bat, grimm and the cat can fi...

By PJACLIEBE

Harry is on the run after inflating his aunt. He encounters a large black dog, the boy spontaneously takes hi... More

Hello people:)
Escape and a new friend
Thoughts in the night
I thought I had holidays
Bathing fun, or something
A birthday present to run away from
The rest of the birthday
Nocturnal thoughts 2
Shopping with Snape and Dog
An unpleasant truth
Schools
Nocturnal thoughts 3
Everyday life begins
A necessary divorce
Man or dog?
Dark magic
Quirrell
Sirius Black
Holiday stress and gather allies
Rat hunting plans part 1
Rat hunting plans part 2
An evening with friends
Three men vs. wild magic
A train ride is funny part 1
A train ride that's funny part 2
Articles and more
A theory raises questions
Turbulent times
Rat trapped/ Rat in a trap
Help for Remus
Freedom for Sirius
No more games
Family Black
Summer
Three schools
Attendees
A reason to risk your life
The first exam
After the fight
Dancing lesson
The ball
The second task
The most important person
The beetle's core
The third task
It was not planned that way
The reason
After the tournament
Wasted vacation
Fish on the hook
An overdue law
Feather and groove, or dog and cat?
She needs behavior lessons herself
Sirius in father mode
A true lord
It makes bones shiver with fear
Veela Nest
Off to the etiquette
Proper behavior at the table
I 'm ill?
Politics is tough business
Seats, seats, and more seats
Not sick but stupid
Cat in love
Draco's friendship
Harry Werther
The pack invades the village
A nice evening
Christmas morning of a special family
Christmas with Lucius
The reason behind the festivals
Not a boring celebration?
Just a normal boy
The last letter for the time being
Full throttle into summer
Recreation for adults
Finally breathe again
Lessons at the ball
how it goes with the Greeks
Revenge for the big mouth
Colorful
Festival of the senses
Hand kisses and gigolo
Silver star
Cultural exchange part 1
Cultural exchange part 2
Wonderful acquaintance
Cord disconnection with starting difficulties
one week vacation part 1
One week vacation part 2
Nice days part 1
Nice days part 2
A Victorian lady
Off to the sixth year
Lucius' household
A brilliant strategy
Soon a new director
Prologue and Epilogue
part 2

A letter against loneliness

1.7K 93 4
By PJACLIEBE

Lucius was just sitting in his small living room enjoying a good cup of tea. Where "small" was a relative term for a room in this property. .the manor was unbelievably large and so was all of the premises. Since the landlord was alone, however, he sat in one of the smaller rooms.
"I should invite visitors more often, you are lonely here," he sighed.
.it was evening and actually he would have preferred a glass of whiskey. Mainly because the last few days at work had gone very well. .however, the politician feared that he would give in to alcohol too quickly and too often if he tried to fight his loneliness with it. That is why he has hardly had anything to drink for two years, simply to prevent this danger.
.his house-elves seemed to know how he was feeling and tried everything to cheer their master up. But it wasn't that easy. Lucius really loved his wife, as well as his son. .as a result, being alone now had an even more intense effect on him. Even if he'd done a lot wrong with Draco. Should the politician ever have another child, he would take better care of it.
.“No castles in the air Lucius, you don't even know if you will ever enter into a partnership again. So stop thinking about kids.
Great, now I'm trying to educate myself. "
.frustrated, the man grabbed a book and wanted to distract himself a little when there was a knock on the window.

When Lucius raised his head to see which messenger bird wanted something from him, he couldn't help but smile.
.Hedwig was sitting on the windowsill, patiently waiting for a little house-elf to open it.
"Thank you, Tobsy."
"With pleasure, master. Should Tobsy bring Ms. Owl something to eat and drink? "
"Yes, please. .oh and her name is Hedwig ”, Lucius informed the little guy.
The house elf nodded and disappeared.

Hedwig, meanwhile, flew onto Lucius' armrest and stretched out her leg to him.
"I hope there is a feather-light magic on the package again?"
.the owl nodded and continued to hold out her leg.
Lucius carefully removed the mail from the beautiful lady. .however, he did not read it immediately but began to stroke his white visitor and feed her with the owl biscuits that Tobsy had brought.
“It's good to see you again. .you are surely happy that you finally have more to do? "
Hedwig lifted her head briefly from the water bowl and nodded again.
"Sirius already told me what an intelligent animal you are. .but to hear it and see it are always two different things. Not true?"
Lucius was aware that he was talking to an animal as if he were talking to a human being, but he couldn't do anything about it. .it just became increasingly clear that he missed the conversations with other people. Those at work didn’t count; very often he wanted to glue their mouths to them. .his house-elves were unfortunately too submissive, no matter how hard Lucius tried, the little helpers would never object or anything, simply because it was not in their nature and they loved their masters too much.
.“I should meet up with my vampiric and demonic friends again. We used to do that once a week. ..They have a lot to do at the moment, because they hunt after the hunters who simply don't want to comply with the new law. "
Hedwig looked at him startled, even if that shouldn't be possible for an owl. .somehow Lucius just reminded the animal of Harry. And so he had a certain idea what the owl lady was all about.
“Don't worry, there hasn't been a single death so far. .since the magical beings are allowed to defend themselves, they also use this opportunity. Why should they keep hiding? They had to do that long enough. "
Hedwig seemed to nod again.

.lucius stroked his visitor a little more and realized how clever this creature really was, because she seemed to sense exactly that the person in front of her needed company.
.“You know, I have white peacocks myself, but they prefer to spend their time showing each other how beautiful they are. You can't talk to them. And my eagle owls are not as sociable as you ..they are proud of their job and that was it. Why did I actually get a bunch of workaholics? "
Hedwig seemed to be shrieking in amusement.
"It's true, too," Lucius grumbled playfully.

.at some point his visitor pointed to the letter.
“I haven't forgotten it, but I wanted to talk to you first. Would you like to wait and bring back an answer or should I send one of my overzealous letter flyers? "
.Hedwig looked at the package and then shook her head.
"Should I take my time?"
Another nod.
“Are you sure you are an owl? You are smarter than many people I know. .and this species has given itself the name 'man thinks thinks'. "
The white beauty lifted off with an amused sound. She did another round of the room and then flew out into the evening.
.Tobsy was there immediately and closed the window.
"An impressive animal," the elf marveled quietly.
"Yes, maybe that's because of her confidante," smirked Lucius.
"Can Topsy, Master bring something else?"
"Yes, another tea, please. .and put some wood on it, it is really cold outside today, it was warmer in here too. Tell me, does it move in this shed? "
The house elf cocked his head.
“So they noticed it too. .we elves thought we were just exaggerating again. "
"Hm, it doesn't seem like that. Would you please see where the leak is coming from tomorrow. The last thing I need is the flu, I hate getting sick. .besides, some people in the ministry would be too happy about my absence. "
“Tobsy will take care of that with the colleagues. Should we call a craftsman when we have found the job? "
.“No, try your magic first, if that doesn't work I would like to see it for myself beforehand, then someone can come from me. I am very reluctant to have strangers in my house. .weasley and his people were enough for me back then. "
Again the elf nodded and disappeared to bring the tea and continue heating the manor.

In the meantime, Lucius finally turned to his letter. .rather, the package that wasn't that small at all.
It was written in Harry's handwriting, which was actually logical. However, Lucius noticed that the typeface had improved considerably since the last letter.
."Seems like Severus is doing calligraphy with you right now. But that was about time, writing with pens has to be learned. "
Inside the package was a thick letter and a small box.
.when the politician opened the box, a heavenly smell rose towards him.
"Christmas biscuits," said the man happily, "they will surely go wonderfully with tea."
Less than a second later there was an empty plate next to a new tea. .Tobsy seemed to have put it down for the biscuits. Lucius nodded approvingly and carefully poured the pastries onto the plate. Of course he took one right away.
"Delicious," he remarked.
.but now he couldn't take it anymore because of curiosity, Lucius finally wanted to know what Harry had written him today.

Good afternoon, Mr. Malfoy!
See, I'm getting better.

I hope you are well and healthy too. .we at Hogwarts have the flu and other cold related illnesses.
Remus said that this year is much colder than usual. We students can only confirm that. .he and our nurse are working almost non-stop at the moment. And Severus also lets us brew cold potions in advance.
Well, at least it should be a supply, but half of it had to be poured into students. .the curse breakers and Gabrielle got it too. I am not surprised with the Veela, they are used to a milder climate from France.
The main reason is certainly the lock itself. .the muggles would say: "It's like a birdcage here *."

Of course, my fathers treated me as a precaution. And my friends couldn't avoid it either.
.however, I was pissed off at Severus when he tried to cook me cod liver oil. I don't take that stuff, no way. And if he turns upside down.
.did you know that you hang the fish liver in the sun to get the oil? In addition, the Muggles used the stuff in the past to tan leather and to make jute sacks durable. That's why the latter stink so disgusting.
.and then should i drink this? No, definitely not, I'd rather stand in the corner and let Sev scold me.
By the way, he really did. .but not because I resisted taking the trans but because there was a riot in class because of me. Severus wanted us to take a spoonful of this stinking poison in his behavior class. .and after I have listed the other possible uses in front of the whole class, well, you can imagine how the students reacted to the oil.
.Conclusion, I was standing in the corner, had to let my father scold me and, as detention, lead the behavior class myself for an hour. Just so I can see how hard it is to keep a class quiet.
.I got the first year and baked cookies with them, Muggle-style, which is not part of the curriculum but is part of the time of year. .besides, I was able to put Severus in a mild tone again, because he likes my desserts, yes, sometimes I'm a real Slytherin.

Incidentally, the cookies I sent you were not made during my detention. .I did that yesterday. I love to bake, especially when I want to make someone happy.
I know that you like pastries from my fathers and Draco, I hope my work corresponds to your taste. .although I'm sure they are used to much better quality. Nevertheless, I would be very happy if you agree. But please do not be afraid to tell me if this is not the case. .not that I send you candy more often and that you only accept it out of courtesy. Don't worry, I can handle criticism. Don't forget, I am Severus Snape's son.

Incidentally, I wanted to thank you. .Finally we have a Minister of Education who also knows what the students are doing and that is thanks to you. Glad Sirius hates you for your suggestion on the Council, you know for sure. .According to him, he yelled at you for an hour because you proposed him for the office and he was almost unanimously accepted.
I would have liked to see the uprising. Fortunately, he waited until he got to your office. .otherwise Severus would probably have rounded it off too.
Could it be that my father takes his job too seriously? I don't mean the potions but the behavior? .when the man is done with us, then we could probably appear at Queen Victoria's court without attracting any attention. And yes, I know that this woman is getting on in years or is already dead.
.do you know why he is overdoing it? He doesn't want to tell me. The fact is that I've been getting additional private lessons lately. And not because I'm bad, he said it was about something else. .but I just can't get more out of him. Annoying something like that.
And I can tell you one thing, one-to-one tuition is not fun. Not because Dad is so strict, but because the exams are coming up soon. .I am slowly getting the feeling that this year I will do nothing more than study.

Potions drive me insane, every one of them. .yes i'm better already, but i want to be as good as my mom and sev. Why don't I learn this with all of Merlin's underwear? I try so hard. So why am I not granted success? .I am making good progress in other subjects in which I am not that good, the best example is history.
But I don't give up, I want to get better!

One more thing about manners. .we can all eat really well with the daggers now. I would never have dreamed that at the beginning. Now I'm no longer afraid of a formal meal. .well, when the time comes I'll be shaking again, but at least the cutlery won't fall out of my hand.
Even Draco has praised me and, thanks to you, he really has the best table manners of all of us.
.besides, we are practicing calligraphy, you have probably noticed that yourself, I am slowly learning to use the pen properly. Now the teachers can read my writing better too. .even Hermione used to have problems with writing tools.
We won't learn to write letters until the New Year so you will have to be patient and endure my erratic correspondence until then.

.oh yes, and since we can all eat with the daggers now, Dad gave us a little reward. The Muggleborns were allowed to come up with a coat of arms that they want to use in the wizarding world.
.I really like this part of the magical traditions. In the Muggle world, only the nobles were allowed to have such a coat of arms. No one else was allowed to do that. .but in the magical world it is even desirable, if not a duty, to have one's own family mark.
I also didn't know that the Weasley's mark was really a weasel. .or that the greengrass is a tuft of grass that is held together by a green snake.
You know the coat of arms of the Potters, but maybe you don't know what my mother thought up for herself back then. .it wasn't a cauldron or anything, but a red fox with a magic wand in its mouth. I liked that.
Hermione has chosen a book with three hands each with a magic wand pointing upwards on the cover. .that is supposed to represent the golden trio. Looks really great. The girl cannot draw but can use her magic. You should take a look at the coat of arms.
Unfortunately, you can only officially use it after you have passed the ZAG. .but I'm sure we can all do it.

So that we others, who already have a coat of arms, don't get bored, Severus allowed us to think of one that we would have chosen ourselves. Well, if we didn't have one yet. .well that was a failed sentence.
I took a tomcat with a white streak that dangles in the mouth of an African wild dog. You should have seen the face that Severus made when he saw my artwork.
.ron has taken Pig, his owl, as a model. She is sitting on a snitch by his coat of arms.
Draco took a kite, what else, that sits on a broomstick. No, I don't know how he came up with this nonsense.
.luna has chosen some magical animal that I don't even begin to know what it should be. But that's just the way the girl is.

Before I break up and get back to my homework, I wanted to tell you something. .Severus and Sirius have not only given me additional lessons in behavior but also in the control of my magic. Or should I calm my nerves? .The aim of the campaign was definitely to make me more relaxed and not to accidentally turn into a hangover in public.
Sirius called it strand training, by the way. .simply because you can still tell my mood by my white streak. I should still learn to master that, according to my parents. .But I understand that too, I don't want people to see through me so easily just by staring at my hair.

So that's it for today, I hope you enjoyed my letter a little.
.of course I am to send you my best wishes again. Draco has promised he'll write to you soon too.
I wish you all the best and good luck in the ministry

Your Harry

.Lucius leaned back smiling, he had enjoyed every word the boy had said. Harry wrote so vividly, choosing topics that he knew Sirius wouldn't tell him. At least that was the starting point for Lucius.
.Above all, Lucius found the lines about cod liver oil funny but also interesting. He had previously forced Draco to take the stuff himself, much like he had to drink it himself as a child. .when the blonde wondered what the Muggles were using it for, he felt sick afterwards.
“Tanning leather and then making it to children to drink. It just can't be healthy. And we all took that. ".lucius shook it right.
But he liked the rest of the letter too. That way, Harry really let him be part of his life and that of his friends. He didn't want to do without it for anything in the world.
.the blonde stroked the parchment carefully.
"Little one, you don't even know how much fun you are making me with it."

Satisfied, the blonde leaned back in his armchair and nibbled some of the delicious biscuits. .because they wouldn't taste good, the boy was a natural.
Lucius read the lines again and enjoyed every word again.
Presumably he would read the letter until he could memorize it. Or a new one came.
.lucius was looking forward to writing back to Harry. The boy should know how much he valued their beginning friendship.
However, he didn't know whether to tell Harry why Severus was giving his son extra lessons in behavior. .presumably his old friend didn't want to scare the boy and that was why he hadn't said so.
Well, in that case he too would be silent, he didn't want to interfere in the upbringing of his friends.
.lucius could certainly please Harry with all other subjects.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.6K 2.7K 6
During the Halloween night when Voldemort went to the Potter home, it wasn't Hadrian that was declared as the Boy Who Lived, rather his twin sister...
240K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
80K 1.2K 28
West is the daughter of the Famous Wicked Witch of the West. This book is gonna be based on her and her best friend Harry when there kids secretly in...
858K 39.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...