They had reached the valley's entrance.

"Suhyun's territory?" Jisung supplied, staring in awe at the multicolored Young Wings lounging and sleeping against the rocky bluffs. In the cherry blossom-like branches sprouting from between the black pebbles on the ground were some small creatures he had never seen. They were like salamanders with iridescent black and white scales and piercing purple or pink eyes. At the end of their tail were smooth velvety pincers. Jisung wondered what their name was but a more pressing matter was occupying his mind. "Aren't you supposed to be allowed here, to enter?"

"A leader is allowed to enter any territory," Minho reminded him, slowing Midnight down as they reached a cave entrance at the heart of the valley.

"Yeah, you are allowed. Isn't she going to... I don't know, have me arrested for trespassing?" he winced, accepting Minho's aid to hop down the tall beast.

"First, if you were unwelcomed here you'd be long stopped by her sentinels and left at the territory's entrance," he enlightened Jisung, hands never leaving his waist as he guided him toward the entryway. There, two sentinels were waiting for them -- a pair of girl twins. "And second, you are allowed here. On any territory."

Jisung blushed madly in realization. Just like with yesterday and the care he was given at the hospital, he was no longer considered a mere human. He was Minho's lover. He was a leader's partner.

Dang, that would take some time to get used to.

The twins wordlessly greeted them and led the way inside. Just like Suhyun, they were calm and composed in appearance.

Jisung leaned in Minho's side and turned to whisper in his ear: "You never told me why we're here."

Minho threw him a glance but kept his face composed and stoic as more Taro Clan's members came into view. He was imposing and impressive to be honest. Jisung would have a lot to learn from him in the future.

"To ask for help. Suhyun has what it takes to get rid of their weapons without using fire... Only, I'm not sure she'll agree to it."

"Why is that-"

"Jisung!"

Jisung startled and looked back at the front, searching around for the voice that had called his name. He knew that voice... It was-

"Natee!" he beamed, taking off to meet the little girl halfway. He spinned her around, igniting some whispers all around them. "You're grown so much!"

"What are you doing here?" she asked, tugging him along God knew where.

He threw a helpless look at Minho who merely shrugged and gestured for him to tag along.

"Minho and I have come to see Suhyun," he explained, watching the cave grow larger and wider and a throne room at the back of it becoming more and more apparent. On the left throne sat Suhyun, who smiled at their entrance.

"Then come this way! She's been waiting for you!" The little girl giggled, urging him to walk faster.

"But- wait, slow down, I'm following. What are you doing here?" he asked her, stumbling on his steps.

"My sister married into this Clan a few weeks ago! We're now part of the Taro Clan," she informed him, coming to a halt before the throne. She grinned, her green eyes sparkling with joy as she bowed before her new leader. "Sosoil, Khae. I bring you the honorable Jisung."

Jisung stifled a laugh at her introduction and bowed politely at Suhyun. That little girl was too adorable for her own good.

"And his beloved partner," Minho added, coming to a stand next to Jisung, arms going back to their original position by his waist.

This time, Jisung didn't jump at the contact.

Suhyun stood up and smiled warmly at them both, her eyes crinkling. "It's my honor to receive you both on my grounds. I'm thrilled to see that you're still among us, Jisung. I'm sure you've all taken the best decision by staying on our planet."

Jisung smiled back at her. "I'm sure of that too."

Minho gazed at him fondly.

Suhyun joined them on the ground, putting a hand on both their shoulders. "What can I do for you?"

"We're planning on attacking Kim's base today," Minho informed her, gaze back to sternness.

"My men will join the fight," she announced immediately, nodding at a nearby sentinel to warn her troops.

"Thank you," Minho added quickly. "The thing is we're also planning on destroying their weaponry. Jisung will be in charge of this unit but their only mean of destruction is fire-"

"Which I know you dislike," Jisung cut in, a frown on his face. "Minho told me you could help me and my guys. Is it true?"

Suhyun's eyes sharpened. She turned to Minho, face suddenly cold and devoid of emotions.

"Why would you suggest that... You know I refuse to use this resource to do any harm, no matter the cause."

Minho grabbed her hand desperately. "Would you rather see them use fire?"

"Of course not! But... This resource is supposed to be used for the good of our people," she sighed, gaze turning pleading. "I really can't spend it on this. Especially not with the cold season arriving. We're going to need it to keep our territories warm."

Minho sighed but nodded, leaning away from her. "I understand. I hope you won't mind the fire too much, understand that it's our last resort."

Suhyun cast her eyes on the ground, a tiny nod leaving her. "Sure, I understand."

"Khae."

Everyone snapped their heads towards Natee. The girl had taken a step forward, her hand on her heart.

"Forgive me for intruding on your conversation but there's something you need to know."

"What is it?" she wondered, crouching before the child.

"I once made a Sacred Vow to Jisung," Natee revealed, igniting a gasp from the assemblee. Jisung looked around, clueless. What in the world was she talking about?

He turned to Minho in hopes for some help but the boy was staring at Natee hopefully. Okay, so he really was the only one not aware of what was going on.

"What do you mean? Speak, Natee," Suhyun ordered, thoroughly intrigued.

"Jisung once saved me from a Young Wing," she went on. "Without him I probably wouldn't be here today. So I vowed him my eternal devotion."

"But I don't remember you doing any of that," Jisung intervened, shell-shocked.

"You were passed out on the couch," Minho revealed, smirking.

"Oh shut up," Jisung grumbled, embarrassed at the recollection of his stupid bravado at the time, that had resulted in him almost losing his feets.

"You're embarrassed?" Minho taunted, pinching his waist.

Jisung elbowed him in retaliation, relishing in Minho's stiffened grunt of pain.

"By you ," he corrected, smirking victoriously. "Keep the dirty laundry home, you'd be a dear. I have black material on you too, don't forget that."

"Natee, be a dear, go on," Minho said instead with a tight smile.

"Your brother told me he was sleeping," Natee grumbled with a pout, feeling betrayed that Jeongin lied to her. "Anyway, I have nothing to add. Just make a wish, Jisung."

Everyone smiled at her innocence and Suhyun turned to Jisung with a vanquished sigh.

"You can ask her, or well, me as I'm her leader, anything you want."

Jisung promptly choked on his saliva.

He turned to Minho for help. "What do I want?"

Minho rolled his eyes and answered in his stead. "He'd like you to help us get rid of the weaponry."

Jisung almost facepalmed. Of course that was what he wanted!

"Please give us that resource you talked about. I'm begging you," he implored Suhyun, grabbing her two hands in his.

Suhyun startled but sighed.

"If that's what you really want, I can't refuse," she decided. "Follow me."

Suhyun was escorted by six sentinels during their way up the cave, leaving some space between them. Jisung took that opportunity to pull Minho aside.

"I have questions," he revealed, careful eyes imprinting his surroundings in his mind.

Minho nodded.

"Ask away."

"What is this resource?"

"Remember that energy Kim is trying to recreate with our bioluminescence? We actually have something similar and natural, steaming from the top of this valley."

"Oh. I get why she didn't want me to use it. We've seen what giving your gifts to humans has done."

Minho shook his head, intertwining their fingers. "It's not that. She trusts in humans. Suhyun is a firm believer of your species' fundamental good. Of course, she knows that some of you are undeserving of her kindness, like Kim, but she likes you guys."

"She admires Suzy a lot," Jisung commented, starting to notice a source of light at the top of the stairs.

"Suzy has done a lot for her and her older brother," Minho agreed. "The reason why Suhyun initially refused to give it to you is because she is a pacifist. She doesn't want to use the gifts our planet grants us to bad ends."

"Why did she agree then?"

"Because Natee made a Sacred Vow to you."

"She could still have refused," he insisted. "If someone asked for her to murder someone or, I don't know, harm your planet, would she?" Jisung scoffed. He couldn't believe that they would simply say amen to each demand, no matter how sacred these vows were.

"No one here would ask for such things. And if I'm being honest with you I think Suhyun was only waiting for a valid reason to accept our demand, which prompted her to say yes. As I said, she fully supports the good of mankind."

They finally reached the top and Jisung had to hold back his gasp.

In front of him was a cave full of gorgeous sharp precious stones of an ice blue shade.

"This is the resource you were talking about all along?" he asked in awe, spinning around.

"If you throw these stones onto something, it will spread around it and sort of freeze it. As minutes pass, the stones will start eating its captive until nothing is left, then resorb to a very warm steam that will evaporate into thin air," she explained to Jisung. "We usually use it to dispose of our trash and warm our homes when the cold comes in."

"Oh. That's absolutely not what I imagined you would do with it," Jisung admitted. "But it's very cool."

Suhyun smiled and gestured to the stones. "How many do you need?"

-- -- -- -- -- --

When Minho and Jisung reached the Neutral Ground, followed by an Army of Taro soldiers on foot, Palis and Young Wings, it was an army of armed soldiers composed of humans and Strays that was waiting for them. The sight made them smile.

Their two worlds, finally reunited.

"I suppose this is goodbye?" Minho sighed with a small smile, watching as Jisung climbed down Midnight.

Jisung rolled his eyes and fixed his gear. He leaned on his tiptoes and grabbed Minho's collar.

"Can you not be so dramatic?" he whispered against his lips before diving in for a deep kiss, promising many more beautiful things as soon as night would fall on Straya 801. "I'll see you for dinner."

"Jisung if something happens-"

Jisung put a finger on his lips to shut him up. "Minho, love. Nothing will happen. Fate has worked her ass off to keep us together and barely succeeded until yesterday, so don't think you're getting rid of me so soon."

Minho laughed and let him go. Getting ready to meet with his own Clan, he looked him in the eye one last time.

"I love you."

Jisung grinned, hand coming up to the feather sitting next to his dogtag. "I love you too."

Minho stared at his retreating back longingly before he set his eyes back to his troops.

"Let the war begin."

-- -- -- -- -- --

Chan's unit was slowly advancing in the jungle, the damn frost crunching under his boots. Above him, some Young Wing riders were soaring silently, keeping an eye over the horizon for any movement. Chan knew that Luwen and Woojin were among them. It reassured him. Made him feel stronger.

"CB97 for J.One and Spear B. Do you receive me?" he mumbled lowly but distinctly, mentioning for his unit to stop ten meters away from the site. Some YG soldiers were patrolling but other than that the field was clear. That shouldn't be too complicated.

" Affirmative, " both his friends responded.

"We're going to make our entrance. Your missions can start."

" Good luck, hyung, " Jisung wished him before going offline.

" Be careful, " Changbin warned him, before going offline too.

Chan smiled for a brief moment before he schooled his face to appear composed again. He turned around to face his unit.

"We're going to enter soon," he explained, nodding at Seungmin. "First, we take down these soldiers discreetly. No killing. Remember, we're trying to get the least damages possible. Once we're in, I can't guarantee your safety anymore, however. You're all volunteers, but if you want to step back in the second line, you can. No one will judge you. But now is the time to do it. Afterward, it'll be too late."

When no one made a move, Chan smiled and cracked his knuckles. "Good. Once we're in the building, one of us must find Kim no matter what. Once we do it's checkmate."

Everyone nodded and Chan pointed to the soldier on the left. "This one is mine."

Slowly but surely, his elite battalion took out the poor watchdogs. Suzy dropped the last soldier next to the other and joined them.

"He's K.O. What's next?" she asked, reloading her gun.

"Next?" Chan repeated, holding his rifle in front of him. "We enter the den."

On these words, Chan kicked the double doors open.

Immediately, dozens of armed soldiers came running at them.

"Let the party begin," Chan yelled, pulling the first trigger.

-- -- -- -- -- --

A loud gunshot echoed in the jungle. Jisung winced, not used to hearing that sound on Straya.

"I see the festivities have begun," he mused, swiftly rounding a corner. He gestured to his teammate to go left, where two patrolers were guarding the weaponry. From his field of vision Jisung could see their stock. Well, it looked like all their ammunition would be needed. Kim really was a greedy fucker.

His teammate nodded and silently knocked the two guards out, his rifle crackling sickeningly against their skulls.

Jisung mentioned his unit forward and closed the march.

"We're in," he informed his army, holding his earpiece closer to his ear as more gunshots resounded from the other side of the line. "Is everything alright?"

" Awesome ," Minho grunted, muttering a swear word in Straynian that Jisung had never heard yet. So more troops had joined the fight then. That meant that Kim was very well prepared.

"We'll get this thing to explode, it will draw their attention and some of the soldiers will leave you alone for a moment," he promised, sneaking in the weaponry, back against a cupboard.

" Please hurry, " Hui grunted, the piercing screech of a Young Wing heard from where he was.

Jisung turned them off and focused on the task at hand. One of his teammates came back jogging in front of him.

"The sector is clear, leader J.One. We can proceed," she informed him.

Jisung nodded and dropped his backpack on the floor. "Get in position. Once these crystals are thrown we have less than one minute to evacuate or we will go fried shrimps."

Without waiting for their answers, he took his own crystals and went to the furthest spot. It took him more than one minute total to get there. God, he will have to run fast.

Jisung looked at the crystals in his hands wondering if he should have told Minho of his position. As the leader of his unit it was only normal that he would take the most risks, but this... there were barely any chance he would come out unscathed.

" J.One? We're ready, " the voice of his subordinate had him focusing again. He couldn't falter. He wasn't the only one putting his life on the line here.

He hurried up the stairs and went to the furthest row.

"I'm in position. On my count. One...," he began, surveilling the room for a quicker escape. "Two," he went on, his eyes falling on a nearby window. That was the best solution although he would probably break an ankle or something. Or maybe not, seeing all the time he spent jumping from trees on this planet. "I hope you're ready... " he whispered more to himself than his crew. "Three!"

On his yell, he began taking off, throwing the first crystal stones at the stock. Jisung watched in fascination as the crystal melted into some sort of ice blue liquid that imprisoned the cupboards. What couldn't be reached would probably melt with the insufferable heat these crystals would cause.

As he reached the last few cupboards, the first waves of heat began to hit his back, sending him forward with a grunt of pain. Damn, that was scorching.

"Everyone out! NOW!" he ordered, hoping they were already on their way out. With a yell of pain as more heat reached him and burned his palm when he propped himself up the iron railing to reach the window, he took his rifle and shot the glass. With a sigh of relief, Jisung threw himself outside, uncaring of the way he would land on the ground. All that mattered was that he was out.

Luckily for him his fall was only one story high. He landed brutally on his side -- luckily unburnt -- scratching his arm and leg. His ribs were not so lucky and Jisung could feel the pain radiating in his thoracic cage. Shit. Minho will kill him.

"J. One!" his crewmates yelled, reaching him and helping him up. His second in command -- a girl by the name of Ryujin -- assessed him, looking for the injuries. "You need immediate care."

Jisung waved her off, knowing from experience that he could go on at least one more half hour. "Is everyone safe?" he asked instead, counting each of them.

"Yes. And we dropped all our ammunition. The mission is a success," she declared proudly.

Jiusng turned around and grinned, watching the whole weaponry burst in blue steam.

"Yeah, it is. A decade of research blown away. Take that in your face, Kim," he declared, smirking. "Let's go help the others in the fight."

His unit nodded and, without another word, followed him to the battleground.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Changbin was breathing heavily. Him and Mark were on edge. They could hear the rifles shooting outside and the yells of men and women. But inside the quarters they had infiltrated? It was calm. Too calm.

There were only seven infiltrees but they felt like fifty people stuffed in a small, opressing, silent room. Mark pointed to a room with a light in it. Changbin nodded and stepped inside, expecting to find it empty.

It was not.

A scientist was sitting at a desk, taking off gloves full of red blood. Human blood. Hyuna . Her baby.

Changbin saw red and armed his rifle toward the surprised scientist.

"Hands up, motherfucker," he growled, carefully advancing toward him.

The scientist obeyed him but looked bored to hell. Almost like he was wishing Changbin would actually put a bullet through his skull. Which he was considering depending on the answers this man would bring them.

"So you did come back," the scientist noted, eyes never leaving Changbin.

"What do you mean? Answer."

"That boy, the hybrid," Changbin felt his anger stir up at the way his lover was called but let the man go on. "He was adamant that you'd be back for him and the woman. I didn't believe him as I thought our kind far too flawed to be so chivalrous, yet here we are. I suppose I owe him an apology."

Changbin's hands tightened around his gun and hope began blooming in his chest again.

"I don't care about that bullshit. Where is he? What did you do to him?" he pressed, eager to reunite with Felix.

"Resting in his cell," the scientist calmly explained. "Kim had him through a pretty rough electroshock cession early in the morning, but the woman began having contractions so-"

His words were interrupted by the fist colliding with his jaw, sending a jet of blood and a tooth out of his mouth. The scientist hissed in pain and cupped his mouth, looking for once more awake.

"Damn, that's what you call a punch," he grumbled, spitting some blood on his desk.

Changbin grabbed his collar, shaking with rage all over. If eyes could kill, the scientist would be ashes by now.

"You bastard, you harmed my Felix! I'll kill you!"

"Changbin!" Mark's voice interrupted his rage, the boy bursting into the room after having heard all the yelling. "We need him to tell us where they are. Don't do something you would regret."

Changbin let him go with a yell of rage, taking a few steps away to refrain from harming the man further.

"Tell us where they are," Mark ordered, cocking his gun against his temple.

The scientist remained unbothered. "As I was saying, he is in his cell. With the woman and her baby. You have ten minutes before Kim take them away to his own personal torture room."

"I think he'll be too busy to do anything," Mark commented between gritted teeth, shuddering in horror at the thought of what Kim had planned.

"So it seems," the scientist agreed, eyes closing. "The cell is the first door on the left. The code is A029. Now, please, get it done with."

Mark snorted, watching Changbin take off toward the door. "Why are you so eager to die?"

"Because I did what I had to do to survive in this jungle but I can't live with it. I'm a grown up, so I owe up to my actions and wrongdoings, and to atone for my sins I see no better route than that of death."

Mark actually felt a drop of pity for the human. Kim had made them do his bad deeds, rendering them criminals. Mark closed his eyes.

"May you find peace in your other life," he whispered, finger pressing against the trigger.

A gunshot resonated in the air, this time from inside the facility.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Yedam grunted as he was sent flying off Chittaprr and onto the ground. A tree branch scraped his chin and his wrist landed in an awkward position. Great. Just great.

Quickly sitting up, he kicked the human's gun away from his hand. He grabbed the weapon and gutted the man with it, before sending his head slamming against a tree trunk. The man collapsed on the ground and Yedam looked at the tree trunk with sorrow in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you," he whispered to the tree, quickly turning around when another man came at him with a -- honestly -- ridiculous warcry.

Yedam ducked but the man was swifter than he expected. The brute grabbed him by the shoulders and sent him flying a few meters away, his knee taking a crucial hit this time. Jae, he had already taken down thirty soldiers single handedly today, couldn't Fate have mercy on him?

As he made to sit up, wincing when his injured wrist had to hold up too much weight, the brute came charging at him with a spear he picked up nearby. Shit he was too fast. That was going to hurt.

Yedam got in position so that his shoulder would take the blow in the two seconds he had left and shut his eyes tight, breathing in.

Nothing came.

Yedam snapped his eyes open and gasped.

Jeongin was crouching in front of him, a fuming gun held tight in his right hand, his other one turned into a fist to manage the pain his bloody shoulder was giving him, the spear lodged in it. The brute was lying down, a hole leaking blood in between his two eyes.

Jeongin staggered and fell on his ass.

"Jeongin!" Yedam yelled, ignoring the pain in his knee and wrist as he caught the boy in his arms. He caged him against his chest, watching with tears in the eyes as he gargled in blood. Yedam hurriedly pulled the spear away from the wound, igniting a yell of pain from his beloved. He quickly took off his orange fox fur to wrap it around the wound. Jeongin stayed silently crying in his arms. "Don't worry, the injury is superficial. You'll be alright," he promised, genuinely relieved that there was not much damage.

Jeongin mumbled something but Yedam didn't get it. Instead he whistled and Chittaprr ran over, protected from above by Woojin and his Young Wing. "Take him back to the base, to a healer."

"I'll watch over him!" Woojin yelled from above, getting ready to escort Jeongin back.

Yedam nodded gratefully at his older friend and then maneuvered Jeongin onto the Pali's back, smiling sadly when he saw more blood slipping past the fur.

"At least now we share a scar. That will be a nice story to tell, I guess... Though I wish you didn't have to suffer for me," he admitted, leaning in to press a kiss in the crown of his head. He let go and patted his Pali's neck. "Now go."

With that, Yedam returned to the fight, more determined than ever to take down those who had dared harm his One.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Jisung ran on site, ducking and shooting in some limbs here and there. His back and his hands were no longer burning him, thanks to the adrenaline rushing through his veins at the moment. But he knew that one hit from someone and the pain would be pure agony. He had to find Minho. He could fight well with Minho and be on a horse, out of fatal reach.

As he was shooting a woman in the foot, ensuring she could no longer walk, a flash of blue entered his field of vision.

Minho .

"Minho... Minho!" he exclaimed, running toward him. But his lover showed no reaction. That's when Jisung realized that he was passed out on Midnight's back, ran after by a man aiming his gun at his head. Jisung's heart missed a beat.

"Oh hell no... "

With a furious yell, Jisung launched himself toward the man at a speed he never knew he possessed, kicking the gun away from his hands and punching him square in the face. The man landed on the floor and tried to grab him in the fall. And Jisung let him do exactly that, taking this opportunity to take his knife out of his gear and slam it into his stomach.

The man yelled in agony, trying to shove it away, but Jisung only pressed it further and harder into him. He looked him in the eyes, all his furor and hatred visible.

"I didn't hit any vital organs. If you live or die is up to Fate and your comrades," he declared, standing back up. Midnight had trotted toward him, diligently waiting for him to protect his partner. Jisung smiled at the creature and secured Minho tightly onto its back. He began climbing on it as well. "Let's go Midnight. I think I'm seeing Hyunjin on Fayre over there, let's fight with him-"

His words were cut when a heavy hand pulled him off the Pali from behind and onto the ground. Jisung moaned in agony, his burned flesh coming in contact with the rough, dirty glaze on the ground. The hand tightened on his throat and Jisung tried to hit his assaliant. The assaliant didn't relent, dodging his hits and blocking his hands above his head. Jisung gargled on his saliva and tried to kick him, to no avail. His vision began blurring and he screamed, voice barely coming out.

Shit.

His eyes fell to the left, where Midnight was backing off, protecting a passed out Minho.

"Minho..." he groaned, blocked fingers trying to reach for his vanishing figure.

His vision faded to white.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Changbin carefully maneuvered through the mini jungle, fearful of whatever Kim's sick self could have put in it. Mark was by his side, looking as thoughtful and wary as he was.

The jungle was calm, no sign of life so far. Which worried Changbin a great deal. Could that motherfucking scientist have lied to them?

Just as this eventuality began to take root in his brain, Mark gasped and left his side.

"Hyuna!" he exclaimed, not caring any longer to be discreet as a wave of relief hit the whole unit. She was alive and breathing, although undoubtedly drained physically and emotionally.

Changbin ran after him, gently helping him wake her up from her made-up bed of leaves. When her eyes fluttered open, she gasped, and coughed, and reached out to feel them, feel that they were there, her eyes welling up with tears.

"You're here, oh Jae you're here! You didn't abandon us, he was right, he was right..." she mumbled like a mantra, hiding her face in Mark's neck as she held him close, longing for that reality.

"Where is your baby?" Mark immediately asked, looking around. "And Felix?"

Changbin looked at her hopefully. She had to know, right?

Hyuna weakly pointed at a tree, ten meters away. "He hides in here, he protects my baby... He was so brave, without him I wouldn't have lasted!" she cried, hugging Mark tighter. "They damaged him so badly, I'm so sorry, I couldn't do anything, they were menacing the baby! I'm so sorry!"

Changbin kissed her head tenderly. "It's not your fault, don't apologize. You are alive and that's all that matters. We'll protect you now."

Hyuna nodded and looked at him, her bloodshot eyes holding all her feelings of gratitude and pain. "He is afraid. They tried telling him he was alone and no one loved him, so be careful. With the baby he's grown even more protective."

Changbin's heart broke in thousands of tiny pieces. The love of his life, alone and unloved? How broken and pained Felix must have felt...

Holding back his tears, Changbin slowly approached the tree, now hidden from everyone. This scene oddly reminded him of their first encounter. Except Felix had been intrigued and eager to see him. Now, Changbin couldn't even perceive him in all that thick foliage. His heart tightened. Was Felix scared of him?

Changbin stopped in his tracks, desperately looking around for a sign, or something. Surely a part of Felix still wanted him close by, right? A part of him wasn't afraid of him, right?

From the corner of his eyes, Changbin saw the leaves move. Changbin slowly turned around, relief, longing, love and pain hitting him like a tidal wave at the sight of his familiar freckled face and gorgeous golden hazel shiny eyes.

"Cub..." he called out in a whisper, voice breaking with tears.

His lover was there. After days without him, he was there. Shaking, battered and hurt, but breathing and still as breathtaking as ever.

At his voice, which probably sounded loud and foreign after spending days in seclusion, Felix recoiled in his tree, eyes wide in panic.

Changbin's heart broke further if possible.

Changbin reached out tentatively in front of him, the trembling Stray curled up on himself, shivering and hissing the more he approached.

"Felix, please. Don't push me away..." he muttered, his fingers reaching closer to the branch where the boy was crouched.

At the mention of his name, the younger raised his puffy eyes from his arm and settled his gaze on the human in front of him. At the sight, Changbin felt his heart break. How could someone so beautiful be reduced to such a state? Who would be so cruel as to do that?

With the shine of the artificial astre Kim had created to reproduce the lightning on Straya 801 in the dark night, Felix exposed skin started to let its glowing white moles shine duly. Being only half Stray, Felix hadn't many glowing spots on his skin. But the few he had were always enough to mesmerize the human in front of him. Each time he saw them it never failed to reduce him to silence.

Felix was so gorgeous.

Staring at the boy, Changbin's eyes caught the trembling of his jaw and that made him clench his own. It reminded him of why he was searching for the boy at first.

Changbin settled his gaze back on his warm hazelnut-golden shiny eyes. He extended his long fingers once more.

"Lix... don't be afraid. Not of me, please," he softly pled and watched as the boy's gaze seemed to shift to his extended hand. Taking it as a signal, he slowly took a step closer to the Stray. "You know me. You trust me," he said carefully, watching the boy's eyes well up again, arm extending slowly.

Changbin breathed in deeply. He knew that for once, just this once more he had to let go of his shield and show the boy what he meant to him.

"Felix, please. I need you in my arms now," he whispered in the silent night and he heard Felix breath hitch in shock.

He looked up to the boy and felt his fingers brush against his own. Without wasting any time, Changbin grabbed onto his hand and pulled the boy forward into his arms.

Felix jumped off of his tree branch and threw his sobbing self around the human. His legs wrapped themselves around the boy's waist, the latter supporting him with one arm under his butt. The Stray's arms found themselves around the elder's shoulder, gripping his shirt with strong but trembling fingers, face buried in his neck while he cried his heart out.

"Changbin... Changbin," Felix kept mumbling, as if to convince himself he was really with him.

The human's free hand found itself gripping the boy's head and pressing it strongly into his neck.

"Yes, my love, it's me. I'm here," he muttered in his ear, to try and calm him down. He sighed deeply in relief and buried his own head in the crook of Felix's neck in return, sometimes rubbing his nose up and down along the shell of his left ear and neckline to sooth the hysterical boy. He was so relieved that the younger had let him in, for he couldn't stand to watch him hurt.

"They told me I was alone, and I tried not to believe it but they almost got me," he whimpered, frustration visible in his hoarse and trembling voice. Hearing the boy's whimpers, Changbin held him closer to himself and felt the boy grip his shirt tighter.

"Shhhh Lix, I'm here," he muttered comfortingly. "No one will ever talk to you like that again, I swear. No one will," he growled in the dark of the night, tightening his hold onto his lover. Felix finally relaxed in his embrace.

He shifted the boy in his arms and brushed the shell of Felix's ear with his lips, kissing it softly, almost as if simply brushing it.

"I won't let them. You are not different, a shame for the Clan or whatever. You are unique and beautiful Felix. You are no disgrace. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Cause I fucking won't stand it, d'you hear me? Everyone loves you and is standing with you. You are not alone. And I fucking love you."

His confession had Felix look him in the eyes, a reflection of his feelings visible in his own ones.

Changbin wasted no time initiating a chaste kiss, hoping to convey all he felt without startling Felix. And it seemed to work since Felix pressed back. Changbin smiled against his lips and pulled back, keeping their foreheads close together.

"C'mon, let's get the hell out of here- oh, wait, the baby! Is it okay?" Changbin worried, letting Felix climb down. Felix smiled, tiny but genuine. He walked to the tree and picked up a small bundle from its nest.

The baby. It was sleeping but apparently healthy and happy.

"It's a boy. His name is Elijah," Felix revealed as they walked back toward the group, Felix keeping close to Changbin, still too intimidated by all these people after the mental torture he went through.

"I think it's a wonderful homage," Changbin praised, smiling at the tired mother. "Let's get him to safety, so his actual uncle Elijah-Hui can meet him."

Everyone laughed at his words and it lightened the mood.

"Everyone, we've got the hostages. We're proceeding the extraction," Mark informed the army through his mic. He nodded at Changbin and the other soldiers. "Let's go."

Changbin offered to hold the baby as Felix and Hyuna were obviously too weak and unarmed. He looked at the two of them sternly.

"No matter what, you stay inside our circle, alright? We will protect you. I promise you we'll get you out of there."

Felix and Hyuna nodded, holding each other's hands.

Changbin turned back around and pushed the door open. He looked down at the bundle in his arms. The baby was still sleeping soundly, unaware of the war waging around him. So much hope in one little being. Changbin would protect him. He would protect them all.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Chan shielded his face as the glass ceiling exploded from above him.

"Who in the world is the goddamned idiot that shot the ceiling?!" he exclaimed, wincing from the nasty cuts piercing his skin.

"I don't know but he did some heavy damages!" Seungmin yelled from his left, gesturing to the mess behind them. Soldiers from both sides were impaled on the ground by wide shards of glass, a pool of blue and red blood forming around them. Chan felt the bile rise in his throat. Seungmin was about to go check on them but Chan grabbed his arm.

"Chan we have to-" Seungmin began but Chan urged him to shut up, tugging him forward.

"Look, the cost is clear. We gotta go now or we might not ever march forward," he huffed, the pain from the incessant fighting finally getting to his muscles. Everyone was too shaken by the ceiling breaking to notice their escape. They had to ceize the opportunity.

Seungmin saw his struggles and decided to take the lead, supporting Chan's body by putting his arm around his waist.

"Upstairs?" he asked, walking the stairs two by two.

"Upstairs. Then take the left corridor-"

Chan's words were cut short by the searing pain he felt slashing his back.

Seungmin gasped and followed him as he fell to his knees. He could feel something warm running down his arm. Blood . Quick footsteps reached his ears.

"Chan watch out!" he yelled, head snapping behind them. His arm rose, shielding them from the kick the YG soldier tried to aim. Seungmin growled and took advantage of being higher than him on the staircase to strongly punch his side and send him tumbling down a few steps. He turned back to Chan and assessed the damages on his back. It seemed quite bad. The cut ran deep, from his left shoulder to his right hip. Chan's face was closed off, beads of sweat rolling down his skin. "Can you walk?" he asked him, trying to pull him up to his feet.

Chan grunted and immediately fell back on his knees. "Fuck- just go. I'll manage."

"What? No way," Seungmin dissmissed, turning around to grab his gun and shoot the shoulder of the YG soldier creeping up on them. "Take that, Yehshik."

Chan grabbed his arm, bloody fingers digging in his jacket painfully. He was growing paler. Seungmin didn't like that one bit.

"Seungmin. You have to go on. Get that fucker. We're probably the only ones left," he mumbled, eyeing the mess downstairs. Hundreds of soldiers were lying in the facility's hall and outside, a few fifty or so from each side still hanging on. The sight was awfull, blood everywhere, Palis and Young Wings bleeding out with the men and women. "We don't have much time left. Kim might already have gotten away."

"Chan-" Seungmin begged, eyes welling up.

" Please . Go!" Chan exclaimed, pushing him upstairs.

Seungmin caught himself on the railing and stared at Chan pleadingly. But Chan refused to meet his gaze, taking hold of his own gun and sitting up properly to aim at whoever would come this way. A pool of blood was forming from under him, growing with each seconds.

Seungmin cursed and tore his eyes away from the scene.

"Stay alive!" he ordered, running up the stairs and taking the left.

Once Seungmin was out of sight, Chan breathed out, relieved. One more second and Seungmin would have stayed with him, Chan knew it. He was begining to see black spots. Shit, that wasn't good. He had to cover Seungmin's back.

A soldier came running up the stairs and Chan shot him. But his shaky hand made him miss his target.

"Fuck..." he moaned in despair, trying to aim again. Nothing happened. His gun was out of bullets. Chan felt his eyes widen as the soldier aimed his own gun at him. No . That couldn't be the end. Chan turned around, backfacing him, and tried to crawl up the stairs. He couldn't go down now. Jisung, Changbin, Woojin , they needed him-

BANG!

Chan shut his eyes tight, expecting the worst.

But he felt no pain.

Why?

Chan fluttered his eyes back open in confusion and jumped on the spot, terrified, when another gunshot was heard. He slowly turned back around, forgetting the pain in his back for a moment.

His heart dropped in his chest.

"No..." he whispered, eyes burning with tears. He scrambled down the stairs on all fours, spraining his wrist on the way. But Chan couldn't care less. Because standing unmoving next to the dead YG soldier was...

"E'Dawn!" he screamed, throat burning as blood managed to force its way out from his mouth. He coughed and landed on his chest next to his comrade and friend. Chan grabbed E'Dawn's leg with his valid hand and pushed himself forward, reaching the man's face. He looked at his chest. A bullet was lodged in his left lung, blue blood oozing out of the wound. Chan screamed and held him close. "No, no, no, no !" he cried, shaking him awake.

E'Dawn remained unmoving.

"No, you can't-" Chan sniffled, grabbing his face desperately, trying to get those unfocused eyes away from the sky above and on him instead. "You can't take a bullet for me and leave your wife and child, d'you hear me?! Wake up, damnit!" he roared, voice stranded and throat and chest hurting. "Fuck, wake up! No, E'Dawn, please..."

Chan could no longer go on, the tears in his throat getting to much. Hyuna. The baby. They were rescued. But E'Dawn was gone.

" E'DAWN! "

Chan's broken cry resonated in the whole facility. But E'Dawn didn't wake up.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Minho fluttered his eyes open.

What was happening, here?

He could hear loud screams and the sound of weapons. He squeezed his eyes shut and opened them again, trying to see the world around him. Men. Women. Fighting.

And it all came back to him.

Minho gasped and sat up straight on Midnight, the beast neighing wildly when it saw its partner finally awake.

Minho hopped down from him, grabbing his spear. And his blood ran cold when he saw a man strangling his One.

"Jisung-ah," he called out breathlessly.

Eyes darkening, he gripped his spear tightly. He aimed it. And let it go.

It pierced the man's skull.

He fell down, unmoving, crushing Jisung of his weight.

Minho ran to them, blood buzzing in his body in fear and adrenaline. He kicked the brute away and craddled Jisung on his laps.

His chest was rising and falling steadily.

Tears ran down Minho's cheeks.

"Jisung... Oh, Jisung-ah," he whispered in relief, holding him close. "Thank Jae..."

He whistled Midnight over, gently picking up Jisung in his arms. He lowered him on his partner and secured him on his sturdy back. "Bring Jisung back to the base. Find a healer. Then come back to me, Midnight," he demanded, hugging his Pali's neck tight.

The gorgeous beast neighed and took a step back. It looked Minho in the eyes, their piercing redness a familiar sight that reassured Minho and gave him courage.

"Go. I'll be alright," he promised, smiling.

Midnight turned around at his words and galloped fast through the jungle.

Minho picked up his spear, watching them leave the scene.

"Thank you for protecting me."

Minho turned around and rejoined the fighting grounds by Hyunjin's side.

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

Changbin and his teammates were running up the corridors trying to get closer to safety. But with each steps the exit seemed to grow further away. To be completely honest, now that he had Felix back in his arms, he wanted nothing more than to get him to safety and go find Kim to massacre him.

Through their whole journey, Changbin couldn't help but sneak peeks at Felix. The boy always had his eyes on him already. Changbin felt warm, knowing that he was an anchor for him.

As they were turning right, a gunshot was heard. Everyone fell back, their backs pressed against the wall. Changbin couldn't helpt but shift the baby in one arm, his free hand going to clasp Felix's one. The boy let out a shaky exhale when their skin met, obviously terrified and relieved.

Mark dared a look and came back in position really fast, the bullet missing him by a hair. He gulped and hardened his gaze.

"There is at least five shooters," he announced, looking Changbin in the eyes. "They are blocking our exit."

Changbin cursed and held Felix's hand tighter. How was he going to get him out if these armed motherfuckers were blocking their only exit?

"Last time, Yedam and I managed to get away by taking that corridor," Mark explained, pointing to the door on the opposite side of their exit. In other words, at the other end of the corridor they couldn't access. Which meant... "Changbin, you go with the hostages. Protect them and guid them upstairs. There you take the left and you'll arrive in a lobby. From there on, I trust you'll find a suitable exit. We'll create a diversion."

Changbin immediately shook his head, refusing to abandon his commarades to a most certain death.

Mark snorted. "Oh, please give us some credits. We'll meet after all of this has ended."

"Mark... You're a leader you can't- and Donghyuck! You've barely reunited!" he protested, eyes growing wider as he heard the YG soldiers approach.

Mark smiled and lifted his left hand, where a sun ring lay. Donghyuck's ring.

"And I'm doing this for him. Now go!" he ordered, stepping out and into the corridor, followed by their five other teammates, meeting the shooters head on.

Changbin cursed but knew every seconds mattered. He shoved Hyuna forward and pulled Felix along with him, securing the baby in his arm.

"Run! No matter what, don't stop!" he ordered, letting go of Felix for him to run at the front with Hyuna. They all looked behind, wincing when Changbin managed to shoot some soldiers down. "Look in front of you! Reach that door! Your only focus is that fucking door!" he yelled, hurrying them to march forward.

Hyuna pulled the door open with a grunt, recognizing these grounds now. She held it open for Felix and Changbin.

"Hurry, climb those stairs! I know the way!" she screamed, shoving Felix in. Changbin turned back around with a huge sigh of relief. He held the baby closer and hurried up, eyes going back to Felix, believing he was close enough to the doors and safety.

He didn't see the gun rasing to aim at his head from the very back of the room, his teammates too preocupied with other soldiers to realize who that woman was trying to aim.

But Hyuna did.

Her eyes widened.

She looked at Changbin, then at her baby in his arms.

"No..." she whispered.

Without thinking it further, Hyuna stepped out and shoved Changbin into the room, her body going to stand before his back.

Her body fell limp against Changbin's back.

Changbin froze, and so did Felix.

He slowly turned around.

Hyuna was laying limp on the ground, her hand reaching out for her baby as blood flew out of her gargling mouth and the wound in her stomach.

Felix yelled and hurried down the stairs, sliding Hyuna away from the open doors and tugging Changbin away from it too. They crouched in a dark corner, the boys watching in horror as Hyuna grazed the cheek of her baby with trembling fingers, hear chest moving up and down at an alarming speed.

"My baby," she whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks. The baby began crying. "Omma protected you 'till the end."

Felix hurriedly removed his shirt and pressed it on her wound, shaking his head in denial. "No, no, no, everything will be alright. We'll save you, they'll stitch you back up-"

Hyuna ignored him and shifted her eyes to the frozen Changbin.

"Don't cry," she croaked out. Changbin blinked, finally noticing that his cheeks were wet. He was crying? "It's not your fault. You protected my son well. Thank you."

"I'm so sorry..." he managed to say, fully knowing that she had already lost too much blood.

"What are you saying? She's gonna be alright!" Felix yelled, both hands now stamping her wound, the cloth growing more warm and red with the seconds.

Hyuna smiled and put her free hand on his own two. Felix's breath hitched and he choked on tears, refusing to meet her eyes.

"Please, keep watching over my son? Both of you?" she begged, voice growing thiner. Her eyes were begining to lose their focus, making Changbin's heart clench.

"I promise you... I promise you I will," Felix swore, sniffling. When he looked up, Hyuna's eyes were still. The hand on his was now unresponsive, sliding down her stomach when he made to move his two own. Felix whimpered, bloody fingers hovering the wound. "Hyu-Hyuna?"

Changbin grabbed his side, pulling him in. He kissed his temple, fresh tears wetting Felix's skin.

"It's over, love. She's gone," he whispered, eyes squeezing shut when Felix cried out.

The door was slammed open ten seconds later and Mark came bursting in, blue blood meddling with red one on his combat gear and face. Along with him were only two soldiers, a man and a Stray.

They all came to a stop before the sight, their collective gasp making Changbin look up.

He shook his head silently.

Mark slumped against the wall, breath catching in his throat. He pressed his forearm against his eyes, his fist punching the wall behind him.

"Fuck..." he groaned, a hiccup escaping him.

Changbin looked at him in defeat. He took his mic and turned it on.

"To all units. Hostage number two is... gone . Over."

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

Seungmin stopped in his run, air leaving his lungs.

Had he heard Changbin right? Was Hyuna really... dead ?

Seungmin stumbled over, barely catching himself onto the wall. He couldn't believe it. His mind pictured Suzy, JYP and E'Dawn, their faces hearing his words, their pain and rage.

A sob escaped his throat. He tried to stiffen it, but it didn't work.

"Seungmin!"

He looked up, surprised to find Hui running towards him. The man was fuming. No . He was broken. He had tears all over his face, his skin was red with rage and his gun was almost bending in his palm.

"Follow me," Hui simply ordered, walking past him at a worrying speed. "I know where the motherfucker is. Let's make him pay. For harming both of our families."

Seungmin wiped his tears and grabbed his own gun tight. Hyunjin's body under the wardrobe came sitting next to Hyuna's smiling face in his mind. It made him burn with rage.

Without another word, he followed Hui.

Kim was a dead man.

-- --

Hui kicked the door open and Seungmin stepped inside, raising his gun head on at the man sitting in the chair.

"Kim!"

Kim was backfacing them, looking at his smoking weaponry and the battlefield through his window-wall. But Seungmin could see through the reflexion that he was unarmed. It didn't make him drop his weapon. The only thing plaguing his mind were the images of the pain he had made his family go through.

"Congratulations, you've ruined a decade of hard work," Kim praised, slowly turning around. He was unamused but showed no sign of agressivity.

Seungmin didn't care. Just seeing his face was enough for him to pull the trigger. The man grunt in pain, hand coming to cage his right biceps in pain.

"I had no idea Strays had changed their way of greeting people," he managed to gasp out through the waves of pain he felt. "I didn't think you'd have the guts for that, if I'm being honest."

"Hands up, monster," Hui ordered, uncaring, slowly walking closer to the man. "Don't try to get any weapon."

"Hello to you too, Elijah ," Kim greeted with a smirk, though obeying the man, the bullet in his arm making the process excrutiating for him. It made Seungmin and Hui's hearts swell in hapiness. "But I suppose you don't go by that name?" he went on, taunting, trying to keep the face. "Don't worry about the weapons, there's none here. What use could I have of it? You guys won the minute you set fire to my weaponry. I should try to reduce my sentence to the least damages possible."

"I think that's too late for that. And the name's Hui. My partner was called Hyuna. Remember these names because that's the last faces you'll see before you die," Hui declared coldly, his finger closing around the trigger.

Before he could fire, the door burst open behind them, however.

"Hui! Don't!" Suzy yelled, running over them and tearing the gun away from his hand. Hui stared at her in shock, arms frozen in position as she hugged him tight. "You're not like him. Killing him won't make her comeback," she hushed him, her own face contorted in pain.

"He has to pay for what he did," Hui gritted out, a fresh wave of tears hitting his face.

"And he will. But not like this," she promised, wiping away the wetness from his cheeks.

JYP stepped in, bloodied from head to toe, his face cold and devoid of emotions.

"He'll be sent back on Earth with his subordinates and judged in adequation," he revealed, not codoning murder. "Kim, by Earthian decree, I thereby arrest you and sentence you to go back on Earth, never to come back here."

Two men came in and roughly grabbed Kim, shoving his face down the desk and his arms behind his back, igniting a pained yell from him. JYP smirked, feeling like he deserved it.

Seungmin watched in shock as the men cuffed Kim, unable to drop his arms. Was it really over?

Arms wrapped around his waist from behind, making him jump on the spot and drop his gun.

A kiss was dropped on his shoulder.

"It's okay, Seung. You're okay, now," Hyunjin promised, rocking him.

Seungmin turned around in his embrace and burried his face in his neck, letting go of all his emotions.

"Hyunjin-ah," he mumbled over and over, finsting his jacket.

"I know love, I know," he sighed against his temple. "It's over."

He watched the men take Kim away for good this time. He smiled.

"We're finally at peace."

-- -- -- -- -- --

Night had fallen over Straya 801. The aster was shining down the planet, reflecting on the frost, cold flakes pouring down the sky. The bioluminescence was vivid tonight, as if the world was celebrating Kim's defeat. The man had embarqued on a ship in the late afternoon, on a one way trip to Earth, never to be seen again.

Minho joined CL, Suhyun and Mark by the Grand Tree, dressed in silver and blue robes and dark blue leather pants, a silver crown sitting atop his head. In his hands was a green Lubia, dully shining. He smiled at his friends and turned to the four Clans reunited before them.

"Thank you for all being here tonight," Minho began, meaning what he said. "I know that today has been particularly terrible for many. But we stayed together, united as one with the humans, and won!"

The Strays yapped at that, some pumping the air and jumping on the spot.

"You can all be proud!" CL added, stepping forward, dressed in her own green and copper dress, the copper crown sitting proudly on her braided hair. "Fighters, Ridders, Flyers, Healers and Guardians! This victory is yours!"

The four Clans cheered loudly at her words, causing smiles to bloom over each leader's face.

"When we will tell this story to our children and grandchildren, it will inspire them! They will be proud," Mark stated, his yellow and black outfit matching his golden crown. "To the new harmony between us and humans!" he declared, holding his orange Lubia high in the sky, everyone joining him.

"And to the fallen souls, humans or Strays, who fought valliantly! May their names be forever remembered and Jae welcome them in his arms," Suhyun added, lowering her white Lubia in the water at her feet, the pale white and pink dress flowing in the wind, flakes of frost hitting her rosegold crown.

The Strays in every Clans echoed her words, each lowering their Lubias into the lake, until it was filled with a caleidoscope of shining flowers. The four leaders brought their hands to their foreheads and then toward the lake and tree, thankfull and full of blessings. Their Clans followed their leads.

That night, the Grand Tree shone bright on Straya 801, honoring all the wariors, Strays and Men alike.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Felix fluttered his eyes open. For a solid ten seconds, he thought he was still in the jungle. But the beeping sound on his left reminded him that he was safe and sound, inside SM facilities. His hand was still warm. Changbin had been there all along. In between moments of consciousness, Felix had felt his presence.

Felix smiled. His loved one came back for him. Felix wanted to feel him. Now.

Slowly sitting up, he got rid of the mask over his face and pushed the bedcovers away from his body.

"Jae, I've lost too much weight," he commented, looking at his body in discontentment.

He slipped on his slippers and exited his room. The facility was silent, everyone probably resting. Earlier, when they had stumbled out of YG facilities, the fight had been long over but the sight that had greeted him... The battlefield was worst than he would have imagined.

Felix chased the memory away and resumed his walk. At the end of the corridor, a light was still on. Felix marched toward it, hoping to find someone that could tell him where to find Changbin.

"Excuse me, do you know... where..." Felix trailed off by the door, eyes never leaving the backside of the man he could recognize between thousands.

Changbin turned around and grinned at him. "Hey there."

Felix grinned back and stepped inside, diving straight into Changbin's warm embrace. "Hey, Binnie..."

Changbin nuzzled his head and breathed in his scent, arms secured tightly around his waist. God, Felix was really there with him. "Are you sure you should be out of bed?" he wondered in worry, eyeing his lover for any signs of pain.

Felix didn't answer him, instead diving in for a kiss. Changbin didn't waste a second and pressed his lips harder against Felix own, moving in rythme with him, tongue pursuing Felix's one. The kiss was messy and he could feel Felix growing out of breath, but Changbin didn't care. He pressed harder, refusing to let go. He had wanted that so badly.

"Fuck, I missed you," he mumbled against his lips, finally letting the boy breath again.

"I can feel that," Felix gasped, stroking his nape fondly. His lips were bruised and red and Changbin made to kiss him again. Felix pressed his palm against his mouth before he could.

"I promise you you'll get to kiss me all you want by tomorrow. But right now I'm spent. Please, have mercy on me."

Changbin shook his head to clear his mind and focus back on his lover's state. "I'll hold you to that. Are you alright?"

Felix tiredly chuckled.

"I'm alright. If anything I'm starving," he pointed out, engraving Changbin's each and every features in his mind with his eyes. "How is the rest?" he asked, a knot rising in his stomach at the prospect of his family hurting.

"Chan's injury has been treated. He's been put in artificial sleep for now, to recover. He will be okay but left with a nasty scar. Woojin hasn't left his side since then, but you're brother is okay. A few scratches here and there, that's all."

Felix felt a wave of relief crash over him.

"I'll go see him later," he promised himself, the prospect of seeing his brother after all this time making him feel thrilled and impatient. "And the others?"

"Seungmin, Minho and Hyunjin are alright," he explained with a small smile. "Jeongin is doing well too, he's just got a sprained ankle and a nasty scar on his shoulder. But nothing that was infected thankfully."

"And Jisungie?" Felix pressed on, eyes wide with worry.

Changbin winced, looking suddenly guilty, helpless and hurt at the same time. "This idiot always has a tendancy to hurt himself in the worst ways possible. His back was badly burned and infected, and his ribs -- once again -- broken. Oh, and I forget about his sprained wrist. And wounded throat."

Felix's jaw fell to the ground. How in the world could one manage to get that deep into shit?

Changbin saw his expression and quickly waved his hands in front of him. "But he's okay! He's been put in artificial sleep as well and all his injuries are being properly treated! Minho is making sure of that -- the dude barely even agreed to leave his side for the ceremony."

Felix chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Minho and his eternal devotion. Though, he deserves his peace for all he's gone through," he conceded with a grin, wrapping his arms around his lover's neck, eyes darting behind him. "What are you doing in the nursery?"

Changbin turned to look at the glass wall, a fond but sad smile over his lips. "I tried not to come here but... I can't stay too far away from Hyuna's son."

Felix stilled in his hold, images still too vivid in his mind. He held Changbin close, making sure he felt he was there for him.

"It's not your fault."

"I know. We tried our best. But we did promise her we'd take care of him. I feel like that's the least I can do for her."

Felix felt his heart melt at his lover's words. He recalled how, back at Kim's, he had taken the baby from the medics and ran high into the trees, where no one but a Stray could reach. Hyuna had been so thankful and Felix had promised her to protect her son at all costs. And now that both her and E'Dawn were gone...

"I couldn't agree more," he admitted, eyes falling on the sleeping baby. "He looks like her."

"Right?" Changbin agreed, his smile turning into a grin.

"How are we gonna do that?" Felix asked, watching the baby suckle his dummy in his sleep, unaware of everything that happened today.

"I thought about Hui, first. He was the closest to the couple... But you should see him... I think it will take years before he comes around."

Felix frowned. "What about Suzy?"

"She has other plans that involve her finally getting her happy ending," Changbin revealed softly, and Felix understood immediately.

"That's wonderful," he stated, genuinely glad for her. He thought she deserved it. "JYP?" he half-joked, knowing that the kid's grandfather was too old and busy to fully take care of a newborn.

"I wouldn't dream of it," Changbin snickered, thinking of the ugly sweaters the old man would make Elijah wear. "Heck, even his parrot would do a better job."

Felix giggled at his comment, leaning his head on his shoulder as he stared at the baby. His features were a reflection of his birth mother. Would he share some of his father's straynian features as well? Just like Felix shared these features with his own?

"He did raise two incredible daughters," Felix commented, intertwining their fingers.

Changbin brought them to his lips, kissing his knuckles softly.

"That, he did."

-- -- -- -- -- --

"I can't believe it's finally over."

Minho turned his head right and smiled at his best friend.

"Are you saying this because you were despairing to get married?" he teased, ducking when Seungmin made to shove fistful of sand in his face.

"Shut up, Min!" Seungmin gasped, blushing madly. If his shining eyes could pierce daggers in Minho's face they would have already.

"So you're not denying it?" Minho taunted, wiggling his eyebrows playfully, completely unfazed by his violent tendancies.

Seungmin groaned and hid his own face behind his hands, leaning back down onto the beach. The holographic water of the sea was tickling his toes but he made no moves to get away from the waves. Instead, he thought deeply about Minho's words.

"I guess I'm not," he admitted, fingers playing with the white sand. "More than this, I just can't believe our family is finally complete. Donghyuck is back, Felix too, our four clans are at peace and have healed, humans are staying for good and Kim is gone forever. This is more than I could have ever dreamed of."

Minho smiled and grabbed his hand.

"I'm glad I listened to you."

Seungmin turned his head toward him, confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I was reluctant, at first, to have more humans coming here. But you convinced me to agree. Without you I would have never met the love of my life. And I never properly thanked you for that."

Minho turned his head right to meet eyes with him. He grinned.

"Thank you, Min-ah."

Seungmin grinned back, shoving him lightly.

"Couldn't you keep it for my wedding speech?" he complained, though his eyes were shiny -- this time with tears.

Minho rolled his eyes and looked back at the stars, way up high in the sky, far out of their reach.

"You would have cried in front of everyone. And I don't wanna be held accountable of Rosé's wrath for being the culprit that ruined your makeup."

"You liar, you would have been the one crying," Seungmin snorted, making to shove sand down his throat again.

Their laughter echoed through the jungle that night, lulling it with a peace and carefreeness that had been foreign these past few months on Straya 801.

Finally, the planet was at peace.

Finally, Stray Kids were home.

~~~~~~~~> To be continued.

-- -- -- --

A/N: Soooo... did you like it haha? I hope you did!

I'm pretty sure I had some of you expecting the worst, but as I have said many times before, just trust me~

COMING UP NEXT:
- The end.

Oof.. too harsh haha? No, but seriously, I'm not saying anything here because I don't want to spoil the best bites, so please hold on for the closure hihi~ And I promised a happy ending, so I'll deliver one I swear! No more pain or tears for our boys haha. (Fanfic talk aside, dang the last comebacks our boys made were so lit! I'm so proud and happy for them!)

Anyway, thanks again for still being there after all this time and still giving so much love to my baby, it's my honor having you read me. I always promised you I would finish it and I will keep that promise. To be honest, I'd love to end it before we reach the three year milestone haha (I would have earned my title of "procrastination queen" rightfully) so hopefully it will come out quicker than this chapter!

As always, comment, leave a vote, add it to your library, or do nothing, as long as it makes you happy it makes me happy.

Lots of Love,
-
Orange.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 2.5K 32
"And I'm left wondering how long this happiness will last.." in which hyunjins highschool bestfriend turned international rap...
375K 9.4K 18
「COMPLETED」 in this story , minho is in a kpop group called " stary kids " . but later , minho found out that he fell in love with one of his members...
61.1K 1.2K 62
"Fine, if you tell me you hate me, I will leave you alone" "I hate you" "Hmm, do you?" "Yeah, I hate you so fucking much Lee Minho that it's sometime...
100K 2.5K 53
DISCLAIMER: this is the first book ive ever written so its shitty asf. soz 😭 [High school AU] Although Jisung is younger than Minho, he is the one c...