Averian University: The Bound...

By IricoDale

Phantom. Mezul Castron grew up always being called by that name. In the Crimson World, it is a term that is b... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1: Meet The Prince
Chapter 2: Underground School
Chapter 3: A Part Of Mystic Council
Chapter 4: First Day
Chapter 5: The Duel Between The Pro And The Newbie
Chapter 6: Outside The Battle Field
Chapter 7: Trouble Under The Table
Chapter 8: First Assignment
Chapter 9: Forbidden Gate Of Triad Land
Chapter 10: Missing In Action
Chapter 11: Arriving
Chapter 12: Milky Berries
Chapter 13: Quiseras Rose And The Soul Suckers
Chapter 14: Mystic Market
Chapter 15: Potion Making
Chapter 16: Potion Of Destruction By The Phantom Girl
Chapter 17: Guild Mark And His Present
Chapter 18: The Fight
Chapter 19: Sick
Chapter 20: An Angry Hell Keeper
Chapter 21: An Underwater Tour
Chapter 22: Regret
Chapter 23: Metal Vessels
Chapter 24: Successors
Chapter 25: Gone Beserk
Chapter 26: Illusionist Tribe
Chapter 27: Favor
Chapter 29: Missing Heart
Chapter 30: Fire Festival
Chapter 31: Fallen
Chapter 32: Chase
Chapter 33: Inside Hell
Chapter 34: Search For The Prince
Chapter 35: The Real Beginning
Chapter 36: Monster Within
Chapter 37: Exchange
Chapter 38: Freed
Chapter 39: The King's Sin
Chapter 40: The Comeback
Chapter 41: Hearing
Chapter 42: Make It Right
Chapter 43: Izea

Chapter 28: With Him

239 21 13
By IricoDale

With Him
MEZUL

YES, THAT IS the sole reason why I was summoned in the Headmaster's office. The previous she-hell keeper really know that it was me who inherited the tittle of next female Hell Keeper.

I remained silent until I was told to take a seat. The experience was tremendously ridiculous. I swear, I don't wanna go there again. And for that not to happen or repeat again, I have to convince the prince to train me instead.

I stared at her sweet but creepy, smiling face. She's beautiful. I can compare her beauty into a goddess. But that doesn't mean that she looks genuine. She is—in fact, looked dangerous. Far away from how her physical appearance looks like.

Pinasadahan ko ng tingin ang paligid. I was looking for her mate. He's not here. Tanging si headmaster Del lang ang narito at ang babaeng kaharap ko na nagngangalang Ramzel.

The woman is still smiling. She's sitting across my seat. Magkasalikop ang mga kamay na nakatitig ako sa kanya, naghihintay sa kung ano man ang kanyang sasabihin.

"Sorry to pull you up from your classes and friends, Mezul." Headmaster Del started. He was standing near the previous hell keeper, nasalikod ang mga kamay at minsa'y palakad-lakad sa tabi-tabi. "Ramzel want to discuss something to you. Something about Audria, your metal vessel."

"Ah... Walang kaso po... " I said immediately and smiled shyly. I might look constipated right now but who cares? Ah, nakakahiya nga pala kay sir Del! Psh...

"Thank you for that. I don't wanna waste your time anymore so go ahead... Do not worry, Ramzel here will not say anything about your situation anymore from your class. She's perfectly informed regarding with your situation with Prince Ulrio. Okay?"

"Understood." I nodded at him.

"Alright. I will leave you two now. I'll just be here on my desk and continue my boring paper works while you talk." He winked at me like he usually do then proceed to his office table 3 meters from our place.

And with that, I'm all alone with the previous she-hell keeper again.

I sighed. I hate this. I wanna do it dramatically but I guess that would just worsen the situation so I behaved. I have to because I have to impress this woman in front of me even just on simple ways so she'll think I'm worthy to be the next her.

"First of all, let me ask how are you?" Even her tone of voice sounds sweet, I can sense her weird but scary aura. Every word she utters mirrors it.

Nginitian niya ako at ganoon din ang ginawa ko sa kanya. Medyo ilang.

"I guess, I'm fine. Thank you for asking... "

I was fidgeting my fingers when I replied. To be honest, I'm really nervous right now.

"I don't think you are okay to be honest with you." She shakes her head. "You can't tell a lie to me, dear. I know, you have to be tough always but you can let down your guard now. No enemy's watching. This is just me... "

Yun na nga... Ikaw po iyan...

I sighed again. I wished, I am not here.

"And, I am not happy to hear your situation with your mate." Umiling-iling ito. Alam kong hindi matutuwa ang kung sino mang makakarinig noon kaya inasahan ko na ang magiging reaksyon niya. "No. Not in the slightest." She 'tsked' three times.

Well, sino ba namang matutuwa? Even I, who's not into prince Ul was disappointed, paano pa si Mrs. Ramzel na produkto ng tagumpay na pagsasama? I heard, she has three kids now. With a happy marriage with her mate and all.

Should I be jealous?

"If I were you in your position, I will seduce my man, Mezul dear. After all... I owned him as much as he owned me. But never mind. You are not me at all. It just saddens me everything in your fucked up situation. Eurlious and I had been together for more than a century now and still, I can't find myself living without him..."

"I'm late, ma'am." Umiling-iling ako. "He told me. I arrived late. Too late..." I didn't expect that those words will come out on my mouth with bitterness. Not to mention that it also sounds painful.

"You are not. Trust me you are not, dear." At hayun na naman iyong hindi magandang pakiramdam na ngiti niya. She's really making me uneasy. "Your man is just plain stupid and you are too understanding. Sorry for the word—I wanna be vocal. I want you to know, how disappointed I am with your so-called relationship."

I'm disappointed as well...

"When I met Eurlious we are just about your age as well. He was this guy who's emotionless with everybody but softens when it comes to me. He might not show it on public but there's no denying the pull of attraction we felt for each other. Every damn time. Heck, I can't even stand not to see him for an hour—that's why I'm wondering..." Bahagyang lumakas ang boses niya. "I'm really wondering how the two of you can deny each other? Was it painful?" Tumaas ang isang salok ng labi niya. "Was it hard?"

Bigla ay natawa siya. But more on to herself.

"Forgive me... I've been always like this. And what kind of question was that? Of course—it must be painful! Specially on your side! " And now she's histerical.

But even so... Parang natamaan pa din ako sa mga sinabi niya. I clutched my chest. It was indeed painful.

My heart... I can't feel it beating.

"As much as I want you to resolve your issue... I'm afraid we cannot. Audria is also denying you because you lack of something. It was probably the bond, dear. Ulrio can handle his just fine because he was used to it. He owned his vessel more or less a year now and my mate told me. And that's even before he met you. He was the traitor too between the two of you. The only thing I can suggest to you right now is to be stronger... "

"And dear, he was also the only one you need to get stronger. Ask him to help you." Pinanlakihan niya ako ng mata. "Ask him for you to get stronger. That way you'll be strong enough once the time came that one of you have to reject the other. You have to be strong then... Because you don't deserve a man that Heartless, Mezul dear. Trust me."

And she told me more things that made me realize everything.

"Can you help me?" Walang kagatol-gatol na tanong ko sa prinsipe after remembering all the things I and Mrs. Ramzel had talked. This is for a purpose. Tama ang babae... Kailangan kong maging malakas.

And I should not act this way. Shy? We are equal.

Hindi man maging sa'kin ang lalaking ito sa dulo, dapat na may mapala pa rin ako sa kanya. As bad at it seems when heard... I have to take advantage of the situation. I have to.

Prince Ul, blinked. And then blinked again.

Naiintindihan ko na baka nasorpresa siya sa pagiging deretcho ko. But I am here already. I might as well take advantage the situation because again... I don't wanna talk to that woman.

Yes, she is not so bad.

But all the things she told me is making me feel bad for myself. Dapat daw na kunin ko ang talaga namang akin at huwag tumunganga. Pero hindi ko dapat pilitin ang sarili ko lalo na't wala naman akong feelings para kay prinsipe Ul.

She made me realize so many damn things that I just want to forget all of it. Napakarami. At kung babalik na naman ako doon at kausapin siya ulit... I don't think I will last another day on this school.

I love it here. Pero magda-drop at tatakas ako kung sakaling dumating ako sa puntong hindi ko na kaya ang pressure niya.

"If it's just the training... You don't have to ask that to me. I should be providing you that since I'm the stronger one between the two of us. At least at the moment." Nagbaba siya ng tingin sa mga kamay ko na magkasalikop at nasa ibabaw ng hita ko. He took one of my hand and intertwined it with his.

Naiwan ang tingin ko doon.

"I am actually thinking of that idea for a while now... You just happened to tell it to me first..."

His hand felt warm. And even his presence. Kapag dumadating kami sa ganitong posisyon ay parang ayaw ko nang humiwalay sa kanya.

Does he feel the same way?

Ugh. Here we go again...

Kailan ba ako titigil sa ganito?

The prince suddenly closed his eyes. Bahagyang humigpit ang pagkasalikop niya sa kamay ko. Kumunot ang noo ko dahil parang may mali sa kanya. Pagkatapos ay bigla siyang suminghap na para bang hindi makahinga. With that, he let go of my hand and clutched his chest.

He was in pain.

Why?

My eyes widen and I panicked. Dinaluhan ko ito kaagad at natataranta.

"Are... A-Are you okay?" Hinimas ko ang likod nito at nagpapanic pa rin na hinarap ko ito. Bahagya akong lumuhod upang matagpuan ang kanyang mga mata.

I'm even more surprised to see that his eyes are glowing in deep red. Almost like blood. Hinaplos ko ang mukha niya only to discover that he's sweating hard and cold.

Sa taranta at hindi alam ang susunod na gagawin ay tumayo ako para lumabas at humingi ng tulong. But his other hand found my wrist, not letting me go.

Nanginginig na ako sa takot ng tignan siya. What's tough is he's feeling in pain while with me and I don't feel the same way. Is he sick? But we're not supposed to feel that! And I am not cheating... So... Why...?

"Don't go... " he said in low and weak voice and my heart almost break that I felt like crying.

Seeing him this way...

"But you're in pain! I... I should ask for help—"

"Just... Just d-don't leave me..."

Oh god, this is tormenting!

"Okay... Okay tell me what I can do... " Muli akong lumuhod upang maging magkalebel ang paningin namin. Nakatungo pa rin ang prinsipe habang sapo ang dibdib.

Muli ay nagpakawala siya ng malakas na sighap. Sa takot ko ay agad ko siyang niyakap. For a second, I don't know what to do. Natauhan nalang ako ng makarinig ng impit na ungol mula sa labi niya. I immediately chanted healing spells, I cannot guarantee that will work but I must try.

I just closed my eyes and did my best to calm. I don't wanna see or hear him suffering. It breaks me to see him this weak. And so I just hugged him tighter.

We stayed on that position for a while until his breathing normalized. Naramdaman ko ding bahagyang nawala ang higpit ng pagkakahawak ng kamay niya sa akin.

Gusto ko siyang kaagad tignan but I don't think I have the courage. I was really trembling in fear. I felt mixed emotion. For him...

"I am fine now... " maya-maya'y sambit niya. Mahina pa rin iyon sa pandinig ko ngunit narinig ko ng malinaw. I should let go off him now but my body won't just budge.

My traitor heart...

Good thing that the spells worked and I'm thanking the Gods for that—I just can't let go off him. Sa halip ay mas hinigpitan ko ang yakap sa kanya. And then, I felt his warm breath fan the side of my face. Later on, we both found ourselves hugging each other.

Fool...

"I was scared..." mahinang bulong ko. "What just happened to you?" Agad kong idinagdag. I'm still tangled at him, playing his long, soft hair. I felt him stiffen with my question a bit.

But I have to try.

"Side effects," he replied. Pinal ang tono niya na para bang nagpapahiwatig na ayaw niyang magpaliwag pa. Hindi ko siya pinilit at tumango nalang. A moment had passed and we are still on the same position.

Randam ko ang mabilis na tibok ng puso ko. Hindi ko alam bakit hindi pa siya bumibitaw at ganoon din ako sa sarili ko. Now I felt like we're cheating.

"Can you let go off me now?" Because I can't. "You said you are going to say something to me as well."

"Forget it." He buried his head on the crook of my neck. "Let's just stay this way for a while, mate. I don't wanna let go off you. I just can't. Can we?" He raised his face to meet my eyes. I nodded at him.

Punong-puno ng emotion ang kadalasang malamig niyang mata. His eyes were back and the glow disappeared.

Gusto ko mang malaman ang dahilan ng naging pag-akto niya ay hindi ko na ipinilit. I dont want to ruin this moment na solo ko siya. I'm guilty and happy at the same time. I am betraying my self but who cares? I just want us to stay this way for now. Bahala kung hindi panghabambuhay. Kalilimutan ko na muna ang mga prinsipyo ko habang may tyansa pa akong maging malapit sa kanya.

Just for now.

--

I ran as fast as I could to get away from him. I never turned my back. I was sweating hard, adrenaline's kicking while thinking how could I escape his attacks.

I was being chased by multiple, high voltage of lightning. In order for me to survive the attacks, I have to think fast and run the hell out of this place before he could reach me.

Puno na ako ng galos sa katawan. Maging sa mukha ay meron na din. But now is not the right time to think my appearance. Scars will soon fade. And I'm ugly anyway.

But as expected from him... He's really a monster when it comes to this. Duel... Fight... Whatever it was called. Good thing I never underestimated this man. If I did, I should've been burnt into crisps by now.

Humihingal na tumigil ako sa pagtakbo matapos makapag-tago sa isang sulok ng kagubatan. Yes, me and this person I'm running my life out with was outside the Averian.

Lahat ng pagod at hingal ay pinakawalan ko sa likod ng isang napakalaking puno. Hell... I never expect that this will going to be the face of my first day of training with him.

It's been a week since that... Ugh, forget it!

And...

Yes, training with him. Training with the Crimson's prince.

"Damn..." I combed my hair using my fingers because of frustration. I closed my eyes, trying to focus. Isang oras na rin akong nasa ganitong sitwasyon. Paikot-ikot, tago lang ng tago. No defense at all.

Nah, I can't endure his stamina. Ano bang dapat kong gawin? I can't even think of a solution para magkaroon ng opportunity na tirahin siya.

Ahhh! I'm really getting frustrated. What should I do? Hindi pwedeng ganito nalang ako hanggang mamaya. Damn!

I opened my eyes and heave a long breath.

"Bingo."

I immediately squat down to avoid his attack. He's using his metal vessel—Damian. Walang pakundangan niya itong iwinasiwas sa mukha ko. Mabuti na lang ay mabilis ang reflexes ko at nakaiwas.

He's at it again. Prince Ul is not even sweating after all the chase we had since an hour ago. He's wearing combat pants that he usually use whenever they're having missions outside Averian. Only that he is topless again and I can perfectly see his perfect body. He was really pale. Pale as white.

But even so, that didn't change the fact that he's oozing with... Ugh! This is not the right time to complement him! Eh, ano naman kung ang ganda ng katawan niya? At ang gwapo niya?

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath when he swayed his vessel again. This time it comes with electricity already. Flashes of gold lightning everywhere made me blind temporarily.

Agad akong naglabas ng hibla ng mga sinulid at hinila ang sarili paakyat sa puno. I controlled gravity so the place where the prince was standing will collapse. Bumigay nga ang inaapakan nito at sinamantala ko ang pagkakataon na iyon upang tumalon sa katabing puno.

Prince Ul promised not be hard on me on our first duel. That he will not use his wings and will only use Damian as his weapon. That he will use lightning as his prime element even if he has a lot.

I agreed because he have the upper hand. Masakit man sa ego na isipin ay pumayag ako. Kapalit ng kundisyon niya ay gawin at gamitin ko ang lahat ng kakayahan at kaalaman na meron ako para talunin siya.

This duel is a test for him to know and determine where I lack. What are the things he have to teach me and to test my capabilities. Sad to say there is no progress until now.

Lumingon ako upang tignan kung nahulog ba sa bitag ang prinsipe. Inasahan ko nang hindi. I just did that to advert his attention on other things. So instead, I continue to jump over the trees one after another while making the ground collapse in every step I take my feet to.

I only need to touch him once for me to slower him using my gravity magic. Kapag nagawa ko iyon ay magkakaroon na ako ng tyansang sugatan siya at gamitin ang metal vessel ko na si Audria.

But man... No matter what I do, the man is really tough. Sa huli ay nagsawa na ako sa pagtakbo. Dala ng pagod, kalituhan at inis ay tumigil na lang ako sa isang sanga ng puno.

He's coming for me in five...

I closed my eyes and release every string I could release using my manipulation ability. I spread them everywhere, invisible. This is the only plan I think that would work before I loose my sanity.

Four...

The wind blows on my direction. Signed that he's coming for me, quickly approaching. The wind was too strong, enough for me to stumble. It blows danger. Good think I can control gravity so I didn't fall.

But it is a bad news.

Three...

I opened my eyes and look for the best spot where I could jump and touch him. Mabilis na gumana ang utak ko. I made a conclusion that there will be no good spot from what I did on the place. Everywhere I look, I only see my mess.

May isa pa namang paraan.

I need to distract him... But how?

Two...

This is my last straw and I don't think this will work but I have to give it a shot. I have to at least try.

I combed my hair again using my fingers. Sandaling nagtama ang paningin namin ni prinsipe Ul. He, on stance of swaying his metal vessel, Damian—for a huge attack and me, preparing to launch my self at him.

One...

I braced myself and released my wings real quick. In this position, he might think that I'll fly away and not jump. And that's what I did.

For a second, I saw hesitation in his eyes. He must be preparing a good attack that wherever I look, I only see golden lightnings. There's a magic circle on the top head of his metal vessel that quickly vanished in the air as I jumped to him.

Wala naman sa plano ko na literal na tumalon sa kanya. I was only planning to touch him. Iyong kamao lang naman. But him being the rightful next master of the gate of hell... He had the reflexes. He was able to get away.

I still have something on my sleeves though. After all, what I did is just a facade of what I am really planning to do. I spread my wings and used my hands to manipulate all the strings I planted a while back and pulled them altogether.

This my chance. I'm losing my patience. Kung Hindi ko ito gagawin ngayon baka Hindi na ulit ako magkaroon ng pagkakataon. I'm tired of running away. At isang oras mahigit ko na iyong ginagawa.

Okay...

There, our gazes met. It's just a millisecond before he was able to break the strings I used to immobilized him but the time it provide me to touch his lips with mine is already enough for me to cast my gravity magic.

Strange, I heard bells ringing in my head.

A silver, almost white magic circle popped below us and glowed once I sealed him with a kiss. I know that he knew the trick which was behind the stunt I did so he will not dare move or struggle to feel the massive weight I passed to him.

Nevertheless, my gravity magic was enough to bring him down at the ground. Agad ko siyang sinundan because I knew if I'm a millisecond too late... He will break free.

Which he did. Only, I wasn't late this time. I landed exactly on top of him, his back on the ground and me, pointing the tip of my vessel at his neck, ready to put a wound at him.

Pero ang loko malakas talaga at nagawa pang i-angat ang sarili kahit nasa ibabaw ako. He even struck me with high voltage of electricity that my hands tremble while aiming for his neck.

Oh my god...

"You won't get away with me this time!" May diin kong sambit at sabay na hinawakan ang vessel gamit ang dalawang kamay para sugatan siya.

I saw blood dripping down his white, pale neck up to his collar bone. The wound was quite long but I made sure na hindi ito malalim. It will still leave a scar though, but that was his choice.

A triumphant smile appeared on my lips, black feathers and leaves falling in the background. I'm sure it was a sweet smile of victory. Lahat ng pagod, frustration at sakit ng katawan ay parang na walang bigla.

And he saw all of that. It made him smile.

"That's my mate."

I felt my wings spread again only to disappear. I almost enveloped him with them, takot na makawala siya kanina. And there, on that position... Prince Ul lying on the ground with me on top of him...

Arliah saw us.

Bullshit...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 128K 49
when a rich spoiled bad boy Jeon Jung-hoon gets into an encounter with a Muslim girl and they become enemies so he bully her humiliates her and insul...
79K 6.8K 45
What if Arnav gets a chance to rectify all his mistakes? What if he gets a chance to avoid such situations? What if he gets to know Khushi is his wou...
45.8K 4.6K 96
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
4.6M 350K 91
Betrayed by the people she once loved, cared for, and protected, Queen Gatria is determined to make everyone suffer and feel her wrath. With the inte...