Meaningless

By cecaniaC

GRUVIA (GRAY FULLBUSTER AND JUVIA LOCKSER) FAIRY TAIL FANFICTION Book cover by FranzineTsukino More

Meaningless
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Special Chapter

Chapter 12

6.4K 201 101
By cecaniaC

Chapter 12

Playing House

“W-What?” Juvia asked, confused. For a while she couldn’t move a bit in her seat. Gray just had dinner in her house, now he wants to move in?

“I want to move in.” Gray said without even blinking.

SERIOUSLY?! Juvia screamed in her head. But she can’t move. She was dumbfounded. First, he asked him to marry her; now he said that he wants to move in. He’s one hell of impulsive Fullbuster.

“Why?” She said, looking at Gray in confusion. “You can always see Xander.”

“I know.” Gray agreed. “But I hate waking up knowing that my son isn’t with me at home.”

Juvia was overwhelmed with what he said. She was happy that Gray has been absorbing being a father. He does what a good father does. And she was happy with that. She thought for the past years that Gray will not care about her, that’s the reason she hide her son from him. She was afraid that the child might be neglected. She thought that Gray wasn’t ready and he won’t accept the child. Now, she suddenly felt guilty about what she did.

“Juvia, I know this is complicated. But this is where it leads. We’ll both be staying in the house once we get married. You know that.”

The word marriage struck her. Right, they are getting married. By Gray’s choice. It wasn’t that Juvia isn’t happy. She was, actually. Gray being considerate and being a father. But in Juvia’s head, everything Gray was doing is for their son. Just their son. That made her unhappy. If it was a few years back, without her pregnant and with hormones, she would just probably squeal and jump into Gray. It wasn’t the before. It is the present, where she had to decide what’s good for her son. Xander has always been the priority for her.

“Are you sure?” She asked. Then, she stood up. She needs a glass of water. Gray just followed her through the kitchen.

“Yes. I’m sure.” He said. He was really certain with his decision.

Juvia opened the refrigerator and took a pitcher of water. She poured the water to the glass. The thought of Gray in her house every day made her feel uneasy. She’s quite giddy, yet she feels nervous.

“Okay.” She answered after she took a sip in her water.

“Thank you.” He smiled.

The next day, Gray’s car was parked in her house. She took a deep breath. Gray will be living with her and their son. Juvia looked at the unfamiliar car. Gray went there with his truck. He was using it since college and Juvia was very familiar in it. She blushed when she remembered something about that car. The car seemed new. The plate umber hasn’t been there yet so it was definitely brand new.

“Dadda!” Xander exclaimed and ran outside the house.

Luckily, the lawn had a wide space for parking both of their cars. Juvia’s house isn’t a mansion but it isn’t small, too. Her house had 3 bedrooms. The house also had a maid’s quarter in it. Juana uses it. Juvia followed Xander outside their house. She saw Gray coming out of his car.

Her heart skipped at the sight of him. He is wearing a wayfayers, a khaki shorts and a sky blue long sleeves that fits his biceps. Gray is really a good-looking man. He’s fucking hot. Xander giggled at the sight of his father. He jumped and mumbles something inaudible, since the kid is just learning to speak. Gray laughed at his son then he scooped the boy and Xander was in his arms.

“Hey,” Gray greeted Juvia. Juvia blushed instantly at the sight of him. It makes her want to faint. Luckily, she didn’t. “I brought my things. It was just a few. Just my clothes, the laptop and some stuff.”

 “O-Okay.” She stuttered. Why are you stuttering, Juvia? She asked herself. “I’ll help you with your stuff.”

“Silly. I’m fine with my stuff. I’ll be doing it after I played with this kid.” Gray faced Xander and tickled him in the stomach. Xander giggled as he defends himself from his father.

“No, Dadda! No.” He squealed as his father continues to carry him. She smiled at them. It was a good day.

Juvia watched Xander and Gray on the backyard. Gray is carrying Xander, like Superman. Gray is running while he was carrying Xander. Xander heard his giggles. This afternoon seems surreal for her. They had lunch together. They had played together. They were like a real family. Was this even real? Is she seeing it right? Her son was playing with his father? And Gray, with that youthful laughs around Xander, it’s the first time she had seen him.

She couldn’t help it. She took out her phone and took a photo of her son and Gray playing Superman. She smiled as she captured it the way she likes it. Gray glanced at her. She had been caught getting a picture. She blushed, embarrassed.

Oh no. Gray doesn’t like being taken a picture. She remembered. Gray is known to unlikely to take pictures. If he would take pictures, it was normally a view or whatever.

But Gray just smirked and shook his head. He wasn’t even mad. He looked away and continued to play with his son. The house was filled with his son’s laughs and Gray’s too.

“That’s quite a sight, isn’t it?” Juana walked in beside Juvia. Juvia looked at her and smiled. “I’ve prepared some snacks.”

“Thank you.” Juvia said and helped Juana carry the tray. She stepped outside the house, through the the table in the backyard.

“Xander! Gray! You should take a break for a while. We have some snacks for you.” She called. Both of them looked at her as they stopped playing. Gray stood up and carried his son all the way to the table.

Juvia looked at Xander. He was all sweats and dirt. Juvia narrowed her eyes. Even Gray had dirt on his white shirt. Gray put down Xander. He looked at her confused with Juvia’s expression. Then Juvia went up to Xander. She cupped Xander’s face. She shook his head.

“Oh no, Xander! You’re sweaty and dirty. Did you roll on the grass?” Juvia asked Xander. The boy just smiled. Juvia shook her head and smiled while she was wiping the sweats and dirt in Xander face and arms. Juvia didn’t notice it earlier. Seriously, why is Xander so dirty?

Gray chuckled. “Sorry, my fault. I accidentally opened up the sprinkler. We got wet and dirty.”

Juvia sighed. “You should have changed your clothes, earlier.” She sais ad she took off Xander’s shirt. Luckily, she brought an extra shirt for Xander. She knew Xander would get sweaty, playing with his Father but she didn’t expect that they’ll play with the sprinkler.

“It’s okay. It was fun.” He said, smile not fading. Then, he looked at Xander. “You have fun, didn’t you?”

Juvia looked at Xander and he laughed. “Dadda! Fun!”

Juvia rolled her eyes. Then, she laughed. She was defeated easily. How could she not be? Xander is on his goofy smile that she can’t resist. She can’t be mad at her son for just a second. “Okay. You got me, baby. You always use your charm on me.” She kissed Xander’s cheeks. “But you have to wash your hands before you eat.” Then, she looked at Gray. “And you, too, Daddy.”

Daddy.

Gray was as shocked as Juvia as she said those words. Daddy. Like he was part of the family. Technically, he is. He was Xander’s father. But the way Juvia said Daddy at him, made him feel weird. In a nice way. Like he had felt it again.

Gray saw Juvia blushed as she looked down. “I-I mean…Gray.”

He could not help himself. He tried to hide his grin but he can’t. It was impulsive for Juvia. Yes, but that’s what her mind say first. It was a slip of the tongue. Gray had never been this proud for years. Being with Xander is enough for him and that made him proud that he has a son. Now, Juvia’s slip of the tongue made him even more proud.

That means, she still feels something for him. It made him hope.

“Okay.” He said. He stood up and went to inside the house to wash his hands. When he went outside again, he saw Juvia and Xander sitting and eating their snacks.

Gray still couldn’t believe it. Juvia agreed that he’ll move in with her and their son. Gray was prepared for another rejection. Juvia rejected the proposal; he thought Juvia wouldn’t agree of him moving in. He was happy he took the risk because he had never been happier until today. He will always be with his son, playing and taking care of him. He wasn’t going to let go. And of course, Juvia. He was happy, he was with her again.

He sat on his seat just across Xander and Juvia. Juvia smiled at her and offered him food. He gladly accepted it. Juvia has matured a lot. Not only she got prettier and her curves on the body, her personality as well had change. Being a mother suits her really well. He thought.

Juvia noticed that Gray had been eyeing on her. “What is it?”

Gray was surprised. He stood up straight and cleared his throat. “No-Nothing.”

Juvia narrowed her eyes on him. She was about to say something but she didn’t say it. They just ate at the backyard, peacefully. Not until Gray had a played again with his son on the table. Gray told Xander to throw M&Ms in his mouth. He even showed his son how to do it. Gray is unbelievable. Juvia had never seen this side of him. She shook his head. She looked at his son who was enjoying what he was doing.

These two will be partners in crime in the future. She thought.  Then, she felt something sharp in her mouth but it didn’t hurt her. She flinched. Xander and Gray laughed at him.

“Mommy couldn’t do it, Xander.” He teased as he looked at Xander. Xander laughed. Then, Gray threw M&Ms again. It landed on her nose.

“Hey!” Juvia said. She laughed along, too. “I could do it! I wasn’t ready yet.”

“Oh yeah?” Gray said as he picked M&Ms from his hands. His other hand, ready to launch the chocolate in the air. “Then, catch this.”

He threw the chocolate. Juvia’s mouth opened, ready to catch the chocolate with her mouth. It landed perfectly on her mouth. She looked at Gray with a proud smile on her face. Gray just shook his head while grinning.

“See, Momma could do it also, Xander.” She said to her son. “Now, your turn.”

Gray smiled as he saw his son threw the chocolate to Juvia. And Juvia catching it with her mouth. It was really fun watching them. Gray had never felt something like this in his life.

Juana came in the backyard. “Gajeel is here.”

Juvia stopped catching M&Ms. She even failed to catch the last M&Ms her son threw at her. Then, he saw Gajeel walking through the backyard. Oh no! I forgot to text Gajeel! Yesterday, she sent a text that Gray is at her house and she’ll text him but she forgot to text him that night. Gajeel walked with wide eyes as he saw Gray in the house. Gajeel looked at Gray then at Juvia.

“So you’re here again?” Gajeel asked to Gray.

“Yeah, I move in.” He casually said.

“What? You what?” Gajeel asked in confusion. He looked at Juvia.

“Sorry, I didn’t tell you.”

“Why the hell are you moving in?” Gajeel yelled. He even put his hands on his head. “Don’t tell me you got married last night?”

Juvia almost chokes up with what Gajeel asked. “W-What? Of course, not.”

“No. Not yet. I just want to move in.” Gray said in defense. Gajeel looked furious at both. Gajeel raised his eyebrow at Gray. “Come on, Gajeel. This was supposed to happen anyway. Why are you so against it?”

“I’m not against in anything you do, fucker.” Gajeel said.

“Hey, Gajeel. Stop cussing!” Juvia said while covering her son’s ears. Gajeel forgot that Xander is in there.

“Sorry.” He apologized and turned to Xander. “How are you, little brat?”

“Gajiii!” Xander said gleefully. Gajeel laughed with the kid saying his name incorrectly. He was just a kid anyway. He let that off. Xander stood up from his chair and ran.

“Hey, brat, where are you going?” Gajeel asked. Xander pointed his toys that were left on the grass.

“Xander…” Juvia warned her son.

“Let him play, Juvia.” Gray said. “I’ll take care of him when he gets dirty again. Don’t worry.”

Gajeel looked at Gray then at Juvia. He was surprise that Gray was good around the kid. Xander ran off to his toys. All of them looked at him. Then, Gajeel took a seat.

“So you’re playing house now?” Gajeel said. He picked a cookie on the table while he watched Xander played with his toy truck.

Juvia tried to hide her blush. Gray didn’t say anything. Is that the right thing to call their situation? Playing house?

Gajeel just ate waiting for them to speak. Actually Gajeel was just here to visit his nephew and of course to ask Juvia about Gray. But he was here, surprised that Gray already moved into the house.

“So when did you move?” Gajeel asked.

“Just today.” He answered. Juvia was quiet. She doesn’t know what to say anyway. She wasn’t nervous or what because Gajeel knows every secret Juvia had. “My house isn’t kid-friendly so I decided to move I here.”

Gajeel just nodded with what he said. Gajeel is fine with Gray. Even though, he is a bit irritated that he knocked up her sister, he’s a good friend. And they have been friends even before Juvia appeared. He wasn’t that supportive but he respects his sister’s decision. And he can see clearly that Gray wants to be part of the kid’s life.

“Fine. But you can’t hide your son, forever. You know that.” Gajeel said as he thought of the problem. He had been keeping Juvia’s secret a year now. He even had to lie with his girlfriend, Levy. Luckily, Levy didn’t find him suspicious.

“I know that. I’ve got a plan, Gajeel.” Gray said. Juvia looked at Gray.

“What plan?” Juvia asked. Afraid that Gray will bring up the marriage. “Gray…”

Gray interrupts him. “We can’t hide the kid from our friends, Juvia. You’ve hidden him for a year. We had to announce that we had a son.” He said. “I was planning to tell Ur about that thing. I’ve already talk to her and we’ll talk tomorrow after work.”

Juvia didn’t say anything. “This weekend, I want everyone to know my son. I know this is a big step, Juvia. But we can’t hide him anymore. Let’s stop hiding, shall we?”

“You can’t just decide this for yourself, Gray!” Juvia stood up and yelled. Gray was taken aback, surprised with her outburst. Juvia was offended. For the fact that she wasn’t part in making plans. She was scared and nervous, too. She had hidden Xander for so long. What would the guild say to her?

“Juvia, he’s right.” Gajeel agrees.

“No. No. I’ve hidden Xander for so long.” Juvia shook her head. “I can’t just say that “Hey, I had a son with Gray.” I can’t certainly do that!”

“But you can’t just hide our son! Clearly, Xander will grow up and they will know. That will make things more complicated, Juvia.” Gray said as he got irritated.

Juvia, what’s happening to you? Isn’t this what you want? She thought. This is what she wants but part of her didn’t want to do it. She knows her friends are understanding. Definitely, they will understand her for whatever reason she had when she left. And part of her was ashamed, that she left her friends and Gray then she’ll come back to announce that she had a son and Gray was the father.

Juvia calmed herself down. She needed to think. She doesn’t need to be impulsive. She needs to think what was for the best, not only for her but for her son. She needs to think.

“I-I’m sorry but can we just don’t make that announcement this week.” She finally said.

“What?” Gajeel asked.

“Why?” Gray asked, too.

Juvia sat and put her hands on her temple. She massaged her temple as she thinks. “Can we do that on next week? Or the week later? I’ve done enough surprises and telling secrets for this week. I don’t think my head can last if we do it this weekend.”

“You all right?” Gray asked with concern as he reached for Juvia’s arm. He felt guilty. Shit. Am I giving her a pressure? He thought.

Juvia nodded. “Yes, I’m alright. Let’s not just do it this week. But you can tell Ur about Xander tomorrow. If that’s what you like.”

Gray nodded. No fucking way. I’d definitely cancel tomorrow’s dinner with Ur. He thought. He doesn’t want to give stress to Juvia considering the fact that she is partly right. They have enough surprises for this week. Juvia, letting her deepest secret knew by him; and him knowing that he has a son. He may not understand what Juvia wants, or why was she afraid of telling it to their friends, since they’re very understanding people, but he had to consider what she wants.

“But we do have to tell our friends sooner.” Gray said.

Juvia sighed. She will be going to hear all this. “Fine.”

“Fuck. I still have to keep your secret.” Gajeel grunted. “And another secret too that you two lives in the same house. Fuck!”

Juvia felt guilt about Gajeel. “I’m sorry, brother.”

“Yeah, yeah.” He sighed. “You know, I can keep secrets. But remember, not for long.”

Juvia smiled. “Yes. I know. Thank you, Gajeel.”

Gajeel stayed and ate the whole snacks that were on the table. Gajeel and Gray talked about business, too. Juvia just played with Xander since she had nothing to do with Gajeel and Gray’s business. After a while, Gajeel decided to go because he had to pick up Levy from work. He said good bye to his nephew and Gray lead him throughout the house.

“Thank you, Gajeel.” Gray said to Gajeel.

Gajeel hissed. “I was doing it for Juvia and the little brat.” Gray didn’t say anything. They walked towards his pick-up truck just beside Gray’s SUV. “You bought a new car?”

Gray nodded and grinned. “Yeah, that truck was old. And I needed this for family trips.”

Gajeel scoffed as he rode to his truck. “Family man, huh?” Gray just grinned at him.

Gray was sure and determined. He wants family. It isn't just playing house. He wasn't in for playing. He was in for creating one. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 250 20
Gray Fullbuster and Juvia Lockser a ship that Fairy Tail fans all love! Gray comes back to the guild with a curse that prevents him by talking to hi...
93.3K 2.6K 19
Gray Fullbuster is one of the leaders of the enforcement team(think Mafia)of the Fairy Tail gang. Orphaned at a young age and a high school dropout o...
9.7K 394 19
"I can date any girl I want" - Gray . . . "oh yeah? Let's make it a bet... You have to date the first girl who walks through that door! "-Jellal ...
122 6 10
When you're all confident that one person won't get tired of waiting for you. Then one day, when you're about to take risk, give an answer, she's dri...