How to Name Your Cat

ganseys-mint-plant tarafından

"I'm trying to think of names for my cat." "Your cat?" "My cat." Following the tragic death of his cat, milli... Daha Fazla

How to Name Your Cat
How to Get a Roommate
How to Cure Your Boredom
How to Welcome a Friend
How to Make Your Money
How to Properly Invest
How to be Happy
How to Start Anew
How to Become a Major CEO
How to go on a Successful First Date
How to Host a Party
How to Save a Life
How to Forget
How to Lose it All
How to Fix a Problem
How to Name Your Cat: Part 2
Author's Note

How to Have a Birthday Party

2.7K 212 49
ganseys-mint-plant tarafından

Family was an odd concept that Magnus knew he wasn't quite ready for.

The Lightwood family moved around the house with ease and comfort, greeting one another like it had been too long since they had all seen each other.

Magnus saw just saw chaos.

He knew Alec would have been more at ease, if he wasn't there. But it was too late to go back now.

He just mimicked everything Alec did and put on his best smile.

Maryse was cooking in the kitchen.

She seemed happier than she had been at Magnus' apartment just a couple of weeks ago.

She seemed more genuine.

"Magnus, it's so good to see you again," she said as she flew around the room, stirring soups, checking meats, and pulling things out of the fridge.

"It's nice to see you too," Magnus said.

Simon and Isabelle entered the kitchen.

Simon did look like a geek. An awkward, hopeless geek.

Maryse was a little less warm to him not that he would have noticed.

Just a few minutes later, Magnus felt much less awkward as the four of them conversed like they had known each other for years.

Simon was smarter than he looked and Isabelle was obviously in love with him.

He was able to show his love while Magnus and Alec were still just friends to the family.

"I'm going to give Magnus a tour," Alec said decidedly.

Magnus followed him through a maze of rooms.

The house was three stories. The first was obviously their hosting space. The second level was more like a living room with family pictures and less perfect. The master bedroom was also on the second floor. The third floor was one long hallway with four bedrooms. The last one was Alec's room and Alec didn't hesitate to pull Magnus inside.

Magnus felt himself be pushed against the door and Alec's lips against his.

"You're amazing," Alec whispered after only a few seconds.

Then the lights came on, momentarily blinding Magnus.

"This is my room," Alec said, gesturing to the tiny room. One wall met with the slanted roof, making it feel even smaller.

Magnus' heart and mind were still on the kiss.

He focused on the room. There was a tiny twin sized bed and a desk beneath the window. The room obviously hadn't been touched with the exception of the occassional dusting.

Soccer trophies sat on a tiny shelf.

The walls were painted a deep blue with white trim.

"This is where you grew up," Magnus realized, walking in a tiny circle around the perimeter of the room.

Alec opened the closet doors which squeaked.

Clothes still hung on the racks and unfolded shirts were still pouring out of the dresser drawer.

"My bedroom was a lot messier," Magnus said.

"You didn't see it in it's prime," Alec said, shutting the doors.

Magnus stepped up to Alec, kissing him again, finishing what Alec had started.

"I like your family," Magnus said.

"They're a little overbearing."

"Overbearing can be good," Magnus said.

The door opened and Magnus jumped back.

A fat little dog teetered in.

"That's Spongebob," Alec said.

"Your dog opens doors?" Magus asked. Spongebob was breathing heavily and plopped down in the middle of the room.

"He can push the doors open. The locks don't really work properly—"

"Why is your dog named Spongebob?"

"We were 8," Alec said. "We call him Bob or Spongey now."

"You're not allowed to name my cat," Magnus said.

Alec grinned.

"How does this thing get up and down stairs anyways?" Magnus asked. It's little legs were barely visible beneath rolls of fat.

"Someone must have carried him up here."

"So now you have to carry him down?"

"I—"

"That is one spoiled dog," Magnus said.

"Dinner!" someone screamed in the distance.

Alec picked up Spongebob and they descended the two stories to dinner.

The rest of the evening went fine.

Robert emerged from his office to celebrate with an amazing dinner and an even better cake.

Any contempt that was once held towards Magnus was now directed at Simon.

Alec was told to help with dishes so Magnus was left alone with the family.

Everyone talked in the formal living room for awhile.

A few minute into the conversation, Isabelle looked at Magnus.

"I want to show you something," she said. "Baby pictures of Alec."

She stood up. Simon watched her and Alec leave.

But Isabelle went for the back door, opening it quietly.

Outside was a little patch of grass, fenced in with high white picket fences.

Isabelle went to the far side of the yard, reaching into her pocket.

All of the blinds in the house were closed shut. No one could see out into the yard, and Magnus couldn't see in.

He walked over to Isabelle.

"You smoke," he realized as the little flame burst out of the lighter. She put the cigarette to her lips, took a deep breath, and let out a stream of smoke.

"Simon doesn't know," Isabelle said.

"Already keeping secrets?" Magnus asked.

"Speaking of secrets," Isabelle said, "are you dating my brother?"

"Dating—"

"—is probably the wrong word, right?" Isabelle said. "Do you know why I don't tell Simon that I smoke?"

"Because it's a disgusting habit?" Magnus offered.

"Because Simon wouldn't be able to handle it," Isabelle said. "He's all against it."

"Are you about to threaten me?" Magnus asked.

"Alec wouldn't be able to handle it if you broke his heart," Isabelle said. "I don't have to threaten you, Magnus. You already know."

"I have no intention of doing anything to hurt your brother," Magnus said.

"Sometimes, it's not your intentions that hurt others," Isabelle said. "It's the little things; the things you think are harmless are the things that could be their catastrophe."

"You think I could break Alexander."

"I think you're the savior type," Isabelle said. "You think you'll be saving Alec but you'll rip him to shreds."

The back door opened.

Isabelle threw her hand and burning cigarette behind her back.

"What are you doing?" Max asked.

"Talking," Isabelle said, as if it was obvious.

"Mom wants you back inside," Max said. For the first time, he sounded like a younger brother.

"Well, tell her I'll be there in a minute," Isabelle said.

Max slammed the door shut.

Isabelle dropped the cigarette into a pile of dirt and smothered it with the toe of her boot.

"And thank for the dress, by the way."

Magnus almost told her it was a gift from Alec.

But she knew better.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

5.9K 413 12
Magnus Bane is a struggling artist wanting to be remembered through out history. With the rise of different sexualities coming to public light, he wa...
32.1K 1.6K 25
He had been kicked out, along with his brother. Alec Lightwood, son of a sickly rich business man, is homeless and fights for his and his brothers su...
11.2K 404 27
Magnus knew his husband would leave him... permanently... at some point, but he never imagined it to happen so soon. Magnus's husband, Alexander Bane...
2.1K 293 18
Simple alternate universe love story of malec.