Tears of Blood (wlw)

By avcdg143

"She has a smile that could end wars." Devyn Ackerman is the top student at the elite school of Arden, and i... More

autumn breeze
introduce yourself
turf wars
fall for me
your ideas of mercy
three to four
meet your match
get along
stay down
stay in your lane
code yellow
saved by dimples
born a mistake
black on black
to hell with chaos
suit yourself
family feud
inner turmoil
beg for me
mushrooms
love is dangerous
the art of falling
declaration of war
do u have plans
swimming
darkness
sharp and dangerous
letting go
strawberries & cigarettes
irresistible leeches
winners & losers
don't die idiot
alexis
focus
stay awhile
all in the eyes
never say never
let's dance
who wants what
under the stars
About a week ago
smoking kills
ticket privilege
21 questions
2AM spies
summoner ring
eavesdrop
say my name
shoot
aftermath
loss
lighthouse
blood on your hands
Bro code
ray of sunshine
999
resist
speech
soaked
who are you
yacht
Roord
surprise!
into the night
confusion
confessor
riley
misunderstanding
satin green dress
jealous
Escalation
humble abode
rally
be back
elizabeth ackerman
ezra
who are you
tears of blood
welcome to orien
Author's Note

disgust

1.3K 43 17
By avcdg143

DEVYN POV

"You shouldn't go in there yet, your father is busy." One of the guards outside of my father's office warns me.

"Thanks for letting me know." I disregard his comments and fling the door open. My father has his back turned as he stares out of the window.

"Did you need something?" He asks.

"Why? I can't come talk to you, just because?"

"I have other things to worry about."

"I heard what you talked to the headmistress about." At this, he finally turns around to face me.

"About what?"

"You didn't want me in first place, why?"

"And who has told you this?"

"That doesn't matter."

He nods his head slowly and takes a seat on the couch. He waves me over and I trudge to the couch.

"It's true. I did say that." I can feel my heart break into even smaller pieces since the last time he broke it.

"I didn't ask if you did, I asked why."

"You can't handle it. You can't handle this life."

"What does that even mean?" My sadness is quickly turning into anger.

"Ever since you were little, you've been distracted. You've been different. You don't have the discipline that your sisters have. You can't control your emotions and sometimes even your actions."

"That's not true."

"Yeah? How many times have you ruined events? How many times have you not shown up?You didn't deserve that spot." He lights his cigar.

"Yeah, well I got it, didn't I?"

"Do you take me for a fool? I know about Ms.Ramos."

"I don't get how I can ever keep you happy with me. You're never satisfied."

"I'm not. You can't. Everything you are, is because of me. That's all."

"Don't start this again."

"It's the truth. You couldn't survive out there by yourself. Keep in mind that it's me who gave you all these opportunities. I have made you who you are. And you want to come in here, and ask me to appreciate you? No, Devyn, you need to appreciate me."

"You always do this. You always know just to make me feel like utter shit-"

"Watch your language."

"Why have you just kept me around if I'm just a fuck- up? Why do you always feel the need to diminish all of my accomplishments? Why does it always need to be about you? You have this weird obsession of wanting to be worshipped by everyone around you?"

"That will be enough. Get out."

"Sometimes I understand why mom left you for-"

With the speed of light he sends a slap across my face.

"One more word and you'll get something a lot more worse than that. You're nothing like an Ackerman. You disgust me."

I storm out before he could say anything more. From the front door Sloane, Felix, and Andrea enter. I can feel their eyes watching as I run up the stairs.

Locking my bedroom door behind me, I grab the nearest thing to me which in this case was a vase. I throw it against the wall, and it shatters loudly. I want to cry, but nothing comes out. I just sit there, feeling everything and nothing.

"Devyn? Devyn?" Andrea knocks on the door and I snap back to reality.

"Wait- I'm-" I frantically try to pick up the broken glass.

"Dev, let me in.... please."

And that's when the tears start to trickle down my cheeks. Everything around me gets blurry and out of anger I squeeze the broken pieces of glass in my hand. Truth is, I wanted to bleed. I wanted to hurt.

"Devyn, if you don't open up, I swear I'll break-" Before she can finish the sentence, I swing the door open and just as quickly, I walk back to my bed. Andrea closes the door behind her.

"Dev, you're bleeding." She sounds concerned but I don't budge. I stare at the floor. I can hear her walking over to the bathroom.

"Give me your hand." We don't talk as I watch her clean and wrap up my hand. She sits criss crossed on the floor, holding my hands. She looks up at me with her 'Andrea look.'

"I wanted to apologize, for saying things earlier. It was not my intention to hurt you in any way. I was out line and I shouldn't have talked about your father."

"No, no. It's okay."

"It's not. I'm sorry." I hate myself because I start to cry again. The tears trickle down and Andrea wipes them away.

"What is it? What happened?"She gets up to sit next to me.

"I just- I just hate everything right now."

"Okay. And why is that?"

"You're right about my Father. But I don't know why I'm always being punished for everything. I just want him to be proud of me. I want everyone to be happy. But I always end up ruining everything. He's right."

"What is he right about?"

"I wouldn't be here without him. I can't do anything by myself. I'm a failure. I don't even know why I'm here. Why do I exist?"

"Baby, don't say that."

"I just want to be wanted. Like I want to live, but I can't find a reason to. Everyday I wake up and I feel like I shouldn't be here. I feel like a burden. I-"

"Shhhhh. Devyn, listen to me. You are the very best person I have ever met. You are strong, you are loyal, you are smart, baby, you're everything. I see you, I see your eyes. I hear the pain in your voice. I want you to know that you are so fucking beautiful and a force to be reckoned with. And I will continue to be here for you and love you while you hurt, heal, and bloom. I'm right here for you. Just take it day by day, okay?"

"What did I ever do to deserve you?"

"I can ask you the same thing."

"I hate that you have to see me like this. I wish I could be better."

"We all go through things. It's okay, just breathe. Focus on yourself, Dev. Not anyone else."

"I'm trying."

"And that's all that matters."

She gives me a smile and leans in to kiss me and I didn't know I needed it until now.

"Thank you, really. You're a gem."

"Your gem."

"You got that right."

Sloane bursts into the room with a look of fear plastered on her face.

"What is it?"

"Sage's kids... the Rahl's.."

"What?"

"They have Isaac and Reece. They were taken on their way back from their friend's birthday party. Sage got a call not long after, saying they want to meet. They said they'll cooperate and return them unharmed if we return one of their men."

"Why would we have any of their men?"

"It's Arturo. That's who they want." I hear Andrea let out a gasp.

"I'm going with Sage and her team, you coming?" Sloane asks.

"You really need to ask?" I grab my jacket.

"I'm coming too." Andrea adds.

"No. It can get dangerous. I won't let you."

"I'd like to see you stop me. Plus, I can help." I know I can't win against her.

"Sloane, I think you should be at home, resting."

"Nobody messes with my family. You know how I feel about that."

"Great. Both of you won't listen to me. But I'm driving."

We pile into the car and head over to Sage's house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 4.1K 27
sᴏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴇᴀsᴏɴ 𝟸 ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴅᴇᴍᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴠ sᴇʀɪᴀʟ ᴍᴀᴅᴅᴀᴍ sɪʀ❤️..ʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ɢᴏᴛ ᴡɪᴛɴᴇss ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴏғ ᴍᴘᴛ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀs ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏ...
11K 112 5
nothing like ignoring ur current projects to write smut about fictional murderers <3
57.5K 1.9K 90
She gazed into her dark brown eyes with lust and pain. A rose as red as her tainted lips she'd put behind her ear, still holding it there, never want...
12.4K 462 23
Two girls. At school they're total opposites. The cheer captain and the loaner geek. But at home, life isn't all as it's seems. And one teacher, and...